Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2006, 09:57 AM   #1  

Height: 5'7"

Default Thin4Life - Week of Feb. 6/06

Good morning Lifers! I hope everyone survived the weekend.

Mine was packed--not much time to do a whole lot. I probably ate more than I should have over the course of the weekend but I know can pull myself together and get back on track. I need to get serious about getting rid of the extra pounds I've been hanging on to.

I can't remember if I posted that my dr. appointment went well--I got some answers to my questions and so we'll see how things progress from here. They also drew blood to check my thyroid.

Winter has arrived once again--we had 12" of snow yesterday and more is on the way. It was cold & windy this morning with temps hovering around 25 degrees! Brrr.... The forecast is pretty much the same for the whole week--snow showers & cold temps. Pam, are you getting hit??

The game last night was good--I always look forward to the commercials. The half-time show was okay--it was hard to hear Mick Jagger but we could hear the music just fine. Anyway, I had forgotten the last time the Steelers won a Super Bowl was when I was a senior in high school!

So how's everyone else this morning?

Hi to Lala, Pam, Lisa, Austingal, Velveteen!!
Old 02-06-2006, 10:57 AM   #2  

Height: 6'0"

Hi, Melissa, thanks for getting the thread started. I'm glad your Dr. appointment went well. I enjoyed the Super Bowl, too. I'm glad that the Steelers won; I got kind of teary-eyed when Cowher was hugging his wife and daughters. I thought the half-time show was so-so. The singing of the National Anthem was horrible!!! First, we couldn't hear Aaron Neville and then Aretha (who is very capable of singing the National Anthem) just wrecked it.

I ate way too much this weekend. I don't know what got into me, but I was eating more than I wanted. Bad sign. I'm not sure what's going on in my head!

It was a crappy weekend weather-wise; we had rain and more rain. We didn't go golfing, so DH and I decided to fix some things around the house. We installed a new ceiling fan (replaced an old one) and changed out a ballast on the fluorescent fixture in the kitchen. And....they work!

Today it's chilly. This morning it was 43 degrees!

How is everyone else doing?
Old 02-06-2006, 04:40 PM   #3  
si, si signora

hi everyone.

i'll post later, lots going on, most of it positive, just busy making maps and living in chaos.

glad the superbowl is over and things are back on track!

lala
Old 02-07-2006, 12:21 PM   #4  
si, si signora

Hi everyone again...

I'm still living in disarray and spending more and more time at my parents as there is no where at all in our house to sit other than our bed.

Sunny here and after my last two weeks, I'm thinking I may leave early on thursday and friday and spend some quality time in my garden.

As for WW, after the last few weeks, I'm trying to get back on track yesterday and today, the no bake cookie I had for breakfast is not a good start, but its journalled.

I'm actually dogging out of three events tonight alone so that I can keep myself from temptation. I realize that being tired is very good way to make poor choices here.

Ack, valentine's day is next week!

Lisa -- have they started to tile work yet?

Melissa - have things gotten warmer?

How is everyone else? Pam, Susan, Austin, Velveteen? Bueller?

lala
Old 02-07-2006, 12:25 PM   #5  

Hi Ladies,

A hectic day so far. Started the day following DH to the garage. He hit a huge pothole over the weekend and totally put his car out of alignment. Since he had a lot to do and the car was going to take awhile, he now has my car. As soon as I walked in to my office my assistant asked if she could leave to bring her son to the doctor. Apparently he has a bad case of the flu. I told her fine and I would see her tomorrow. So, you can imagine my surprised when she comes back to work 15 minutes ago with her sick son and says he's staying here with her until her mother in law can pick him up. Now this kid looked awful, swollen glands, pale etc. She said the doctor suspects he has strep throat and he has a temp of 101. I just couldn't believe she wouldn't have brought him straight home! Anyway, she was quite upset with me when I asked her to leave and bring him home. I honestly don't understand some people. She has plenty of sick time she could use if money was the issue, she would have been paid to stay home with him today. And it's not like he's a little kid...he's 16 years old. He could have stayed home by himself and gone to bed! Argh...sorry for the rant.

Melissa so sorry you got all that snow! We haven't gotten any and it doesn't look like it's in this weeks forecast but it sure got a lot colder. Temps are only in the low 30's and in the teens at night. I'm glad everything went well at your doctors appt.

Lisa I agree the national anthem was performed terribly and I was disappointed with the Stones. I really didn't care for any of the commercials either other than the "magic refrigerator" one. That was kind of cute.

Lala hope the chaos is almost over. I noticed your ticker, you've been making some progress!

Well ladies, I need to get some work done but first I think I'll grab some lunch. Talk to you later.
Old 02-07-2006, 02:12 PM   #6  

Pam, I agree with your rant. I can't believe she brought a very contagious child to your office!!! Strep throat is highly contagious.

lala, yes, you've made progress!! Sorry you can't stay at your home. They started ripping up the old flooring today and the workers are not happy. They said the former installers must have used superglue or something. The floor is coming up in pieces 2" x 3" big. They'll keep hacking away.

Today we have customers here and there is an apple pie, apple strudel, and cake. I didn't have any of it!! Sigh!
Old 02-08-2006, 09:48 AM   #7  

Good morning ladies! It's a brisk 23 degrees here this morning. Temps are more in the normal range for this time of year. After having the warmer temps in January it feels like we're in a deep freeze! The snow has stopped for the time being but more is on the way. I did get outside and do some shoveling (I keep thinking activity points) so that's the only good thing about this.

My eating hasn't been all that great but it hasn't been really bad either. I was talking with a friend and told her I've become complacent with the program and I think part of the problem is that there is nothing new--no new challenges, nothing new to learn, etc. I'm trying hard to focus on new recipes, etc. and am hoping to spark some interest.

Lisa: Has your weather warmed up any? I know for FL that 43 is cold.

Lala: I find that when I'm tired I make poor choices when it comes to food--last night was a good example. I should've went to bed but I stayed up trying to get in touch with a friend on the phone and ended up eating some tortilla chips (which I really did NOT want).

Pam: I can never understand why people do that--my boss is kind of like that--he should've stayed home yesterday to rest (he has a bad cold) but instead came into the office. Luckily I was out most of the day with our Wellness Fair and a meeting but he's here today and said he felt like he was having a relapse. He has a big info session with students later today and I know that's why he's here. Maybe he'll stay home tomorrow if he's not feeling good...

Susan: Hope everything is going well--it's getting close to moving day isn't it?

Hi to Austingal, Velveteen! Hope you're both doing well!
Old 02-08-2006, 01:41 PM   #8  

Hi ladies,

It's really cold here today.. mid 20's. All the warm January weather made us think spring was just around the corner. Weigh in this morning was not pretty. I knew it wouldn't be since it's TOM and I'm feeling particularly bloated this month. I need to take a look at my journal and see if I had eaten more high sodium foods. Anyway hopefully next week I'll be down the 2 I put on this week.

Melissa I know what you mean about getting complacent sometimes. I really need to set a weight goal for myself that is attainable. The high end of the WW range for my height (5'3") is too high for me, but I think the goal I have may be too low. My weight now is within the range, but I'm struggling to stay at the low end. If I eat healthy and exercise moderately I can stay where I am now which is fine, but I keep thinking how much better I looked when I was 10lbs lighter. Just don't know if that weight is still realistic for me.

Lisa Wow to stay away from all the goodies is really and accomplishment. The strudel would have gotten me.

Lala I know Valentines Day just kind of snuck up on me too. No real plans yet. I hope you can leave early tomorrow and spend some quiet time in your garden. Seems like you've had a lot going on lately.

Hi Susan hope all is well with you.
Old 02-08-2006, 02:00 PM   #9  
si, si signora

Hi everyone,

Bring your cold to work day has got to stop. I went to the post office yesterday to mail something and the teller was so sick. I was afraid to touch my credit card after the transaction.

My eating still sucks. Last night for dinner I had rocky road ice cream with milk, 8 points worth. It was good and it was milk. But it was not balanced, unless you count milk and some almonds.

However, my skirt is loose, so go figure. I will weigh tomorrow.

Lisa - it is cold there. Colder than here. We had much the same problem when we pulled the vinyl out of our basement. It took forever and it came out in tiny pieces. It'll be lovely in the end.

Pam -- I think maybe being at work is a release for her?

Susan - Please post pics of your new digs.

Hi everyone else.

lala
Old 02-08-2006, 03:59 PM   #10  

It is so chilly here. Went for a my run this morning and I think I ran faster because I was so cold. It was in the low 40's again. Brrr. Customers are still here; today they had cherry cheesecake. I didn't have any, but I did eat some of the spinach dip which was good.

I was told today that there will now be a WW meeting where I work. That should make my monthly WI's easier. I'm going to check it out.

The old floor is finally ripped out. Those poor guys worked their butts off; tile will start tomorrow. I know that it will be so pretty when it's done. The birds are not happy. We have their cages in a back room; they are not pleased with all of the noise. DH called me and said that the stove is outside on the back porch, was that a problem? I told him that we still have a microwave, so we're all right. Hmmm, maybe we should go out, but I do have some leftovers.

Susan, yes, please post some pics.

lala, I know what you mean. I carry hand sanitizer in my car for that reason.

Pam, sorry about the gain.

Melissa, I think you're right. When we're tired, we should just go to bed and not eat.
Old 02-08-2006, 04:07 PM   #11  
si, si signora

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domina
The old floor is finally ripped out. Those poor guys worked their butts off; tile will start tomorrow. I know that it will be so pretty when it's done. The birds are not happy. We have their cages in a back room; they are not pleased with all of the noise. DH called me and said that the stove is outside on the back porch, was that a problem? I told him that we still have a microwave, so we're all right. Hmmm, maybe we should go out, but I do have some leftovers.
Ha. My stove was in my living room for two weeks and I don't have a microwave. It is/was pathetic. Hmm. We can put back our stove now, they are done sanding and filling, so all they are doing is topcoating.

Stay home if you can, the birds will be happy.

Happy day- class was cancelled tonight. I can either work on my paper or do nothing or go to the flower and garden show and stay downtown as our house still stinks.

options, it is good to have options.

lala
Old 02-09-2006, 08:22 AM   #12  

lala, we ate some leftovers using the microwave. Tonight may be a different story because we won't be allowed to walk on the floor when they finish the kitchen. We need to go to the computer store anyway because our CD ROM in the PC broke just as we were putting in the CD to get a new ISP going. I'll tell you, if I had any luck...

I'm glad your class was canceled. That was always good when I was going to school. Did you go to the flower and garden show. That sounds like fun.
Old 02-10-2006, 10:22 AM   #13  

Happy Friday everyone!!! I'm so glad this week is over! It's been busy and it'll be nice to have a somewhat quiet weekend.

Just wanted to give you all an update as to my dr. appt. I got a call this morning from their office that my thyroid level is up (hypothyroid) and they want me to follow up with my PCP. I have an appointment for Thursday morning. Gee, maybe that's why I've been so tired/sluggish and this darn weight isn't budging! I was down .4 this week, it's moving ever so slowly.

Lala: How are the floors? I love it when my clothes feel loose--how did your WI go?

Lisa: How are things progressing with your floors? Have your temps warmed up any?

Pam: We're still stuck in the mid 20's and it's bone-chilling to say the least. We've had some form of flurries all week but no major accumulations since last weekend. It's really hard to stay motivated with the gray skies and cold temps.

No major plans for the weekend--DH and DS #1 are going to Buffalo for rugby so they'll be gone all day. I should do some things around the house. Sunday my mom, aunt and I are going to a tea hosted by the Lincoln's at the Historical Museum--should be fun.
Old 02-10-2006, 01:57 PM   #14  

Melissa, agree, this week has been rough. Lots going on at work and not good stuff unfortunately. I'm glad that you found out something from you MD. The thyroid can mess you up weight-wise. I do hope that you don't have to go on medication. I'm not fond of prescription meds. The tea does sound like fun.

It warmed up today--70's and pleasant, but we're in for a rough weekend. On Sunday we will be lucky to get out of the 40's!!

They're putting the grout in today and then the floor will be done. Yesterday was interesting because we could only "live" in the living room and bedroom--no kitchen and no way to get to our birds who were on the other side of the house with the new tile. They were not happy because they could hear us, but we couldn't see them and talk to them. The floor looks good even in the state it's in. Took DH to the Olive Garden last night. That was good; we hadn't been there in a while.

Plans for the weekend? I have an all-day professional conference in Orlando tomorrow. On Sunday, I have a rehearsing for an oratorio I'm doing and then an audition that night for a comedy. We'll see.

How's everyone else?
Old 02-10-2006, 03:01 PM   #15  

Hi Ladies,

Yes I'm glad this week is over too. Not making too many plans for the weekend because it looks like we're going to get hit with a major snow storm on Saturday night into Sunday. Ack...I'm so sick of winter and we really haven't had a very severe one.
The only plans so far include a birthday party Sunday afternoon for my Dad. Hope the snow doesn't mess that up.
Next week looks like another hectic one with plenty of meetings. I think it's time to schedule a vacation soon.

Melissa enjoy the tea time with your Mom and aunt. That sounds like a lot of fun. Hope you dodge the snow this weekend, you already had your share this week.

Lisa I brought Lauren and one of her friends to an Olive Garden last Saturday for lunch. I love their soup, salad and breadstick lunch....just love the pasta fagioli. Your poor birds, they must be wondering why your ignoring them. Enjoy your conference in Orlando.

Hi to Lala and Susan, hope you both have a nice weekend. Talk to you all on Monday.
Closed Thread