Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Old 02-06-2006, 02:13 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 211/211/140

Height: 5'4"

Question Finding motivation again after injury

I injured my toe a few weeks before Christmas. I broke two bones, and my doctor told me to lay off my lower body routine (apart from abs), for 2 months. I let my whole routine go, upper body alone seemed pointless.

I had a check up with her and all was fine, so permission to start training again slowly.

Now, on day 1 of starting again, I got an injury to my lats. The doctor told me no weights for two weeks.

The two weeks was up a couple of weeks ago. I just cant find the motivation to start again, and of course I'm nervy about another injury. I've been working out with weights sporadically for 3 years, so I'm not concerned about my form, I think the lats thing was just bad luck rather than b/c of my form.

But I just cant get started again.
Any tips or advice?
TIA!
Artemis__ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 08:16 AM   #2  
in development

Height: 5' 6"

Artemis, do you go to the gymn or work out at home? If you go to a gymn, I'd say pack your bag and go there. Then just put yourself on automatic. Go through the motions. Don't push yourself, just get yourself used to being back there. Don't overthink anything.

And if you work out at home. Try to do the same. Don't think too much about it. Try to get back into the swing of it.

Very good luck! Injuries are just [insert any bad word you like].
silverbirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 07:13 AM   #3  

hi Artemis,

Just like Silverbirch said: get going, and do not think to much about it. Just take it easy the first couple of times, use light weights. Action comes before motivation, so you'll probabely find when you are 10 minutes into your workout that you like what you are doing.

Just do it!

rabbit
4rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote