South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2006, 06:44 AM   #1  

Default It's Tuesday!

Morning chicks!

Here I am again sneaking on the computer in the morning when I really should be getting ready. The baby is home with DH today and tomorrow, so that makes getting out of the house a bit easier. I only have to get older DD ready for preschool. Of course, you can never predict her mood where at least the baby is happy! She will be 8 months old on Thursday and is the SWEETEST girl!!!!

Up a pound this week, but well deserved. I need to refocus and start writing down what I am eating. It helps me if I plan my day the evening before, and I have gotten away from that these last few weeks. Dinner is planned and made tonight as we had chicken skewers and salad on Sunday night- tons of leftovers.

Hope everyone has a super day!!
Old 02-07-2006, 07:33 AM   #2  
Yummy Mummy in the Making

Wow, I'm the second one! This must be a new record! (Obviously I have yet to be first...)

Well it was a scary day yesterday because around lunchtime I started showing symptoms of miscarriage. I called the Dr. immediately and they brought me in for a urine test (which was positive - whew!) and to draw blood to check my hormone levels. I will get the blood test results this morning some time. I am hoping and praying that they are within normal ranges! Then they will do another test on Wednesday to make sure my HCG level is doubling, as it should. I haven't been so anxious in a LONG time! I still feel pregnant - tired, cranky, queasy - but I still don't really know what's going on Keep me in your thoughts today!

Kiko - good morning! I'm glad that DH is able to give you a little break today! I hope you have a nice day!
Old 02-07-2006, 07:54 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 178/145/143

Height: 5ft 6

Morning ladies,

Kiko - sounds like you're on track, just need to re-focus

Christina - That all sounds so scary! I will say a prayer that everything will work out ok as I'm sure it will!

SO I'm up early this morning, gonna do my hour of cardio that I pledged (cardio is SO HARD in the morning, why is it so much easier in the evenings?), showing properties all day today so probably won't be on here much... So I got on the body fat analyzer and after Sunday it said that i was DOWN another 1.5% body fat (but weighing the same), all the sodium or something in my body must be throwing it off... Also want to post my "no clothes" weight as the body fat scale subtracts 2 pounds for clothes since I'm at the gym... which says that I'm at 156, just seems like it's been a while since I've gotten to move my ticker...

Have a great day chickas!
Old 02-07-2006, 08:26 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning!

Kiko ~ Sounds like you're right on track! Planning ahead is the real key, I know I do much better if I plan all my meals in advance. Hang in there, I'm right with you!

Christina ~ I've just said a special prayer for you, and you'll be in my thoughts all day.

Sarahslacker ~ At least your ticker is finally moving in the right direction! Mine has been stuck at this point forever! Wow, and hour of cardio first thing in the morning, WTG!

Yesterday I had to take the girls swimming, and I had to get in the pool with Maggie. Ugh! It was not what I wanted to do, and the water was cold! Their mommy decided to sign up for a Pilates class at the same time, so now I'm stuck taking the girls every Monday
Yesterday was a good OP day for me, and I feel really motivated this morning. Just hope this feeling stays with me. I don't know why I'm having such a hard time all of the sudden. Must be the mid-winter slumps! Well, I'd better go and try to do something productive before I leave to get the girls. I got out some chicken for tonight, so I need to figure what I'm going to do with it.
Old 02-07-2006, 08:43 AM   #5  

Hey y'all!

Christina - read your post this morning - I am keeping my fingers and toesies crossed that all is well with your pregnancy. I'll be thinking about you today - and praying that those HCG levels are on the rise as they should be!

I am having a happy day so far today! I was soooo good yesterday - and today - The pound I gained is gone! SO - my ticker is correct as of today - lol. That makes me very happy.

I was supposed to go to Spinning at 5:30 AM - but my book club met last night at Starbucks and that was over around 8 pm - at which point another friend of ours who is not in the book club showed up to hang out for a bit - and well - we stayed at Starbucks until 11 pm when they closed. And frankly - I could not get up this morning. Of course - now I will have to admit it to all my friends - who were ultra impressed that I was going to get up early and go SPin - and they were all inspired to start doing the same - lol. SO much for me being inspiring - ha ha. BUT - if it were not for being out so late last night - I would have gone. I keep having issues getting to Spinning at the regular time - which is noon. I can go two days a week - those are the two days that my 3 year old is in school. But - those are also the only two days that I have with just me and the baby - and things keep coming up that I need to do without the 3 year old. For example - today - a friend is coming over to organize my office for me. One day last week - we had babies only playdate. Once I had a playgroup meeting ... and in a few weeks we are having Tot Spot Time at the Children's Museum. Ok - so see - if I use every little event for an excuse to not go to Spinning - I will never go! SO - my new plan is - that if I can not make the noon class due to some other obligation - then I am up and at the YMCA for the 5:30 am class. I think that will work for me - as long as I don't stay out too late the night before - lol.

Ok - I'm planning on Pilates tonight - I'll let y'all know how it goes!
Old 02-07-2006, 08:53 AM   #6  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Can't believe I'm here so early.Hows everyone doing???????????Going to atemped to get some walking in even though its cold & windy .

Planning to have a not as hectic day like I did yesterday.

KiKo-Thanks for starting us up today. I'm going tho have chicken tenders with 1/2 c barley and veggies. I never had barley as a carb before,I normally use it in my soups. I let you know how it tastes outside the soup.

Christina-Sending you good: vibes and some prayers thast ever thing it going to be ok with your pregnancy.Try not to stress out,just do what the doctors tell you.

Sarah-Goodluck with your scales. Don't know too much about body fat scale my DD has I when I go down there I give her the information and she types it in.

Cottage-That great that your out swimming that the best workout out there, so the experts say, you use all your muscles . We all have the winter slump,you'll get out of it soon.Think positive.

Hi Texasheather

Hugs BB
Old 02-07-2006, 09:14 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 270/212/170

Height: 5'9

Good Mornin' Ya'll

Christina--I am saying a prayer for you right now... to you, I pray that everything goes well and you get good news today!!!!

Last night was terrible, I had good intentions all day yesterday, did well all day until late at night. TOM is here and played havoc with me. I broke down and ate 6 oreos, yes I said 6!!! I dont' know why I kept eating them, the first one was ok, then the second was so sweet, but I just couldn't stop. I was posessed or something. So I feel bloated today and guilty. But today is a new day right!!

Going to another pilates class tonight. I do enjoy that class, but its strange, I won't feel the effects until tomorrow night or even Thursday!! I guess that means it's working. But this is a great class, I hate running around in those other classes but this one is so relaxing, meaning I just get in a zone during class.

Well, ya'll have a great day and take care
Old 02-07-2006, 09:15 AM   #8  
just a few more...

S/C/G: 138/112.4/105

Height: 5'1"

gotta run to the gym but will def be thinking of you Christina. Your quesy, cranky, tired symptoms all sound good!! Just try not to stress yorself too much!!

good luck with the Pilates Heather!! just don't get sidetracked, lol
Old 02-07-2006, 09:32 AM   #9  
Kyemom

Morning chicks..will be having a huge salad tonight with cottage cheese and chicken..yummmmm...
Got a call from a career recruiter that I was working with several months ago. He has a job that he thinks is a perfect fit for me. It is 10K more a year than I make now, about the same distance from home, we will see!!!! I am hungry, gonna go to the kitchen and get a bite to eat. Talk to you all in a bit.
Christina---I will say a prayer for you.
Old 02-07-2006, 10:15 AM   #10  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

to Christina!

Just got on now - server problems. Gotta dash out. Back later.

Be good!
Old 02-07-2006, 10:19 AM   #11  
Yummy Mummy in the Making

Thanks for the prayers and hugs everyone! I still haven't heard back and I am going completely bonkers! :

Fingers still tightly crossed...
Old 02-07-2006, 10:21 AM   #12  
gotta lose it!

Morning all.....I'm in here a little late. I had my AVON sales representative meeting last night...it was fun, but a little odd. Put it this way.....for a company that sells BEAUTY products - I was the prettiest one there. (Which boosted my ego, but also made me wonder how these ladies do it?) But it was fun, I met some new folks & I have decided that I want to be in President's Club & get a Miss Albee - I know...it's an AVON thing! So I came home all motivated & hyped up & I was up until 2am getting my books ready.

Ruthie - Yes I live in "Metro Detroit" it's north of Detroit. Where I'm at it's nice....a lot of rich folks (not me of course!) You see women with the LV bags and nannies & they shop all day - what a rough life!

Christine - ((big hugs)) to you - we are all praying for you, hubby & the little one!

Kye - New job more $$....at least hear what he has to say.

Batmom - have fun at the gym...I gotta do that if I want to kick pearsy behind in this bet

Tammy - Don't fret about the 6 oreos....it could of been worse! Drink more water today!

BB - Have a relaxed day!

Heather - Starbucks....love their coffee...even the smell. I could sit in there & just smell. Can you maybe join a later spinning class?

Cottage - I'm in the same winter funk....don't want to stay op at all!

Sarah - I find cardio to be hard at ALL times of the day! Good for you for doing it!

Kiko- dinner sounds yummy...can I come over?

Well I'm off to do some work & exercise & more work....err!
Chat with you later!
Old 02-07-2006, 10:48 AM   #13  
GARDENING ADDICT

Quote:
Originally Posted by crk05
Well it was a scary day yesterday because around lunchtime I started showing symptoms of miscarriage. I called the Dr. immediately and they brought me in for a urine test (which was positive - whew!) and to draw blood to check my hormone levels. I will get the blood test results this morning some time. I am hoping and praying that they are within normal ranges! Then they will do another test on Wednesday to make sure my HCG level is doubling, as it should. I haven't been so anxious in a LONG time! I still feel pregnant - tired, cranky, queasy - but I still don't really know what's going on Keep me in your thoughts today!
I haven't had a chance to read everybody's posts yet but I want to tell Christina that I am keeping her and her baby in my prayers. Hang in there, Christina!! Keep us posted with updates. Sending you and good vibes :
Old 02-07-2006, 10:55 AM   #14  
GARDENING ADDICT

BB~~When I make barley I cook it in low sodium broth instead of water. This adds a bit more flavor to it. I love the chewiness of barley and 1/2 cup is a nice size serving (which I cannot say about pasta~who can only eat 1/2 cup of pasta, anyway??).
Old 02-07-2006, 11:09 AM   #15  
South Beach Goddess

S/C/G: 191/158/145

Christina - You & your wee one are in my prayers!

I'm down one pound this week but my official weigh in is tonight. I'll update my ticker tomorrow.
I went to the doctor for an initial annual exam. Boy did they take a lot of blood. I don't like that at all! I hate blood! It did feel great to tell the doctor that I've lost weight & quit smoking. I've been given a clean bill of health and will get all of my blood test results on Friday. He's pretty good looking & young so it was really weird to tell him why I'm taking a fiber suppliment!
Last night I found out that brown rice takes 45 minutes to cook. What a rip! I don't have 45 minutes to make some stupid rice. I wish I did. Is their a quick & easy way to make brown rice?
Later.
Closed Thread