Old 02-03-2006, 06:54 PM   #1  
Mommy, wife, teacher

Cool Ssmgs

Well, after being officially unwelcomed in another forum group, we will now hereby open the first meeting of the SSMGS!!!
Summerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 07:01 PM   #2  

What is Ssmgs????????? (<- i am a dunce, it is probably something everyone knows!? LOL)
icedragon6669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 07:09 PM   #3  
Mommy, wife, teacher

Ice: It is an acronym that contains words we'd rather not share. But thanks for asking!
Old 02-05-2006, 10:00 AM   #4  
Mommy, wife, teacher

Wink

The full explanation of this weekend's drama will be found in my recent PM.

Phew!

Back to business...

Yesterday morning, we picked up our travel documents to Disneyworld, and suddenly this trip seemed so much more REAL. I drove out of AAA Travel Agency squealing like a crazy woman as DD desperately requested that I "cut it out!!!" Imagine an 8 year-old having to shut-up her 41 year-old mother! I tried to control it, but every so often, more excitement escaped my "zipped, locked, throw away the key" mouth.

We were on our way to the southern CT conference cheerleading competition that DD's cheerleading coaches were competing in. Our map quest directions were deeply flawed, but thanks to a high school freshman we saw at a Shell gas station, we found our destination. We got there just in time to see the girls compete. They saw DD and took photos with her. DD was BEAMING! We stayed for the whole competition, which was a long 2 hours for DD, but it was worth it when our team won!!! Tomorrow night is DD's cheerleading practice, and she can't wait to see the girls again.

My cold which seemed to be all better yesterday, has started to get worse. So, I skipped church and will be laying low for the rest of the day. I don't want to miss another day of school.

I've lost track of everything that you all last wrote. Ginny, I hope you continue to be kept out of the family drama and that FIL is doing better. Robyn, sorry you and I won't be meeting up after all. Kerry, congrats on the recent weight loss. Pam, you've already lost a lot of weight, and if you don't lose a few more pounds, will it really matter? Just do what you do, and concentrate on having a FABULOUS trip!!!

Take care my friends.
Old 02-05-2006, 08:21 PM   #5  
Mommy, wife, teacher

My aide called tonite to report Friday's goings on... Funny how desperate she is to share every moment I'm not there with me when she just blows off our classroom every chance she gets... Apparently we had a sub for all of 5 minutes. She was a real sweetie and brought Dunkin Munchkins in for the kids plus Valentine gift certificates for Krispie Kreem! Unfortunately, she was pulled from the room and put in a different class for another teacher who was also absent and who is soooo much more special than me. Meanwhile, I could lose my accreditation by not having a certified teacher in the room. By 10am, she was given another aide to "help." One of these days, I feel like reporting my own classroom when my aide or myself is out so the accreditation team can catch us without the proper ratio or teacher with credentials. Just let my director of early childhood see the lack of support I get in my school. Whatever!?! My aide also let me know that a parent who we've been trying to help took something we said the wrong way and blew up at my aide (I'm so glad I missed that confrontation.) You try to go out of your way to help someone and get bit in the butt! Screw it...let the bimbo fend for herself from now on. All this makes me sooo excited to get back to work tomorrow.

Pam: After dragging myself off the couch to make DD some lunch, I got the bright idea to clean my room as well. I didn't get around to vacuuming either. I would also be THRILLED to be a size 12. I was a 9/10 in high school and was quite thin. At a women's 12, I would be thin but not too skinny. Then again, I'm 5'8" tall, and I would look gawky in a size 10.

Ginny: Can I get AAA directions online like Mapquest? That would be so cool. We drove to Florida on our honeymoon in July in a NON-Air conditioned car, and we used the AAA Trip Tik. It was a great map with easy directions.

Robyn: Go party girl!!! Of course they NEED you there!!! If you were closer, you'd have an open invitation to all my parties.

Kerry: I hope you find us in our new home.
Old 02-05-2006, 08:53 PM   #6  
GmaTo8

Gee ladies, I sure hope you're talking about an entirely different web site than 3fc when you say you were unwelcomed somewhere, because after researching your posts, I can't see where anyone was rude to you. For example, the Jaded Ladies gave you a warm welcome and your posts were deleted at your own request.

Please keep in mind that others must be made to feel welcome here as well. There are no private forums here at 3fc, and if that's what you're searching for, you've come to the wrong place. We do our best to give support, encouragement and a feeling of fellowship on all boards here and expect all members to do the same.

Otherwise, welcome to Misc. Clubs!
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 08:39 PM   #7  
Mommy, wife, teacher

Okay my dear friends...it has been a challenging week, but I'll be damned if it is gonna get me down.

Today, the same sped boy that got me sick last week was placed in my classroom again only this time with another sped boy. Their aide accompanied them, as sick as could be. Apparently the little stinker shared his cold germs with more people than just me. I opened a window to air out the room, but with it being absolutely freezing outside, I couldn't open it as widely as I would have liked. To top it all off, a boy who is going through both a family and psychological crisis was placed in my room in the afternoon after throwing a chair at the principal and trashing her office. Amazingly enough, he was quite peaceful in my room and even made a valentine for his mother. (Of course, much of his conversation revolved around killing people with guns and how his father tried to kill his mother...all true unfortunately.) It was a very long and emotionally draining day, and my students didn't get nearly enough attention from my aide or myself. We were basically trying to keep everyone safe.

DD had cheerleading practice tonite and presented her coaches with a card and picture frames she made to congratulate them for winning 1st prize in the regional cheerleading competition.

Well, I'm beat. I will get some rest and start fresh tomorrow.

Don't let the turkeys getcha down!
Old 02-07-2006, 06:28 PM   #8  
KAR

Evening Ladies,
Sorry I have been MIA for the last few days! Busy with the stepkids this weekend. Then I woke up at 2 a.m. with a sore throat. So I stayed home from school so I went to Urgent Care to find out that I have strep throat. So I have to stay home again from school tomorrow. I am so bored it isn't funny. I can't stand not being allowed to go anywhere. We are having our TOPS open house tonight and I really wanted to go to see if we had a great turn out but I didn't think it would be very welcoming if I went and greeted possible new members and then gave them strep throat. Maybe I will be able to read a couple of my magazines that I let pile up and finish a library book too. But I can only stand doing that for so long. Since I got back into taking my diet and fitness serious again I have been very active and this no activity what's so ever is making me go insane.
Summer, hope you didn't get sick again. Sounds like you had a trying day yesterday. Hugs are going your way for a smooth week. How was your dd's cheerleading practice tonight?
Pam, sounds like you had an interesting day with your classes. Especially the young man who had detention and his friend ate the note. Let's hope he doesn't get any papercuts when it comes back out. I love going to the tanning bed to get a start on my tan for the year. I went two years ago and loved it. It helped me not get so sunburned during the summer, since I am an Irish/Scottish lass with fair skin. But last summer with me going to classes, I just couldn't squeeze it in. So I just might get to this year. Don't beat yourself up over eating one slice of pizza. It could have been worse, like the whole pizza right!
Well I think I will go take another nap! Talk to you both later.
Kerry
KAR73 is offline   Reply With Quote