Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2006, 08:52 PM   #1  
Professional dieter

S/C/G: 250/232/130

Height: 5'3"

Default Sugar

So, I have a low cal recipe for a Monte Cristo sandwhich. It's topper is a quarter of a tsp of Confectioner's sugar. Now. of course, you could just omit it, but would it really be THAT bad? It's not very much AT ALL. To me, it wouldn't be a Monte Cristo w/ out the sugar and of course SF jelly! It is such a great recipe and I would post it, but I don't want to hear hemmin and hawin (sp?) about it not being OP

A quarter of a tsp! I honestly don't think that amount is gonna cause "cravings". What do you guys think?

Last edited by Jennie527; 02-07-2006 at 09:59 AM.
Old 02-07-2006, 09:28 AM   #2  
Who needs sleep?

Not only is the sugar a no-no, but confectioner's sugar also contains cornstarch, making it a double no-no. I have no idea what a Monte Cristo sandwich is, but it sounds like something you'd be better off saving for ph3, IMHO.
Old 02-07-2006, 01:27 PM   #3  
Started SBD 1/26/04

Jennie personally I would love to see your recipe.

I have discovered that I can do little bits of sugar here and there and not have it set off cravings or upset my weight loss. The same with corn startch. I know some people can't do that. I also know it has taken me two years to figure out what I can and can't eat and how often I can eat certain things without starting the binging again.

I would really like to see your recipe. If nothing else would you PM it to me. Thanks.
Closed Thread