Support Groups - Looking For A Few Good Friends...15

Wide in Winnipeg
02-01-2006, 12:10 PM
Hi, We are looking for a few good friends that are commited to their diet and exercise programs,and also willing to be commited to this thread on a daily basis.
What we ask of you is for support and motivation and we will provide that in return.
We have a great bunch of people on this thread already but have room for more!So please join us and become a part of "A FEW GOOD FRIENDS"
Have a great day, and welcome!:D

sweet_pea
02-01-2006, 01:55 PM
everyone was posting on #14 and i almost did the same thing LOL then i found you...

brokeneyes - i hope you find us here

Meg I'm not at all sure that Terry Pratchett's books sound like me hehe. I love books that have some humour in them. There are some funny authors e.g. JA Konrath, William Lashner, Tim Cockey that write mysteries. At the moment I am reading a Michael Connolly

Ranger is totally unemotional - in reality he'd probably annoy the heck out of me, and much more controlling. Not to mention he only eats super healthy food but I like the air of mystery, the money and fancy cars, the fact he has his own business and is a take charge kind of chap. Granma Mazur is a scream. I was toying with reading some again just for the humour

Getting a massage later today and that;s my only definite plan for the today. It is horribly overcast today. Not much light, heavy rain and really muggy. Can't believe it's summertime

sweet_pea
02-01-2006, 01:58 PM
meg - i meant to ask are you on weight watchers points plan or the nocount? i have thought about WW but somehow it makes me feel like a huge failure to go to WW!

Wide in Winnipeg
02-01-2006, 02:09 PM
Hi Sweetpea!! Glad you found us!!!! I let people know that we are gere!! so hopefully,they will come! Have a great day!
W.

Wide in Winnipeg
02-01-2006, 05:40 PM
what's for dinner???I'm hungry!! I'm thinking spaghetti...what about you???:)

Wide in Winnipeg
02-01-2006, 08:47 PM
Yummy!! I love pasta! off to the store to get some milk! Ciao for now!
W.:carrot:

jazy
02-01-2006, 09:14 PM
HI ladies.jOpe the day was great.I have really good new.

I lost another 3 lbs!! yeah!!:carrot: Man I am only 8lbs shy from 199lbs.I really want to get this weight off for valentines day week. I really hope I can pull this off. I have been working out as much as possible. Does anyone have good advie on how to chage up a diet for the better.Like to eat more of something and eat less of something else.I really want to change it up a little.I am on weight watcher so I am open to any suggestions!! Thanks and remember drink lots of water!!:carrot: :D

****SHORT TERM GOAL*****Hopefully, by feb.14,2006 .CRoss my fingers!!!
http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/img/bar-chicks/slider-situp/lb/220/199/207/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/index.php)

****LONG TERM GOAL****
http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/img/bar098/fireworks01/lb/220/150/207/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/index.php)

brokeneyes
02-01-2006, 10:08 PM
Hey everybody! I posted on the wrong one i see, lol. But i found you..thanks for caring,lol. well..i didnt make any progress today but i dont officially start till tomorrow so im not too upset. Im not that overweight but i read the site for overeaters anonymous and i could seriously be a member. Is it just me or are those questions kind of vauge? I do eat alone alot...and kinda gorge when im upset on foods that should not go together,lol. Anyway all that changes tomorrow soo no more worrying about it!!! lol ok im done ranting...really...im serious..ok. now. lol
Chat tomorrow!

Wide in Winnipeg
02-02-2006, 12:11 AM
:D Hi Brokeneyes!! glad you found us!!!!:D I'm going to join you tomorrow and start all fresh,like I haven't been trying to lose weight for the past 4 months!!!! Whoo hoo! I'm pumped!:carrot: I'm with ya girl when it comes to gorging,I eat for any reason!
Jazy~ I am not on WW so I really don't know what your diet plans are like,sorry,wish I could help,Hun:) I might be joining though,it's a hard decision for me because of the financial problems I have(thankyou dumb ex husband:mad: )But maybe a miricle will happen!!!!
Congrats on the 3lb loss!!! I an so happy/proud of you!And jealous too!;)
That's it for me....G'night!
W.

sweet_pea
02-02-2006, 04:10 AM
i did really well for breakfast and lunch and then overate in the evening. PM munching is still a problem for me

well done jazy - which plan are you on? we have a nocounts plan here which looks pretty good. do you prepare all your own meals or do you buy the WW package meals from the supermarket? i have tried them and they are hideous altho the desserts are pretty good ;)

:welcome3: brokeneyes. don't be too worried about the OA guidelines they do fit a lot of people the question is how out of control or compulsive your eating is. i am a compulsive overeater and binger but i don't like the 12 step program (don't believe in it) so i keep away

wendy don't let money stand in the way. i worked out that if i added up all the junk food i eat i could easily afford WW or a gym membership it's a matter of choices and so far i keep choosing the junk food. i am still working on making better choices. i will get there

had a dry patch in the weather today and went for a good walk. will probably only do something small tmrw so i don't overdo things

meg - another author i like is meg gardiner. i am totally addicted to reading. have been a bookworm ever since i can remember. one day i'd like to try writing fiction but for now i will stick to writing non fiction.

i have sort of given up on my goal to get my current book finished. it seems like i have run out of time especially with other goals i have. i need to clear my head and work out what is important. health and sanity is #1 the rest i am still juggling...

Wide in Winnipeg
02-02-2006, 12:47 PM
Good Morning!!! How are you all doing??? I'm going out for lunch today so I am going to have a hard time behaving!:D

Wide in Winnipeg
02-02-2006, 05:08 PM
My goodness! Is it ever quiet around here!! What's new girls???:D

sweet_pea
02-02-2006, 05:34 PM
morning just had breakfast even tho it is 1130am. have masses to do and having family issues. well i'm not having issues she is, but i'm involved! catch you all later

brokeneyes
02-02-2006, 06:15 PM
Hey! Ive lost 3lbs as of today..im guessing thats a little bit of water weight and some good exercise! Ive noticed that im much more determined than i thought i was. Whenever i wanted to pick up one of the childrens (im a nanny) pop tarts or cookies, I just picked up my book and started to read. Plus spin class this morning helped me on my concentration today at work..i just FEEL better. I HATE getting up to go to the gym, but after im done i feel so good and energized not to mention a little more attractive (i'll admit im a little vain,lol). Well i hope you girls are having the best of days!!!. Keep it up!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/img/bar-leopard/luck02/lb/0/20/3/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/index.php)

sweet_pea
02-02-2006, 10:49 PM
well done on the loss brokeneyes

Wide in Winnipeg
02-02-2006, 10:53 PM
3lbs!!!! Way to go!!!:carrot: I'm not up to chatting tonight so please forgive me. I have a big day ahead of me tomorrow and I'm pretty stressed about it:( I will catch up to you all tomorrow!
Ginight,
W.

jazy
02-03-2006, 12:01 AM
good job broken eyes on those 3lbs. hey yall .Love ya and good luck.Good night!!

Wide in Winnipeg
02-03-2006, 10:55 AM
morning girls, what is the topic for today???;)

Wide in Winnipeg
02-03-2006, 03:02 PM
Well, look at that,gone most of the day and not one post between....Getting pretty quiet around here....guess we have to get things fired up again...any suggestions???
W.

brokeneyes
02-03-2006, 04:42 PM
The post for today is red..because im angry,lol. I really messed up on my food today! I didn't exceed my calories, but i ate ALL the wrong foods..im talking cookies,sugar filled cereal, gummi snacks(lol), and anything else you can think of. Im so upset at myself already! Im sure counting cals is great, but if its all junk food its kind of pointless right? hopefully tomorrow i will be back in the right state of mind (and soul) for this.
1 good point..I did go to all my exercise classes today!:carrot: :carrot: Maybe that can help with some of my bad judgement lol.

TOPIC FOR THE DAY:
if you have to eat out, what are resturants you would suggest?
and things to stay away from?

Valentines day challenge
http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/img/bar-leopard/luck02/lb/0/14/5/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/index.php)

sweet_pea
02-03-2006, 05:02 PM
i'm pretty stressed too. i have family problems. someone who has been arrested (unfairly) and the small town cops just don't seem to be listening to reason. have spent a lot of time in last few days on phone to police, lawyer, council, etc etc. is mega stressful. is really a civil matter - a dispute between neighbours that has got ridiculously out of hand. they released her without charges but say they are coming back on monday again to re-arrest her. whole thing is bizarre

W - suggestions??? may need to advertise again. other possibility is you could PM all the members and see which ones want to come back. Looks like Diane etc have migrated to the DYP thread. I gave up on that. I'm too stressed to worry about food right now

broken - it's only 1 day. just pick up and carry on.

Wide in Winnipeg
02-03-2006, 06:07 PM
Brokeneyes~We all screw up from time to time,don't worry about it too much,tomorrow is a brand new day!!!!!:D
As for restaurants....Do you have Applebee's down there??? They apperantly have a WW mini menu,which might be worth checking out,otherwise I think if you can stick to a soup and salad kind of thing you will be doing O.K.!!!!!
Sweetpea~ I am so sorry you are going through that kind of stuff! I kind of know how stressful it is because I am dealing with lawyers,physcologists,and all that BS right now.I also gave up on the game,but not because of stress or diet matters,I left it for Diane to do.
Hope everything gets better for both of you soon...
Take care and give yourself a hug from me:hug: :hug:
W.

Wide in Winnipeg
02-03-2006, 10:19 PM
Due to illness,I'm off to bed. Have a good sleep!
W.

Wide in Winnipeg
02-05-2006, 11:43 AM
WHEW! That was a long day without you guys!! That's ok, I spent all day in bed,I was really sick. I even had to ship my son off to grandma and gramdpas for the day.That has never happened before!
Hope you are all well,and not cheating on your diets;) chat with you soon!

Wide in Winnipeg
02-05-2006, 06:25 PM
what's for supper girls?:tired:

Wide in Winnipeg
02-05-2006, 09:43 PM
HELLO???

jazy
02-06-2006, 12:45 AM
hey, wendy!! wow super bowl weekend must have gotten to everyone.Well, I have been crazy busy but, just wanted to say hi....hey, where is diane and tess.I hope they come back!! I had a bad weekend I kinda cheated on my diet a bit,but am definetly starting ovre tommorow and getting back on track..

well, off ot bed, C ya tommorow!!

megsa
02-06-2006, 03:23 AM
Hello Ladies,

I'm back!! The move went well, but it did mean that the healthy eating went awol for a few days lol! Did have some jam donuts that I've been craving for a while, so felt better. TOM coming up, so have been mainlining chocolate, as well as from the stress of the move. My bed gets delivered on Wed which will be really cool, as I've hurt my back and sleeping on the blow up bed isn't helping! A bit better today, but still living on nurofen.

Sweet - Sorry to hear about all the bad stuff happening. Nothing worse than something happening unfairly. Make sure to follow the right channels, so that these people can't use that as a reason to convict/harass.

Wendy - Hope you feel better soon. I know that I'm usually in a foul mood when I'm sick!

I actullay managed to lose 1/2 kg (1lb) this week! Hope it goes better now that we've stocked up on veggies again.

Must go, work calls.

Mwah

megsa
02-06-2006, 04:54 AM
Sweet - I'm on the points version of WW, although I've bought the SBD book to have a look at that. My dad died from a heart attack and my mom has already had a stent inserted, so I'm keen to keep my heart as healthy as possible. Luckily, I don't seem to have the familial cholestorol, but it never hurts to be careful. That comes from my mom's side of the family, and I luckily look like my dad's side.

Terry Pratchett wise, give one book a go. Even my mom now and again looks through one, as his humour is quite subtle and it can take a while before you catch the 'real world' connection that he's making. I would try 'The Hogfather' as a first try or 'Men at Arms'. I also enjoy books by John Sandford. They are crime/police but also have some humour and the main charactor is fallable. I've been re-reading all the SP books again, during the move, as I haven't had a chance to go to the library. If you like cats, try to get hold of books by Deric Longden, he is a Brit who writes about his cats. My mom and I have at times laughed out loud at his descriptions! I will go through my books, when I get a chance and see who else I enjoy. Do you read fantasy as well?

LeslieFM
02-06-2006, 06:05 AM
Hello, everyone, found the thread.....I am finally not sick anymore, but got my period...LOL.

Well, at least I am not retaining water weight.

Wide in Winnipeg
02-06-2006, 11:09 AM
Feeling a bit better today,but retaining water and crampy,better than being sick though:)
Wow, glad you're all back! I was getting pretty lonely here by myself:(
I got to get some food into Ryan and I before I head off to work,so I'll catch up to you this evening! Have a wonderful day girls!
W.

brokeneyes
02-06-2006, 03:02 PM
Hi everyone! was it just my computer or was the website not working on saturday? Anyway...Ive lost a total of 6lbs now. I stayed on track during the BIG weekend. I'll admit mostly because I had a very high fever and lived on the couch and couldn't eat anything that wasn't liquid-like. Im better now though. I think it was just a virus or something. Not very fun :mad: . lol. Im am so exited that I will finally be able to work out agian tonight!! There is this great Latin Movement class that is so much fun..it makes me smile when I hurt,:carrot: :carrot: . I hope to hear some positive entries soon. Keep it up! :D

Rosario
02-06-2006, 03:12 PM
If you like latin dancing you should try taking a salsa or merengue class. one night my boyfriend and I were messing around dancing and I felt like I had worked out for an hour. It's so much funner than just plain excercising. So if you wanna spice it up a bit look into that.

Wide in Winnipeg
02-06-2006, 04:59 PM
That sounds like so much fun!!!:D I am down to 136lbs!!:D Pretty happy about that!

sweet_pea
02-06-2006, 05:55 PM
OOOH i love latin dancing too. soooo much fun. but no classes where i live so i can't learn it :(

congrats on weight loss wendy

i have to run. lots to do. have only just got back online in last 1/2 hour with server move. back soon

SunnyKells
02-07-2006, 12:08 AM
Wendy ... what did you do with everyone? You're the only one I recognize woman! LOL Hi everyone! I'm back to being motivated ... this is day 8 for me and I lost 5lbs already! WOOHOO!
Anyway, just wanted to pop in! :) Hi everyone!

SunnyKells
02-07-2006, 12:08 AM
BTW where is Andrea/Diane?!?

Wide in Winnipeg
02-07-2006, 01:41 AM
HI KELLI!!!I don't know where everyone is....Does anyone else know where they all went???
Good job on that 5lbs hun!! Whoohoo!!
I'm jealous!:D
Going to bed now,see ya in the AM!!!!!
G'night!

sweet_pea
02-07-2006, 03:55 AM
off to bed now
Kelli well done on the weight loss - can you pls send some of your motivation this way ;)

night

megsa
02-07-2006, 08:09 AM
Ugh! Crappy day - computer probs DELUX and work to do. Work now done, but computer probs still there. Hate IT guys that don't know what they're doing and then proceed to stuff up your laptop!!! Back better and did cycle for an hour last night, but finished off the evening with 4 cocktail cheese rolls!! Not really on the plan, but will try harder tonight. Not much on TV so may end up unpacking clothes! Handyman came today and fixed kitchen light and removed door. Can now put things away in the cupboards! Roasted veg and gravy for supper. I'm still ODing on fruit from the weekend and am averaging about 3 pieces per day.

Night/Morning

Wide in Winnipeg
02-07-2006, 11:53 AM
Good morning!:D What's up ladies? Although my back is killing me,I seem to be in a fairly good mood today. No exercise for me again,guess i have to spend the day playing with Ryan and enjoying him!!:D Sounds like fun to me!!!
Catch ya later!
W.

Wide in Winnipeg
02-07-2006, 05:05 PM
:dance: HI girls! What's up? I'm hopefully going out for awhile later this evening,it would be nice to see some adults for a change!

sweet_pea
02-07-2006, 07:35 PM
no plans today. have spent most of the day so far sleeping. now i am watching the Dr Phil show. it is a repeat and we are 1 yr behind the US but it is on weight loss so watching it for tips.

have fun and take care

megsa
02-08-2006, 03:31 AM
Where is everyone? Have they dumped us for plump? Still having computer hassles, but hoping to throw it out the window later! Wet and quite chilly here, think winter coming early this year. Hope I've got enough warm clothes. I unpacked t-shirts last night and realise that I have plenty and don't need to buy anymore for quite a while. Some don't fit, some are REALLY old and holey (but dear and close friends) and others I'd forgotten about. Can now work my way through all 4(!!!) piles slowly. Work calling so off to do it (slowly).

Wendy - hope your back feels better soon.

Sweet - what news on your family probs?

sweet_pea
02-08-2006, 04:39 AM
yeppers meg. i think everyone has gone and dumped us for plump hehe

haha that's funny old and holdy tshirts that are dear and close friends. i threw out heaps of stuff like tshirts when i moved house in december. still have too many things tho. my clothes are ok but lots of other clutter i need to sort and work thru.

my family problems look like they're sorting out. the council have come down on her side and hopefully will sort it out with the police. a relief for me, altho i still have to work out what to do. she really needs to get a psychiatric assessment but she won't go. i am going to talk to my doc about it and see if maybe she can ring the other doc and talk to him about assessing her next time she goes in.

have a nice day!

Wide in Winnipeg
02-08-2006, 02:45 PM
:p

sweet_pea
02-08-2006, 07:13 PM
not feeling talkative today wendy?

Wide in Winnipeg
02-08-2006, 07:19 PM
Nope! A little hung over today:o HEEHEE! Had fun though!

sweet_pea
02-08-2006, 07:56 PM
oh no, my dog has campylobacta. i now have to treat both my dogs for it and the cat to be safe. grrr

am off to disinfect everything ugh ugh

Wide in Winnipeg
02-08-2006, 10:17 PM
OH poor you! And animals too! Hope all goes well.
I'm off to bed,g'night!

sweet_pea
02-08-2006, 11:51 PM
thanks. it's highly contagious and can pass to humans so i am having to be extra careful. lots of work!

i bought salads for tonight as i knew i would not prepare anything after this chaotic dat

megsa
02-09-2006, 03:32 AM
Campy-what?!?!? Sounds a bit like an STD...(Lets just leave that thought right there!!!)lol and I'll now get my mind out of the gutter! We're just about getting washed away here today - the rain is phenominal and heavy! It took us 40min to drive 14km today! Some of the other guys here took even longer - anywhere up to 2 hours! Nobody in this country knows how to drive when it rains. I have some work and will be changing some plans for the umpteenth time because the the d*mn architect keeps changing his mind!! (Architects and IT guys are very hight up on my sh*t list at the mo and keep changing places!)

My bed arrived yesterday and sleeps SOOO nicely!!

Wendy - hope you enjoyed the night before the hangover! Been so long for me I don't know if I know how to do it anymore!

Good night.

Wide in Winnipeg
02-09-2006, 03:11 PM
Hi girls! What's up? Would you believe I still have a headache:o Wow,didn't think I drank that much...only had 4 vodka and 7's, I'm guessing that it was 3 to many!
So I have this Idea for the ladies that are not doing the Dump your plump thing....if your interested PM me and I'll let you know what it is!!!;) It's nothing bad so don't worry!!!
Maybe a little ..........competition.........HEEHEEHEE!!!
Hope all is well with you and yours,take care and have a great day!

(((((TESSA))))) Hope you are better soon,Hun!

sweet_pea
02-09-2006, 05:25 PM
hey there. nice pic wendy

meg - you always sound so bright and chirpy hehe. glad your bed is nice to sleep in. so explain what you do. i thought you worked in an office or do you subcontract?

i'm not up to a competition right now. honestly i am in survival mode. i am just so exhausted. the disease can be transmitted to humans so i am constantly disenfecting everything and washing everything several times.

And this morning I woke to chaos so I demolished the buzz bars for breakfast. First thing I see jasmine has found some loose wallpaper and pulled it off and chewed it to bits. Grrrrrr

Next doggy poo and pee. On the tarp which is good. but one of the dogs obviously stepped on the pee and tramped it around the house. Given that they have an infectious bacteria I am now too scared to walk around the house without shoes. I am going to have to get a professional floor cleaning service but I can’t do it until the dogs are cured.

they shouldn’t have needed to go inside. I took them out before bed and I definitely saw Jazz pee. Saff went down to the end of the section so I couldn’t see what she did. I have washed my hands so many times they are almost raw. i went for a walk to buy disposable gloves. Cripes I am very unhappy and feeling scared I might get this disease.

while I was out getting the gloves and mop i took advantage of the McD offer of 2 bacon egg mcmuffins for price of 1 and had em for breakfast. I saved a bit of the crust for saffie but ate all the filling and a giant OJ chock full of sugar. Now I’m not going to need to eat for a few hours hehe

off to lie down for a bit. hope it doesn't rain on my washing. very grey clouds.

Wide in Winnipeg
02-09-2006, 06:59 PM
Hey Sweets! I hope the pups and kittie get better soon! And I really hope you don't get it! Wow, that would be awful,take care!
The McD's sounds SO good right now......should I?........Nope better not:D Gotta try and behave......Gotta try and behave....Gotta try and behave..!!!!!
I think I am having a hard time trying to behave....TEEHEE! But in the end,I will behave...I think!
:devil:

Silverfern
02-09-2006, 09:57 PM
Hey all. Sorry I've been MIA, thanks Wendy for checking on me. School holidays were pretty hectic and I felt guilty spending too much time on the computer. Exercise has also been taking precedence so I haven't had much time for checking in except to update my tickers etc. Have thought of you all though. School's back (woohoo) so I should have a bit more time now.

Wendy ~ NICE pic - you're just the way I pictured you for some reason, lol. Ryan sure is a cutie. I'm feeling competitive so send me the details of your competition idea, I won't be doing the Dump Your Plump thing. WTG on getting down to 136lbs - you must be stoked to be off that plateau.

Sweet Pea ~ Sorry to hear about your sick doggy. Arrghh, that must be hideous. Hope it passes quickly and you and the other two furbies manage to avoid getting it.

Meg ~ I could do with a new bed. I HATE mine. It's too hard. We have a topper pad with bumps on it to soften it a bit but it gets too hot in the Summer so it's a choice between being too hot or sleeping on a slab of bricks!!

Hey to everyone else here. Must go and tidy the house. I've had a slack day today and it's a pigsty with a capital P.

sweet_pea
02-10-2006, 12:06 AM
hi. nice to see you back silverfern!

Wide in Winnipeg
02-10-2006, 01:07 AM
Hi ALL!!!! I am so tired:tired: Nice to see you back Silverfern! I'll get back to you on the challenge:) I am off to bed in a few minutes,gotta go to the other thread and say g'night there too!
So g'night!

megsa
02-10-2006, 01:52 AM
Sweet - I'm not always happy and chirpy, at the mo I'm feeling quite pissed - computer hopefully better, but having to save all my plans on the c drive has made it really slow! I am normally very sarcastic and cynical with what could be called a slightly warped sense of humour! I'm a draughtsman and work for consulting engineers (elec and mech). The engineer I work for the most, is doing a lot of building conversions, from office to residential. One of those designs was ok, except now the architect has moved things and added pillars in ridiculous places! I now have to shift light points and plugs and it is a really TEDIOUS job!! Had to supplement with chocolate yesterday pm to get through the afternoon. Then had mac & cheese for supper - am now detoxing! Did get on the bike for 30min to not feel so bad for all the cheese!

Wendy - That photo is soooo cool!! Your son is just gorgeous (and this from a non-kiddie person!) In my heavy drinking days (in London) I used to go home from a night out and down a couple of vit c and b and try to manage some water as well. I can remember once drinking nearly a whole bottle of vodka and then going to work still drunk the next day!!:yikes: If I did that now, I think it would kill me! Let me know about the comp - I'm going to be starting the Self Challenge at the end Feb, maybe you want to join me?

Silver - Good to see you back. Glad to hear about the exercise - mine has been a bit hit and miss this week, but hope to be better next week.

Must go and earn my salary now.

Good night

Wide in Winnipeg
02-10-2006, 12:38 PM
Good Morning Lovley Ladies!!!! What's up????? I'm a little tired today:( I'll live! It's sure nice to hear from all of you! And I hope all the others come back eventually! I have to go and make lunch, so I'll be back later!
W.

sweet_pea
02-10-2006, 04:00 PM
morning all

just going outside for breakfast now. tired and moving slowly but will get there

Wide in Winnipeg
02-10-2006, 05:35 PM
Hi Sweet Pea! Good morning to you!! Almost dinner time here! What are you up to today?

Wide in Winnipeg
02-10-2006, 09:03 PM
La Te De Ta DA!!! I'm bored.:(

sweet_pea
02-10-2006, 09:49 PM
gee wendy i thought you didn't have time for reading? if you're bored how about reading a book? a run? dancing?

anyway i went out for lunch with friends. ate too much. home now and will do some stuff on mother's accounts etc/

no exercise yet. may do dancing later

Wide in Winnipeg
02-10-2006, 10:35 PM
HAHA!! You caught me!!! I'm just lazy today!:D

Wide in Winnipeg
02-11-2006, 12:22 AM
Well,I'm off to bed. I'm going to the mall to meet a friend for coffee and a look around tomorrow morning,I will have Ryan with me so I can't stay long without him terrorizing the place!!:D Catch ya all after that!
W.
G'night!

Wide in Winnipeg
02-11-2006, 12:24 PM
GOOD MORNING!!!!
SHHHH,Sweet Pea is still sleeping!!:p HEE HEE HEE!!!
Feeling playful today!! And off to the mall,catch ya later!!
Have a great day all!
~W.~

Wide in Winnipeg
02-11-2006, 03:02 PM
Hi Honey, I'm home!!!:hug:

Silverfern
02-11-2006, 03:43 PM
Hi Sweet Pea ~ How are your pets doing? How long does the campylobacter take to pass?

Hi Wendy ~ How did your outing go? Hope Ryan was an angel so you got to spend a good while out.

Nothing exciting going on here today. Cleaning and tidying - the house is a sty, but what's new!! Plus motivation is evading me today. DH is at a working bee for the morning, oldest son is doing paper deliveries. Might go and view a couple of show homes later to get some ideas. That's about it for now. At least it's a beautiful, sunny day, although it's supposed to get very windy later which I hate because the windows need to be shut to keep the dirt out.

Wide in Winnipeg
02-11-2006, 11:26 PM
HI!! I wasn't gone for long today,I decided to re-arrange my living room and it's still not done! Just have the pictures to put back up tomorrow and get one of my tables from storage! I think it turned out to be a 5 hour workout! Should have left it for next week and add the points! lol!!!
We had a beautiful winter day here and managed to get Ryan out for about an hour too,so he was pretty tired when he went to bed!
I am going for a nice bubble bath and probable veg in front of the T.V. for awhile before bed. G'night and catch ya lighter!
~W.~:D

sweet_pea
02-12-2006, 02:47 AM
hi all
i've got a headache not sure why so haven't done much today. feel very slothful

i have put on weight so tmrw i need to get moving lol

Wide in Winnipeg
02-12-2006, 11:48 AM
OK Sweet Pea, get your arse in gear!!!!:hug: I hope that headache is gone by now! Not to late to join the game.......I'm not backing out this time!!!Come on!! So you start on Tuesday........nothing like a little pressure!!!:D
Have a good day all!!!
~W.~

Wide in Winnipeg
02-12-2006, 04:37 PM
where are my friends.........:?: :cry: :cry:

Wide in Winnipeg
02-12-2006, 09:44 PM
Hey! Went out for dinner tonight for my final meal(haha) and found that I wasn't very hungry after all! What's up?

Wide in Winnipeg
02-13-2006, 12:30 AM
G'night,see ya all tomorrow!:)
~W.~

megsa
02-13-2006, 04:18 AM
Hello all,

Have been hitting the computer (working for a change again!), but have taken a quick 5 min to catch up! We've been having SO MUCH RAIN HERE!! Had a humdinger of a thunderstorm on Friday arvo and nearly washed away! Places all around us were flooded and the highway was almost impassable! We had about 80mm in under 30min! Have now had just over 24hours without rain, but they say more is coming! My eating is beserk at the mo - put away way too much sweets etc this weekend, but still managing to lose weight - go figure! Only 300g, but still a loss. This means I'm on track for my 1kg this month!

Wendy - know about the moving around. We're hoping to get carpets put in this week and then we can really get things packed away and sorted out! My exercise bike karked it yesterday - looks like the spring has sprung, so back to the stepper til I can make another plan.

Sweet - hope the headache goes away - try drugs! I'm a bit of a nurofen-babe. I take it for almost anything!

Ok, back to work.

sweet_pea
02-13-2006, 04:40 AM
i've been eating too much but unfortunately weight gain not loss. hardly surprising as i haven't done much exercise and my new meds make me very sleepy. i seem to need a 2 hr hap each day which is putting a dent in things

despite all that i really don't like drugs so i never think to take panadol or nurofen. i just suffer or go lie down. probably not the best solution when you have stuff to do. but i'm used to feeling poorly so i get a bit passive sometimes

i will get back to walking when the dogs come out of their quarantine period. i just don't have the heart to go without them so i have done a little dancing in the lounge, not much else

also been thinking about my goals, doing a bit of soul searching. haven't found the answers yet

megsa
02-13-2006, 08:54 AM
Sweet - nothing worse than feeling bad! I'm really not a nice person when I'm sick (and then sometimes even when I'm NOT sick)! Hope your dogs get better soon! I'm sure that they are also missing their walk. I don't really set goals. I've got friends whose lives are mapped out for the next 5, 10 years and my idea of a goal is actually buying a plane ticket a few months in advance! I'm not a very pro-active person. Anyway... work is now done, not sure what comes next, but still got half an hour here. Need to do something about my bike!

Mwah

Wide in Winnipeg
02-13-2006, 12:20 PM
Hi Girls! How are you feeling now Sweet pea? I hope you get better soon! Sounds like you are not very interested in the weight loss thing at the moment,you have to be ready and willing and able to achive your goals! I hope that very soon,you will be able to get back on track mentally and KICK BUTT!!
We always have interuptions in our lives that we have to deal with first before we can reach out goals!
Good Luck!
Hi Megsa!~ Wow, sounds like alot of rain,I hope you are ok!!! My Idea of setting goals is to plan a evening to get groceries!!! LOL!

Later ladies!

Wide in Winnipeg
02-13-2006, 10:51 PM
Another lonely day around here....:( Hope it picks up soon! G'night/morning/evening to all!
W.

megsa
02-14-2006, 01:12 AM
Wendy - it has become very quiet hasn't it? Maybe you should post up front again - that's how sweet and I found you! We've now had just over 24hrs without rain-gives the grass a chance to grow again!

I took my bike apart last night and discovered that the strap that goes round the wheel has snapped! And this after only 7 months and 800km! Hacks me off and now I've got to take it back to the shop. Would like to trade it in and get an eliptical instead, but don't think the shop will agree to that! Will have to see.

Sweet - how are you feeling today/tonight? I had lots of work yesterday, but today I'm surfing again! May have again later, but not holding my breath. Unfortunately, that is the way this industry goes, and they are really battling to get going this year!

I'll check in again later.

sweet_pea
02-14-2006, 01:46 AM
yeah you're right dieting is not top of my list but when i feel better i will put more time into it. right now i am taking things carefully in case i have caught the bug the dogs had

meg you make me laugh about goals. i am the opposite. i like doing things spontaneously but i also have lists of goals of things i want to achieve!

Wide in Winnipeg
02-14-2006, 02:34 AM
I think we will post for some newbies,Do one of you want to do that or do you want me to do that tomorrow?? I think if we put it in the Buddy up and support sections we will get some responces!!! I will leave it up to the 2 of you to decide who's going to set it up! I got no problem doing it,if that's what is decided!! Have a great day!!
G'night!!
Wendy

megsa
02-14-2006, 06:02 AM
Wendy - I think that you being the 'senior' member, you should do it! Don't you also think so sweet? She has been here longer than us two, and I just don't know what to do!

Am now working my little (maybe not quite so little) butt off with some hospital plans and they will keep me busy for the rest of the day and probably most of tomorrow!

I've been cutting down on starch during the week and find that I can't eat all my points! Today I've still got two apples and a nectarine to go and I'm only on about 14 pts! Supper is going to be yummy roasted veg, so I'll have quite a big one.

My book is calling to me while I eat my lunch so I'll see you both tomorrow.

Good night/good morning

sweet_pea
02-14-2006, 06:45 AM
yes i agree! wendy is the best person to do the invite. go for it wendy

gee that's great that cutting down on starches is working so well for you. what are you eating instead?

Wide in Winnipeg
02-14-2006, 01:00 PM
Hi! Ok,I'll see what I can do!! How are you all doing??? I'm wiped out,busy day ahead of me too!:(
W.

Wide in Winnipeg
02-14-2006, 09:23 PM
HIYA!! My day just got better!! Hope you are all well!!:D :D :D

Wide in Winnipeg
02-15-2006, 12:37 PM
Whow, that was pretty sad,nobody posted!:( Good morning to you all any way!

sweet_pea
02-15-2006, 05:53 PM
hi off to the doc today. just taking it quietly and doing some washing and other non-fun stuff

megsa
02-16-2006, 01:30 AM
Wendy! - I tried to post yesterday, but our internet provider was off line and so were we for the whole day!! Real bugger to have no work and no net! Read almost an entire book as a result. Today, so far I've done all my work and it's only 830! At least we're back online. How come your day got better?

Sweet - let us know what the doc says. As for cutting out starch, this week isn't going so good. My mom baked some of her bread on tues and I've put away quite a few slices so far. It is at least wholewheat and VERY full of fibre, combined with my oat/bran/carrot/apple muffins, it's keeping me regular (sorry, that may have been tmi!). We eat a lot of roasted veg (butternut, carrot, onion and peppers) with gravy and I can eat that without any meat, but am trying to add more in.

Haven't been exercising with my bike in pieces, but will be taking it back to the shop on sat - hoping to be able to upgrade to an elliptical trainer! Not sure if the shop will agree, but I've only had the damn bike 7 months!! They just don't seem to build them for actual use!!

sweet_pea
02-16-2006, 02:43 AM
well starch is high GI so can be worth excluding but from what you just said i'd be more inclined to take out the gravy ;) i like meat and enjoy eating it. esp if it is really fresh and natural. i esp love bbqd meat

i would think if the bike isn't able to fill the purpose they are built for that the retailer has no choice but to refund or exchange it. goods have to be fit for the purpose they are sold for!

i have dstill not done enough exercise. today i did some errands but that's not enough. i need to be walking or dancing or doing some specific intentional exercise

doggies are all ok now for walkies and quarantine is over. i sprayed some of the section with disinfectant but didn't quite finish (naughty me i was procrastinating too much)

doc said to continue pills even tho they make me sleep a couple of hours a day. she said just set your alarm and sleep for 1 hour. i said ok fully intending to sleep the 2 hrs i need rofl

Wide in Winnipeg
02-16-2006, 03:34 AM
Sorry girls! I'd love to chat but i'm beat! It's 2:30am here and just got the work done for dad. I'll catch up to you all tomorrow!
W.

megsa
02-16-2006, 07:40 AM
Sweet - never really thought about the gravy like that before... but I must say that it's not really a hard and fast rule for me about starch, more like something I'm just trying. Having nothing to do at work is boring and that makes me want to eat. Having TOM as well, which is late because of the move as well. Have managed to read nearly two whole books in 24 hrs with no work or internet! Will try to get on the stepper tonight if I feel like it! I'm sure the shop will exchange the bike for me, but I would like to try something new! How long does the doc think it will take you to acclimatise to the new meds? Hope that it's soon so that you can get moving again. Also good news about the animals - there is some incentive to get moving!

I think that I'll spend some time re-thinking my diet this weekend. I do know that I'm still losing weight, but I've become very slapdash lately and that must stop.

Ok, speak to you both tomorrow.

Mwah

Wide in Winnipeg
02-16-2006, 12:07 PM
Morning! How I envy you being able to read so much!! I can't even get through a magazine these days!
SweetPea,glad to hear that you and your pets are ok now! That must have been hard to handle,and stressful too!
I'm having a hard time getting off this plateau I'm on and it's getting irritating!! Almost as irritating as my ex-husband!
I also have to re-think me diet plan,or go on a diet plan!! lol!
Later!
W.

Wide in Winnipeg
02-16-2006, 06:51 PM
:D Bump!:D

sweet_pea
02-16-2006, 07:59 PM
oh i can't keep my nose out of books. i have to force myself to do other stuff LOL. what are you reading meg?

i went for a nice long walk with the dogs today and am feeling pleased with myself

wendy did you advertise on the board for more people?

Wide in Winnipeg
02-17-2006, 12:36 AM
Hi! Guess nobody is interested:( I posted for newbies yesterday and no responce yet.:( :( That's ok,they will come,I have faith!
Off to bed soon.Ryan is in the bath(I know,it's late) and will be going to bed within 1/2 hour(I hope) and then I'm off to La La Land myself. Still trying to catch up from 3 days with little. Hope all is well,Take care and have a great day/night!!
W.:val1:

megsa
02-17-2006, 01:27 AM
Sweet - I've sadly just read a double book of Nora Robers (cring!!!). Finished those last night and started on stephanie no. 8 because the other new book is here at work! That is a Clive Cussler - action adventure. Will see how the day goes, but the boss is away and I have no work, and will be going for a haircut as well. REALLY did not feel like coming into work today, but going better now that I'm here.

Wendy - I'm also having probs with motivation etc at the moment. My eating is totally out of wak and I'm worried that I'm going to start picking up weight again! I haven't been exercising in the last few weeks and that might also have something to do with it. I hoping that I'll get back into it all from next week.

My plans for sunday (lunch with friends) has been cancelled, so I'll try and spend some time unpacking and sorting out. There are at least two boxes in my room that are nearly empty and can be emptied! I would of course MUCH rather sit and read a book! We'll just wait and see which wins!

Mwah

sweet_pea
02-17-2006, 05:49 AM
Hi all

i went out to dinner tonight with some friends plus had someone come by this afternoon for a chat. unfortunately haven't got much done tho. plus i bought mcd on my way home at 10pm - NAUGHTY hehe

i don't like nora roberts either. actually i don't like the mystery/thriller books that always have a romantic ending e.g. iris johanssen. she's a good writer but they're really just disguised mills n boon. i don't read action adventure. i'm strictly a mystery murder and mayhem gal

yup i'd rather read a book than housework or sorting boxes too. i still have lots of unpacked boxes because i don't have room but i need to go sort them and rehome some of the stuff

reading legal thrillers at the mo by DW Buffa. pretty good. night

bigbootie
02-17-2006, 09:17 AM
Hello Ladies,

I was reading your posts and you are an inspiring group of women. I hope you dont mind if I join your thread. I need a group like you to help keep me motivated. Well have a good day ladies. I will talk to you soon.

Wide in Winnipeg
02-17-2006, 12:44 PM
HI Bigbootie! Welcome,jump right in and make yourself at home!!
So,back to the books...Let's see,the last book I read was"What to expect the toddlers years"!! ROFL:rofl: Wasn't as educational as I thought it would be!And that was over a year ago.......How I miss that leisure time...:(
On to better things! Today is going to be a raving sucess for me. I'm determined to be a good girl and eat my vegetables!!!!
Just have to...stay..away..from....the.....chips........:dus t:
going to be hard,but will manage!!!
See ya all later!
Wendy

Wide in Winnipeg
02-17-2006, 11:06 PM
Hi! Guess I'll chat with you all tomorrow,I have a busy day planned so I won't be around to much!
G'night/morning to you all!
Wendy

sweet_pea
02-18-2006, 06:44 AM
I went out tonight to a party. I didn’t want to go but now I’m glad I did. I did some dancing and most of the people were nice. I have quite a bad tummy upset now really rumbling but I’m not sure what caused it.

i also mowed the lawns and went for a short walk with the dogs. all and all a good night. oh and the dancing would have burned some calories too!

Wide in Winnipeg
02-18-2006, 12:54 PM
HI Sweet Pea! WOW sounds like you had a great time!I love dancing!I try to get out on Tuesdays to go country dancing(2 step,swings,chacha,etc.)but it's hard to find a babsitter sometimes!
Hope your tummy is feeling better!
Wendy

bigbootie
02-18-2006, 07:53 PM
Hello ladies,

Sorry I haven't posted but I have been very busy so far this weekend. School vacation is starting here this week and we took our niece in for the vacation so it has been hectic esp, with the 2 we already have. I must say that I have done an awful job dieting today and I am ashamed of myself. I must have drank 3 or 4 sodas which has always been my downfall, and I was doing so well with just drinking water and diet. As long as it doesnt happen again anytime soon, I cant kick myself to hard. I just joined the gym this week and boy are my legs burning. I am a bit upset that I didn't make it to the gym today and wont be able to go tommorrow because they do not have childcare on Sunday. I will have to do a tae-bo video to make up for it. Well I gotta go gets these kids settled down and to jammies. Have a good evening ladies, I will talk to you tomorrow.

Wide in Winnipeg
02-18-2006, 11:27 PM
Hi! Sounds like you have your hands full!!I am looking forward to the days when Ryan has sleep overs etc! Should be fun! I had a productive day so now it is time to sit back and relax with a nice cup of herbal tea! Maybe watch some tv before bed!Chat with you all tomorrow!
Wendy

bigbootie
02-19-2006, 08:22 AM
Goodmorning ladies,

Just checkin in. I have to grocery shopping today with 3 kids ahhhhh. Should be so much fun!! Planning on stocking up on fruits and veggies. I gotta really start eating more of them. My problem is I usually buy them when I go shopping, but they never get used end up going bad. Not this time. Well I hope you all have a good day.

Aila

susie_sunshine
02-19-2006, 10:48 AM
Good morning everyone!

How is your game going? I seem to be playing a game of my own these days! I haven't had a spare minute to really work out in two weeks yet i've managed to lose 6 lbs... my body is a mystery machine!

Well i'm off to the city for some grocery shopping! Toodles

Wide in Winnipeg
02-19-2006, 12:53 PM
Hi Susie! Way to go! Have fun in Wpg today!:hug:

sweet_pea
02-19-2006, 02:42 PM
i adore dancing!!! i would love to take lessons but there is only 1 place that does it and you need a partner. i don't know any spare men who can dance! i have done some lessons in auckland before i moved but not up here and i am not quite advanced enough to do it all at dances i still need some lessons. i esp love latin dance

aila - have fun with the shopping

susie - i'm slightly jealous. i'd love to lose 6lb lol. sell us your secret weight loss plan hehe

Wide in Winnipeg
02-19-2006, 03:43 PM
Hi Sweet Pea! I have a problem trying to find a male dance partner too! I only dance with 3 different guys and 1 of them is alot older than me so I feel like it have to take it easy on him!LOL!!:carrot:I'm scared he will have a heart attack or something!! LOL!! Actually he's in better shape than me!
Susie~I'm willing to come and pick up your secret diet from you!:D I don't live far! HAHA!!!
Aila~ how did the excursion go??They didn't tie you up and leave you in the frozen foods section,did they!! LOL!!

dgpebbles
02-19-2006, 04:42 PM
Hello ladies...I saw your other post where you are looking for more people due to others MIA...The same thing is happening in the other threads I've been posting on...I don't know where everyone's disappearing to..anyway I'm in this till the end...No giving up here so I would like to join your group..

I'm 36, single mom of a 18yr old girl...I started my new lifestyle on 12-19-05...I am counting calories and just trying to eat healthier..I also ride my stationary bike almost daily and I also do a few dvd workouts too...I like to weigh-in on Mondays...What days do you all weigh-in and what kind of diet are you doing?

Can't wait to get to know you all better...have a great day.

sweet_pea
02-19-2006, 04:44 PM
:welcome3: donna

nice to see you here! i am trying to eat less in particular i need to cut bingeing and reduce sugar/chocolate intake. also increasing exercise

Wide in Winnipeg
02-19-2006, 05:03 PM
:welcome: Hi Donna!Sounds like we basically have the same workout plan. I use my stationary bike and have my DVD aerobics that I do. I am doing the Beachbody-Slim in 6 workouts ,or I should say I'm starting them again tomorrow!
I usually weigh myself on Mondays too! How about you Sweet Pea?
And as for a diet plan,I don't have one,but plan on counting cals for the next 3 weeks-a month and see if that helps!
Glad to have you with us!
Wendy

susie_sunshine
02-19-2006, 09:28 PM
You guys make me laugh- you weigh in on Mondays? I weigh in about 62 times a day and freak out every time i gain an ounce! Maybe I should have my husband hide the scale and only let me use it once a week! I'm obsessed! Though I have realy stopped relying on the scale sinc it seems my body weight fluctates sometimes up to 7 lbs in a day. I go by how my clothes feel. Yesterday I put on some jeans I haven't worn since my last child was born!

here's my secret diet:
Step one- eat less
Step two- drink more water
Step three- repeat!

ok so i have my workout clothes on as we speak and i'm about to go for a short run. May the force be with me.

Wide in Winnipeg
02-19-2006, 09:39 PM
HAHA! Susie,you are funny! You know,I have to tell you this...When I first started this site I used to keep my scale in the van!!!:D I didn't weight myself so much because that consisted of unlocking the van,getting the scale,finding flat land,etc, just seemed like to much work!!LOL!I ahd to bring it in when it got below 0 though! My scale is digital and I didn't want to ruin it!
Good Luck with your run! Wish I could do that!With my asthma,I'm lucky If I can simply live some days! LOL!
W.

susie_sunshine
02-19-2006, 09:58 PM
ok, well that was not too bad. I think it's probably time to step it up a bit...I'd like to lose another 10 lbs before spring break...well 16 actually but that's not gonna happen so i'll be happy with 10.

This week my goal is to get out of bed early enough to workout before school at least three times....

sweet_pea
02-19-2006, 11:27 PM
i don't have a regular weigh in day i just do it when i feel like it. sometimes that's a couple of weeks apart. other times if i think i might have gained or lost i hop on the scale daily, all depends. a regular weigh in day is probably a good idea

i've got behind. i put some weight back on so i have to attack that first. talk about making life hard for myself grrrrr

sweet_pea
02-19-2006, 11:28 PM
oooh forgot to say. my exercise plan is mainly walking the dogs about 2.5km most days but i plan to keep building the distance

i also dance when i can. i need to increase that as i just love it. sometimes i do it in the lounge if there is nothing on. occasionally i go out to dance with friends. i might go to ceroc from time to time to do some dancing. it's fun!

megsa
02-20-2006, 02:26 AM
NEWBIES!!!! WELCOME!!

It was starting to get a bit tame around here, but it's really good to meet some new people. I've been doing WW for almost a year now, but have started on SBD this morning! We will hold thumbs and see if I can stick it out for the two weeks of Phase 1. My dodgy eating of the last two weeks caught up with this week and I gained 1kg :yikes: We've got a program on tv at the mo called Strictly Come Dancing - celebs dancing with professional dancers. It is very enjoyable to watch. After watching 'Dirty Dancing' while at school, a friend and I took dancing lessons for quite a few years and I even have my gold medal in ballroom (I think)

Sweet - I'm SOOO trying to get my sweet-tooth under control! I ate a bottle of chocolate spread this week. As well as a couple packets of biscuits (cookies) and just general bad stuff.

Wendy - I also have a stationary bike, although it is in pieces at the moment as the tension strap has snapped:( I'm starting my Self Challenge today and will have to make do with the stepper until the bike is fixed. They are supposed to send someone out to do it.

I think that I'll sprinkle some :dust: over us all to get us back on track this week:D

LeslieFM
02-20-2006, 06:15 AM
Happy President's day everyone! Or Washington's birthday...which ever...or just happy monday to everyone else.....

I think that now that the new year has passed, some people who made resolutions are dropping off....that is what always happens in health clubs too.

It isn't a resolution, it is a way of life...eat less, move more, make better choices, when you fail don't give up....etc.

Ok, so I am back on track this morning. Good luck everyone!!!!!!!!

megsa
02-20-2006, 07:16 AM
Leslie - nice to see you again. I notice in myself that it gets harder to do the things that you're supposed to do after a month or so! Hate that! But is happens so we've just got to deal and build a bridge (get over it) and carry on. I'm trying SBD to see if it works for me. Have been doing WW, but may not be eating quite enough protein and getting way too much biscuits and crap instead :o

Wendy - maybe we (well...you) should post on the home page again? If we keep doing that we may get more lost soles?

dgpebbles
02-20-2006, 07:52 AM
morning ladies..Thanks for the welcome...well I weighed in today and I'm down 1.8lbs which puts me at 180.2...I was really hoping to get in the 170's today but oh well maybe next week....I do have a bad habit of weighing every day but I count Monday as my official day...

Hope everyone has a great day and good luck to those of you who weigh-in today....It's off to work for me and I hope I don't have to work over today..

Wide in Winnipeg
02-20-2006, 11:52 AM
Morning all!

Hi Meg! I have posted for newbies already and so far have really had no responce:( I'll try again! I think we could all use some of that will power dust!! I know I will need it! I am going to try and lose 3-5lbs THIS WEEK alone,that means a ton of exercise:D and I hate exercise:(

Hi Leslie! How are you doing??Are you still DYPing???I'm happy you are back on track!Great to hear from you!

Hi Donna! Don't work to hard today!

Hi Sweet Pea! Good morning to you!!
~Wendy~

Wide in Winnipeg
02-20-2006, 05:52 PM
WHEW!!!! I just worked out for 1 hour and 25mins.!!! I'm beat and need a shower:D My poor little muscles are weak:dizzy: :p But feelin' good! I feel the burn,I feel the burn!!:D
What are you all doing??

susie_sunshine
02-20-2006, 05:52 PM
ok, so I did it this morning- I got up before school and had a 20 minute run.... It felt really good and I had a ton of energy all day. I really should be doing this every day! Unfortunately i'm coming down with a wicked sore throat..... it's my turn my boys have all been really sick inthe past few weeks. I was hoping i'd get lucky...I guess not....ug

susie_sunshine
02-20-2006, 05:54 PM
way to go Wendy. I'm sitting here munching on veggies and hummus! Waiting for dinner to cook! I have art class tonight. That's about it for me!

sweet_pea
02-20-2006, 08:01 PM
i had the absolute worst night sleep i have had for about a mth. i took klonopin before bed as it often helps me sleep but it was a disaster. i woke every hour or 2 and i had just the most horrid nightmare. couldn't even speak after as my throat was so sore and "closed" so i turned on the light and left the room door open as i felt at threat. i am still tired

i am also having ongoing headaches

i have to be really careful. i have stopped the effexor as a test as i was sleeping all the time and i thought it might be causing the headaches. they are very mild but they also make me feel spaced out. i nearly had 2 accidents yday driving as i wasn't able to concentrate. also they make me head feel sort of heavy and it's like i sometimes get when i am super super tired but still trying to concentrate. esp if it's concentrating on a computer screen. it was like my head was swimming. nausea is listed as a side effect of the pills but it's not full on nausea. doc said don't worry side effects aren't so bad. but i hate them! it's sort of like i am light headed all the time

On the plus side I have lost 2kn = 4.4lb I guess because I started walking again and I haven’t had any binges lately. That is a miracle!!!

wendy well done on the exercise wowee

susie - what sort of art are you studying? i would love to learn how to draw and do cartoons

donna well done on weight loss. it feels good doesn't it

hey there meg and leslie :wave:

leslie i think you're right about people dropping off. i have been on other diet sites and people drop out all the time. very few people stick with the lifestyle changes

Wide in Winnipeg
02-20-2006, 09:17 PM
I'm cutting out of here early tonight to spend some quality time with Ryan!

Hi Sweet Pea! Good job on the 4.4lbs!!!:hug:
Hope all is well with everyone!
G'night,
Wendy;)

dgpebbles
02-20-2006, 10:23 PM
long day foe me...I just got home.

Wendy - 1 hour and 25 mins...good job

Susie- good job on your run...it really feels great when you can workout first thing in the morning....Hope you feel better soon...I was sick all week and it started out with a sore throat and then I lost my voice...What kind of art class are you taking? My daughter has been taking art for 3 years....she really likes charcoal and chalk and oil pastels...

Sweet - congrats on the 4.4lbs..thats awesome..Hope your headaches go away

sweet_pea
02-21-2006, 01:48 AM
thanks everyone

i am struggling with side effects from meds so not much happening here. will do a bit of tidying

altho some excitement today. had a new garage door installed that i don't have to wrestle with. it will make life a lot easier hooray!

megsa
02-21-2006, 04:29 AM
Sweet - lots of :grouphug: coming your way. Glad that today seems to be going better. I think that half of your loss flew through the air and landed on me!! It's amazing how quickly the weight comes off when you haven't been exercising for a while!

Wendy - big ups on doing so much exercise!!:cb: I've been back on the stepper for two nights now and I do feel better. Even my dodgy knee seems to be coping with the 45min stepping!

Have got some work to do at the moment, but my PE has gone out to meetings, so he isn't here to torture anymore :( . My mom tells me not to torture him, but it makes my day so much more entertaining!!:devil:

I'm on day 2 of SBD and coping ok. I'm not a great fruit fan, so cutting that out isn't too much of a hardship. I do find that I'm going through my water a bit faster, and have a slight headache, but no other probs.

I suppose it's time to get back to work again.

Good morning

sweet_pea
02-21-2006, 04:37 AM
thanks meg. i have started a different pill and the dizziness seems to be subsiding. i'll be glad when this is sorted out that's for sure. i feel a bit hungry now but it's after 10.30pm and it would be a big mistake to have anything to eat right now

who or what is your PE???

i thought about SBD but it's too strict for me i really struggle. and of course i adore fruit esp bananas so it would be a huge change for me. today i had a relatively balanced day of eating but i felt too dizzy and yucky to exercise. plus i was catching up on sleep!

megsa
02-21-2006, 05:58 AM
PE- my Pet Engineer. The one I predominantly work for. He isn't really my boss, just an engineer! We only have one boss - the big one and a few policemen!!

I don't know if I'll lose any more weight on SBD, but it's also about the heart aspect. My dad died from a heart attack and my mom has already had a stent put in. I don't seem to have the familial cholesterol (a huge thing in this country - comes from the Dutch) so that doesn't seem to be an issue. I love veggies, so giving up carrots and butternut for two weeks may be a problem, but I'll gorge on all the others allowed!

I get low blood pressure sometimes and really hate the dizzyness that goes with it and can understand that it makes you feel yucky.

I'm now ready for lunch and have a new mag.

Sleep tight!

colaz
02-21-2006, 10:17 AM
Hey ladies! Long time no see! I hope I'm back now though...at least on and off. I decided to try to start doing some of the stuff that I used to. Not sure if Wendy said anything to you, but something happened awhile ago that I am trying to work though. Thought some of my regular routine back would help.

So far this morning I'm doing ok! Sometime this morning I'm going to the elementary school for a clinical. I have a meeting from 2:30-3:00, and my evening is shot (a concert, Student Senate, and a worship gathering group), but other than that I have a pretty easy day.

I'm still at 160 lbs. I started working out and such a few days ago, so I worked out lastnight and am planning on doing so again sometime today. So far today I had a bagel and I'm working on some coffee (I have now been limited to only one cup a day lol).

Ok, I'll be off and on maybe today.

hellokittyfan
02-21-2006, 11:48 AM
Hi guys,

I guess I've been MIA for awhile.

I've been doing pretty well. I was down 7.7 pounds total, but after I weighed in on Saturday, I gained 0.4 pounds, so total loss is now 7.3 pounds.

I'm still working out alot and last week I had a big Valentine's Day dinner, so now I need to get back into it and eat well!!

Hope all are doing well.

Take care.

Lisa :)

Wide in Winnipeg
02-21-2006, 01:02 PM
Hello! Just thought I'd check in quickly,I gotta run to the bank and such! GREAT to see Tess and LIsa back!!
I'll write more later!

Hi Megsa and Sweet Pea!

Hi Donna!
Hi Susie!!

Gotta go.........

tubbyteacher
02-21-2006, 01:26 PM
:D

bigbootie
02-21-2006, 02:34 PM
Hi Everybody,

Just wanted to let you all know I am surviving school vacation week. How is everybody doing today??? Weighed myself last night a little disappointed that I only lost a pound. I am hittin the gym everyday this week!!!! Glad to see more people coming around it makes me feel not so alone in this journey. Well gotta run the kids want a snack.

Talk to you all soon.

Aila

sweet_pea
02-21-2006, 05:24 PM
today i have to spend some time researching both the AD and deciding which one i want to stick with long term. i feel like crap and am not happy about it

on top of that i have to work out which of my goals to pursue in the near future. i have deadliens for some of them. there is a sppech comp i want to enter but it's only 1 week away and right now i am not up to creating the speech. but it's an annual comp i don't want to wait a whole year! last year i got to the national finals but i couldn't go as i wasn't up to travelling (3 flights ea way) and then comin back to sit my final exam.

there are also other things that i want to do. and i really hate letting opportunities go by

i am still feeling a bit drowsy and headachy. what i wouldn't give for a decent night's sleep. last nights was complicated by the fact that one of my dogs was barking. and i found it difficult to relax and go to sleep. woke several times

not sure what is up with my system. i also have slight diarrhoea which has been ongoing for a few days. not sure if it is an anxious thing because of what has been happening or some sort of bug. i hven't been eating any trigger foods to my knowledge so it is strange

aila ~ don't be disappointed every pound lost is cause for celebration. plus weight lost slowly is more likely to stay off than rapid weight loss

hey lisa - fantastic weight loss :D

tessa - wonderful to see you back. nope wendy would never disclose any of your personal stuff without your permission. but feel free to discuss it here if that will make you feel better ;) just glad to see you here again and being part of our support network

we all go thru difficult times. i am going thru a bad time now with my meds and my mental health - sleep, moods, anxiety and agitation. i don't really have a solution so not sure what to do

meg - most people do lose weight on SBD and i think fiving up the high GI foods like butternut will probably help. do you know what causes the low blood pressure. is there something you are meant to do for it???

susie_sunshine
02-21-2006, 07:08 PM
I am taking a general art class. It's a high school credit in my school division for students and they take adults if there is space. I'm on my third time around in the class (no dunce cap here) I just realy enjoy the night out and it's a great deal for all the art supplies you get. We just finished a session on acrylics and are now working on oil pastels. Oil pastels are one of my favorites too!

dgpebbles
02-21-2006, 09:45 PM
sorry everyone but it's been a long day..I just got home and I'm really tired...I going to bed now..I will talk at you all tomorrow.. I will be off and can chat more

Wide in Winnipeg
02-21-2006, 10:19 PM
Hi girls!

Welcome to tubbyteacher!!:welcome2:

Aila~ 1 pound is great!Better to lose slowly,it stays off that way!:D

Sweet Pea~I really hope you can find the right meds!These ones you are on seem to be draining you of all energy and thats not a good thing!

Susie~good for you getting out and doing something you love!! For me it's dancing,just feel like a different person when I dance...kind of free..!!!!:D

Hi Donna~ I know how you feel tonight!I've had a busy day and I have a massive headache to boot!:(

Off to bed soon! I'll chat with you all tomorrow!
Wendy

megsa
02-22-2006, 01:34 AM
Tessa - Really nice to see you again. Have been wondering where you were.:hug:

Sweet - the bugger with GI is that you also get GL (Glycemic Load)! This takes the fibre of the food into account. It means that carrots, that are high GI are actually low GL!! :?: I think my problem is that I just read too much!! I'll try and do without those two for this week and see if I lose any weight. I'm not hungry, but am battling a bit with what to eat! My mom and I eat very little red meat and I can only eat so much tuna:barf: Sorry to hear that you're still not feeling well. Try to get hold of a book called 'The Optimum Nutrition Bible' by Patrick Holford. It makes for very interesting reading and it did help me to get rid of my migraines. He advocates eating almost vegan and taking lots of vits, that you work out from questionaires.

Susie - wish I could draw and paint. I did it at school, but wasn't very good. My dad started painting after he had a stroke and painted some really pretty pictures. My mom is now thinking about doing it now that we've moved and are so much closer to things.

sweet_pea
02-22-2006, 03:06 AM
meg. the GL isn't quite what you described. it's not about fibre it's about the quantity that constitutes a serving.

The glycemic load (GL) is a relatively new way to assess the impact of carbohydrate consumption that takes the glycemic index into account, but gives a fuller picture than does glycemic index alone. A GI value tells you only how rapidly a particular carbohydrate turns into sugar. It doesn't tell you how much of that carbohydrate is in a serving of a particular food. You need to know both things to understand a food's effect on blood sugar. That is where glycemic load comes in. The carbohydrate in watermelon, for example, has a high GI. But there isn't a lot of it, so watermelon's glycemic load is relatively low. A GL of 20 or more is high, a GL of 11 to 19 inclusive is medium, and a GL of 10 or less is low.

sweet_pea
02-22-2006, 03:10 AM
ps i had a look and we don't have that book at our library. what a shame. i'd love to know what helps with sleep

some books suggest honey helps with sleep but i haven't tried it as sugar is too addictive for me. having sugar at night would just send me into mega cravings at the worst poss time of the day ;)

megsa
02-22-2006, 05:31 AM
When I was overseas (London) I took a supplement called 5htp. It is the pre-cursor to serotonin. I took it with a multi-vit as well and it got me through many rough nights. You sleep really deeply but don't wake up feeling drugged or dopey. You could try the warm milk before bed as well. That has trytophan in I think.

Question - What is yellow squash? We have things that we call patty pans here that are yellow. They are round with scalloped edges. Also summer squash?

bigbootie
02-22-2006, 10:51 AM
Hello Everyone,

Just joined weight watchers online. I tried the counting calories thing but it just isnt working for me. Hopefully WW will give me a little more guideance as to what I should and should not be eating. Anyways glad to see everyone seems to be doing well. I think I am going to set some mini goals for myself today.

Mini Goal- Loose 16 lbs by April 20th!!!

How is everybody else doing today??? Hope all is well with everyone. HAve a good day and talk to you all later.

Aila:carrot:

colaz
02-22-2006, 01:52 PM
I did well yesterday, worked out for an hour (half hour on the elipical and 20 minutues on stairstepper) and ate good and small meals all day.

Yesterday I had a bad breakdown though. First one sense I got back. I yelled at a friend, and then had a bad anxiety attack. My eyes and head still kind of hurts. I ended up taking an anxiety pill. So, was pretty loopy

So far today I ate a good breakfast...good lunch. I'm going to work out at 3:30-5. Supper at 5, and then nothing for the rest of the night. I had a clinical this morning at the elementary. I'm at class (right now actually, during break) until 3:00.

I've got to go. I'll be back

Wide in Winnipeg
02-22-2006, 03:35 PM
Hi All!

Bigbootie~ Your kiddies are sooo cute!!!:D Good Luck on your mini goal! You can do it!!! Whoohoo!!

Tessa~ I know you are going through a hard time love,I will pray for a healthy future for you:) Good job on the exercise! Glad you seem to be back on track,but take your time adjusting to everything ok?E-mail me if you want to chat,I'm always around...:)

Hi Meg and Susie!
And Sweet Pea of course!!

Love ya's all!
~W~

hellokittyfan
02-22-2006, 03:44 PM
Hi guys,

Thanks for the warm welcome backs! I'm doing pretty well.

Aila - good luck on WW. I'm doing the program too and doing pretty well so far. You can do it!!

Not feeling too well, but other than that I'm doing fine. I did my spinning class yesterday and today. I'll see how I feel tomorrow as to whether I do it or not. I feel like going home and sleeping.

Take care.

Lisa :carrot:

Wide in Winnipeg
02-22-2006, 03:47 PM
Oh Lisa!! I forgot you!!!:o :( Please forgive me:^: I'm not all here today:dizzy: My ex is being a jerk and I'm having a moment....

hellokittyfan
02-22-2006, 04:08 PM
No problem. I don't feel forgotten, just sick.

Good luck with the ex. :hug:

Lisa

sweet_pea
02-22-2006, 04:26 PM
good morning it's lovely and sunny and despite not much sleep i am feeling ok (*so far). i plan to go for a walk. i am looking up the location of a park i may go to...

meg squash is a vegetable. closest thing i can think of is pumpkin. i can't take 5htp as i am on antidepressants and you're not meant to mix them

tessa - well done on the diet and exercise. the anxiety is hard to manage. i'm reading a book called the EQ edge which helps restructure my thinking. have you read THE ANXIETY AND PHOBIA WORKBOOK by Edmund Bourne. it is the best resource i've ever seen. lots of little exercises to do and tips to help handle anxiety etcc

bigbootie good luck with your goal

dgpebbles
02-22-2006, 05:10 PM
hello everyone...Well i'm feeling better today..Think I'm finally kicking the bug away...I finally got to do some exercise..I rode my stationary bike for 55 mins...I've been enjoying my day off just relaxing...I need it..lol

Aila - good luck on your goal for april..I know you can do it..I also have a goal by april 1st..I still have 10lbs to go..

Sweet - glad to hear your feeling ok today...

HI - Wendi, Megsa, Lisa & Susie-hope you all are doing great

susie_sunshine
02-22-2006, 06:46 PM
Hello everyone! I hope you all had a great day! Mine was good! It was early dismissal today! No students after 2:00! This week has totally flown and I have only exercised twice.....So today when I get back from driving my little man to cubs i'm gonna do some tae bo! (my two year old is driving me nuts cause he's sick and i feel I have to hit something!) I haven't been able to get to my two last ww weigh-ins and i'm thinking it's time to give up. My schedule is insane and I was kidding myself that i'd be able to committ to a weekly meeting. Sooooooooooo i'm going to join the ranks of people doing this at home. I think i've done pretty well so far and feel pretty confident about my eating habits! Just have to squeak some more workouts in there!

Wendy, I feel for you with the whole ex thing! I have one of those and it took putting him in jail a few times to get him off my back! Knock on wood, he's left me alone for quite a while now and since they've begun garnishing his wages i'm actually getting some child support!

bye for now

Wide in Winnipeg
02-22-2006, 09:11 PM
Hi Susie! My ex is such a monster! Any way to put him in jail would be a blessing for me.and I have to tell you jail would be to good of a place for the likes of him!!We have been seperated for almost 15 months and I have yet to see any $$$ to support Ryan!Not that $$$ it is a major issue,but there are alot of other things that are a concern for the protection of my boy!
Someday I hope to be able to go out without having to look over my shoulder!!

susie_sunshine
02-22-2006, 09:19 PM
i hear ya- I took up karate so I could beat him up if i needed to! and sorry to tell you this but it took YEARS before I saw any regular child support! I have learned not to count on it regularly because if they change jobs you have to start the process all over again! The Maintenance Enforcement department takes better care of dead beat dads than moms with kids... sad but true!

megsa
02-23-2006, 03:36 AM
Not much happening today. Have had work and that took about an hour and I'm now surfing and reading - I can multitask:D Will be very glad when this week is over - it seems like it has already been 10 days long! Day 4 of Phase 1 and it's going ok. We eat quite simply and I've been cutting down on starch lately anyway. Did get back on my stationary bike last night but only did about 30 min.:o The repairman hadn't tightened some things and they bugged me. Will give it a better go tonight.

Sweet - glad you feeling better.

bigbootie
02-23-2006, 08:56 AM
Thank you everyone for your support !!! I really need it. I think this WW online is going to work well for me, I like Susie did not feel like I could commit to a weekly meeting. Much easier to do from home!!!

Wendy, what can I say but MEN SUCK!! :devil: Your son is really cute too, he looks alot like you.

Hittin the gym again today. Its kinda funny I just found out that my sister in law is on a diet, and it made me want to work out even more. I do not want her looking better than me!!! I guess its kinda silly!!! Oh well.

I hope everyone has a happy and healthy day.

Aila

sweet_pea
02-23-2006, 12:34 PM
hi everyone

another crappy night's sleep. only about 3 hrs so i will probably nap during the day.

hope everyone has a good day and lots of positive thoughts

hellokittyfan
02-23-2006, 02:16 PM
Hi guys,

Just checking in very quickly. I'm so busy here at work.

I'm doing pretty well, still not feeling 100%, but hanging in there.

I did spinning class again today and I'm feeling a bit tired. But hey, at least I did it!!!

Take care.

Wide in Winnipeg
02-23-2006, 02:20 PM
Hi ALL!!!!!! Well,I snuck onto the scale today!!!!!! I'm not telling the results till Monday...that's my weigh in day!

Isn't it funny how you feel motivated when you know someone else is dieting!! Like for me I have a girlfriend that is TRYING to lose weight,(but she doesn't think she has to change her eating habits)and I feel compelled to compeat with her anyway!Of course I support her and try and help as far as new recipies and such but she won't listen to me! She thinks that she can go out and have a few drinks and a pound of chicken wings once or twice a week and still manage to lose weight!NOT!!! Might work for some people but not for her!or me for that matter! I have to live on fruit and yogert! LOL!!!
Well,I'm going to jump on the bike for awhile...
Catch ya later!

Wide in Winnipeg
02-24-2006, 12:22 AM
Pretty quiet around here today! Guess we are all busy! Hopefully getting some exercise in!!! G'night!

megsa
02-24-2006, 01:20 AM
Hey Wendy - may be night for you but it's morning for me:D I managed to get on my bike last night. I only did 35min as I had to take a bit of time in the middle and fix the handlebars!

I actually had work for most of the day yesterday but am really glad that today is Friday:dancer: It feels like this week has been 10 days long! I've even been sticking to SBD with only minor mistakes - had a vienna sausage yesterday :o and also some baby corn. Must say that I'm getting a bit tired of all the protein, but will stick it out for the next nine days. I think that after that I'll go back to counting points so that I don't eat too much

Sweet - sorry to hear about the bad night. I remember how touchy and p*ssed off I was in London when I'd had a bad night. I'm really not a nice person usually, but after a bad night my sarcasm reaches new heights:devil:

Lisa - glad you feeling better and wow on still going to spinning class:bravo:

Okay, more work has arrived so that will keep me busy for about 3 min and coffee is calling after :coffee:

Meg

bigbootie
02-24-2006, 07:41 AM
Goodmorning ladies,

I am a bit frustrated this morning. I did not own a scale so I have been using the one at the gym. I decided to buy one last night and the it's reading 183!! The one at the gym was 181!! A 2lb difference. I decided to go with the weight on my own scale because that is the one I will be using. It just stinks that 2lbs I thought I lost I didn't. Oh well. Keep on going, keep on going..... Well going to have a busy day so, I wont be around again until tomorrow. Hope everyone has a good day.

Aila

Wide in Winnipeg
02-24-2006, 11:45 AM
Hi All! Aila,2 pound difference is nothing!! At the doctors office there is a 7 pound difference between his scale and mine!:?:

That SBD thing sounds real hard to stick to Megsa! Don't think I could do it ! Bravo!!!

How are you today Sweet Pea??Hope you got some sleep!

Better get my butt in gear,alot to do today!:D

hellokittyfan
02-24-2006, 12:10 PM
Hi guys,

Thanks Meg for the words of encouragement about spinning. Next week my goal is 4 times!!!! ;) I hope I can do it!!

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.

Take care.

Lisa :carrot: :carrot:

dgpebbles
02-24-2006, 01:34 PM
Morning everyone

wendi your scale must have been good to you today, you sound excited...can't wait till monday to see how it turns out for you.:D

Sweet - sorry to hear your still having problems sleeping:( ...hope you find a cure fast...your going to wear yourself out..

Lisa - great job on the spinning classes.:carrot:

Meg - way to go on sticking to your diet...I tried atkins once and it was really hard...I don't like meat or eggs that much...your doing good just keep with it:cool:

hope everyone has a great day..I'm off tho work in a few 2-10 today:devil:

sweet_pea
02-25-2006, 03:42 AM
hi all just popping in quickly before bed

went out today to the wine and food festival and danced to the band there. so that was good

still getting some dizziness but doesn't seem so bad. nice to have sunny weather. very cheery! catch you tmrw

Wide in Winnipeg
02-25-2006, 02:28 PM
Hi Ladies! Busy today but I thought I'd check in,have a great day!:hug:

susie_sunshine
02-25-2006, 05:26 PM
Well I broke down and went to my ww meeting thins morning since I had to drive into the city to go to Safeway anyway and my little one needed a haircut. I was down 5 lbs from last time (which was three weeks ago) Not too bad since i really haven't been exercising!..

Well I'm off to make bread and finish cleaning my house. I'm having my familly over tomorrow for supper!

bye for now!

Mommy'sLosing
02-25-2006, 09:48 PM
Hello ladies! Well, I decided to check out your thread, knowing that you need a few new members. I have lost 26lbs since june and want to lose another 35lbs (to hit the 200lb mark) by the end of this year. I have 3 small children who are all the motivation I need to get the job done! I look forward to meeting you all and helping to keep the gang motivated as we lose those pounds together.

Cheers!
Cheryl

(looks like I need to work on a new signature since the board changed around)

sweet_pea
02-25-2006, 11:16 PM
:welcome3: cheryl

you've done really well with your weight loss. i've lost some but then i go mad and binge and it just jumps straight back on my hips grrr. right now finding it hard to eat properly the last couple of days but am doing my walking so that's something lol

Wide in Winnipeg
02-26-2006, 01:39 AM
Hey all! I'm off to bed so I thought I'd check in quick! Been real busy today so I haven't been around:(
Hi Cheryl!Welcome!!!:hug:
I'm going out for brunch tomorrow and I plan on being BAD!!:o I AM going to eat whatever I want tomorrow and NOT worry about cals.!!
Then Monday it will be back to the same old,same old!:)
Have a good day to some of you and a good sleep to the others:D
Ciao!
W.

Wide in Winnipeg
02-26-2006, 10:56 AM
:D Morning!

Mommy'sLosing
02-26-2006, 01:35 PM
Thanks for the welcome ladies! Mmmmm...brunch sounds yummy! What I find lately is that some of the foods that I used to love just don't appeal to me anymore. I have gall bladder problems and I know that I have to stay away from certain foods if I don't want to have an attack.

Enjoy your sunday!

Wide in Winnipeg
02-26-2006, 02:42 PM
Well I ended up being a good girl!!! Ryan at all my sausages(4) so I had 1 egg and a piece of toast and coffee of course! Pretty good eater my boy! I think I better find me a millionaire to marry so I can afford to feed Ryan whan he is older! With his appetite I'm getting worried!:D
I'm taking the day off from exercise....I think.....maybe not:) I AM going to have a nap today though and go from there!
Catch ya later!
W.

Wide in Winnipeg
02-27-2006, 12:30 AM
Nighty night!:p

megsa
02-27-2006, 01:19 AM
Cheryl - Welcome and congrats on your weightloss! I generally manage to lose about 400g (1lb) a week if I'm lucky, so I'll be at this for a long time to come.

Wendy - I've found this SBD thing remarkably easy. :eek: I'm not a major fruit eater, so cutting them out isn't too hard. I'm not too keen on eggs either so have been eating lots of yoghurt and cheese! I do miss my carrots and butternut, but I've only got another week to go and I should be able to hang in there. It has actually gone so much better than WW! :?: The major thing is that I've lost 1.7kg this week (about 3lbs) which is HUGE for me!!

I made some white bean muffins on sat and they are surprisingly good and don't go stale like others do!

Dgpebbles - My exercise bike got fixed last week but I've only been on it twice since then:o Last night 30min nearly killed me, so I'll be trying harder this week!

Sweet - Hope your well.

Must go and work now to actually earn the salary that will be paid tomorrow. We have a public holiday on Wed for our local elections, so won't be in then.

mwah

sweet_pea
02-27-2006, 02:01 AM
well done on weight loss meg!!

I heard today from the salsa dance instructor. She is starting new classes in 2 weeks time. she must be ambitious – she has 3 different classes starting on different days. I told her I’d done salsa but she reckoned there are different types of salsa and I wouldn’t have learned proper latin salsa. Who knows? So anyway I look forward to starting that

Did obedience class tonight with my dog. I want her to learn to walk better on a lead but also to be more confident with strange dogs. Off now to cook steak for dinner. Night all

bigbootie
02-27-2006, 08:18 AM
Hello Everyone,

Welcome Cheryl!!! Today is my weigh in day and I lost another 3lbs!!! :jig: WOOOOOHOOOOO!!! I am so so stinkin happy!!! I love dancing but have never danced the salsa. I would love to learn how. I think the salsa is such a sexy dance. I dont have any family around here so that means we hardly ever have a sitter for the kids. So it is hard to be able to go out and dance, or do anything that isn't child friendly. Good job on not pigging out out at brunch Wendy that is awsome!!! I am not ready to be able to do that yet. If I went my diet would have been out the window. My son is a huge eater to. I am wondering how I am going to be able to keep food in the house once he gets a little older. :smug: Well I hope everyone is doing well and I will talk to you all later.

Aila

hellokittyfan
02-27-2006, 10:26 AM
Happy Monday! LOL!

I hope everyone is well. I'm doing great, have a pretty bad cold, but other than that, I'm fine.

I went away with my BF this weekend to a spa and had a wonderful time. It was so hard to come into work today, believe me.

I have no idea what my weight is, I'm going to weigh in next Saturday. I hope I do well this week!!

Take care.

Wide in Winnipeg
02-27-2006, 03:01 PM
Hello! Hello!!! Wow! I am so happy for you guys!!!
(I also lost 3lbs!!)

Hey Sweet Pea! We have what we call a liesure guide that come out with the paper quarterly and they have all sorts of activities from pottery to car maitenence and everything in between! Would you believe I am thinking of taking a salsa class too! Thank goodness there is one that doesn't need partners! I have to check out the prices but I'm really interested!:cool:

Lisa~ you got your boyfriend to go to the spa with you?! Wow, must be a good man!:D
Gotta go get some work done...c ya!

susie_sunshine
02-27-2006, 06:08 PM
I love latin dancing. I used to date a spanish guy (100 years ago) and the dancing made up for the fact he was a jerk! he he eh

Good job on the breakfast Wendy! I have two boys 2 and 10 and they seem to take turns being huge eaters! food just flies out of my house it's really amazing!

Wendy was today your weigh-in day? how did that go?

Wide in Winnipeg
02-27-2006, 06:26 PM
Hi Susie! I lost 3 lbs and 2 inches!:D So far so good!

So me thinks we should start AFGF #16 tomorrow!! Wow! How exciting!! I'll get around to that later tonight.We are getting pretty full here!

Dinner time! Homemade chicken soup YUM!!

sweet_pea
02-27-2006, 08:24 PM
I forgot all about weigh in and it is t.o.m. so it's probably all distorted anyway.
congrats bigbootie and wendy on the weight loss :)

I checked out the distance I am walking. The most I have done is 2.8km which is exactly half of the walk I will be doing this weekend so I hope I can make it. I put myname down for a "fun" walk. If I find someone to walk with that will make it easier. Walking on your own can be discouraging. The other thing is I have to be there at 8am. I’m rarely compos mentis (or even awake) at that hour of the day so that will be a big challenge! Have to get up early have breakfast and go down there. Might even be earlier than that as we have to catch a bus to the starting point. Holy cow. I better start looking after myself, not just my exercise but early nights and better eating so I am in better shape to cope with this.

susie - i think a man who can dance is really sexy ;) i'd love a guy to dance with regularly. The salsa should be fun. I will be crossing my fingers there are lots of men there. Often there are more women and so we have to take turns to dance and stand out some of the time which is boring!

Lisa i'm thinking a spa sounds like a fine idea. tmrw i am going for a facial - it will be lovely!!!

dgpebbles
02-27-2006, 10:44 PM
Congrats Wendy and Bigbootie on your losses...Well I was only down .8lb but I think I'm retianing fluid and I've been working out with weights some this week...

Salsa dancing sounds like fun...I love to watch it

Wide in Winnipeg
02-28-2006, 12:24 AM
#16 is up and running!! See ya there!
W.

bigbootie
02-28-2006, 02:05 PM
Hello everyone,

Wendy what is # 16??? Just checkin in. Gotta run, not having a very good day I have not been feeling well. Will check back in later.

Aila

Wide in Winnipeg
02-28-2006, 09:39 PM
Hi Aila!! We have a new fresh thread called A few Good Friends`#16 come and meet us there!
W.