Support Groups - 30 Something to Lose 30 Something February

stagemomx3
02-01-2006, 08:59 AM
http://www.smilieland.com/graphics4/BBAFebruary.gif

This is a group of us 30 somethings who have 30 something or more pounds we are trying to lose. Join us in this weightloss/healthy lifestyle journey and share your triumphs and struggles. We will support, and encourage each other as we work on food and fitness choices and generally make our way down this lifestyle path.

sag123
02-01-2006, 09:25 AM
I want to join! Count me in. I have lost 7 pounds and have more to go. I'd like to lose 60 total.
Here's my background. My name is Sonya. I have 2 kids --a daughter almost 4 and a 16 month old son who might be autistic. Yes, I am a wreck about it!
I am a special ed teacher (how' that for ironic) and I have been married for 8 years.
As for diet--just watching what I eat. I have a problem not getting cappucinos in the morning. If I could cut them out I am sure I would be doing better. Exercise--non existent right now.
Can't wait to know you all

OBsMama
02-01-2006, 12:20 PM
:welcome: Sag

We have been going at this for around 2 months now and have had people come and go and we need some more revitalizing energy. 7 pounds is great and 60 doable. I hope we can help and support you on your journey.

I am having a great week so far and really feel on plan and energized. I hope my scale feels the same on Friday. Please let me be in the 170s this week.

Did I show you gals this:
http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/

It is a map that you use to track the mileage that you walk. I am a big walker and often just wander but never really know how far I have gone. Using this I think I am going to keep track of how many miles I walk (for excersize) in February. Check it out!

Sunday: :cb:+ 1 hour walk withthe glas
Monday: :cb: walk to work plus stairs,
Tuesday: :( couldn't motivate myself to NordicTrack,
Wednesday: :cb: walk to wok plus stairs

February Miles:tread: 1.58

Amanda

Silverfern
02-01-2006, 08:58 PM
Could I join too?. I joined this board about 3 weeks ago but haven't been able to really keep up with a group yet (except checking in at WW at home now and then) as it's school holidays at the moment. The kids go back in 5 MORE DAYS (can you tell I'm excited, lol) so will have more time to post regularly.

I'm Tanya, am 36, have been together with DH for 13 odd years and have 4 boys aged 12, 10, 6 and 3. I work part-time from home. I started doing WW from home at the same time I joined this board and have lost just over 8lbs (3.8kg) so far with about 35.5lbs (16.2kg) to go. My goal is to get slim, fit and healthy for life this year. I surpassed my January exercise goal of 1000 minutes and have made a goal of 1100 minutes for February. My main exercise at the moment is walking. I love this board - the support here is awesome. I look forward to getting to know you all.

Amanda ~ the GMap is awesome. I even found NZ on it - although the tracker isn't available. Good luck with reaching the 170s this week.

Sonya ~ Good luck with achieving your goal. I can imagine how overwhelmed you must feel with the possibility of autism, your son is fortunate to have a Mum who's experienced with special needs. A friend is going through the same thing with her 3 yo boy and it's been pretty tough for her and a steep learning curve. He's thriving with the programmes and therapies they have put in place for him.

Hi Michelle.

chellefox
02-02-2006, 12:34 AM
Hi all!!! I am finally back at work and better able to keep up with the postings now!

Amanda- that gmap thing is cool!!! I am trying to get that 10,000 step idea into my life and that would be a very cool way to track it! Thanks so much for posting it!

To the new ladies- welcome aboard! My name is Michelle but I go by Chelle so as not to confuse everyone :dizzy: I have a 6 yr old son and have been married to my dh for 9.5 yrs, though together for 15. I have about 75 lbs I want to lose but so far have been slow to start thanks to medical issues. Hopefully that is all behind me and I can get on with exercising!:carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

I am wondering if anyone here has had a c-section... I think that I hate my stomach most of all because it looks so fat after having the c-section done. Anyone else with this issue?

well, I must get back to work!!

Silverfern
02-02-2006, 03:29 AM
Hi Chelle ~ I hear you on the c-section tummy. I had one with my first son and when I did manage to lose a lot of weight last time I still had that stupid pouch that hangs over the scar. My nerves are still weird there so when I scratch it feels numb.

I didn't manage to get a walk in today so did Core Secrets after the boys went to bed. I bought it ages ago and have only done it once before. Went straight to the accelerated workout and got a good sweat up although I found some of the exercises tricky because the carpet was so darn slippery, even with shoes on. I tried to do a bit of skipping afterwards but only lasted a couple of minutes. I hate skipping.

backtome
02-02-2006, 05:48 PM
Hi everyone....

Sorry to have been awol lately. We put our house up for sale -- FSBO -- on Sunday, so you can imagine how hectic my life has been. Sadly, we have had only one couple come to look at the house :( The good news is that I have been literally cleaning my hiney off haha! If and when I can figure out how to change my ticker, it will now read 159lbs. Woohoo!

Nancy

OBsMama
02-02-2006, 07:14 PM
Glad you are back Nancy and almost 10 pounds lighter, :cheer: To edit your tracker go into usercp, then edit signature then down to the signature and change the last number to 159.

Welcome Michelle from NZ, sorry you couldn't use the gmap. It is alot of fun. It must only be of the US. I tried London and Paris and it didn't have a map for those places.

I am Amanda, 34 to be 35 next month (gulp). Mother of a very fiesty 13 month old and wife of a truely great guy. I have about 40 to lose and am down by 14. I am just counting calories and excersizing and over thinking everything that goes in me.

Sunday: :cb: + 1 hour walk withthe glas
Tuesday: couldn't motivate myself to NordicTrack,
Wednesday: :cb: walk to wok plus stairs
Thursday: :cb: + :carrot: walked to worked and walked home!!!!!!!!!!!!

:goodscale:weigh in tomorrow and Aunt Flo is in town:(

Silverfern
02-02-2006, 08:32 PM
Nancy ~ Sounds like you're having a stressful time at the moment, WTG on the great loss. Remember, it only takes one couple to buy your house so just because you haven't had volumes of people through doesn't mean it won't sell. We just sold our house and I stressed so much about it but possibly because I don't like our house and I was so worried no one else would want to buy it. It all worked out so well - we didn't have to list with a real estate agent as we sold privately to a friend of a friend who bought it as an investment property so we are able to rent back from him until our new house is built.

Amanda ~ I overthink everything I eat too. I think WW has made me obsessed with food in some respects - making sure I don't eat too much as we don't have the points flexibility that the US does. Good luck for your weigh-in tomorrow. I hate weighing at AF time as I always gain at least a couple of pounds. At least it makes the following week's weigh in seem that much better.

Just had lunch with a friend who went travelling overseas with her DH and kids over the summer break. I'm so jealous -what a time they had. Had a stuffed potato for lunch so not sure how many points to allow. If I say 5 that should cover it?

ves
02-02-2006, 10:42 PM
now was wondering if it is okay to join more than one thread???? im new to this posting thing? seems like alot of nice people on here

katnol60601
02-03-2006, 08:37 AM
Good morning all! I'm so glad it's Friday. I'm doing a project at work that is a little outside my comfort zone and so I can't wait until it's over! :^:

:wave: Welcome to all the new people. I'm Kat. 35 (it's not so bad Amanda) with 2 boys, 3.5 yrs & 11 mos. Dh and I are done having kids (Tanya you are amazing with 4 boys) so there are no more excuses to lose weight. (Well, there are lots of excuses, but I'm trying not to use them anymore. ;) ).

Chelle - I too have a C-section tummy, although I'm an apple shape to begin with so that doesn't help. I'll be interested to see what it looks like after the weight is gone.

Tanya - I like your idea of having a goal to exercise for a certain number of minutes each month. I think I'll give that a try.

Have a great day everyone! :dancer:

OBsMama
02-03-2006, 08:57 AM
:welcome: Ves, join as many threads as you cna keep up with. Find the support you need. There are lots of encouraging people on this site.

Despite AF being in town I am feeling great.

:goodscale: down 1 pound!!!!!!!I am in 170 land!!!!!!
The funny thing was this morning I was bummed because the scale read .5 pounds up. But as I was drying my hair I realized that I weight with wet hair and a wet towel on my head. So, I reweighed and I was down to 179!!!!!That make it official 15 pounds since November!!!!!!!!

Sunday: :cb: + 1 hour walk withthe glas
Tuesday: couldn't motivate myself to NordicTrack,
Wednesday: :cb:walk to work plus stairs
Thursday: :cb: + :carrot: walked to worked and walked home!!!!!!!!!!!!
Friday: :cb: walk to work plus stairs

I am feeling particulary skinny today. It is going to be in the 70s and beautiful here today. Spring is here. I am feeling fabulous.

Ready to start the weekend, my boss is already playing hookey today. I may just join her,
Amanda

backtome
02-03-2006, 11:06 AM
Thanks, obsmama for the ticker advice.....I did manage to fix it!

I am so stressed out trying to sell our house. If only there was more interest! But you are right, Silverfern, it does only take one couple. Congrats by the way for selling your house and being able to rent it till your new home is built. I *know* how relieved you must feel.

I may have lost weight these past two weeks, but my diet has been horrible. Reeses chocolate peanut butter hearts anyone?!:o Sadly, that has been a mainstay of my diet lately, that and Diet Coke. Yikes!! So, I am really going to make it a point to eat healthily from now on. No more candy. (but man, the Valentines aisle at the store is a big temptation for me every time). My excercise hasn't been anything that I could count, it has been deep cleaning. Washing windows, scrubbing the floor on my hands and knees, packing boxes.....had I known that being a neat freak would burn so many calories I might have become one sooner:)

By the way, for those that don't know me..... my name is Nancy, I am 37 and have been married for 14 years this Valentines day. We have 4 children, 3dds 12, 9, 4 and 1 ds age 2. I am a sahm, and we are building a house. And, I should be cleaning right now! lol!!

Have a good weekend everyone,
Nancy

Silverfern
02-03-2006, 03:54 PM
Kat ~ I occasionally wish we'd stopped at 4 boys, lol. The noise can be deafening at times. The exercise goal is definitely working for me, although sometimes I find I'm obsessed and get grumpy if I have to miss a day.

Amanda ~ WTG on making it into the 170s. Congrats on the 15lbs thus far, since November is a great effort!!

Nancy ~ Selling a house on it's own is stressful - building increases that ten-fold. What stage are you at? Our plans are in at the local council and we're waiting for a building permit. Building is phenomonal in our area at the moment so permits are taking 16+ weeks - unlike when we first built here 8 years ago the permit took 3 weeks!! We don't get Reeses here but I was able to try some a while ago - yuk, definitely not my thing, lol. Cleaning/packing is definitely great exercise - it's a whole body workout. Nice to see someone else with 4 kids - some people's reactions to my brood, especially having 4 boys, can be quite entertaining.

It's Saturday morning, so I suppose I should go get dressed and clean up the pigsty. I can't wait to have a bigger house - our current house is too small for 6 people and a home-business. We're bulging at the seams and 1 toilet is a nuisance. Have a great weekend all.

chellefox
02-05-2006, 04:49 AM
OMG Tanya!!! I cannot believe that you don't like Reese's!!!! They are my absolute favorite, well, that and Andes candies. I could live on them! lol

Ok, so since I have been out of the loop, what are the challenges that are going on and what do the :carrot: and :cb: mean?

I will check in tomorrow.

nighty night!!

OBsMama
02-06-2006, 07:46 AM
Sorry, I didn't post this weekend but we were crazy busy. I wish I could figure out how to post a pic because I would show you gals the fantastic dog bed my husband and I made for a charity auction. That is what kept us busy.

Chelle, I am using the :cb: to denote 30 minutes of excersize a day and I am using the :carrot: to denote any extra 30 minutes of excersize for the day.

So for this week:

Sunday: :cb: + :carrot: 1 hour hard walk with the girls.

Where is Michelle? She must be mourning the Seahawks.

Have a great day,
Amanda

chellefox
02-06-2006, 11:21 AM
Man am I glad that the weekend is over!!! My car got impounded while my dh was taking my aunt home. She just had her hand operated on and cannot drive her car yet because it is standard transmission and she cannot change gears. Apparently our registration was expired and instead of just giving him a ticket, they impounded it and left him on the side of the road 10 miles from home. And of course, it was midnight. Can it get any worse??? Why yes it can. The car is under my parents name so one of them have to come to town and get it out of impound and they live 200 miles away. On the plus side, I have to walk everywhere so I will get my :cb: and :carrot: today.

Hope everyone is doing better than I am!!! Talk to you later!

P.S. :cheer: YEAH STEELERS!!!!! :cheer: - sorry Michelle

chellefox
02-06-2006, 08:02 PM
Here are my stats for today:

:cb: and :carrot: It is amazing how much you get done when you walk everywhere!!!lol

I thought that I would put my steps too as my goal is 10,000 a day.

:tread: 6928 pretty good since I didn't decide to wear it until about 10am. I think that I am going to count from midnight to midnight since I work nights. I should easily make my mark today!!! YEAH!!!

Where is everyone else??? Michelle!!!! Come back!!!

ves
02-06-2006, 11:01 PM
FH was happy aboutthe game too

back on track from the weekend i slacked on sunday
but back on the :ebike: again

so where about do you get one of those ticker thingys

Silverfern
02-06-2006, 11:13 PM
Back to normal today - it was the boys' first day back at school. The house seemed oddly quiet somehow just having one at home.

Chelle ~ Your weekend sounds awful. Imagine leaving your DH on the side of the road far from home at midnight!! That's insane. Sorry your parents had to come out to retrieve the car. WTG on the extra walking though, lol.

WTG everyone on the exercise. Keep it up. I feel like I slacked on the weekend (it was a 3-day one for us).

Here's my stats thus far:

Sunday: :cb: :carrot: :carrot: (90 minute walk - in the rain, no less).
Monday: Nothing - unless moving a piano counts.
Tuesday: :cb: :carrot: :carrot: (another 90 minute walk).

My achilles and heel on my left foot have been giving me grief for about 5 weeks. I'm not giving it a break to recover. Think I need to get some gel inserts for my shoes.

Must go and find something to make for dinner.

Silverfern
02-06-2006, 11:16 PM
Oh, Ves ~ to make a ticker go into User CP on the purple strip up top and into Edit Signature. For weight you can make one up on Fat Chicks, or you can make one up at Tickerfactory and paste the url into your signature. Good luck.

OBsMama
02-07-2006, 08:20 AM
Chelle, I hate almost everything to do with cars. We had around 1000.00 in repairs in December, ouch. But a great way to look at it, gaining excersize.

I have been doing really well with food and excersize so this week I hope to be further into the 170s plus Aunt Flo has left town.

Sunday: :cb: + :carrot: Long Mommy only walk
Monday: :cb: walked home from work

Not much else going on here,
Amanda

DawnJohn
02-07-2006, 08:39 AM
Good Morning everyone,

It's so nice to see lots of posts this week. I didn't manage to get online at al this weekend, boy there sure were lots of posts to cacth up on.

Welcome to all the newbies!! Since everyone is introducing themselves here goes. I'm Dawn, 32, married, two kids (DS -4 and DD 17 mths), sahm, self-employed with DH, bookkeeper, office lady to said business, and part-time nursing student.

Haven't got my walk in today yet, I got up early to do it and as soon as my daughter heard the floorboard squeak she was up so I guess now it'll have to wait until her nap. I don't like doing it in the mid aft as I feel like it ruins my whole day!! I skipped mny last workout at Curves last week, feel so guilty, anyways shoulder was feeling better until I went last night. I cannot figure out what is happening everytime I go. Will work through the pai though as I weigh in and get measured next week. That scale had better move!!!!! ;) although Aunt Flo will soon be visiting probably the day they weigh me.

Well back to my Sociology paper thats due Thursday, talk to you all later.

Dawn

DawnJohn
02-08-2006, 07:56 PM
Where is everyone?

Mummy_Tummy
02-09-2006, 05:01 AM
Hi everyone! My name is Tatia (pronounced Tasha) and I live in England with my wonderfully British hubby (tea and marmite, need I say more?:barf: - well, the tea is gorgeous but the marmite, egads, the ultimate diet food because it'll make you hurl!). I am actually from Cincinnati, Ohio but moved to the UK two years ago when hubby and I got married. Someone mentioned a C-section belly and boy, can I relate, hence my user name! My daughter is almost 2 and my tummy is a total mess. It does that little hangy-over-the-scar thing, you know? Plus, DD was 9lbs and 7oz and so she just really stretched my muscles to the max. Because I breastfed for nearly 2 years (she just weaned herself in December), I was having the Depo jab. I really think that's why my weight has plateaued. I know it's not the same for everyone but I'm 35 now and age does some funny things to the metabolism and the body!

I've gotten very serious about losing weight lately. The scale persists in sticking at 12 stone (which is 168lbs as 1 stone= 14 lbs) but I have had several people comment I look like I've lost weight and although I can't see it yet, I can sort of feel it. I've been eating alot of wholegrain such as wholewheat pastas and brown rice, drinking tons of water a day and wlaking. That g-map pedometer is really cool! It does work overseas because I even found our little town on the sea! It says I walk about 2.5 miles a day and burn about 308 calories while doing it. That's just the school walk I do. I didn't count in walks with the dog to the beach or anything.

I've sort of adapted the GI diet along with a low-fat diet for hubby's heart. I try to make sure my dinner plate is 50% a variety of veggies, 25% wholewheat carb and 25% lean protein. My downfall is not sweets. I've not got much of a sweettooth. I just love good, home-cooked (usually fried!) food with cheesy sauces and stuff. I'm doing alright avoiding all that by planning out a grocery list and sticking to it!

Gosh, I've written a book and my daughter is starting to demand my attention. I look forward to getting to know everyone. Have a great day! :D

OBsMama
02-09-2006, 09:09 AM
Sorry, I missed you yesterday Dawn,

I was participating in a PCOS study. I am the normal control. They needed full figure women with normal periods to take a glucose tolerance test. It took over 4 hours. Plus I had to collect all my urine for the past 24 hours. I repeat it in 10 days. I get 400.00 for the study!!!!!

I am feeling great lately, Healthy and happy. I really think I can be on the cusp of the 160s by my birthday, March 13. I do need to crank up the excersize a bit but with spring just around the corner here I think I can do it.

:Welcome: Tatia. Where in England do you live. I have always wanted to live overseas. If I win Lotto( first I need to play), we are headed to Italy.Have you seen the book lose your Mummy Tummy. It does help it get flatter but doesn't do anything for that little roll above the scar. I think it will take cosmetic surgery to get rid of it.

Sunday: :cb: + :carrot: Long Mommy only walk
Monday: :cb: walked home from work
Tuesday: nothing :( seems to be a pattern
Wednesday: :cb: walked to work
Thursday: just walking the stairs at work so far

DawnJohn
02-09-2006, 05:38 PM
Hi everyone,

Amanda - nice to see you back. I wonder what happened to everyone else, the month started off great and now hardly anyone is posting. You're study seems interesting, not too bad for $400, well all except having to collection your urine. I got enough of that when I was pregnant. :) I hope Oliver is feeling better, I know the last few weeks have been hard on him.

Welcome Tatia, what a pretty way to spell Tasha. I just love England, my parents took me there when I was 10, a long time ago. I would love to go back, this time with my husband and kids. My favourite spot was London.

I didn't have a c-section but am stuck with that little pouch that hangs over my lower abdomen. I'm trying hard to lose it but it's so stubborn.

Have been doing really good at exercise this week but my eatings not so great. AF is in town and she's making me crave sweets. I'm trying hard to resist but its hard.

My exercise week looks like this so far...
:cb: = 1 hour treadmill
:strong: = Curves workout
If I can find the time next week I'm going to add another 1/2 walk on treadmill 3 times, not sure if it will happen but you never know.

Monday - :cb: and :strong:
Tues - :cb:
Weds - :cb: and :strong:
Thurs - :cb: and :strong:

Well gotta go make supper, talk to you all tomorrow.

Dawn :dance:

katnol60601
02-10-2006, 04:50 PM
Hi y'all!

Again - sorry I've been MIA. I had a big project at work that I was trying to get out the door. Lots of last minute changes, as per usual, and Monday night I was here until 10:30 pm. :cry: Thankfully, it's finished and I can get back op.

Needless to say, no wl for me lately.

You guys are doing great with the exercise. :cp: If my next week can look half as good - I'll be a happy camper. Thanks for the inspiration!

Amanda - what is this Mummy Tummy book? I have a 20% off coupon for Borders... sounds like the perfect thing to dive into this weekend.

And speaking of - time to go. I hope everyone has a great weekend!
Ciao -

chellefox
02-11-2006, 12:42 PM
Hi All!!! Wecome Tatia!!

Just wanted to check in with you guys and see how things were going! Glad to see that the board is beginning to come back to life. I wonder where Michelle is???

I haven't much time to write today because we have to go clean the baseball fields and then go to a wedding. Let me just say that this year cannot get over fast enough!! First my crappy surgery, then my car and now my "surrogate" father is in the ICU on a vent and we are hoping to get him home so he can die there and not in the hospital. Of course, not looking good at all!! UGHHHHH!!!! enough already!!! Did I mention that I am a stress eater?

Alright, I have to go and get the troops moving! Talk to you ladies later

katnol60601
02-11-2006, 04:02 PM
Chelle - sorry to hear about your surrogate father. Hang in there. :hug: Hopefully this will be the last of the "bad luck travels in 3's" and things will only improve.

I don't have much to report. It's rare that I get some computer time on the weekends so I just wanted to check in. DH and I ran this morning so I've gotten my exercise in for the day. I just found out that some friends of ours are organizing a reunion this summer so now I've got some new motivation to lose weight. Most of the group we haven't seen in 10 years - when I was a solid 30 lbs lighter. I'm vain - I know. ;)

BTW, does anyone have any exciting Valentine's Day plans? My DH and I don't exchange gifts so it'll just be a quiet evening at home for us - after the boys go to bed, that is. But I like to live vicariously through others, if anyone has something more exciting planned. :val2:

Silverfern
02-11-2006, 06:47 PM
Hi there - it's been a busy week.

Exercise update:

Wednesday: :strong: Accelerated Core Secrets
Thursday: :cb: :carrot: :carrot: 90 minute walk
Friday: :cb: :carrot: :carrot: 90 minute walk
Nothing so far this weekend except gardening.

Hi Tatia ~ Welcome - good luck with your weight loss quest. I LOVE marmite, lol.

Dawn ~ WTG on your exercise this week.

Amanda ~ Good score on the $400 for the study. I'd be interested in the results as I have PCOS which was only diagnosed about 18 months ago due to hormonal issues.

Kat ~ Sorry you've been so busy this week - hope next week's a bit quieter for you. No exciting plans for VD here. DH hates the commercialism of it but I don't, mainly because we don't have an anniversary to celebrate. GL with your goal - there's nothing like knowing you're seeing people you haven't seen in a while to spring you into action :p

Chelle ~ Sorry to hear about your surrogate father {{{hugs}}}

Nothing exciting going on here. Tidy and cleaning this morning and we may go for a drive this afternoon. It's a beautiful, hot day so we may go to the river for a swim.

Mummy_Tummy
02-12-2006, 05:10 AM
Hi all! Thanks for the warm welcome!

OBsMama: I live in Southend-on-Sea. It's primarily known for day-trippers who want to come down and spend a day at the seaside. Before I came here, I had never even seen the sea before! I grew up in Cincinnati and the closest I ever came to a great body of water was the Ohio River!:o

How funny that I chose my name and didn't even know there was a book called Mummy Tummy! I'll have to check it out. I'm looking for any and all means of supprt at the moment!

DawnJohn: I love London, too! But my husband was born and raised there and still travels there for work every day so we don't get up there as often as I'd like. He just thinks of it as a dirty, congested city whereas I totally love the museums and the old buildings and such.

Chellefox: It's nice to meet you and I'm so sorry to hear about your surrogate father.

Silverfern: I thought people in NZ ate Vegemite?:D My husband and step-son love Marmite, too but they were raised on it. It's definitely not an American tradition and I doubt anyone who did not grow up eating it would ever come to enjoy it!;)

We just bought a digital scale so now I can properly weight myself. The bad thing is, I weigh a few pounds more (about 5lbs) than I thought I did!:(
I've started using my bellydance DVDs again. Have you guys ever heard of http://The Belly Twins?/ (http://www.bellytwins.com/) Their DVDs are really awesome, low-impact work-outs. Plus, I've decided to quit worrying about my weight and go back to my bellydance classes. I had been close to joining my instructor's performing group but had a knee injury. After that, I just lost motivation for everything. It's been a year since I've attended a class!

It's such a gray, rainy day today! Blah!

MotivatedMamma06'
02-12-2006, 11:26 AM
Hello,

Was just wondering if you had room for another? I am a 32 year old mother of two, DD 10 and DS 1 year. I am married to a supportive loving husband, however I have about 40 lbs to lose and would like to do so by the end of the year. My first goal is set for St. Pattys day = 10lbs and my second goal is Easter = 20lbs. I'm standing up in a wedding in June and refuse to be the "big bridesmaid", so i'm looking for a little support and I'm sure I will find it here.

I'm currently doing WW with a SB twist. Trying to load up on at least 7 fruits and veggies a day, that is my goal. Sticking with Exercise has always been a challenge for me so my goal is to ride my exercise bike at least 30 minutes 5 X's a week.:ebike: however I like the whole 10,000 steps a day goal as well. Just need to find something I like and stick with it I guess.

I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone.

:D

Mummy_Tummy
02-13-2006, 03:53 AM
Hi MotivatedMomma! Have you been fitted for bridesmaid dresses yet? Imagine their surprise when they have to take you in at the last moment because you've lost 30 pounds?:carrot: :D

MotivatedMamma06'
02-13-2006, 07:14 AM
Hi Mummy Tummy, I have already bought the dress and its sitting in my closet, I did however buy it one size too small against the wishes of the store,,,,, ;) Now I have to lose weight right??

backtome
02-13-2006, 09:45 AM
Hello everyone!

I'm sorry I've been a little MIA lately. We had 4 families look at our house over the weekend. So far, no news. This is so stressful. I'm trying to keep my house ready at a moments notice, but with 4 kids it is hard. Actually, cleaning has been my only form of excercise lately.:o And as a result, I've regained a couple of pounds. Well, that and the nutter bars, (I know, more peanut butter and chocolate -- I must be grossing you out, Silverfern :D )

I am such a stress eater. And to be honest, I also sabotage myself. I know that after I lost the 8 or so pounds, suddenly I was buying treats at the store again. What was I thinking? Literally, I deserve a reward/treat/perk for all the stress. Does anyone have advice on how to change the dialogue in ones head?

((Chelle)) I am sorry about your surrogate father. It is never easy to say goodbye to someone you love. ((hugs and prayers))

Tomorrow is our 14th anniversary.....yes we married on Valentines Day! I will be making bean and cheese enchiladas, guacamole, and bake cookies with the kids. The enchiladas are actually fairly healthy. I use low fat refried beans, and tortilla shells that were made without lard. So, not great on Tuesday but not to bad either.

Nancy

Mummy_Tummy
02-14-2006, 03:49 AM
LOL @MotivatedMomma! I guess that is motivation, eh?

Backtome, you're totally right, you DO deserve a treat! Keeping the house tidy is hard enough, let alone worrying about keeping it in a state of perfection with 4 kids! My toddler, on her own, is hurricane enough! Have you tried buying yourself a CD, book or DVD for a reward instead of sweeties? Good luck with selling your home. And Happy Anniversary!

I've been doing okay lately. I feel like I'm really gaining control of my eating habits. It isn't so tough to say no anymore. I was in the bkaery this morning for a loaf of bread and a gingerbread man for my daughter and I wasn;t even tempted by the chocolate eclairs. I thought about having one and then told myself no, took my bread and left. Yeah me! I've discovered these low-fat crisps at the grocery store. Crisps are what the British call potato chips (and chips, to the British, are what we call french fries - just to confuse you). They at least satisfy my craving when I want to pig out. And luckily, they come in individual bags, instead of one giant bag.

DawnJohn
02-14-2006, 11:52 AM
Hi All, Happy Valentines Day!!!! :val1:

Gosh it feels like I've been away forever. Welcome to everyone that's new. This is a great place for support. I do wonder what happened to Michelle aka stagemomx3? Haven't heard from her in a while.

Chelle - I'm sorry to here about your surrogate dad, my heart goes out to you and your family. :hug:

Andrea - My bf will be getting married either this year or next and I'm her maid of honour and like you I will not be the big bridesmaid. you can do it!!!

I've been so bad since last time I wrote. I think I got a bug so the only exercising I've done these last few days is as follows...

Sat - 1 hour treadmill - :cb:
Sun - nothing - trying hard not to upchuck all day
Mon - 1/2 hour Curves - :strong:
Tues - 20 mins treadmill - had to get off and :barf: will try again later.

Eating has sucked too, I want comfort food when I can eat.

I feel totally gross and now my son wants to make cookies for his daddy for val day. Only good thing is I don't want to eat any.

Hope everyone else has exciting plans for today, nothing for us as you can imagine I look a picture today.

Gotta go make cookies. :p

Have a great day everyone.

Dawn

katnol60601
02-16-2006, 03:10 PM
Hola everyone! :wave: Quick check in (feel like I'm always doing that these days). I'm at home with a "sick" child. Honestly, there is nothing sick about this kid except that he's bored. Long story... but the good thing is that I'm getting things done around the house. My dining room table, which has been completely trashed, has only 1 more coat of polyurithane (sp?) to go.

I've been too scared to get on the scale. This week started off great and then I was derailed by sick kids. I know that being home has nothing to do with the way that I eat, but it's hard enough to start a new habit - I just can't seem to do it outside of my regular routine. Here's to hoping the "bug" passes quickly.

Exercise looks like this for me for the week:

Sunday swimming: :cb:
Wednesday running: :cb:
Today swimming: :cb: (I'm writing it down so that maybe I'll have more accountability and will actually go, even though the weather is yucky and I'd rather curl up in front of the TV.)

Gotta go -

DawnJohn
02-16-2006, 05:59 PM
Hi everyone,

Well it's freezing rain here today so my classes were cancelled for the day which means home all day with both kids, I'm just going to change into my referee's shirt now. It's so hard when they are both home and Nathan can't go out and play. Needless to say by the time my husband comes home I'm ready to pull my hair out.

Exercise for me this week has been slack, I can't seem to get the energy to get up an walk on the treadmill, I'll try tomorrow. I have made it to Curves this week. Today was my weigh in and measurments day. :carrot: I'm happy to report a 4.2 lb weight loss and 5.5 inches lost. I was hoping for more inches especially around the thighs (i'm sure theres a change) bu:p t according to the tape I haven't lost any there or my waist. I'm sure it will change next week.

Kat- where do you go swimming? I wish there was an indoor pool in town here but they are still trying to save the money to build one. Apparently they've been saving for 10 yrs already. I miss swimming it's one of my favourite activites.

Well gotta go make some lunches, have a good night,

Dawn

katnol60601
02-20-2006, 11:59 AM
Hey... where did everyone go? :?:

It's Monday... I've been hanging out at the same weight for awhile, not really trying too hard, ready to kick butt this week. Who's with me? :drill:

That's all I've got for a motivational speech.

Dawn, I swim at one of the city parks. There is one about 3 blocks from my house. It's only $10 for something like 10 weeks - pretty good deal. The times are limited, but you can usually go from 8-9 pm, which works out perfectly since the kids are in bed by 8. Or at least they are supposed to be in bed by 8. The oldest usually does the "I'm thirsty." "I can't sleep." "I have to go potty." routine. But dh is home and I can leave him to deal - another bonus. I have to admit I've been pretty slack about going this winter. It's dark. It's cold. I'd rather sit in front of the couch and watch TV. But I need to start going because I promised my sister that I would do the Danskin triathlon with her this summer. The swimming will absolutely kill me if I don't get in the pool and start doing some laps.

I think I need to post some goals for this week so I have a little accountability.
1) keep a food journal & calories in check :write:
2) minimum of 120 minutes of exercise this week :ebike:

Hope everyone has a great week!

katnol60601
02-20-2006, 12:01 PM
Dawn - I almost forgot...

Congrats on your WL!!! :bravo:

katnol60601
02-23-2006, 02:01 PM
I'm still here if anyone else is. I'm going to guess that we all started out with some good New Year's Resolutions and have gotten busy with various things in our lives and have just gotten off track. I know personally, I'm still suck at the same weight I've been at for the last 6 weeks or so. I'm not gaining so that's good, but I can't seem to get back on track either which is bad. Anyway, I'm still here if people want to chat.

DawnJohn
02-24-2006, 10:43 AM
Hey Kat,

Sorry it's been a few days since I've posted. We had the house appraised the other day so the past week has been super busy doing the laittle things that never seem to get done.

Thanks for congrats. I'm excited about the wl but this week boy have I been bad. Don't know what is wrong with me. I can't seem to get the energy to walk on the treadmill anymore, it feels like such a chore. When I do it though I feel great so I guess I just need to pull up my socks and do it.!!!!! I have still been going to Curves faithfully though, it's my time away from the house, no kids, no husband, just time for me.

I know how you feel about the peeing, thristy, etc child, my 4 yr old does that all the time normally when I'm on my way out the door to workout!!!!

Keep pluggin away I'm sure your scale will move soon. I was really shocked at my 4 lbs cause I thought for sure I hadn't lost any. I know how frustrating it is to keep doing all this good work and not get any results, it makes me want to quit, but this time i'm determined to get my body back even if it takes me the next few years. (i hope not though).

Well gotta go do some math and chemistry. Talk to you tomorrow Kat.

Dawn

katnol60601
02-24-2006, 05:33 PM
Dawn - what are you studying/majoring in? I'm an engineer, so I took bunches of chemistry and math. Some stuff I use all the time - some not at all. My son has some of those Magnetix kits - they always remind me of molecules when we play with them. :dizzy:

Honestly though - I really can't say that I've been doing much of anything towards my diet and exercise goals. My schedule was knocked out of whack last month and I just haven't been able to get back into it. Sunday I'm starting a self-imposed boot camp as far as my diet is concerned. I've got all my meals planned out - I'm basically going to eat the same thing for a week - just to get rid of the cookie & pizza habits I've developed. :nono: I'm sure by Wednesday I'll be ready to die. I have to start somewhere though. I couldn't agree with you more about getting my body back.

I don't usually get any computer time on the weekends so have a good one. I'm going to try to take my oldest son ice skating this weekend while it's fairly warm and the outdoor rinks are still open. I'm guessing he'll last... 15 minutes. But it's his idea so... we'll see.

Good luck with your house sale. :goodvibes

katnol60601
02-28-2006, 02:04 PM
Happy Fat Tuesday! :hat:

Just wanted to check in... Tomorrow, it's back to the drawing board. That's right, the scale went back up - I'm changing my ticker in a minute. I'm not deterred though - I've got my whole life to make this journey. Just trying to enjoy the ride. :scooter:

DawnJohn
02-28-2006, 03:12 PM
Hey Kat,

Sorry to hear about the gain, I am afraid to stepon the scale I've been so bad lately, not walking, not watching what I eat still doing my Curves htough so at least I'm getting some exercise in. I feel so guilty though,but you are right we have a lifetime to lose it and just think how long it took us to put it all on. Unfortunatly I am one of those that want it off now. Won't be this week though, I am having a major craving for Lemon Merignue Pie so that's what I'm having tonight and it looks sooooooooooooooooooo good.

I'm taking the Register Practical Nursing program I'm not sure what they call it in the US but its one step below an RN. I love the course, but I had to upgrade some of my high school classes (Chem and math) in order to take the course. My math is alomst done but Chemistry is hard to try and teach yourself. I only have a month though to finsinh the classes and I'm stuck on Chemistry and if I'm not done I'm out. I don't see why I really need to take all this Chem as we hardly use any of it in class, maybe just on a cellular level, plus in all of my nursing classes I don't have a grade below 93%. But apparantly rules are rules. Wish me luck.

Do you like engineering? It looks to be a very hard career not sure I would have the brains to do that.

Well gotta go renew my plates on my van before they close for the day or
I'll be driving around with expired plates tomorrow.

See you later.

Dawn:crazy:

katnol60601
03-01-2006, 01:11 PM
Ok Dawn, call me a dork - I know this is probably simple, just haven't looked at it. I'm going to try to make a new thread with this same title. Wish me luck and hope to see you there. Otherwise - I'll be back here in a minute...