Weight Loss Support - Losing for April Fools! Wk 7, Feb 6,2006

Sheri~C
02-05-2006, 06:16 PM
WELCOME!

Losing for April Fools
Challenge Group!

We are a group of determined people who have set a goal to reach within the next 48 days (8 weeks).

Everyone is welcome to join in at anytime during the challenge. All you need to do is set a goal for yourself. It can be weight loss, exercise, or maintenance; whatever it is you need support and motivation for.

We are all here working hard to stay strong and motivated and supporting each other is the best way to do this. Come as often as you can, post as much as you can and make 2006 the year of health and happiness for you!

We will post a new thread each Monday.

It is a documented fact that people who set goals are the most successful. Goals give you long-term vision and short-term motivation. By setting sharp, clearly defined goals, you can measure and take pride in the achievement of those goals. You can see forward progress in what might previously have seemed a long pointless grind. By setting goals, you will also raise your self-confidence, as you recognize your ability and competence in achieving the goals that you have set.
(From Mind tools)

"Set your goals high enough to inspire you and low enough to encourage you. Anonymous

Sheri~C
02-05-2006, 06:26 PM
It is time to recommit yourself!

6 weeks into the challenge with 8 weeks left to go people! I have noticed that we are slowing down and not posting as much and I guess the wind has gone out of the sails for some of us. I know the enthusiasm wanes a bit as time goes on but it is important to keep your spirits up and stay focused on your goals.

It can be very hard to keep yourself motivated so you need to find ways to encourage yourself. One of those things is to keep coming here. You made a commitment to reach a goal and we all want to help you get there. Another way to keep yourself on target is to get clear on what you really want, if you really know what you want then nothing can stand in your way. Successful people don't wait for the situation to improve. And they don't complain about it. They simply take action to improve the situation. Choose to be successful!

We do have a lot of success in this group and our total weight loss so far is 335.31 pounds!

If we can lose that amount in just 6 weeks, imagine the number we shall have at the end of the 8 weeks remaining in the challenge! It is time to reaffirm your commitment to yourself and stay strong and focused!

This quote by Ralph Marston may encourage some of you:

Start now
You'll get it done, if you start right now. Yes, there's so much to do. The task at the moment seems insurmountable. But there's no time to worry or fret. Get on with it. Get started right now.
Your actions can take you where your thoughts dare not even dream you'll go, if you'll get started now. It doesn't have to be perfect, it just has to be done. If you wait and worry, nothing will come. Look up, speak up, stand up, and make it happen.
Achievement is in the doing. Don't wait idly for it to be delivered -- that delivery will never come. Do what you can right now, no matter how little it may seem to be. There is something you can do. Though you can think of a thousand reasons not to, start now, and you're on your way.

Dinahgirl
02-05-2006, 06:42 PM
Thanks so much, Sheri, for your wise and motivating words. 335+ pounds is really awesome and I'm proud that a couple of those are mine. I hope I can contribute more in the next 8 weeks!

racegirl78
02-05-2006, 07:41 PM
Down to 148. :cb:

dgpebbles
02-05-2006, 09:14 PM
well my Feb goal of 1000 minutes of exercise is going great...so far I'm already at 295....I've been doing great on eating everyday till today...I broke down and ate ice cream but I'm still at the right amount of calories for the day..

racegirl - congrats on hitting your valentine goal already..your doing great

AnVy1221
02-05-2006, 09:51 PM
I'm not doing so well but I'm still here. I am recommitting as of Monday morning.

icedragon6669
02-05-2006, 10:16 PM
Hi all
I am still on plan! Week 2 of BFL! and going strong!

355 pounds! great job!

chaarli
02-05-2006, 11:03 PM
Well I was doing well but totaly lost it over the weekend and have to get myself back in control.
Great to hear how well everyone else has been doing.

la3y_un1c0rn_37
02-06-2006, 04:25 AM
I am still here not loseing any but still working on it I hope that I can get back to walking after this week is over the trade show will ship soon and I can get back to normal I am up early to get started on it....it comeing down to the wire and I have lots still to do....I have been doing well on my eating and I will stay with it..I hope you are all well.

dgpebbles
02-06-2006, 08:08 AM
wel I weight today and I'm down 1.5lbs...I'm not going to change my ticker cause I bought a new scale and it is 1.5lbs off from my old one..I'm going to stick with the new scale from here on out so hopefully I can change it next week....I going to be stronger this week with my eating.

have a great day everyone

purplecrush
02-06-2006, 09:20 AM
Hi all! Im still doing good. I bought a bunch of snacks yesterday for the Super Bowl and I thought I would have gone WAY over my points, but did I? Nope, ate my points and like 9 FlexPoints, so im good! I was proud of myself. I ate JUST till I was full. Normally I would have eaten all that I could!! Congrats on everyones Weight Loss!! My weigh in is tomorrow, and I cant wait!!

Talk soon!

** Stacye **
02-06-2006, 05:24 PM
Hey girls .. just a quick check in for now. No weight loss to report this week and I'm a little bummed about it ... I know we're all going to have weeks like this but this is the 1st week in many that I've not had a loss and it stinks!
I wasn't able to exercise like I needed b/c I pulled/strained a quad muscle in my left leg last Wednesday when we were bowling ... thank goodness it's feeling better now!
Speaking of working out ... I bought a balance ball and a jump rope today. Did you know that you can burn upto 1000 calories for an hour of jump rope? It's been yearrrrrrrrrrrrrrrs since I've done it - I'll probably break my neck or something! lol

Anyway ...
CONGRATS to everyone for your losses .... you're doing just a fabulous job! :carrot:
I'll be back after supper to do some personals.

** Stacye **
02-06-2006, 05:28 PM
OMGosh Sheri ... I'm freakin' out now! I didn't realize that there's ONLY 8 wks left in our Challenge - Yikes!

Dinahgirl
02-06-2006, 07:30 PM
Another one bites the dust! I weighed at the Y and I'm down another pound, so that's 3.5 for me. Woohoooooo! And I'm kind of amazed because I was traveling all last week for my job and it is so hard not to gain when I'm traveling. But I also walked everywhere while I was there, so that helped a lot.

CoolMom75
02-06-2006, 09:44 PM
I just finished week 1 of my weightloss journey, and lost 3 pounds. :carrot: 12 more pounds to go, in 8 weeks? I think I can do that. :)

dawn7672
02-06-2006, 11:12 PM
Hi everyone, I'm still hanging around. I don't weigh in 'til tomorrow morning, so I'll post my results then. I 've been losing consistently, but have slacked on my extra exercise routine. I still see the PT 2x/wk and been to curves only 1x/wk. I need to get back on track. I'm very proud of where we have come thus far. I'll check back tomorrow.

purplecrush
02-07-2006, 09:40 AM
Hey all! Well I weighed in today and im down another 3lbs!!! Wow I wasent sure if I was going to lose any weight with me eating chips and salty things, so im happy! Glad to see all the weight loss!!! Keep it up!!!

Sheri~C
02-07-2006, 09:40 AM
Yes you can get there

With each act, your confidence grows. Take the first step and you'll gain the confidence to take the next step.

The more you do, the more you'll be able to do. Begin the journey, and you'll set in motion a positive momentum that can surely carry you through.

Effort feeds upon itself. Even though you start small, you can soon go very far.

Though you may not yet have what it takes to finish, you always have what it takes to begin. And from the most modest initial effort, magnificent results can surely and eventually flow.

Whether the goal seems close at hand or infinitely far away, the way to reach it is the same. Take the first step, set the momentum of your action in motion, and grow along with it until you are there.

Be willing to take the first step, then follow where each step leads. And even the most ambitious goal is well within your reach.

-- Ralph Marston

Miaka
02-07-2006, 09:49 AM
Ahhh, I was just a pig over superball weekend. I ate lots of junk foods and did not exercise at all. I didn't even weight myself this week. I decided to count last week as a break and try to make up for it this week.

MommaAshley
02-07-2006, 10:50 AM
Hi Ladies :wave:

I have lost an additional 2 lbs towards my Goal for the April Fool's Challenge !! :carrot:

It's still a daily challenge, but well worth it to lose weight, be healthy, and feel more energized !!

Keep up the good work !! :cheer:

WOW to 355 lbs !! :yikes: That is just AWESOME !! :woo:

~ Elizabeth

dgpebbles
02-07-2006, 11:12 AM
WOW everyone is doing so great..:woo: ..keep it up...looks like we all are going to reach our goals.

Have a great day

** Stacye **
02-07-2006, 11:40 AM
Congrats to everyone for your losses this week! Hoo-Rah!! :carrot:
I've had my 1st week (and hopefully last!) of no loss - you girls are such an inspiration ... thanks for helping to keep me motivated!

destiny's mom
02-07-2006, 01:56 PM
My Vday challenge is a bust!! So now I will concentrate on this April Fools one. I only have .2 to add to the weight loss. At least it is not a gain, but I will take it and learn from it. Superbowl weekend put me in position that I was not ready for and I sabbotaged myself. I will be back on track. I am still committed to losing 15lbs by April Fools to put me at 196.

dawn7672
02-07-2006, 08:32 PM
dOWN another 1.25lbs and 6.50 inches. Thanks for all the encouragement

jenn_mullett
02-07-2006, 08:39 PM
Weigh in went well again thank God! down another 2.4lbs. Thanks girls for being there, and all the encouragement!! I want to change my goal now because there is still 2 months left and I hope to loose 15 more pounds...maybe I will change my goal to 155lbs. Good luck!

Jenn

sunshine06
02-07-2006, 08:40 PM
congrats to all who have hit mini goals for vday!! Way to go!!
Now if I could just get that scale to move....sooooo frustrating. Although I am seeing signs of loss, my bras are getting room in them, I have noticed that is the first place I lose weight, now maybe the scale will budge.
I have continued to stay on track. Maybe something is wrong with my food intake, I will look at that closer, still using fitday, but maybe in the wrong combinations. I am willing to look at anything.
With only 8 weeks to go- I have to mix it up to get this weight off.
I have a hard time making time for my exercise with my busy days (that we all have) but I decided that it is for ME and I need and deserve it, so I not only bumped up the time on the treadmill, but I am also doing ab work at night. I am so determined.
Have a great week, all!!

Sheri~C
02-07-2006, 08:59 PM
My WI this morning and i am down 1.6! I have been doing well on the exercise and gym so things are just chugging along right now. I need to lose 2 pounds a week now if I want to reach my goal.

Everyone is doing well, I don't see any gains so that is great, especially after the Superbowl Weekend! Good Job everyone!

purplecrush
02-07-2006, 09:45 PM
AHHH my butt and legs hurt tonight!! I worked them HARD today!!! I did Pilates, did stair stepper, walked down to my kids' school then came home and we all took a long walk. Now im paying the price. Pain never felt so good!!!

WTG everyone on the losses!!!!!!

la3y_un1c0rn_37
02-07-2006, 09:47 PM
I have straded from the exercises but now I am back. I have been so buzy at work I did not think I had time for exercise I did made the time tonight I did 40min on wieghts and the floor workout I was doing. I have not lost but I have not gained eather.I am staying with my food plan and I have got back to put things into my note book...So I am still on track and I am still working.....I will stay with this!!!!! I will do this!!!!!!!!! We all will do this!!!!!!!

AnVy1221
02-08-2006, 01:13 AM
Well, I did well today. I did all my exercise and I FINALLY managed to have a clean day of eating. I am hoping to build on that momentum for the rest of the week. I know that I've gained weight but I am staying away from the scale until Sunday so I don't sabotage my week. We'll see how it goes.

purplecrush
02-08-2006, 11:01 PM
Ahhhh Im even MORE sore than I was yesterday LOL.. I woke up this morning and could barely move. I think I overdid it yesterday. I tried to do my Pilates this morning, but couldnt even do the roll ups LOL..my stomach muscles HURT so bad LOL.. I stopped and Ill do them tomorrow, I gave myself a break today since it hurt to bad, it even hurts to laugh!!!! Then to make it even worse, had to take the van in to get new brakes and it took them 3 1/2 hours and me and my kids walked to Walmart which is 1/2 mile away and I was wearing the WRONG shoes!! 3inch high chunky shoes!! So im home now, gonna watch American Idol and go to bed! Wish me luck for tomorrow lol

Have a wonderful night!!!

DragonTush
02-09-2006, 01:15 AM
Hello ladies! How amazing that we have lost over 300lbs! Congrats to all of you who have lost and to all of you who aren't giving up.

I FINALLY lost another pound! Last week was a total bust so I have made wed. my weigh in day. I was so relieved to see that loss this morning. I was a bit anxious. I have gotten back on track, although a bit of a slip today. Went do Dairy Queen with my 3yr old dd. for a girls library then lunch date today/ I was soo bad LOL. BUT....I am back on track tonight. Going to the gym tomorrow morning and working that burger off my butt for sure :carrot:

Happy losing all!

Sheri~C
02-09-2006, 10:04 AM
Extra effort
When you've done all you can, do just a little bit more. Any extra effort you make will draw immense leverage from all the ordinary efforts which have preceded it. That can be powerful and effective.

Almost everyone does just enough to get by. Those who achieve spectacular success also do enough to get by; then they add a little bit of extra effort. That little bit of extra effort makes an enormous difference.

If you're ninety-five percent of the way to outstanding success, doesn't it make sense to go the additional five percent of the way? Extra efforts are quite insignificant when compared to the total effort, and yet they make an enormous difference in the final result. A marathon which takes hours to run, can be won or lost by a matter of seconds.

How can you make an extra effort right now, today? How can you do just a little bit more, a little bit that will make a big difference? In every kind of endeavor, there are ample opportunities for extra effort. Grab those opportunities, embrace that extra effort and transform ordinary mediocrity into bright and shining excellence.

-- Ralph Marston

la3y_un1c0rn_37
02-09-2006, 03:44 PM
Yes its me I am still eating good and work out more. I got out of the hang of working out now I am back. I just hope that I will have a loss this week I have not step on the scale sence Sunday. I hope all of you are well and still going strong..

I was thinking by the time we are done we will have lost a small crowd of people....lol ;)

Have a great day all!!!!!:hug:

bigmamatita
02-09-2006, 07:00 PM
This week I had a 1.2 lb gain. I hope it includes some muscle? I have been weight lifting and taking a protein supplement. Well I'll remain positive and continue to work hard to attain my goal.

Sheri~C
02-10-2006, 03:40 PM
Sorry I haven't been around much this week, I have been concentrating on my work and the family and it is keeping me busier than I thought it would.

You all are doing great, either staying on track and losing or maintaining and that is good news!

I just keep on walking and getting to the gym 3 times a week and am feeling great and loving the benefits of the exercise so I will continue on with it.

I need to spend more time getting some good music on the mp3 so I don't get bored while walking.

I hope to see more of you posting your stats this week so I can put another big number up on Sunday night.

Stay strong!

Sheri

FishWoman
02-10-2006, 04:35 PM
Hi everyone! I haven't been very good about keeping up with the posting, but I am still involved in this challenge! I had gained one pound, but then lost three, so I am down 2 pounds from January 1st! Only 7 more to go until my goal weight:carrot:

The past week and a half have not been very good for me. I thought I had the flu last week (fever, bone-achyness), whatever it was, it progressed into bronchitis - but the doctor prescribed antibiotics on Monday, and I am feeling so much better now:D I am actually going to work out tonight (it has been over 7 days since my last workout). I am going to take it slower and just do yoga, but at least I will be exercising again.

I hope everyone is doing well. I am going to try to be around more. I need the support!

la3y_un1c0rn_37
02-10-2006, 04:49 PM
Fishwomen: Sorry to hear you have been under the weather....Good job on the 2lbs

Today has been a bear I have been hard at work all day. I did not get to eat as good today...I missed breakfast and my snacks... I will be doing my workout tonight ...I will also try to walk this weekend....

Have a good weekend all...

icedragon6669
02-10-2006, 05:02 PM
Hi guys
Week 2 on BFL almost done (just gotta do my treadmill 20 min run!)
feeling good!

My weight is a little unstable at the moment! TOM! AHHH!
I bought a body fat scale! says my body fat is 38.5% (it says i am obese!) like ****!
it is either PMS bloating and water retention from good ole tom! or the scale is not working correctly, i will try again in a few days! Any one else have this problem?

Anyway. my treadmill is calling me!!!!!!!!!!
sonja

chaarli
02-11-2006, 03:04 PM
I have the problem with the body fat % on my scales.I'm still above my ideal weight range but have tones heaps and lost lots of inches.I'm down to a size 14 (metric) in jeans but my scales say I have a body fat % of 41%. I've given up on even looking at that and just concentrate on the weight and inches lost now.
Well I've finally got myself back on track and I'm looking forward to a good loss over the next few weeks.

bigmamatita
02-12-2006, 12:32 AM
To measure body fat more accurately yall might consider buying a fat caliper. Its more accurate at measuring your body fat. Currently my body fat percentage is 33.5%. I'm clearly overweight. I plan on attaining my goal of 22% body fat within the next 12 weeks. It means I have to lose 23 lbs of fat. I guess 131 lbs will be my new goal weight (long term).
Well today I did 1 hr of weight training and 5 min of cardio interval training. My calorie intake has been good so I expect to have good results to report at tomorrows weigh in.
I gotta say it seems like its gonna take 4-ever to lose this "baby fat pouch".
I wish all of you the best for this weeks weigh in! :crossed:

dgpebbles
02-12-2006, 08:32 AM
hey everyone..sorry I've been missing again...I've been very busy...I've been doing a great job this week..I'm at 432 minutes of exercise so far this month and doing great on eating...can't wait for weigh-in tomorrow...my scale also does body fat and mine shows me to be at 40.5% at the first of the month...I only track body fat once a month...I bought mine on 1-10-06 and was at 41.1% then...

jenn_mullett
02-12-2006, 03:48 PM
hello!
I havent been posting as often as usual due to life's craziness! I am still going strong- believe it or not on Tuesday will be week 6 of WW, it feels much longer:) I have been going to the gym almost daily (I miss a day now and again), and I have been following my points regularly. I am crossing my fingers for 1.8 loss on tuesday which will mean I have lost 15lbs since beginning WW. Anyways congrats to all the loosers! And keep on giving it all you got!!

Jenn

la3y_un1c0rn_37
02-13-2006, 07:53 AM
I did it put 3 pounds up for me.......

dgpebbles
02-13-2006, 08:15 AM
well 1.2lbs down for me..I wish I would lose faster than this but I do think I'm gaining muscle

Good luck Jenn and to everyone else

CoolMom75
02-13-2006, 01:16 PM
Week 2 (for me) and down another 2 pounds. :carrot:

Sheri~C
02-13-2006, 04:21 PM
STOP[/COLOR]

PLease post in the new thread, February 13, 06

Miaka
02-14-2006, 01:58 AM
I am down to my last 10lbs, it's getting harder and harder. Hopefully I will be able to hold on and get ride of them!

chaarli
02-14-2006, 01:44 PM
No loss this week bbut no gain either TOM so that's okay.