Weight Loss Support - Feb 2nd plan for a nearly perfect day

srmb60
02-01-2006, 09:53 PM
I'm jumping on the bandwagon for tomorrow because today was amazing!
I'm gonna stay below 1300 cals with good percents.
45 minutes of weights and since it's supposed to be nice out, I'm going to go for a long walk.
Plan it out folks. It works!

Altari
02-01-2006, 10:18 PM
Let's try again! I'll start positive (I'm baking right now, so I'm in a good mood). I need to push the water. That's my weakness...and chocolate but hey...

B : A mini bagel, ham, egg and cheese sandwich; 1 ruby red grapefruit 20 oz (or more) of water.
S : Strawberry organic yogurt and 12 oz (OM) of water. We're going to the doctor, so I'll resist those vending machines! Water, water, water!
E : It's nap time for babies! I'll either take a brisk walk or play 10 minutes of DDR then finish the some homework.
L : Lean Cuisine Cheese Ravioli, mug of cocoa made with water.
S : 1 blood orange. WATER.
E : Hubby will be home. Some more DDR? Gotta put that mat to good use!
D : Baked chicken breast with parmasan cheese, steamed veggies and rice cooked in chicken broth. I'll skip on the dessert, since we have a party to go to.
D : Party fare. Some alcohol? I'll try to stay away. Definitely a few pieces of the shortbread I'm baking at the moment. I'm going to bring WATER with me, and some hard candies to keep my mouth occupied.

I'll stick to this! That puts me at 1700 calories (should FitDay be believed).

Karma27
02-01-2006, 10:31 PM
Between 1200 - 1400 calories
45 minutes of cardio
60 oz of H2o

CoolMom75
02-01-2006, 11:40 PM
I think I went a little too crazy at the grocery store, and bought too many vaggies. I hope they don't go bad. Can I freeze lettuce, spinach, cabbage?

Breakfast: cottage cheese and some fruit
Lunch: lentil soup (2nd day of leftovers, LOL) and salad
Snack: Celery and homemade hummus
Dinner: leftover turkey and brown rice, and some veggie

I've been avoiding caffiene, but I am craving a cup of coffee. I might have one tomorrow.

la3y_un1c0rn_37
02-01-2006, 11:51 PM
Ok Susan....here we go
B-protein shake
s-apple
L-turkey sand. whole wheat bread
s-slimfast snackbar
S-Porkchops boneless some kind of vegg and mac&cheese(for my son...lol)

weights lifting
I hope I can get my walk in..
ADD MORE WATER!!!!!!!

jillybean720
02-02-2006, 07:31 AM
Zoe--I would assume you could freeze any veggies you are going to cook, but I would be skeptical about freezing veggies that you plan to use raw. I think this because I use frozen chopped spinach all the time, so I'm sure you could freeze it, but if you were to try to thaw it to use raw, I bet it would be icky :p

I posted in yesterday' thread about how I BEYOND stuck to my plan yesterday--feels great! As for today:

yogurt
Morningstar Farms garden veggie burger on wheat bun w/spinach and Miracle Whip
cup of Campbell's chicken & stars soup
Subway 12" chicken teriyaki on honey oat (no cheese)
2 Subway cookiesAll together, comes to a little below 1700 calories :)

LynneA
02-02-2006, 07:34 AM
Breakfast - bowl of low carb special k w/ raspberries, cup of coffee

Snack - cottage cheese, pear

Lunch - Chicken chowder soup, cherry tomatoes

Snack - half a whole wheat bagel, light cream cheese

Dinner - leftover chicken and biscuits, cauliflower

Water - 2 liters

Exercise - cardio night 45 mins on elliptical

I'd like to take in no more than 1600 calories today. Yesterday was going good on the food intake until I finished off the rest of the Toblerone bar that was in my fridge. Oh well, no more chocolate in the house now so at least I won't have that tonight.

LLV
02-02-2006, 09:56 AM
I think I went a little too crazy at the grocery store, and bought too many vaggies. I hope they don't go bad. Can I freeze lettuce, spinach, cabbage?
You cannot freeze lettuce.

Spinach can be frozen AFTER it's cooked, but don't let it sit too long before using because it's gets freezer-burned real easily.

I've never tried freezing cabbage. Why don't you use the cabbage to make some lowfat coleslaw? Or shred it up in the food processor and add it to a big pot of homemade vegetable soup? I just bought a head of cabbage myself, we're having pork and cabbage stew for Sunday dinner.

srmb60
02-02-2006, 10:21 AM
Good work folks! Now stay in touch!
Leigh? vegetables!
LynneA? protein!
CoolMom75? you can freeze cabbage but it'll only be good for soup. It actually keeps pretty well just as it is.

2frustrated
02-02-2006, 10:54 AM
:wave: The plan for today (It's a 2000kcal day)

Brekky - protein pancake with banana

Meal #2 - mixed nuts & raisins and cottage cheese on a pita bread (wholewheat)

Meal #3 - chicken and bacon salad

Meal #4 - avocado and yoghurt

Meal #5 - protein shake & pear and possibly some sugar snap peas

Exercise - double kickboxing with the PINK GLOVES! :D

Did really well yesterday apart from a bite of Snickers and I think I ate a chocolate in my sleep :yawn: but apart from that, a nearly perfect day! :lol:

srmb60
02-02-2006, 11:00 AM
I've had my shake ... mixed berries today ... and just any minute now I'm gonna get up from this darn computer and go for a walk. Really, I am.

LLV
02-02-2006, 11:05 AM
May I join in despite my critique the other day? :sorry:

B: Kashi Go Lean cereal with 3 oz. skim milk.

L: Baked boneless/skinless chicken breast layered with fresh baby spinach and mashed cauliflower on the side.

Snack: Don't know yet.

D: Lean Cuisine bagged meals, the chicken teriyaki. Has chicken, rice and veggies, plus I'll have a lowfat vegetable egg roll.

That puts me at about 916 calories, which doesn't include my mid-afternoon snack. I shoot for about 1200-1300 calories a day. So once I have my snack and probably a few peanuts tonight, I'll reach my calorie limit.

srmb60
02-02-2006, 11:10 AM
Yes you may join in ... but only if you promise to have a very healthy snack instead of the "don't know yet" :)

LLV
02-02-2006, 11:15 AM
Yes you may join in ... but only if you promise to have a very healthy snack instead of the "don't know yet" :)
lol, okay :)

I was thinking of baby carrots and fat-free cottage cheese.

srmb60
02-02-2006, 11:31 AM
Perfect!

LynneA
02-02-2006, 12:01 PM
LynneA? protein!

Oooh? Not sure what you mean Susan :dizzy:.

JustJuneBug
02-02-2006, 12:17 PM
argh!!! I have been doing not so well...due all in part because I havent gone grocery shopping. I havent exactly been doing horribly but the snacking during the day HAS to stop.

Today:
Breakfast: Light Yoplait smoothie; then when I got to work, I saw BREADSTICKS, and ate just a bit of one.
Lunch: will be 1 slice of spinach/garlic pizza left over from last night; fruit jello cup
Snack: apple; string cheese

And since I have school tonight after work from 6-10 I packed a pb&j sammich on 12 grain bread, and I think I have an apple too.

Grocery.Store.TOMORROW!!!

JustJuneBug
02-02-2006, 12:17 PM
Oh but at least I have been keeping up with my exercise...yesterday was 3 mile run; 45 crunches.

la3y_un1c0rn_37
02-02-2006, 12:21 PM
Leigh? vegetables!

I know....I know the vegges come in at supper...but I need to change my lunch I am havein fish with rice. I got up late today did not get my protien shake and missed my snack I will have an apple later today..and I am not going to get to walk today. I will be glad when the time changed..That way I can walk after I get off of work..

LLV
02-02-2006, 12:42 PM
Perfect!
What, I can't have half a bag of potato chips with dip and 50-ounce Coke?

Pooey! :D

srmb60
02-02-2006, 01:02 PM
I'm not sure Lynne .... I just had a look at your fitday and your protein looks fine. Sorry. I have no idea what I was thinking.

LynneA
02-02-2006, 01:15 PM
No prob Susan! :hug:

la3y_un1c0rn_37
02-02-2006, 01:15 PM
by the way my rice had carrots and red peppers in it....

srmb60
02-02-2006, 01:27 PM
I think that some really valuable info could turn up in this thread.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=75072&highlight=clean

jillybean720
02-02-2006, 01:43 PM
Well, I just had lunch, and I just had to share that my new favorite lunch is Morningstar Farms veggie burger patties! They are way lower in calories than regular burgers, and I toss one in my lunch bag to microwave later, and I don't have to worry about the meat not being cooked all the way or anything like that--VERY convenient. I thought they would taste gross, but they are AWESOME! Much like seasoned regular burgers, and so much healthier! I don't even have to add cheese (I ALWAYS add cheese to regular burgers)--I just add some raw spinach, Miracle Whip, and plop it all on a wheat bun--YUM! :D What a great way to eat more veggies if you're not eating enough (like me). I thought they would be way high in carbs, too, since there's no meat in them, but they're really not that bad. Yesterday, I had the Tomato Basil Pizza flavored burger patties, and today I just had a Garden Vegetable one...I am in love :love:

CoolMom75
02-02-2006, 02:00 PM
Zoe--I would assume you could freeze any veggies you are going to cook, but I would be skeptical about freezing veggies that you plan to use raw. I think this because I use frozen chopped spinach all the time, so I'm sure you could freeze it, but if you were to try to thaw it to use raw, I bet it would be icky

Yeah, everything looks so much smaller inside Costco, LOL. Now I have a HUGE tub of spring mix lettuce greens. i'll cook up a lot of the spinach tonight. Thanks for the ideas! The cabbage in a soup is a great idea. :)

A side note, I bought a new scale with the body fat % and WOAH! 37.5% fat :o. I need to get my butt up and do some exercise.

CoolMom75
02-02-2006, 02:02 PM
Well, I just had lunch, and I just had to share that my new favorite lunch is Morningstar Farms veggie burger patties! They are way lower in calories than regular burgers, and I toss one in my lunch bag to microwave later, and I don't have to worry about the meat not being cooked all the way or anything like that--VERY convenient. I thought they would taste gross, but they are AWESOME! Much like seasoned regular burgers, and so much healthier! I don't even have to add cheese (I ALWAYS add cheese to regular burgers)--I just add some raw spinach, Miracle Whip, and plop it all on a wheat bun--YUM! :D What a great way to eat more veggies if you're not eating enough (like me). I thought they would be way high in carbs, too, since there's no meat in them, but they're really not that bad. Yesterday, I had the Tomato Basil Pizza flavored burger patties, and today I just had a Garden Vegetable one...I am in love :love:
I love the sun dried tomato ones. :) But I think I burned myself out on those for a while. :)

jillybean720
02-02-2006, 02:05 PM
Yeah, I could see getting tired of them if I eat them every day, but for now, I'm good. I had never bothered buying them before because they are darn expensive. However, now that I've bought them (they were on sale), there are coupons on the inside of the boxes :D

JustJuneBug
02-02-2006, 02:23 PM
**sigh**
I actually ate BOTH pieces of pizza, but not that huge crust at the ends. Oh well.

I just also got the link for my race pics last Saturday. That itself made me KNOW that I wont be straying again!! I actually can see a HUGE difference in those pics than from mid-December race!!

Heres the link: http://www.karenthibodeaux.com/Thumbs.asp?BibNbr=153&event=840&Locate=Locate

srmb60
02-02-2006, 02:49 PM
I've had my snack of bran buds and soy milk. I've had my walk. I think I'll take advantage of how quiet the house is and have a wee nap. I don't know why I woke up at 6 this morning.
But first I'll get my next snack ready. Fruit, yogurt and cottage cheese.
I should think about supper too. Hmmm.

LynneA
02-02-2006, 02:50 PM
You look great Junebug! Very trim!

JustJuneBug
02-02-2006, 03:12 PM
thanks! i am going to try and find the pics from mid-december 5K and post them. the difference is CRAZY..i had no idea...

LLV
02-02-2006, 03:35 PM
Well, I just had lunch, and I just had to share that my new favorite lunch is Morningstar Farms veggie burger patties!
Oh, I love those things! I also buy the Boca brand, whichever one is on sale, usually. I like the fajita burgers and the prime burgers and also the chicken patties. Makes you feel like you're indulging into a deep-fried chicken sandwich, but you're not.

There's another brand I just recently found called Yves Veggie Cuisine. They make portabella burgers, regular burgers and even chicken (unbreaded) burgers. They're fantastic. They're not quite as 'squishy' as the Morningstar Farms burgers, they're more like eating a real hamburger, more firm. They're fantastic. I found them in the produce section at a Super Walmart. Slap that baby on a bun with lettuce, tomato, onion, ketchup and mustard and go to town! I also eat them bunless when I'm watching my bread intake.

Yoyonomore
02-02-2006, 07:55 PM
I'm here, I'm here!

On plan so far.

Breakfast: Heart Healthy nuts and Craisans (a quick on the go type of thing as I was working this morning).
Lunch: Healthy style Progresso chicken soup with added canned chicken breast (sodium, sodium and sodium--oh well)
Dinner will be: Turkey burgers with low carb barbie sauce, big salad, and MOUNDS of butternut squash fries (see recipe on my blog under "diet foods that won't make you puke" entry).
Snack: Carrot and string cheese.
Maybe one more snack. Not sure.

I'm headed down right now to work out my legs. No aerobics today. Leg day is the one day I don't do aerobics.

srmb60
02-02-2006, 09:25 PM
Uh oh! We did the house hunting diner dinner thing. I'll have to go lift weights for a while and try to be perfecter tomorrow :)

CoolMom75
02-02-2006, 10:23 PM
I did good today! And I am getting through my challange to use up all the veggies in my fridge. I sauteed half the huge bag of spinach with dinner, and found this interesting Spinach curry recipe here. (http://www.geocities.com/NapaValley/2267/spinach.html#garlic)

I have to work tomorrow, so I might try making this spinach curry and packing it with brown rice and turkey for my lunch.

Once again, I waited until the end of the day to start cramming my water in. So I'll be peeing all night. :^: