General chatter - Tattoo to signify your weight loss

HadEnough
02-05-2006, 03:40 PM
When I reach goal, I want to get a tattoo to signify my perseverance and hard work. Does anyone have any ideas or thoughts on this subject? I am drawing a complete blank.

1dayatatime
02-05-2006, 03:54 PM
I reward myself with fresh flowers each week I stay on target. Certain points earn myself certain amounts of money to buy my new wardrobe. When I'm at complete goal (which I'm still fluctuating as to what that truly is), I will be getting inkked....yes. I'm already inkked and have been hankerin' to do it again. I can't think of a better reason. :D I'm not yet sure what to get though...I do know it will be on my right foot.

BerkshireGrl
02-05-2006, 04:20 PM
I do know it will be on my right foot.

1day:

I love the :flow1: idea! and clothes! :cool:

Are you getting inked on your right foot because you started and ended on "the right foot"? :D

Interesting idea! I just have a small tattoo, from 1997, of a rose in full bloom, with a thorny black stem and green leaves, right above my heart. Total cheesy flash but I like it! :lol:

Now I need to think about getting a second one for getting to my Goal this year - maybe on my 35th birthday. Hmmm!

Signs of rebirth or renewal maybe? A phoenix, a blooming flower, the sun?

Or strength? A lioness, a strong woman goddess? A mountain with cranes flying in the sky?

All kinds of cool stuff to pick from! :)

RobinW
02-05-2006, 04:31 PM
I love tattoos on other ppl, but for myself Ive never found anything I truly liked enough to have permantently applied....although Ive seen a few that have made me think about it a bit more. .....to signify weightloss? Ive always loved the idea of "Tah Dah!" with frilly little flowers and coloured dots around it. .......or just as a goal reaching gift? how about, a "made in america" with a flag on the bottom of your foot? ......just some thoughts :)

fancyfrog
02-05-2006, 04:32 PM
This same thing has been on my mind for a couple weeks! I have always been afraid of getting one (pain), but come on, I've given birth 6 times! I can handle it! ( I hope!!!) The problem is picking the right thing? I want something that shows the strength it takes to change your life, but at the same time I want something "girlie", make any sense? I don't want to get one until I get to goal, so I still have time to think about it!
I wish all of you continued success in your journeys!

Kathy

If you are interested, come join us in the "summer starters 2/01/06" always great to see new people join in!!

FL_Chickie
02-05-2006, 04:37 PM
I don't have one, and don't see myself getting one, but for weight loss? How about a phoenix -- beauty rising out of the ashes of your old life...maybe a butterfly signifying transformation?

curlylocks
02-05-2006, 04:58 PM
im waiting for onderland to get one!

PsycoPhat
02-05-2006, 05:23 PM
I have a daisy on my lower back, and I think I may get a butterfly (yep, FL_chickie- for the transformation I'll be making;) ) just above it when I'm at my goal.

Wisertime
02-05-2006, 06:57 PM
I have thought about doing the same thing but that remains to be seen.

How about the Nike "swoosh" meaning Just Do It?

Lynn

mousie
02-05-2006, 07:11 PM
I want the butterfly that's in my avatar--a slightly modified version of Picasso's butterfly--in between my shoulderblades. That's not for....quite a few pounds yet, though. ;)

CynthiaB
02-05-2006, 07:37 PM
My reward for getting 3/4 of the way there (that is, 60 pounds lost) is a tattoo. Glad to see I'm not the only one!

I already have a small one on my ankle, a dolphin jumping through a crescent moon. I would like for my reward tattoo to be on my upper arm. I know that's sort of a "guy" place to put it, but I'm of the opinion that if I'm getting a tattoo I want it to be seen, not hidden. I will probably get a cheetah, if I can find one that's realistic and not cheesy. I love cheetahs, I think they are my totem animal or something. They are also THIN so what better symbol of weight loss? :-)

GreatBigMonsterMomma
02-05-2006, 08:51 PM
I like the phoenix idea. That's one you can really work with, you know?

I've been planning to get one for a long time, but I don't know exactly when. I want something over my c-section scar, but I am not entirely sure what. At first I was thinking something girly like flowers, but my uncle passed away in 2004, and I think I might honor him by getting a copy of one of his tattoos, an Egyptian beetle--can't for the life of me remember what it's called, but I have the picture in my head.

jules1216
02-05-2006, 09:56 PM
When I reach my goal weight I want to get a lotus flower on my lower back.

LadyFirelyght
02-05-2006, 10:05 PM
Sabra: Scarab beetle?

I've thought about getting a tattoo once I've reached my goal as well. I've sort of been afraid of getting one because of the pain... but then again I plan on having children one day so I'll be feeling even more pain then. I love the idea of a phoenix. So beautiful.

mom2twoboys
02-05-2006, 10:24 PM
Anyone watching Miami Ink? I love that show and it'd be a good place to research different tatoos and the meaning. I don't have any right now, but if I did lose all my weight I'd probably get one on the lower back area because I think they are sexy and my husband would love that! Forgot to say it's on TLC channel in the evening. Not sure exactly what time.

Firmgirl
02-05-2006, 11:23 PM
I too am considering a lotus flower on my back. One of the former Firm instructirs opened up a yoga studio and has one on her lower back.

jen1121
02-05-2006, 11:26 PM
a butterfly because you are finally free from the cucoon!!!! i know, i know, i am a genius! haha, probably somebody else said that already :joker:

tobetheman
02-06-2006, 03:41 AM
Ying Yang, for a sign of finally reaching a balance.
Or japanese symbols for victory, or some kind of cool life living phrase.

cinnamonspice
02-06-2006, 09:30 AM
I already have 5 so hey whats one more LOL! But yep, I plan on getting one too. I already have a butterfly on my lower back, so I'm not sure what I'll get. But I really like the phoenix idea. And girls, don't worry about the pain. If we can stand to lose weight (which takes sooooooo long) what's an 45 minutes of little stinging pain?!

2frustrated
02-06-2006, 09:44 AM
I like the idea of having one done on the sole of my foot... very nice!

I'd like the idea of a tatoo but I think they can sometimes look a little, well harsh and I don't think I'd want one where it can be seen (yeah I know what's the point!). So surely it would hurt loads on the sole of your foot wouldn't it?? Tell me? I like the "Made in UK" (it would be for me anyway!) I think I have just persuaded myself! :lol:

LadyFirelyght
02-06-2006, 10:26 AM
I have absolutely fallen in love with this design: http://www.deviantart.com/view/21364768/

I think it may be what I get. Love love love it!

stacylambert
02-06-2006, 10:51 AM
I have a fairy on the outside of my ankle with a swirly band and starbursts that wraps the whole way around already. Boy did that hurt on the ankle! I figured that was the safest place to get it at my high weight so there wouldn't be much distortion as I lost.

I'm going to get a couple when I lose weight. One I want is my dog on my back. And I hate to think about it but when he's gone I'll have little wings added to it. The other one I want will disguise my big ugly appendectomy scar. I want two little trees with a vine and monkey swinging from it. I love monkeys and the vine will run along my scar. I might get one on my lower back but I don't know what design yet.

FrouFrou
02-06-2006, 01:18 PM
I love tattoos! I have one on my left ankle of a heart with a red rose through it in memory of the baby lost. With his name underneath it. And yes it does hurt, for a few minutes but it is over before you know it and well worth it! I think a tattoo when you reach goal is a great idea. I too am wanting another, actually two more...a tweety bird and another of some kind on my back with my hubbies names and my childrens names-just haven't found exactly what I am looking for yet. So mine wouldn't be weight loss related. I think you have to find something that has significant meaning to you. A butterfly would be nice but EVERYONE gets a butterfly, a heart or a rose. While the meaning of a phoenix is cool, no offense to anyone, I think they are ugly and more masculine. Guess I am just into the girly ones and ones with color. Good luck finding the RIGHT tattoo for you.

Linds81
02-06-2006, 04:37 PM
I already have a tattoo (small dragonfly on the small of my back). I've definately thought of getting another one when I lose a bit more weight. The only problem is I have no idea where to get it. I was thinking about the inside of my ankle, or on my foot... but I'm still unsure. I like the spot I have my current tattoo because it can easily hide it. And it wont get all stretched out when I get pregnant... lol or God forbid... fatter than I am now!

Linds81
02-06-2006, 04:42 PM
Okay... my previous post just got deleted instead of posting :( Basically the gist of it is that I have a tattoo of a dragonfly on the small of my back. I've been wanting to get another one to reward my weight loss. I'm just kind of lost as to where I'd put it. I know I want a lotus flower either on my ankle or foot. I need it somewhere that I can hide if need be. And I want the tattoo in a place that will not get distorted when i get pregnant or God forbid get fatter than I am!!

Chestnutlass
02-06-2006, 04:43 PM
What a phenominal idea. A constant reminder of a promise to yourself! I would pick something that is small and private and makes you smile. ( a little hershey kiss to show that your kissed your fat goodbye???) A swan, a butterfly, or something more personal. It doesnt have to be "weight loss specific" YOU will always know why it is there!

BerkshireGrl
02-06-2006, 05:52 PM
A butterfly would be nice but EVERYONE gets a butterfly, a heart or a rose. While the meaning of a phoenix is cool, no offense to anyone, I think they are ugly and more masculine. Guess I am just into the girly ones and ones with color.

But that's because butterflies, hearts & roses are pretty ;)

I've seen some AMAZING tattoos on women that are definitely not flash (no offense to the flash bearers, I am a proud one myself, heh!)... or "girly".

For a gorgeous coffee table book, check out The Illustrated Woman! I have it, very very nice!

For some images from it, check out the below for inspiration (warning if you are opposed: bit of nudity, but all in good taste):

http://www.tattoos.com/gallery/proteus/index.htm

Can't see as much detail as in the real book, but it gives an idea or two...

I've found some cool phoenix images... Russian lacquer work has some amazing ones :)

I like the phoenix myself because it is a strong, powerful image... Losing weight, and keeping it off, requires a lot of strength! :lol:

As far as totem animals go, I've felt mine are either a lion (Leo birth sign) or fox (my middle name, and my mother's maiden name.)

Maybe a really brilliant Japanese-style fox on my back, with a gorgeous full tail... Hmm! ;)

GreatBigMonsterMomma
02-06-2006, 06:03 PM
Sabra: Scarab beetle?

Yes! That is exactly it, thank you. I just couldn't for the life of me remember what it was called! My uncle had a scarab beetle with a feathered band wrapping around one wrist. That's the one I want to copy. (He also had bats flying against a full moon, but that's not exactly my style. :lol: )

As far as pain...I've been told it hurts most to get a tattoo where the bones underneath are closest to the skin--your wrists or ankles, collarbone, that sort of thing. I admit I'm taking the easy way here by getting one to cover my c-section scar: I have little to no feeling in the area. ;)

Linds81
02-06-2006, 06:32 PM
this is the third time I've posted this... my messages are not going through :(. Anyways... Basically what I've said was I currently have a tattoo of a dragongly on the small of my back. I love it. Although I have been thinking about getting another tattoo to celebrate my weight loss. I am trying to think of where it would want it though because I like being able to hide it. I am thinking of a lotus flower on the inside of my ankle or foot... I just want a place that the tattoo will not stretch when I (god forbid) get fatter than I am, or pregnant...

icmethinner
02-06-2006, 07:04 PM
I think I may get my belly button pierced instead of a tattoo. I will probably never wear anything that will show it, but I'll know it's there and I'll know what it means!

mousie
02-06-2006, 07:06 PM
this is the third time I've posted this... my messages are not going through :(. Anyways... Basically what I've said was I currently have a tattoo of a dragongly on the small of my back. I love it. Although I have been thinking about getting another tattoo to celebrate my weight loss. I am trying to think of where it would want it though because I like being able to hide it. I am thinking of a lotus flower on the inside of my ankle or foot... I just want a place that the tattoo will not stretch when I (god forbid) get fatter than I am, or pregnant...
Linds--your post went through 3 times. I don't know what the problem is on your end, but your post is here! :)

HadEnough
02-06-2006, 08:01 PM
Great ideas, ladies! Gives me something to think about!

1dayatatime
02-06-2006, 08:46 PM
1day:

I love the :flow1: idea! and clothes! :cool:

Are you getting inked on your right foot because you started and ended on "the right foot"?

Gosh, I got busy and hadn't checked this forum. Sorry it's taken so long to answer.

Precisely. Many years ago while thumbing through one of the ex's Tattoo mags I came across a pic of a woman's tattooed foot. It started just below her ankle and went along the outside of the foot and across the foot just above the toes. It was flowering ivy of some type. For YEARS I have considered it and checked into it, however, tattoos on the foot can be tricky as they can be damaged by shoes if worn to soon, can fade if not done properly for the foot, etc. So, I've waited.

But I want my ultimate reward to be inked again. I'm not settled on the flowering ivy though but my right foot does indeed symbolize my new start.

ScarlettDrawl
02-06-2006, 09:22 PM
I have two tattoos (left ankle, right foot). I found out later that those can be the most painful places to get tattooed (w/ bones right under), but it really didn't seem that bad. I've been keeping them in places that shouldn't alter much as I lose. When I'm at goal, I plan to get something beautiful and large (not huge, but detailed) on my back. I have a few ideas for that one. I think it's a great idea to celebrate you successes, if that's your kind of thing.

elluvebug143
02-06-2006, 09:31 PM
Lower back will be cool!!!!! Also a pierced belly hehhehehe

elluvebug143
02-06-2006, 09:34 PM
A nice butterfly or a fairy if you're into that.

Glory87
02-06-2006, 11:32 PM
I got a tattoo to celebrate my weight loss last June. I never considered myself "hip" or "cool" enough for a tattoo (I was in the CHESS club in high school for god's sake) and there was never anything that meant so much to me I would want to tattoo it forever on my skin.

Losing 60 lbs and feeling fabulous was definitely something I wanted to celebrate forever, to remind myself how hard I worked and something to remind myself every day that losing weight is much easier than keeping weight off.

I also thought about a pheonix or a butterfly or a bluebird of happiness. I started looking into Japanese characters, I wanted something that said "transformation" but when I started talking to Japanese speakers, it wasn't that simple.

A Chinese friend turned me onto Chinese proverbs. I found a bunch I loved and I picked my favorite saying that also had the most beautiful characters. My tattoo is 4 traditional Chinese characters of an old Chinese proverb "Dripping water eats through stone." Just to remind me of the hundreds of tiny changes I made and do on a daily basis to accomplish something enormous. Even a tiny drop of water can wear away a rock.

You can see my tattoo here (it looks huge, but it was taken in extreme close-up, it's barely 3 inches long, right down the middle of my back, the top is about an inch below a normal shirt collar):

http://gloriana.myphotoalbum.com/view_photo.php?set_albumName=album03&id=tattoo_finished

Here are some of the other choices I considered:

http://gloriana.myphotoalbum.com/view_album.php?set_albumName=album03&page=1

The great proverb site I used:

http://www.oneaday.org/archives.html

It updates daily, this proverb was added after I got mine. I love this and would probably have chosen this one if I had seen it (not that I don't love mine! this one just says it perfectly)

http://www.oneaday.org/2005/08/heaven_and_earth_have_changed.html

Getting tattooed didn't hurt that badly at all :)

Linds81
02-08-2006, 06:38 PM
Sorry guys, didn't mean to post the same message 3 times! I figured out it was on my end... lol obviously!

jules1216
02-08-2006, 08:02 PM
I think I may get my belly button pierced instead of a tattoo. I will probably never wear anything that will show it, but I'll know it's there and I'll know what it means!

I have three tattoos that with modest clothing can't be seen. I have two originals that were drawn for me. The first on my right shoulder is from a favorite earring which is a celtic heart. The intertwining lines make the heart. The second was a moon and two stars for my two kids-it's on my left shoulder. There are a lot of moon-sun-star design out there but the tattoo artist drew mine from a picture that I brought in. The third is in the middle of my upper back but can be covered with a tank top. It matches the exact same one on my hubby's arm. It is a rose with two locks because our love is here to stay(well most days anyway). I have been thinking about getting one on my lower back for awhile. I had been looking at a morning glory design and thought it was decided and then I saw a lotus flower (I know I posted it before but I thought I would go more in depth as to why) I like how they grow in adverse conditions. I have not had the easiest of lifes and I love the deeper meaning. Once I lose the weight it will be overcoming one more obstacle and I thought it would be fitting for me .

jules1216
02-08-2006, 08:05 PM
Gosh, I got busy and hadn't checked this forum. Sorry it's taken so long to answer.

Precisely. Many years ago while thumbing through one of the ex's Tattoo mags I came across a pic of a woman's tattooed foot. It started just below her ankle and went along the outside of the foot and across the foot just above the toes. It was flowering ivy of some type. For YEARS I have considered it and checked into it, however, tattoos on the foot can be tricky as they can be damaged by shoes if worn to soon, can fade if not done properly for the foot, etc. So, I've waited.

But I want my ultimate reward to be inked again. I'm not settled on the flowering ivy though but my right foot does indeed symbolize my new start.

My daughter has several tattoos and piercings--my favorite is a rose bud and leaf design going around her left ankle--she did a variation and picked blue roses. Best time to get a tattoo on your foot is spring-summer so you can wear flip-flops while it heals.

Vilandra485
02-08-2006, 08:25 PM
I have 3 tattoos already, but I'm seriously considering getting another one once I hit my goal. None of mine hurt at all, so that helps my decision alot. :D If I don't decide to get another tatoo I might do something else like it though, such as a peircing...but I find those hurt more, lol. My current tattoos are: 1) Cresent Moon and Stars - Color - Chest. 2) 2 Stars - Black - Wrist. 3) Eternity Symbol in Japanese - Black - Back of Neck.
I think I'd want my next to be something like a Fairy or something, but I don't know yet. But I have a long way to go, and when I get there, I know I'm going to do *something* to mark the occasion. :)

pamintx
02-09-2006, 06:23 AM
Ladies,
Speaking as one who has many tats (7), I can tell you, if the artist is good, it will only feel like it does when you knick yourself shaving (your legs). I do recommend however, think twice about covering scars. I have a tat of the outline of TX with the words "Pure Texas Meat" (don't laugh, was a dare, ex-hubby said I wouldn't drop my drawers for the artist, little did he know I thought the artist was HOT!:devil: ) on my left butt cheek. It hurt like heck when he hit the stretch marks (from where I spread when I was pregnant). He was kind and warned me when he was getting close so I'd be prepared.

He told me when I got my first one, the further away from your heart, the less painful it will be, and if you can watch it being done, it will hurt less. I can tell you, I have 2 on my ankles, 1 on my outer calf, 1 on my thigh, 1 on hip, 1 on butt cheek, and 1 on left shoulder blade, other than the one hitting my stretch marks, the one on my shoulder blade is the only one that hurt. All of mine can be hidden if I so choose, and all but the butt cheek one shows when I wear a bathing suit.

All of mine are girlie. The ankles, one is yellow rose (obvious), other is heart ripping thru skin (flash), calf is different colored morning glories I had him draw up from a picture for me (its about 6 inches long), thigh and hip are of unicorns (I was into them at the time, still think they are beautiful but oh well), TX on cheek, and Garfield and Pooky on my shoulder blade because Garfield is my hero, and everyone needs a teddy bear.;)

GreatBigMonsterMomma
02-09-2006, 06:28 AM
See, I know if I break down and get one tat, I will wind up with something Texas-related on my body somewhere. It's some undeniable law of nature for us Texans, it seems. :lol: Kinda like how when I lived in Virginia people understood me saying I wasn't gonna stay the second I told them where I'm from.

jules1216
02-10-2006, 08:10 AM
When I reach goal, I want to get a tattoo to signify my perseverance and hard work. Does anyone have any ideas or thoughts on this subject? I am drawing a complete blank.

You could get a cute little turtle---"slow & steady wins the race"

Tani
02-10-2006, 04:39 PM
I have three tats and am long over due for some new ink, but I haven't had time to really decide what I want. The next one will definitely be in celebration of achieving my goal of a healthy body. Hopefully I'll get it together by Summer, as it's so much easier to let a tat heal without a lot of clothing over it :)

My others are on my left shoulder (knotwork pentacle) back of my neck(7 circuit labyrinth) and left calf (stylized trillium)

happytx
02-10-2006, 05:03 PM
I have 3 tattoos already, now I plan on getting my marathon finishers metal on my lower back even though I havent reached my goal weight that was really a sign of a new me, and a new life, and nothing will ever compare to that accomplishment, so I want to carry that with me forever! :-)

FishWoman
02-10-2006, 05:23 PM
I have three tattoos, but one is specifically body-image related. I have an abstract/stylized outline of a swan on my right outer thigh. I have it to remind me every day that even though sometimes I feel like an ugly duckling, I am really a beautiful swan. I have had this one for about 10 years now.

Wide in Winnipeg
02-10-2006, 05:57 PM
OH SEE!! Now I have another tat to pick out!!!:D I love Miami ink!! Ami is the cutest and Garver is the best!! TEEHEE!! I have 4 tattoos,I have a anche~symbolizing eternal life and fertility(cross with the loop on the top) on my ankle with a band of thorns around it,done at seperate times so thats 2,I have a heart with ivy coming out the sides and I have a Scottish thistle on my left shoulder blade(by my heart).
I am going to get a celtic knot symbolizing motherhood and now something to symbolize my weight loss....That's going to be hard to come up with something.....!!! Anymore suggestions ladies???? Now I need more ideas!:D
Wendy

ABMom
02-10-2006, 11:38 PM
I love tattoos, myself, and even attempted to get one done once. My cousin was going to do it, but as soon as he touched me, I chickened out...so now I have a dot on my right arm...don't laugh too hard...Anyway, my boyfriend is really into tattoos, he has two and is getting two more right away, and he is always after me to get one, so maybe when I reach my goal I will. What better time, eh? I know he'd love it...Now if I can just get it done without a needle...;)

Wide in Winnipeg
02-11-2006, 12:28 PM
:D You could buy 5000 stick ons and pretend!!!That's funny about the dot! I bet there is alot of people walking this earth with dot's on them for the same reason!! Don't let the pressure get to you,if you want one bad enough,you'll deal with the irritation that comes with the art!Good Luck!
~W.~

jen1121
02-12-2006, 01:17 AM
icmethinner: i totally agree with you with the belly button piercing! every girl with a flat stomach has one and i would love to wear a shirt where you can see the little diamonds or beads hanging down just a little.. i think that is so cute. and no ink damage either! :)

Wide in Winnipeg
02-12-2006, 11:55 AM
I have my belly pierced...although you can't see it from the rolls!!!! LOL!!!:D Actually,it's not that bad! I don't show off my belly though! By the way, if you want your belly pierced,I got to warn you,I think it really hurts!!!!! I would rather have 20 tattoos done at the same time than to do that again!!!!
This coming from a woman who was in hard labour for 69 hours!! LOL!!!

icmethinner
02-12-2006, 09:00 PM
Thanks for the warning! I didn't know it hurt that much!! I pinched that area and it doesn't hurt - I remember it hurt bad when I got my ears pierced and can't imagine it being much worse. Do you mean during the piercing or while it's healing?

Wide in Winnipeg
02-12-2006, 10:03 PM
JUst during the peircing! It seemed to take forever! Some people have no problems what so ever,but mine got infected right away and started to grow out before it could heal properly! Turned out I was allergic to the stainless steel! So,I bought some colorless iodine and a gold belly ring and all has been great so far! I have got the ball caught on the button of my jeans a couple times,fixed that by wearing a belt, and have to wear the lower jeans all the time or it rubs/sticks to you! Otherwise I love it!:D I can't wait to see it again! LOL!!!
~W.~

Queenbee311
02-20-2006, 07:02 PM
This is a great idea, I thought about getting a tatoo when my 50 pounds is gone, however I didn't look at it as a gift or using it as a symbol of weight freedom. But, that is a great way to look at it.
I have always wanted the sun with water splashing on the outside and the pisece symbol inside the sun. Now I might add a crown to the sun for the Queen symbolization (in other works saying that I am the ruler of my body=)
Thanks!

lessthansign3
02-20-2006, 09:04 PM
I've thought about getting a small tattoo, but I think the biggest thing that keeps me from doing it (aside from the money that I don't have) is the fact that tattooed people aren't allowed in Japanese spas and hot springs sometimes. I'm not really sure why. I went to this massive spa called Spa World when I was there and there was a sign that said tattoos weren't allowed. You go completely naked, too, so there's no way to cover it!! There's no way I'd ruin my chance to ever get back to Spa World for a little picture on my skin. lol.

BerkshireGrl
02-20-2006, 09:58 PM
... tattooed people aren't allowed in Japanese spas and hot springs sometimes. I'm not really sure why. I went to this massive spa called Spa World when I was there and there was a sign that said tattoos weren't allowed. You go completely naked, too, so there's no way to cover it!! ...

Hmmm... maybe to prevent those still healing going into common waters? I dunno! Are open wounds ok? :lol: Ewww, gross out! ;)

What if you had a small tattoo and wore a band-aid over it? :s:

mishakal30
02-21-2006, 09:15 PM
Hadenough.. a tattoo is a fabulous idea! There are a lot of websites out there that can give you some ideas and they all have pictures so you can actually see what they look like.

When my divorce was final, I got a medical symbol tattooed on my back (I am/was a paramedic). I am planning to get a tribal band around my ankle sometime this summer with the initials RR integrated as a memorial to a close friend of mine who passed away suddenly from leukemia. When I am done this weight loss journey I plan to get inked once again :)

Let us know what you decide and show us a pic when you get it!

Tina30
02-22-2006, 09:20 AM
I have always told my husband when I reach my goal I would love to get a pair of wings on my lower back. The symbolism for me is that I will finally be free. I don't know about the rest of you but I am sick of feeling like a prisoner to weight. I want to be free from it and move on to just living a healthy life.

lessthansign3
02-22-2006, 11:30 AM
Hmmm... maybe to prevent those still healing going into common waters? I dunno! Are open wounds ok? :lol: Ewww, gross out! ;)

What if you had a small tattoo and wore a band-aid over it? :s:

You might be right about that. Or it could be some crazy Japanese thing that I just don't understand yet, but next time I go there I'll bring a Japanese friend along and ask!! A bandaid could work, but if it came off in the water that would suck. But that's what's butt glue is for!! :D Yes, there is such a thing as butt glue. Ask any experienced pageant girl.

I was thinking that maybe a tattoo on the neck just below my hair might be cool because it'd be easy to cover up and easy to reveal if I pull my hair up, but that'd be sooo painful I think! I have a cousin who was apprenticing as a tattoo artist, though, so maybe he could give me a family discout if I ever got one. If I did, it'd either be Hello Kitty or the Japanese character for "asahi", which was the name of the school I went to in Japan (Asahi High School). It's such a beautiful kanji and has a lot of personal meaning for me. I don't think I'd get any specific related to weight loss, although if I got one of those tattoos after losing that weight as a sort of reward it would be fun.

I've also thought that it'd be fun to get a tattoo on my butt. Hee hee.

Wide in Winnipeg
02-22-2006, 03:45 PM
[QUOTE=mishakal30]Hadenough.. a tattoo is a fabulous idea! There are a lot of websites out there that can give you some ideas and they all have pictures so you can actually see what they look like.

When my divorce was final, I got a medical symbol tattooed on my back (I am/was a paramedic). I am planning to get a tribal band around my ankle sometime this summer with the initials RR integrated as a memorial to a close friend of mine who passed away suddenly from leukemia. When I am done this weight loss journey I plan to get inked once again :)

Let us know what you decide and show us a pic when you get it![/QUOTE

I gotta tell ya! After you get the band around your ankle,DO NOT GO DANCING FOR THE NIGHT!!:D My ankle was so swollen I had to endure an extra 3 hours of tatooing to fill in where the ink had come out!Won't do that again!lol!