Old 02-06-2006, 10:46 AM   #1  
2blessed2Bstressed

S/C/G: 201/201/165

Height: 5'11"

Default Weekly Chat 2/6-2/12

Good Morning Ladies!

How was everyone's weekend?

I ended up going to a super bowl party anyways...and I paid for it all night. My stomach was so mad at me for eating greasy snacks and way to much beer.

I'm going to try and have a good day...even though I'm very tired and grouchy today since I didn't get any decent sleep.
spillthebeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 10:48 AM   #2  
Chuggin' along...

Haha, oops, spill, we started a weekly thread at the same time! Doh.
Megan1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 11:33 AM   #3  
Bahamas '06 or Bust!

S/C/G: 179/167.8/115

Height: 5'6"

I didn't know which chat to post to (megan also posted one), but since this one was on top I'll post here.

I had a great weekend. I hiked South Mtn. w/ my family Saturday and Sunday - we took different trails each day to make it more interesting. The sun was very, very strong on Saturday, and I was sweating so much! TMI, right? Ewwww. It was strangely cool and cloudy yesterday, which made for perfect hiking weather. My legs are slightly sore today, which is good considering we hiked up some really steep inclines!

My weight is down 5 lbs since last Monday....mostly water weight, I know, but still! 5 lbs! Woohooo! I set a personal goal to lose 12 lbs this month and I have 7 lbs left to lose to reach it! If I make my goal, this will be first weight loss goal that I've accomplished in my entire life. I've never really set goals before, but I need them to keep me motivated, and it is working for me so far.

We're not really football fans at my house, except for my dad and brothers. My older brother went to a Superbowl party and my younger brother had to work, so that left my dad to watch the game at home. My Mom and I made homemade pizza w/ broccoli, garlic, spinach, pineapple, green pepper & jalapeno, so we enjoyed a little of that (we have tons of leftovers) while semi-watching the game (it was on in the adjoining family room while Mom and I were making pizza in the kitchen). I don't follow football at all, but I was happy that the Steelers won.

Afterwards, I took a quick power walk around my neighborhood just because I felt like it, watched Grey's Anatomy (sooo good! can't wait for the continuation) in my bedroom and fell asleep by 10. All in all, it was a productive, rejuvenating and lovely weekend.

Here's to a week of health and happiness!

Spill, I hope you get the sleep you need tonight!
Isla_Bonita115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 01:01 PM   #4  

I watched Grey's Anatomy too...AHHH I was covering my face and peering through my fingers with the part with Christina Ricci was saying how she wanted to pull her hand out of that guys body....I LOVE GA! I can't wait for next sunday to see how Derek reacts
Pilatesgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 01:11 PM   #5  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Megan--I read your post in the other thread...hope you have a much better week!

Jenn--woohoo, congrats on the 5 pounds!

I'm not much of a football fan, but you better believe I still used the SuperBowl as an excuse to eat At least I minimized damage where I could--I made dip with ff cream cheese, turkey chili, and cheese, and we ate it on baked tortilla chips. Of course, we also ordered pizza, so so much for that Luckily with the calorie cycling, I still ended up with less than 1800 daily calories for the week, so it's all good

Oooh, and we went to see When a Stranger Calls on Friday night. I expected it to be absolutely horrible, but it really wasn't too bad. It's not a very complicated plot, and you already know what happens from the commercials, but it was pretty good for what it was--I'd give it a C+
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 01:18 PM   #6  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

Height: 5'2

I love love love GA. Last nights eposide was sooo good. SO much happened I am on my toes until next week when I get to find out. This weekend went poorly for me too. I am up 2# and need to get back on track this week.
Stephanie Osborne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 01:20 PM   #7  
12 pounds lost in 2006

Jenn – Wow, you got in some good exercise this weekend. Congrats on the 5 lb. loss

Spillthebeans – Hopefully your tummy feels better. Did you at least enjoy the food while you were eating it?

I watched the Super Bowl with my BF. He doesn’t really watch football. I know weird huh?!?! But he watched it because I wanted to. I didn’t win any money in our pool at work! Darn it! But I was happy the Steelers one. I loved the commercials. My favorite was the FedEx commercial

I missed Grey's Anatomy. I never watch it, but wanted to see it last night because the previews looked so good.

I haven’t lost any weight since Wednesday of last week! I’ve been working out and eating pretty good. I won’t get discouraged though. I’ll keep at it. Tonight is my Latin dance class. I always sweat up a storm in that class
mocha74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 01:24 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 282/ticker/145

Oh Yea, Go Steelers! I was soooo happy. I was having a definite temper tantrum early in the game but they got it together

I also used it as an excuse to eat and ended up with about 2200-2500 calories. Not horrible I suppose. Not having any beer helped.

I'm starving today though. My metabolism is in overdrive from yesterday and is not happy with just cereal!

CONGRATS on the weight loss Jenn! 12 pounds is hard but doable. Good Luck!
stacylambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 02:55 PM   #9  
Movin' and Losin'

Well, I had some horrible eating and drinking this weekend as well. Unfortunately, it wasn't just Superbowl Sunday. It started on Saturday and just got worse!

BF and I went to a friend's birthday party on Saturday. It was tons of fun, but I drank way too much, and it was lots of sugary, syrupy drinks that I know are terrible for me. The thing is, I would have been so much happier with light beer or wine, which would have been much better choices. Unfortunately, they didn't have either of those, and silly me, thought that I needed to drink, no matter what the choice!

Sunday was just a "eat-because-I'm-bored/lonely" day, I guess... BF's mom is here visiting, and he is always entertaining her. So, they went out during the Super Bowl (since she's not a football fan at all), and I was left by myself on the couch. So, I ate. I wish I would have known they were going out, I could have gone to a party and behaved myself much better. I always eat so much better if people are watching than when I'm left by myself.

But, it's the start of a new week, and I plan on doing great! I've still been exercising despite the crappy eating and drinking, so at least I've got that going for me.

Hope you all have a fabulous week!

Take care,
Jina
jdoggmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 03:13 PM   #10  

This weekend was actually really great for me. Saturday my bf and i ran errands (Trader Joe's, Home Depot, all those exciting stores! ). Then, he had plans to go out with guy friends from work at 7, so when he walked out the door, i walked out the door...to the gym (i wanted to spend the day with him, and figured if i didn't walk out the door with him, i wouldn't have gone). well, i kinda felt like a dork going to the gym on a saturday night, but it was early enough that i could've gone out after, but late enough that it wasn't crowded. i did 30 minutes on the bike and an hour on the elliptical (VERY HIGH intensity). i was sore on sunday, but knew that was going to be my day off (of eating as well). it was a really great workout.

sunday was not bad. i made nachos (lower fat) to get my super bowl food cravings out of the way before we went to the parties. i did great at the parties, actually didn't eat (one party i was too busy playing with the puppy). i drank about 5 beers, and came home and ate. i was on target for pts. even though i designated this as a "free" day minus the beer. with the beer i was over.

i guess i just didn't want to ruin all my work all week because of superbowl parties. i decided on beer instead of food, so i did celebrate, just not with food (also, i think i was still feeling guilty about thursday when my sister brought over take out) my next free day this month is valentine's day.

keep up the good work this week!
chicagoposter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 04:33 PM   #11  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Yay Jenn!!!!
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 07:37 PM   #12  
Moderator.:.20-Somethings

GA was great last night! I also can't wait till the new episode.

Hmm, i'm getting mad seeing that i'm up another 2. I don't get it. =sighs= I am hoping its just water weight.

What is the area above your butt called, a little bit towards the sides? Not lower back but the fat there.... sorry for it being a silly question. Is that considered love handles still or is there another name for it?
trnsfrmnreplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 07:44 PM   #13  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

I call those chunkas, and I hate them!!! I think that they deserve their own name because of thir annoyingness!
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 08:08 PM   #14  
Moderator.:.20-Somethings

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockItUp
I call those chunkas, and I hate them!!! I think that they deserve their own name because of thir annoyingness!
Hahaahhaha. You are right. They are the reason my butt looks odd.
trnsfrmnreplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 08:30 PM   #15  

If you talking about love handles...I know your pain! I hate them! If I would ever in my life get liposuction...THAT is where I'd get it! I really wish I had a firm back and I really wish I had more of those two indents on my sacrum...ya know what I am talking about?
Pilatesgrl is offline   Reply With Quote