General chatter - Headphones

View Full Version : Headphones

stacylambert
02-07-2006, 01:26 PM
I was wondering what kind of headphones you all use for working out. The ear buds that came with my ipod would not stay in. I got a set that are ear buds with a rubber piece that goes behind your ear but they won't stay in either. I think my ears are too little or something because they also feel uncomfortable while they're in there. I saw a pair at Target I was thinking about trying. They are Sony's and they are an "outside" kind that clip onto your ear. Any thoughts?

srmb60
02-07-2006, 01:49 PM
My daughter has a pair that wrap round the back of your head and hang over your ears and in the front like a hearing aid. She really likes them.

AquaChick
02-07-2006, 01:56 PM
I'm not sure about who has better fitting headphones. You'd think they would produce a size small for those of us with smaller ears. :)

I think headphones are good at the gym, or at home while you work out, but I would be careful about wearing them outside on a walk or jog (just in case you do). You can't hear what's going on around you-- and with all the freaks out in the world, you have to be really careful. Okay, I'll turn mommy mode off now...lol...;)

chick_in_the_hat
02-07-2006, 02:32 PM
I just keep the volume down when I'm outside.....I alos have the kind that wrap round the back of your head and hang over your ears and in the front. They work great!!! My latest pair even has reflectors...but I don't know if anyone can see them under the hat. ;)

tobetheman
02-07-2006, 02:43 PM
Since those behind the ear ones that have a clip on them failed and the little ear plug ones will likely fall out go for the Sony S2 Sports Street Style heaphones. I hear that these are good esp. if u work out hard or move around a lot when working out.

josie4
02-07-2006, 04:59 PM
I've got a pair like this, and I love them! (Mine are Sony.)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v128/josie4/JHB-100.jpg

shrinkingchica
02-07-2006, 05:35 PM
Ug those stupid ear buds do not fit me either!!!

I wonder if they make them in a childrens variety (cause those would probably fit me, I have v v tiny ears!)

Seriously, does anyone know if they DO make child size ear buds??

L144S
02-08-2006, 07:43 PM
I have this kind, love them, sleep with them too :)
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00008VIX2/sr=1-12/qid=1139442174/ref=pd_bbs_12/104-5206446-4407145?%5Fencoding=UTF8

stacylambert
02-08-2006, 08:47 PM
L144S, I just bought those today! I went to look for the kind that tobetheman suggested but they didn't have them. And I had a pair just like the ones Josie suggested which I could not get to stay on. I'm happy you like those ones. I tried them on but haven't exercised with them yet. We'll see how it goes!

Linds81
02-08-2006, 09:04 PM
I alos have the kind that wrap round the back of your head and hang over your ears and in the front. They work great!!!

My headphones are like this too! They stay on without sliding off my ears, even when I'm bouncing around on the eliptical!

almostheaven
02-08-2006, 09:22 PM
I use Sony verticle in-the-ear headphones. They're light and go over the head snuggly so they even stay on when I jog. And the buds sit in the ear so you can easily hear the music, even with the volume low enough to hear the traffic. They came with my Sony jog-proof Sport CD player made specifically for exercise.