LA Weight Loss - Slim-Fast February!

View Full Version : Slim-Fast February!

Moi
02-02-2006, 10:11 AM
:welcome2:

You've come to the right place... this is discussion and support for the Slim-fast plan! February Edition! Our first official dedicated thread, we're all just starting this up! Everybody is welcome to join in!

Weigh-in is Sundays!:goodscale

Ok... start yer yakkin'! :gossip:

Hun.e.B
02-02-2006, 10:25 AM
Good Morning!!! Ready for a new day? I sure am! Had an excellent day yesterday, ate 1700 calories and did 2 workouts! YaY! My only slow spot is the water, its hard to drink alot when I'm sitting in classes all morning, but I'll work on it!

So I was thinking, maybe we should share some healthy superbowl snack ideas? I dont know about everyone else but we will be tuned in and the snacks will be plentiful. I dont want to totally blow it! anyone got some good ones?

Well I'm off to class! Have a fabulous day! I'll check back in this afternoon after I work out! Be good! We can do this!!

Moi
02-02-2006, 10:34 AM
My suggestion for a festive tv party snack is a big prettily displayed tray of cut up VEGGIES! Carrots, celery, broccoli, cauliflower, mushroom etc... with a nice spicey salsa dip... with Nacho chips to dip in the salsa for the non-dieters! I figure you can let loose for one day and scarf down a snack like that (sans nachos!) without worrying too much about blowing it. What do you think?

desertdreamer
02-02-2006, 01:51 PM
Hello everyone! Moi, thanks for starting the new thread for us!

I had a great day yesterday. Did 2 BL workouts and rode the bike for an hour. However, this morning I was doing my workout and I literally heard something pop in the front of my thigh. I was able to finish the workout minus the deep lunges, it didn't hurt then. Now, it hurts! lol And now I get the pain not only in the front of my thigh, but it wraps around to right below my hiney. Don't know what the heck I did!!! Waaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh!

Will not let my "injury" get me down tho!! No, it will still be a super week even if I have to tone down the exercise a bit for the remainder of the week. I refuse to give up!!!

Alright, well it's time to fetch the kids from school. Dontcha just love half days! lol I swear, they spend more time out of school than in. Seems like it anyways.

I will check in with you all later today! Be good!

Hun.e.B
02-02-2006, 04:15 PM
Its me again! Moi...I think you are so right about the nachos, we've come to love the baked doritos around here and the fresh salsa. I think I may even make some guacamole too, fatty but the good fat! Plus its all about moderation right!

The other thing I'll do is have whole wheat pita triangles with hummus. Then for the bad stuff we are doing wings and this pizza dip I make that you put on ritz crackers. I'll avoid it as best I can!

I'm not going to be too hard on myself though, I'll just be glad we are weighing in that morning before the game! LOL!

Dani...that injury doesnt sound too good. I would really watch it if I were you, I dunno about the front of the thigh but wrapping around like its a groin or hammy and those can take forever to heal if you dont do it right. Way to go on finishing up though...ya trooper! LOL! I sure hope its feeling better soon, we cant have you get derailed now that you are going so strong!

Where are the rest of the Slimfasters? come out come out wherever you are!!! Have a wonderful afternoon everyone!

Hun.e.B
02-03-2006, 10:58 AM
Oh I'm feeling lonely! Where did everyone go? I had another fantastic day yesterday! Got in all 3 of my workouts and stuck to plan eating wise!! I'm all ready for that weighin come Sunday!!

desertdreamer
02-03-2006, 12:43 PM
Hi Melissa. Sorry to leave ya here all alone, been a busy morning for me!
But here I am! :)

Congrat's on getting those workouts in lady. That scale won't know what hit it come Sunday! You are rockin!

I had a great yesterday too, besides hurting myself while working out of course. :lol: I laid down all day and night and woke up today to feeling a ton better. It barely hurts now at all. I am so relieved! So today is rest and then tomorrow I will probably just do the bike and weights..try to save the jumping and such until Monday.

Moi, where are ya girl? Hope everything's okay with you.

Guess it's you and me, Mel. At least for now.

Check in later.

Moi
02-03-2006, 01:39 PM
I was busy this morning too... doing my yoga workout! You know, I'm not sure but I think I find I eat better on days of yoga... the past couple days I tried something else instead and found it really hard to control my eating and I didn't do so well :mad: ... today I did some yoga and I already notice a difference. Maybe it's just coincidence, but I think I know what I need to!:smug:

I'm glad you're resting your sore leg Danielle and finding it to be of help! Phew.

desertdreamer
02-03-2006, 04:02 PM
Yoga, huh? That is something I am just not good at. I've tried doing it but I think I always do it wrong. :lol:

I have noticed a difference too when I exercise I don't feel as hungry (either that or it's my medication. lol) but no, seriously, I noticed that as well. I dunno why...Melissa is the nutrition expert, I'm sure she'll be able to tell us.
I just like it though, so I'm not questioning it too much! :D

Yes, the leg is so much better today, I'm pretty happy about this news. :p

Hun.e.B
02-03-2006, 10:59 PM
I had such a great day I had to come brag...I hope thats okay! LOL! I stuck to my plan like a champ today! I came up with the best dinner, last night we had this pork tenderloin thing and it turned out so yummy, well we had leftovers, so tonight I cut it into strips and sauteed it with some yellow peppers then put it in a whole wheat tortilla with lettuce and tomatoes...oh it was so YUM!!! I did so well today I get to have my hot fudge sundae..with sugarfree icecream mind you! That'll put me at 1600 calories so if I can stay up later I can have some smartpop with a movie!!

So thats not even the end of my great day! I rode the bike for the usual hour today and I was supposed to do my biggest loser workout #3 this afternoon, well I didnt do it. After dinner I was feeling so great and the house is all quiet so I popped in the DVD and did the workout!! YaY me!!

I hope everyone else had wonderful days too! Dani, so glad your leg is feeling better! Moi..way to go on skipping computer for exercise girl!! Now, as to why you dont get hungry afterwards, I'm gonna have to pull out my book to get you the specifics but it happens to alot of people. My husband cant eat for hours after he plays basketball. I've not really noticed it, but that could just be because of the times I workout.

Well, off to enjoy my night snack! I hope everyone has an excellent weekend! Keep up the good work!

Hun.e.B
02-05-2006, 12:27 PM
Dont forget Sunday Morning 2/5/06 weigh in!

I'm down 5.5 lbs this week!!! yay!!

desertdreamer
02-05-2006, 03:53 PM
Lost 2.5 pounds.

The best part..... I lost 4.5 inches! This means more to me than the pounds for sure! :)

GREAT job Melissa!!! I knew you'd have a fabulous first weigh in! :dance:

Moi
02-05-2006, 04:16 PM
You are both goddesses! (aw darn, I thought there'd be a bowing smilie!)

After 1 week I'm down 1 pound. 2nd half of the week didn't go as well as when I started, but I learned from it and hopefully next week will show another loss.

Angielynne
02-06-2006, 03:06 PM
Can I join too!!!??? I just started Slim Fast last week. I had weigh in today but I also aunt flo showed up yesterday, so I"m not counting it as a valid weight until next Monday.

What are some good dinner meals that you all have thought of so far??

Moi
02-06-2006, 03:39 PM
Absolutely! The more the merrier, welcome!

Hun.e.B
02-06-2006, 03:49 PM
WOOHOO Danielle....way to go on the 2.5 lb loss girl!!! Excellent work!

And Moi....you rock!!! Excellent work from you too!!

Way to go ladies, what a superb week!

Welcome Angie!! so great to have you join us!! Good idea staying off that scale while AF is around, you dont need that frustration! See I can tell you are smart already! LOL! Cant wait to hear more successes from you! Keep posting with us!

We have pretty normal dinners around our house, I just try to cut fat and calories where I can, or I avoid some things on my plate and substitute with something else. For instance, when I make spaghetti I use ground turkey in the meat sauce instead of ground beef. And if we have a noodle or rice side dish I skip it and have squash (which my family hates) or I'll have brown rice instead. Tonight we are having steak and baked potato but instead of putting sour cream and butter on mine I'll use salsa instead.

I hope you all are having a fantastic Monday! Recovering from the party yesterday? Stay strong!! Lets have a fantastic week!! We can do this!

Moi
02-06-2006, 05:14 PM
Yeah, I do the same, nothing special, regular meals but just try to make healthy changes and choices.

leighlee
02-06-2006, 09:50 PM
Hey everyone! I started slim-fast last wednesday, but my weigh-in days are on monday. I just wanted to say hello! I am excited about slim-fast. I love the taste and the convenience it provides while still letting me eat supper with my husband.

I'm so excited to be doing this! I went to the gym today with my husband AND I bought a Tae Bo DVD today!

I love this message board!:carrot:

elluvebug143
02-06-2006, 09:58 PM
Hello, I'm new on here. Been struggling all my life, lost and gained weight. Tired of everyone making fun of me and telling me that I'm a pretty girl but I need to lose a lot of weight. So I'm not only doing it for others I want to do it for myself!!!! Just started WW on my own. I have all the books. I'm 25 years old and I weight 170. My goal is to lose 35 LB. Any Advice?
Thank You

Hun.e.B
02-06-2006, 10:50 PM
Hi Leighlee!! So glad to see you post with us again! Thats the great thing about slimfast, you can still eat dinner with the family! LOL! I know thats why its worked so well for me in the past. There's nothing worse than having to make 2 different dinners. Keep up the good work!!

Hi elluvebug! I think the best advice I could give you is to start journalling if you dont already, and I dont just mean a food journal. Getting to know yourself and what you love about yourself is a huge key to success with weightloss. Another thing you've got to realize first off is that there is no quick fix. Its all about calorie in vs. calorie out. Eating less and moving more! I love the Slimfast plan because it gives me alot of structure. You've got to find whats going to work for you, if you love it you'll stick to it. Good luck to you!!

Okay, just had to do a little brag on myself! I was going to blow of exercise today because I've been so tired all day, but after a little chat with my very dear friend I got off my tush and did my biggest loser workout!! I feel so great for doing it! I stuck to plan excellently today, I'm even a bit low on calories so I'm going to have my hot fudge sundae with sugar free icecream as my snack! YUM! I'd say well earned after another fantastic day!! AF is on her way, but she's got nothing on me!!

I hope everyone had a beautiful day!! Stay strong! We can do this!!

2muchbackend
02-07-2006, 01:08 AM
Does anyone use the menu planner on slimfast.com? And do you do the meal combinations like eat something with the shake? I just started the plan have been on alot of diets so I wanted to give this a shot.

Hun.e.B
02-07-2006, 10:39 AM
Good Morning 2much!! I dont use the menu planner on Slimfast, just because I'm a bit of a picky eater and alot of the stuff I just dont like. But I did use it to give me some ideas for sure. And I follow the layout of it, I just put in the foods I prefer. so yes, I do the meal combinations. With my first shake I have a piece of fruit usually, but with my second shake I have either a sandwich, soup or a salad, or my favorite lately is to have english muffin pizzas. I end up with about 1700 calories at the end of the day.

I hope that helps some. Good luck to you with the plan! I hope you stick around and post with us!

Have a fantastic day everyone!!!

desertdreamer
02-07-2006, 01:05 PM
Don't have time right now to post personals, but wanted to make sure I stopped by this morning.

Wow!! It's great to see all the new faces around here! I do hope you ladies will stick around and post and have some fun with us! I wish you all the best on your journey. Support is huge in the success to weight loss, so I hope you all will be here to give & receive. :)

Have had a good week so far. Workout yesterday almost killed me! :lol:
Seriously, thought I was gonna die! Come to find out that I was doing the wrong one from the Biggest loser dvd...oops! Thank goodness that I don't have to do *that one* again for another 2 weeks. It was a killer.

Busy afternoon here but will make sure to get that workout in later. I'm on a streak, refuse to break it now!

I wish you all success and happiness today. Keep shining and remember you're worth every step. :hug:

Hun.e.B
02-07-2006, 06:31 PM
Howdy girls!! Just doing my afternoon check in! Just finished my biggest loser workout! Did my bike today too! What did you do today? Did you get up and get that tush a shakin? I hope so! You'll thank yourself for it later!

Eating has been great today! Water is a little light but thats just due to my schedule and lack of available potty breaks.

Alright off to PTA! Have a fantastic evening!!

desertdreamer
02-07-2006, 11:25 PM
Hiya ladies! How'd everyone do today? I had a great day and I feel spectacular!

Just finished a biggest loser workout and an hr. on my bike. I did it this time listening to my iPod and I gotta tell ya, I think I got a better workout. I biked like crazy and actually had alot of fun. Go figure, eh? :D

Melissa, you're rockin the exercise lady!! I cannot even wait til summer and your family sees how amazing you look! :high:

Everyone, yoo hoo, where'd ya all disappear to? I hope you had a great day on plan and will check in with us to tell us all about it!!

Have a great night, see ya in the a.m.!

Hun.e.B
02-08-2006, 05:35 PM
Hello lovely ladies!! Hows it going? Gotten all quiet here...whats up? Are you sticking to plan? Getting in that exercise? You can do it!! Dont give up on you!!

Dani...you rock as usual! I'm so very proud of how great you are doing!! Keep it up!!

Everyone else...come out come out whereever youare!!!

~melissa

Angielynne
02-08-2006, 11:21 PM
ugh..still here. Well, I've been working my butt off staying in calorie/on diet and exercising every day and my scale has not budged in 3 days! I'm a bit disappointed.

Hun.e.B
02-09-2006, 12:07 AM
Oh stay off that scale!! dont you know scales are for fish!! LOL! Once a week is all you need! Did you take your measurements? You dont lose inches and pounds at the same time so if you arent losing on the scale I bet you are losing inches! Thats the best measure, you can actually see yourself shrink then!! keep up the good work! I promise you are doing yourself good! You'll see the results, dont give up! You can do this!!!

2muchbackend
02-09-2006, 12:19 AM
I was doing good then I blew it today big time so back on the wagon tommorow!

Hun.e.B
02-09-2006, 10:27 AM
As long as you get right back up on the wagon!! Cant change the past, only the future!! You can do it!!! Have a fantastic day!! Stay strong and in control!! You deserve all the rewards you'll get!

desertdreamer
02-09-2006, 12:17 PM
Good Morning gang. Everyone ready for it to be the end of the week? I know I am! :carrot:

Angie, you are doing such great things for your body! And like Melissa said, stay off that nasty scale! You're more than a number, remember to think of other things beside what the scale says, how your clothes are fitting and more importantly how you feel physically & mentally. The weight will come off, I promise! :)

2muchbackend- Tomorrow's gone, today's a new day! Great job getting back up and keep on truckin! You can do this!

Gonna rest today, my 1 day off this week. Think it'll be good for the ole leg.
Hoping to kick it up the next coupla days before weigh in. AF is going to be making her grand appearance any time now and I'm feeling bloated and icky.
Not so sure I will like what I see on the scale on Sun! :shrug:

Have a great day ladies! Chins up, smiles on...we're worth it!

racegirl78
02-09-2006, 03:48 PM
Hi, I am not on the actual plan, but I do incorperate slim fast products in my eating plans. Like yesterday which was a "breakfast in the car" sorta day ;) I really like to have at least a package of shakes and a package of bars on hand all the time for "no brainer" eating.

Angielynne
02-09-2006, 03:56 PM
Thanks everyone for the support....

Today has been a rough day. DH and I got into a huge fight (we never fight either). He weighs about 348lbs and is 6ft tall. I've been worried about his weight for awhile. He said if I would pack his lunches for work, he would stick to a diet. He gve me some big ol speech about how he wants to be a new man and starting Jan 1st, he was going to start slim fasting/exercising etc... WELL...I get my credit card statement today and the man has been going through fast food for lunch everyday...some days he even went twice in a day!!! I'm furious. Not only because he's running up our credit cards that we are trying to pay off, but because here I am...thinking he's doing really good and making sure to spend the extra money so he can have "on plan" snakcs/meals and he was really going to fast food the whol time. I feel dumb, decieved, hurt and stinking furious.

This would normally be a time when I would binge on sweets, but I had a pria bar and a glass of water. I've used my excess anger to motivate me to clean my house instead of eat sweets...so far so good...

What should I do about my stubborn dh?

MiaManning
02-09-2006, 04:12 PM
If it's one thing I've learned on my short journey of marriage(June 6, 2005), it's that the harder you push, the harder they pull. My husband rebels against me if I harass him too much, which, as we all know, we are just concerned about their well-being.(with my husband it's not weight though).

I think as he sees you getting further and further away from your starting weight, he will start to feel left out or even jealous. Whe he really becomes interested in losing weight, he will take more kindly to your suggestions and motivations. That's just what I think. Hope this kinda helped!;)

sjdphc
02-10-2006, 04:20 PM
Is it too late to join? ;) I went to the doctor today and she said that everything looked good, BUT she said that I could stand to lose 20 lbs., especially if I'm TTC. So, today I decided to try Slim-Fast. I was impressed by their website! I've already had my first shake (powder), and so far so good. Looking forward to losing weight with you all!

desertdreamer
02-10-2006, 04:43 PM
sjdphc- Welcome to the thread! It's never too late to join. Glad you found us here. Great to hear that you liked your first shake. My favorites are the powdered ones, more filling IMO.

How much are you wanting to lose? This is a healthy way to lose, a great way to get to know yourself in regards to habits w/ food and eating. The Slim Fast site is great, they've made alot of changes, all for the better. There is alot of info there for when you are in a bind w/ ideas for what to eat, etc. Hope you have time to poke around there for awhile!

So just jump in here and post, post, post! A few of the others should be along soon. We had some newbies here, but they seem to have disappeared. :( Hope you'll stick around and join in the journey with us.

Angie, hon, having a better day today? I hope you are. :hug: Hang in there sweets. You did a great thing by not turning to food for comfort. That's really a hard habit to break, and you are tackling it head on. Good for you!!
Just remember you are doing great things for yourself, and you are important.
As for dh, that's a tough one. I only know from my experience w/ mine that I cannot force him to eat well, he resists even harder. I've left him alone, made him deal with his own lunches for work and he's done better than when I was pushing the issue. He also sees me working out every day and the changes that are already happening to my body. I think he's slowly starting to wrap his head around it. As for your dh not being honest about the fast food, I hope he was able to sit down and tell you why he did it in a calm manner. Just let him know how much you love him, you want him on this earth for years to come and he can't do that by eating like that every single day! Be patient with him, try and just listen to him and see what he says. I know it's hard, no one ever said men were easy. :D They say we're (women) hard to deal with, I say they're the ones! Hope things work out for you, and the two of you can come to an understanding and maybe walk this journey together. If he's not ready, no worries, he'll do it when he's ready. Have faith!

sjdphc
02-10-2006, 05:11 PM
Thanks Desert! I chose the powdered shakes for cost efficiency! I chose the chocolate flavored one. I'm looking to lose about 20 lbs. I just want to lose SOMETHING before my husband returns from being TDY in March! :D Are you (or anyone else) using other slim-fast products? Any recommendations on any of the flavors? TIA!

Hun.e.B
02-10-2006, 07:13 PM
Hi sjdphc! Welcome!! Congrats on taking that first step to a fit and healthy you!! My favorite SF flavors are the ready to drink cappaccino and the chocolate powder. But I love to add a banana to the chocolate shake...yum! I just LOVE those! I like the ready to drink vanilla better than the powder vanilla. But the powders are great because you can always add stuff to them. Its so great to have you join us and I hope to hear some great success stories from you soon!! Keep on posting!

racegirl!!....so great to have you join us!! The SF products are great to incorporate into any plan, quick no brainer meals or snacks!! Good luck to you, I hope you keep us up to date on your great successes!!

Angie...I'm sorry to hear about the fight. I can totally sympathize with you on the credit card thing. For us it came down to me just taking the credit card away. Not that that is the answer here and our fights werent about food, but it sure stopped him from using it. Keep that chin up girl. So how are things today? I know its so easy to turn to food when you are upset but you dont deserve to do that to yourself. Work out those frustrations in another way. I like what Mia said, when he sees you doing so well I bet he'll want to get on board too. maybe he just doesnt think you are going to follow thru right now, time to prove him wrong! I hope things are better today!

Dani...hows that leg today? I hope that day off worked its wonders! You are kickin some butt lately girl, dont need that leg holding you back!!

Yesterday was an ick day for me. TOM arrived with full force than knocked me on my butt. Luckily the scale didnt move as a result...yes I peeked! Shame shame! Back on track today though, got my first workout in, I'll do the second later tonight. Stay strong everyone! We can do this!! We are worth it!

sjdphc
02-10-2006, 09:27 PM
Okay, I just had the strawberry cheesecake meal bar.... :dz: It tastes like something, but I can't put my finger on it. I think I like SF chocolate products better. I gotta find a way to spread out using the bars so they will last longer also. I'm using the Optima line. Even though they are supposed to have less sugar, there's still enough sweetness there to cure my sweet tooth!

Moi
02-10-2006, 09:40 PM
Hi Y'all!

My Aunt Flo came for a visit here too and she brought cousins Bloaty & Crampy! So, uh, doubt I'll see any weight loss this weekend, lol.

I use the chocolate powder in rice milk, I love to throw in frozen fruit, like strawberries or honeydew, yum. I tried the strawberry powder once, reminded me of Frankenberry cereal! bleh.

I tried the new chocolate chip muffin snack bars.. they were good.

Hun.e.B
02-10-2006, 11:16 PM
I'm not a big fan of the bars just because they are too too sweet for me. Half of one is about all I can do then its too much. Thats why I like the shakes better.

Moi...I can sympathize with you girl, AF was at my house too and yesterday she was mean mean mean to me!! I'm hoping to stay the same too, even though I've not overdone anything just not as on it as I have been. As long as we stick to it!!

Have a great evening everyone!

sjdphc
02-11-2006, 01:27 AM
Okay, I'm feeling good! I made it through the first day! I had a peanut butter crunch snack bar. It is sweet! It tasted just like those peanut butter bar candies (the ones that are white with brown stripes with peanut butter in the middle). Tomorrow, I'm going to try cinnamon bun breakfast bar!

Hun.e.B
02-11-2006, 01:00 PM
Congrats on a great first day!!! Keep those up!! You can do it!! I used to love the chocolate peanutbutter snack bars..the ones that are exactly like a butterfinger and the other one that is exactly like a snickers! YUM! Had to stop buying those LOL!

I was naughty last night, I had 2 chips ahoy cookies and I skipped my last workout!! Shame shame! But its behind me and I'm moving on! I'm off to the gym right now!! Have a wonderful saturday!! Be good!

desertdreamer
02-11-2006, 03:00 PM
Good afternoon peoples! Everyone enjoying the weekend so far? Ugggg, AF is here and I am just not motivated for anything today. I am SO tired, even after having about 12 hrs of sleep!

Moi, great to see you. AF is just a big meanie, look what she does to us. And the nerve of her bringing other univited guests! ;) Hope this week is a good one for you. I'm not doing a weigh in because of the witch, I know it will show a gain which isn't right. Be strong!

sj- great job on the first day! More of those are yet to come. I only really like the stuff with the chocolate. My fave bars are choc. chip cookie dough, and the choc. chip chewy granola bar. I've got major chocolate thing so this works good for me. Keep me from bingeing that's all I care about! Have a great day!

Melissa, how was the gym? Hopefully it got you feeling good and ready to tackle next week.

Still debating a work out this afternoon. I've got so much stuff I need to do that I'm finding hard to get started too. I just feel blah, I hate it. Gotta run all over town today dropping kids everywhere and picking up others. Just call me "mom's taxi service". We'll see what the day brings. Check in with you guys later.

♥danielle

sjdphc
02-12-2006, 02:36 PM
Good morning all! Already Day 3 for me! I thought yesterday was going to be bad! I went to an engagement party for a friend of mine. Of course there was cake AND ice cream! I had followed the plan to the T for the whole day. When it came to cake and ice cream time, I had a small piece of cake (with little icing) and a small scoop of vanilla ice cream (eyeballing it, it looked like less than 1/2 a cup). I washed it down with 20 oz of water. I hadn't eaten dinner and I had to go to work almost immediately after the party. Well, the suspense was killing me when I came home from work. I decided to weigh myself... I LOST 2 LBS!!! :carrot:

Another mood booster was that last night, after the party, a cute guy approached me! I haven't felt attractive in a while. (I've resorted to wearing sweats almost everyday of the week!) Yesterday, I got jazzed up a bit and felt really good! I was actually happy that the size 10 pants I wanted to wear still fit! Needless to say, I'm happily married, but it's always nice to receive a compliment!

Ok, enough of me rambling! :blah: How is Aunt Flow? :o Is she still being a pain in the butt? :dizzy:

Desertdreamer, did you end up exercising yesterday? I don't know if it counts, but I walked my dog about 6 blocks yesterday. It took about 45 minutes. I didn't really break a sweat though. :running:

I hope everyone has a great day! I'll check in later!

Moi
02-12-2006, 07:44 PM
How exciting, good for you!

Aunt Flo left, got a good month ahead to try to make some progress now, heh heh.

Hun.e.B
02-13-2006, 10:25 PM
Whoa...too quiet around here girls!! How is everyone doing? I've been up to my ears in homework but I see the light at the end of the tunnel! LOL! I had a pretty bad weekend planwise, and only exercised one day. But its all behind me, I turned it around and I'm right back on track today!

I found one of the meal bars that I really like, Cherry Crisp, not too sweet at all!

sjdphc....way to go girl!! You are doing so great, and seeing the rewards of it!! I cant wait to feel that way! And everyone is noticing too..you go girl! LOL! Excellent job on your loss!! Keep it up...its all working!!

Moi...show AF who is boss now girl!! LOL!

I hope everyone is having a great evening...I'm headed back to the books, blah! Anyone got any great plans for Valentines day?

sjdphc
02-13-2006, 11:08 PM
Good evening everyone!

Hun.e.B, I was just thinking the same thing about how quiet the board was! Glad to hear that you are back on track! What are you studying for?

Do you do weigh-ins? I'm a slave to the scale! I've lost another 1/2 lb! 2 1/2 lbs total since Friday! I went to step aerobics today and am feeling pretty good right about now!

No plans for V-Day since my husband is away. He did send me a really nice card and a heart filled with ChOcOlAtE!!! I haven't opened the heart yet and I don't plan on opening it until he returns. :dizzy: What are your plans for V-Day?

Holly2
02-14-2006, 12:19 PM
Hi there!

I've been a several different diet, one of them being Slim Fast. I tried to get on the band wagon again this weekend, but just felt too hungry all the time. I didn't even exercise because I just felt too weak.

Perhaps I wasn't doing something right? I was having a shake for breakfast, a shake plus 200 calorie combination lunch, a sensible supper, and three snacks (all of which were one serving of fruit). Plus, I drank a lot of calorie free drinks (including water). I thought it would work, but it only lasted 3 days.

Any advice if I try to gear myself up to do it again. Espeically now that I have shakes laying around ready to be used? :)

Moi
02-14-2006, 01:28 PM
Hi Holly2! I'm new at this myself... I felt the same as you, did well at first but was too hungry... but instead of quitting (for a change) I'm playing with the plan to make it work for me and so far so better. For me I discovered the shake alone for the 2 meals is enough, I'm full, so I'm having a little bit more at snacks instead and it's better. Snacks don't have to be just fruit all the time either. My AM snack was a little bowl of cereal... that fills me up for quite a while. So best I can say is to find your right balance and make it work for you. Hope that helps!

SJDPHC, we said we'd do weigh-in's on Sundays, but must have been a full moon or something, seemed like EVERYONE was on their cyle this weekend and didn't want to, lol. Now that cousin Bloaty is gone I'm back to my current low (a whole 1 pound, I said I was new at this) and will work towards more off.

How is everybody doing?

sjdphc
02-14-2006, 02:19 PM
Good morning and Happy Valentine's Day to everyone!

Holly2, sounds like you are doing everything right. Is the caloric amount in your Slim Fast plan much lower than what you are used to eating? I know that when I tried drastically reduced my calories, I would feel bad for the first couple of days. Are you drinking the prepared shakes or are you doing the powder mix? I prefer the powder mix. When I drink the shake, I drink it very SLOWLY. This has helped me tremendously. Other than that, I ditto what Moi said. Don't give up!!!

Moi, congrats on your 1 lb loss! I weighed again this morning and I'm down another 1/2 lb. 3 lbs total since Friday! :carrot: I'm really proud of myself for sticking to this! I'm really thankful for this board also! Thanks for all of the encouragement and support! We can do this! Well, I'm off to the gym! Will check in later!

desertdreamer
02-14-2006, 02:46 PM
Hello gang!

Holly, whatever you do, don't give up! It sounds like you're doing everything right. The beauty of the SF plan is you work it to fit your lifestyle. There really is no wrong or right way to do it. Have you been to their site yet? There are TONS of ideas for snacks and meals. Maybe varying your snacks alittle with something a little more substantial will keep you filled longer, a little protein will take you a long way. Make sure you are at the right caloric intake for your weight, too little calories will keep the weight on as well.
Are the drinks you are having soda? Lots of times, we will retain water cause of sodium. Make sure to drink LOTS of water thru out the day. The best rule of thumb is to try and get at least half your body weight in ounces, per day. I know you will succeed, keep on trying. Hope to hear more from you soon!

Moi, heya chickie. How are things with you this week? I hope you're off to another great week. AF was busy visiting all of us this week! Just glad it's over!

SJ, hope the gym was a great workout for you. You are doing so great, keep up the fabulous work! :high: I love the powdered shakes too, even better with crushed ice, IMO. So glad that you are finding the board supportive in your journey. Keep posting and let us know how you are doing.

Have had a great 2 days. The weekend was horrible with Af here. I swear, the older I get the worse it is! :devil: I haven't weighed officially yet so no idea where I'm at right now. I'm sure I'm up, I still feel bloaty. I did measure tho' and I lost another 4 inches so something is working.

I hope you all have a super Valentine's day! I'll check on ya guys later. Be good!

:val2: :val1: :val2: :val1:

1newlife
02-14-2006, 05:20 PM
Hi Everyone,

I'm Nikki, I've been on slim fast for 4 days now. This is my starting point in the years to come in my dieting. I believe that I can do this without pills and without surgery despite my medical problem with underactive thyroids that I also refuse to take pills for.

Yesterday I took in a bottle of propel water which is good for me since I normally don't drink all day long until sleeping hours. I have 100x3+69lbs to loose. I am not expecting to loose all of it on the slim fast diet, just starting here!

I do taebo sometimes, I am extremely active. I work with a mentally ill client who NEVER sit's longer than 3 minutes. So my career in itself is a workout when it comes to keeping up with the clients!

Congratutlations to all of you who have lost weight so far! Excellent job! Keep up the good work!

Umm...that's all i can think of right now about me! But I look forward to getting to know you all better! And if anyone can tell me how to get one of those pretty weight track keepers that you all have, let me know! Thanks a million!

~Nikki

sjdphc
02-14-2006, 06:14 PM
Hi Nikki! I just responded to your previous post about slim-fast. I just want to say again, don't give up! :)

desertdreamer
02-14-2006, 06:37 PM
Hi Nikki! Welcome to our little niche on this big huge board. :) I'm so glad that you decided to join us in our quest to get healthy.

How are you liking the plan so far? I love the way they reformatted it so it's not a "one size fits all" thing anymore, the best thing they could've done IMO.
This is a great way to lose weight, I've done it before (75lbs) and so has Melissa (she'll be around later, I'm sure) and I'm sure I will do it again, this time for good. :carrot:

You're right, there is no magic bullet that will make us thin, just plain hard work. Calorie in / Calorie out is the way to go. I do hope that you are taking care of yourself tho if need be in regards to your thyroid? I do take meds for mental disorders and I really believe it's causing me to lose alot slower than I'm used to. Patience is the name of the game, which will hopefully mean that I keep it off forever. Not to mention, won't be left without lots of icky wriggly skin! :))

It's great you're getting in your water. Everyday work to get just a little bit more and you will benefit from it greatly! I love my water! You're a brave woman, taebo and me do not mix for the time being! :lol: Maybe when I lose a bit more then I may give it a go again. Right now I'm using the Biggest Loser dvd and love it,also using my stationary bike has been great!

I wish you nothing but success on this journey you are beginning. You are prepared to work hard, I can tell. I look forward to hearing about your days, good or bad. We're all in this fight together! Keep up the great spirit, your rewards will be many.

Hun.e.B
02-15-2006, 11:09 AM
Good Morning Everyone!!! Sorry to be MIA there again, but that project for school is finally over and I can breathe again! I'm so glad too because I've not exercised since Saturday! I'll be hitting that bike today after classes though. Then I really want to try to get on the eliptical for at least 20 minutes too. I've been very intimidated to do so because at the university which is where I work out, the gym is full of 20ish skinny little things (I have another name for them but I'll keep that to myself LOL)...of which I am not! I weighed in this morning and I've stayed the same...which I'm very thankful for after last weekend where I blew it and last night we ate so late I ate VERY off plan. I guess the fact that I was very good up till then counter balanced it.

Holly!....so great to have you join us! I dont know that I have much else to add to what the others told you other than to check those calories. With the way the Slimfast plan is laid out now I'm never hungry, I feel like I almost eat too much sometimes. I would definetly add some protein in your day, thats going to help you feel full longer, that and fiber. One of my favorite snacks is almonds and craisins. I also love mini pizzas that you make on a whole wheat english muffin. Also are you tracking what you eat calorie wise? I'm interested to see where you come in at. Fitday.com is a great site to do that on. Just dont give up on you!! You can do this! Good Luck!!

Moi....way to go on another great loss girl!!! Keep it up!! You are doing so GREAT!! Excellent job!

sjdphc....wooohooo look at you go girl! You are a losing machine!! See its all working!! Way to go!! I'm gonna nickname you the incredible shrinking woman soon! LOL!

Dani....another shrinking woman!!! Yay...4 inches is so awesome! and despite that ol witch AF!! Girl you just amaze me!! Stay strong and in control because its all working!!! I'm so proud of you!

Nikki!....so great to have you join us too! you are among a great bunch here. Like Danielle said I've had excellent success with slimfast before, I lost 75 lbs previously...now if only I'd kept practicing I wouldnt have gained it all back over the past few years...ah well on to better and SMALLER things right? You can do this! Make that commitment to yourself and go for it! We'll be right here to cheer you on every step of the way!! I'm looking forward to hearing about all your wonderful success so keep on posting!! Good luck!

Well I better get my kiddos ready for school! Looks like AF has moved on so we can work on getting some weight off this week! I'm ready...are you?! have a wonderful day everyone!! Be good..I'll be checking on you after my workout!

sjdphc
02-15-2006, 01:13 PM
Good morning all! Another 1/2 lb down this morning!!! :carrot: 4 LBS since Friday!!! Just wanted to share the good news! What a way to start the day!

desertdreamer
02-15-2006, 01:28 PM
Well there you are stranger! I was beginning to wonder if you'd run away or something! I'm glad that your project is over and you can have a little bit of down time. Glad you are gonna get to the gym today, I know you've missed it alot. Let me know how the elliptical goes, I'm trying to talk dh into getting me one. heehee I keep telling him, " I know you want to honey". All the while making goo-goo eyes at him. LOL So far I don't know if he's buyin' it, he knows me too well. YES, we are definitely ready to lose some weight this week! Inches are awesome, but there's something about seeing a smaller number on that darn scale. I know, I know.... Still, I'm just a girl! : D

All of our newbies, hope to hear how you're doing today. Great things are waiting for you! Hope you're taking good care of yourselves today.

Moi, how are things this week for ya?

I've done my workouts already for the day! I just felt extra motivated this morning to get it all done at once. (biggest loser #3-45min. and bike for 60)
Looking for some new workout shoes, mine right now are giving me some sore tootsies. I had no idea that Nike actually makes shoes specifically (supposedly) for cardio, anyone else heard of these? They are more supported in the side areas with extra cushioning in the heels. thought this was interesting. Not sure I'll be getting them they're pretty spendy. Maybe I will make that a reward? I also want new workout clothes but sheesh, it's expensive! lol Can't see spending a ton on stuff when I'm just going to be shrinking (notice my adamant attitude) out of them soon. KWIM?

Anywho, that's me so far today. I can't believe it's already Wednesday!
Hey, are we still gonna do a group weigh in on Sunday's or are we just going to all weigh when we would like to and post up? Just wanna know what's going on so I can par-take. : D

Have a good one ladies!

danielle

Moi
02-15-2006, 01:35 PM
D'oh! I posted this morning but accidentally in the wrong thread, try this again...

Hey all, everybody is doing so well it's very encouraging... even good intentions are inspiring! I think I'm seeing some progress on the scale too, phew. I'm waiting for Sunday's official weigh-in though.

Wanted to tell you about something I read recently and tried and seems to work really well, is to have just a few almonds with a fruit snack. I'm impressed that I find it actually helps with the satiation factor that I don't always get with a piece of fruit, to hold me till the next meal. I'm very encouraged by that. The kind I have been using are unsalted. I think if they were salted I'd want to eat the whole bag, :ink: :lol:

Moi

Holly2
02-15-2006, 03:50 PM
Hi there!

Thank you for the advice and encouragement! I wasn't sure if I was going to try again at Slim Fast, but this morning when I woke up, the only thing that sounded good was one of my shakes, so...I thought that was a pretty good sign to keep on keepin' on! LOL

I have the ready to drink Rich Chocolate Royale Optima Shakes. So, that was my breakfast, snacks this morning were a granola bar and a banana. I'll have lunch pretty soon here. I'm going to have another shake and 200 calories worth of soup.

I looked at the Slim Fast website. For my weight, I should have 1 snack plus the four fruits or veggies. So, I was shorting myself a bit. Now, for my official snack, I had a granola bar (not Slim Fast, but same calories). I'm wondering, however, do you all exchange your fruit/veggies for more substantial, yet calorie controlled snacks? If that makes sense. Or is that cheating? lol

Anway, after lunch, I still have 3 of the fruit/veggie snacks left, plus my dinner. And of course, all the water a girl could want! ;)

I'm enjoying reading your posts. I hope I do well today. So far, so good.

:), Holly

Oh yes, I'll track my calories today as well. :)

Moi
02-15-2006, 04:01 PM
hey Holly! I don't know what you're supposed to do, but I make my snack decisions on what I feel like at the time, trying to make them healthy choices of course, aiming for fruit as much as possible but if at the time I just feel like a bowl of cereal or a cup of soup or whatever, that's what I'll have. We'll see how it works for me in time I guess, this is all new and I'm still trying to figure it out too, but so far so good, I think I'm down half a pound so far this week, and I'm a very hard loser.

Moi
02-15-2006, 04:14 PM
Here's another suggestion that might help anyone... check out the Canadian Slimfast Website. It's a little different in how it is set up. Frankly, maybe I was doing something wrong (?) but I couldn't figure out the U.S. website! lol. The Canadian website shows a lot of different snack options, not just fruits and veggies.

Here, try this page: http://www.slimfast.ca/planner.asp and click on the sample 4 weekly meal planners for your weight/calories... this is where I got the idea of how to do the plan. So, is this any different than the US plan? I couldn't figure out where to look on the US website!

Holly2
02-15-2006, 04:36 PM
Hi Moi!

I like the Canadian site too. Thanks for sharing!

This is where I found the eating requirements on the U.S. site. http://www.slim-fast.com/plan/personalizing.asp The fruit/veg based snacks as well as other yummy snacks are on the recipe link up top. I suppose you could substitue fruit/veg based snacks for other ones. I mean, a calorie is a calorie. Slim Fast probably just wants to ensure that we're all getting our minimum amount of produce in for the day.

I'm a detail person...if ya couldn't tell. LOL! :write:

Hun.e.B
02-15-2006, 05:01 PM
sjdphc...woooohoooo!! Girl you rock!!! Keep up the good work!! Did you ever post your stats? starting/current/goal? Just wanna see how close you are getting! I'm so proud of you!! Congrats on some amazing success!

Moi....are you cheating on us?! LOL, just kidding! That sounds like me!

Danielle...let me know what you find out about those shoes, I need something like that for sure, I wonder if it'd help with my shins. Also, I tend to get cramps in my feet for some reason. So I'm curious if a shoe like that would help.

Holly....so great to see you again!! To answer your question about fruits and veggies, no I dont have those for my snacks usually..sometimes though. I go more on calorie amounts. My goal is to do 1700 calories a day. So my day usually goes : 200 calories for breakfast, 200 calorie snack, 400 calorie lunch, 200 calorie snack, 500 calorie dinner, 200 calorie snack. Thats my goal anyway, sometimes I dont eat as much earlier in the day (like if I have an orange for a snack) and I know that means I can have a little extra dinner. I do have a fruit with breakfast, lunch and dinner though. I love to add a banana to my chocolate shake for lunch, thats my favorite. Its all about calorie in calorie out so having something besides fruit for a snack is not cheating! Yogurt is a good one! Keep up the good work!

Keep up the great work everyone!! I smell GREAT things coming our way!! We deserve it!

sjdphc
02-15-2006, 07:19 PM
Ok, I'm back with more time to post. I went to the gym and did 30 minutes of cardio(elliptical) and 30 minutes of weight training (upper/lower body combo). :ebike:

Here's my story when it comes to my stats. I went to the doctor last Friday and the scale there said 189! On top of that, she told me that I needed to lose about 20 lbs, especially if I'm TTC. Needless to say, that was my wake-up call and that day I decided to give Slim-Fast a try. The next day I weighed at home and the scale said 183.5. -5.5 lbs lost in 24 hours... Must have been some major water weight! Since then, I've been losing some each day. I'm currently at 179.5. My goal is to be in the 160s by March 7th (when my DH returns from school). So, I guess my stats would go something like this:
SW/CW/GW/Height/Age
189/179.5/169/5'9"/25

Is my goal feasible? What about everyone else's stats? My ultimate goal would be to get back down to 150. By the way, I'm a scale addict, especially since my goal date is so close! Sunday weigh-ins are cool though.

Danielle, if you are looking for shoes, try Payless! Their Champion athletics would probably work just as well as Nikes for a fraction of the price! They are also having their BOGO Sale. Insoles can be used to provide extra support. Also, Target and Wal-Mart have cute, reasonably priced workout clothes.

Hun.e.B, I'll have to try putting a banana in my shake! Sounds pretty tasty! I tried the Slim-Fast Optima Caramel Crispy Peanut meal bar yesterday. It was pretty good! It's more chewy than crispy though. Definitely more than enough to cure a sweet tooth!

Okay, enough rambling! I hope EVERYONE is having a great day! Hope to hear from you all soon! Take care!

Hun.e.B
02-15-2006, 08:17 PM
sjdphc...I think your goal sounds absolutly feasible! And you are doing so great so far!! Those doctors scales are typically off from the home scales, I know mine weighs about 4 lbs light so when you go back dont let it bother you at all...just go by your scale because you are doing GREAT!!! And when you are ready to ttc I'll be throwing that baby dust at you!

My stats are in my siggy but here they are again....
starting/current/goal/height/age
250/237.5/165/5'7''/twenty-thirteen

Have a great night everyone!

Holly2
02-16-2006, 11:32 AM
Good Morning!

Stayed on plan yesterday! :carrot:

My stats are 220/143/135.

I'm off to the grocery store to buy more SF and healthy stuff!

See you later! :)

desertdreamer
02-16-2006, 01:11 PM
Gooooood Morning Slimfasters!

Holly, wow you are almost at your goal! Did you lose all that with Slim fast or something else? Who cares how, gosh it's just awesome to see!
I'm impressed.

Have completed my first workout for the day, totally beat my arse. I'm sleepy today for some reason. I woke up twice in the middle of the night to use the bathroom---too much late night water drinking! Maybe that's why I'm tired, I dunno. Otherwise I'm feeling super good. I still can't believe tomorrow's Friday! This week flew, and this weekend is a 3-dayer so next week will fly too. Anybody watching the Olympics? So disappointing Michelle Kwan dropped out. Ugh, and I'm sorry, Bode Miller makes me sick. How much more arrogant can he get? lol Just don't think he's a good representitive of our country. Ok, off the soapbox!

Has anyone ever used Turbo Jam for exercise? I was doing some reading about it, and it sounds really fun. It does a whole body workout, and there are tons of different dvd's to use, lots of music and dancing. May have to try it out and see what all the hoopla is about.

Have a great day everyone, I'll check on ya'll later.

sjdphc
02-16-2006, 01:36 PM
Good morning!

Holly, ditto to what desertdreamer said! Only 8 more pounds to go for you! Totally doable!

Desert, congrats on your first workout! What's your workout routine like? How often do you work out? No, I haven't been watching the Olympics, but I was also bummed to hear about Michelle Kwan. :( She's still a champion! Not everyone makes it to the Olympics!

I haven't heard of Turbo Jam. It's sounds like fun though from your description. I keep saying that I'm going to DVR exercise programs on FitTV, but I never do! I like that guy, Gilad, but I watch him more than I do the exercises!

No loss or gain for me this morning. I plan on taking my pup to the dog park and later, go to the gym for bootcamp aerobics (kicks my butt every time)!

Today, I'm going to have fast-food. Well, it's just chili from A&W. Has anyone ever had their chili? I would go to Wendy's, but supposedly A&W's chili has less sodium.

Gotta go prepare breakfast! I'll check in later. Take care!

Hun.e.B
02-16-2006, 03:31 PM
Wow Holly you are so close!!! Can you taste it yet!! Way to go girl!! I'm so excited for you! Goal is right around the corner!

Danielle you rock!! I'm so proud of you and your exercise!! You really are my inspiration and what keeps me wanting to keep sweating! Way to go on getting those in girl! I've not really been watching the olympics, I like the summer ones better. I did see commercials for Bode, have you seen em. Bob was laughing about them because he lost. I dont know anything about him other than his drinking and skiing comment. Did you see the girl that is taking Michelle kwans place? shes cute, shes the sister of the girl that won the gold last time.

sjdphc...I hope you had a great workout today!! I've not had A&W chili, but I have a recipe that is supposed to be the same as wendy's chili and its so good! I just love it, in fact I should make some! LOL!

Well its absolutly freezing here! -10 with the windchill supposed to be -30 or so tonight...brrr! But I'm sticking to plan like a champ! I even allowed myself some of my chocolates last night, I worked it into my calories.

I hope you are all having a wonderful day!! Be good! You deserve it!! Are we posting weigh in on sunday or friday?

Holly2
02-16-2006, 04:50 PM
Wow! Thank you for the kind words! It's acutally been a long process getting the weight down. Mostly I've been watching portions and calorie counting. I kind of float from one thing to the next. I guess I just like to keep it fresh. :cool: I tend to lose 10 pounds or so, then maintain for awhile and so on.

I don't know if I'll make it down to my 135 goal or not, but I thought I would see if Slim Fast could help me make it to the finish line. If not, it will still keep my eating under control, which has a been a bit of trouble for me as of late. Plus, I like the convenience of it all.

I haven't tried Turbo Jam yet. I've seen the commercials, though, and it looks like a lot of fun. Right now, I'm mostly using some of my Firm tapes. Not quite as exciting, but they get the job done. :lifter: lol These little face are the best.

Well, so far, so good for today. I had a shake for breakfast, a small cake donut which will count for at least two of my snacks today (I'll have to check the calories on that), and lunch was a shake and some veggie/rice soup again. I bought some of the Strawberry Optima Powder at the store this morning.

See you later. Keep sippin' those shakes! :beach:

sjdphc
02-17-2006, 01:47 AM
Evening ladies! I'm trying to wait a full three hours before I turn in for bed. So, I decided to post to stay awake! Today was a good day. Bootcamp aerobics was brutal! We ran a lot today. I was just happy not to have been the last one in the pack! The A&W chili was okay. Of course I think my chili tastes better, but I was too lazy to cook it! The A&W chili was also very salty to me. Anywho, since I've started Slim-Fast, I've been soooo full! I never get in the 3 snacks recommended! Is anyone else experiencing this?

Holly2, how were the strawberry shakes? I'm still in love with the chocolate!

On a good note, I tried on a skirt that I bought 2 years ago when I was smaller and it fit! Well, it was snug... I'll take it being snug over not being able to button it any day! Must mean I'm making some progress! I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for a loss tomorrow! Good luck to everyone!

Goodnight everyone! TGIF!!!

Hun.e.B
02-17-2006, 04:26 PM
Hows it going everyone? Sticking to plan? Getting that exercise in?? Are you all set to have a great weekend? No big plans around here other than homework and housework..oh my favorite! LOL! NOT!

Keep up the good work everyone!! We are kicking some serious butt lately! Cant wait to see the official results of a great week on sunday! Be good! You are worth it!

Holly2
02-17-2006, 05:13 PM
Hi there!

Things are going well here. I stuck to plan and exercised yesterday. Today is going well too. I had a shake for breakfast, granola bar and banana for snacks #1 and#2, half a sandwich and shake for lunch.

Dinners have been set up like they have on the website, with a focus on veggies, 1/4 meat, and 1/4 of the plate starch. It seems to be working fine. I haven't been hungry now that I'm following it more in detail.

I just had my last chocolate shake, tomorrow, I'll be in strawberry paradise! lol

:beach:

sjdphc
02-17-2006, 06:22 PM
Hey everyone! Still sticking to the plan here as well. Again, no gain or loss today. I went to the gym and did 30 minutes of cardio and 30 minutes of weight training. I was feeling "blah" this morning, but now I feel a lot better! Gonna get some housework done and watch a little tv before lunch. Will check in later. Take care!

Hun.e.B
02-17-2006, 06:36 PM
Excellent day today Holly! I'm so glad to hear that you arent feeling hungry, thats a terrible way to go thru the day! I cant wait to hear how you like the strawberry powder, I've not seen it here. I have tried the vanilla one and I dont like it as much as just the vanilla ready to drink. Keep up the good work!

sjdphc...you are doing great! You are bound to see some slowing on the scale because you are probably losing some inches now, especially with that weight training. did you take your measurements yet?

The kids are getting home from school now and my nice quiet house has disappeared! LOL! Gearing up to maybe go do a workout. Have a great night ladies! You rock!

sjdphc
02-18-2006, 01:34 AM
Good evening everyone. Today was another successful day. But, do 2 frosted shredded mini wheats and a teaspoon of strawberry preserves count as a "cheat"? :dizzy:

So, I tried on a pair of jeans that I bought about 3 weeks ago and now I can take them off without unbuttoning or unzipping them! I'm pissed because I really like those jeans! I wish the scale would correlate to how those jeans feel! I wish I could just snap my fingers and be at 150 again! Hoping for a loss tomorrow! That's enough of my mini-rant!

Hun.e.B, I didn't measure myself. I just use my "trusty" scale! ;) Oh, and old clothes that have become quite snug!

Hun.e.B
02-18-2006, 12:45 PM
lol, silly girl! i wouldnt call that a cheat at all. Look at you go gettin all skinny! Excellent job! Hey if that finger snapping stuff works will ya do it for me too! LOL! Keep up the good work, that scale will move sure enough.

I had a pretty great day yesterday. Still no exercise but still not stressing about it either. My chili turned out great using the ground turkey instead of the ground beef. Tomorrow I'll measure and see if I've lost any inches to go with my 4 lb loss!

Have a great day everyone!! Be good!

Holly2
02-18-2006, 01:07 PM
:hat: Hello there! Just polished off my strawberrry shake for breakfast! It was good. Years ago, I used the powders (the original kind), and I felt like I couldn't make it mix up well enough. The optima powder is better, I think. I just measured out the milk in a big glass and mixed the powder in with a spoon. Very yummy.

I was down to 142.5 this morning. Chronic weigher here! :goodscale

Two frosted mini wheats and some preserves? Please! I think you were just satisfying a little sweet tooth. No problem in the long run by any means.

I am really enjoying the plan. I'm noticed Bi Mart has a sale on the meal bars...2 boxes for $5. So, I think I'll take advantage of that today while we're running around doing our Saturday errands.

Happy Saturday!

Hun.e.B
02-18-2006, 01:31 PM
Good morning Holly!! congrats on another GREAT loss!! I have to agree the powders are so much better now, I do mine in the blender and I throw in a cup of ice with it, very good! I'm going to have to look for the strawberry powder around here. I wish we could have a good sale like that!! Have a wonderful saturday!! Stay strong!

sjdphc
02-18-2006, 01:54 PM
Good morning everyone!

Still no loss or gain here. I guess my faux cheat didn't effect me too much! LOL @ Holly2 for "chronic weigher"! That describes me exactly! Congratulations on your loss! You are so close to your goal that you can probably taste it! Keep up the good work!

Slim-Fast has given me a reason to break out my stick blender that I've had for years! I don't use fat-free milk though. Gotta have my 2%! I'll mix it and then let it set for about 5 minutes. It seems to "thicken up".

Wow! Where can I find a Bi-Mart?!? At our Wal-Mart here, there are boxes of meal bars that have 2 extra in them (8 bars instead of 6) for about $5.

Hun.e.B, could you send some of that chili my way? :) It is so windy here today! It's really "crisp" outside and a nice, warm bowl of chili would be good! I also use ground turkey! I can't remember the last time I cooked ground beef!

Does anyone shop at Fashion Bug? They are having a 40% off sale on regular priced items and 20% off on clearance items this weekend. Might treat myself to a cute top or some cute sandals! Well, I've got some errands to run myself. Everyone have a wonderful Saturday! Take care! :hug:

Hun.e.B
02-18-2006, 03:45 PM
Have you tried Viva Skim Delight milk? With the pink label. Its Fat free but its much "creamier" than regular skim. Doesnt have that gray color at all. I'd compare it to 2% in taste and weight. My kids drink that milk they love it. Its a little more expensive but so worth it I think.

We dont have Fashion bug here, we used to have them in Phoenix with I lived there but they went out several years ago I think. Gotta love their prices though, I wish we had them here.

Alright, back to the homework, thought I'd take a little break and check on you guys! Keep up the good work! Whats for dinner tonight?

Holly2
02-18-2006, 09:52 PM
Putting the milk, powder, and some ice in a blender would double the shake I bet...that would be great!

I'm going to do that tomorrow.

So, our official weigh in day is Sunday, right? I know I'll be jumping on the scale. We'll see what happens. Using my Firm tapes, I can tell my pants are fitting a little looser, but so far, just a half pound gone. But, I'll take muscle over fat any day. :)

A Slim Fast toast to you all for a wonderful evening! :hat:

desertdreamer
02-18-2006, 10:34 PM
Hi guys. Looks you are all doing well so far this weekend, that's great to hear.
Have to agree about the shakes made with the blender. Yum. They are definitely more filling, couldn't imagine drinking them any other way. I usually will have that for lunch with something else, and for breakfast have one of the granola bars or a meal on the go one. Lunch seems to be when I get the hungriest so the blender shake + half a sandwich or something fills me up and keeps me honest the rest of the day.

Anyone doing anything this weekend? Just sticking close to home here, dealing with kids projects, housework, and making sure to get those workouts in. I can't believe that we're almost thru Feb. The month is just flying. Pretty soon it'll be time for shorts and sandals! Hopefully I will be able to get into the cute summer stuff I've been hanging onto in a much smaller size. That's the plan anyways! Make sure you girls are measuring, I'm tellin ya, it's the only thing that's keeping me sane and still excited about doing this.

It was good to see you guys here today, hope to see you in the morning too.
Gotta go get some stuff done, it's getting late. But wanted to come by here at some point today to say hi and all.

Have a great night everyone!

danielle

sjdphc
02-18-2006, 11:13 PM
Hello again! Went to Fashion Bug, but I only bought accessories. I bought a cute belt, earrings, and espadrilles. Getting a head start on spring!

No, I've never tried Viva. I think I will stick to 2%. I can just hear my husband's mouth if I switch to anything else! Hmm, my dinner tonight was grilled chicken, green beans, Rice-a-Roni, salad, an orange, and water.

Not doing anything this weekend but working. As a matter of fact, I gotta start getting ready for work right about now! I hope everyone has a great night! Everyone have sweet dreams of great losses tomorrow! Take care!

Hun.e.B
02-19-2006, 03:40 AM
I'd be willing to bet that your hubby would never even notice if you switched to the viva skim delight. I'm telling you now its not like other skim milk, its exactly like 2%.

Its so late this saturday evening, its way past my bedtime but I'm up watching my favorite scary movie...Scream! I didnt eat a good dinner, had hubby's leftover from lunch, my fave, chicken fettuccini, and it wasnt even very good. that darn scale better not scold me for it either! My plan is to measure in the morning though since its been 2 weeks.

Cant wait to see all the great things from you girls!! Have a great sleep!

Moi
02-19-2006, 11:17 AM
Good Sunday morning! Wow, I'm sooo impressed with all the shrinkage you ladies are reporting... congrats!:carrot: That's the best news! I'd say I'm looking forward to getting into my old jeans again, but I'll probably have to get new ones, mine will be outdated by now! :lol: My first goal is to get my wedding rings back on my fingers... I think they shrunk ;)

Ok, my Sunday weigh-in report... I'm down 1/2 pound! :cb: Doesn't sound like much but it's good news for me to be losing anything! (Darn the trackers don't show half pound losses) No change in measurements yet.

How are y'all doing?

Moi

shimmer shimmer
02-19-2006, 01:15 PM
hi everyone!
im new here and have some questions for all of you. im doing the body for life workouts right now but my biggest problem is following a meal plan. so i bought some slim fast after debating it for a while. i always thought they were all sugar and no nutrients. im glad to see that they have changed that! ive been working out for the past 9 weeks but due to my eating havent seen great results.

sooo... my question is. can i just substitute slimfast for breakfast and still get results? what plan do you all follow? i just dont want to feel hungry! any help is much appreciated!

alexis

sjdphc
02-19-2006, 02:03 PM
Good morning ladies! No loss or gain AGAIN this morning! Oh well, this is a brand new week. I'm proud of my accomplishments thus far. CONGRATS Moi on your 1/2 lb weight loss! How did everyone else do? Hun.e.B, I'll keep my fingers crossed that your supper didn't effect your loss. Now that I think of it, my losses came to a halt when I started eating that Rice-A-Roni... Hmmm... :dizzy:

Welcome aboard Shimmer! The more the merrier! I'm no expert on Slim-Fast, but I'm on the Optima (less sugar) Slim-Fast plan and the idea is to substitute one meal with a Slim-Fast meal product, the other meal incorporates a Slim-Fast meal product, and the third meal is usually your "sensible" dinner. A typical day for me is:
B - Slim Fast shake or meal bar, 20 oz water
S - a fruit and yogurt, 20 oz water
L - a sandwich or salad, fruit, and a Slim-Fast shake or meal bar, 20 oz water
D - lean meat, 1/2 plate full of veggies, 1 c salad, a fruit, and a starch (usually a piece of low-calorie bread or 1/2 c rice, etc.), 20 oz water
S - usually don't have one after dinner unless my sweet tooth is nagging me. If so, I'll have a Slim-Fast snack bar, jell-o cup, or a sugar-free pudding cup.
Gym - 20 oz water

Since I've started Slim-Fast, I'm rarely ever hungry! I feel like the Taco Bell commercials that say, "I'M FULL!!!" :) IMO, the powder shake mix is more filling than the already prepared shakes and a little bit easier on the pockets. Check out Slim-Fast's website. Along with 3FC, it keeps me accountable! I hope that helped some!

Well, it's time for breakfast. I'll check in with you all later!

Moi
02-19-2006, 02:20 PM
sjdphc, you may not have seen numbers on the scale but your clothes fitting better or falling off is a much better progress in my books! Sunday weigh-in is about reporting measurement loss too, and any other sorts of progress shown like fitting into that smaller skirt... have you measured yourself?

Alexis (Shimmer Shimmer), I used to drink SF just for breakfast for the vitamins aspect. I too was concerned about the health of it but felt better about it when I asked my doctor about SF and she said it was just fine and to continue! But I didn't start to notice any weightloss until I actually tried to follow the actual SF plan with a SF for breakfast AND lunch, a regular meal at dinner, and 3 small snacks through the day. If you find yourself too hungry, just adjust it to make it work for you... some add more food to their SF meals, I find it better to add a little more to my snacks instead. Welcome to our group!

Holly2
02-19-2006, 09:09 PM
Good Evening!

It's been a nice day! I just maintained my loss that I discovered yesterday. So, a half pound for me this week. I'm hoping for a more next week when I'm on the program for a full 7 days.

For breakfast, I had one of the blueberry crisp meal bars. How yummy! Then, at lunch I made my strawberry shake with ice and milk. It was more filling in my opinion. Plus, it's just nice to see your glass so full. lol :cb:

Alexis, you would probably see weight loss with just one shake if you reduced the calories in your other two meals. If changing just one of your meals is the only thing you do, though, it would probably take quite a while to see a difference.

There's a big variety of shakes and meal bars out there, though. It's hard for me to choose when I go to the store. They all look so good. :hun:

Have a slimming night!

leighlee
02-19-2006, 11:29 PM
I was just wondering if anyone was using or has used before the ediets slim-fast plan. I know that SF has a free site, but it's not really my favorite. It's not very easy to navigate around. Anyway, I just thought I'd get some opinions!
Thanks!

Hun.e.B
02-20-2006, 01:58 PM
Happy Monday everyone!! Sorry I went MIA yesterday it was an off day for me! But I'm back on track today going strong ready to lose some more!! I somehow managed to get 4 lbs off last week with no exercise but I gotta get back to it today!

Moi....way to go on another loss girl!! Keep it up!! Even if it is slow and steady you are still shrinking, and the clothes are fitting better! Way to go!!

Shimmer...hello! So great to see you posting with us!! The great thing about slimfast is that it gives you some control. I love the discipline it gives me I dont have to think much, just grab my shake and a peice of fruit and I'm good! The whole idea is calorie in vs calorie out, the slimfast products gives you control over the calories. If you dont normally have breakfast thats a great place to start by having a shake. The plan is so different now, you should visit the site and see what it recomends for you. For me I do 1700 calories a day. I'm never hungry and I'm having excellent success so far. You dont just have a shake anymore, generally you eat something else with it. I think I posted my typical day a little higher up but basically I do this
breakfast - 200 calories
snack - 200 calories
lunch - 400 calories
snack - 200 calories
dinner - 500 calories
snack - 200 calories
I hope you keep posting with us!

sjdphc.....rice a roni has lots and lots of salt! That could keep you retaining! Did you measure yet? Your clothes are fitting better so you are definetly still losing even if the scale isnt showing it! Keep it up!!

Holly....way to go on a GREAT loss this week!! I bet you'll see even more after a full 7 days, you can do it!! Be strong, stay in control!

Leighlee....I dont use ediets, I dont really use the SF site either, I just got their recommendations from them and went on my own. They've got some good ideas. I usually just use fitday for keeping track of things.

Whew...chatty bunch! LOL! I love it!! I hope everyone has a fantabulous day!! Be good! You deserve it!!

Holly2
02-20-2006, 02:44 PM
Good Morning!

Well, I had an oops yesterday. Everything went fine until I had some leftover Valentine chocolates last night. I'm going to cut down on snacks today...not too much, but I feel really bad about the splurge. I really hate going "off" this diet. Slim Fast costs enough that I feel like I'm wasting money and calories when I cheat.

But, today is a new day! Had another blueberrry bar for breakfast and a banana for a snack. A little later, I'll have a shake and 200 calories of something for lunch. Hubby will make dinner...I told him it needs to be healthy and full of veggies! lol

I need to make sure to really watch my calories this week. Water and exercise have been good. I would love to see a loss next Sunday morning.

I've never looked around ediets, although I've heard a lot of good things about it. I, too, went on the Slim Fast site just enough to make sure I was doing things right. If I ever need some more snack or meal ideas, though, I'll check back in.

Happy President's Day!

sjdphc
02-20-2006, 03:14 PM
Hi ladies! I think I've already hit a plateau! I weighed again this morning and I'm STILL at 179.5! I've been drinking 80-100 oz of water daily and I have been watching my sodium intake (averaging 1800mg daily). Oh, I bought the 1/3 less salt Rice-a-Roni and I used half the butter and 2% milk. I workout 5 days a week and take Saturdays and Sundays off. I'm scared to increase my calories. I average 1250 calories daily (I try to make it to 1300, but I'm always full!) What should I do?

Holly2, don't worry about your little oops! You have a whole week to work it off! It probably didn't even effect you since you are doing so well already! That's what I like about Slim-Fast. Nothing is really off limits! Slim-Fast can be costly. When I decided to begin the program, I spent almost $50 on several of the products! I still have a few meal bars and 1/2 a canister of shake mix left, so I think it was worth the money. Can't put a price on your health, right?... :) How are the muffin bars? Are they "filling"? Size?

4 LBS, Hun.e.B?!? That's GREAT! Congratulations! Pass some of that success my way! :carrot: By the way, I was thinking of adding a banana to my shakes. Do you use blender, because I don't have a traditional blender. Just my stick blender. Do you think that will work?

Hi Leighlee! I haven't tried ediets. If it works for you, then go for it! Feel free to check in with us!

Moi, what kind of snacks do you eat? I noticed you said you'd rather add more to your snacks than your meals. I usually just have a piece of fruit and/or yogurt for snack. I'll have one of the snack bars if my sweet tooth is nagging me. Dipping apples in vanilla yogurt is yummy!

Okay, enough rambling for me! Everyone keep up the good work! Take care.

desertdreamer
02-20-2006, 03:25 PM
Happy Presidents ladies! Sorry to be MIA the last few days, just been busy.
Welcome to our new ladies, I hope you'll be active here with us, we'd love to have ya!

Holly, sounds like you're doing super. Weigh in will be great, I'm sure. Splurge's are something we all struggle with, the important thing is to hop right back on and you did. Keep on truckin' mama!

Melissa, you're doing so fabulous! 4 pounds woo hoo!!! All the hard work is paying off in big losses, keep it up. Just think how great you'll look come this summer for your trip!

sjdc, how ya doin today hon? You did a great job last week, so proud of you!

Moi, you and me both w/ the small losses! It's still a loss tho', right? lol
keep it up, inch by inch we'll get there!

I did lose .5 a pound and around 6 inches. The workouts are definitely having an effect, just weird (disappointing?) to see hardly any change on the scale. It's a first for me, so I'm learning to be patient. No easy feat for this girl!

Still have the kids around today, a short school week which means the rest of this week's gonna fly on by. I wanna make sure I stick to plan cause that weigh in's gonna be here before you know it. I want more than .5...1 or 2 would be good. At this point tho', I'll take whatever it gives me as long as it's not a gain!

Have a great afternoon girls, I'm outty to make my shake. Check in with ya'll soon.

Hun.e.B
02-20-2006, 03:27 PM
I use the regular blender because I also add ice to my shakes. You can get one pretty cheap now...usually around $10 that'll do the trick in a pinch! I'm thinking maybe you might want to think about upping your calories. My first 3 weeks this year I only lost 8 lbs. I was trying to do about 1200-1400 calories. Then I started slimfast and bumped it up to 1700 calories and I've lost 8 lbs in almost half the time. Have you done the questionare on the SF sight to see what they recommend for maintenence? this site has one too. Then cut it by 500-1000 calories. Might just have to play around with things till you figure it out.

Moi
02-20-2006, 03:33 PM
Moi, what kind of snacks do you eat? I noticed you said you'd rather add more to your snacks than your meals.

Yeah, I find the shakes filling enough. I like fruit with almonds, cereal, soups, raw veggies... the usual stuff, pretty much anything healthy in small quantities, but sometimes if it just doesn't seem enough I don't worry about adding a little more since I'm not adding to my meals, or if I need to I'll add in a little extra snack if I'm hungry.

desertdreamer
02-20-2006, 03:35 PM
SJ, we were posting at the same time! It's great to see you today. Young lady, stay off the scale! :lol: You are doing wonderful things for youself by eating well and exercising, keep reminding yourself. There will come a point where you may stay the same for a bit, but you are still going to lose in the end. Are you getting enough to eat? Gosh, I think I'd be starving on 1250 calories a day! :D My suggestion is to measure yourself. I swear if it weren't for that tape measure, I think I'd have given up. I've only lost like 9 pounds but I've lost mass amounts of inches. It's what's keeping me going, I can see progress somewhere! Just my .02 to ya chicky!

Moi
02-20-2006, 03:42 PM
No thank you!

That was my problem last week, I was fine on plan the whole time but I should have said "No thank you" a few times when special food items were brought into the home.. and I gobbled them up! But we learn from our mistakes, right? Should anything go askew this week, I'm going to say "No thank you" and maybe just have some at the next alloted meal or snack time or whatever... or never! :p

Moi
02-20-2006, 03:45 PM
Danielle, 6 inches, woooo! Yeah, definitely more important than what any scale says!

Hun.e.B
02-20-2006, 04:15 PM
LOL love the no thank you!

What I tell myself is instead of saying I cant have that...I CHOSE not to have that. I could have it if I wanted to I just dont want it! LOL! whatever works!

desertdreamer
02-20-2006, 06:09 PM
Love the No Thank You's....amazing how much we encounter it now that we're so aware of it all.

When I get the urge to cheat I've learned to actually touch what it is I "think" I want and say that it holds no power over me, I don't need it, and I'm stronger and better than that. Talk about psyching yourself out! :rofl:
Of course, I couldn't imagine myself doing that in front of company or someone's house! Can you just imagine, grabbing a big ole cookie at someone's house and talking to it? :D yikes! Sending out those lil men in the white coats real quick!

Holly2
02-20-2006, 09:53 PM
Good Evening!

Hun e B, way to go on the 4 pound loss! That's great! :bravo: I forgot to mention that in my last message.

Desertdreamer, lol...:cookie: No, I do not want you! That put a smile to my face. :)

Today has been good. I was really busy though, and haven't yet exercised. I need to kick it up tonight or double tomorrow. I had a granola bar for snack and hubby made a nice hot dish and salad for supper. Now I just need to finish up my water for the day.

The blueberry crisp bars I've been having for breakfast are definetly filling enough. That, with a cup of coffee is enough to get you by till a little morning snack or lunch, depending on how early you eat breakfast.

House is on tonight, so I'm happy about that. I'll have some H2O on the rocks and a good laugh. :hat:

desertdreamer
02-20-2006, 11:17 PM
Hi Holly! Busy is good, it means you're not eating, right? :) You sound happy with how today went and that is the best feeling in the world. You lucky girl, having dh make ya dinner. Nice!

Going to look out for the muffin bars tomorrow. Thank goodness it's shopping day because I've got exactly one meal bar left and that is it. :eek: I scraped by w/ just enough powder for shakes today and was relieved to have that 1 lonely bar for breakkie in the mornin'. Gonna try that Strawberry powder, sounding pretty yummy- mix it up a bit, live a little and all that jazz.

Enjoy your t.v. program and have your laughs, it burns calories ya know. ;)
Well whadaya know, I'm having my H2o on the rocks too! Cheers! :cheers:

Have a good night everyone!

sjdphc
02-20-2006, 11:19 PM
Well, today was a total disaster. :( I resorted to emotional eating. If I calculated correctly, I at over 3000 calories today! :o And all the while I was eating junk, I felt so terrible/guilty/angry/frustrated/depressed and the list could go on and on. I will start fresh tomorrow and hope and pray that I didn't sabotage myself too much. I hope everyone else has a good night! Take care.

Hun.e.B
02-21-2006, 12:15 AM
Thats the spirit...right back at it tomorrow. The emotional eating only ends up making you feel worse. But theres nothing you can do to change it so you've got to just let it go and move on. Remember how it feels right now for the next time those emotions sneak up on you. One day will not derail everything I promise! Right back on that wagon tomorrow..you can do it! We are here for you!! Be strong, take that control! No matter what you are worth it!! Have a fantastic day!!

PrincessMeme
02-21-2006, 11:42 AM
Just would like to introduce myself...My name is Melissa..I see there's another lovely lady on hear sporting that honeybee name. I'm 22yrs old and since May of last year I've lost 30lbs. Of course the weightloss wasn't straight downhill...had some mountains I had to get over to reach the valley again. As of right now I'm 175 and my GW 150.....I love slimfast high protein shakes their creamier and thicker than the original. Just wanted to say hi...and I'll be posting more frequently in the future. Here's to a slimmer me(toasting my vanilla slim fast:)yum).

Holly2
02-21-2006, 12:22 PM
Hun, good words of advice that we all need to hear from time to time. Thank you!

Princess, the high protein shakes are a different line from the Optima, correct? I would be curious to try those. I like sampling all the different products.

:hat: cheers!

:cb: My step daughter had me put a banana in my strawberry shake this morning....it was delicious! Filling too!

Bye for now!

sjdphc
02-21-2006, 01:57 PM
Good morning ladies! I'm feeling much better today. I'm back on track. Thanks for the words of encouragement. I stayed off the scale today. I need to go shopping as well. I think I will pick up some muffin or cookie bars today.

PrincessMeMe, congratulations on your weight loss thus far! Did you lose it doing Slim-Fast? Also, what part of Florida are you in? I'm moving to Florida from Vegas in about 3 weeks.

I hope everyone has a fantastic Tuesday! Take care!

Hun.e.B
02-21-2006, 04:01 PM
Happy Tuesday slimfasters! Hows it going? I'm having a great day! I even worked out for the first time in 9 days..yay me!! LOL! My plan was to go to the gym but some skinny little you know what stole my machine! So I came home and did the biggest loser workout! bob made me sweat! I love bob! LOL!

Danielle...how'd that grocery trip go? Did you find some good bars? I saw the blueberry crisp bars the other day I'm gonna try those since I like the cherry ones so much. I hope to find some more that arent super sweet.

PrincessMeme!!!....Hello!! Welcome welcome!! So great to meet you!! Way to go on some fantastic success you've had so far! Wow, you are doing so GREAT!! And almost to goal!! WOOHOO! My family and I are taking a vacation to Florida in June! Thats my motivation in this journey. I'm toasting my chocolate/banana shake right back at ya!!! No going back! I just love your attitude!! Keep on posting with us!!

Holly...oh strawberry/banana...YUM!!, man I really gotta go try and find some of that! I hope you are having a GREAT day!! I didnt realize you were from the NW like me! LOL!

sjdphc...I'm so happy to hear you are feeling better today...right back on track!! Way to go! Scales are for fish..we dont need em anyway right! LOL! Let us know how the muffins go, those shouldnt be too sweet right? Thats what I'm looking for!

Have a GREAT afternoon girls!! Be good! I'll be checking on you!

Holly2
02-21-2006, 07:36 PM
Yeah, more time to post!

Well, I learned yesterday (something I have to keep re-learning..lol) that it's very difficult to make up for the previous day's mistakes by eating less. I ate too much chocolate on Sunday, so Monday I was trying to eat less. Well, the minimal snacking in the morning and afternoon led to too much snacking in the evening.

However, today has been good and I've been reminded once again to just start fresh, don't try to "make up" for the mistakes. Perhaps a little more movement, but for me, cutting the calories earlier in the day leads to another whoops at night.

But, no biggie. It's been an "on plan" day today. No cheating or making up for cheating like Sunday and Monday. I have to remember, though, that I still ate far less calories those days than I would have if I wasn't being concious of my intake. I have a little calorie counter permanantly installed in my brain now, I think! lol

Cheers! :hat:

Hun.e.B
02-21-2006, 07:42 PM
Nope, you gotta just put the past behind you and move on. whats done is done it cant be undone. You are doing GREAT Holly, and I'm so glad that today has been a good day! Keep it up!! Have a wonderful night!

desertdreamer
02-21-2006, 10:13 PM
Hello Hello Girlies! It's been a long day, but a good one. It looks like you all have done very well today too! Yay us!!

SJ,(hope you don't mind me callin ya that--I'm old, I can't remember names well! lol) I am thrilled to see you are having such a good day today. We all have those moments where we all wanna dive head first into a pint of Ben & Jerry's, trust me! The key here is you got right back on and kept going with your plan. This is the biggest hurdle that we seem to fail at most of the time, and you did it! WTG! Hope the rest of your day was as successful, you can do this!

Holly, you learned a pretty good lesson there, didnt ya? ;) Having all the positive self talk is so important and I think will almost guarantee success. We never really pay attention to what we tell ourselves and then one day we decide to really listen and it's so shocking. Today is all you can focus on, all you have control of, you are in charge! Good for you for reminding yourself of that and forging ahead to have a successful day!!

Melissa, welcome! It's so great to have you here with us. You are doing a fantastic job already, woo hoo! You are definitely on the road to goal, I bet you can't wait. Did you lose all your weight with Slim Fast or are you just looking to switch things up? A couple of us here lost huge with SF a couple years back and had amazing success. Unfortunately I don't think we learned the "rules" well enough :lol: and have had to restart. But, we've learned alot and have very renewed spirit! Hang in there sweetie, you're in the home stretch!! Hope to see you here often, this is a great bunch of girls. :)

Hope I didn't forget anyone, I'm tired and my brain is mush right now. :dizzy: I apologize if I did! I had a great day on plan with everything, food, water, exercise...yayayayay!
I can't believe that we're already looking at mid-week already, where did last weekend go! Sheesh! Before you know it, shorts weather will be here, yikes!
One giant reminder that I wanna keep working hard so I can wear shorts w/out being embarrassed this season, and living in the desert you definitely wanna wear shorts! LOL This weekend we're going into mid-80's weather and it's only gonna get warmer as the next month progresses, gonna be a long summer here.

I couldn't find any strawberry powder today, I was quite sad. :( I was really looking forward to it, but Wal Mart nor Target had any. I was lucky to find what little I did, they both seemed to be out of stock on lots of stuff. Very strange!

Have a super evening ladies, I will check in in the a.m.!!

teresa3607
02-22-2006, 08:25 AM
Today is my first day doing slimfast and I'd be interested in learning more on how the rest of you are working the plan. I have 188 lbs. to lose to reach a good, healthy weight.

I'll try to post more from work (don't tell anyone!) and read a little bit more in this thread. I sometimes find them very hard to follow and to find the ones I want to participate in!! But then, I've been a member of 3FC for under a week!

Have a great day everyone!

Teresa

Hun.e.B
02-22-2006, 11:07 AM
Hello Teresa!! Welcome! good luck today on your first day!! You can do this!! If you read up through this thread you'll see how I work my plan, but if you have any questions I'd be more than happy to answer them. I really hope you keep posting with us! Today is going to be a GREAT day!! Be strong! Take the control! You are in charge!

Have a great morning everyone! I'll be back to check on you after classes and my workout!!

~melissa

PrincessMeme
02-22-2006, 12:18 PM
I feel so welcome here...Yesterday I did pretty okay.

Desertdreamer- I didn't lose the previous weight with slim fast..it just seems harder to get past 175 so I'm just changing it up a little bit. Yes I noticed that you all are great motivators..and I'm here for the long run to motivate you too.

sjdphc- I'm originally from Miami...and currently am 6hrs away in Tallahassee for school..this is my last semester. Which part of Florida are you moving to?

Holly2- The high protein shake are different from the optima line..I prefer it because it's much thicker and creamier than the optima line..the only difference is that it has 5gram more protein. Plus it keeps me fuller longer. It just recently came out(more expensive)..therefore you get two less cans compare to the optima for the same price.

desertdreamer
02-22-2006, 01:55 PM
Hello to my favorite bunch! How's everyone holding up today? I know you're all doing super and being good, right? ;)

Welcome Teresa! Great to have you with us here. Yeah, the site is a bit overwhelming but gets alot easier when you get used to it. One thing I find helpful, for the threads that I know I want to read everyday, I suscribe to them and then when I log in just go to the user control panel and they're right there. You'll get the hang of it, if I can anybody can. I'm so computer dumb it's sad! :lol: The plan is a wonderful way to lose weight, I know you will succeed. The beauty of it is you make it work to fit your life. Have you been to the slim fast site? I hope you are going by weight specific suggestions, you'll get the correct way to have your meals, and also a suggested amount of calories to lose on. I get around 1600 calories and I just break it up to almost even amounts except lunch tends to be a tad larger since that's when I get hungrier, so I just omit one less snack. I lost about 75 pounds on this plan a few years back and loved it. Like most, I didn't stick to my healthy lifestyle and regained it. I'm back though excited and ready to lose it for good after yo-yo'ing for the last couple years w/ other plans. this is just something that's easy to do and structured enough to keep me from going bonkers with food. Work the plan, exercise, and drink your water and you will get to where you want to be, I know it. Best wishes on your journey, I wish you nothing but success!

Princess, so glad you're doing the plan with us. It's good to change things up, I know you'll like doing this. Major congrat's on such great stats already! :high: Keep posting!

Melissa, hey chicky. Hope school's treating you okay. You didnt say if you were gonna go to the gym afterwards, hope no meanie skinny girls steal your bike from you today! ;)

SJ, Holly, hope you're both having a super Wednesday!

Moi, hello? I hope life is just keeping you busy and you're still hanging in there. Come by when you can!

I'm having a great day so far. Did an exerball workout this morning that really kicked my arse. Sheesh! I do love doing them though because I don't feel the pressure in my neck and knees so I know I'm really pushing those muscles. Cardio workout is next in a bit, I needed to recover first! :lol:

To all you lovely new ladies, I'm so glad you decided to join in and post with us. Strength in numbers I tell ya! Anyone who's lurking, c'mon out and jump in here, the more the merrier. Together we can reach our goals with support and motivation for eachother. Keep up the the work you are all doing, nothing can stop you now, goal is waiting for you! :cheer:

teresa3607
02-22-2006, 02:22 PM
Thank you for the welcome, Hun! I am trying to be excited, but it is difficult to stay that way. I have realized that I am now going to be hungry at all times. I just have to put it out of my mind. My birthday is next week (March 5), so if I can lose a pound by then, I will be happy. I guess that is my first goal.

teresa3607
02-22-2006, 02:47 PM
Thank you for that warm welcome, Danielle! I am so impressed with the wonderful people on this site. Everyone is so friendly and encouraging.

I am signed up at the SlimFast site (Momof3brats) and I'm trying the "Optima" plan. So far, so good. I had started my diet just counting calories, but I find that I need more structure. My doctor wanted to put me on Optifast, but it just costs too darn much!! So he said, well, you can do it by drinking two slim fast and eating a Lean Cuisine at night. So that's what I'm doing. I did add three snacks per day, but I am keeping those under 100 calories each. So far today, I am not doing too bad. Had my shake for breakfast and a granola bar for snack. I will leave for lunch in just a few minutes.

I haven't even thought about exercise yet. Right now, just exercising my will-power is about all I think I can handle! I do know that I will have to do begin a program soon, but I am trying to get used to the different way of eating, first.

I look forward to getting to know all of you. I have subscribed to the thread, so hopefully I will be able to read up and stay in contact with everyone. I hope to be as motivated as the rest of you in time!!

Teresa

desertdreamer
02-22-2006, 03:30 PM
Teresa, you are on the right track. Make sure you get in all your snacks and also have additional calories with your lunch slimfast product so you get your meal combination. That way you wont get the hungers too soon! The "old" way slimfast used to be was the 2 slimfast products at brekkie & lunch & the sensible dinner-- that's how it was when I did it. Now they've changed it alittle bit to add that meal combo and the extra snacks for us "bigger" people! :lol: I make sure I get those snacks too! It's alot better this way, ensures that we don't go hungry and know that we are still working the plan.

Exercise is a hard thing to get used to, especially when you're not used to doing any. That was me! I found every excuse in the book to not do it, and all it did was keep me from reaching my goals. I totally understand about wanting to get the food under control first, I did that too. One thing at a time, baby steps, this isn't a race. You'll know when you're ready and then you'll really look forward to it once you get it going. Never in a million years did I think I'd actually look forward to getting up to workout! :yikes:
It makes me feel good mentally, and sleep is so much better.

IMO weightloss is 99% mental, if you tell yourself you CAN do this, you WILL!! I know you will too! :) You want this alot, I can tell, keep striving to be good to yourself and the rest will follow.

Hun.e.B
02-22-2006, 04:51 PM
Princessmeme...way to go yesterday girl!! Keep it up!

Danielle...no I didnt go to the gym, I've decided I'm just gonna do those biggest loser workouts this week and when I'm ready to tackle the gym again I will. Otherwise I'm just stressing myself out over it. It'll come back, for now I'll stick to bob! And if I do go to the gym..it'll all be gravy!....mmm gravy! LOL! way to go on those workouts woman!! You rock!! Cant wait till we can both be elipticaling<<<is that a word? LOL!

Teresa!..so great to see you again! You dont have to be hungry all day! Thats not a way to live. Its just about picking the right kinds of foods that make you feel full longer, like high fiber and proteins. How many calories are you doing? My calorie goal for the day is 1700 calories...yes its possible to eat that much and lose, I lost 4 lbs last week doing it! Another big thing is to eat every couple of hours. You dont have to be hungry! The better you feel the better you'll do! Hunger just leads to cheats! And if you arent eating enough for your body to function your energy levels are going to be way low so you wont want to exercise. Plus you wont lose! You can lose that lb by your birthday! I know you can, and I'll be right there with you every step of the way!! My daughters birthday is the 4th! You can do this Teresa! And it doesnt have to hurt in the mean time!!

I managed to get in another workout today...yay me again! LOL! Eating has been great but i did treat myself to an iced mocha today. I looked it up and its only 180 calories so not terrible. We'll see how I feel after dinner, maybe I can skip my evening snack to make up the calories...we'll see, if not no biggie!

Hows your day going? I hope its fantastic! Be good!

2muchbackend
02-22-2006, 06:39 PM
Hi all I'm back on track trying to stick with the plan. I worked out today did the bike but good start. And so far so good with the plan.

Hun.e.B
02-22-2006, 06:44 PM
Welcome back!! You are doing great today! Keep it up! Way to go on that workout!! We can do this...one day at a time!!

~melissa

desertdreamer
02-22-2006, 07:34 PM
Welcome back! You can do this. You're doing great, keep it up!

danielle

desertdreamer
02-22-2006, 07:37 PM
Melissa, I think your idea for working out this week is a good one. I know you will get back to what you were doing before in no time. Great idea just sticking with Bob, he's so easy to look at too! LOL Good for you for getting started again. I cannot wait to be elipitacling ( I like that word. heehee), it beats getting a sore hiney on that dumb bike!

PrincessMeme
02-23-2006, 10:53 AM
I did very well yesterday despite the temptation that my bf brought home(chinese food). He called me to let me know so I made sure I ate my chicken breast along with my trusted high protein slimfast...it was very fulling thank you. So when he came along with the egg rolls, lo mein, and chicken wings...I was so full that I didn't have any craving for it. Other than that today is a new day...officially my third day on slimfast..I can't wait to weigh in on Tuesday morning. Hopefully I'm down at least 2lbs...I'll be happy for 1lb even.

Oh yesterday I did the Billy Blanks Botcamp workout and later on in the afternoon my friend invited me to climb the bleachers with her at our school's football stadium.......Trust me that was a great workout..I plan on doing it again this weekend(great workout for glutes, quads, basically all my lower body problem). I was suppose to do my 3mile jog this morning but I was so tired I decided to sleep in..I'll try in see if I could squeeze it in today..I don't know we'll see.

Hope all is well with every one. Keep it up! We can do it!
I'll check in later after class and work study.:)

teresa3607
02-23-2006, 11:01 AM
Hubby and I both had a hard time yesterday, but i think we are making it too difficult on ourselves. I think that our calories are too restrictive, trying to stay at 1200 right now. That leaves us hungry at all times, even right after we eat.

As soon as we have a few days of good weather, I will start trying to walk daily. i'd like to walk early in the morning, then again in the afternoon. At least, that is my goal.

I'm on my way to a job interview, so I am keeping my fingers crossed on that. I am not certain that they will be able to meet my current salary, though, but I will see. I have it in my head that no one will hire me because of my size right now.

PrincessMeme
02-23-2006, 12:08 PM
Just had to quickly comment on my way to work:
Hey Teresa....I believe your caloric intake is too restrictive...Personally I take in 1560 calories in per day...and I'm never hungry. Do not starve yourself(1200 caloire is starvation). If you're hungry eat just be careful what you're eating. If you choose healthy choices you'll always feel full..fill up on some fiber(fruits, veggies) and lean proteins. Good luck and yes you can do it, we're here for you.:)

Holly2
02-23-2006, 12:09 PM
I just have minute, but I wanted to stop by while I'm drinking my breakfast/snack combo of a blended up strawberry/banana shake. Yum-my!

Yesterday, was a bit hectic, but OK.

Today should be a good, productive day. I've got a lot to keep me busy at home, but I need to go to the grocery store to pick some more healthy fixings. I want to price the Slim Fast high protein shakes.

Good luck on your job interview teresa!!! I hope it all goes smoothly. If you're meant to have it, you will. Don't think about your weight while getting interviewed, it's not an issue. However, I do feel like you should increase your caloric intake. I forget how much you weigh at the moment, but I bet you should be eating at least 1,800 to 2,000 a day to lose and not slow down your metabolism. I don't want you to be hungry all day! No fun!!!

I'm wishing you all a slimming day - FAST! lol

Hun.e.B
02-23-2006, 12:25 PM
Oh chinese food!! YUM! thats stuff is dangerous around me especially that lo mein! Way to go to you for avoiding it! And an even bigger way to go to your bf for warning you so you could prepare! He gets a gold star from me!! Great job on those workouts too...girl you are just cruisin arent you!! Excellent! Keep it up I bet you will see very good things on the scale come tuesday!! I'm a student too, whats your major? Mines business administration-accounting and psychology. I could have a minor in health and human performance too but i changed majors.

Teresa, in my opinion 1200 calories is way way too low, you are just asking for trouble when you keep yourself hungry like that all day long. Have you used one of the calorie calculators yet? Just to see what your body needs to maintain then subtract 500-1000 from that to lose weight. Mine tells me about 2700 calories so I eat 1700. Theres no need to go hungry you can still lose! I've got my fingers crossed for that job!! Good luck!

Holly...I really want that strawberry powder darn it! LOL!! Keep up the good work girl!!

Okay off to class, I'll check back with you later! Have a wonderful day everyone!

sjdphc
02-23-2006, 12:41 PM
Good morning ladies! This is turning out to be a bad week! I honestly think that not going to the gym on Monday set the tone for the entire week! I have been so lazy and not following the plan to well. I'm learning that I have too many trigger foods. Tuesday, I was craving Ritz crackers. So, I went and bought the reduced-fat Ritz. I made a snack of 5 Ritz, 5 pepperoni slices, and a low-calorie cheese stick and I was fine. The next day I nearly ate the rest of the roll of crackers! Yesterday, I was on a Ritz cracker/peanut butter/jelly kick! I'm getting tired of letting food control me! My every waking moment is spent thinking about food! And it's not that I'm hungry. It's because it's there! I really want to look good when I pick my husband up from the airport in 11 days, but I think I've just sabotaged all of my success.

Teresa, good luck on your job interview! :goodluck:

PrincessMeMe, I'm moving to Panama City. Have you ever been there? If so, what's it like?

To everyone, thanks for being so supportive! I really love this thread! Sorry I've been such a downer lately! Everyone keep up the good work! I can't believe how fast this is going by! Enjoy your Thursday! Take care!

desertdreamer
02-23-2006, 12:43 PM
Good Morning Slimfasters!!

It's wonderful to see you all this morning. Can ya believe tomorrow's Friday?!
I finished out yesterday great, I was under quite a bit on calories just wasn't hungry I guess. Got in about 2hrs of exercise and all my water!
My DD asked me last night if I was losing my fluff. LOL She was so serious about it too, I couldn't help but giggle. My kids are so proud of me, they say they see changes already and that keeps giving me the incentive to keep going. Whenever I'm riding my bike, I always get two thumbs up from my son, he's just thrilled to see my working out. I want my kids to be healthy and know about eating right and exercising. I never want them to go thru life being overweight or having issues with food, like I have.

Melissa (Princess), way to go on skipping that chinese. You held fast to eating right and it will reward you! The bleacher workout sounds perfect for working those areas us women hate. LOL I hope you get 3mile run in today, you'll be glad you did!

Teresa, best wishes on your job interview! Let us know how it went. I would not even worry about your weight being an issue, it's the talent that you possess that will get you the job! Like Holly said, if it's meant to be, it'll happen. Woman, ya need to eat!! 1200 calories is wayyyyy too little to feel full or satisfied on. I'm at around 1600 to lose and I find it's just right for me.
Try boosting your calories up and see if that doesn't get you feeling better.
Dh needs to be even higher in calories so he can lose right too. Keep those furnaces burning!! Your idea for a walk sounds great! Morning walks outside are so relaxing to me, and keeps you from getting bored. Be sure and share when you get it done, you can do it!!

Holly- I'm so jealous of your strawberry shake mix. LOL I can't find it anywhere at the moment. Hoping for better results next week.
High protein SF here is actually priced lower than the Optima products, so that's encouraging news. I hope you find what you want.

SJ, where are ya hon? We miss you.

Moi, did we lose you somewhere? Come back! :)

2Much, how ya doing today? Got anymore bike rides planned? Hope to hear good things from you today!

Ladies, have a fabulous Thursday. Keep shining, keep reaching, you can do this, you deserve this!

desertdreamer
02-23-2006, 12:52 PM
Sj, there ya are! We were posting at the same time I guess. Lady, keep that chin up and keep going! You've made wonderful progress so far, you can't stop now. So ya had a few days of off eating, big deal! You can get past this and move on, I know you can. DH will be thrilled to see you no matter how you look, but you knew that already. He will love the fact that you are making this effort to get healthy to start having a family. Give yourself a hug today and remember all the good you've done! Hey, you're not a downer at all, that's what we're here for sweets. Celebrate the success, support when you're struggling, that's the name of this game baby!! CHIN UP!
BTW, I can't be left alone in a room with PB&J so don't feel bad! LOL

Melissa, there ya are! You never told me you changed to business administration. Or psychology for that matter! LOL Obviously all the classes you've told me about didn't register in my pea brain. DUH!
Have a stellar day chica!

Holly2
02-23-2006, 01:56 PM
:hun: Did someone say Chinese? LOL

Hun, have an excellent day in class. I got my business degree last June and now I'm becoming a registerd dietician. It'a a long road, though. I ignored science for many years (as many Biz majors do...lol), but I've been interested in health for a long time. Hubby encouraged me to follow my dream. The BA in Business will back any endeavor I choose (econ minor...nerd alert! lol). :write:

sj, I know what you mean about food. I think about it a lot too. I've linked snacking with comfort in my mind for too many years. It's a hard habit to break. But break it, you will! I bet you're so excited to see hubby soon. Mine went on a 5 week business trip last fall and it seemed like forever.

desert, it's Friday! Eeekk! :yikes: You're right! Holy Moly, almost weigh in day. My eating week has not been going as planned, but it's been OK. Oh well, finish strong! Next week will be coming again soon! :) I'll just keep enjoying my STRAWBERRY powder! lol...it's not THAT great, I don't want you to be too jealous. :lol:

Happy Thursday!

desertdreamer
02-23-2006, 02:09 PM
LOL, you and Melissa flip-flopped majors. Too funny! It's great that dh is supportive of you achieving your dreams. He's a keeper!
I'm still gonna be jeaous of your stawberry shakes just because I want it (insert whine here) and I can't have it. :tantrum: That's the spirit, finish out the end of the week strong! The new week will let you begin fresh, slate wiped clean to see you reach success.

danielle

PrincessMeme
02-23-2006, 02:22 PM
I'm at work right now and guess what there's cake, fried chicken, biscuit, and all the good stuff. Pray for me to stay strong!

desertdreamer
02-23-2006, 02:28 PM
Sending <<<<<stay strong vibes>>>>> your way!! Remember, all that stuff won't get you closer to your goal. You WANT to get to 150 right? Think of all the hard work you've done to get to where you are right now. Stay strong and eat healthy. You CAN do this!!!

Moi
02-23-2006, 02:49 PM
I'm at work right now and guess what there's cake, fried chicken, biscuit, and all the good stuff. Pray for me to stay strong!

Hi Princess! I gotta tell you from experience, if you avoid all that stuff, when you get home tonight you're gonna feel soooooo good about yourself just for saying NO! Further up the thread I promised y'all I would say "No thank you" if the wrong stuff made it's way into my house this week (when last week I just ate it without thinking)... well, lo and behold it never fails but a couple times already husband brings home some suprises that certainly wasn't on my agenda for the day, and I DID IT! I said "No thank you"... well, Princess, the feeling afterwards was so good, I am so proud of myself and it makes me feel like I can keep going on eating healthier and healthier! It just made each next time that something came up much easier to say NO and feeling more positive about it!

You'll feel muuuuuch better later for passing up this garbage!! Come back tomorrow and tell me I'm right! :D

Thanks Danielle, I know I haven't been posting much, sorry... so hard to keep up... I just can't post all the time... but so nice of you to think of me this way!

Ladies, you are all doing so great, keep it up! I'm not posting much right now but the positive vibes are great and stuff you've posted about yourselves I've taken in and have made a difference for me too!

Welcome to all the new joiners!

Moi

Holly2
02-23-2006, 03:18 PM
PrincessMeme, think of some way to reward yourself this evening from staying away from all those awful foods! A bubble bath, quiet time reading or on the computer, a nice fruit snack while watching your favorite TV show...something.

You can feel nice and smug right now for passing up those fatty foods while others eat away! :snooty: Good for you!!

PrincessMeme
02-23-2006, 04:01 PM
Okay I cheated just a little..I had a forkful of the red velvet cake with creamcheese icing. I let that biteful marinate in my mouth. Other than I resisted. I received your strong vibes...thanks guys!

Hun.e.B
02-23-2006, 04:30 PM
sjdphc...you arent a downer hun! We all go through these spots. And you are right its so easy to let one little thing snowball into a huge thing! but the good news is you can turn it around. I'd say throw those darn crackers away!! It could be you were being too restrictive too, that tends to get your energy levels down so much and then you miss the gym and then you get lazy on your meal choices...its a rollercoaster I know, I've been there many many times. But you are in control girl! Take it back! the only sabatoge is giving up! Make the rest of today a great day! I know you can do it!! Be strong...you deserve it!!

Danielle...woman you are my hero!! Losing the fluff...I LOVE that!! I want to lose my fluff too! LOL! Way to go today lady! 2 hours...you rock!! I'm so very proud of you girl! Keep up the good work! You are setting such an amazing example for your kids!

Holly....when I started out at the university it was to be a registered dietician, I got 2 years in and found out...oh our university doesnt have an RD program you gotta move to the state university to get that, which I'm not willing to do. So I switched. I did get in alot of amazing courses though that I'm so glad I took even if they no longer count for my major. Econ minor huh....got a big exam in macro tomorrow! AH! LOL!

Moi....well there you are!! I was just gonna ask where you'd gotten off at! So good to see you! Dont be a stranger we miss you too much!

Princess....well, it coulda been a whole lot worse!! I'd have to say you did pretty darn fantastic! Think of what you might have eaten before. You tasted and moved on! Way to go!! Remember how good it makes you feel to stay in control so the next time all that icky stuff is around you can ride that success wave!!

Its one of those tired days for me, but I forced myself to workout even though I didnt want to...a big victory in my book! I'm about to get my lunch and have a great rest of the day!! Keep up the good work everyone! You motivate me to be the best me I can be!!

~melissa

PrincessMeme
02-23-2006, 10:48 PM
Melissa- to answer your question quickly I was previously a Biology/Pre-Med major than switched to Exercise Physiology....after graduating this semester I'll be attending an accelerated nursing program in Philly to get another Bachelor. I really want to be in the furture a personal trainer on the side. But my primary interest is get my masters in Nurse Midwifery and opening my own birthing center. That basically wraps up my educational goals.

I'm so happy that I made it thru those temptations and yes if it was a couple of months ago I would have delved and literally feel like crap afterwards wondering why my new jeans don't fit. Thanks again guys for keeping me focus.:) 3days down...a new day tommorrow. Oh I didn't get to fit in my 3mile today my legs are really sore from the stadium climb. But I will be tackling at least a mile to let my leg recover.

Until next time goodnight..much love.

desertdreamer
02-24-2006, 01:26 PM
Happy Friday gang! How's everyone today? I'm hanging in there, just glad it's Friday. For some reason I am way tired this morning, but I still did my workout. :carrot:

Melissa, I'm so glad that you were able to taste and move on with the cake. Nothing wrong with a little nibble and move on. Now for me, that would be a recipe for disaster, but it definitely works for some people! :lol:
Ya gotta keep those new jeans fitting right!

Girls, hope to see you here some time today! BTW, Moi, glad to see you here! I know life keeps ya busy, thanks for popping in and telling us hello.

I'll be back later, time for a snack! :hungry:

Holly2
02-24-2006, 04:09 PM
Good Friday Afternoon!

I'm still plugging along! Feeling very positive today! I haven't weighed myself the last several days, due to my oops moments here and there this week. But, like I said yesterday, I'm finishing strong and have high hopes for the next round. I am, however, curious to find out what my weight is Sunday morning. We shall see!

Happy Day! :bubbles:

Hun.e.B
02-24-2006, 04:09 PM
where did everyone go!? Got awfully quiet here today! LOL

danielle way to go on another great workout lady!! Keep it up!

I just did mine as well, 4 days straight...I think I'm back on track..I hope anyway!

Alright, I'm off to have some lunch then make the dreaded trip to the store, I hate that place!!! But cant be avoided! Whats for dinner tonight everyone? I'm not sure yet just looking for ideas LOL! Have a great weekend!

Hun.e.B
02-24-2006, 04:10 PM
LOL Holly we posted a the same time!! Great to see you girl!! You are doing great!! Stay strong girl, have more good moments that ooops and it'll all work out in your favor in the end!!

Holly2
02-24-2006, 04:44 PM
How funny! We're on the same wave length today, Hun!

Yes, I'm balancing my "oops" moments out with "yippee! :cb: " moments. lol More good than bad I hope. :)

I'm making potato soup tonight and will have salad with it. I might put a little meat in the soup for protein.

Have fun shopping! I think I'll probably be back at the grocery store tomorrow for more produce. I like shopping just once a week, but I sure hate throwing fruit and veggies away when they spoil. So, I'll make an early trip tomorrow before the rush. :dizzy:

Hun.e.B
02-24-2006, 06:20 PM
Oh I like that.."YIPPEE" moments! I'm planning on making this weekend full of YIPPEE moments!

I love potato soup! I bet a lil ham or chicken would be great! I think we might make our own pizzas tonight. I'm gonna do mine on a whole wheat pita instead of the crust. Might put me a lil over on calories but the girls have been asking to do this for awhile and i dont wanna be left out!

Keep on fighting slimfasters! We are worth it!

~melissa

sjdphc
02-24-2006, 09:40 PM
Hi everyone! Just wanted to check in! Can't believe it's already Friday! Not much to report. Today's eating was better. I'm having a huge salad and grilled fish for dinner. I hope everyone has a good, safe weekend! Take care!

PrincessMeme
02-24-2006, 11:47 PM
Checking in ...I completed 3 miles today! I power walked the first mile and jogged the second one...IThe last one I half walked and jogged. I'm so happy I completed it..eating was okay. A new day tommorrow..I'll be going to the kickboxing class...that should be fun. Keep up the workout guys and that potato soup sounds real good...I might switch it up with sweet potatoes. I'll let you know how my concoction ends up. Goodnight everyoone.:)

desertdreamer
02-25-2006, 11:48 AM
Good Morning Slimfasters! Are you all ready to make this a weekend full of "yippee moments"??? I know I am!

Holly, how was your soup? Hope it was yummy.

Sj, good to see you hon. Keep it up girly, you're doing great!

Princess, GREAT job on those 3 miles!!! Absolutely fabulous effort. You are doing amazing with that exercise, goal here you come!

Melissa, hey lady, get that workout in yet? heehee I know you wanna see that mini goal so bad you can taste it! You'll do it, I know you will. So great to see you so motivated to keep reaching those goals!

Weather here will be in the mid-80's this weekend so lookin to take the kids out & about today. Much as I didn't really wanna go anywhere and just be a couch potato, my children have other ideas. Probably just as good anyways, keeps my butt moving. :lol: First of all, gotta get in one workout before we go, that's my first goal of the day. Any one have specific goals for today? Plan related or otherwise? Another goal is to get my closet cleaned out, can't find anything in there. Problem with walk-in closets, everything gets put in there and then never to be seen again! :D I'll probably find stuff in there from Xmas--gifts I bought for the kids and forgot all about. Too bad I couldn't find a bag of money in there! lol Plan wise, I want to get in 2 more small workouts at some point, weight & strength training. Really wanna turn it up and get something happening!

Ladies, have a fabulous day and keep shining bright! Make the most of today and make lots of yippee moments happen and come back and share.

Be good to you!

hugs,
danielle

Hun.e.B
02-25-2006, 02:34 PM
sjdphc...Way to go on a better day today!! Keep those up!! I hope you have a fantastic weekend! Be strong!

Princess....awesome job yesterday girl!! Wow, i'm so impressed! You are kicking butt on that exercise, way to go!! How'd the kickboxing go? And how did dinner turn out! I hope you have another wonderful day today!!

Danielle....LOL...I'm on my way to the gym! Just had to check in and get the launry started. I hope you have a great day out and about with the kiddos! You are doing the same as me...keeping busy so I be good! Plus all that cleaning is burning calories too! I hope today is another fantastic day for you!! This will be the best weekend ever! Oh before I forget...remember that dressing I was EWWWing about yesterday. It turns out to be really good! LOL! It was like ceasar dressing, I really enjoyed it. Looking forward to another salad today! LOL!

I had a fantastic day yesterday! Got my workout in. Drank all my water and then some. We made our own pizzas for dinner and mine was SO good!! And i was well within my calorie alotment for the day. I even got to put pepperoni on my pizza! LOL! Last night instead of sitting on the couch watching TV I rearranged and cleaned out my bedroom! I'm looking forward to another great night tonight!! I hope you all have one too! Be strong! We can do this!!

~melissa

desertdreamer
02-25-2006, 03:07 PM
Melissa, yes I am definitely going to be keeping busy this weekend! Wanna make it a good week so hopefully I'll see something positive on ESM!

I'm glad you enjoyed your salad dressing. LOL You crack me up! At least now it's not going to end up in the trash bin. I hate when I buy stuff thinking it's going to be yummy and it turns out to be icky.

Enjoy that gym! I have done an hour on the bike and the ball workout. Phew!
I hope to get in BL later this evening. Can't disappoint Bob now can we? lol

Alrighty, well now it's time for lunch and then get my butt ready to head out.
I'll check in with ya'll later!

Here's to a fabulous Saturday! :cheers:

danielle

Holly2
02-26-2006, 01:23 PM
Just a quick check-in before church. I had no change in the scales this week. It's OK, though. I know how to remedy the problem...I need to get more diciplined on eating and exercises. A few less "oops" moments would be good too. ;)

Hubby bought be the The Biggest Loser workout DVD yesterday (he knew I wanted it). I did the low intensity cardio routine this morning. Boy, were my quads a burnin'! Good stuff!

It's been a nice morning, time for me to get cleaned up. :)

Hun.e.B
02-26-2006, 03:13 PM
Good afternoon all! Hows the weekend going for you? Its been the best ever for me, I wanted to cave and be bad last night, sure had that head talk going on trying to justify it, but in the end I won!! No cheats for me..only yippee moments!!

Danielle...I'm so glad I can make you laugh, you do know a good laugh burns calories right? LOL! Excellent job this weekend lady!! I'm so proud of you!! I'm about to tell bob he can up me to #2...thats my goal for the week anyway. think I'm ready? LOL!

Holly....you are gonna love that workout!! Its my favorite dvd ever!! Bob is my boyfriend! LOL...although i allow him to cheat with danielle, and I suppose we'll share with you too LOL! Are you going to do the 6 week program or just mix it up? I'm going to try #2 tomorrow..wish me luck! LOL!

I hope you all have a wonderful day today!! 3 more day to see if I meet my 2 month goal!!

Holly2
02-26-2006, 05:52 PM
Hmmm...I'm having a little trouble posting here today, but that's OK. I'll take it as a sign to get off my butt and do something active!

Everything has been going on plan today, which always makes me happy.

Hun, I'll be "going out" with Bob for the whole 6 week program that is laid out on the DVD. LOL I may add in some cardio here and there, though.

I can't have much real candy, but this means some heart-healthy eye candy six days a week! WooHoo!!

Hun.e.B
02-26-2006, 06:42 PM
Oh bob is definetly good for the candy factor!! Especially during cooldown! LOL!

PrincessMeme
02-26-2006, 06:50 PM
AAAAAaaaaaaaHHH! (screaming with delight) I just got off the scale and I'm down 3lbs....whoohoo......go slim fast!!! I'm so freaking excited I've never been 172 in my adult life. whooohoooo! Just wanted to let you guys know. You've all been great supporters especially thru my temptations! Thanks!:)

Hun.e.B
02-26-2006, 07:19 PM
Oh Melissa I am so EXCITED for you!!! Way to go girl!! All that hard work it all paid off! WOOOHOOO!!! Keep it up girl I see all kinds of new and healthy things coming your way!! That 10K will be a piece of cake in your new svelt body!! Way to go!!!

Holly2
02-26-2006, 08:09 PM
Great Job Melissa!!!!! :woo: I bet you're just walking on air today! You've inspired me as well! I love hearing about other's success, it makes me want to keep on truckin' too!

Here's to Slim Fast! :hat:

desertdreamer
02-26-2006, 11:39 PM
Good evening ladies! Getting a late start to the board tonight. Felt like doing absolutely nada today so I didnt. :lol: I did do my workout and ate right, but other than laundry, that is the extent of my day. Woo hoo! :D

Melissa, I can always count on you to make me laugh. Lately I've been lucky and you haven't caught me with water in my mouth to shoot thru my nose! :rofl: Usually you say something and catch me off guard and out it goes! I've been lucky lately, hmmm must mean it's coming up soon. Gonna have to break out the rainslicker whenever I talk to you.

Holly, I see you've found "Bob". Isn't he yummy? He's so goofy-dorky that it's adorable. Definitely makes it easy to want to work out everyday that's for sure! yeah, I guess, if Melissa's willing to share him, then I guess I can too.
He never said he was a one woman man, now did he?! :love: Dh teases me and tells me had he known I was going to flirt with the tv every day he'd have never bought me the dvd! HA! Glad today was a winner for ya, tomorrow will be more of the same. Go you!

Melissa (princess), WTG on the weight loss! :cheer: That is totally fabulous!
I'm so proud of you, I knew you could do it. See, now tell me that giving up all that icky food at work this week wasn't worth it! :carrot: Think of that everytime you feel tempted to cheat, you won't want to cause winning tastes alot better than gaining weight! Good for you!!!

To all our other slimfasting sisters, I hope you had a great weekend and are ready to tackle another week with us here. I am looking forward to it, it means another week closer to goal. Woowee!!

Stay strong ladies! We can do this!!!

P.s. I did weigh in on Friday and I am up 1 pound. Booooo hisssssssss!
At first I was just plain depressed about it(I won't lie to ya gals), but then I just got good and pissed off :devil: and more determined to kick that scale's a$$ come next week.

I will try and get with ya'll first thing in the morning, if not later in the evening. Make tomorrow the best!

Hun.e.B
02-27-2006, 10:54 AM
Good Monday Morning Slimfasters!!! How did the weekend fair for you all? It was my best weekend in a long long time! I stuck to plan all weekend. i didnt exercise but i adjusted my calories to account for that and I made it through! Even got to show a 1.5 lb loss today. Like Danielle I somehow found a pound last friday but its gone now and took half on one of its friends with it!! I was thinking I had till the 1st to get down to 230 to meet my 20 lbs goal but I actually have till March 3rd. A little breathing room for that last 3 lbs. I'm going for it!!

I'm off to class! I hope you all have a FANTASTIC day today!! Be good! Be strong!! make it a day worth counting!! We can do this!! I'll check on you all later!
~melissa

PrincessMeme
02-27-2006, 11:41 AM
Hello Everyone!!!
Congrats Melissa!!!! 1.5 pouns is awwwweesome!:)

Yes it's another day..just completed my 45 minute circuit training at the gym so that's crossed off my list. The next thing is to account for is my eating for the rest of the day.

We can do it!!!!:)

Hun.e.B
02-27-2006, 03:42 PM
Hows it going so far melissa? I'm just about to go do my workout and have some lunch! Then its off to the grocery store again, oh how I hate that place! A necessary evil though! Be strong everyone!!

~melissa

teresa3607
02-27-2006, 04:25 PM
Today was my first weigh-in (no scales at home, so I have to go to my Dr. office) and I've lost 2.6 lbs! That means I met my first ever goal of losing 1 lb by my birthday. I am so excited!!

How do I learn to set realistic, short-term goals for myself? I'd like to set goals that are not going to set me up for failure, but will keep me motivated to stay on my diet.

Hun.e.B
02-27-2006, 04:56 PM
Way to go teresa!! that is awesome!!! Excellent work girl! I'm so very very happy for you! As far as setting goals you are right in not setting yourself up for failure. The general "rule" is to lose 1 to 2 lbs per week. Thats generally my guideline for setting my goals. I go for 2 a week though...just to push myself. what I really want to do is to lose 10 lbs a month, thats a little more than 2 a weeks but thats okay, I'm coming as close as I possibly can and knowing I'm so close makes me work that harder which is the idea behind setting a goal.

so start small...my big goal is to get to onederland I'm hoping that happens by May 1, that would be 10 lbs a month. We are coming up to the first of the month...go for 10 lbs! You can do it! I'll be right there with you! Strength in numbers!!

I hope that helps a little!

PrincessMeme
02-27-2006, 09:30 PM
Hey Teresa! Congratulations on meeting your first goal! Reinforcing what Melissa said....tackle your weightloss by 10lb increments b/c I know it's already seem hard taking the steps to lose weight but if you look at the whole amount it will seem overwhelming. I know last year in May...when I stepped on the scale and it read 205 meaning based on my goals I wanted to lose 55-60lbs. First emotion that ran into me was oh my gosh that's alot to lose..but diving it into 10lbs has really helped. Also having non-food reward at the end of the week was a plus(pedicure, a new shirt, a cd, my favorite for kicking 25lb in the ***....a body massage at a spa. Just take one step at a time...and join us here wheneva you need motivation. Much love and keep it up.

Okay ladies....as I said earlier..I had to watch my eating for the day since I crossed the workout off my list this morning. Well ...you know it's girl scout cookies time and I looooooooovvvee their shortbread cookies..the serving is 4 cookies for 140kcal and I consumed 8. Other than that my eating was okay..I could have done without the second serving...I just calculated it into my alloted calories...therefore eliminating my beloved high proten slimfast vanilla shake that I take for snack time.

Okay ladies I'm off to studying, have an exam tommorow morning for Metabolism II.....how fun:-...umm yeah right. Much love everyone.

Hun.e.B
02-28-2006, 12:08 AM
Hey as long as it worked into your calories for the day you are golden! Way to go! Now back away from the cookies!!! LOL! Good luck with your exam tomorrow! I feel your pain! I've got managerial accounting on friday...wooopie!! LOL! You'll do great!!

have a fantastic Tuesday everyone!!

~melissa

Hun.e.B
02-28-2006, 11:05 AM
Happy Fat Tuesday everyone!!! Ready to have a fantastic day today?! I hope so! I didnt have a morning class but instead of sitting at home waiting for my next class I've decided to go to the gym! Hopefully an eliptical is free I'd really love to try it finally!! Be good everyone! I'll check on you later!! Lets make this an incredible on plan day shall we?!

~melissa

Holly2
02-28-2006, 12:22 PM
My goodness, the whole day went by yesterday and I didn't check in! Shame on me! It was an OK day, but there's always room for improvement!

Happy Fat (loss) Tuesday to you all as well! :ebike: lol

I kept it simple this morning with a plain strawberry shake that I just mixed up with milk and ice in my big glass.

It's great to hear about the losses that are going on! This all works if you work it!

Have a most wonderful day! Let's make the last day of February the best on yet!

desertdreamer
02-28-2006, 01:29 PM
G'mornin ladies. I'm with you Melissa, make this an incredible on plan day.
Got my morning workout in and will get another later this afternoon. Got my new tennies and they are awesome! Love 'em and my tootsies are thanking me profusely. :D

Holly, always room for improvement is right, but remember all the good things you do do right. Right? Right! Hope you enjoyed your shake and are off to a fabulous start to your day!

Melissa, how'd that elliptical ride go? I really hope you were able to get on one today. Hey, I think I may be getting one after all! Woo hoo!!! I think I made dh feel bad. heehee....

Today's off to a great start for me, despite those nasty nasty girlscout cookies staring back at me. I haven't touched a one yet and the one box I "allotted" for myself is still in the freezer and unopened. The kids enjoy 'em once in awhile. Dh said he wanted to take them back to work and just give them to the guys there. I told him no, they don't deserve it! :lol:

Expecting rain today, but still 80 degrees. Muggy, icky weather if ya ask me!
At least it's not over a 100 yet, then I'd really be mad. :D Give me 80 with a breeze and I'm a happy camper. Can ya tell I'm a California girl at heart? ;)
I'd never make it in the cold!

Well DS is home today with a sore throat. I hope it's nothing more than that, apparently we've got some virus going around that takes a very long time to get rid of. Great, just what I need! NOT! Luckily my other two are well.
Knock on wood...

Alrighty ladies, I'm in search of a snack and some water. I'll check in with you in a bit! Enjoy today! :cb:

vicky_cantrell
02-28-2006, 02:08 PM
Hey Girls! I'm Vicky. After I Moved To America (i'm From Russia), I've Gained Some Weight And Want To Lose It Now. Would Love To Try Slim-fast Diet. What Should I Get First? Does It Work? Maybe You Could Advic Something To Me. Last Week I Ate Frozen Meals From South Beach Diet. But It Didn't Work Too Good.
Waiting For Your Reply, Thanks!!!

Hun.e.B
02-28-2006, 02:51 PM
Hey there Holly! I was wondering where you got off to yesterday! I was hoping you were just busy burning loads of calories! LOL! You always come up with these great sayings! I love the fat loss tuesday! I'll take that over the alternative...pub crawling and drinking! LOL! I hope today is going GREAT for you!! Keep up the good work!

Danielle!....Back away from the cookies!!!! Between you and Melissa I'm gonna have to go on cookie patrol I think! LOL! They taste like cardboard you dont really want them, plus I think they make you turn purple! LOL! Way to go on those workouts lady!! I'm so sorry you got a sickie home today I hope he's feeling better soon! We've got the rain today too but its cold! Keep up the good work woman!! You drive me to do all I can!

Vicky!....Welcome welcome!!! So nice to see you posting with us! the Slimfast program is a great one if you need some structure making good meal choices. The whole idea behind weightloss is calorie in vs calorie out. SF takes the guess work out of calories. As far as what products to get, it all depends on your tastes. If you dont have time for fixing things go with the ready to drink shakes my favorite is the cappuccino or the bars, my favorite is the cherry crisp. I'm not a huge bar fan because I find them too sweet, but I know lots of people just love them. My biggest suggestion to you is to visit the Slimfast website, there you can find some great menu ideas, it'll show you how to work the plan for your calorie needs too. Good luck to you!! If you decide to use slimfast come back and keep posting with us! We'd love to cheer you on to success!! have a great day!!

Well Slimfasters I actually went and did the eliptical today! I only made it for 15 minutes but I did it!! I did 20 on the bike too! it was rough! LOL! Now I really want one at home!! I'm off to do my Biggest loser workout! Hows your day going? Are you being strong? I hope so! I'll be checking on you at lunchtime!!

~melissa

Hun.e.B
03-01-2006, 10:59 AM
I started a new thread for march! See you there!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1153867#post1153867