Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 02-01-2006, 11:20 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 152/140/125

Height: 5'7"

Default What's the craziest food you've binged on?

I ate 3 whole pineapples once. The acid burned my mouth and did a number on my stomach! I was in Hawaii and those Maui Golds were calling my name! Fortunately I still like pineapples, but I will be sure never to eat more than maybe a 1/2 of a pineapple in a sitting!
Genesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 11:48 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 307/172/153.5 (half of SW)

Height: 5'8''

I have a fruit one too: 3 pounds of tangerines (my favorite fruit).

I hope you don't mind, I'm going to expand this.

Craziest: see above

Healthiest: see above

Latest: today: (binge #1) 2 burritos, 1 taco, 2 poptarts, chicken stir fry (binge #2) double cheeseburger, fries, 2 slices of apple pie, 15 mini egg rolls, butterfinger, and marshmallow heart.

Most common/favorite: ice cream, meatloaf, french fries, chocolate, chili dogs

Most memorable/regretable: 2 Hardees' six dollar burgers, 2 orders of fries and 2 chocolate chip cookies

Estimated $ I spend/spent a week on binge food: $20-$25
(Not anymore, but this week has been BAD, it's been over $20)

Add more to this if you can think of anymore categories!!
HarpoChicoGroucho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 12:57 AM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genesis
I ate 3 whole pineapples once. The acid burned my mouth and did a number on my stomach! I was in Hawaii and those Maui Golds were calling my name! Fortunately I still like pineapples, but I will be sure never to eat more than maybe a 1/2 of a pineapple in a sitting!

OMG!! that was me in costa rica. i got so sick of having beans and rice at every meal, that anytime i saw a pineapple stand, i went nuts(i think the most i had was two)! it burned sooo bad.

my largest binge was a taco bell one (when i was drunk). i found wrappers in purses for weeks after it. i guess i didn't want my bf to see what a pig i was. hehehe.
chicagoposter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 01:00 AM   #4  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

When I was pregnant with my first son I binged on bananas dipped in choc. I ate 5 bananas at one time and got sick. My son is allergic to bananas..and I get hives when I am near one....learned my lesson...NOT
Second son I ate carrotts..I would buy 2 lb bags of carrots twice a day..once going into work...I worked in the grocery store and I had them cleaned and cut in bite size pieces and tucked in a baggy at my checkout. Then another bag at the end of my day to eat till my next shift.
I was orange...like a really bad tan from cheap sunless tanning lotion.
to this day I shudder at the thought of eating carrotts...but hmm carrot cake is good...but only the icing.
da fat n da furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 09:09 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Black bean dip and tortilla chips. The whole can of beans made into dip and a one pound bag of chips!
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 10:19 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 152/140/125

Height: 5'7"

This is great!

Angie, when I was a kid my mom was in WW and at that time the WW program allowed for one "free" food each week. You could eat however much of that week's free food you wanted. One week it was carrots and I vividly remember my mom telling me this lady in her WW group ate so many carrots she turned orange. I never really believed her until now!

Chicagoposter - I'm glad I'm not the only person who has gone to town on pineapples!

SusanB - I looooooove black beans. I sprinkle whole black beans all over salads and my favorite homemade soups!

Harpo - Thanks for expanding on the theme! I have a similar "most memorable" binge. A long time ago this bagel shop opened by my work and they had the best veggie & cheese bagel sandwiches, delicious soup and excellent cookies. I would often eat for lunch a bagel sandwich, a cup of soup and a cookie....except for one day when I ordered two bagel sandwiches, two cups of soup and two cookies! I was sick! But it was tasty!

I've stopped beating myself up for mistakes I've made in the past, but I still enjoy laughing at myself!
Genesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 01:56 PM   #7  
Elizabeth

S/C/G: 233/158/145

Height: 5'6

Grapefruit! I did a good job of keeping my house stocked with healthy foods. So, instead of bingeing on cake, cookies, etc. I ate 4 very large grapefruits! Talk about fill you up!
telemetrynurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 05:20 PM   #8  

Cool

When I was much younger and had cravings when I was on a diet or the day before payday when I had no money, I would make tortillas. I always had flour, oil and salt in the kitchen and could fry up a bunch to eat hot from the pan. These weren't the thin even commercial tortillas but lumpy doughy things. They tasted ok going down but really sank in my intestinal tract. I have long stopped keeping flour in the house.
sapphire9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 09:00 PM   #9  

Height: 5'-2"

Some friends and I binged on kiwis one New Years eve in high school. We all spent the night in the bathroom.

When I was pregnant with our second child, I drank a gallon of milk every day.
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 06:43 AM   #10  

Lately? Cauliflower... a whole head of cauliflower. This from a girl who wouldn't touch veggies with a ten foot pole up until a few years ago! One of the grossest, most memorable? An entire bowl of raw cake batter, made specifically to eat raw, with no intention of actually baking a cake. I've done this with raw cookie dough as well... more than once. Bleh, not pretty!

Beverly
boiaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 12:10 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 196/159.6/150

Height: 5'7.5"

I can't remember going wild on any *weird* food, but there is one occasion that stands out in my memory-- a large Pizza Hut (thus, ridiculously greasy) pizza, full order of bread sticks, and a 2-liter in a sitting. God, my stomach is roiling at the thought.
maegdaeien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 03:47 PM   #12  

I don't usually binge on just ONE food. For me, the most common binge was a combo of sour cream 'n' onion potato chips, Pepsi, and M&Ms, and I often had other candy as well.

My weirdest binge happened one night many, many years ago, when I got a craving for iceberg lettuce and finished most of a head of it. Now, you might call that salad, but I'm not a salad eater -- especially when it's mostly iceberg lettuce. And this wasn't in a bowl, I was just eating it a leaf at a time, very odd. There was no reason for it, just a bizarre craving. It never happened again.
Siena1383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 04:07 PM   #13  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Height: 5'6"

I with Siena, I usually do a couple foods. The weirdest one though was right after I got home from the gym one day, I ate a huge plate of noodles, a Smart Ones ice cream thing, some crackers and topped it off with a huge bran muffin. Yuck, I threw up and I will never have a bran muffin or a Smart ones ice cream again. It was like I was trying to keep it healthy foods or something, and I never gave myself a chance to feel full, I just kept eating. That's what gets me, when I am really hungry and I finish my meal and still feel hungry, but I don't even give myself a chance.
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 04:38 PM   #14  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

watermelon!! I ate whole watermelons when I was pregnant with my dd (she hates the stuff ) I still have to ration the stuff, I only buy it precut now! 1/4 a watermelon at a time.....babysteps
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 11:36 PM   #15  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Siena, I wouldn't mind craving a lettuce head...ok so did you eat it like a rabbit? or just shove it in your mouth? Mental pictures here are kinda funny.
da fat n da furious is offline   Reply With Quote