Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 02-05-2006, 10:12 AM   #1  
300+ Chick

Exclamation Having a Tough Time..

Hello...

I am a compulsive eater.. I am having a rough time getting started with my weight loss efforts. I am a huge sweets eater and this weekend, binged on candies. I was following Richard Simmons FoodMover and had lost 11 Lbs, but had a relaspe and gained most of it back..So discouraging!

I always have a weight and food problem..in the past was successful with slim fast and Richard Simmons. Now, I just can't avoid the sweets..am so addictted to them , it is like my best friend or something.

I am going to keep trying with my plan with the FoodMover and learn how to eat normal. I would like to make some friends and possible have a friend on a phone chat for a few minutes when we have that urge to eat. I did had online friends that I call when that urge strikes and kinda helped..but now, one of my online pal never bother calling or sending me a text msg for support before a binge. Am hoping on finding a friend who can relate with me and also near for on going support.

I have over 100 Lbs to loose and my main goal at the moment is to stay on track with food and my plan...I know it takes a month or so to have a clean habit..and that is what am struggling with ..each day is a new beginning.

For anyone that can relate can PM me.

Thank you and Good luck..
Liliann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 06:47 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 412/TICKER/175

Height: 5'5

Hi there hun. You said it already...each day is a new beginning. Have you tried writing yourself little notes to stick on the fridge, so that every time you go to compulsively eat, you see WHY you don't need to eat...what your goals are. I have a picture up of myself on the fridge just for that reason. I see what I am today, and I know I don't want to stay that way.

There's a forum for all of us over 300 pounds. It's full of lots of support, and we know what it's like to be over 300, and the specific problems that realate to it.

If you have any questions, or if you ever need to talk, feel free to PM me anytime!

~Kayley
kayleystar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 08:44 AM   #3  

Height: 5'-2"

Liliann, I just wanted to welcome you, and send you a big hug...
You've proven that you CAN lose weight... it's just a matter of sticking to it, and I know you can do that. Hang in there, girl...

Kayley, congratulations to you on your loss to date, too!
Great suggestions for Liliann.
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 10:28 AM   #4  

Dont know if this will help but I am on a low calorie diet (1500 a day) and I dont deny myself any type of food. Every day I have a fun size mars bar (89 calories) If I want another A LOT then I have it. It is still not many calories. After a while the fun (Yes it honestly is sometimes!) of dieting means that you find it easier to not have the second one. I don't have any other type of sweets/candies in the house and I'm far to lazy to go and get any.

This may not work for you, some people find giving up altogether works better for them, but I find if I think I can't have something then I just go crazy for it.

Exercise takes away the urge for food as well and it gets the anger or whatever is fueling the binge out of your system. I've got a punch bag in the attic and a few thumps on that takes away lots of the urge for sweets.

The thing is though that sweets aren't your best friend, although sometimes they are really comforting, but a real best friend wouldn't hurt your health. Maybe if you think like that it might help.

Hope this helps. You can do this and once you believe that its much easier! Ignore any of my suggestions that don't help. Its all about what works for you.
coley144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 11:06 PM   #5  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Lilianne, same here about the sweets,,,
I can't even eat anything with aspertame,,,instant migraine. I have tried splenda and its not bad. Walmart makes these tasty lil chewy candies that are made with splenda.
My big thing is baking,,,love cookies and cakes. Found that if I take an apple or two,,,chop. A pack of instant oatmeal,,more cinnamon...and making apple crisp. It works for me...
da fat n da furious is offline   Reply With Quote