Old 02-01-2006, 02:45 PM   #1  

Default how much and how long...

Just curious... how much u have lost and how long u have been living atkins lifestyle?
erinlyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 02:52 PM   #2  
Going to ONEderland

Um which time? I started Atkins in 2000, lost 50 pounds in 8 months, lost another 12 within about the next two years, but then went off and gained a lot back. I've been back on Atkins this time since January and have lost 14.5 pounds in January. Total I'm down about 30 pounds from when I first went on Atkins in 2000.
SherryA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 04:21 PM   #3  
Gypsy Goddess

S/C/G: 209\144\113

Height: 5'7

I have been on atkins since almost a week ago and have lost 5lbs..(maybe more but I refuse to get near a scale till after pms and this menstrual cycle, I just cant be around scales during this time of month, they make me mad and I want to throw them.) And then I would probabbly stand and cry for a hour because I threw something..and yah its just not a GOOD thing
Infact I am waiting to change my ticker things till after my period ends and I make up with the scale.
Nirvanagurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 05:18 PM   #4  
Susan hockeyfan7

Started November 2000 and have kept off 140 so far. Quit for a while but have now gotten back on the track.
hockeyfan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 08:53 PM   #5  
250/ticker/160

Height: 5"9

64 lbs in approx 7 months
bnbsmommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 09:51 PM   #6  
on my way down again

erinlyt, Over 60 pounds in about 3 months. It's been over 5 years ago, so I don't remember exactly. Although I didn't gain it all back, I count myself as starting over.
Sonnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 05:38 AM   #7  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

My first time with going full force was about 1 year and half and then kind of dropped of the face of the earth and no matter what diet I would have gained it all back I ate everything a fat person should not McD'd was my main staple. But I was a size 24 and dropped to a 12 60 lbs down but gained tons in muscle. I was healthier than before any time in my life I can remember even when I was considering the service I was not that healthy. Bone density, physical strength, general healty blood work and yes even my cholesterol was a picture of perfect health text book numbers if better than ideal!!
nasus40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 07:49 AM   #8  
Baby Steps

I started in '04....lost 30 pounds....went "on again, off again" and gained I believe all but 12. I'm working on getting it off again
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 01:17 PM   #9  

I started January 1st and have lost 11 pounds. I have only been exercising for the last two weeks and haven't weighed for a week. I can't see the tiny lines on the scale's dial to get an accurate reading so I have to ask DH to look for me. Hopefully I will have lost more the next time I weigh.
CocozMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 03:19 PM   #10  

you are all doing amazing it just motivates me more to do it.. I have started walking every morning for 30 mins so i figure thats a good start and soon starting atkins.. I am soo excited to do it
erinlyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 09:41 PM   #11  

Height: 5`2

Good job everyone!!!
Snowbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 08:55 PM   #12  

Hi, My question is what I should I expect within the first month being on a low carb, high protein diet. How much should I look to lose, basically, can you give me a run down. I am so motivated that I have not eaten carbs at all in the past week. Thanks,
Blamah
Blamah87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 09:46 PM   #13  
Going to ONEderland

Not eaten carbs at ALL? What have you been eating? Atkins is low carb, not no carb. You should eat a salad every day and maybe some green vegetables. They help you stay regular.

If this is the first time on Atkins you can expect to lose a lot of weight. I've lost nearly twenty pounds in just under 2 months. The first time I did Atkins I lost 13.5 pounds in a week and a half. It depends on how much and how often you have dieted before and too Atkins can go fast or slower depending on how much you have to lose, how often you've tried it in the past and how much you eat. I'm sure calories are a factor too, I'm sure we tend to eat fewer calories when we are eating good solid healthy protein and vegetables. Of course some eat lots of fat, some say they lose more eating that way others don't do it that way. Personally my fats are not higher on Atkins except for whatever fat I get from my meats. Fat has 9 calories per gram compared to 4 per gram for protein and carbohydrates so it is dense food. Should fill you up faster, but may also be something that if you eat too much of it can cause you to be eating a lot more calories than necessary.

I think what you can expect will depend on your individual body. What have you seen so far in the week you've been on it?

You should probably take some potassium pills. I bet if you haven't been getting any veggys and if you are the first time on Atkins you are starting to get leg cramps at night while you sleep? Are you? If so potassium will help that.
SherryA is offline   Reply With Quote