Cooking Hints & Miscellaneous Info - sugar-free soymilk?

View Full Version : sugar-free soymilk?

darlingchick
02-06-2006, 11:09 AM
I was dissapointed to discover that the 8th continent light vanilla soymilk I had contained sugar. I am looking for the brand of soymilk that is sugarfree, if anyone can help! This veg*n needs her soymilk!
(and until then...I am getting rid of it by sneaking it into recipes for my family :devil: ...as long as my grandfather doesnt see it go in, he can't complain about the weird food! this man has an aversion to all things "diet" or "fake"!) Thanks for the help.

pearshape
02-09-2006, 03:03 PM
WestSoy Soy Slender is divine! It comes in the boxes on the shelves, not in the refrigerated section.

purple_monkey_ninja
02-12-2006, 11:04 PM
I just tried the Silk with no sugar, and I really enjoyed it! It's similar to the plain Silk, but with no sweetness. I guess I didn't really notice how sweet the plain was until I did try the the no sugar one, but it was a fairly easy transition, and I suppose if you really needed to, you could a sugar substitute or something.

I just found it at the grocery along with the regular Silk, but I can't remember which of the local stores I found it at, but it was the first time I'd seen it. Maybe you can ask them to order it for you if they do not yet carry it at your local grocer.

http://www.whitewave.com/index.php?id=117&pid=37

I hope this helps!

athensmomof3
06-11-2006, 10:41 AM
I love the Westsoy Slender - found out about it in the SBD Quick and Easy cookbook when I made their soy chai tea. It comes in Vanilla and Chocolate and tastes great - on the shelves with the boxed soy milk not in the fridge section (but they have it every where I have been in this small Georgia town!)

Quixotica
07-31-2008, 06:12 PM
I buy Vitasoy organic unsweetened. Per 8 oz. serving it has 90 calories, 4.5 grams total fat, 0 cholesterol, 140 mg. sodium, 5 carbs, 1 gram fiber and 9 grams of protien. Hmm, it says 5 grams of sugar, but it is unsweetened, which means the sugars are the naturally occuring carbs in the soybeans. I only use 1/2 cup at a time, which means I am getting 2.5 grams of carbs/sugar per serving. I use it for making yogurt shakes and coffee drinks.
Sheri