PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Old 02-03-2006, 08:37 PM   #1  

Default Jury is in

My doctor diagnosed me just today with PCOS. I have of course had my concerns about it all along, but it was the bottom of the list of things they scared me with that could be wrong with me.

Good news came today though, because I also found out in the last two weeks I've dropped eight pounds! I'm really excited. I'm doing the Jorge Cruise three hour diet and have found it to be the most realistic diet I've ever tried.

I'm TTC #1 also, though the doctor and I agree that I need to shed some pounds before even attempting fertility drugs. I'm all for a healthier happier pregnancy when and if it comes.

I am looking for a PCOS buddy who is also TTC who might be interested in exchanging nightly e-mails. It's when I'm my worst about wanting to munch away my insecurity.

Anyway, if interested or have any helpful advice. Please let me know

Rebecca
RejectBarbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 08:34 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 252/247/130

Hey Rebecca! Glad to hear you have decided to join us in the JC forum, I too suffer from PCOS and it took loads of tests and meds and losing weight for me to conceive my daughter who is not 3 1/2. Did your doctor put you on any meds? Metoform maybe???? I know how PCOS can affect you and TTC, but I took the meds for 2 months, lost some weight and then conceived my daughter so don't give up cause everything is possible!!!

Good luck to you and we look forward to seeing you around the JC forum!
LaurieM35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 02:57 PM   #3  
TTC #1 w/ PCOS

Hi Rebecca,

I also have PCOS and am TTC #1. I just recently went off BCP and am trying to lose weight before getting pregnant. My email address is klp1115 (at) yahoo.com if you would like to email me! I'd love to have a PCOS friend who understands!!

Kristal
i_will_succeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 02:23 AM   #4  

Default me too

hi girls,

i have pcos too. have been trying for 7 months. i gained 2-3 lbs a month on meds...a total of about 20 lbs. so we decided to take a break since it was driving the both of us crazy. i hope to lose 35 lbs by june and we will try again. let's chat and support each other.
mujiboston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 01:24 PM   #5  
janelosing2006

Default New here too!

Hi,

I'm new here and this is my first post. It's so nice to meet other women like me going through similar experiences. I would love to buddy up with all of you, I really don't know anyone else going through this that understands. Anyway my name is Jane, I'm 34 and I was diagnosed with PCOS and IR last March. My husband and I have been TTC since our wedding night (6/30/01) and I knew something was wrong but it took a while to find an endocrinologist (sp) to help me. I have a daughter from a previous relationship and I would love to give her a sibling and I would love to have a baby with my husband and add to our little family, he has no children but considers my daughter his, he is really sweet. I started taking Metformin in April of last year and I got pregnant in May only to miscarry in July. Now I'm seeing a reproductive endocrinologist, so hopefully I'll get pg again soon and this time I'll be closely monitored and hopefully end up with a healthy baby. I want to lose 30 something pounds but its hard because TTC is so stressful and food is a quick fix, well for that moment atleast. I'm determined to lose the weight and before I saw the endo who put me on Metformin I had lost 20 lbs. but after getting pg I was so excited and got spoiled with bad stuff, like banana splits and other sugary stuff and after the miscarriage I was so depressed I continued to eat bad stuff and I gained it all back so I'm now ready to start over again. I'm hoping with the Metformin and eating better and exercizing I'll lose weight and get pg again because thats what worked for me last time. My e-mail is [email protected] and I would love to lend support whenever I can. I look forward to getting to know you all and sorry my post is so long. I hope we all accomplish our goals and find friends along the way.

Thanks for listening,
Jane
wishingandahoping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 11:33 PM   #6  
Diana

S/C/G: 230/210/130

Hey there!
I am in a similar situation. I got pg with dd in September (of 2004) with Clomid. We want to ttc again, but I kinda want to lose some more weight first.

We havent been using any protection since dd was born in june, and I actually havent had a period since then. But I am seeing an RE now who put me on Avandia. So far I dont know if its working, but I am very emotional lately, crying at commercials, etc.

We've decided that if nothing happens between here and June, we'll ask the doctor to put me on clomid or something like that.

If you ever want to chat, pm me and I'll give you my email.

Best of luck!
ForLife is offline   Reply With Quote