Support Groups - Will You Be My Bovine?

View Full Version : Will You Be My Bovine?

Schatzi
02-01-2006, 07:57 PM
Dh will be away for our bdays and valentines day... ::tantrum:
This is the second year that we didn't do the traditional get a bunch of friends together and go skiing... BUT! I think I might try to get to PA...no skiing..bt def hot tubbing and lots of scrabble games.

Cowpernia
02-02-2006, 09:06 AM
You and dh have your birthdays on Valentine's Day? Were you also married then? This was not good planning, Shots. Change your birthday.

I noticed Kiwi asked if you were meeting her at the beach but I didn't notice your answer. I've met Kiwi in NC. Not at the beach but in a sushi restaurant, I think. She's very nice and always brings interesting children with her. They're probably more interesting now that they travel with musical instruments and huge talent.

I did post on my blog BECAUSE I won a ball of Opal yarn from this Opal list. Opal yarn is the best yarn ever. Other yarns may be equally good but not better. It's just so nice to work with and comes in an ever-changing variety of colorways (different color stripes and stuff).

DS had to get up early, drive the wrong the direction to take pictures for his Capstone project. As soon as he got up it started raining and got heavier and heavier and he's off in it. Do all seniors have these projects?

Schatzi
02-02-2006, 09:47 AM
Pernia: My Bday is the 17th and DH's is the 18th...now that you know you are obligated to send a card. :s: Our DF Tugboat Johnny (he's a tugboat captain) is on the 16th, and their daughters is the 19th... So fer years we would go up to John and Tracy's fer a big bday celebration fer the Feb babies.. ski, snow tube, and sit in hot tubs... and play lots of board games.. twas loverly, until some events happened 3 years ago with my then Best friend and her horrid boyfriend, who was also Traceys doctor, and his most unruly tribe of breeding results..

Hmm, I musta missed Kiwis beach request fer my presence.. heh heh... I dunno what this RON DA VOOO is about... we will speak more of tis...

I hope LCP recooped from her migraine... I dunno what a Capstone project is .. is this like some final thing that seniors must complete??? We did not have these Capstones in the Days of Yore.

Bagzz
02-02-2006, 09:51 AM
I HATE WHEN THEY DRIVE OFF IN THE RAIN---BUT HERE THEY DRIVE OFF IN THE SNOW---HATE THAT AS WELL!!!---- here is my suggestion for you blogging problems-----start a new one at a new location--maybe kiwi's spot and get back at it-----just don't reveal it to the wrong people!!!like lcp-----now i have to go to work and make no money----the clients have left the building!!!! there is a trade show coming up so perhaps i will fetch me some new items!! no capstones here in iglooville either.

Cowpernia
02-02-2006, 09:55 AM
yes, final thing for seniors.

every summer kiwi goes to the beach in NC with family who live in NC like you. Go see her. Don't be so suspicious. She's sweeter in person than ... I mean she's sweet.

Good idea Bagz but while they're sending me free yarn, I'd better stay put and smile.

My final is tonight. Who wants to be in my study group?

SugP
02-02-2006, 11:31 AM
I would LOOOOOOOOOVE to be in your study group, but I have a full-body migraine that is only allowing me to post fluff and silliness today.

Peachy, you need a super secret incognito blog where you can post anything you like, but where's the fun it that?

Did I mention that after the Chinese buffet on Monday that World War 3 almost broke out and that I called dh a very very very bad word that might possible start with "a"? I also told him a few other choice tidbits about himself and he seems to still be thinking about things because it usually takes him about 3 days for him to digest what I've said. Grrrr. We're not very good at this being married stuff even though we've been doing it for 15 1/2 years.

Cowpernia
02-02-2006, 11:45 AM
Whoa! Sugar!! Take it easy. Time to find a marriage counsellor maybe. What does dh usually do after the 3 days?

is it possible that if lcp keeps sending these letters, ds will think she's too silly? I'm dreaming, yes?

Wabby
02-02-2006, 12:43 PM
Do you all get the St. Jude's childrens hospital banner at the top of this page? I think I must donate. DS called me Sunday night, being kinda silly and he said "I think you should donate to St. Judes because they never turn a child away and I just donated some $$'s to them." He said "I never used to think about stuff like that, but now I do, and I think you should donate too." .... and now that St. Judes banner is on the top of the page, so I guess I'd better donate.

DS and his little missus spent all night at the hospital, because she's having contractions and her blood pressure has been going way up. They may induce labor if they can't control the bp. I told her to stop having the contractions. We're having the baby shower on Sunday, (I know, Super Bowl Sunday, poor planning on our part) and she must be there. Maybe she'll be there with a baby.

Peach, bunco is a mindless dice game that takes no skill and very little thought. It's something to do while you eat, drink, gossip and generally act silly with your friends.

I went to a play last night w/ a friend. "The Fantastics". At first I thought I wouldn't like it, but by the second act it had grown on me. I thought of Kiwi's DD because the female lead had a fabulous voice, w/ an amazing range. I think Kiwiette should come to Portland and perform in a play. After the play we had a drink in a beautiful old bar just like grownups.

Sugar, the secret to marital bliss is to tell DH he's acting "like" an *ss. That way he can't say you actually called him an *ss. We've been married for 27 years and we're still trying to get it right. I think that's the nature of matrimony.

Peach, LCP doesn't sound so bad, be careful what you wish for----there are worse gf's out there.

Schatzi, spill the beans - eggzactly which birthday is this???? Girls who want birthday cards gotta tell.

Cowpernia
02-02-2006, 12:54 PM
When is Wababy due? My labor was induced because of bp (preeclapsia) but it was 11 days before they claimed he was due.

I didn't read the letters from lcp but there they were and I did pick one up and it did refer to her drinking. There are worse gf's but .....

I see the St. Jude's ad too.

Bagzz
02-02-2006, 02:28 PM
DRINKING WHAT???----how old is she??? one thing i am glad about here with the drinking age being 19----at least when they start at 15 or 16,they aren't so far off -------imagine TWENTY-ONE!!!! THAT IS INSANE--- that would mean most kids would get almost all the way through an undergrad degree without being able to drink-----CRAZEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-----okay,peachers,what about her drinking??? a problem,or just 'FUN TIMES'----- she is still an "x" factor and as long as you don't really know what's up,you usually fear the worst.--------regarding our dear sugar,i am unqualified to comment----i am so pleased with the second edition of the husband,i always recommend getting rid of the first one -----of no help to those who wish to soldier on and make repararation.------my sympathies are here of course--for you always!!1---NOW WHERE IS THAT TASKMISTRESS CHERRY TO HELP US DROP THE JELLYBELLY ROLLS???? AND WHERE IS THAT TRAMP LUSHIE???? SHE COMES IN HERE ALL SWEET AND FUN AND THEN SHE JUST EFFS OFF AND GIVES US THE BOOT-----------FIND ANOTHER YARN BLOGGING SITE,PEACHBAT----TELL THEM PRIVATELY WHERE YOU ARE RE-LOCATING!!!

Bagzz
02-02-2006, 02:30 PM
OH MY DEAR WABBALICIOUS!!!! IMAGINE YOU MIGHT HAVE THE BABY VERY SOON!!!! HOW EXCITING FOR YOU!!! WOW!!! hopefully they will get everything under control with the BP quickly---that seems to be a common problem and they should have no trouble dealing with it---your son must be beside himself with excitement! what changes you all will have downt' the house!!!xoxo

Wabby
02-02-2006, 02:46 PM
Babybunny is due on Feb. 20th.

DD spent $450 on baby clothes and misc. for the shower. Do ya think she's a bit excited? This child won't have time to wear all the outfits she's going to have. I sure hope the ultrasound tech was right. It had better be a girl.

Cherry Cow
02-02-2006, 03:13 PM
I opened a window to post a proper reply, but then got busy! I haven't exercised yet today... will probably take a nap instead because I'm so tired.

I want to post a better post today.

I'm not doing very good at my eating today. Just hungry and making poor choices.

Schatzi
02-02-2006, 03:47 PM
Wab, sooo glad DIL is at least in the hospital so that she can be monitored... Ah an Aquarian little girl...perfect. :baby:

Cowie: hmmm drinking is a rite of passage in college.. fer most....I hope there is not a touch of histronics going on with LCP..

Sugah: heh heh, What MommaWab sez... true , it also helps facilitate even better I am right arguing... like "YOu called me an A hole", "Noooo, I did not, I said you are behaving like an Ahole",,,"So you did call me an AHOLE",,, "Nooooo, Now there ya go twisting my words again" :s:....heheheeee...
I do hope it "blows over" fer ya... because obviously he was acting like an Ahole, ..we women know these things -and sug cannot be wrong!

BAGZ: hellllooooo darlink in iglooville

CherryWhere's our diet guru??? Help me plan my meals dang it!!!

LUSH Can you please Add Check on Cows daily to yer list thar girlie??

Me... my favorite topic has come up...imagine that....:chin: I am now restored to my GOHJIS brown hair with loverly reddish highlites (not as loverly as Sugahs, but hey shes naturally beeeUtiiiiful) look ... Yes, I saw "Mr Lyn" today, he colored over my dark brown roooooots, and sigh, the Lily Munster streak which has now propagated itself through out my head...:yikes: I ran out this morn to watch neighbor/landlordess' charming daughter Eliza... They live a rather european way... The child goes to bed at 11 and is up around 11-12 the next day.. So she was well asleep whilst I was there...such loverly landlords and neighbors they are..
My age... well, i graduated when polyester and earthshoes were in.... Disco and southern rock was in (FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEbirdddddddd!). Feathered hair, and the dorothy hamill were all the DOOOOOOOO. Chargers, and camaros, and vans with murals on the side were all the rage... With That YOu figger it out!!!

Kiwonk
02-02-2006, 04:07 PM
Twice a day but maybe missed a day or 1/2 a day. or Floss less. :shrug: WE ARE SINKING IN A QUAGMIRE OF BLUBBER-What a pretty picture! I am also sinking in a quagmire of dust, dirt, mice and ants. I don't get it -- why are we getting ants in the middle of winter? I don't think it's ever happened before. I put out 4 new traps several days ago and we still have ants.

I'm thinking about doing an inventory of what's wrong with this house and its contents. I will have to be careful that there are not any weapons around while I'm doing it because I'm sure it will be either totally depressing or so maddening I will be dangerous... Today the lint screen on my dryer came apart.

My dog growls at us.

Other things.

And I'm not even in a bad mood -- picture how much I complain then.

I never heard of a capstone project. At DD's school, a "research paper" in English consists of a group project where each student "has" to write 2 pages. Yes, I said 2 pages. Senior paper. This is the lamest school ever. On the bright side, DD came home with straight A's for the 7th semester in a row in high school (yes, that would be all of them), meaning she is a lock for valedictorian. Might possibly have to share the honor -- with her boyfriend. :lol:

Is that Opal yarn the one you made the brown and yellow socks out of? Those are cool.

I am very sorry your hubby darling will be gone for valentine's and birthdays, Schatzi!! That sucks.She's sweeter in person than ... I mean she's sweet.:lol: Cowpeach hit nail on head. :rollpin:

Oh Sugar, how rotten! I've called DH an a****** many times, but only in my head. I think. :lol:

I need a vehicle. I am stranded and I wanted to put an ad in the paper for DD's birthday. Gotta get there before 5! HELLO FAMILY I'M STRANDED HERE! :coach:

Kiwi

Schatzi
02-02-2006, 07:12 PM
Oh Kiwi, you must be over the Mooooon... such a schmat and adorably talent child!!!! Good fer you...

Sweet and Sour, 'Kiwi and I would be a regular chinese buffet.

Cowpernia
02-03-2006, 08:19 AM
My class is done but the next one starts Monday. Heckel and Jeckel and I got perfect scores on our group presentation. The test wasn't so hard. I dont' mean I knew everything but it was passable. Heckel and Jeckel met to study together but I ran into BETTER PEOPLE in the library before class and worked out some kinks in my own notes.

DS is having another ct scan today. Only one letter from lcp yesterday but it looked long. He carried it away when I glanced toward it.

Shots I will don't know what you're moderator of. Is it South Beach? If so ... don't you kind of owe it to us to give us hints? Is there anyone more deserving of your time, energy and love than us? We may totally ignore (Wabby, Sugar, me) and some (Kiwi, Bagz) may ridicule your good intentions but should you let that stand in your way? Dont you LOVE USS????? WhAAAAAAA

SugP
02-03-2006, 10:40 AM
Yay for the perfect score and yay for BETTER PEOPLE to study with!

I would never ignore Schatzi's South Beach tips!!!! I just wouldn't implement them because I'm a lazy slob with no self discipline.:devil:

Can't wait for that little baby to arrive, Wabby! Hope mom and baby are still doing OK. I'm sure they're getting the best of care. Maybe she'll be a Valentine's babybunny. :bb: :love:

Wabby
02-03-2006, 07:10 PM
well, i graduated when polyester and earthshoes were in.... Disco and southern rock was in (FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEbirdddddddd!). Feathered hair, and the dorothy hamill were all the DOOOOOOOO. Chargers, and camaros, and vans with murals on the side were all the rage... With That YOu figger it out!!! Aaaaah, you graduated high school the same year I did, then. So that makes us both about 29? :^:

I'm soooo glad it's friday, cows. I just wish you were all here to have a margie with. I could really use one of those fishbowl sized ones I drank in Mexico. DDIL has been ordered on 23 hour a day bed rest. She will be allowed to go to the baby shower as long as she stays on the couch w/ her feet elevated. I think they'll probably induce labor early next week.

Peach, hope DS's ct scan turns out ok. Yahoo on getting thru that first class!

Hi dearest Bagzie! What's new in the frozen north?

Kiwi, attagirl to Kiwiette.

Cherry, quit being so hard on yourself. It's hard to be disciplined w/ such a demanding life. You are one busy woman.

Sugar, has the DH seen the error of his ways yet?

Hi to any other cowie I may have skipped over - the memory ain't the best now days... have a swonderful, smarvelous weekend.

PainterWoman
02-03-2006, 11:32 PM
Glad you are (mostly) well... and safe so far as I can tell, in spite of namecalling , kids driving in rain/snow, winter ants etc. etc.

DH helped me clean house yesterday and I cooked dinner for women in a club I'm in. My lord, I forgot what it's like to stand up that long! Even though it was a SIMPLE dinner, my feet still feel like steamed puddings.

Today I had meetings and ETHICS training. The presenters did it as a musical. It was a riot. There was an Elvis Impersonator, an Eminem impersonator and a quick reprise of some Queen songs... (Oh... and several from Fiddler on the Roof.)

Now I need to get horizontal in front of the TV.
And not eat.

Kiwonk
02-05-2006, 01:01 PM
My lord, I forgot what it's like to stand up that long! Even though it was a SIMPLE dinner, my feet still feel like steamed puddings.
Argh, that's an awful feeling. Hope you've been putting your feet up since.

I made a double batch of brownies. Fortunately for my a**, they are going with DD to a party at a friend's house tomorrow. She and 2 of her friends have close together birthdays and I guess they are going to all celebrate together. I had hoped to do something special for her, but don't know how that's going to work (her birthday is next Thursday). At least I can contribute brownies, and tomorrow I'm making some chicken wings to take over.

Wafting smell of brownies beckons. Must resist.

Kiwi

P.S. It's a miracle! I tried to post this just when the forum went down for 20 minutes of database maintenance, so I figured I'd lost it when it didn't show up posted. But I hit my back button a couple of times and incredibly there it was just waiting patiently for me to say Submit Reply! Of course that's not the miracle -- the miracle is that I remembered to post it when the forum went back online and that I was able to find where I put it in the meantime...

Cowpernia
02-06-2006, 09:03 AM
I just figured out my scores for the class I just finished and it's 92.stuff. I need a 94 for an A. I really would like an A. An A would make me feel so good!!! At one time, she said she'd drop the lowest something but then she said some people with low scores could submit other stuff so I don't know what she's gonna do. Don't you all want me to have an A??? Shall I give you her phone number??

A new class starts tonight.

So nice to see Kiwi is dealing in the miracle realm.

I actually watched the superbowl! Knitted all the way through it and ate delicious vegetarian food. Today, I'm ready to become a vegetarian because the food was SO good.

I see that Painty is running around with Wabby's man. Hope a catfight doesn't break out here.

SugP
02-06-2006, 04:00 PM
I have sent her a telepathic message and she WILL give you an A. Or else. You are the BEST and the SMARTEST in the class. You will get a fabulous job and marry the principal and get to eat lunch in his office.

I watched part of the Super Bowl that someone tivoed and I got bored and went away because I don't know nuthin' 'bout no football. Nice pants, though.

Kiwiiii - forgot to thank your for the chocolate silk pie recipe but must figure out a way to de-salmonella-ize the eggs around here. Maybe I could sort of heat them up a bit first to kill any nasties. I did that with eggs whites once and it worked fine.

Painty - I know what you mean about standing for so long. I've been having trouble with that too lately and it's a killer. I'm sure your guests appreciated your wonderful efforts.

Wabs - I was wearing polyester and earth shoes in the 7th grade. Does that calculate? And yes, dh DID indeed see the error of his ways. I should yell at him more often. Well, not really, but I think he saw I was really, really, REALLY furious and figured out that both of us are part of the problem, not just me. :D

Where's that l'il Cherry? Cherry!! I was meaning to tell you that I know *exactly* what you mean about certain family members sabotaging your dieting efforts, or even just the effort to buy eat decent food. My dh just does NOT get that I don't want to have that crap in the house either for myself or the kids. I honestly don't know how many more times I'm going to have to get upset over it before he finally understands.

And Schatz, darling - the hair colour is straight out of a box! Or several boxes, really. Those orange highlights are still in there but have been toned down by a dark blonde semi-permanent colour. And I still have the remnants from about a thousand other hair colours in my hair because they never seem to go away completely. There you have it. I sure fooled Mother Nature! :dizzy:

Schatzi
02-06-2006, 06:40 PM
My Mooettes??? Have you not wondered where this cow has wandered tooo...??
This is a quick post about me... although I will cycle back to Paintys ethic musical...innnnnteresting! sooo, here is a copy from another post, since I have no idea how long I will up fer:
What a long strange trip this has been since Saturday! It started out as just a loverly rainy overcast day.. great fer PJs and videos.. We dozed.. it rained... KABOOOOOM! Orange light and tree branches and pine cone grenades!!!!!!! The tall lolilly Pine in our neighbor/landlord house was struck by lightening.. sizzle sizzle ...Electric gone, phones gone... Firemen and EMS ...Our darling landlords got hit the worst! Pieces of foundation cinderblocks blown, walls blown... hot tub gone, water heater and all tv sterero gone.. fridge gone, no electric...
Our house next.. Desktop PC gone, printer, firewall gone, DSL box gone... CAWFEEE POT GONE!!!!! Satelite dish BAHBUY.... Phones Fried... TV went all acid trippy, but came back ok... DVD player...lost than revived... Security system toast.. Half electric outlets...gone..
The underground telephone cable was fried... I plied the Sprint repair man with Cawfee to git me and Ana up first and damn the phones (thank the telecommune gawds fer cells!) GET ME BACK ON LINE We are all SAFE, and that's what matters!
I had a backup cawfee pot NATCH!!!! And Sprintman wants me to have his baby.. We are gerryrigged with tele cable right now as a good amount of the phone cable needs to be replaced via digging a trench and relaying on the calbe that was fried.. We will have intermintent phone/ internet connectivity until Saturday.

DH left fer Austin Tx this morn... and after dealing with sattelite man and sprint man, Me and Landlords decided to go fer a loverly long Italian late lunch..

Sooooo that's all that's new from Gary GNU!

Wabby
02-06-2006, 07:28 PM
Schatzi! thank goodness it was just yer electronics that was fried and not you! I hope insurance covers this damage? What an electrifying experience! and why is it that DH's always are called away when a crisis hits???

The baby shower was loverly and mama and baby got lots of nice things. We ate lots of food and did not play the goofy shower games. The sun even came out for the occasion.

I watched just enough of the Superbowl after the shower on Sunday to make me fall asleep. I woke up after it was all over. It's my favorite show to nap to.

Kiwonk
02-07-2006, 05:43 PM
Holy COW :moo: Schatzi!! How strange and terrifying! And what a mess, nothing like having to fix everything! I hope it doesn't cost you guys an arm and a leg.

Don't you all want me to have an A??? Shall I give you her phone number??I want you to have an A. I don't like telephones. Is there a petition I can sign?

I watched the entire Super Bowl. Including the ads. There were a couple of good ones. The new Clydesdale commercial was cute. Speaking of pants, we were watching with a couple of friends and happened to be talking about the uniforms when suddenly they showed a full screen view of the back end one of the Steelers crouching in formation. All that gold shiny arse was very frightening.

Sugar, do they sell pasteurized eggs there? I think those would work. I just don't worry about it, but I warn people who haven't had the pie before -- anyone with vulnerable health I suppose shouldn't risk raw eggs. I wonder if freezing the pie would kill anything? Probably not. I had salmonella once when I was a baby. My father brought it home from the hospital where he worked. I just like telling people that.

Boy do I hear you about the junk food. We have 3 bags of potato chips and one of tortilla chips in the house right now (some from Super Bowl, some from DH). I will not rest until they're gone. :stress: DH also brings home homemade donuts about once a week.

Glad the baby waited until after the shower, Wab. It's so inconvenient to have to huff and puff while opening presents...

Speaking of babies, mine will turn 18 on Thursday. So far, she hasn't been able to tell us anything that she wants for a present, and she's shot down the only thing we could come up with for an idea. Then I paid for an adorable 2x2 ad in the local weekly paper, with a baby pic of her and everything and they didn't run it! So, no present, no surprise ad in paper; I'm starting to get gun shy about planning anything at all. We are planning to take her and BF out for dinner on Friday, and have their other friends show up for dessert, but I'm not hopeful about it turning out. I was also thinking of getting up and making her waffles on Thursday (she usually just eats cereal for breakfast). I am discouraged. Who wants to give me ideas?

Kiwi

Cowpernia
02-08-2006, 08:08 AM
I searched on the net and copied this for you. I have nothing else to add. Glad Shots is ok.

Speaking as a freshman 18year old girl.

Things I really needed/was glad to have:

A giftcard to the university bookstore
nailclippers
postermounts
iTunes gift certificate
Cute cushions
A Brita Water filter
Slippers/Flipflops
DVDs
A Map of the city I moved to
A cordless telephone
A bulk box of ramen noodles/instant soup
Cool lamps/hanging lights

Wabby
02-08-2006, 12:12 PM
Those are all good gifts. Peachez is so smart. It gets harder as they get older to make their birthdays special.

I've been looking at pictures from the baby shower and I've got to do something about my weight. Those darn pictures don't lie.

I'm in a mood today. :( bleeeeeh.

Bunco is on Saturday. Maybe it will cheer me up.

Cowpernia
02-08-2006, 12:37 PM
I am down. I am not downtown. I am not in the basement. I am not about to jump on the up escalator. I am thinking too much about problemos and not enough about way-goodos. I want you to all (ALLLLL) go to my blog and post funny comments about my newest socks. You can do it. It takes anonymous comments I think (add your name) and I am not sensitive about these socks. They are slouchy and wirey. Maybe after washing, they'll be better but I'm wearing them now.

Wabbo and I share the same mood?

Go do it. I'll be checking on you. Shoo. Shoo.

Kiwonk
02-08-2006, 01:56 PM
Those are good ideas. I don't know where she will be next year, though, so most of those will have to wait. We wanted to replace her portable stereo (boom box?) because it wasn't working well and she said No she could get by with it. Or just get her a stereo system, No she wasn't sure what she would want next year. And of course I can't go shopping for clothes for her, there are no stores around here she'd want anything from. I guess money. Mainly I wanted everyone in town to know it was her birthday and make a big deal about it tomorrow. Stupid paper blew that for me.

So yeah, I'm down too. Bunco would cheer me up. Deal me in.

Oh blast. I forgot the dog is outside. Probably digging in the frozen tundra and I'll have to give her another bath. Noooooo :fr:

Kiwi

Bagzz
02-08-2006, 02:53 PM
OHHHHHHHH NOOOOOOOOO YOU ARE BRINGING ME DOWWWWWWWWWN!!!---MY BABY GIRL TURNS TWENTY!!!! NEXT WEEK!!! THIS IS SO SHOCKING MY LADIES!!!WHEN I MET Y'ALL SHE WAS 12---WHAAAAAAAAAA---i happen to KNOW what she wants---it's a necklace from Birks Jewellers----a fancy pants store---it's a two hundred dollar necklace----since i had NO ideas---i asked her father if he wanted to go "halfers" and he said great and so that is what she is getting---i guess if SHE DOESN'T LOSE IT!!!it may become special over the years----she has all the JUNK----mp3,laptop,piano,STUFF STUFF STUFF UP THE YIN AND YANG!!!!---it is very hard for sure--FOR INSTANCE!!-today is DH's b'day and all i ended up getting him were clothes--he doesn't want anything and that's the only thing i know he will end up using!!!---ds and i are making him a gingerbread cake as he loves it,and homemade pizza---BORRRRRRRRRRing,but what the **** can ya do????------SHATZI!!!!--- we had lightnening hit a transformer outside our house and it fried the tvs and the vcrs---one of the phones died-----there were flash marks on the washer and dryer too----IT WAS SOOOO LOUD AND SCARY!!!--- we also had lightnening take down part of a big chestnut tree in our yard-----I FEEL YER PAIN-- although your hit was MUCH more catastropic----CRAZY<EH!!! glad you are okay!!----regading FATness----i hear ya wabby----and i want kiwi's chips and i phoned peachers teacher requesting an A!!!----i need cherrry to come back---i haven't excercised in years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!

Wabby
02-08-2006, 04:38 PM
Mmmm. Gingerbread and homemade pizza.... Happy birthday Mr. Bagz... I think he sounds like a lucky man.

Wabby
02-08-2006, 07:04 PM
Ya know, I was just starting to post and the durn phone started ringing and ppl came in and.. don't they know I need to yak, not work?

Bagzie, remember wheeling DS up to Timmy's? Pretty soon our kids will be wheeling us around in our chairs..... Lordy, that's not a pleasant thought... where does time go? I'm gonna be a Grandma. Geez louise, that's a sobering thought. Can't I have Grandbabies without becoming a Grandma???? Guess not.... and this is the year I will be turning the half century mark.... and I will not be fit and fifty if something drastic doesn't happen.

Kiwi, you can play Bunco, but I can't deal you in because it's a dice game. A totally mindless, skilless dice game.

Peachez, I visited your blog. nice socks, but I like the ones before today's socks. They look softer. You are becoming quite the prolific sock producer.... hey, I hope you get outta the lousy mood :hug: --- I'm starting to feel a little better.... my extended family drives me crazy and makes me sad....

See yas cows tommorrah.... the sun'll come out tommorrow, bet your bottom dollar that tomorrow there'll be sun...............:cool:

Cowpernia
02-08-2006, 07:09 PM
They even spell lightning funny in Candyland.

Y'all go answer my email. Some of you are expect BS'ers. I need help. I need money. If it were my birthday, I'd make it easy for you all. But teenager girls ... chastity belt? So DS was nine when we met? He was easier then, too. He was happy just to be with me!!! Didn't need a girlfriend, car, job, and off to college. I was in tears last night over him and I'm not sure why. He keeps wanting to drive 7 hours away but after an almost-argument about it, I said, "I just want to keep you safe," and he said, "OK." And I cried. I don't know if that meant he accepted my NO or if it's coming back later.

Oh H*ll

SugP
02-09-2006, 02:12 AM
I would have cried too. 7 hours driving is TOO much for him. Can he go on the bus?

My babies were *2 and 5* when I met all yous cows. I cannot believe it.

Schatzi
02-09-2006, 05:36 AM
So yesterday the phone men came and dug the trench and laid new phone cable... I feed them banana muffins and a big pot of joe... . I requested that my phone wires be red and purple. My wish was granted.... So I'm thinkin things are smoothing out now... well we have to have the electrician in to replace circuit boxes or outlets, as I have no power in the bedrooms or bathrooms... no biggie since I have heat, my washer and dryer and what not..but he cant come till next week... so yesterday afternoon i was vacuuming and the Monoxide detector goes off!!! MY EARS NEEEEAAAR BLED!!!!!!!!!!!! So I figger, reset it... it goes off again...so I call the fire department.. well the police.. I tell them... ya would think that the dispatcher called out a 4 alarmer !!! No need fer them to come sireeeens a blaring in full turnout gear and big rigs... They come drapsing in their muddy dirty boots STOMP about...declare that the detector is wrong and probably was broken by the lightning... They leave... I Grrrrrr, drag out the vacum... mud stains....pull out the shampooer--only to now smell burning rubber! CRAP in my Hat! The power belt on the shampooer went...so I have partially cleaned wet carpets :tantrum:

I gave Landlord 2 bottles of wine -our homemade hooch.. I had left over labels of a mansion on a hill...kinda reminds me of the Frankenstein house... Anyway, I labeled the Chateau Neuf as "White Lightening" and the Merlot as "Greased Lightening" he heeee... and made thunderbolts over the mansion. He was so grateful, he said he was going back to his hotel room and opening one of them... I did not see him at all yesterday... I doooooo believe he might a been nursing a hangover :s:

I've only known you cows like 6 months... geez, you gals go back aloooong ways!

Peachie: did DS go to see LCP??? Pleese no.
Kiwi: bummer bout DD birthday paper announcement!!

Cowpernia
02-09-2006, 06:36 AM
where is kiwi when I need her?

DS did not go nowhere yet. DS is not likely to rebel against me like that. He's a good youngun. Purple and red sounds great. Do they have pink and and dark pink too? I'd like that.

n)
v. light·ened, light·en·ing, light·ens
v. tr.

1. To make light or lighter; illuminate or brighten.
2. To make (a color) lighter.
2. Archaic. To enlighten.

v. intr.

1. To become lighter; brighten.
2. To be luminous; shine.
3. To give off flashes of lightning.

Schatzi
02-09-2006, 06:47 AM
whats yer point thar peachie...
I have no clue what is it
Lightning or Lightening?? I vote Lightning ...and I aint going to websters to find out...

sigh, PoTAto PAtaTOE, ToMAYTOe , TAMAHtoe, let's call the whole thing offf....lalalalala

Cowpernia
02-09-2006, 08:57 AM
My point was that you and Miss Bagz both spelled it wrong but I spelled it right. I am Queen of Lightning Spelling.

I really don't think anybody says PAtaTOE. I think we all say Pa-tay-toe. Am I wrong Sugar and Bagzie?

Schatzi
02-09-2006, 12:25 PM
Great minds think alike eh thar Bagzzybabe?

Wabby
02-09-2006, 12:34 PM
Schatzi, you and Painty are our honorary long time members of the herd. Gosh, girly, you're really having the time of it, aren't you? It sounds to me as if you're just trying to meet all the cute phone guys and firemen in the area. ..... so you you're an amateur vintner???? My next door neighbor has a vineyard. He grows Pinot Noir, Chardonnay and Muscat grapes. I think I might beg some of his leftover grapes off him this year and experiment w/ making my own wine. He has a stemmer/crusher and the whole works so he could give me grape juice ready to go. One of my bestest 3d friends makes her own wine, she once exploded a whole vat of wine all over her garage because she figured if a little yeast would work a whole lotta yeast would work really good. She told me she'd help me make wine... should I take her up on it considering her history???

Peach, I'm still ruminating on an answer for you. I think it's very natural for you to be having a hard time w/ DS growing up and away.... he's been your life for years now, it's hard to let that go. It's even hard for me sometimes and DS works for us and I see him every day, and DD usually visits me every week on her day off.... but it's not the same as them needing you for everything. It's not the same as all of them sitting around the dinner table at night, telling you how their day was...... d*mn, now you;re making me weepy...... I once drove 8 hours from Portland to Boise, Idaho to visit DH when we were young (18) and in looooove, but looking back on it, I think my parents were insane to let me go. In fact, I don't ever remember there being a conversation w/ my parents about it, and that was in the day before cell phones, and the drive between Portland and Boise is muy desolate. I was driving a Datsun 510 w/ no air conditioning and it was blasted hot...

I was right about the sun coming out.... it's a beeee-uuuuu-tee-fullll day here.

SugP
02-09-2006, 01:47 PM
Schatzi!!!! My brain is not functioning as it should and I have neglected to tell you how sorry I am that your house got electrified! That's just awful. Hope things will be back to normal soon. :hug:

I never, ever drove 8 hours anywhere by myself. You're so brave, Wabs. I would probably pass out.

Can one use 'lightening' in the same way as 'shortening'? :p

Cowpernia
02-09-2006, 02:01 PM
Yes... I'm lightening my hair myself but then I'm getting the hairdresser to do the shortening.

Shots do you live on a hill? Can you get a cute rooster lightning rod?

Wabby
02-09-2006, 02:40 PM
Sugar has made me crave Branston Pickle, even tho I've never tasted it. According to google, it may be available here at Cost Plus World Market. I'm going to check it out this weekend. I would have left this comment at your blog, but I've forgotten my password. I know. I commented yesterday, but since then, my brain quit working and I forgot.

We don't get lightning or lightening strikes around here very often, so we don't have a cute rooster lightning or lightening rod. We do, however, have a cute rooster weather vane on top of our barn. oh, wait, me lie. It's a horse weathervane.

I'm going to the hairdresser tonight to get lighteninged and shorteninged.

Cowpernia
02-09-2006, 02:43 PM
I am so embarrassed to learn I've confused lightning rods and weather vanes. Weren't they featured in the the Music Man? I am trying to do taxes and finding that one form has been misplaced. Where is it?

SugP
02-09-2006, 03:11 PM
It's in your sock drawer. SOCK!

Wabs - You have permission to post anonymously if you want to. :D I know what you mean about the passwords and stuff. Sometimes I can't remember mine either. You can probably get Branston Pickle at larger supermarkets and specialty stores. My tongue is still tingling from lunch. :devil:

Cowpernia
02-09-2006, 03:23 PM
I'd be happy with anonymous posts, too. You can say Wab or something so we know it's you.

I found my forms and did my taxes online. Supposed to be free. At the end, it said that after they're efiled, I can use my credit card to order copies of the forms. Nowhere could I find the cost of those copies. The free service I used this year doesn't exist anymore. Was H&R block. Don't see nuthin free there.

is anything easy?

Cowpernia
02-09-2006, 03:31 PM
Really, it's burning me up. Nowhere on their d*mn*d site does it talk about the free for getting copies to print of your forms. And to ask them a question, it's a minimum of $1.95. Really this is a case of someone needling a punch in the nose.

Wabby
02-09-2006, 05:10 PM
Nothing is free in this world. Especially on web sites that advertise free stuff.

What do you think of the name Cadence? Do you like it better spelled w/ a K? My favorite names are Ava, Emma or Calli. Except I think Calli sounds like a little girl, not a woman, which as we all know, little girls grow into. Did you know Grandmas don't get to pick out the name?

Cowpernia
02-09-2006, 05:58 PM
I can easily picture an attractive woman named Calli. She has her hair up and is in charge of things. She's very calm and peaceful.

I've never heard the name Cadence before but could adjust to it easily. Why don't you get to pick out the name?

I found another site that did my taxes for free and gave me copies for free and was easy and smart.

Wabby
02-10-2006, 11:53 AM
I went to get my hair done yesterday. It was a cut and color appt. I told her we should go a little less blonde. She heard less blonde, but not little. Now it's too dark. I look dark and menopausal. Maybe it will grow on me.

Sugar, how do you have the time to update your blog so religiously? You do such a good job. I haven't started a blog because 1. I don't do all that much on a daily basis. 2. I figured if I can't email a picture to the herd, I'd never figure out how to post a picture on a blog. 3. I would never allow pictures of my old, saggy, self to be posted in a public place. Maybe just my eyelashes.

I'm so happy it's friday and it's sunny.... and Bunco is tomorrow night... it doesn't take much to make me happy.... it would make me really, really happy if everybody posted a whole bunch today.

Kiwonk
02-10-2006, 01:47 PM
I once drove 8 hours from Portland to Boise, Idaho to visit DH when we were young (18) and in looooove, but looking back on it, I think my parents were insane to let me go.Just to drive (heh heh) you all crazy, I would like to point out that at age 18 and up I drove myself back and forth to college: 18 hours each way. Sometimes I stayed in a motel room halfway through the trip; sometimes I slept in my car in a rest stop. I am so in for it when DD goes away to college :no: -- she is just like me that way.

Oh please don't let them spell Cadence with a K. I really hate misspelled names. I like Ava, Emma and Calli too. I'm not sure about Cadence for a name because most people will think they are saying Candace, but it does kind of grow on you. And it does have a nice meaning: ca·dence (kād'ns) pronunciation
n., pl. -denc·es.

1. Balanced, rhythmic flow, as of poetry or oratory.
2. The measure or beat of movement, as in dancing or marching.
1. A falling inflection of the voice, as at the end of a sentence.
2. General inflection or modulation of the voice.
4. Music. A progression of chords moving to a harmonic close, point of rest, or sense of resolution.

Here's a link that made me think of us Cowies: LINK (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1125844#post1125844)
It gets a bit much at the end, but it's nice anyway.

I'm hoarse from yelling at the dog. She is in so much trouble -- she was playing nicely with one of her toys and then I started hearing something different and I went to check -- she chewed a big hole in DH's guitar case. I think he will skin her alive.

Well, Peaches, you hit the nail on the head with that url about what to give an 18 yr old girl. I got her a Leatherman and she was thrilled! Her BF said it should have come with a lock and key. She has a reputation for being klutzy.

Anyway, we are going out for a nice dinner tonight to celebrate the new adult. I think I need a nap first.

Kiwi

Schatzi
02-10-2006, 02:03 PM
Just a quick post .... what is a leatherman????

And a happy MOOOO to DD Kiwi!

I just finished updating my resume from my last job from ****, that sucked the life outta me in YANKAHS... so now I am exhausted , must rest... will be back later to post more.

Kiwonk
02-10-2006, 02:55 PM
Just a quick post .... what is a leatherman????Leatherman! (http://www.leatherman.com/products/tools/default.asp) I know your sweetie's got one or you do. Well, maybe it's more of a backwoods thing...

Thanks for the mooooooving greeting...

k

Wabby
02-10-2006, 03:00 PM
The Leatherman was invented by a local boy - they're headquarters are here in Portland, Oregon. So obviously they're high tech, not backwoods.... or maybe not.

Happy Birthday, Kiwonkgirl.

That was a nice link, Kiwi, and very true.

Cowpernia
02-10-2006, 03:51 PM
1. Nice link. Now I'm mad that my sissy doesn't post here anymore.

2. I like that Shots. She's smart in the right places. I was hired today by a supermarket that is truly the best of all supermarkets. I will tell why they're the best someone after I start working and see if I still feel that way.

3. Which leatherman did you get? DS bought something that looked like those for the boy in California that I made socks for. I didn't think to look at the brand name. Was weird looking and cool.

4. DS is gone for the night. Gone to Mississippi to compete in a smart kid tournament. Kiwi, don't you wish your kid went places like Mississippi instead of Boston, New York, other old stuffy places.

5. I have not eaten meat for a few days and have a BIGGER belly. Doesn't seem right.

6. DS ordered Valentine flowers for lcp. I did encourage him to not forget the day and to make her feel special. Flowers will make a 17 yo girl feel special because all the other girls will make squealing noises about them.

Wabby
02-10-2006, 04:07 PM
Miz Peach --- You're sooooo cool. Howzabouta YIPPEEEEESKIPPEEEEEE!!!!! on the new job---- if that ain't worth some dancing carrots, I don't know what is------:carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot:
Only time and whether or not you manage to work and post regularly will tell if it's the best supermarket in the world.

Schatzi
02-10-2006, 05:26 PM
Peaches by the Pound:
1. How ABSOOOLUTELY EFFEN FREEKIN F A B U L O U S!!!!:hug:

2. Nice Link indeed.. I got that awhile back and when my Neicelette got married I copied it in calligraphy (ok, maybe not, but it would have been nice) and put it in her marriage gift. Aww Group Cow hugs :grouphug: O enuf with the mush...but tis the time of the year eh?

3. Ah ha the leatherman..We callem Swiss knives down here... acourse we got a million of them.. not as nice as the leatherman though... I had naughty thoughts of Eddie Cibrian : no shirt, leather chaps and a cowboy hat. I like my idea better.

4. KIWIette and little CowPoke are SCHMAHT and Good kids... You Really are both so very blessed... I'm sure you know that ..

5. MamaPeach done did good... LCP should get flowers or a sentimental teddy bear .. how sweet..young luv...

6. I like making lists

7. Wabbit: Yes, DH and I are amateur vintners.. when in jersey we went to a winery located in all places urban/suburban Bridgwater. A place called Grape Expectations. DH and I both love wine and we hit on this ad advertising an open house. We went to this warehouse where they had rows of barrels.. Taste tested their fare and decided it would be fun to learn and make our own. We did it for 3 years and have enuf wine to last us 3 lifetimes over.. We've made the Chat, Merlot, Cab, A cab/Merlolot blend;a cab/merlot/ cab franc (my fav) We odered the grapes, crushed and strained them...learned how much yeast to put inand how to adjust the sugar and PHs... Each day I went and punched the grapes down. A week later we put it through the presses, and into the oak barrels... Then go about 4 months later to rack it.. Then buy the bottles and caps, and labels and bottle them. Much Fun!! We would listen to Frank Sinatra and Louie somebuddy, sample and eat antipaste...

8. I think my laptop is dying... seriously. and DH computer geek is not here!!!

9. Cadence... I like the meaning... I still think K or C, she'll be called Candy.

10. Just because I need a list to end in an even number

Wabby
02-10-2006, 06:54 PM
No. She would not be called Candy. I forbid it. It would be ok if you called her Cadi or Kadi. As in Kaydee. But don't spell it that way.

Bagzz
02-10-2006, 07:37 PM
whatever name you give that little darlin--she will be stunningly beautiful---what fun!!! now the cows have a grandbaby!!!--is this our first???? someone for us to fuss about!!! wabby----your life will change SOOO much---all you will want to do is hold and play with that baby!!!!=====peachballs----how far away is the ds????did he drive there himself--- i don't have a conception of the distance between mississippi and dogpatch========i am excited about the supermarket job----i think you always liked getting weighed at the winn dixie=-=====hi shatz----your wine making sounds very complicated---the people i know just buy the mix!!!====real grapes must be much better-----------kiwonk----yesssss- we call those Swiss Army Knives!! cool gift!!

Cowpernia
02-10-2006, 08:01 PM
mississippi is 2 states away and he went in the school van.

I hate wine.

I'm not crazy about parenting teenagers. Did any of you notice the comment left on my blog by a person who thinks they're all bad?

SugP
02-11-2006, 07:39 AM
1. Yay! You got a job! Tell us all about it. Anything to do with cinnamon buns?

2. Teenagers are NOT all bad. Someone wrote that on your blog? A pox on them for all eternity.

3. We have many, many leathermen at our house. Dh says a leatherman is almost like a Swiss army knife but not quite. Not that it matters. Leathermen are very useful.

4. I don't drink wine, but I would make an exception for Schatzi's 'cause it's made with looooove.

5. Cadence is a sweet name. I like Emma too. The beautiful baby will inherit Wabby's loooooong eyelashes and Mr. Wabby's business sense.

6. Kiwi is the absolute bravest - 18 hours and motel rooms? Wow.

7. Warning: diet and weight loss talk coming up. Sensitive persons are advised to leave the room: Last night we had friends for dinner and they brought us the almost latest German Weight Watchers Flex Points Points Book. Woohooo! :carrot: It has real German food in it so I can actually see how many points I'm eating. Friend, who is not even close to being fat, has lost about 6 lbs so far. I am allowed 21 points, dh is allowed 33. Is that fair??? I think not. I don't know if I'll lose weight, but the book is fun.

Cowpernia
02-11-2006, 08:40 AM
1. I deleted it once I saw the name of his blog. He lives in Spain, he says, but the blog was so bad (to me) that I didn't even want to click on it.

2. Cinnamon buns! How'd you guess?

3. What a wonderful book, Sugar! Ground breaking!!

4. I would be nice if they'd make a icon of a leatherman smashing that carrot.

Schatzi
02-12-2006, 02:04 PM
WHERE HAVE ALL THE COWS GONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :moo:

I personally like a lot of light to come in sooo, my blinds are always UP. We also have a door with long vertical glass panels flanking each side... These, along with the glass pane farmer framed back door, go sheerless. I like to listen to my music LOUD, and have been known to play air guitar on my swiffer , do the Chuck Berry Goose Walk and head bang like I was 17 again. Things I've noticed:

1) Your music should not be so loud you can't hear the door bell--or maybe I jest dont care anymore...hence my desire to have at least 3 acres of propeeerteeee

2) Even if I think everyone does the "Dancing with myself" and plays phantom instruments, apparently everyone else is in denial.

3) A sure way to ward off a Jehovah witness (unless you would like a visit) is to be seen doin 1 and 2 to the Rolling Stones, Sympathy for the Devil--and ask "So how did ya like my air guitar on my swiffer duster?"

Cowpernia
02-12-2006, 05:55 PM
That is useful, shots, since I learned first-hand that telling them you've just had a death in the family and have to pack to jump on an airplane doesn't phase them.

Cowpernia
02-13-2006, 12:10 PM
National Merit FINALIST WOOO HOOOOOO

I can't think of what else to say!! Hope he takes what's offered as it's MAGNIFICENT and doesn't throw it away for ....

I haven't heard from the guy with the drug test for the job. Should I call him?

Kiwonk
02-13-2006, 02:21 PM
:bravo: :cp: Congratulations to the Peachboy!!! :dancer: :twirly: :high:

I knew he could do it! Yay!!

We have some new smilies. Now if I lose my keyboard (which has happened so many times in the past couple of days that I haven't posted), I can tell you that I am going :stir: :crazy: , or at least :belly: for you. Heehee.

I could use some of this: :dust: I started cleaning the bathroom yesterday; I got halfway through it. Don't even talk to me about diet. They were selling Doritos 2 for the price of one the other day. I've finished them both.

I got nuffin to say, so Hi everyone and Bye.

Kiwi

Bagzz
02-13-2006, 03:15 PM
WOW!!! PEACHIE DARLING!!! CONGRATULATIONS TO YOUR DARLING---NOW PLEASE MAP OUT WHAT THIS MEANS AS WE DON'T HAVE THESE ---I THINK WE HAVE SOMETHING THAT GIVES YOU A GIANT SCHOLARSHIP,BUT I DON'T KNOW THE NAME----DETAILS PLEASE!!!!! LIKE--- do they tell you what school you have to go to ---can he use it at the LCP's school etc etc!!! DEETS DEETS!!!!!kiwonk---step away from the doritos!!!! { if they were Lay's chips,i'd fight ya for them}

Wabby
02-13-2006, 04:36 PM
Way to go Peachboy!!!! and congrats to the mother of the scholar. You did a good job raising him, mom. :bravo:

Schatzi, you be the talk o' the town. As long as you're not playing air guitar in the altogether, you're ok. I figure Jehovah's Witness' have seen it all.

Hey! I'm the Bunco Queen :queen: I won $32 on Saturday.

:hat:

SugP
02-13-2006, 05:33 PM
That's wonderful news, Peachy!! That boy is going to go places fast. And I don't mean to Mississippi. Or do I?

I caught another cold. I think I just better throw my immune system in the garbage and get a new one.

ds12 left this morning on a five-day class trip ski holiday thingie. Ds9 is happy to have me all to himself.

Kiwonk
02-13-2006, 07:02 PM
Wow, 5 days skiing with a bunch of 12 year olds! Doesn't that sound like trip to paradise... Pity the poor teachers.

And congrats to Wabby for raking it in at bunco.

DH just admitted that having the dog around (jumping on him, following him from room to room, bringing him toys ) is giving him motivation to get out of the house and go to work. Finally, it worked. :s:

Kiwi

Cherry Cow
02-14-2006, 08:27 AM
Congratulations to Peachboy!

Since my stirring declaration that I would be focused on diet and exercise, I gained 6 pounds and am now back to 199.3.

I've given up pop starting today. I'm also giving up daily weigh-ins and only weighing in once a week.

After I post this, I'm going to walk the dogs, do an easy Cathe tape, go to the store and buy fruit and string cheese to put in my bag, and then go to campus until 9pm.

Wabby
02-14-2006, 11:45 AM
Because it was warm and sunny on Sunday, and because I pruned my roses, the weather has turned cold. It's actually snowing for the first time all year. My roses are all naked and shivering.

Cherry, drat those 6 pounds. That's what seems to happen to me as soon as I make stirring declarations about losing weight too. It has the opposite effect.

Cowpernia
02-14-2006, 01:09 PM
Wow, Wabbo. Think of all the sock yarn you could buy with that !:val1:

It got down to 28 last night. Do yankees/Canadians leave their water running all night? I'm so used to it that I don't know if it's ok not to.

DS send LCP flowers. He's new at this but he did order them several days ago. He didn't order them weeks ago like I suggested but didn't wait til the same day. Unfortunately, things go wrong all the time and he made the mistake of ordering online and entering the wrong delivery day. Oh, and the wrong address. He did catch it and did correct it and they did say it was ok. But they didn't send the confirmation email and today they delivered the flowers to the wrong address. They called him to say so. They said they have asked the florist to deliver them to the right address but they can't guarantee it. These flowers were expensive to start with and upped in price when he made the corrections THE SECOND TIME. It's so hard to stand back and watch them grow up.

This is me: :yoga:

This is the chick formerly known as ... what was it? ... Sheba or something: :belly:

This is what I'd like to do to the carrot: :hungry:

Wabby
02-14-2006, 04:12 PM
I now know I can drive aaaallll the way to the mall, buy See's candy, eat a hot dog on a stick and make it back to work in an hour. Do any of you have See's candy? I bought DH a satin valentine heart full of yum, plus DS & DD's valentine chocolates plus a teeny box of truffles for moi. I'm lookin' out for #1.

Cowpernia
02-14-2006, 04:20 PM
Read my lips Wabbit, Mmmfphennrsmm

that's me saying I don't have See's here but I had See's in California and is one of the things I miss most. No one ever sends it to me and I have asked for it. They send me jammies.

SugP
02-15-2006, 02:51 AM
I now know I can drive aaaallll the way to the mall, buy See's candy, eat a hot dog on a stick and make it back to work in an hour.

That made me giggle hysterically. :D Wabs, you are so funny!

Valentine's Day is over and I missed this? :val1:

Cherry! How discouraging, but don't give up - we're here for ya!

Cherry Cow
02-15-2006, 09:27 AM
Good morning! Today, I walked the dogs- only 15 minutes, but it was a hilly 15 minutes. I have another 10 minutes of walking planned before work and 10 after work. And tonight, I'll try to do my abs and pushups.

I'm also working on mindful eating-- eating when I'm hungry, eating what I really want... all that jazz. More about that boring stuff is on my zippygirl blog, so I don't bore you here.

I don't know what is this thing called See's.

PainterWoman
02-15-2006, 01:16 PM
Greetings. I am alive and... um, not kicking, exactly, but twitching.
I am an entire Alpine mountain range all by myself... lumps, bums, moguls... but no how skiers on MY slopes.:devil:
Must do a bit of work so I can play and avoid the great cloud of depression.:(
Do you think exercise and eating right would help? D'oh!
:dust: :woops: :val3:

Schatzi
02-16-2006, 09:48 AM
Oh woe, Painty, I too am a bump mogul infested fat lump. Must find my way to exercising again..sigh....

DH totally forgot it was vday... I signed off our conversation saying.."oh Btw, happy vday" ... "Oh yeah, um you too" I was seriously thinking that the FTD man would be delivering flowers...silly of me.

Wabby
02-16-2006, 12:19 PM
DDIL is in labor ---- I dropped off food supply to DS at the hospital this morning ---- and I'm here at work waiting for the call that things have progressed ---- I'm supposed to get called when the Dr. is ------ :hyper:

Schatzi
02-16-2006, 01:14 PM
OHHHH GRAMMA WABBY!!!!!!!! How EXXXXXCITING!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll be thinkin about you DS and DDIL allllll day!!!! Here's to a easy delivery and a healthy baby!!!!!
:toast:

Cowpernia
02-16-2006, 03:29 PM
A baby!!! Shots is this your birthday, too???

This is the best news!!!!!

(I wish they'd tell me if SHE married HIM ... those ads, you know)

Schatzi
02-16-2006, 03:36 PM
Peachie!!!! I didn't even think of that.....!!!!
WABBY .... Have DDIL Cross her legs tilllll 12 TONIGHT !!! Oooooh I might have a birthbaby share my Bday tomorrrrroooooooowwwwwww!!!!

Kiwonk
02-16-2006, 04:43 PM
This is the chick formerly known as ... what was it? ... Sheba or something: :belly: I tried to upload her photo, and she crashed my computer. I had to go get a new copy of my browser. I'm determined not to let her get the best of me, but I still can't upload any pictures, so she'll have to wait. I can't even remember who she was or why I have her picture. As a horrible warning, perhaps. You should see her. :barf:

Kiwi

p.s. Darling, we do not run the water all night ever. Well, occasionally we let the faucets drip if we are going out of town for vacation in the wintertime, but mostly we don't think of it. Seems to me that if your house is heated at all, your pipes can't possibly freeze. Unless of course your water heater is out in the barn or something. :dizzy:

Kiwonk
02-16-2006, 05:03 PM
Can't wait to hear!

DH totally forgot it was vday... I signed off our conversation saying.."oh Btw, happy vday" ... "Oh yeah, um you too" I was seriously thinking that the FTD man would be delivering flowers...silly of me.OOPS! I'll bet he feels like a nitwit. Pre-occupied with work, no doubt.

On :val3: day, I asked DH to get a card for DD when he was going out, and he insisted on giving me the card and gift he'd gotten me (an M&M coffee cup) before he left the house. So he could prove that he'd gotten it before :val1: day! Isn't that hilarious?

I made 3D sugar cookie sculptures for DD and DH. Very cute. When photo uploading gets back to working, I'll show you.

Painty, glad you're still with us, even if you are feeling like hill. harhar Did you watch the snowboarding halfpipe events? I never thought I'd be interested in it, but I was amazed. Those kids are incredible. I love the 2 that won gold, Shaun White and Hannah something. Cuter than bugs' ears.

Spent yesterday on the school bus with the h.s. jazz band going to their competition. They did quite well, are going on to the states in April. At school that day it was "Wacky Tacky Day" and DD wore the poofy skirt she made for the Christmas dance along with red fishnet stockings, an anime character t-shirt and a sweatshirt. One of the kids in her class said that he saw her come in the room that way and didn't think anything of it, then he saw another girl come in dressed up goofy and thought "what the heck is going on???" haha. My kid has quite a reputation.

The thing is she wore this outfit all day, on the bus, into the high school where the competition is, where she changed into the khaki slacks and navy blue school jazz band polo for going onstage, then afterwards changed back into it and wore it to Pizza Hut where we all went for dinner. My girl. Her bf just smiles and shakes his head. But he doesn't leave her side! Her only competition in goofiness is the other girl who dressed up for Wacky Day. I didn't see what she wore to school but she wore a handmade Pepsi can hat on the bus trip: made of pieces of Pepsi cans sewn together with cording into a baseball cap shape, very eye catching. Especially since the girl is 6 feet tall.

Tomorrow we get to go to the university to see the college production of Jesus Christ Superstar -- with the kids again--who will be performing it for show choir next month, so they are eager to see it live.

K

Schatzi
02-16-2006, 05:31 PM
I stopped reading when I got to Shaun White... I'd do him in an ny second and if I was 25 years younger.. I have a thing fer red heads....WHAT A SICK PERVO AM I???

Artsy progeny always have eclectic off the main street taste and aren't encumbered to display it kiwi.. I cant wait to hear about the ongoings fer Jesus Christ ... I looveeee my CD to bits...

sing with me now: Whats the buzz tell me whatsa happen'n ...whatsthebuzz tellmewhatsa happen'n!!! WHY should you want to know dont u mindabout the futureeeeeedont u try to think aheaddddddddddddsave tomorrow fer tomorrow thinkabouttodayinstead...... whhoooohooooow, Schatzi sings !

Schatzi
02-16-2006, 06:20 PM
Wabby,keep DDils legs crossed fer juuuust a few more hours...hmmm... West coast.. like 9 more hours!!!

Bagzz
02-16-2006, 06:20 PM
Shatzi!!! I Got To Hug Ted Neely {of The Movie Musical Superstar} He Was In Our Town Performing The Stage Version And The Dd's And I Waited For Him In Back Of The Theatre----he Smelled Divine {of Course}------oh My Goodness---i Guess We Have To Wait Until Tomorrow To Find Out About Our New Grandbaby!!! How Exciting!!!! This Is Wonderful!!!! Hurry Up Baby Wabbit!!!

Kiwonk
02-16-2006, 06:22 PM
Yeehaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Kiwonk
02-16-2006, 06:25 PM
Well, it's still only 3:30 out there, so if news comes in the next hour or so, maybe Wabbit will post before she flies over to the hospital!

SugP
02-16-2006, 06:29 PM
Where's that sweet little baby???:val3: :bb: :hat:

Kiweee - you don't mean Alexa do you? :fr:

Schatzi
02-16-2006, 06:32 PM
WABBY! U R Probably at hospital with DDIL!!!! None the less. toooooo excited must post exciiiiittttment!!!!

bagz ....LUCKY YOU!!!!!!!!!!!! sigh, DH been gone too long.... I am watching TV and want to smell Harry Connick jrs arm pit....
Hey at least I have my boundries, cheney was on and I had no sexual thoughts

Kiwonk
02-16-2006, 06:50 PM
Hey at least I have my boundries, cheney was on and I had no sexual thoughts:barf: I'm so glad.

Yes, Sugar, I mean Alexa. I thought I typed that in there somewhere, then I looked and I hadn't. My memory doesn't serve me (that would be the opposite of the phrase "if memory serves me..." wouldn't it?), what do you remember about her?

k

SugP
02-17-2006, 02:03 AM
Alexa
looked like a man in drag
ate boneless, skinless chicken breasts as snacks
had a weird husband
couldn't walk through her house without tripping because of all the junk on the floor
liked sending scary pictures of herself to innocent bystanders

Wabby
02-17-2006, 12:51 PM
I'm the Grandma of the most beautiful child in the world!!!!! Momma and Daddy and baby are doing wonderfully and yes, she is definitely a girl. She already has a pink bow in her hair, which is dark and thick. She didn't hold out for Schatzi's birthday - she was born at 6:43 pm on February 16th. She is 6 lbs. 13 ounces and 19 1/2" long. DS tears up every time he looks at her. What else can I tell you, but that we're all in awe of this tiny babe. She's perfectly perfect.

Schatzi
02-17-2006, 01:43 PM
Congratulations Gramma Wabby!!!!! How precious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cowpernia
02-17-2006, 02:29 PM
She's a lucky Wabby Baby to have so much love. Does she have a name?

Wabby
02-17-2006, 02:47 PM
Her name is Kadence Kaye. I just talked to DS and he said she's figured out how to breastfeed. She's exceptionally intelligent. DS has already had the pleasure of changing her pants. She's also already pee'd and upchucked on him and he sounds absolutely thrilled about it. :dizzy:

Cowpernia
02-17-2006, 03:08 PM
I'm thrilled, too. That's how it should be!! Remember when DS was little, you changed HIS pants and he peed across the room or into your face? They all did it .. those boys. We talked it about it for days. Everything babies do is wonderful.

I started my job today. Went through some training with a workbook and video. Tomorrow it's a whole day and the next days is almost a whole day. Will I survive????

Kiwonk
02-17-2006, 03:48 PM
Pun intended! :hug:

So excited to hear about all the BABY LOVE!!!

Isn't it just too cool to see your very own son loving his very own little sweet baby!?!

Enjoy Enjoy Enjoy!!!

And good luck to you Peaches, I think you'll have a fab time aworkin'. Are you the greeter? Just kidding.

Kiwi

Bagzz
02-17-2006, 05:45 PM
OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS IS SO EXCITING---BABY KADENCE!!!HOW ADORABLE!!!----she is born two days before my baby Katie!!!i am so happy for you all--especially since she was such a nice healthy size and the mommy is doing well--and bravo for the nursing mother---that is SOOO good for the baby!!!lots of work,but worth it!----now we have something exciting to talk about and of course wabby at the first of the week---- WHERE ARE THE PICTURES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!----- as for our Georgia Peach----i look forward to stories galore from your new perch ----observing the human cows in their favourite pastures!!!

SugP
02-18-2006, 08:10 AM
Wonderful News! Congratulations to all the Wabbits!

Kiwonk
02-19-2006, 02:02 PM
Where have all the Cowsies gone?
Long time passing
Long time ago
Out having fun without this one
When will they ever learn?
When will they ever learn?

I want peectures of the leetle teeny Wabbitsan and news about the new Peachjob and many other updates. I'll be sitting here waiting. Thank you.

Kiwonk
02-19-2006, 02:34 PM
We had to go to a family funeral yesterday :( It was a little wierd, although well-attended. (Yeah, I know that's a strange thing to say) DD couldn't go because after trying for a week and a half to arrange an interview with a Brown U. representative, it finally worked out for exactly the same time as the funeral. We had to drive 45 minutes away in the old barfy pickup truck to the funeral, because our precious little flower still doesn't know how to use a manual transmission well enough to drive it. Not that that was such a horrible curse, I just dislike the truck. To subtly protest the state of things, I wore my glommy winter boots with my funeral attire. :s: Everyone was suitably impressed/didn't notice.

Poor doggy had to stay home all afternoon and evening by herself because she wouldn't be able to stay in the car at all -- it was minus 7 degrees F. With a hefty wind chill. If the weather doesn't get better soon, she's going to go Doggie Bananas and I'm sure she'll take us with her.

This is school vacation week. As usual we have nothing planned. At least not anything fun.

Kiwi

Schatzi
02-19-2006, 03:23 PM
Yes Yes, we need updates! Good luck to kiwiette on the interview at Brown..That girl has the woild by the tail!

DH managed to get an earlier flight so he will be home tomorrow night instead of Tuesday... I'm going to make a Cherry Cake for him... and I made dinner reservations for thursday at this fancyschmancy steakhouse to celebrate our bdays, vday and his new job...
I am doing ridiculously crafting things today...I made a sunflower wreath with a leaf spiral for the front door. I measured the front area for seeds...I'm planning an English cottage garden this year...and in the backyard flower boxes on the deck filled with Butterfly and hummingbird attracting crap... and a raised bed vegetable garden ..

I have these neighbors that are oh sooo neighborly but tend to booze 24-7... she came over to invite me fer dinner... she asked what I was doing and when I told her I was measuring fer my flower garden she began to admonish me to STOP taking care of this house.. I'm a renter dammit and I shouldnt be improving "their" property...I should give the owners a list of the flowers i want to plant and let them buy them... I just listened :shrug: as she continued her soapbox that we are taking toooooo gooood of care of "other people's" property... :blah: :blah: I will continue to do what I want when I want if it makes me happy so crap on her... but I guess I'll go over fer a meal.. her husband is a good cook and her DD is adorable.

Cowpernia
02-19-2006, 11:16 PM
Spring break? Now? DS's is March 20. Some have it in April.

I have been at my Peachjob. It's not bad. My feet hurt tremendously yesterdayand the woman who's training me needs a punch in the nose at times, but a job is a job as Shots said and it's ok.

I want some of those orthopedic shoes. Do nurses still wear them? The last nurse I saw was wearing those plastic thingies that come in tons of colors and have straps on the back that can disappear.

Kiwonk
02-20-2006, 12:26 AM
Well, we ain't stupid around here. We know it's not spring. This is February vacation. Spring break comes later. In Spring. Here in ****'s Frozen Over we need extra time off because. Just because.

Or maybe just because we'd kill each other if we didn't.

Crazy woods people. Cabin fever. Temperatures below zero. You do the math.

I still forget what you're doing for work. Weighing things at the Winn Dixie?

Kiwi

P.S. Don't wear those plastic things. You'll slip in a spill on Aisle 7 and crack your noggin.

Wabby
02-20-2006, 01:17 PM
Ooooooh! Schatzi's a gardener! Don't listen to your neighbor - I spend a ton of money every single year on flowers and plants and such. Lots of them only last a year anyway - so what - they make me happy when they're blooming.

I emailed some pictures, but knowing me, who knows if you'll actually get them or if they'll be sized ok. Peachez email address has already rejected me. I don't know why--- maybe Kiwi or Bagzie could re email it out to her. If you do get the pictures you will see that she's gorgeous... and at the last minute they changed her name to Kaden Kay. I call her Sweet Pea.

Nurses wear athletic shoe clog thingies now. I know, because I saw lots of them recently in the maternity ward. They look like Nikes but they have the back missing. Sorry your feets are hurting, Peach. I worked retail when I was very young and it was torture to stand all day.... and that was when I was young and skinny. No way would my feet be able to support my --- ahem, portly body now days.

I puppy-sat DS's yellow lab puppy since last week -- Kiwi I feel your pain --- I forgot how much energy a puppy can have. My house looked like a bomb went off in it, and there were doggy footprints on the floor and nose slimes on the window, and hair everywhere. I don't know how DS and DDIL are going to handle a puppy and a baby too.

Check your emails and tell me if you can see pictures. I bought a new camera on Saturday. Can't take pictures of a new baby w/ an old camera.

SugP
02-20-2006, 01:54 PM
I could see the pics, Wabby and she is BEAUTIFUL! So tiny and perfect. You must be just thrilled to bits.

Yes! Orthopedic clogs. I've worked in retail too and the standing is the WORST. Got the ugly veins in the legs to show for it. Ugh.

I did Leslie yesterday and today and didn't eat that much. Oh, except for rice krispie treats. I can't stand being at this weight any more, it's depressing.

Maybe I'll just go off and think about how adorable that little baby is. :bb: :bb: :bb:

Kiwonk
02-20-2006, 02:17 PM
I emailed some pictures, but knowing me, who knows if you'll actually get them or if they'll be sized ok. Peachez email address has already rejected me. Pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just downloaded them and I'm looking at them right now. She is adorable!! Hee, love the little bow! You are going to have so much fun with little Sweet Pea!!

Is that a handpainted bunny on the wall? :mag:

Peachie has a super suspicious spam thing, so it probably rejected your work email address. I'll send them to her.

Kiwi

Kiwonk
02-20-2006, 02:24 PM
My 3D friend who moved to Oregon is taking Master Gardener classes. I haven't heard how they are going (actually I don't even know what they entail). Wabbit, you should do that when you retire. Do you ever get to retire?

Oh yeah, Happy Presidents Day! :thanks2:

Haha get it? Bunch of Turkeys? Well, not the ones we traditionally honor, but you know, the current batch.

Speaking of turkeys, how about that Cheney? Nitwit.

Kiwi

Wabby
02-20-2006, 02:26 PM
I resent the pictures to Peaches and it looks like they went through.

The bunny was one of the pictures that DS painted on the nursery wall. It's weally a wabbit.

It's so wonderful to have a newborn and get to hold her and love her and go home and get a full nights sleep. Kaden has her nights and days mixed up. She's been asleep most of the last 2 days and wide away most of the last 2 nights. The parents are looking pretty tired.

Wabby
02-20-2006, 02:32 PM
Kiwi, I took master gardener classes about 10 years ago. I haven't kept up on my volunteer hours, so I'm not an official master gardener anymore. It's a program thru Oregon State in which they teach you all about gardening and then you go out into the community and give classes and seminars and other volunteer activities. It's lots of fun, but since we started the business I don't have time to do the volunteer stuff.... and no, I don't ever get to retire. I think this goes on forever, no time off for good behavior.

Now that I've figured out how to email pictures, you guys are going to be bombarded.

Wabby
02-20-2006, 02:32 PM
I meant to say I re-sent the pictures to Peaches. I really don't resent her.

Kiwonk
02-20-2006, 04:22 PM
Anyway, why are you at work? It's Presidents Day. You should be home celebrating, like me. Yeah, that's what I'm doing, I'm celebrating Presidents Day. I did the dishes and typed up some letters for DD's financial aid papers and threw the tennis ball for the dog. This is the traditional way of celebrating Presidents Day. Later I will drink a case of Sam Adams and run around the house dressed in nothing but a lampshade.

Kiwi

Wabby
02-20-2006, 04:29 PM
Maybe I should stop by the grocery store for a cherry pie. Didn't someone chop down the cherry tree?

Kiwonk
02-20-2006, 06:21 PM
Oh yeah, Cherry Pie. That's how you celebrate Presidents Day! I knew it was something like that..... Anyone want a picture of me in a lampshade? I didn't think so.

Wabby
02-20-2006, 06:47 PM
I'd pay money for a picture of you in a lampshade.

SugP
02-21-2006, 02:04 AM
I'd pay double what Wabby would pay. :D

SugP
02-21-2006, 08:54 AM
How come the new trackers only work on one post? Huh? Huh?

Schatzi
02-21-2006, 09:23 AM
The rules changed ... as it appears to take alot of resources to continually load folks tickers....So now the signature/ticker will appear on your first post of each page... and I believe determining that is based on how you set your page display... I have mine set up to the max of 40 posts per page...

heres the start of a thread on it..

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1132168&postcount=1

Cowpernia
02-21-2006, 10:44 AM
I have astounding, unbelievable information to share. At the store where I work guess what group of people is most disliked. Guess. I have heard managers, cashiers and bagboys complain about these people because they are SO RUDE>... Well, it's Canadians. Mostly, it's Ontario ones. Snowbirds are about to go home and everyone is so glad. Next comes the scantily clad, drunken spring-breakers and everyone prefers them.

As one 16-year-old employee said, "What's up with that? Canadians are supposed to be so nice."

I have to write 3 papers by Saturday. One is my autobiography and I have 2/3 page written and can't think of anything else to say.

Wabby
02-21-2006, 01:33 PM
I feel a north-south war coming on. :rollpin:

This is how my morning has gone - a customer called to tell me they had a huge-o check ready for me yesterday. I told her to drop it in the mail because their office is an hour drive away. DH told me this morning that he spoke to the owner of the company and told him I would be there first thing this am to pick up the check. I told DH I'd better check before I drove all the way out there - he said "no, I talked to him after you talked to Andrea in the office." So I got up early and drove aaaaalllll the way to their office in rush hour traffic and guess what? The check had been mailed yesterday. Aaaaarrrgh. The good news is that I stopped a a Krispy Kreme drive up window and bought a donut on my way back. It's my first Krispy Kreme ever, and now I can stop wondering what the fuss is about. They're donuts people, and way too sweet donuts at that.

No wonder you could only write 2/3 of your autobiography, Peach, you've only lived 2/3's of your life. :dizzy:

I no longer pay any attention to my tracker. I think my new goal is to get back to the starting weight on it. Probably won't happen if I continue on my Krispy Kreme path.

Cowpernia
02-21-2006, 03:16 PM
I don't much like donuts. I like the shape though.

The "image has expired" thing is sort of interesting. It's like 3FC hasn't moved into the modern technological world (which we know they have) and their software doesn't match the modern stuff. If that made no sense, it's ok with me.

I have stuff to do and I am not doing it. I need to get an oil change, rotate tires and really really really get some good shoes. I looked online but what can you tell online. I don't want to go an hour away like Wabby only to find out the shoes have been mailed.

I have this problem socializing in class or something. Last class I had to do a group project with two other women who met without me, wouldn't return my emails and seemed to really bond with each other. They're not in my class this time but we had to break into pairs and do this thing and everyone paired up except me and this nice woman across the room. I don't like this. What can I do to appear really cute and fun and not tired with hurting feet?

Cowpernia
02-21-2006, 03:23 PM
Wabby and I don't like it when other cows don't post.

Schatzi
02-21-2006, 03:42 PM
Birkenstock sandals with bettysox would be a real conversation starter...and save yer feet whilst looking so stylish.

Wabby: mancow needs a swift boot in the arse...i bet he was sheepish upon yer return. THIS Calls for Comp Time... you take 2 hours and go to the spa...or baby clothes shopping fer babybonnybunny.

There, I done my duty. I posted.

Schatzi
02-21-2006, 03:48 PM
P.S. I like Dunkin Donuts french crullers....and ya cant beat a krispy kreme raspberry jelly donut.... I use to love them...

Wabby
02-21-2006, 04:32 PM
You know, Schatzi, I used to think I loved donuts too, but I don't anymore because they don't love me. They make me fat and sluggish. Even tho I gave myself a talk this morning about eating healthy food, I've eaten a donut and 2 cookies so far today. This is insanity. I don't even like all these sweets. Why do I eat them? I think I may be carb addicted. I'm going to go learn about the South Beach Diet.

DH said he was sorry to send me on a wild goose chase. I really didn't mind all that much. It got me out of the office for a bit, and I met Andrea at our clients office, that I talk to all the time, but had never met.

My absolutely perfect house has come up for sale and we can't do anything about it because our house sale won't be completed until next summer. I'm talking 2007. I shouldn't even look at what's for sale because it's going to drive me crazy. more crazy. crazier. nutz.

I like the Birkenstocks w/ Peachezsox idea. Your feet will feel better and you'll be the center of attention in class. Your class reminds me of 5th grade PE class. I never got picked for the Dodgeball team first. I was too small, shy and not aggressive enough. I'm no longer small, only sometimes shy, and still not all that aggressive. :sumo:

SugP
02-21-2006, 05:16 PM
I'll eat one of those big glazed donuts (well, I would if I could get one but they don't have them here you'd think I'd be thinner wouldn't you) once in a while, but they're not all that great.

Birkenstocks kill my feet. I love them but they cause me pain.

I am speechless at the news of the rude Canadians.

Bagzz
02-21-2006, 08:02 PM
let's put this in perspective----OLD people are crochety and baggy---no matter WHERE they are from ---and one more thing------if you live in the maritimes you would agree that people from ONTARIO think they are hot HUDDA!!!! so i tell you,you must be from the MARITIMES to be nice---or VANCOUVER!!! that's all folks

Cowpernia
02-21-2006, 09:23 PM
I will pass on the hot HUDDA explanation,

Tomorrow I am driving out-of-state to a giant outlet mall to get shoes to save my feet. I hope. They really really hurt and I can not bear it. I have researched the best shoes and must go fetch them.

A lot of our customers are OLD and sweet. A lot of our customers ... get this ... pull hundred dollar bills out of their wallets. I don't mean occasionally. I mean LOTS OF THEM DO. I figure that if you yelled, "Is there a doctor in the store," you would be mobbed. They'd be retired but could still help you. They could give you a hundred dollar bill.

You know that goth girl on CSI or whatever .. didn't she look better in those pigtails last season? I mean you can't really LOOK 35 and LOOK good with your think dyed hair in a style developed for 3-year-olds.

I see Ds just purchased a CD entitled Bedside Toxicology.

Schatzi
02-22-2006, 09:23 AM
I love the goth girl on NCIS...love that show and Denozzo...
I think Kiwi got the lampshade stuck on her head... :shrug: must be the only reason no posting from our mainecow. Either that or she like me are making plans to leave the country until that BOOOOOOB is outta office... What is with that MAN??? Arabs watching our ports???? Isnt that like the fox watchin the hen house?????

What the hoodledooo is a HUDDA?

Peachie good luck on yer shoe hunt... maybe try those Jellin inserts too? Also, just like exercise, you'll build up yer feetsie muscles the longer you are at standing all day..

Wabby
02-22-2006, 12:27 PM
Poor Peach. I feel your pain. Well, I don't really, but I know of what you speak because my feet hurt me too. youch.

I actually got up this morning and did a 2 mile walk w/ Leslie. I feel so much better when I exercise. Why do I think I don't want to? I think I may be turning over a new leaf. Maybe.

I believe Huddahead is the name of the man in the white house right now.

I don't watch CSI. Should I? I prefer Dr. G, Medical Examiner. I think real life is more interesting. I loved the show she did about the crazy ways men get in accidents that result in their deaths. Apparently they do reckless things that endanger their lives. Who woulda guessed? :dizzy:

Kiwonk
02-22-2006, 02:59 PM
It's my first Krispy Kreme ever, and now I can stop wondering what the fuss is about. They're donuts people, and way too sweet donuts at that. :faint: Did you get the plain glazed variety? I'm not a big donut fan, but KK Glazed make my mouth water. When they're cold, the outside has that slight crunch and the inside just melts in your mouth. And when they're freshly made and warm, mmm whimper.... :cloud9:

What a pain about your pointless trek. Men are so helpful. I did something like that yesterday. DD was supposed to have play rehearsal and 2 hours later DH and I were taking the pep band to the big city to play at the b-ball tournament. She was also supposed to use the school copier to photocopy 2 scholarship packets so I could send them out. We get to school and a few kids are waiting, no play director. Turns out they knew the director wasn't going to be there but they thought the chorus teacher would be there. I knew the chorus teacher wouldn't be there because that's why we were going on the bus with the kids (long story--yeah, even longer than this), but the 2 facts never got together until we sat in front of the school wondering. So no play rehearsal. And no copier because a teacher had to unlock it for her. So we went to the P.O. thinking they had one. Nope. So we went home, having done nothing except waste an hour. And then I had to rush around and get ready for the bus trip.

Which was actually a lot of fun. We had a full busload of kids and instruments. And DH and I were in charge of them. It was a quarterfinal game for the girls' basketball team, which unfortunately they lost (although at least the pep band won't have to repeat this trip later in the week), and we decided after much hemming and hawing to let the kids go to the mall for dinner. Oddly the mall was practically deserted. In fact of the few people who were there, several were kids from the high school that had been at the game, and one was an in-law of ours (remember, we're 75 miles away from home here). So the kids had a good time and the only casualty was one little shi*head who got his ears pierced while we were at the mall. DH wanted to call up his parents and explain that we didn't know anything about it beforehand, but hey, the kid's 18 and I don't feel responsible for the dumb things they do (not that I care if a guy gets his ears pierced anyway, but on a school trip? Dumb!) So overall it was a good day and we didn't lose anybody.

Kiwi

Kiwonk
02-22-2006, 03:12 PM
The "image has expired" thing is sort of interesting. It's like 3FC hasn't moved into the modern technological world (which we know they have) and their software doesn't match the modern stuff. If that made no sense, it's ok with me. The 3fcs have been trying to keep us up to date will all those special notice thingies at the top of the forums. They moved to a new much larger server about 2 weeks ago and have had to make some changes in the way they do the trackers. It seems a lot of people have used the trackers on other sites, so they link to this one and tie up a lot of bandwidth. So they moved the trackers to a different site than the main 3fc website and everyone has had to redo their trackers. They warned about it quite a while ago.

They also have been trying to decide whether to only show people's sigs once on a page, which they switched to about 2 months ago in order to speed up page loading for people with dialup connections, or to require everyone to cut down their signature size. If you go in to change your sig, you'll see some guidelines on that. They put up a poll a couple of months ago, which I tried to get you folks to participate in, by the way, the result of which is that they are going back to having sigs on every post, but they will have to enforce the size limit. That is happening this weekend.

Any questions? :soap:

Kiwi

Kiwonk
02-22-2006, 03:47 PM
---if you live in the maritimes you would agree that people from ONTARIO think they are hot HUDDA!!!! so i tell you,you must be from the MARITIMES to be nice---or VANCOUVER!!! that's all folksAin't that the truth!!! My DH and DD are in the Maritimes at this very moment. They went skiing and I'm sure everyone is very nice there, in spite of the fact that the name of the place is Crabbe Mountain.

I see Ds just purchased a CD entitled Bedside Toxicology.I hope that's a rock band and not a reference manual...

I love the NCIS goth girl. Abby, right? She's adorable. What is think dyed hair?

Hudda is very close to hoodledoo. It comes from Duck Hudda, which is what you step in when you walk around the perfectly square lake.

I prefer Dr. G, Medical Examiner. I think real life is more interesting. I loved the show she did about the crazy ways men get in accidents that result in their deaths. Apparently they do reckless things that endanger their lives. Who woulda guessed? :dizzy::lol: What a surprise! I should watch that show, it couldn't be any more gruesome that CSI. Oh yeah, the goth girl is on NCIS, which isn't usually gruesome at all, but very funny and enjoyable. Although I miss the girl that died. The Israeli girl is pretty dopey.

Kiwi

Schatzi
02-22-2006, 03:54 PM
Wow...that was real good on the siggy's :corn:
you should be a mod :D

Wabby
02-22-2006, 04:49 PM
Oh, our Kiwi is mod. She has hair just like Peggy Lipton in the Mod Squad, only it's taffy colored. (I know, I know, moderator).

What does NCIS stand for? I'm so outta the loop.

Rumor has it, Sugar has lost 3 lbs. or was it 4?

Schatzi
02-22-2006, 06:00 PM
i think it stands for Naval Criminal Investigation Service.... like Mod Kiwi says, not as gruesome as CSI..cept maybe the meat puzzle one... Ewwww.
Zeevah the Isreali is growin on me... I really like all the cast in that show. Right now I am addicted to Project Runway...

:cp: fer Sug!!!

Wabby
02-23-2006, 01:17 PM
I've been wasting my time watching American Idol. ... and Dr. Phil episodes recorded on my DVR and Paula's Home Cooking also recorded. I love my DVR because I hate wasting time on commercials. ... and I also watch Boston Legal. Desperate Housewives got too stupid, even without commercials, and My Name is Earl is getting borderline too stupid. I like Paula's Home Cooking not for the food, but because I'd like to hang out with Paula while she cooks up something yummy. I want her kitchen, and I want to be her pal. I'd also like to have a drink w/ Denny Crane on Boston Legal.

I did nothing to exercise my blubber today, but I want points for even considering it.

Kiwonk
02-23-2006, 02:36 PM
like Mod Kiwi says, not as gruesome as CSI..cept maybe the meat puzzle one... Ewwww. Oh yeah, that was pretty gross. Don't you love the way they show naked dead bodies in the morgue -- with a bright light shining on the privates so you can't see 'em? I find that hilarious. Do you suppose that phrase will be a popular one on Google -- "naked dead bodies in the morgue"? You know there are people searching on that.

I think I should go visit Paula and her home cooking. I have way too much recording on my DVR. I really need my own private one, so DH and DD can use the TV too... Watched Boston Legal last night, what a hoot that show is. Can't believe Tom Selleck sang a Sound of Music song with that little tootsie.

Had a horrible run-in with the dog today; she ran off up the driveway and wouldn't come back. Took 20 minutes and 2 of us to get her inside. She is in prison right now. In her crate. I think 2 hours is probably long enough....

It's finally snowing here. So far, the yard is still treacherous because you still fall on the ice, and now you can't see where it is, but I have hopes that this snow will bond with the ice and I can actually get out without killing myself. A friend invited me to go ice-skating tomorrow on her pond. We'll see if we get too much snow for that.

Wabbit, here's some points: . . . . .
That's all. Consider it some more and you'll get more points.

Ta.

Kiwi

P.S. I am so mod.

Cowpernia
02-23-2006, 02:51 PM
Good for you Kiwi! I found a letter-to-the-editor from a friend who found a murdered cat in her yard. She wrote that things like that wouldn't happen if people took better care of their kids and pets. "Just giving them names and feeding them isn't enough," she wrote.

Too bad about Earl. I actually feel it's too bad the star seems to feel like SUCH A STAR. Everytime I see him off the show, he's so boastful.

Schatzi
02-23-2006, 03:11 PM
Hmm, I'm still enjoying My name is Earl... I love the girl on that show.. I have never watched Boston legal...I must be missing something if all you mod and hip cows are watching!! I am currently addicted to Project Runway and AI.. I love Taylor Hicks.. I actually voted for him... Thats a first!... I should be watching cooking shows... The scratch cherry cake I made came out like a brick that sucked all the moisture from yer tongue and disintegrated upon cutting with a hack saw.... My lasagne, well, I tried the "no boil" noodle approach...oooh yes, a real time saver if you dont mind eating rubber. *sigh* DH and I had a good laugh over it...but so much fer making a wonderful welcome home dinner fer him..... The good news is we are going out to dinner tonight...and I see a BIG juicy steak in my future.
Kiwi... I know how you feel...my darby is a darter... the terror is palpable when they take off like that... Last time she was sooo bad that DH actually hit her.. and unfortunately I think she learned her lesson now.FREEE JET !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SugP
02-23-2006, 04:49 PM
Kiwiiiii! I voted in that survey! Yesterday. :D 3fcs are so nice to still let us hang out here. Remember how Cybermom cut us off with nary a pat on the head nor a kiss goodbye?

Word has it that it's close to 4 lbs - not quite sure and very cautiously optimistic at the moment since losing weight has become something foreign to me. Did Leslie three times this week, though.

I am tired and I'm going to bed. As of next Tuesday it will officially be that "What was I thinking having two kids and a husband with birthdays all within two weeks of each other?" time of year. Must start baking cakes and making pinatas.

Cowpernia
02-24-2006, 08:25 AM
Dogpatch has this one store that makes copies and makes signs. They also print onto tee shirts, hats, etc. Yesterday I went in there to get some stuff copied for class. They have a sign inside that says, "After you proof, mistakes will not be are fault."

The business across the street has a sign (made this these guys I'd guess) in the window that reads "Deliveryies in back."

Isnt' that quaint? I had a bunch of paper printed on both sides and wanted 3 copies. They didn't feed it into the machine. Opened the top, laid it down, closed the top, opened the top, turned it over, etc. I asked about that and she said that once it had staples in it, it might not feed right.

DS got a call from lcp last night and they were on the phone about 2 hours. I get getting steamed as he had to be at work at 6 a.m. and I can't sleep with lights on and stuff like that. I notice on her blog that some guy is offering her a shoulder to cry on. I think he's in her dorm. I wonder if this is a problem ....

Geez, a lot of her commenters are guys.

Schatzi
02-24-2006, 11:48 AM
Pet Grammatical Peeves:

Seperate
definately
Complement v Compliment

Cowpeach: Signs like that make me cringe..I just wish I had a RED scripto marker..I would run around town correcting the spelling!

DH and I had a loverly dinner last night.. Filet Mignon, a bottle of Cab, broccoli au gratin, baked sweet potato and a bit of dessert.. The french pressed cawfee was DeeeeLish.. I think it was one of the most expensive dinners we ever had..but it was worth it.

Today I am going to weed since it will be 64 degrees... How fabulous this southern winter has been... of course I will be whining come July and August when hear tell it can be brutal...

Wabby
02-24-2006, 01:29 PM
I used to be a particular speller, but now that I've become a geezer my brain cells aren't working like they used to, and I sometimes mess up myself. Actually I think it's from working w/ a bunch of guys who are horrible spellers. After awhile their spelling starts to seem right. DH is the worst. Actually he inherited it from his Dad and it might be that they don't know the correct word to begin with. His dad used to call his kids ballbearians (barbarians). His brother once said he was "swab and debonair". DH often calls the Banfield freeway here the "Bamfield". Cracks me up. I think the funniest one was when Grandpa Jim said he was surprised that his granddaughter in law could get pregnant because she had problems with her "virginia".:rofl:

Aaaaah, springtime weeding, Schatzi, I wish I could be there with you. Nothing like a spring day working in the garden when I actually have a hope of getting things under control before it all takes off into rampant jungle. My daffodils are starting to bloom, my star magnolia is starting to pop too.

Go me! I did 2 miles w/ Leslie again this morning, and so far today I've managed to eat well.

Peachez, where's the link to LCP's blog. Inquiring Auntycows want to know.... or is that Enquiring? Schatz? Kiwi?:listen:

Schatzi
02-24-2006, 02:04 PM
THat is hilarious Wabby! :lol3:I'm known to murder songs that way...

For years I sung (quite out of tune, naturally) My eyes of Georgia...instead of My eyes adored ya...

and I really mess up this metallica song... Give me something Give me something, gimme what my heart desires! I sung it loud and proud as ending with GIMME double order of fries...

GAWD, Gotta Ask Mod Kiwi.. She might have her fists balled up :tantrum:hitting the screen, since I believe I er, mighta split an infinitive... in my Pet Grammatical Peeves ...He HEEEEE

yeah yeah where's LCPs blog... I'm a nosy rosy:mag:

Kiwonk
02-24-2006, 03:44 PM
DH and I had a loverly dinner last night.. Filet Mignon, a bottle of Cab, broccoli au gratin, baked sweet potato and a bit of dessert.. The french pressed cawfee was DeeeeLish.. I think it was one of the most expensive dinners we ever had..but it was worth it. Where did you go? Sounds delish.

So you think it'll be a little hot in July and August, my poor deluded Schatzi? When did you move there? I can't remember what month. Summer starts in May in NC. June is brutal. July and August are not as awful because you'll be unconscious from the heat. Why I live in Maine.

God, I love it: Ballbearians! That's classic!

I'm pretty sure that bad spelling comes from using the Internet. Used to be you could count on most published text to be correct. No more. Peaches, I think you should make the copy store a new sign that would be clearer for people:
"After you pruf, misteaks were not be are falt."
Or maybe it should just read "Fer Gods sayke, help us, we cain't rite"

Schatzi, I hate to disappoint you, but you didn't split that infinitive! However, that should have been "For years I SANG it".
Back when I first started using the internet, it really used to bug me when people misused words or made spelling/grammar mistakes over and over, but quite honestly I hardly care anymore. I still roll my eyes when I see "Viola, I made it!" That one can always make me groan.

Congrats to everyone on their exercising! I've done nothing. We got about 3 or 4 inches of snow yesterday and I thought conditions would be much better today for taking a walk or snowshoeing or something, but I already fell on my face just walking around the yard. The ice is still lurking under there; the snow didn't bond to it all. I'm really discouraged.

Kiwi

Kiwonk
02-24-2006, 03:46 PM
By the way, does everyone like my penguin wandering through the tulips on my tracker?

Wabby
02-24-2006, 06:09 PM
I can't see your penguin. Why?

I'm off for the weekend. See youz cowsies on Monday. You may talk amongst yourselves.

I should have some week old pictures of DGD by Monday, because she was one week old yesterday!!!!

Schatzi
02-25-2006, 11:34 AM
Wabby: have a moooooVALAS weekend !!! Bring us Pics of Kaden!!!!!!

Kiwi: You are a SCREAM :rofl: I moved here in mid August...and it was BRUTAL, but the folks told me it was "unusually hot" ...hmmpf...Loverly, heat and humidity bring out the worst in me :s:

PenGaWins tiptoeing through the Tulips...Surrealism at its best dahlink!

Sug: Feel bettah soon... will be visiting yer blog..so post pics of the various cakes and pinatas!!

I'm feeling very fat today :sumo:

Kiwonk
02-25-2006, 01:31 PM
I can't see your penguin. Why? The sigs only show up on your first post on a page. For now anyway--they're supposed to be changing that this weekend. Yours is still expired, by the way.

A friend just dropped by and invited us up to their house on another lake for skiing or snowshoeing and sitting by the fire. Neither DH or I really want to go, isn't that pitiful of us? He's really burnt out by both dealing with his family stuff/estate issues and trying to get this business deal moving, which it's not, and I'm just depressed. DD went ice fishing with the bf and his father. I never thought I'd say the words "DD went ice fishing" in my life. :lol: I love it.

My beautiful doggie stinks. She laid in something smelly and I can't get her clean to save my life. It's on her head and I've washed it with dog shampoo, body wash, face wash, vinegar. I'm not sure what else I can try. A bath won't do much good because it's around her ears and eyes, but ICK!

I need motivation, gumption, energy, zeal, incentive. Anti-depressants.

Kiwi

Bagzz
02-25-2006, 04:54 PM
I HAVE BEEN AWOL-----poor dd21 has been here the last few days---she had FOUR curly rooted wisdom teeth UProoted and she is VERY under the weather!!!--fortunately i was able to get her over here to look after her--she is all cozy and set up with videos and ice packs and tylenol 3 with codein {probably spelled incorrectly!!}----this had been "spring break" for the university chicks as well so it has been a busy week with lots of coming and going----we have to go to a party tonight and i definitely do NOT feel like it---BUT it is at the home of a friend i adore so i can't beg off--she would kill me---i also have the plague and a headache----------is there anything more ???? OH---WABBY YOUR DAFFY DOWN DILLYS ARE OPENING UP---THAT IS SO DEPRESSING FOR ME AND SO LOVELY FOR YOU-----------BLHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABLAHHHHHH HUDDA HUDDA HUDDA

Kiwonk
02-26-2006, 04:33 PM
Wow, that sounds painful for DD21. Hope she is feeling better today.

I went snowshoeing yesterday. Such as it was. :running: Only a few inches of snow in the woods, and still ice underneath it, but fortunately my snowshoes have teeth -- I didn't slip at all, even downhill. While poor Jet took a number of tumbles. But she's young, she doesn't care. She had a great time, must have run at least 4x as far as I walked, with all her running ahead and back over and over.

DD had a good time ice fishing. They caught one small fish they had to throw back and one large togue (a type of trout). Not that they ate it for dinner or anything -- they came back here and had pizza with us. Then they went over to someone else's house and eventually came back here again because they were doing a student film project about a serial killer teenager and they wanted to "kill DD in her sleep". :lol: It was very funny, they wanted the house completely dark and quiet so they could film the lead guy driving down the driveway and sneaking into the house. Then they filmed him going upstairs and "clubbing" DD in her bed. Charming, eh...

And then the whole crew left again to go back to someone else's house, and later DD's bf brought her home. Good thing gas is cheap, huh? Oh wait....

Later gators. Hope you're having a lervely weekend.

Kiwi

SugP
02-27-2006, 04:42 AM
Attention, darlings. Get out your maple syrup because tomorrow is Pancake Tuesday!!

Schatzi
02-27-2006, 09:47 AM
Sug :hungry: Where?When?

Kiwi: sounds like an exciting weekend.
did you get the smell outta Jet?
Is the video finished? Kiwiette certainly has a full and fun life!

Bagzz: :hug: fer DD21.. oh lawd, she musta had a rough weekend.. curly rooted wisdom teefers are a b*tch! How was yer party?

Wabby and Peachers: report in !

I had a pretty crappy weekend.. between ear aches and now I think I have a cold coming on... my eyes are all weepy, I'm sniffley, my stomach is in knots and my hiney is hot and sore... I know, I know TMI.. I really should clean this crack house, but I think I'll go lay down instead. later my darlin cows

SugP
02-27-2006, 10:08 AM
Sug :hungry: Where?When?

HERE! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shrove_Tuesday

Get well soon, Schatz! :hug: Hope it's not the bird flu. (which is nothing to joke about since it's all over the place here - arghhhhhhhh!)

Wabby
02-27-2006, 12:10 PM
Any day is a good day for pancakes!

Poor Schatz. You don't need to clean if you're sick. Actually in my book cleaning is optional anyway.

My baby came over for dinner yesterday. Actually she brought her own dinner w/ her (DDIL), and she was the perfect houseguest. Her mommy and daddy say that she does cry, but I've only heard a squeak or two out of her. She just keeps getting more and more beautiful.

Saturday I went w/ my sis and a friend out to my other friend's "home accent and garden" shop, and then out to lunch at a cute little tea house. My sis is having surgery on her eye today to straighten out the muscles. It should be the last surgery she'll need. It's been a long road for her. Anyway, that was my weekend. Plus a little shopping on Sunday am, and Mexican dinner and margies w/ DH on Friday.

Stinky dogs just take time to become sweet smellin'. In the mean time, ya just gotta live w/ it. Light lots of candles. Hope you get outta the dumps, Kiwi. It's the pits when the depression cloud decides to hang over you. :( :hug:

Bagzie, curly wisdom teeth ----- yeow! Poor girl. Sorry to brag about my daffs. These are just the little ones that bloom early - tete-te-tete I think they're called. I think they're my favorites. :flow1:

I did not exercise this morning. All I felt like doing this morning was sleeping. Thank goodness the latest Masterpiece Theatre was over last night. It's on too late. Bagz made me watch it. I thought it was annoyingly confusing, and I'm not sure why the lead character needed to get small pox, but I watched the whole diddley dang thing anyway.

Bagzz
02-27-2006, 06:50 PM
I watched most of BLEAK HOUSE too wabby and wasn't it aptly named!!! i felt so bad when she found her mother dead in the rain---poor soul----and poor grampie,missing his trampy wife,and that hideous troll with the yellow teeth on the makeshift wheelchair!!! sorry you had to stay up for THAT!!!---dd21 is feeling much better thank you girls----my email system is all effed up---it sends out everything i reply to a hundred times while it tells me that it CAN'T send it out----it stays in the outbox and resends til i delete it=------i wanted to tell wabby how GORGEOUS her baby KayKay is and i hope it got through less than a thousand times----my goodness that child is stunning!!!! and contrary to grandmother's remarks----she looks adorable as well!!!!----i miss the olympics----it was so fun when the Newfie's won the gold medal for curling---they cancelled school in all of Newfoundland in the afternoon so the kids could go home to watch the gold medal game---now that's home-province support!!!---------dd21 has a new cat---we let her stay here with us while dd was recovering---trouble is--she was "strange and shy" here and she is hiding under the floor {there is a hole under the bathtub and there is a sub-ceiling with about a foot's clearance} SHE WILL NOT COME OUT!!!!! HER NAME IS MABEL AND WE GOT HER FROM THE VET --SHE WAS A STRAY AND SHE IS ALL FIXED UP AND VERY SWEET AND TIMID}---------SHE SNEAKED OUT LAST NIGHT TO USE THE LITTER BOX AND I TRIED TO CATCH HER BUT SHE SCURRIED AWAY AND UNDER THE TUB----------HELP ME AND MABELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Schatzi
02-27-2006, 07:23 PM
GOOOOD LAWD!!!!! Was Vincent Price in this mini series? Dang it sounds so bad Jane Eyre and all...................

Poor bagalina, yes, :lol3: I got a bout a kajillion emails from you .. :shrug: kinda figured yer email went Kaflooey (that's a technical term)....

meow meow mmmeee owie purr purrr :mouse: :mouse: Come out lettle Mabel you Cwazy cat! (That should do it bagina! Give her some milk and tuna )

Kiwi is missing again, she is maybe got leg cramps from her snow shoeing...Speaking of shoes, I wonder :chin: how Peachies Feetsies are?

and finally YES Baby KayK is just a little stunner already! and GrammyWabby is just GOHJIS!!!!!!!

Sug I swear writes the Wikapedia!!! I never heard of Pancake Tuesday-sheesh and I was raised a RC?? What a wonderful tradition! I think I will opt fer the Pennsy Dutch Funnel cakes!!!!!!!

Where the HUDDA dooo is Painty?? Is she still at the Knitters Olympics???

We need a new thread.... who's gonna start one?

Kiwonk
02-27-2006, 09:34 PM
Thank goodness the latest Masterpiece Theatre was over last night. It's on too late. Bagz made me watch it. I thought it was annoyingly confusing, and I'm not sure why the lead character needed to get small pox, but I watched the whole diddley dang thing anyway.I had the first episode of that recorded and started watching it a few times and couldn't bring myself to keep watching. Then when I had more episodes recording, and I needed room for Les Olympiques, I dumped them all. I'm glad to hear I made the right decision.

I didn't see much of the curling. Very cool of the Newfies to have the kids go home and watch their team win! Actually I'm still watching events from last week. But the curling wasn't on in prime time here, so I didn't record any of it. DD told me yesterday that she is working on a plan to surprise one of her friends for his birthday with a day at a curling club. Apparently he is obsessed with the idea of curling and has never had the opportunity to try it.

I've been through that with the timid cat, Bagz. My humane society cat was like that when I brought her home. She spent several days hiding behind a piece of furniture in the mudroom. I was able to lure her out now and then with soft food. Certainly if you can get her out of her hidey hole, be ready to stuff something in the opening! I had a cat go through the floor under the bathroom one time when I lived in an apartment. I don't even know how she got under there, but she broke through the ceiling in the apartment below! Silly kitties.

DD is pawing through old clothes for stuff to wear for Jesus Christ Superstar. Her costume is all set; she's one of 2 Mary Magdalenes so she's wearing a dress, but some of the other kids needed some period stuff. She's got a classic pair of light blue low-riding hip hugger jeans that I wore in the 70s I guess. Also a ripped daishiki she might get someone to mend. And some scary shiny stuff from the 80s. Oo la la.

It was 8 below zero (F) this morning when I drove DD to school. Sucky.

Kiwi

Cherry Cow
02-28-2006, 09:59 AM
Hi! Everytime I sit down to post, something comes up! (Like my weight... heh.) Basement flood, dead car, shopping for new car, midterm, & etc. But I have this bookmarked for when Firefox opens, so at least I am keeping up!

The baby bunny is adorable! Her picture is going into my screensaver folder.

Wabby
02-28-2006, 12:39 PM
I started a new thread for March. Onward and upward. march.march.march. Single file, cows.