Support Groups - Weight Loss and Chit Chat #165

View Full Version : Weight Loss and Chit Chat #165

Mom2Gaby
02-02-2006, 03:36 PM
Welcome to Jaded Ladies
:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

Join us in our chit chat about weight loss and daily life celebrations!!!
:comp: :cofdate: :comp: :cofdate: :comp: :cofdate: :comp:

Mom2Gaby
02-02-2006, 03:42 PM
Ok, I am exhausted.

Chat tomorrow- hope you all have a good day!

jules1216
02-02-2006, 03:42 PM
Posted this only to find the chat moved--copy & paste is wonderful!! Hope the story still makes sense...hot guy in the maitenance dept at Susan's job...

My husband works in Plant Services--he is a machinist/mechanic and keeps all the presses and other machinery running. I work at the same place in a different department and started several months after he did. I was doing some overtime down in our shipping department trying to get more familiar with our products when two of the girls asked me if I get mad easy...I said not usually. Then they asked me if I was the jealous kind..I said sometimes. Then they wanted to make me promise that I wouldn't get mad if they told me something...I told them I couldn't promise before I knew what it was. Then they proceeded to tell me that the two of them had taken off to the beach (one was married, the other recently divorced) , while there they were playing the who would you be with if neither of you were married with the guys at work and my husband was the top of the charts. I laughed and told them that he was not as perfect at home as he was at work and that there were days that I would gladly give him to them. We all laughed and that was the end of it. Since them the divorced one has left and the married lady still calls my husband "Teddy Bear" because it makes him blush. My DH has shown his temper a few times in the 11 years that we have worked here and at 6'2', 240 lbs there are a few that walk away from him when he gets mad. The married lady says he is still the hottest!

Sorry I can't stay longer--it's break and I just got over the flu (missed two days work) too many individuals to catch up on.

Good luck to all of you with your job opportunity choices--In two years DH & I will have everything paid off and I would like to either go back to school for something different or get a job closer to home--hate driving the highway to and from work and he would like to start his own business!!

da fat n da furious
02-02-2006, 09:34 PM
Susan, you think we were living dangerously cause we were close to crashing? I have to tell you are special...you make me laugh. And I know you are going through some chitty stuff and yet your sense of humour is even more wicked then normal.

Jules,,,had some young girl tell me she thought my husband was hot,,had a great chest and so on. Would of been ok if she hadn't gone and told him that too...geeh it was hard living with him after that...lol

Anyways as I was saying about sense of humour. When Im nervous I tend to think up crazy things and laugh uncontrolably...as in yesterday. Nurse is sitting there telling me that I should of had my blood taken months ago so that when I needed a blood transfusion I would be able to use my own...hmmm this is the same woman who made me step on the scale in the weighting room and loudly tell everyone my weight,,,,yes this is the same woman who asked me loudly if my birthdate was right which she then said out loud. *sigh I think in the court of law I could of gotten away with the murder wrap. Anyways my blood pressure was up...hmmm I wonder why.
So this lil (guy who will put me to sleep) guy comes in to the room,,,swear Tanner is bigger then him. I stood up next to him and his eyes were level with my chest,,,I couldn't even get mad at him for looking there,,,his neck must hurt. Anyways he told him that he would but an IV in and once I was asleep he would put a tube down my throat. Well I start laughing,,,and told him that would work better then them trying to put the tube down my throat before I was asleep,,someone would definetly get hurt. Im laughing till almost tears and hes just looking at me... no smile. ahemmm ok

Some people just don't have a sense of ha ha ....

da fat n da furious
02-02-2006, 09:39 PM
ph ya did i mention to you all how much of a wimp I am at scary movies? I can say I haven't been to a scary movie in 20 years.
so today one of my favorite cast members called to ask if I wanted to use up her free movie passes to this one movie...SURE! ya well after she tells me what its for,,,ummm Anyone remember that scary movie called WHEN A STRANGER CALLS? well itss baaack! and Im going to it tonight cause she made fun of me till I said yes....I guess I won't be sleeping for awhile.
I have to go back to Sylvan Saturday, One of our family friends passed away a couple days ago. Very sad. Tanner was upset,,,as he said it,,,Bobby and I were tight. I personally think Bobby is in a better place,,,he was suffering terribly, so Im going ther to celebrate his life.

Allensmom23
02-02-2006, 10:07 PM
I've been so busy these past few days . . . sorry for neglecting you all! We're in the process of packing here . . . we're moving! Yay! Can't wait!
Julie- I've had friends tell me that my husband is "hot", It only bothers me when they keep on saying it! One of my friends tells me all the time that hes so hott . . . so good looking . . . Um? Yeah, and he's mine! Back off Girly!
Allen crawled backwards today! He'll be on the move soon!

tommysgirl18
02-03-2006, 02:25 AM
just popping in here quickly.

we are going down state this weekend, so I will try to check back in before we leave, if not, then on Sunday. I haven't stepped on the scale since last week, but I took my measurements, and I have lost three inches in my waiste! And I no longer have my HUGE tire around my belly. It now looks just like a pouch, like it did before I was pregnant with Brandon.

Marti
02-03-2006, 07:49 AM
Hello girls!

All this talk about "hot" hubby's....I think it's time for some pictures!!:D

Now, I can't remember who said what in the last thread, so I"m just going to reply to the ones on this one. (sorry)

Jules--I find it bizarre when women ask such crazy questions like that. But it's good that it wasn't so bad and that you all laughed about it. I've had girls at work (when James & I used to work together) who always commented on his arms. They always wanted to touch his biceps. And I always encouraged it....I was proud of those biceps (which belong to me by the way!):D

Angie--I had to laugh at your post! Your lil guy was probably still mesmerized by your girls to even laugh w/you!;) I would have laughed w/ya...others laughing is contagious, even if I don't get whats going on!:o

Mel--Where you moving to?? Are you moving far? Well keep us updated when you're settled in. Glad it's something you're excited about.

Mindee--Come back when you can. Just remember that they are doing a server change over the weekend, so you may have a hard time getting in.

Hello to everyone else!!

One more day of this week and it's over! I'm so glad that it's finally here. Been busy. Today was actually a good day. Went home earlier than usual but later than my normal! Crazy I tell ya.
Saturday I'm suppose to meet up w/a friend for coffee in the morning....I told her it will have to be in the afternoon instead, I don't even get up early anymore. (sucks)

My plans are to get to the next room of "Clean Sweep" the dreaded office room. I want to throw away so much crap and take a bunch to goodwill. Why have stuff you don't use?? Anyone watch Dr. Phil the other day? It was about hoarders. I just about called into work to just to clean my house!! Shocking! And whats sad it that I've known people just like that.

Ok...time for me to get some sleep.

Have a great Friday!

jules1216
02-03-2006, 09:10 AM
Angie--I like the idea of celebrating a person's life.
I grew up on horror movies. When I was a kid at the babysitters, there was a thing after the soaps called Money Movie 7, and they would do a different theme each week. The only times we were allowed to take our supper and go watch were Elvis weeks, short holiday weeks when they showed the few Beatles movies and the horror weeks because those were the ones Ruby (the babysitter) couldn't miss.
Mel--I could tell you a few stories about when attention to my hubby got the best of me and a few other funny ones about the things some people will say that just make you stare at them with no comment...as I have said before--treasure the moments with Allen--they grow up way too fast!!
Mindee--way to go with the 3 inches!!!
Marti--I was really insecure after I gained so much weight after my daughter and these skinny girls were hitting on him, but then I realized the kind of person he is...not to say that even after 20 years I don't make it be known that a female needs to back off. I am doing the clean sweep too--for me it's the empty nesting since the kids have left. We have one small room where I put in metal shelves and have boxed up alot of things--each of my kids have a container with old papers, report cards, awards & art projects from school I have also gone through my closet and sent alot of stuff to Goodwill and am slowly buying more flattering things according to the "What Not to Wear" rules--I love the BBC version!! It's amazing how much stuff we collect over the years. My mother is a pack rat, but even she is going through stuff now that she is retired. My brother has never married and lives with her. She says she doesn't want us to have to go through everything. I am taking a couple days vacation in April to go down and go through my old stuff. My son has laid claim on my old books and records.

cjdodson
02-03-2006, 11:07 AM
Hi ladies,

It's been a horrible week. Late Mon. night I had to admit my husband to a local mental health hospital. The last few weeks have been bad for him & he finally had a "melt-down". There wasn't a bed available at the first centerj, so we had to go to a different one another 20 miles away. By the time I got home it was 3:30 AM & DD was bringing Chloe at 4:30 AM. (She had to work overtime this week before her shift started) I wasn't too "with it" at work that day & then drove to the hospital. He wasn't doing good at all, so that was even more stressful. :tired:

Each day has gotten a little bit better. At this facility, which is new and really nice, his psychiatrist is the attending physician. So she is able to keep a close eye on him. He is getting dismissed tomorrow morning, I hope it's not too soon. There are a few other patients there who are client's at the agency where I work so it's like "old home week" when I visit. I have to call the insurance dept. because there is a problem since we had to go to a different county. Always red tape. :?:

Unfortunately, I really pigged out yesterday. I'm definately an emotional, stress eater. DUH!!

My supervisor insisted I take yesterday and part of today off because I'm totally exhausted. She is a very caring person. I didn't argue. So I will go into work about 2PM today until 5 PM and then drive to the hospital for evening visitations. Then it is about a 40 mi. drive back to our house. I'm not sure what time I have to be there in the morning to pick him up but I guarantee you I'm not setting my alarm clock!!

RosieKate: Re: the duct tape & diapers. All of us have used tape on a diaper. At a local day care center here there is a BIG scandal right now because a worker used duct tape on a diaper & a small portion stuck to the baby's skin. The parents went ballistic & took the baby to the ER. The worker was fired, the daycare center might be closed down. They are talking charges of abuse, neglect, etc. Talk about being blown out of preportion!!! It is soooo stupid!

Well I hope the next time I post I have happier news.

Connie

da fat n da furious
02-03-2006, 12:38 PM
Holy Smokes!! I just had my phone interview and I swear I was aging..45 minutes of pain. BUT I have another interview with her next week. I even told her about my surgery and she didn't seem to be worried about that.

The movie wasn't as bad as I thought it would be...not that Im gonna stand in line for the next scary show. Brokeback Mountain is on my agenda.

Connie,,,you need to take care of you too...Im sorry things with your DH are as they are. Its good that you have a caring boss...that does go a long way.

have to make this quick,,,off to SAIT open house...need to refresh my computer skills.

FrouFrou
02-03-2006, 01:20 PM
Morning ladies...

Nothing much to say...again, same old, same old...have lots of laundry to get done today and some cleaning. Then when V gets home we are going to look at a house. Turned down the one job, hoping I get a call back for the other. If not, oh well. Not a big loss and I am sure there will be another around the corner sometime.

CONNIE...(((((HUGS))))) to you sweetie. :hug: :grouphug: I can't even begin to imagine what you are going through, but know it must be tough.

MINDEE...I like your new avatar! I keep looking for a new one but haven't/can't find the one I am looking for. Not sure what it is, but when I find it I will know.

MEL...happy moving!

Hi to everyone else! :wave:

Take care and have a GREAT weekend!

Mom2Gaby
02-03-2006, 05:01 PM
Yikes,heading out to the other complex.

Very sweet of you to think I am special Angie, so sweet.

Didn't walk last night - fell asleep at 7am and woke up late. I guess this means I am just old. Dang- use to whip out those 3 miles before. Now I have to rest in between........never going to make my 100 miles this way.

Where is Ma???? She totally HAS to post.....I feel so lost without her. waaaaaa...............means I have hidden issues with wanting to go back in the womb or something. lol

I am going to go, these residents are pissing me off!!! Like , I am here to work or some darn thing - lol

yikes

Marti
02-03-2006, 05:46 PM
Hello girls--

Jules--I'm really looking forward to getting rid of a lot of stuff in our rooms! I think I will feel so much better too. When you walk into a cluttered room, you start to feel some kind of anxiety, or at least I do. And I want to stop it before it gets worse. I love the BBC version of "What not to wear" Those girls are great. I've been trying to do the same, buy for my body type which is: Short and Stout....anyone want to tip me over??? :D

Connie--My goodness! So much going on w/you. Hugs to you.:hug: Just know we are hear if you need someone to "lean" on or just need to "talk"! :hug:

Cristi--What job did you interview for?? Good luck, I hope you get it!

Susan--You funny girl....work while on the job?? For goodness sakes, they sure expect a lot of you don't they!:D

Ok....I have some things I need to take care of before work. It's friday and I'm really happy about that! Two days off!!

Talk w/you all next time

Jane
02-03-2006, 09:29 PM
Hiya ladies,

Just stopped in to say Hello and that I will be here tomorrow. Neal and I rented the movie Wedding Crashers, and he's ready, so I gotta go....

Toodles!! :wave:

Jane
02-03-2006, 09:37 PM
A quick reminder, ladies.... the boards will be closed down for some updates/repairs at midnight tonight. No Susan, we won't crash!! :hug: See you all when we're back up, which hopefully will not be too long.

eloisecat
02-03-2006, 11:03 PM
Connie:
I don't really know you, but I do know that with what you're going through, a little emotional eating is probably a reasonable reaction. I hope your husband gets the help he needs, and I also hope that you get the support that you need to help him through this.

I'll be thinking of you...:goodvibes

RosieKate
02-04-2006, 12:29 AM
Wahoo - just filed my taxes online...the internet is a wonderful thing
Jane - I've heard the Wedding Crashers is really funny, so report back ya hear?

Ohhh - I drank wine while doing my taxes....not sure that was advisable.... but hey we got a refund! And I'm pretty sure I punched in all the right numbers

OK - off to watch this PBS thing my DH taped for me. Several prominent African-Americans explore thier heritage. Oprah, Chris Tucker, Quincy Jones.... I started watching it the other night and it was so good, but on too late for me. They interview these people, then take them back generation by generation as much as they can. African Americans don't have the same documentation that northern Europeans have because the slave trade didn't keep records. The Oprah interview I caught part of was raw. She has overcome alot...and she goes into detail....

Anyway...i digress

Hope y'all are having a good evening and hope the weekend is a good one. I'll be gone most of tomorrow with DS to a chess tournament. I'll try to check in and post on Sunday sometime.
Til then.....

Marti
02-05-2006, 05:14 PM
Hello girls!!

First day of not having a headache in three days!! And the sun is out! It's almost as though the weather was indication of how I'm feeling! Crazy.

I really need to get to town and get some errands done. So I shall check back in later on today.

Just wanted to say Hello and we're back on!!

Mom2Gaby
02-05-2006, 05:36 PM
Good Super Bowl Sunday! 27 Billion calories eaten today. Lets make sure JL get their share - lol - wow that is a lot of pizza and beer.
yum.......

EDITED for food update:
Had a plate of fries
1 beer
and piece bar-b-q rib

{{{{Connie}}}} Wishing you the best and your husband. I hope you are both hanging in there today. Many prayers for you , I am glad you have such a nice supervisor :)

Katy - drinking and doing your taxes eh?? lol omg- it was so boring with the site down yesterday that I joined a Bachelor yahoo group. Gossip is the Dr. and Teacher have been seen at the gym down in Nashville. who knows if that is true or not but I can hope. Think she is the perfect choice.

Walking and down a pound! Thank goodness. Watching the super bowl and relaxing today. Beautiful out here in Oregon .

Chat later

Jane
02-05-2006, 09:40 PM
Hey ladies, :wave:

Just another quick hello. I'm watching the super bowl with Neal. Well, he's watching the game, I'm watching the commercials, lol. Plus, I got to see The Rolling Stones at 1/2 time. Woo Hoo. Boy, they are really OLD, though, lol. Not me... I'm the same fresh-faced 14 year old as when I first saw them on TV, lol.

Have a good one!

RosieKate
02-05-2006, 10:32 PM
Ok- Susan I'm going to have to check out that yahoo group. I lurk on a Bachelor thread over at Survivor Sucks (they have an area for other shows) and it is HI-larious! Sometimes i think it's the only reason why I watch the show.

The more I think about it the more I think you're right. The editing is totally steering away from her which means, of course , that she wins. :)

Everyone here is rooting for the Seahawks, being the Pacific Northwest and all, but there's an Oregon kid on the Steelers team...I mean...where's the love, folks?

Ok - back to the game

Mom2Gaby
02-05-2006, 11:17 PM
Mick is HOT Jane - face of a prune but body of a 20 year old *sigh......what a combo.

5 beers
chips
and some more prime rib - yummy.

I geeel bloated and druskj'

lol jk

Anyway, check out the Yahoo group Katy. bunch of nice ladies. The ABC is nasty people.

k - going to get Gabster to bed and get myself to bed and back on track tomorrow. Go Seahawks!!!!!

My fave commercial were the beer ones with the bears and the guy grabs the beer and runs - leaving his friend behind.....hahaha - what a friend - geez.

Night

Marti
02-05-2006, 11:21 PM
Severe headache taking control...........:headache:

But I'm going to try my best and do some individuals here!

Katy--I think doing taxes while drinking wine has GOT to be the only way to go!:hat: We haven't even received James paper work yet, so we can't touch our taxes until we do. We also have to find an accountant through the RR since he has so many deductables and stuff like that. We're pretty much tax illiterates here!:lol:

Susan--Was this not a gorgeous day for Oregon or what?! I got my errands done only to come home and lay on the couch because my head was throbbing. BBQ ribs sound soooooo good! I haven't had any in like, forever! Can I come over?

Jane--You crack me up! The rolling stones have always looked old to me! They were never a young looking bunch. Too much partying I suppose. I've turned the channel to the game only once today to see who was ahead. It was the 3rd quarter and now I can't even remember who was!

Hello to everyone else out there!:wave:

Ok, I really need to get back to my little house on the prairie show.:D I'm hoping the blasted headache will ease up some soon.

Hugs to all!

eloisecat
02-05-2006, 11:25 PM
I liked the insurance commercials (don't judge was the theme), particularly the one on the airplane.

DH begged me to make Chex Mix, which is a danger food for me. I not only made it, I managed to avoid eating more than a tiny handful. :carrot: I made lots of cut veggies and low-cal dip. I pretty much just stayed out of the room with the TV and snacks.

Feeling good about avoiding the Chex Mix (but boy, was it HARD...I love that stuff). I think I was mostly motivated by the jeans I was able to FINALLY wear today. Up until a few weeks ago, I could zip them (lying flat on my bed) but then I couldn't walk or breathe. Today I could zip them (with some effort...) and was able to wear them semi-comfortably. Another 3 lbs or so and they'll really fit and that made it worth it not to eat the Chex Mix.:strong:

Marti
02-05-2006, 11:29 PM
Nancy--Must have been posting the same time. Good for you for taking control and not helping yourself to more of the chex mix!:carrot: And the veggies being there was also a smart idea! Jeans are always a great motivator!! And you know it will be worth it all once you fit in them comfortably.

Ok....now like I've been meaning to do....lay on the couch!

da fat n da furious
02-06-2006, 12:33 AM
Superbowl? thats football right?

I like football but I like sitting in the stands screaming my face off....so who won?

Marti,,,how long have you been getting headaches? is TOM around the corner,,,do you get them before then? (I get nasty headahces /migrains 3 days before)
Have you taken anything Advil migraine gels? works..
Susan,,,put down the beer! and Rib!
Nancy,,,what a smart woman,,,how a pair of jeans saved you!
I don't know,,,I think Mick is much too skinny,,,him and Aerosmith..Steven Tyler...
I have been working on a lil bit of this and that all day...learned to burn a cd...for whatever reason I was asked that during my interview the other morning,,,I had done ONE long time ago so figured I better refresh myself. More then half way done with the lamp shade. Gold thread,,,bronz beads,,,and gold dangly trim...yup my shade is going to be gaudy! Gotta love it.
Funeral was wonderful yesterday,,,had a good talk with the oldest daughter,,, and the widow made me laugh,,in a sad way. Married 52 years,,,highschool sweethearts. She was mad at Bobby for leaving without saying goodbye,,,and when she meets up with him she was going to be giving him a piece of her mind...ahh Chatted with my cousins,,,had dinner with my parents and then came home.

Anyone do yoga? Been told its as good as a good weight training. Will look into that... right now did some surfing of the colleges about doing some computer courses,,,again if i want a better job I need to refresh everything,,,dang if I hadn't forgetten everything...*sigh

well off to finish reading my book...

luckycharm
02-06-2006, 01:16 AM
Hi everyone.

Everything is finally back under control here. Got a new (used car) for going back and forth to town in. It is the cutest little geo metro. Have been out teaching the DD how to drive a standard. Gets 55 mpg and only costs $20.00 to fill it up.

Marti (((hugs))) and hope that the headaches stop. Did you have so many before you moved into the new work building?

Connie (((hugs))) to you also. Hope that your hubby is doing better. Will they phone you if they feel he is not ready to come home yet?

Angie when is it that you have your surgery? Next time you see that nurse can you just accidentally step on her foot or something? (((hugs))) to you and I am glad that you are ok, after the funeral. Always such a sad time.

Nancy WTG on the jeans. That is totally wonderful. I have a pair of pants and a top that my mother got for me for motivation. Can't wait to get into them.

Susan WTG on your pound also. Now because of your fries today, no processed cheese for you tomorrow. :lol: Well ok you can have the cheese, you just have to walk a little more to take care of it.

Mindee that is great that you are doing really well also. Amazing the workout one gets when they chase little ones.

Cristi, good luck on getting the job that you want. If only someone could invent some sort of robotical laundry our lives would be so much easier.

Jane how did you like the movie? We rented it, but I fell asleep before I had a chance to watch it. My children however really liked it.

Katy wow is it a daycare near you that is going through this scandal? The parents will probably sue and end up with a fortune over something like that.
I have never watched the bachelor.

Mel, where are you moving to?

OK I'm sorry if I forgot anyone.

Must run as DH just asked if I would give him a haircut. Good thing that Sister Act is on so that I can watch that as I am doing that.

Hope that you all have a great Monday. Will Chat later.

Kathy

suetalks
02-06-2006, 02:51 AM
I promised I would be back and I tried, I really tried. I have been having computer "issues" for days. For some reason my server keeps hanging up...yes, I have the dreaded dial-up and it stinks! Sometimes I will have a long e-mail or post written and then it just dis-connects and I lose my work. Grrrrr!
SO I am going to send this real quick....

suetalks
02-06-2006, 02:57 AM
Okay, that worked, so maybe I can really do this tonight.
My eating has been really going well since I was sick. I have been eating lots of fruit and veggies. Little meat and bread. We even got in nice long walks for two days, which felt really, really good.
The house plans are under way and we are heading home way earlier than normal to get started. End of the month to be exact....as opposed to April. Egads! I am going to have to start cooking sooner than I usually do.

RosieKate
02-06-2006, 09:40 AM
I weighed at 179 - down 1 pound so far for February...gonna keep hammering away at this plateau....

Angie - I've practiced yoga off and on over the years, and recently started it up again on Sunday afternoons. I would say that it does have some strength elements to it..and yoga abdominals are the best ones around. I don't know that I would rely on it solely for weight resistance, but rather a nice addition to a routine. Yoga is a great mind-body-spirit workout, but I need more cardio and weights.

Marti - I started using Turbotax last year when I had a pension rollover and a Roth conversion( lotsa eye-rolling) I highly recommend it.

Sue - great news on the house - and the walking :)

Kathy - the new car sounds cute. No day care scandals here...maybe when I read the paper this morning...who knows. Round here yesterday it was all Superbowl stuff. Maybe it was one of the other Ks - there are so many of us

BBL - time to go to the gym!
Katy

Allensmom23
02-06-2006, 10:06 AM
Hi all! I've been realy busy this past week . . .we're moving so I've been packing like a mad woman!
Check out my ticker! I'm down to 171! I've lost a total of 20lbs now! YAY!
I added another cheerleader! Wooohoooo!
Was anybody else totally disapointed with the super bowl comercials? That's my favorite part! I don't like football, but I always watch the commercials. My favorite was the horses playing football and the naked sheep doing the little dance. That was funny!
Hoping to get the gym today, the weather has been nasty, so driving was not favored the past few days.
I'm off to clean! Allen's got a playgroup coming over today . . . 6 babies coming over to play!

FrouFrou
02-06-2006, 01:04 PM
Morning ladies...

Tried getting on here yesterday and got as far as signing in...same old issues, server is busy, blah, blah. Then the pages wouldn't come up so gave up. Couldn't even sign out. Still a little goofy this morning, and the bold, color, smilies, and such is not working. Have some of the smilies memorized but don't feel like typing in the [B] for bold and the [COLOR] stuff. Anyway...have lots of cleaning to do. Realtor is coming over to do an evaluation of the house, so the house has to be clean! Josh is off to Honolulu today. :cry: :( But I did get to talk to him all weekend and this morning, so, happy about that. He got his leave, but on Friday so would have been a lot of money and time for him to come home just for two days. Would have been more than $1000 to get home and back. They wouldn't fly him out of Wichita he would have had to go back to Columbus just to fly out of there back to Atlanta. The government is so dumb sometimes I swear. But, they would have flown him out of Los Angeles but he would have had to pay for the ticket to LA. So he stayed in a hotel and him and a buddy had a good weekend. His buddy had to be back on base this morning at 6 so went back last night, but will be headed to HI not long after he gets there. Anyway, he's flying out of Columbus to Atlanta and supposedly straight to Honolulu from there- a 9 hour flight! :yikes:

MARTI...hope the headaches are gone!

KATY...WTG on the loss!

SUE...bet you guys are excited about getting the house started early!

JANE...like Marti, I too thought Mick Jagger has always looked old, even when he was young! Did you and Neal like Wedding Crashers? DD and I saw it at the show and thought it was funny.

ANGIE...never have done yoga. Ditto about Mick Jagger and Steven Tyler-soooo skinnnny and quite ugly I might add! :yikes: I saw Mick Jagger on some talk show and they asked him if singing at the superbowl had always been a dream, he said, umm, no! LOL

KATHY...thanks! I didn't get the job though, unless of course she decides to call this week. But that's okay. I always look at it as it wasn't meant to be and another will come around, hopefully! CONGRAT'S on the car! Wow, 50 mpg is GREAT!

NANCY...great on passing up the chex mix! For some reason I didn't think it was so bad.

MEL...you sound excited about moving. I look forward to moving, but not the actual moving part! :lol: That in itself is a work out!

SUSAN...WTG on your loss also! :bravo: Pizza sounded so good yesterday. I keep seeing that commercial for Pizza Hut's popper pizza, whatever it was. It looked sooo good!

Hi to everyone else! :wave:

I didn't watch the superbowl. Not a fan of either team. Actually, not much of a fan of football anymore. But will catch a game once in a while when my favorite teams are playing, the Broncos, Rams, Raiders & 49'ers. Other than that don't watch much. Steelers are okay but not a fav. I actually did nothing all day. Should have done some cleaning yesterday but Sunday is my lazy day, and well, I was lazy. Had breakfast in bed and read the newspaper and watched t.v. I bought the WATP book again and am starting that today, which is a good thing because I was a big piggy this week and gained 3 pounds or so the scales say. Not sure how I could even though I hate the wrong foods this past week-three pounds is a lot. However, I did exercise most of the week and got my water and vitamins down so that has to count for something. But time to get down to business and get back on track-no more gains. :nono: Well, I've got some cleaning to do. Of course it shouldn't take a couple of hours. And lots of laundry, not sure how it piled up so because I just did it Saturday. Anyway, I am off...take care and have a good one ladies. Crossing my fingers this post goes through, but copying it just in case. :crossed:

Jane
02-06-2006, 02:45 PM
Hi ladies,

Too many posts to try and catch up, but a big hello to you all. Neal and I are getting ready to head to town, then I've got a friend coming over this evening while Neal bowls, so I'll be busy.

Yep, the Stones were never your fresh, Joe College group, lol, but dang, they were good! And still are, considering their ages. I liked the rebel factor in them. Betcha anything Mick can't even move today without a 1/2 tube of Ben Gay, lol. :D

Toodles! :cool:

Marti
02-06-2006, 03:35 PM
Hello Ladies--

Another beautiful day in Oregon. Suppose to have sunshine the rest of the week.........we shall see! I may have to talk my hubby into mowing our lawn tomorrow if it is nice. Looking pretty shabby back there!

Angie--I've done yoga, and pilates. Like them both. In fact, I found some of our yoga books and my pilates tapes while cleaning the other day. You should at least try it, and see if you like it. Low impact and easy on the body.

Kathy--I've had headaches before the move. It's more like what Angie suggested,with TOM being here, I always get them. Really bad. That or I have a really bad tooth acting up. Who knows. I hope you got your DH hair cut! Didn't laugh too much while cutting did you?? (My sister always does when she does my hair...always worries me)

Sue--How exciting about the house. What are your plans for it?? And you're still doing great on your walking!!

Katy--The last few month of working at Sony we worked on Turbo tax. I was so tired of looking at the name that it drove me nuts and I didn't want to even think of doing my taxes!:dizzy: But then in April Sony closed. What I wouldn't give to be griping about packaging them up again!!

Mel--I hope you have the 6 mothers that belong to the 6 babies coming over too! My goodness!:D Hurray on the 20lbs loss so far!! You're going to reach your goal soon I'm sure of it!

Cristi--I didn't watch the game either. In fact, I did a lot of nothing once I got back home from town! Every once in awhile I would paint on my project I have wheeling around in my head. But that's it. Laid on the couch w/my dogs and watched Little House on the Prairie.

Jane--Hope you have a great time w/your friend. Come back when you have more time.

Ok...time for me to take a shower. And then spoil the dogs. Our boy is going to the vet on Thursday to get his teeth cleaned (some need to be pulled) and to get fixed! The poor boy will be aching from head to toe!! Poor baby...he needs extra attention for all that.

Talk to you all later!

Mom2Gaby
02-06-2006, 03:48 PM
Good Morning -

I meant Mick IS cute. I wasn't meaning his prune face and good body were a turn off or anything. Actually in thinking about it I commend him for not having face surgery and looking his age. I saw Kenny Rodgers and he totally looks odd, maybe dentures??? Dunno

So, I gained an easy 5.5 pounds. Amazing huh?? lol woo hoo. I don't think I had 5 beers though , I think it was 4.

I better get.I had an extremely stressful AM with Rach. Just ready to go back to being an ASM - don't know if this is worth it. I am not even getting ahead - you would think but not if I have to shell out of rent & utilities. Almost the same.

blah - blah

catch you all later...

eloisecat
02-06-2006, 09:40 PM
I seem to have lost my signature and weight-loss tracker...anyone have an idea where they went?? My User CP says my signature is turned on...oh wait, now it's back...oh well...:o

Happy Monday!!:cool:

Allensmom23
02-07-2006, 12:42 AM
Mick Jagger? EEW! He's not cute! (ok, that's my opinion)
Marti- lol . . . yes the moms came too! Can you imagine trying to keep an eye on 6 bsbies? Yikes!
On the whole moving excitement: We live in Green bay's #2 worst neighborhood. (which I didn't know when we moved here) There are shootings, stabbings, fights, drug busts .. . . It's really scarey! So we found a place in the neighborhood that I grew up in, which is SOOOOO much better! And this place that we live in now is seriously a pile! It took us 2 months after we moved in to clean the house b/c it was coated in mold, dirt, kitty litter, and the whole back yard was filled with doggy poo! Our landlord is a total dufus, so anytime we needed to fix anything we paid for it and then just sent him the reciept and deducted it from our rent. Like the bathroom floor that was totally rotted and sinking in . . .

da fat n da furious
02-07-2006, 01:15 AM
Good evening Ladies,
Mel, eww that had to be unsafe,,,unhealthy,,,mold is really bad. When Brandon was born we were living in the old house but our landlords were fantastic. They were like grandma and grandpa,,,spoiled Brandon big time. Really wished we could of just bought the house from them but...we didn't have the money.

Nancy,,,it happens...it will come back,,awhile ago you should of seen Susan,,wow it was hilarous how she was in an uproar over her siggy.

Well went and saw Brokeback Mountain...it was good. And now here is my plug. The scenery is actually where we live,,,That is Calgary area.... So is Legends of the Fall. And a few other westerns. Legend of Jesse James is also shot around here. Very proud of how beautiful it is here.
Well had two job interviews today,,,one at my work and was turned down. Which I kinda knew since I know nothing about HR. She was good though,,,she asked if she could help me achieve my goal. Well ya get me a friggen full time job with great benefits! Added up our dental and its going to be about 10 grand...*gulp. Seriously I don't want to pay out of pocket.
So then right after work I took off to the other interview...*whimper I want that job! I wouldn't be just a receptionist,,,I would also be customer relations. In other words a lil bit of everything... The pay is outstanding,,,and the benefits are beyond anything. They have a bridge, (cafeteria) AND they have a state of the art gym...$10 a month,,,*bursting so Ladies please cross everything you can for me.
They said they have about a dozen more interviewees...hmmm then the one interviewer is out of town for a week...I will find out end of next week perhaps...
well off to bed I go...

suetalks
02-07-2006, 02:42 AM
Angie, good luck...hope you get the job.
Mel, Hope the move goes as you have planned. Sure sounds like a good move for you.
Cristi, So, you are looking at a new house? Planning to sell and move? I am not looking forward to moving, but sure want a new house. So, short of getting someone to move for me...I guess I will have to bite the bullet.
Marti, Hope your little guy comes throguh his ordeal okay. Poor baby!
Susan, If I had 4 beers I would be on the floor. I am SO not a drinker at all. Like you I didn't care about the football game.
Katy, Congrats on the 1 pound. I haven't weighed for awhile, but hope I am doing better this month.

We were pretty much stuck at home today due to our van getting worked on. I made use of the day by doing all the laundry AND ironing. Didn't have a lot of food in the house, but managed to make a meal this evening.

Yes, I am pretty excited about the house. Sounds like things are going to really get on a roll when we get home. I sure hope the weather cooperates with the builders plans. I am so ready for my DH to have a really nice big workshop to do his furniture making in. He is planning to make the bathroom vanities for the house and would make the kitchen cabinets but time won't permit. I just have to decide what I want......
Hope to get up early and walk tomorrow.

Sue

tommysgirl18
02-07-2006, 05:35 AM
we have been so busy! we went and saw Tommy's dad this past weekend. He is home now, so is my GMIL. Brandon slept for crap while we were down there. I totally went back to my old eating habits and screwed up what I have worked on for almost a month now. But I am back in the swing of things and getting back to where I need to be.

marbleflys
02-07-2006, 01:35 PM
Hi Everyone:

I'm new to the group (but not the website...you may have seen me around Depression and Red Balloon Challenge). My bio's up for viewing. Thanks Jane for the warm welcome.....

I guess you are all talking about the superbowl 1/2time show? OH MY, they certainly cleaned up the lyrics to "Start me Up"...I was chuckling....and don't you think that Mick looks much less wrinkled? I think he's had some work...by a very good plastics guy too, it looked like more than Botox...he used to look much older, JMHO.

Kenny Rogers looks very strange with his new face....

many of the old superstars seem to be selling themselves or the rights to their music lately...

Is there any particular format or topic you guys follow?

FrouFrou
02-07-2006, 01:35 PM
Hello ladies...

SUE...yes, we have decided after all to sell and buy a new house. We've been looking and have it down to two right now. Going to go look at them again and see if we can make a decision. We've got a few things to do to the house before we actually list it, you know, stage the house (I definitely watch too much HGTV!) so it will be a week before our realtor comes back and takes pictures and puts it online. The reason we decided to was because we are afraid of what will be built behind us. Our house backs up to a few acres, commercial property and all down the street they have started building. There was talk of a 3 story apartment building, which was turned down. They were told they could build a 2 story apartment building but on the upper price level. And then a YMCA...not something I want in my backyard. Of course it could be years before they actually do anything because the city is picky about what they want in this town, which is good.

MARTI...hey, I too am headed to the vet Thursday, for Ernie's shots and check-up. Your poor doggie, I feel for him. So, what project are you working on that needed painted? Can't recall if you mentioned it and I missed it.

MEL...I agree...Mick Jagger....EEEEEWWWWW! But then I have never been a fan. Some of their songs are okay but never could stand to look at him. Glad you guys found some place in a safer neighborhood.

ANGIE...okay, so I have EVERYTHING crossed for you in the hopes you get the job! And believe me, it looks funny! LOL :lol: :crossed: Job hunting totally sucks! For me anyway....I get all excited when I get an interview and then don't get hired. :(

SUSAN...I too would be drunk after one beer! :lol: The kids laugh at me when I have one drink because I get tipsy. I'm not a drinker at all but do have one once in a while. Not beer, but maybe a glass of wine, champagne or a margarita. Geez, on New Years Eve I had one wine cooler and that was enough for me. Still have two left in the fridge, (V had one also).

MINDEE...glad to hear FIL and GMIL are home and hope feeling better. Seems like a few of us went overboard with the eating over the weekend. :) That's okay because today is a new day!

NANCY...I haven't noticed the siggy being gone. But I have been having the same old problems as before when they changed new servers before. Actually, it's worse this time, nothing seems to be working properly and I keep getting the server is busy stuff. I'm thinking though they are still working out the kinks, :dunno: and it will be better in a few days.

JANE...hope you and Neal have a nice day and you have a nice time later on with your friend. Have you heard from Katie lately? Hope she is doing fine. Hey, March will be here before ya know it. Isn't that when you guys are headed back down there?

Hi to everyone else, Kathy, Katy, MaryKate, Connie, Jules, and anyone I may have missed. :wave:

Well, ladies I have a busy week ahead. With trying to get the house listed in a week I have TONS to do! We are getting a storage unit and decluttering the house to make it look...um basically empty, sort of. To me a house looks impersonal without pictures and personal stuff. I don't look at houses to see what people have but rather if my stuff will fit in it and what I can do with it. But I guess some people don't see it that way. So I have closets to clean, we are cleaning the garage, so they can see that without the clutter, you can actually fit two cars in the garage, lol. Then I have to find someone to clean the carpets and we are good to go. Our realtor thinks we won't have a problem selling, and fast. Of course this area is a good area and the houses around here don't seem to stay on the market long at all. So we will see what happens. I will try and pop in though in between...I will need a break ya know. ;) Anyway, take care ladies and have a wonderful day! :wave:

FrouFrou
02-07-2006, 01:43 PM
Hi and a big WELCOME Marbleflys! :welcome: Glad to have ya aboard and look forward to getting to know you. As far as following a format or topic goes...we just talk about anything and everything! :) From our every day lives to our weight loss journey, exercising, etc. So feel free to jump right on in! Again, WELCOME!

marbleflys
02-07-2006, 01:58 PM
thanks Christi....my mouth runneth over...after I finish grading some exams....

Jane
02-07-2006, 02:22 PM
Hello ladies!!

Cristi - I think you're really smart to sell now before a lot of commercial buildings go up. My nephew and his family built a beautiful home on the edge of town, in a quiet cul-de-sac, and within 2 years, Walmart bought property 1/2 mile away and he's stuck with that traffic, etc. Katie calls everyday. Sometimes twice, lol. She's having a ball. It's 23 days until we go visit her.

Marti - aww, your dog will feel better once his teeth are cleaned, but sometimes it's traumatic for them. Even humans don't like that, lol. Is your headache gone? Hope so.

Kathy - congrats on the new car! Bet you'll love the great gas milage.

Katy - YAY for the loss! :cp: A loss is a loss, right?

Susan - it's a fact of life that teens will stress you out. Even the good ones. Just try to remember that this phase will pass, and that what doesn't kill you will make you stronger. :hug: <-- from me to you.

Nancy - I'm not sure what's going on with the tickers and signatures, either. But I do know there was a recent renovation, and the admins are still trying to work out all the bugs.

Mel - glad you got the place all fixed up. Sounds like it was asthma-city, lol. The house I'm living in now was the same way. Some of it still is, since we didn't take down any walls. Can't wait to move, which should be in about 2-3 months.

Angie - wow, I'll have to make sure I see the movie and pay special attention to the surroundings. Oh I hope you get the other job!!! If you're supposed to, you will. I'll keep you in my prayers, though.

Sue - sounds like your DH is great with wood. Neal likes to putter with it, but although he's a wonderful science professor, he's not all that great with woodworking.

Mindee - glad you and yours are all doing better.

Marble - as Cristi said, we don't follow any special topic. We try to comment on what the others are up to, then tell what's going on in our own lives. Sometimes my info is boring enough to put all the Jaded Ladies to sleep, lol.

I just found out that the wallpaper I ordered for the dining room has been discontinued, and this throws everything else off, since it coordinates with the living room border. Now I'm back to sqare one. Sheesh. Well, at least if I'm having problems, it's little ones like this.

My friend felt like she was getting a cold and didn't come over after all last night. I need to find something to get out of the house and do every Mondy while Neal bowls, lol.

Toodles!

Marti
02-07-2006, 06:16 PM
Afternoon Gals!!

Not a lot going on around here. I was awakened by the dogs barking like mad just before nine. Our landlord is selling the lot next to us and the land surverors were surveying the yard. I am sooooo not looking foward to when they start clearing the land and building. I'm a night shift worker....think I'm cranky now? Wait til this all starts!:D Actually, with the weather being so pretty and warm, it makes it easier to stay up.

Susan--Whenever I gain 5lbs like that, I just call them the imaginary lbs. Because the next day they could be gone. Too bad I can't call the 25lbs imaginary that I have to lose! I'm not a beer drinker, like wine better. 2 glasses and I'm good to go!

Mel--Glad to hear the mothers came too!:D We'd have to come over and help you recoup! Sounds like you made the right decision in moving. I'd hate to worry if I was going pee, that I may sink all the way to the ground!

Angie--Keeping the fingers crossed that get the job!! I love it when a company has a gym and you get a great discount! I will be going to the gym for the first time today. So looking forward to it. Two girls at work are going to join me....or rather, I'll join them since they've already started going. Want to lose some flab before summer vacation.

Sue--How wonderful that your husband will be putting personal touches to your home. I think that makes it more special! My grandpa did a lot of remodeling to this house and the idea of moving and leaving it is kind of sad...but since I have so much that he has built for me, I won't be sad for long. Now, to just find a house in our budget to buy!

Nancy--Just as Jane has mentioned, w/the new server they're still adjusting. Gotta work through all the quirks.

Cristi--I haven't really mentioned the project here. Just kind of came to me the other day. I keep getting these AOL disc in the mail in these cute cardboard containers. So I decided to paint them, then redocarate them w/scrapbook paper to dress them up and make them into little stationary holders. That's if I can get the idea in my head to actually work. I will keep you posted on that.

Jane--What colors have you decided on in the house?? Sorry to hear that your paper was discontinued. I'm sure you'll find an even better one. My headaches are still there, just not as intense anymore. Can't afford to not work, so I'm just plugging along through the work night.

Marbles--Hello and Welcome!!! So glad to have you join us! We have a similar challenge thread that Redballoon uses. In fact I had borrowed the idea from the support forum a long time ago. Feel free to join us there. I keep saying I'm going to start....have yet to do it! But I will! And just as everyone said...no format to follow, just babble on as we all do!:D

Hello to all the other gals out there!! Hope you're enjoying your Tuesday. How is the weather in your neighborhood???

Ok, I'm going to browse a bit and then do something w/my hair. Kind of looks like I stuck my finger in a light socket....I really should blow dry!

Take care!

da fat n da furious
02-07-2006, 11:43 PM
Hello All,
Welcome Marbles...

Ah thats too bad Jane,,,could you possibly paint instead? As in a boarder? 23 days and counting!

Cristi,,,lets hope for multiple offers!

Sue, my step dad did all our cupboards in our old house,,,bathroom vanity too. Really nice and added a great touch.

Marti,,,Skittles has been going nuts each morning with a school being built across the street from us, lots of works coming and going.

well Im off to finish that shade,,,and finish crochetting a scarf. I may have to ask one of you ladies to pick me up some crochet hooks,,,we use number system here and in the US you use letters,,,one of the ladies at work has letters,,,her hooks are so much nicer...lol I want them!

marbleflys
02-08-2006, 02:02 PM
Thanks again everyone......

I'm having one of *those* days, my stomach is rebelling against everything I put in it today (this may be a good thing)....the weather here has been so strange all season, it's very warm or it's very cold....I feel like death warmed over today, I couldn't get a flu shot (i was taking prednisone steroid for a bad case of Poison Ivy that wouldn't leave).....and the students seem to bring every bug known to man into my office....yuck!

since some of you seem to be selling/buying homes, does anyone know anything about slate flooring and radiant heat? TIA

oh...I didn't exercise today, except for walking the dog.

marbleflys
02-08-2006, 02:03 PM
Angie, could you order on-line?

FrouFrou
02-08-2006, 04:38 PM
Hello ladies...

MARTI...been there, done that! About the construction that is. Another reason I don't want to be here when they do decide what do build on the lot behind us. When they built those two houses across the street I wanted to strangle those guys. They have no respect for the people who live here. Actually, went through them building five houses on this little cul-de-sac when we moved here. So I feel for ya. Your project sounds fun, so crafty. I think you should change your e-mail address!

JANE...yeah, we are so afraid of what will go behind us. Of course like I said the city is picky about what they want there but at the same time they are building a hotel not 1/2 mile from us behind the residential area there. Guess when we found out about the possible apartments and YMCA? At closing! The realtor we had looked at me and mentioned/asked the builder about it. We didn't care for each other by that time. Anyway, we put it out of our minds and decided to stay a while back and then this hotel is going up and it has us a little worried. Anyway...sorry the paper was discontinued, bummer. Hopefully, you can find something else just as nice. Bet you are having fun deciding on how to decorate.

ANGIE...your skittles sounds like our ernie when the construction was going on. Geez, couldn't even open the door or hardly let him out. He would go nuts! Keeping my fingers crossed for multiple offers! :crossed:

MARBLE...sorry to hear you're not feeling so great. Hope you get better soon. I don't know much about slate (or the radiant heat), just that I've never been a fan of it. Do know a person who had wood floors put in their basement with the heated floors and they love it. Don't know how they do it or how it works exactly. It cuts down on the gas/electric bill but it was very costly to do.

Hi to everyone else :wave:

Busy day today, man. I like being busy, but hate running around so much. Had to go buy groceries, of course with it being Wally World Wednesday! Then had to go get a storage unit, ran to Hallmark to get some BD cards and a few candles. Realtor suggested burning candles when showing the house and my first thought was baking cookies. So I bought some cookie candles. Then had to run to the bookstore, pick-up lunch and drive by a couple of houses on the way back. We look online at houses and if we see something worth looking at I will go drive by it and check out the neighborhood and such before actually making an appt. to look at the inside. So I found one today that I really like. Have to wait until Friday to see it though. :( Plus we are going back to the other two that are at the top of our list to really check things out and measure the bedroom in the one. It says it's big, but it looks small to us so want to make sure if we go with that one that the furniture will actually fit. Anyway, I am pooped. Boiling potatoes and eggs to make some potato salad and then going to throw some ribs in the crock pot at three for dinner while we run our taxes to the tax man later. Haven't gotten to the laundry yet. Oh, well...there's always tomorrow.

Better get going. Take care ladies and have a great day! What's left of it! :)

Jane
02-08-2006, 07:20 PM
See you at Weight Loss and Chit Chat #166... :wave: