Support Groups - Seriously....Who's With Me???

View Full Version : Seriously....Who's With Me???

OneLastTime
02-01-2006, 05:59 PM
OK ladies ~
I've had enough of this half-#$&! diet and exercising. I'm ready to fully commit to this. I'm looking for some of you to help hold me accountable and I'll do the same for you. I want to start posting daily and really checking in with each other on how we're doing. My plan is to exercise more and eat less, simple as that. I'm not going to follow a "diet", just eat smaller portions and make healthier choices (no fries, no M&Ms, etc.)

I can't do it alone...I need you guys with me to keep me on track. Let's do this toghether and seriously get some results!!

Who's with me???

Sandra :coach:

BetterDays
02-01-2006, 06:44 PM
I've already signed the blood oath.....I'm on the West coast and check in on the forum during my work day....let me know how I can help

Wide in Winnipeg
02-01-2006, 07:08 PM
Hi Sandra!! I'm with you! I've been on a thread called A few Good Friends for 4 months now and have had some progress but I need more motivation!! Tell me why I want to exercise??????What don't I want to eat that plate FULL of pasta???? See I need help too!
Do you want to stick to this thread? Or do you want to join AFGF and help me turn things around????
Either way,I'm glad I found you!!:D
Wendy

susie_sunshine
02-01-2006, 07:48 PM
i'm with you too! I"ve been so good since i've started here. I've counted every point that's gone into my mouth and have tried to exercise regularly. Unfortunately, the numbers on the scale aren't going down. I have lost inches and my pants are baggy and i'm happy about it but i'd just like to see a smaller number on the scale. I bought a 10 week pass to weight watchers so I wouldn't quit after just a few weeks but i have to admit, I was really disapointed last week when I stayed the same. 5lbs in 3 weeks is not motivating! But I'll keep going to the end of my 10 weeks then re-evaluate. (I know a 1-2 lb/week weight loss is good) BUT I WANT MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wide in Winnipeg
02-01-2006, 09:34 PM
Hello ladies!! I haven't done the WW thing yet,I think it's to expensive,or I'm just cheap 1 of the 2!!!!!:D It really seems to work for alot of people though! I guess I might have to break down and pay the price one of these days,or I might end up paying the price ,lol!!! Have a great evening!
W.

Wide in Winnipeg
02-02-2006, 01:13 AM
Till tomorrow ladies!! Good night and sweet dreams!
W.:D

OneLastTime
02-02-2006, 11:23 AM
Hi Wendy, Susie and BetterDays ~
YAY!! I'm so glad you've joined me!! We can do this together, I know we can!!
Wendy, if you don't mind, I'd like to stick to this thread because I've "told" a few people to find me here and join in and I don't want to lose them.

WW does seem to work for a lot of people - I love your joke about paying the price - LOL!!

What is everyone doing for their weight loss? I've gone to the gym today already and put in an hour on the treadmill. I sweat my butt off.

Do we want to have an official weigh-in day and report how we're doing? I usually weigh in on Fridays but I'm certainly flexible.

Have a great day ladies!! :grouphug:

MiaManning
02-02-2006, 11:32 AM
I made a thread on Tuesday that said "Weigh-in and measure-in" I said to measure and weigh on Fridays. I will probably post on this thread and on that one. You can too.

Last night I did 30 min on the treadmill and some criss-cross crunches.
Monday I did 30 min on the treadmill and 10 minutes of strength training.

I'm planning on doing my routine again tonight. I wanna exercise on Mon, Wed, and Fri, but I have a weigh in and measure in on tomorrow, so I guess I gotta try to bur off some extra calories tonight! I'm trying to do the counting calories thing, it has helped me lose the little weight I have lost so far.:carrot:

OneLastTime
02-02-2006, 06:25 PM
It sounds like you have a good plan in place Mia!! We can definitely do this. I like the idea of measuring too so when the scale doesn't budge, maybe the inches will.

Loreebee
02-02-2006, 08:55 PM
OK, I'll join! I first lost about 19 pounds, and then slacked for a year. Maintained it, but just chugged along.

Got serious again a little over a month ago. Very excited about it, too!

Wide in Winnipeg
02-02-2006, 11:55 PM
Sorry I have been MIA:( Got alot of things going on right now...Chat with you all tomorrow!:)
W.

OneLastTime
02-03-2006, 11:10 AM
Good morning Ladies ~
Welcome Loreebee!! We're gonna kick some butt on this thread and really support each other!!

I ate "OK" yesterday. Can anyone say M&M's?? Ugh. Anyway, did well with portion control and made a healthy dinner with no seconds.

Also, made it to the gym this morning. 45 min. on the treadmill so I'm off to a good start today.

Hope you all have a great day!

Tiggs
02-03-2006, 02:32 PM
Hi...I'm Donna....and I NEED HELP!!!

There I said it...I need to do this I want to do this but for some reason I keep falling off the wagon after a week. Why I have no clue...I've done reasonably well in the weeks that I've managed to exercise and eat right. There is no excuse for this...I'm stronger than that and I'm going to win this battle...with your help I'm hoping I'll be able to make it beyone the second, third and forth week. I'm hoping by then I'll have formed some great habits and it won't be so hard to do what I need to do.

I'm 31 and have two wonderful little men. My oldest is 22 months and my youngest is 6 months. Having two kids 16 months apart was very rough on the body...my stomach will never look the same (that I'm okay with the extra FAT I'm not okay with). I'm currently sitting at 208 lbs. which is down 4 pounds from my last successful losing week. My ultimate goal is 160 pounds but hitting 175 pounds would make me very happy and very comfortable.

My plan of attack...besides staying on plan after the first week is to

Use the Wendie Plan...I'll plan my food intake for the entire week and if it isn't written down for that day I CAN'T eat it. By having a fixed number of points for each day I can plan in advance. I'll know what to take down for dinner and shopping will be much easier. Exercise is to happen each and every night for a minimum of 30 minutes. I have a gym quality treadmill and bike in the basement just begging me to use them. I'll post nightly so if you don't see a post from me hunt me down and haul my butt back on to plan.

I'm excited to have found a group of people that I can get to know, encourage on and better yet that will do the same for me.

We can do this....now it's time to do some menu planning!

Loreebee
02-03-2006, 03:35 PM
Plugging along.

Did 4 miles on the treadmill this am (about 70 minutes...helps to have a portable DVD with a great movie, LOL) 60 squats (4 sets of 15), 30 pushups (inbetween sets of squats), 25 situps, some thigh lifts, and some ab work.

Still have to do the PM situps and pushups later this evening.

Lovin feeling better, still not lovin the look, LOL!!

Still on program. Not following a specific one, just eating sensibly and the way I (and everyone) was meant to eat. Tomorrow is our "free night out", and I like having that every week. Although, it is not as exciting to me as it was a month ago, LOL! So far no cravings, no issues. Whew.

Down a pound this am from last week.

When are we doing our weigh ins?

OneLastTime
02-06-2006, 11:42 AM
Good Morning everyone~
Did my time at the gym this morning. I feel a little guilty because I only did 1/2 hour instead of the hour. I'm still not doing too great in the eating department.

How about we post our weigh-ins on either Fridays or Saturdays?

What kind of programs are you guys following?

TTFN!!

OneLastTime
02-06-2006, 12:46 PM
Anyone have a good idea for a challenge????

Wide in Winnipeg
02-06-2006, 12:56 PM
Morning! How about doing what the Dump your Plump group is doing? Same concept only between us.?

wtbtagain
02-06-2006, 01:04 PM
Good morning everyone ...

Have been reading up on this 'thread' and it seems like everyone is in the same boat. I am a WW believer. It is expensive, but I have realized that it holds me accountable (even though I should be accountable to myself - it does make a difference).

Hope everyone has a good day .... keep up the good work!

:)

OneLastTime
02-06-2006, 02:07 PM
Tell me about the Dump your Plump......I like the name anyway.

Wide in Winnipeg
02-06-2006, 06:07 PM
Dump your Plump is a game that is going on right now,but the thing is that they are full and not taking new members, SO I was thinking we could start our own game,call it something different of course and have basically the same point system(I think without the 1/2 points,get's confusing).
Maybe we could all come up with a name and vote on one!;) Then we can post a new thread stating that we(whatever our name is) are challenging the DYP group,by most weight lost,etc. Starting next week for a 1 month period. I think it will motivate us, and the DYP'ers! What do you all think?? Just a thought,I was involved in the DYP group until it was taken off my hands,but it's a great idea!

Tiggs
02-07-2006, 12:36 AM
Absolutely love the idea...I'm totally in. I'll have to stop by their thread to see what kind of challenges they are coming up with. No matter what they are though I'm definately in. I need all the help I can get and earning our team points is a great incentive.

Wide in Winnipeg
02-07-2006, 02:42 AM
Yep! I thought that would motivate everyone!:D G'night!
W.

OneLastTime
02-07-2006, 12:24 PM
Sounds like a great idea! I'll look into their point system to get some ideas and be thinking of a suggestion for a name.

Did 45 minutes at the gym today...now to work on a good eating day!!

Wide in Winnipeg
02-07-2006, 12:58 PM
Morning!!:D What ya all doin? I am not doing much today as my back is killing me! Taking the day to just relax and play with my boy,it's going to be fun!
I'm still trying to think up a name too! Maybe "BEAT THE BULGE"

Wide in Winnipeg
02-07-2006, 06:02 PM
Bump!:D HI GIRLS!!

Fat in Hong Kong
02-08-2006, 03:53 AM
Hi Everyone,

I'd like to join in too ... as long as you don't make things too complicated:dizzy: As someone who is starting all over again for the umpteenth time, I need some serious help with motivation and I think this will help.

Looking forward to hearing what you decide about points/name etc.

Nichola

OneLastTime
02-08-2006, 09:19 AM
Good morning!! Off to take my DD to school and then off to the gym. I'll check in later. I like that name and it looks like you're the only one coming up with one...ha ha so we may just keep it!!

What are you all doing today to work toward your goals??

OneLastTime
02-08-2006, 11:04 AM
Welcome Nichola ~

Hey ladies ~ I found the "point" system from the other thread and it sounds good to me... What do you all think and when are we gonna get this started?

BEAT THE BULGE reward values:

exercise: 1 point per 20 minutes

water: 1 point per 1/2 gallon, 2 liters, 64 oz.

healthy food choices:1 point per healthy meal... based on your chosen plan and 1/2 point per healthy snack.

pounds/inches lost per week:2 points per pound or inch

Sandra

Fat in Hong Kong
02-08-2006, 11:26 AM
Well, I like the sound of the name and points system ... the only one I'm not too sure about is the water ... 2 litres a day?! Gosh, I have trouble drinking 1 litre a day, but I guess I can work on it:eek: Exercise is something I struggle with too, but I do plan to start walking regularly as I know it is something I have to do.

The sooner we get this thing started the better ... so when's it going to be??:carrot:

Nichola

Wide in Winnipeg
02-08-2006, 03:51 PM
How's monday for you all??? Good day to start,I think and we can get organized by then! Shall we make a new thread for the game?? Maybe we can get others to join.....I know there was 38 of them that signed up for DYP and theres only about 8 playing,It got to confusing with 5 threads going at once.
Have a good day!:hug:

Wide in Winnipeg
02-08-2006, 11:19 PM
welll ladies,I see it was an uneventful day around here. Hope things pick up tomorrow! G'night.

Fat in Hong Kong
02-09-2006, 01:52 AM
Monday sounds good to me ... the sooner we start the better. I really need to do this ... I need some accountability. Right now I'm losing and gaining the same few pounds every week and just don't seem to be able to keep myself motivated. I'm sure that doing this with a group will really help to keep me on track.

Wide in Winnipeg
02-09-2006, 04:42 PM
I started the thread to get people involved in Beat the Bulge,I hope I didn't offend anyone:o
Have a good day!
Wendy

Wide in Winnipeg
02-10-2006, 02:10 AM
It's getting pretty quiet around here.....Hope all is well with you all!
G'night and sweet dreams!
W.

Wide in Winnipeg
02-10-2006, 01:41 PM
I guess you are all to tired after all that exercise that you can't lift your fingers to the keyboard!:yikes: :rofl: Hope someone comes back soon,I'm getting lonley!:^:

Wide in Winnipeg
02-10-2006, 07:17 PM
Come on sing along...... LOnely,I'm MIssus Lonley,I need somebody , SO I don't have to do this alone....WHOOO!!! Yep,getting pretty lonely around here:( I need a hug:hug: Is anyone out there????

shrinkchick
02-10-2006, 07:50 PM
I would love to join you all with the support. I really need some people to help keep me accountable. I lost 100 pounds about 4 years ago and have kept most of it off. Recently I am back up 8 pounds and really would like to go down another 17 or so. I would love to chat with you all and get some support. I would like to hear more about the "Battle of the Bulge" too.

:flow1:

Shrinkchick

susie_sunshine
02-10-2006, 08:13 PM
i'm having a really bad exercise week. In fact, it's been a no exercise week! Work is insane and my after work life is spinning out of control. I really ahve to find a way to drag my butt out of bed int he morning to exercise or it's just not gonna happen at all. I seem to be busy every night and by the time we get home from activities i'm just beat..... I'M SO FRUSTRATED!!!!!!!!!!!

Wide in Winnipeg
02-10-2006, 10:01 PM
WHOOHOO!! I'm not alone after all!!!:D I have had no energy to do anything but sit around all week:( I have a cold and have been plain old lazy! I can't wait for the game to start on Monday,I really need this kick in the pants!
Beat the bulge is a game that will help motivate us!(I hope!!)We will be competing with the Dump your Plump ladies,and I hear they are really doing great!So we have to kick butt!:D
Here's the system we are planning on using~

Exercise~1 point for every 20 mins. of exercise
Water~ 1 point for every 1/2 gallon-2liters-64ozs.
Healthy meal choices~ 1 point per meal,1/2 point for healthy snacks
Weight/ inches lost~2 points per lb or inch!

Any other suggestions???

Wide in Winnipeg
02-11-2006, 01:24 AM
Well,I'm off to bed soon. I'm going to the mall to meet up with a friend for coffee in the morning,I'll have Ryan with me so I won't be gone to long! Catch ya's all after I get home!
G'night!
W.

bigbootie
02-11-2006, 11:36 AM
Hello ladies if you dont mind I would love to join in with ya!!! I am sick and tired of always finding an excuse not to exercise and eat right, and I need a bunch of ladies like you to kick my butt if I dont stick to me plan of loosing!!! My goal today hit the gym!! Bracing for huge snowstorm so I probably wont be able to get out tomorrow. Looking forward to getting to know all of you.

OneLastTime
02-11-2006, 12:43 PM
Good Morning Ladies ~
HI WENDY !!! Nope, you're not alone...I'm here, just been working the last couple days so no time to get on here. I was thinking about you guys though and couldn't wait to check in!!

I can't wait to start on Monday - no problem starting the new thread...good idea to get others to join in. You're awesome!!

I've kicked it in gear the last two weeks and it's paying off. I lost 4 pounds this week with exercise, portion control and healthy choices - ex: cottage cheese as a side instead of fries. Oh ya baby!!:carrot:

Have a great day!!
~ Sandra

Wide in Winnipeg
02-11-2006, 01:21 PM
Morning all!!
Sandra~ You rock!!! Way to go on the weight loss!!!I am so jealous!:D 4lbs. is alot to lose!!!

Hi Bigbootie!!!!:welcome2: Great to have you!

Off to the mall! Catch ya later!!
~W.~

susie_sunshine
02-11-2006, 01:36 PM
so I didn't go to my weigh in today because i had 8 10 year olds sleeping over.... I survived but they all just left. I weighed myself at home and according to my scale, i've lost 4 lbs... I'm debating waiting till tuesday till i go to a weigh in to change my signature...oh what the **** i'll do it now!

OneLastTime
02-11-2006, 01:38 PM
I weighed myself at home and according to my scale, i've lost 4 lbs... I'm debating waiting till tuesday till i go to a weigh in to change my signature...oh what the **** i'll do it now!

ABSOLUTELY you should change it now!! Woo Hoo!!! Awesome job. :hug:

susie_sunshine
02-11-2006, 01:42 PM
I had almost quit last week after my weigh in and i had gained 1 lb! I was so angry because i count my points religiously and had a really good workout week! This week i did nothing but count points and lost weight! The whole thing is a mystery to me! Luckily i started measuring myself and feeling my pants get baggy also helped!

Wide in Winnipeg
02-11-2006, 03:58 PM
WOW!!! Everyone in loosing weight left right and center!!!
Susie~ Way to go!! Make's me want to do something.....like dance or something!!I to have the baggy pants syndrom!! I just can't feel it on the waist area .....yet!! Otherwise I look like I have no bum! lol!!!!
Take care!
~W.~

Wide in Winnipeg
02-12-2006, 12:29 AM
Well ladies! Think you should all practice posting daily! The big game starts in a day and a half or so! ARE YOU READY???? WHOO HOO!!
I'm going for a bubble bath then bed probably,so g'night and sweet dreams!
~W.~:D

susie_sunshine
02-12-2006, 11:55 AM
In September i bought a pair of pants at Old Navy. I didn't try them on till I got home. Let's just say I looked like a stuffed sausage. Yesterday I actually wore them out in public and I LOOKED GOOD! he he he. To celebrate, i'm redecorating my bathroom today! Painting (ug) is good exercise I hope! Good luck with your game!

Wide in Winnipeg
02-12-2006, 12:42 PM
Morning all! Hi Susie! Don't you want to play too!?? Come on a couple Manitoba girls,we could really do some damage! TeeHee!!
Just going to clean house today and take my mom grocery shopping(5 hour tour!) I think I might have a friend coming over to have a glass of wine with me tonight,has to be tonight,because tomorrow is game day and I don't want those extra calories!:D :o :p Have fun!
~W.~

susie_sunshine
02-12-2006, 04:56 PM
Just finished painting the bathroom and making 3 dozen muffins! I am a machine!

I'm not a big game girl, It's all I can do to count my ww points, nevermind complicating my life any further! My brain can only take so much. As long as the numbers on the scale keep going down, i'm happy!

Wide in Winnipeg
02-12-2006, 04:57 PM
GOOD FOR YOU!!! wow you are a machine today! Great job!
W.

Wide in Winnipeg
02-12-2006, 10:55 PM
Hello!:D Whatcha doin'???
~W.~

Wide in Winnipeg
02-13-2006, 01:28 AM
G'night, see ya tomorrow!:)
~W.~

Wide in Winnipeg
02-13-2006, 05:37 PM
HI!! I"M still here too!!! Having a hard time posting today so I'll be back later!
W.

Wide in Winnipeg
02-13-2006, 11:53 PM
I'm back!! But I'm going to bed soon so g'night/morning/evening depending where you are! Catch ya later!
W.

Wide in Winnipeg
02-14-2006, 10:24 PM
Hello???:?:

Fat in Hong Kong
02-15-2006, 01:52 AM
Hi Wendy, don't worry, we haven't deserted you, but I think everyone is just posting over on the 'Btb Members Chat' thread now:)

Nichola

OneLastTime
02-15-2006, 10:22 AM
Ya, I think that's it but I don't want to desert those still here so I'll keep checking in!!
~ Sandra

Wide in Winnipeg
02-15-2006, 01:39 PM
Morning!! Happy that we are here for Susie!!!!! What's up ladies? I'm real busy today with year end junk. I'll check in later!
W.

nrsldy
02-24-2006, 02:54 PM
Hi ladies,
Sandi told me about this sight, and I finally found it after a little searching. I, like everyone else need to lose some weight. I am a RN who does home care nursing. It is really a great job. Sounds like a nice bunch of ladies to get to know. I haven't really been to motivted lately but will get to work now. Talk to you all later.
Sherri

nrsldy
02-24-2006, 02:59 PM
http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/purpvinebar/slider-but8/lb/250/220/245/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/)

Wide in Winnipeg
02-24-2006, 03:24 PM
Hi Sherri!!