LA Weight Loss - LAWL Losers & Friends - February 2006

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

PURPLEPIRATE99
02-01-2006, 09:28 AM
Well ladies - here we go - a brand new month - a brand new us!!!

I figure I've posted enough now to be able to have the privelege to start the new monthly thread - Do you know just how excited I am about that??

Well, I posted on the Jan thread to wrap up - so I just wanted to get this one started!!

Let's make the February goal to be OP and get this weight off...........then we can LOVE ourselves even more!!!!:hug:

:grouphug: to everyone - WE CAN MAKE THIS HAPPEN!!!!

green0923
02-01-2006, 10:07 AM
Wow, everyone here is so supportive! I am so glad I found this group!

Since I am still learning the lingo, can someone help? I figured out ... OP = on plan, but what does POP mean?

I am going to weigh in here in about an hour ... looking forward to it! It's my TOM, so I'm not sure what to expect. But I feel like I will probably be down at least .5.

I am also looking forward to getting measured in a couple of weeks. I can definitely feel the difference in my pants already, so I know I have lost a couple of inches at least!

Here's to a successful month for everyone! CHEERS!

Chklithunder
02-01-2006, 10:19 AM
:wave: Hi Everyone, and Happy February!

Heather, sure you've posted enough to start the thread. CONGRATS Chickie!

Britt - I am going to join you with the workouts. I think I am going to try Jillian Michaels' program from her book. Today is day 1!

:welcome: Erin - POP = Perfectly On Plan

My official February goal is to lose 10 lbs. I'm off to update my ticker.

To the rest of the chickies - Here's to a POP day! :cheers:

PURPLEPIRATE99
02-01-2006, 10:24 AM
:welcome: Erin and we're glad you found us too!!! Good luck at weigh in - Hopefully TOM won't have too much effect -

Carmen - Good morning chickie!! Let me know what you think about the Jillian workout - I might go and buy that book if you think it is worthy...

Mom_of_3_Monsters
02-01-2006, 10:33 AM
Just wanted to pop in and wish you all a happy February !

I am having a very hard time with the plan right now ... :?: I have been lurking ...

thnknthn
02-01-2006, 10:35 AM
:welcome3: Erin-Good Luck at WI, glad you found us!

Good Morning Erin, Heather, Carmen and ALL-Hope this month brings us lots of lost weight. I WI today to and I am hoping that I show a loss also.

Catch up with you all after WI!

Bernadette:cb:

PURPLEPIRATE99
02-01-2006, 10:42 AM
Norissa - Why are you having such a hard time - maybe us chickies can try to help.....

Bernadette - Good luck chickie with weigh in - let us know how it goes!

Mom_of_3_Monsters
02-01-2006, 10:50 AM
Heather - I have lost all desire to follow the plan ... lack of motivation ... Gotta find it again :(

m_everett
02-01-2006, 11:03 AM
Happy February ladies!!! :love:
Here we are with a new month and a new set of goals.... May you all be POP all month long!!!;) :goodscale

My personal goals for February:
- Stay POP all month and lose my 2lbs a week
- Get my butt moving :ebike: :tread: ...I've had a Curves membership and haven't been there in months

I have my WI tonight and TOM came here today- ughhh. I'm feeling pretty good though and am confident that I'll have even a small loss....

Have a great day everybody!!! :carrot: :hug:

- Marisa ;)

PURPLEPIRATE99
02-01-2006, 11:06 AM
Norissa - Sometimes it is really hard. I went through that phase for a while. Sometimes you do need a break from all the dieting, but if you think about how far you have come - you know what you can do. I'm not sure how much you've lost, but you know how to follow the plan. If I remember correctly - you don't go to the COD do you? Aren't you doing this on your own? - Maybe trying to go back to the COD would help. I'm also doing it on my own, but I finally got to the point where I was there mentally. I needed the change.....Maybe you should go and find an outfit - either one you used to wear or a new one that is about 1/2 - 1 size away from where you are now and use that as motivation. Get all the non OP foods out of the house , maybe try to make an eating schedule for two days at a time so you don't feel overwhelmed. Just know that you can do this for yourself, but you have to be ready mentally - once your there - you can accomplish everything. Maybe sit down and look at how many lbs you have left to your goal and then look at the goal date - use that as a date motivator. I want to get as close to goal by my daughter's birthday - That keeps me on track b/c I only have about 5 weeks to lose 14 lbs. I make not lose it all - but I will be sooooo close!!! Maybe try getting out to exercise or going to the gym - knowing how hard it is to burn 200 calories will help you not to eat the things you shouldn't??
You can do it. I'm sure someone else on here has better words of wisdome. I just know what the end result of giving up and ending up with that extra 10 lbs to lose feels like. You can do this - You can ......:hug:

2bfit06
02-01-2006, 11:06 AM
Hello ladies,

Thank you all for your words of encouragement yesterday. I am not going to give up, but I have made up my mind that I am not going to renew after my 7 weeks are up, unless they are willing to do something to fix what I feel was poor service for the past 11 weeks.

I will never stop trying to get healthy and fit, but I can't really see going to another center, since the next closest one is about 45 minutes away. We only have one center in my little city.:dizzy:

I am going to try the switch they gave to the blue plan to see how this works and I am also going to eliminate diet pop, which I had been staying within the limit of 2 per day, some days not having any.

But it's a new day, a new month and I will focus on what I can do to make things work for me. I ordered some new workout DVD's to shake things up a bit, so I will get to my goal some how.

Gymgurl
02-01-2006, 11:40 AM
2befit....where are you in Michigan?

Norissa....come on girl....we can help you and I know that frustration.!!

Weighed in and stay the freaking same......so I have to go back in tomorrow and they might switch my plan to blue.....oh well the same is better then gaining!

sznn
02-01-2006, 11:59 AM
:D

Hello all my fellow chicks

:kickcan: - Goodbye January
What a month - it rained 29 out of the 31 days here - and I mean RAINED!!!
That amoung other things made it a vile month for me.

I didn't quite make my January goal - most likely due to increased exercise (the quads are getting bigger!) and an increase in nibbling - must cease and desist that little habit.

Looking forward to starting a new month POP.

Happy POP Feb. 1st to all.

-S

juliemarie
02-01-2006, 12:05 PM
Hey Sznn-

I'm guessing you live somewhere in the PNW? Cuz that's they way it's been in Oregon!

shennie_97
02-01-2006, 12:15 PM
2bfit :hug: sorry you are having so much trouble. Hopefully the blue plan will help you out some

:welcome: hkychick

Heather :lol: the Doritos devil did not come get me yesterday, but I had to laugh because it took all I had to pass up the 25cent bag when I ran to the store for cucumbers last night. I am going to have to demand that they figure out a way to get me 2 bags of Doritos in a week on my maintenance plan. PS. Congrats on getting to start your first thread ;)

Norissa~ we missed you around here. If you are looking for motivation, I think the best one I have found is looking into the eyes of my DS and you have 6 eyes to look into. You are teaching them wonderful skills for the rest of their lives and you are showing them that they can set goals and achieve them. You can do, just take your time, figure out what YOU want and figure out how YOU want it. If the plan is getting to be to much for you, maybe you need to slowly go back instead of jumping in (I just want to make sure you keep yourself healthy and happy for those 3 little darlings…oh and I guess for DH too ;) )

Gymgurl~ they are taking you from red all the way to blue…did you do purple yet?

I am officially my ticker weight today. I am going to wait until Tom is gone to end my goal and I think I am going to just start setting my goals after TOM, because i always want to wait until it is gone to see where i am anyway :lol: Hoping to be 150.8 by Saturday when it is gone, but I will see.

green0923
02-01-2006, 12:16 PM
Well, ladies, I maintained again today (have been the same since Saturday). I guess that's better than gaining, right? The counselor told me it is not unusual to maintain the entire week during TOM, and many women even gain a couple of pounds. But it is a bit discouraging, especially since I really have been doing great OP (no cheats or anything!).

Thanks for all the warm welcomes and well wishes! (And thanks, Carmen, for the explanation of the acronyms :) ) Hopefully, as everyone has stated, this month will be a great one for all of us!

Another question for this newbie... Ever since I started the plan (January 18), I have been walking at least 1 mile every day. This is coming from a completely stagnant lifestyle. What kinds of changes should I expect to see while my body is adjusting to the exercise?

The other challenge I face is that I'm on Red Plus, no lites. I have trouble getting all of my portions in, and am not sure how to deal with that. If I'm not hungry, does it make sense to drink juice just to get the calories in? (It's so against everything I have learned about dieting over the years.) Also, the giant portions of meat are a big issue for me. I just can't eat 7-8 oz of meat at once -- that's about half a pound!

Any advice/suggestions?

sznn
02-01-2006, 12:17 PM
Hey Julie - Yup in Van,BC ....Oh well all that moisture keeps the wrinkles away + the hills have tons of snow.

juliemarie
02-01-2006, 12:19 PM
Oh-is that why I don't have many wrinkles? I thought it was because I didn't have any kids;)

shennie_97
02-01-2006, 12:30 PM
Green~ I have always maintained or gain during TOM, this is the first time ever I have had a loss and that is probably because i had cheats last week. I love the 2 days after TOM though because I usually loose about 1.5 pounds.
Yes, it does make sense to eat a celery stick or drink juice to get in the extra calories so your body will have what it needs and not hold onto the calories you have eaten. Also try to split up your proteins and use the CC and frozen meal and veggie proteins to not have to eat so much “meat” every day. I am really scared of maintenance just because i fear I will have to eat big portions.

hkychik
02-01-2006, 12:31 PM
Thanks again all, for the warm welcome - I just knew I had found the right place to help me start this thing!

Does anyone have some good advice for staying OP during the Superbowl? I am a HUGE Steelers fan :carrot: and just know we will be doing a party somewhere - in fact, although I live on Washington State, one of the Steelers defensive linesmen makes his off-season home here and recently opened a sports bar - I know that's where all the Steelers fans are going to be, taking refuge from the massive crush of Seahawks mania!

Repo girl
02-01-2006, 12:36 PM
Morning all!
Heather- I know your words of wisdom were meant for Norissa, but thank you just the same. I needed to hear it. I am really struggling too. I have thought a lot about why I have been sabotaging myself lately. I think that I am feeling sorry for myself, that my health is not that great. I believe that I am trying to comfort myself with food. I think that I am feeling a little depressed, cabin fever, you know. Chronic pain is difficult to live with, but not impossible. I used to get really irritated with an aunt of mine who also who has fibromyalgia, because she let it rule her life, and did not even try to control it. Now I see myself doing the same thing. This is a bad habit that must be stopped. I used to refuse to let pain hold me back, or get me down. I think that during that time, however, I dulled pain with food. I am going to set a few goals, to be posted on my fridge, to help me get back into control of my life. This is what they are:

1- Exercise daily, even just 15 minutes, no excuses.
2- Follow plan POP, as I know that I feel better when I do.
3- Get outside, during the day, for at least 15 minutes, no matter if it is cold.
4- Get to bed by 10:30.
5- Remember to do something for myself everyday.
6- Love myself enough to stick close to my goals.

Thanks for all of your friendship and support everyone. I cannot tell you what it means to me. Here is to a wonderful February, full of SV, NSV!

deetsmom
02-01-2006, 12:37 PM
Katie, we're here for you, the good and the bad- you can do this:)

Amykf1212
02-01-2006, 12:42 PM
Hey ladies. Well, I don't know what did it, but I did find my motivation and I have been really sticking to the plan. I've also been taking the Excel and Reduce pills they have. This is so embarassing to discuss - but I've been really constipated with the diet. Any suggestions? I did this diet last year and never had a problem. I wonder if it is the pills. I'm planning on buying that tea they have and hopefully that will help. Thanks for the support ladies!

Repo girl
02-01-2006, 01:06 PM
Amy, You can buy Smooth Move tea, I think it is by Medicinal Nutritionals, in your supermarket for half the money, and it is great. Drink it before bed, and whammo!! The next morning, you will be cured. Also, make sure you are taking your Essential Fatty Acids, they really help. I buy mine at Walmart, way cheaper than LAWL. Lastly, a baked apple with cinnamon does the trick for a lot of us. Just slice an apple in half, place both halves in a dish with a little water, and microwave for about 6 minutes. Top with cinnamon, and enjoy. I also like some FF Cool Whip on mine. Good luck. We have all been there with this diet. Katie

Debster921
02-01-2006, 01:19 PM
Hello everybody,

I have been lurking for a few day checking out all the posts. I started LAWL 2 weeks ago and have had an 8 lb. loss so far. I am looking forward to getting to know all of you and also for the great support group I am seeing here. :D I have ALOT of weight to lose, but am in the right frame of mind to get there. I am on Red plan with lites right now.

Debbie

SyracuseNY
02-01-2006, 01:21 PM
Purple: I totally agree with your first post! :cheers: to a POP month!

Green: A belated welcome! Good luck at WI (weigh in) today!

Momof3: I too have been lurking and I'm feeling like you. You have a BOT (back on track) buddy lurking with you! New month, new start, right! Let's get with it!

Purple: Great words of wisdom directed to Norissa, and I'm taking your advice!

2Bfit: I'm with you all the way!

Hi to the rest of you ladies.

Hugs, Sy

Repo girl
02-01-2006, 01:44 PM
Welcome Debbie! Congrats on the 8 lbs, that is great!!!

PURPLEPIRATE99
02-01-2006, 02:32 PM
:welcome: Debbie - Great success so far - keep up the good work!!!

Sy - Thanks for the comments - I'm just glad that I can try to help someone - I don't know all the ends and outs of LAWL, but I've been there and done that and I feel more motivated now than ever. But I'm sure I'll need it one day and I know you gals will be there for me.....

Katie - I'm glad the words helped. I have been there with the sabotaging myself - I did it most of last year after I had some major family issues. I just couldn't seem to get out of my "FUNK" as I called it. I didn't gain alot, but never got motivated enough to lose either. Just did my own thing and took for granted that I was cheating myself not anyone else. I have no idea what you go through w/ the fibro or any chronic illness, but I got a taste of just a little Friday when I was so sick. I couldn't hardly dry off from my shower b/c my body was so sore to the touch. I told someone - it reminded me of how someone describes fibro. Just know that with your new goals for yourself - it will help you feel better - mentally and physically. You definitely need some time for yourself too - being in the house with kids all the time - can get frustrating and depressing. I only have one - but I can't stand more than 48 hours without going somewhere. Remember no matter what that your two goals....

Remember to do something for myself everyday.

Love myself enough to stick close to my goals.

are the most important. I truly believe if you are happy, do things for yourself and love yourself - you will be able to do the other things that will meet your goals. Your a great chickie and have really helped me and made me feel welcomed. I'm sorry your struggling, but know that we are here for you - :hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug: :hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug: :hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

Bogieboo
02-01-2006, 03:22 PM
Is the following correct for these plans

Purple: 2P, 2S, 4V, 3F, 1Fa and 1 Dairy

Red: 2P, 2S, 3V, 3F, 1Fa and 1 Dairy with protein to be 4oz beef and 6oz chicken.

If I was going to do Red without lites what would I add (1P, 1/2S ?) or would I just do Purple without lites.

My Sister In Law wants to try LAWL but does not have a center near her.

Let me know:)

Repo girl
02-01-2006, 03:36 PM
Thanks Heather, you such a doll!

Boogieboo- Red is 2 1/2 P, 3 S, 3 F, 4 V, 1 D, 1 Fat, with protein being 8 oz of chicken and 6 oz of beef.

shennie_97
02-01-2006, 03:38 PM
Is the following correct for these plans

Purple: 2P, 2S, 4V, 3F, 1Fa and 1 Dairy

Red: 2P, 2S, 3V, 3F, 1Fa and 1 Dairy with protein to be 4oz beef and 6oz chicken.

If I was going to do Red without lites what would I add (1P, 1/2S ?) or would I just do Purple without lites.

My Sister In Law wants to try LAWL but does not have a center near her.

Let me know:)

would you normally be on purple or red if you were with lites?

W/o lites, I thought you never go below purple, but I know katie is on Blue, so it is kind of hard to get an exact science on that stuff

Bogieboo
02-01-2006, 03:42 PM
Repo Girl,

What is the one under Purple then?

Bogieboo
02-01-2006, 03:45 PM
Shennie 97

I am on the Purple with lites, but my Sister In Law weighs less than 200 so I am assuming that she would be on the plan right below Purple. Am I right?

SyracuseNY
02-01-2006, 03:48 PM
Under Purple is Blue, then Gold, and God forbid, GREEN!

Repo girl
02-01-2006, 03:50 PM
On blue you get 2 1/2 P, 3 S, 3 V, 3 F, 1 D, 1 Fat, and the proteins are 6 oz of chicken and 4 oz of beef.

Bogieboo
02-01-2006, 03:53 PM
On blue you get 2 1/2 P, 3 S, 3 V, 3 F, 1 D, 1 Fat, and the proteins are 6 oz of chicken and 4 oz of beef.

So can I assume that she would probably be on the Blue plan if she is under 200 by a little?

shennie_97
02-01-2006, 03:57 PM
most people go from purple to gold. blue is kind of reserved for special cases (swing shift workers are one I know of) it is when you need a little more than gold because you have things going on in your life kind of. I think gold starts around 185-190ish

Bogieboo
02-01-2006, 04:03 PM
This is the last question, I promise :^:

What do you get for the Gold plan and also how much Beef and Chicken?

Thanks a bunch for all the info.

:smug:

shennie_97
02-01-2006, 04:23 PM
gold is 2P, 2S, 3V, 3F, 1D, 1 fat, 2 lites

blue, gold and green are all 6 oz chicken 5 oz beef

no problem ;)

Repo girl
02-01-2006, 04:25 PM
I don't know if I am on blue because I don't do the lites, or because I am insulin resistant?

Tee625
02-01-2006, 04:35 PM
Hello Everyone I hope everyone is having a POP day.

Reading the post about the colored plans has got me a little confused. Does anyone know the weight requirements for each plan. My center moved me from gold to purple when I opted not to do the lites does that sound right?

slimmerKim
02-01-2006, 04:36 PM
My February goal is to lose 4 lbs! At the end of February I'll move on to stabilization regardless of my weight. I did not lose ANY weight the entire month of January (went up/down 2 lbs whole month). I am now 1 lb heavier than before Christmas. So a 4 lb loss would make me happy.

My other goal is to continue to run 3 miles, 4 times a week and do 100 crunches as well.

slimmerKim
02-01-2006, 04:41 PM
Tee -I was also moved from gold to purple when I decided not to do lites. It just gives you more food to make up for the calories that the lites would have.

Then I moved up to Blue due to my exercise. So seems I'm doing LAWL backwards....gold to purple to blue - crazy!

PURPLEPIRATE99
02-01-2006, 04:46 PM
Great goals Kim - Hopefully you will get that 4 lbs off this month!!! That is weird that they moved to to less food for exercising......I thought purple had more food than blue?? from the above conversations.

Shennie - I thought beef on gold was 4 oz not 5? Which one is correct? Just want to make sure....

shennie_97
02-01-2006, 04:52 PM
Great goals Kim - Hopefully you will get that 4 lbs off this month!!! That is weird that they moved to to less food for exercising......I thought purple had more food than blue?? from the above conversations.

Shennie - I thought beef on gold was 4 oz not 5? Which one is correct? Just want to make sure....

your right i meant to put 4 thanks for catching that.. but turkey is 5 bogie

PURPLEPIRATE99
02-01-2006, 05:09 PM
Okay, just wanted to make sure - Thanks for clarifying Shennie!~!!

green0923
02-01-2006, 05:48 PM
All this talk of the different color plans makes me interested! I looked in past threads, but didn't see anything on this topic.

Does anyone know appx. how many calories each plan estimates per day?

And without lites, how many fewer calories is each plan?

(Still new here, thanks!)

shennie_97
02-01-2006, 06:07 PM
I am soooo upset and i was o ready to head to the vending machine, but i figured i would type it out to calm down rather than eat...

My DS's name is "William C" he is named after my grandmother who was Willie C. (old southern name and i do not like the name willie so I named him william) but anyhow for 9 years i have been fighting with the social security office because they keep taking his middle name out of his name and saying his middle name is "C" so i thought I finally got it fixed last summer after having to schedule a meeting because it was just too much for the system to understand. (There are people all over the world with two first names right?)

well I am really in need of my measly income tax return to use for closing costs so that i can start to actually move on buying my house, but guess what. The social security administartion says that "william c" doesn't exist, so my tax return was rejected and now i have to go to the social secuity office to find out what my child's name is so that i can do my taxes. I knew I should have just claimed my dependants during the year and got the money then...urrrrrrrrr

Ok still want some doritos but i feel stronger than 3 minutes ago, so thanks.

thnknthn
02-01-2006, 06:51 PM
:welcome3: ALL you new Chickies!

Glad you found us. The ladies here are great, Just jump in!

I WI today and I stayed the exact same, middle of the week thing. Not concerned at all. Having a great day hope you all do to!

See you all soon!

Bernadette

Gamababa3
02-01-2006, 07:13 PM
I went and weighed today and gained .2 oz, but I'm not going to count it, since I had earrings, watch etc on. I usually don't wear my jewelry, but I had an appt this AM that I went to first.

Hi to everyone else. Have been doing some reading, but don't have a whole lot to chat about. Maybe tomorrow:)

Erin I have no clue what the calorie count would be for the different plans. I have asked my center, but they just say it's really hard to say as it depends what food we are deciding to have for the day.

Gamababa3
02-01-2006, 08:14 PM
I'm excited I had told a friend of mine about LAWL and that they were having a special from 1/30 to 2/4 that you can join at half off of the program and I would get $50. Well the center told me today my friend had an appt with them today. I called this afternoon to find out she did join. So now I have a buddy to work the program with (along with all my buddies on this site) and I earned $50:)

Repo girl
02-01-2006, 08:25 PM
That is great Barb!!

CandlePrincess
02-01-2006, 08:45 PM
Ok...had WI today and i was down 1.4 lbs! WHOOO HOOO! I have been so careful about staying POP and I like seeing the rewards of my discipline. Not trying to toot my own horn too loudly....I am just grateful for my progress!

Shennie..are you moving to Indy?

hkychik
02-01-2006, 09:25 PM
Way to go , Heather!:D

slimmerKim
02-01-2006, 09:41 PM
Purple - actually BLUE has more food than purple.....so I get more food for my exercising :)

I think Blue has an extra 1/2 protein and 1 starch (than purple).

Bobby18
02-01-2006, 10:38 PM
Thanks for all the great, motivating posts today. I am quite interested in the Blue plan. I too was on Gold and got moved to Purple when I decided not to do the lites. I kinda like the idea of the Blue plan though - I could really use that extra S.

SlimmerKim - The P portions in purple are bigger than blue. Also, purple has one more V, but you do get an extra S with Blue.

Sheenie - Congrats on staying strong. Who would've thought you wouldn't know your own son's name?!? I can't believe how ridiculous that sounds.

Suzanne

marbear
02-01-2006, 10:47 PM
Ok, I got a really really really bad headache around noon and after supper I had a glass of lowfat milk and a couple muffins. My stomach was really needing some food and I had TWO hot sugarfree beverages to discover that wasn't working. Maybe after what has turned into a 9 day heavy period my body just needs food. I am glad I had 2 low sodium options at least, so maybe it isn't a total waste.

Mary

deetsmom
02-01-2006, 11:47 PM
Mary- you just need to concentrate on your body healing (and it needs nutrition and calories to do this) and not worry about the weight for now- just my opinion coming from a warm and fuzzy place. I think youre gonna be fine with the program when your body is ready to dive back into it...it really needs recovery right now ((((HUGS))))

brittyboo07
02-02-2006, 08:44 AM
Morning Chickies!!!!

Just wanted to pop in before i head to school and give you an update on me and ill try and catch up on posts after classes today.

My official WI yesterday for the biggest loser was .25 below my January 10 lb goal so i guess i was just holding on to something the day before and now its gone lol. Im gonna keep a 10 lb goal for Feb as well and will update my tickers this afternoon. I dont go to the center till tomorrow for WI so hopefully the exercise will not affect me to much.

I did the biggest loser workout (low-intenisty i think) and man it kicked my butt lol But Bob kept us going and all three of us completed the workout but i dont think ill be doing bootcamp anytime soon lol.

Ill check back in after classes today have a POP day!!

PURPLEPIRATE99
02-02-2006, 09:01 AM
Wow - some of these plans can get confusing trying to know them. I think I'll just stick with Gold. If not, I will get confused trying to learn about the other ones.

Candle - Congrats on your loss - that is wonderful and girlfriend - You can toot, blow, burst your horn any time you want to - it is great to reward yourself with compliments when you succeed!!!

Shennie - Wow - I'm suprised your not threatening to blow up the SSOffice b/c that would have been totally livid!! Isn't the government just amazing sometimes - they give you the choice of what to name your child, but then try to change it for you.....you go girl for being strong. Hopefully that Dorito Devil never caught up with you!!!

Britt -Congrats on actually meeting that goal!! Hopefully the exercise will help you lose even more by tomorrow when you WI - Did you buy the Biggest Loser workout? or do you have a book or something -just wondering!!

Barb - That is wonderful about your friend joining. It always helps to have someone close to you that you can work any program with. You chickies are the only ones I have as far as the LAWL - I have my diet friends here at work - but they all do WW.

Bernadette - Isn't it such a great feeling to be able to go in, stay the same, but still feel successful?? I love that feeling, and it is b/c you know your doing great and you know you will see that scale continue to go down!! You go girl!!! I truly believe that mental success is a huge part of any program!

Mrs.Beanie - We miss you - Hope you are doing ok as well as the DP's. I hope your not running yourself ragged. Hopefully you are still staying OP with your hectic schedule.

Katie - Good morning chickie - hope you are feeling motivated today - here's sending you some "Motivation Vibes"!!!

Norissa - Good morning to you too - Sending you some "Motivation Vibes" too!!!

To all the other chickies - Wishing everyone a OP day!!! :carrot: :D

Tee625
02-02-2006, 09:25 AM
Good Morning Ladies...

Sheenie- I hope you get everything worked out because that is just crazy, how could you not know what your own child's name is. And there are tons of people out there with two first names.

Brit- How is the biggest loser workout? I saw the advertisments on TV and wanted to purchase it but I don't have any weights.. and I could have sworn I saw them using weights in the commercial. Can you do the workout without the weights?

green0923
02-02-2006, 10:04 AM
Good morning, ladies!

Britt, I'm with Tee and Purple. I'd love to know more about the Biggest Loser workout. Video? And what types of equipment do you need to do it?

Mar, I agree with Deets. The body definitely needs time to heal! Hope you are feeling better.

Heather, congrats on the loss! That is great news! And good for you for tooting your horn!! YOU DESERVE IT! :carrot:

Barb, how great about your friend joining! Win-win for everyone, right? I have been talking to a good friend of mine about it as well. I think the program is probably too cost-prohibitive for her, but she is exercising with me in the evenings, and trying to eat better, so it's good to have a buddy, I agree. Thanks for the info on the plan calories, by the way.

Bernadette, you seem to have such a fantastic attitude about everything! I hope I can be like you!

Shennie, how completely frustrating about the tax thing! Gosh! I hope they finally get this straightened out -- and quickly!

Repo girl
02-02-2006, 10:25 AM
Good Morning all! I got up a little earlier than usual on accident, so I think I will thrown on my shoes and walk down the road before the daycare devils start arriving! Check back in later!!

shennie_97
02-02-2006, 10:37 AM
Candleprincess~ no I am not moving to Indy…I just spent so much time down there for parties when in undergrad that I know my way around. I have though about it many times and would love to if life permitted. Since I am an IU employee I can go down there and get my doctorate for free, but DBF has much better job prospects up here… but I am definitely keeping it on my radar for places to move in the next 10 years. My DB live in Geist (sp?) It is on the northside right out side of Indy. I will be down there on Wednesday though for a conference.

Slimmerkim, blue has more serving than purple but purple has larger proteins…so you get more protein, but less starch. When I was at my old job and they put me on blue by mistake they said i

Star, Sy~ how is everything…hope all is well :hug:

Mary~ I hope you feel better soon and can put this behind you to move on to much better things…still praying for you

I am down again, even with TOM. I hit 151.8 this morning. I t has took me almost two weeks to get from 152.8 to 151.8, but I’m glad to be here. :banana:

Congrats to all of your loosers,
hey barb, Bernadette, julie, Katie, deets, juliemarie, britt, heather, Carmen and you other chicks….check back in later

Beanie~ missing you!

marbear
02-02-2006, 10:50 AM
If I don't start some type of eating plan, I am going to be out of control. I weighed 177.5 a week ago. I weighed 182.5 this morning. I HAVE to get this under wraps before I am at 190...then 200 again.

I think I'll do gold with bars and then if I am feeling dizzy after my circles eat enough to move me up to blue, then purple, then red (til the dizziness goes away). I hate the feeling of spiraling out of control. I need to fee in charge of SOMETHING, ya know?

Mary

thnknthn
02-02-2006, 10:59 AM
Good Morning Shennie,Tee, Katie,Erin:hug:, and everyone else who is not awake yet!

Erin-Thank you very much! I do try hard to keep my spirits up. Let me know if you need a pep talk any time.:cb:

Katie-glad you got the opportunity to walk.

Shennie-You Rock! losin' on TOM!:cp:

Does any one know what a plateau breaker is? please let me know as I have weighed the same for a few days now and want to jump start it again.

Be back soon

slecompte
02-02-2006, 11:06 AM
Hi everyone! I got moved to blue yesterday. My WL has been slow so they think I am not getting enough food because of my activity. When I stopped exercising for 3 days, then I lost..so we will see. Try this for 2 weeks and see how it goes. Surprisingly I could care less about having more food, I am just tired of preparing it all and having the same things! I am over it, but...will keep moving along.

Hope everyone had a great day!

Sheila

Chklithunder
02-02-2006, 11:20 AM
:wave: Hi Everyone.

Somehow I am up almost 3 lbs since last week. I think its the coffee. I have been having 12 oz of coffee with Splenda and 4 oz of cappuccino mixed in every day. That must be the problem, because it is affecting my water intake also. So as of TODAY, no more coffee (I will be a real PITA for a few days, but I feel it is necessary). Also, as of today, my goal is 80 oz of water everyday throughout the month of February.

So far, 32 oz down!

Britt - CONGRATS on meeting your January goal! You're Baaaack! Doesn't it feel great? And yes, pls provide more info on the BL workout!

Shennie - The gov't is really a trip to deal with. They have no problem holding onto your money because THEY flubbed up your child's name, but how much are we spending everyday overseas fighting a war and now paying to rebuild what we tore up over there? That makes me sick and I won't continue down that road because it would not be pretty, trust me. I know you're a fighter and you'll take care of it. Congrats on the loss. Sure it was a long time coming, but that's what perseverance will get ya. How are the workouts coming along? I think I will order Turbo Jam when I'm halfway through my rotation of Jillian's workouts, as a reward to myself.

Bernadette - I think a plateau buster consists of strict adherance to plan, without any condiments, free foods, etc. Someone else on here may know more than I do about it. Joyuvette (counselor) posted it on another thread. I would suggest either searching the threads for it or maybe PMing her for the info.

Candle and Heather - WTG! :dance: :cb: :cool:

Barb - Congrats on the $50 for the referral, and I think it will be very cool that you have someone else on board that you go through the LAWL experience with. Keep us posted on her progress, or better yet, invite her to join us here!

Sheila - Best of luck with Blue. I'll bet it works for you.

All you other losers, WOO HOO! To the maintainers and gainers, hang in there - I saw the Fat Fairy down the street, and she said she'd be sure to come through here if we promised to stay OP. I'm in, how about you all?

Here's to a POP day :cheers:!

ETA - Beanie - Miss you honey. I saw you on here the other day but by the time I was here you were gone. I hope all is well with you and the DPs. Come back to us soon...

Tee625
02-02-2006, 11:29 AM
Britt- do you need to buy weights for the biggest loser workout?

thnknthn
02-02-2006, 11:53 AM
Hey all- I searched for a plateau breaker and did not find it in the threads. If anyone can tell how to do it and what I do....Please let me know!

Thanks

Chklithunder
02-02-2006, 12:04 PM
Bernadette - here's the link:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1045077#post1045077

Rebeca
02-02-2006, 12:06 PM
Hey girls... New month and new Losses!!!Congrats to all of those who reached or got close to their goals, and for all the rest of us for trying!!! I went to the center yesterday and I was two lbs up. I had a munch of cloth on and had a steak last night. I went to Olive Garden for lunch and have not been to the bathroom for 2 days again... My oficial weight is taken on monday so i better work to take these lbs off. Sometimes I think my body just doesnt want to lose weight!!! I am getting more water than needed, but my scale says I have not gained anything... go figure...

Just wanted to pop in and wish all of you a great losers month!!!

Thanks for all of the support!!!

Tee625
02-02-2006, 12:25 PM
Britt- do you need to buy weights for the biggest loser workout?

Ok I must be dillusional or something today. I was typing a response and got distracted at work and ending up asking the same question twice.

Ugghh how dare they ask me to do work while I'm typing in my LAWL threads. lol

PURPLEPIRATE99
02-02-2006, 12:44 PM
Ugghh how dare they ask me to do work while I'm typing in my LAWL threads. lol

Ditto Tee - Ditto!!!

Gamababa3
02-02-2006, 12:51 PM
Good Morning Ladies,

Britt congrats on being below your Jan goal and good luck with your Feb one. Yes I would assume the Big Loser work out would be a hard one with how much they do on the TV show. I still need to find ways to get more motivated when it comes to exercise as I know it will help with the weight loss.

Heather if gold is working for you, then that is the plan to stick with. As for me still on red till I get down to 215 I know I don't eat all the portion sizes now for the protein. Your doing great so hang in there and take that money that you've earned at your company:)

Bernadette so happy that you are really in to the program and doing so well on it. Hope the plateau breaker works for you. Stay positive.

Erin I wish I new more about this program. I'm like you I ask and these women that have been on the program are very helpful and usually know the answers. Your doing great!

Katie hope you had a nice walk this morning. It's raining here so I haven't gotten dressed yet.

Shennie happy your seeing the scale move in the way it should. Congrats!

Shelia hope the blue program works for you. I know what you mean about getting tired of making the same thing. Did you get the cookbook as it as helped me try other things.

Carmen good luck with giving up the coffee. I'm a white mocha drinker and I had to cut those off. I used to buy one about every other day. Since I've been on the program I have purchased two, but I know they have why to much sugar in them. I recently purchased a sugar free white mocha liquid from Cost Plus and showed it to the center. They advised it was a much better choice. I made a drink once at home that took me two days to drink it as it definitely isn't as good. I have told my friend what site I'm on, but I will let her know again. It would be great if she wants to chat with all of us.

Rebeca you will lose that 2 lbs in no time. Hang in there!

I had posted when I was last measured and said I was down 10 inches, but I also had said I kept questioned the women. Well I bought a tape measure and measured myself and figured out there was no way they had me losing 3.5 on my waist it was an inch. I went back yesterday and told the other girl and had her measure my waist again and it showed the other girl was wrong. I made sure she corrected it in their database, so when they measure me next time they wonder why I gained or something. I told her I know being over weight you have many creases in your waist but if I had lost that much in my waist my clothes would have fit much better. Glad I checked for myself.

Hope you all have a great day!

m_everett
02-02-2006, 12:57 PM
Happy Thursday ladies!!!

Well, I had my WI last night and I was down .4- not bad considering that TOM is here. I'm averaging about 1.25 pounds a week (started 1/1)- kind of slow but I haven't exactly been POP. I'm thinking of doing TO sometime this weekend for a little boost. I have the Knudsen's juice...but I'm wondering, have any of you had any real success with the Knudsen's juice??

I hope everyone has a POP day!!! :D

-Marisa ;)

marbear
02-02-2006, 03:00 PM
Still on plan for the day and feeling much more hopeful after seeing 179.5. I am unfortunately one of those folks who gets defeated easily in weight loss and i need a lot of encouragement from my scale.

Mary

thnknthn
02-02-2006, 03:18 PM
Hello all just had a quick question. Do I mix the Knudsen juice with water and drink it 4X a day?

Thanks

Bernadette

Leah AU mom
02-02-2006, 03:19 PM
Hello everyone,
I must confess I had a food meltdown last night. I had been OP since Jan.9 without any real pitfalls. Anyway, I was down because I've been staying on plan and the weight has moved very slowly. Anyway, I caved and had a very yummy, but very bad:devil: dinner. My stomach was mad at me afterwards because it was very greasy.

Back OP today.
My goal is to lose 7 lbs. in February.

Leah AU mom
02-02-2006, 03:28 PM
SHennie,
Sorry you are having to deal with the red tape at the social security office. Those kind of things can be so frustrating.:mad:
I am from the south (grew up in GA, and went to college in Auburn, AL...lived in Birmingham since college) Anyway, I bet Willie C was a neat southern lady. What a great idea to name your son William C.
Good for you that you are down on the scales. You are my inspiration!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We are at about the same weight, and it is moving very slowly for me too!!! Sometimes I want to give up, but I really want my flabby belly to flatten out, so I will keep on!!!!!!!
You know the ins and outs of all the plans, so I'm just curious. I'm on gold with bars, but if I did not do bars, what servings would I add to the gold?
Thanks
Leah

PURPLEPIRATE99
02-02-2006, 03:32 PM
Bernadette - From what I was told Yes, Knudsen's - 6 oz 4 times a day - You can mix it with water or drink straight since it is not quite as thick as the TO juice. I think I mix mine with maybe 1.5-2 oz of water each time....

PURPLEPIRATE99
02-02-2006, 03:35 PM
Leah - Great question - Hopefully Shennie or someone can answer it. I've actually wondered the same thing too. I know they wouldn't recommend it - but what if you switched things around - one week Gold w/ Lites and then the next week - the extra food with no lites....it might be enough to keep the body fooled too!!!

brittyboo07
02-02-2006, 03:50 PM
Hey Chickies!!!!

Ok i just got to work from school so they wont mind if i wait a little bit to start working lol.

Heather, Tee, Erin, Carmen and others who requested more info on the BL workout I will post it in the exercise yard right after i finish here!

Erin~
I see that you are in TN also your close to Memphis right?

Marisa~
for myself I have decided to not do TO anymore. Other than the first time i did TO it hasnt been a big difference for me. I have been using the Knudsen's juice the last several times I did TO but havent seen great results. However, it is different for everyone so give it a try and see what you think. Good Luck!!!

Mary~
Stick with it girl and you will be back down before long!!!!

Leah~
Welcome Back to being OP!!! I think that sometimes out body needs a little something offplan to give it a little shock. As long as we get right back OP i think its alright once in a blue moon!

Ok im off to the Exercise Yard to dish some info....

StargazerJMK
02-02-2006, 04:04 PM
Hey All. I weighed in last night and in 2 weeks I'm down EIGHT pounds! Yeah....:cheer:

Tee625
02-02-2006, 04:08 PM
Congratulations stargazer! 8lbs in two weeks is amazing.

Repo girl
02-02-2006, 04:09 PM
I have had good results with Knudsens, and with 4 oranges. I like them both. Took my walk with one of our dogs this morning. It was really nice to get out a little bit. I filed my taxes online last night. The bad news: Man, we suck. It is stunning to see how poor we really are. The good news: Our return is HUGE!!! Which means great things for bills, and home repair. I hope that the E File is as fast as they say it will be!

I see that many of you are losing, WTG!! I am not going to WI this week. I want a little more time to work on my goals. A little NSV last night. My SIL invited me to a craft party last night. They served cupcakes, and I said "No thank you." As I sat and looked around something really strange hit me. I was the thinnest lady there! ME! That has not happened in so long. Of course, my SIL is 8 months pregnant.....but still, it made me smile inside.

Rose21
02-02-2006, 04:29 PM
Leah - I was on the purple plan w/ lites and bc of med reasons they moved me to red w/no lites. The difference was 1/2P and 1 Starch More. Looks like the difference between the purple plan and gold is 3V vs 4V. So I would think that leaving out the lites would mean an increase of 1/2P and 1 Starch.

Hope that helps.

My official one month WI was today. Down 21 pounds! :dizzy:

Rosie

PURPLEPIRATE99
02-02-2006, 04:33 PM
Rose and Joan- Congrats on wonderful losses!!!!

Katie- I'm so glad you had that experience at the craft party last night and glad you enjoyed your walk. Getting some fresh air is usually enough to lift some spirits!!!

slimmerKim
02-02-2006, 04:44 PM
Thanks for clearning that up Shennie (blue vs purple).

I'm on Blue b/c of exercise but I only exercise 4 days a week (sometimes only 3). What I'm wondering is if I should follow gold on the days I don't exercise? Blue seems like a lot of food, especially w/o the cardio workout I get on the other days.

StargazerJMK
02-02-2006, 04:45 PM
Rose and Joan- Congrats on wonderful losses!!!!

Katie- I'm so glad you had that experience at the craft party last night and glad you enjoyed your walk. Getting some fresh air is usually enough to lift some spirits!!!

Thanks! I haven't been here very long, but already you have all be so friendly and supportive, and I REALLY appreciate the support I get here. You guys are the BEST! :dancer:

thnknthn
02-02-2006, 04:57 PM
Rosie-What a great weight loss....:bravo:

To all you other losers WTG!!:grouphug:

My body decided to stop losing weight for a minute, but boy am I gonna fix that...can we say TO!!!!!!!!I have to say that the knudsen juice tastes really close to TO juice hhmmm...a $20 bottle of juice or a $4 bottle-hhmmm tough one there.

Hope that all you chickies have a great rest of your day! I will be around and thanks everyone for the juice tips;)

Hang in there girls remember "nothing tastes as good as being thin feels"

marbear
02-02-2006, 05:08 PM
Katie, I haven't been the thinnest person at a party yet, but I am definitely satisfied that I am no longer the fattest!

Glad I was below 180...it's a mental thang.

My headache is nearing 2 day status-oh joy!

Mary

PURPLEPIRATE99
02-02-2006, 05:17 PM
Wow ladies - I just looked at my journal and I have so much to eat tonight after the gym....
Right now I have left:2 Lites, P, 1 1/2S, V,FF, Fa

OMG - on the way to the gym I will have a Luna
Well for dinner is planned
Sirloin - P
1/2 potato - S
Salad w/ few nuts - VFa

then maybe a banana - FF and I guess I will have a luna and for my bedtime snack.

My appetite is just not back from being sick -Going to the gym, so hopefully that will cause more hunger.....Geez, it just seems like I have so much to eat tonight....

Repo girl
02-02-2006, 05:19 PM
Finally, DH went somewhere. He is driving me crazy!! On his days off, I feel like I am under a microscope. He called into to work for a few hours. I am getting a new dining room set tonight. Well, new to me. My aunt and uncle are getting a new one, and called last night asking if I would like their old one. They have no children at home, and always invest in nice things, so I know it will be great. Mine table's legs are falling off, and the chairs all broke a long time ago, so we are using white patio chairs. They really should sell it, but are so sweet that they will not allow me to buy it from them. I am so excited! I hauled the old table and chairs out, and now I am going to mop, so we can move it right in tonight.

Repo girl
02-02-2006, 05:19 PM
Heather, wish I had your problem....

PURPLEPIRATE99
02-02-2006, 05:20 PM
Katie - I can share!!! especially today....

Repo girl
02-02-2006, 05:24 PM
BTW, How do you have 1/2 of a starch?

PURPLEPIRATE99
02-02-2006, 05:27 PM
this morning I had yogurt for breakfast and I like a little crunch - and I add cereal. I only had a little kashi cereal like 1/4 c. - no where near a whole starch - I guess I'll have just a little more than half my BPotato tonight!!!!
Is that bad to do - split starches like that?

PURPLEPIRATE99
02-02-2006, 05:28 PM
headed to the gym -

Katie - Enjoy your new table -

See you chickies tonight or first thing in the morning.....

LA'smostDETERMINED
02-02-2006, 05:42 PM
Hello chickies!
Welcome to all the newbies!!!
Anyways went to COD to WI theday before yesterday and stayed the same. I was glad I didn't gain any but I got a little dissappointed due to the fact that I needed to loose 2 lbs. this week. well Iv'e been POP so that's good. My goal is to WI at 218 by the 10th of this month....tips??? I'm 224 right now!!! UGH....... :(

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/3;31;6;0;1/c/224/t/165/s/238/k/a98f/weight.png
(http://www.TickerFactory.com/)

Repo girl
02-02-2006, 05:46 PM
Moneek, are you getting all of your water in?

brittyboo07
02-02-2006, 06:23 PM
Katie how exciting i love getting new stuff even if it is only new to me lol thats still new.

Heather have fun at the gym and good luck getting all that food in lol

Everyone have an OP rest of the day see ya tomorrow....

shennie_97
02-02-2006, 08:22 PM
heather~ enjoy the gym...good for you for sticking to it. I have really gotten a little lazy witht he workouts, but my full time job, plus practicum, school and sunday school have been draining me lately. I am an entire week behind in my soap operas. I use re-recordable DVD's to tape them and I have ran out of DVD's and had to go buy more. Ieven have a set of movies from my blockbuster.com membership that I haven't watch yet and I have had for over 4 weeks now. (I'm cancelling the blockbuster membership this month, needless to say)

Leah~ I am no expert, I just glean what I hear from others on hear and read alot. Star, Julie, Sy and Mary helped me out alot when I started. i think I am just reiterating what they have told me in the past. I too have thought of doing the some days bars/ some days not...but I really don't know what plan to try either....I am thinking blue, but I just remember someone said before to not go below purple and eating those big proteins scares me

Katie~ glad you got some time to yourself today

good night everyone. Have choir practice to run too...hoping for a loss in the morning

CandlePrincess
02-02-2006, 11:12 PM
Ok...this is what I get for patting myself on the back. I had a two pound weight loss this week and was really excited...and then tonight I was bad. We got some good news today and went out for dinner, MEXICAN! I wanted to be good, but seriously there was nothing that was even close to OP. I just hope I haven't messed up my progress for this week. I am going to try and eat light tomorrow. Any suggestions on how to do this would help. I was thinking
AM: LA Cereal Bar and Fruit
Lunch: 2 cups lettuce and cottage cheese and pita pocket
Snack: LA bar and fruit
Dinner: chicken, 2 more cups lettuce and some fruit brown rice
Snack: La bar

I am on Red with lites....and think I have it all covered. I just don't want to mess up what I have already accomplished.

brittyboo07
02-02-2006, 11:29 PM
oh gosh another heather lol ill call you heatherCP here is a tip for the next time you eat mexican have fajitas without the tortillas just eat the meat and veggies and ask for a salad that way you can make a fajita salad or maybe they have that on their menu.

As far as what you have planned tomorrow it looks good what does the LA cereal bar count as??? Looks like you still need to add a few things to have all your red portions in. The important thing is you know what you did wrong so if there is a gain you know where it came from and now you can fix that and learn from it. We all have times where we cheat or are off plan but starting over the next day is the best thing you can do.

Shennie~
girl you sound like me lol dont run yourself down!!

LA'smostDETERMINED
02-03-2006, 02:13 AM
Repo- Yea I am getting my water in everday....Gee I wonder...I'm so scared though that I am going stay stable ....ugh.....hope not!!!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/img/bar-blue2/cartoonblob01/lb/0/73/14/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/index.php)

Short Term Goal by March 10, 2006:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/img/bar-pinknots/flower02/lb/238/208/224/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/index.php)

CandlePrincess
02-03-2006, 07:42 AM
Britty,

The cereal bars and biscotti count as 1 fruit, and 1 starch. When I first started LAWL I was terrible about breakfast. I work at a middle school and I'm at work at 7am and I eat lunch at 1030, so breakfast was hard for me. Then I found these little bars! Makes my life so much easier and breakfast isn't too much food and I am ready for lunch at 1030! I plan to add to my eating plan today as i need to. I was amazed when I started this that if I didn't get all my foods in I didn't lose. Since I have been getting all my foods the pounds are melting away! I am still amazed how it works!

Well off to work for me! Ya'll have a good day!

angelica1674
02-03-2006, 09:44 AM
hey everyone! Just wanted to pop in and say hello. Ive been taking a break this past week on eating POP. Ive been on vacation.I stayed home and did stuff around the house that needed to be done(wish I was on a beach somewhere). I havent lost any or gained. Today I am back on plan and back to work. The funny thing is I have lost an inch in my waist,thighs and bust. I guess it finally caught up with the weight loss. Its officaially been 16 weeks yesterday. I am now only20 pounds overweight not the 73 pounds. 20 is such a better number. Well, hope everyone is POP today. I am going to be,hopefully,lol.
I posted this on the wrong thread, oops, LOL. At least now I got it in the right one.

PURPLEPIRATE99
02-03-2006, 10:05 AM
good morning Chickies!!

I'm at work, but still have asleep. I'm on call this week and got woke up at 3:30 am last night...YUCK!!!! I did pretty good last night trying to work in all my food. I think I ended up missing .5 fruit and 1 luna - I got everything else in and I got in a great workout at the gym. I actually think I'm ready for cardio tonight!! Wish me luck!!

The circus is in town, so I think I'm going to take Savannah tomorrow. She isn't quite two - but she is so fascinated with animals. I just hope it is not a waste of money. She is free, but me and DH have to pay. I can't wait myself - I haven't been to the circus in soooo many years.....quess I better save my money - !!!

Hope everyone has a great OP day. Think I'm going to try eating more food earlier in the day - so I don't get stuck trying to cram everything in tonight.

Repo girl
02-03-2006, 10:44 AM
Heather- I have been trying to get my food in earlier, too. Just my fruits, actually, because I seem to have a hard time getting them all in.

I woke up early and could not get back to sleep, so I got in the tub and read a book. It felt so good. Gotta go make breakfast for the troops, I'll check back in later!!! Katie

Gymgurl
02-03-2006, 10:48 AM
Good morning....YAY i lost 2 pounds....not sure how...funny thing is that I did not exercise this week and have been eating all my food.....I hope I don't bounce back up again.........but yayayayaa it happend

m_everett
02-03-2006, 11:35 AM
TGIF!!!!!!!
Woo hoo- the end to yet another long and grueling week. :carrot:
Congrats to all the ladies with losses :D

I've been staying pretty much OP for the past couple of days so I'm hoping for another loss at WI tomorrow morning. I'm also going to do TO w/ the Knudsen's juice tomorrow too.

My question of the day- I'm looking to get a multivitamin and was wondering if anyone has any suggestions..... The last time I was taking vitamins was months ago and was taking prenatal ones. But I'm off the baby track for a while now until I get my body healthy again and I've done the One A Day Weightsmart stuff and that made me want to puke :barf:
Tomorrow after WI I plan on going to Curves to workout. I really hope I make it. Have a great Friday ladies!!!!

-Marisa ;)

PURPLEPIRATE99
02-03-2006, 11:45 AM
Katie - Glad you enjoyed your personal time relaxing in the bath - Wow - you've been up early two days in a row now.......You go girl :cp: :cheer:- How is the motivation coming along? Better?

Marisa - Good for you going to curves !! :dancer: I've heard about alot of people taking the Sam's multivitamins. I know the ones at GNC for women are really good - buy they are kind of $$. I don't know if you have a Kroger grocery store, but they put their mult-vit on sale buy 1 get 1 free alot!! Good Luck finding on!! Congrats on staying OP!!

Gymgurl - That is wonderful news!!!!! :carrot: :cheer: :D :cp: :cb: :strong: :dancer: :cheers: :carrot: I'm so glad to see you finally lose!! Do you think maybe your not getting enough food for the amount of exercise you've been doing? maybe try adding just a little to see if it makes a difference? Sounds like the plan your on is right for you when you don't exercise - but maybe your body really needs a little more food to let go of some more weight?? Congrats to you - that is wonderful. I know how frustrating it is to not move on the scale when your trying soooooo hard!!!

green0923
02-03-2006, 11:56 AM
Good morning, ladies!

Congrats on all the losses!

I, too, am ecstatic to say that I WI today for my official start of Week 3, and lost another 5.2 lbs!!! I am so glad! I had maintained since Saturday (TOM), and was so glad to see the loss! This plan is really working for me ... hopefully I will be able to be POP next week (or close to it). I will be out of town again, so no updates until Friday.

Happy Friday, ladies!

brittyboo07
02-03-2006, 12:01 PM
Good morning chickies!!!!

Went for my WI this morning and was down .5 from my last WI but thats up .5 from my scales lol so im just gonna leave my ticker alone until my next WI (Tuesday) She didnt seem worried at all that I only went down .5 since i started my workout on Wednesday but she said to be sure and keep writing how much exercise I get in daily in my diary so they could keep track of it. She also said to cut back on the the RF peanut butter. I have been having it for breakfast a lot lately because its quick and im usually pressed for time to leave and get to school to grab a parking space. So she says to cut back to 3 times a week and see if that helps any. This is the first time in a few weeks where i felt they actually did me some good. The past two days I have also been drinking extra water and she suggested that i keep that up. I wrote down Pita pocket and she said what is a pita pocket lmao I was shocked she didnt know what it was and told her where she could find them and suggested that she try them lol.

HeatherCP~
Another teacher!!! What grade do you teach? I am currently going to school majoring in K-6 but i want to teach the younger ones. WTG on the cereal bars sounds like they are working for you and quick to grab on your way out.

Angelica~
WTG you are doing great!!! Keep up the good work :carrot:

Heather~
GL on cardio tonight :carrot: How fun your going to the circus thats cool. Dont forget to take a luna with you no cotton candy, hotdogs, popcorn or pretzels!!!!!!!!!! I agree with you about the eating more of your foods earlier in the day just doesnt work out a lot of the time lol. Now that i know there is a microwave at school i can take left overs or LC meals with me yay!!!!

Katie~
Wow you had some alone time!!!! Isnt it nice!! You should probably try and do it more often.

Gymgurl~
WTG on the 2lb loss thats great!!! sounds like when you are exercising your not getting enough to eat.

Marisa~
Im also looking for a multivitamin so i cant wait to see what some of these ladies have to say. Let me know if you find something good too. GL @ WI tomorrow. Have a great workout at curves too!!!! :carrot:

Erin~
WOW thats great WTG girl and keep it up :carrot:

Got a few errands to do so ill be back later.....

PURPLEPIRATE99
02-03-2006, 12:26 PM
Erin - That is wonderful news - Already 15 lbs - you are doing wonderful!!! :cheer: :dancer: :cheer:

Britt - That is so funny - you know I wasn't even thinking about the eating part of going to the circus. I was so excited about the fact of going. I guess now that you mentioned it though - I'm so glad I picked the time that I did. We are going at 3:30 - so that will be perfect time for Luna snack and already eaten lunch before I go!! Thanks for the suggestions. If nothing else, I can throw a banana in my pocketbook or something along with the Luna!!! Great thinking - glad to know you are having progress. Hopefully cutting back on the PB will help even more. Just be careful of those LC too often - they will get you with all that sodium!! I usually limit to 3/week and usually try not to have them two days in a row - I treat them alot like red meat....

Repo girl
02-03-2006, 12:29 PM
Hello! I have been rearranging my dining/ living room with my new furniture, that is unbelievably nice! Makes me want to lay on the couch and enjoy that room.

Erin, Britt, Gymgirl, Whohooooooo!! Great job on the losses ladies!

I am proud to say that I have been POP since I set my goals Wednesday morning. I have no intention of doing anything else. Weekends are a little harder, so I am going to plan well for them. I have been going to this website, flylady.com, and I just want to recomend it to all of you ladies. The flylady has really helped me to organize my time and my house, and I am really thrilled with her. Now my dishes and laundry are always done, and people can drop in to visit anytime they want, I will be ready. Check it out if you have a chance!

Here's to a POP day everyone!!

PURPLEPIRATE99
02-03-2006, 12:40 PM
Good morning Katie - I know you are just gleaming with that new table. I will check out that sight!!!

mrsbeanie
02-03-2006, 01:26 PM
okay chicks!

Im counting on you to give me a good butt kickin motivation revvin get me back on track pep talk here. I am having trouble sticking on plan with all the hectic things going on here. Im either working, running errands, sitting with the folks, or trying to catch a couple hours of shut eye during the times my dad or mom don't get up in the night!! The other day I had fast food for breakfast lunch and dinner!!! I am not getting all my fruits and veggies in or all the protien for that matter. Getting lots of starches though. :lol: I was at my breaking point but my sister gave me the last 3 nights off. Im about to go back on duty for the whole weekend with no relief! Any hints or help would greatly be appreciated. I know that I could have lost way more by now and that kind of bums me out and I go in this circle of beating myself up and just getting discouraged.

I need a PLAN OF ACTION!

THanks in advance for any help

Beanie

Repo girl
02-03-2006, 02:01 PM
Okay Beanie! You have already lost nearly 50 pounds! No way are going to give up on that!! Now, life is busy, but surely while you are sitting with the folks you could carve out a few minutes to do some food planning. Maybe you need to stock your parents house with OP foods for you, since you are there so much. Also, what about a cooler in your car for fruits, baby carrots, celery, cheese sticks, yogurt, cottage cheese, bottled water, pita sandwiches, etc. How about Lean Cuisines for work? Don't forget CC meals on the go. PB&J is inbounds, and that is way fast. As far as eating fast food is concerned, do your best, pull the top off your burger, sub a side salad for fries, bottled water for pop. You can do this Linda. You have done so well so far. It is great that you are taking care of your parents, but you deserve to be taken well care of too. DO IT for yourself. You are an amazing lady that deserves to feel great, and I know that when we do not eat OP, we don't feel as good as we could. DO NOT punish yourself for falling off the wagon, just jump back on! It does happen to all of us from time to time. Stay close, you know we are here for you! Can't wait to give you a big hug when I come through in a couple of weeks!!
Katie

mrsbeanie
02-03-2006, 02:10 PM
Katie - Aww thanks! I so appreciate it! I will take your suggestions and put them to work today! I need to get my little notebook out again and start planning. Learn to say no to bad foods - My sister (on the diet too) had baked a cherry pie and a lemon meringue pie within two days! I know I can do it, its just been so hard. Like yesterday Im watching the folks and my other sister brings us shrimp baskets from Dairy Queen. Uggg I could have thrown it away but I didn't want to hurt her feelings she was trying to do something good. I so want to succeed at this thing. I can't wait to see you either. I can't believe how time has flown by!!

Repo girl
02-03-2006, 02:20 PM
I know what you mean. My family sometimes sabatauges me without realizing it, too. It is nice that you have other sisters around to help a little. Caring for older people can get all consuming somtimes.

Attention Candy Lovers: I bought the best SF candy last night, had to share. It is called Ice Breakers Sours. They come in a green tin about size of a coaster, with the candy and gum at the checkout at Walmart. The candies are like little mints, but they are pink lemonade, apple, tangerine, and watermelon flavored. The pink lemonade are my favorite. Anyway each candy has 0 calories. They really taste good to me. I bought them because DH was planning on sharing a bag of chips with the kids on the way home from the store, and I knew I had to keep my mouth busy!

mrsbeanie
02-03-2006, 02:23 PM
Katie - I love those things too they make a berry sour one too in a purple can. My husband stole mine and ate the whole thing. It made his mouth hurt real bad afterwards though!! :rofl:

Gamababa3
02-03-2006, 03:00 PM
Hi all, just got back from the center and lost another 2.4 lbs. Silly me reminded her that I was to move down a color once I got to 215, but then asked if we can wait till Monday.

She mentioned their site is up now where you can chat with a nutrionist plus more, but get this you have to pay it cost $99 a year. I was like WOW you guys are expensive in every thing you have. I said no thank you I will stay with the 3fat chick site for my motivation and help:)

I wish every one luck this weekend staying on plan with Superbowl weekend. I'm having a potluck at my house on Sat night, but I know what is being brought and what I'm making and it's all good and healthy. I'm even going to make those brownies and oatmeal cookies that some one shared. The hard part will be on Sun a friend from church is opening up their home and so far what I'm hearing that people are bringing I almost want to stay home so I'm not tempted to eat the snacks. Off to get some things done hope you all have a great weekend.

PURPLEPIRATE99
02-03-2006, 03:09 PM
Mrs Beanie - It is so good to see you post!! I'm so sorry that things are so hectic for you - Sometimes we get so involved taking care of family and/or friends that we don't quite take as good of care of ourselves!! Just remember - your DP's need you to stay healthy and take care of yourself so you can be there for them too!! I think Katie has given some great ideas for ways to create yourself a better OP and no fail environment. I don't know you great, but from all the posts I know that you have supported many of these chickies on here and they are where they are partly b/c of your help. You are an inspiration to many chickies old and new!!You've lost 50 pounds so YOU KNOW that you CAN make this plan WORK!!! You have to choose that for yourself. Yes, you don't want to hurt anyone's feelings for bringing bad food, but you are the one that has to live with yourself either being happy or disappointed. I don't think you should be disappointed - you have come along way and everyone has times where they fall off the wagon - but YOU!!! have sooooooo much going on - who could even imagine what you have been through and the things you have on your shoulders!!! I think you are doing good just by not having a breakdown and staying physically and mentally able to help. We are all here for you - whatever it takes!! We know you can do it - JUST TRUST IN YOURSELF AND YOU WILL KNOW IT TOO!!!!:hug: :grouphug:

PURPLEPIRATE99
02-03-2006, 03:13 PM
Barbara - Hey chickie - that is wonderful news!!! You are just melting away 2.5 lbs at a time!!! Send some of those loser vibes my way - !!! :cheer: :dancer:
I just know you will do fine at the party!! You have already planned it in your head - and if you can go through 3 potlucks and still lose 2.2? lbs - YOU CAN DO IT GIRL!!!!

oh OT - I looked for that chicken boullion stuff today and couldn't find it - what did you say the name was? Maybe I can find it online? I think I might make some of those brownies or cookies this weekend myself!!! YUM

marbear
02-03-2006, 03:27 PM
Beanie, you have done WONDERFULLY. It is so admirable of you to take care of other people like you do, even down to how you act on this board.

My suggestion is also to buy some groceries for when you are caretaking that are very portable and easy. When I went to see relatives last time I bought some groceries to have at their house and I brought a suitcase of food (apples, bananas, fruit cups packed in juice or splenda water), bars, tuna, pb. Could you prepackage all your raw veggies or grapes or anything that isn't readily portable when you purchase them so you can just grab bags?

I need to get cottage cheese for protein, Katie...I always forget that option.

Mary

Gamababa3
02-03-2006, 03:42 PM
Thanks Heather, I'm sure trying, but it can be hard at times to stay strong. The bouillon is made my Herbox mine was in a box that had 8 packets in it.

I bought some food for my daughter and myself last night. My side had all the healthy stuff in it and my grand daughter wanted donuts to take home. I LOVE glazed donuts and I think I might have given in to one, but I didn't even let them in my house, put the food straight in to their car:-)

I got a call last night about a job and I called him back today he wants to me with me at 1:00 today. He first thought of me for a sales position and I told him I'm not a sales person. Then he said we also have a planner position, so well see. Wish me luck as you know I hate interviews, but this guy seemed pretty cool over the phone and even told me I could come casual if I wanted. Which you know I wouldn't do that.

Oh and one other thing I went to Wal-Mart today and they had a ton of clothes marked down to $5 each, so I bought a size pants in a 16 and a shirt and slacks in a 14. Can't wait till I can get in them:-)

Ok off to get ready!

Repo girl
02-03-2006, 03:44 PM
I just ate Boca riblet for lunch. It was really good. It ate it with a tiny baked red potato and raw baby carrots. The sodium was a little high, so I'll get some extra water in today for sure.

Barb- You are doing so well. Hope you are proud of yourself, you sure should be!!! I'm sure you will make good choices over the weekend. After lasts weekends dinners, I think you proved yourself to have willpower supremo!!

Hey Mary, how was Mrs. Kaykays class?

hkychik
02-03-2006, 03:52 PM
I had my first WI today, since starting the plan on Tuesday. I lost 4.4 lbs! Yippee for me!:dizzy: I wasn't too sure what to expect, I'd been nearly POP, exept yesterday, when life just got in the way.

Then, when I called hubby to tell him the good news, he asked me to stop at the store and bring him ZINGERS of all things.:devil: We had a good laugh over it, and when I stopped at Albertsons I saw they Luna bars 10/$10 so I bought a case of lemon zest.:carrot:

Hang in there, Beanie - you've given a lot of yourself to care for your parents, now do a little for yourself.

PURPLEPIRATE99
02-03-2006, 03:53 PM
Lori - Congrats on the loss!!! :cheer:

shennie_97
02-03-2006, 03:56 PM
Heather~ enjoy the circus…I am sure Savannah will love it too. Do you watch 7th heaven…. When I watched it the other day I though about you (the daughter who just had a baby named her savannah too)

Gym~ yeah for you :bravo: you deserve it

Marisa~ GNC has coupons a lot on their website (sign up and they will e-mail you the deals) there vitamin is good, but it is big

Erin, Britt, woo hoo on the loss

Katie~ great job with your goal…keep it up. I eat the ice brakers like crazy they also have a berry kind that are in a purple tin. The COD told me I can have them and not count them as anything, but to not go crazy and eat a tin a day because although one has 0 everything, 50 of them have to be something ;) but I used them when I started to stop late night trips to the kitchen for all of the not so good foods…kept them in the nightstand.

Beanie~ Glad to see you back….I can be your full fledged butt kicker if you need one. You know that you can do it, because you have done it before, but I have learned that one day can easily turn into 10 so just get back on board….and stick around

Barb~ how dare they charge us again… I am glad you chicks are free, but i am telling you, we can ban together and sell our plans on e-bay and sit up our own site and be rich :lol: we can even get that 3fatchicks vacation together for all us to meet. :bravo: on the loss

I am down to 151.0 (.8 loss since yesterday) this morning…so I am still aiming for my 150.something for Saturday so that I can set a new goal…fingers crossed. I think I might be able to get another .4 or so from this TOM water weight.

Repo girl
02-03-2006, 04:01 PM
Great job Lori!!

Deets!! I am calling you out, where you been chickie?

PURPLEPIRATE99
02-03-2006, 04:06 PM
Shennie - no, I don't watch 7th Heaven although whenever I see the previews for the show - I wished I would've started years ago......I just love the name Savannah and it fits her so well. My grandmother told me when I picked it out - that is was such "A SOUTHERN NAME" And I told her Well, I'm going to raise her in the south - so isn't that okay>>?? It was just funny

I'm so glad you are getting really close to that 150 -Hopefully you will get it Saturday - I will have to log in just to check!!! I can't wait till I get there!!

Repo girl
02-03-2006, 04:32 PM
I love the name Savannah too. Sorry, Heather, but one of my Great Danes is named Savannah. I really only call her that to get her attention, the rest of the time it is Nannah. I always tease my kids that I am going to go to town and leave Nannah to babysit them.

We are really missing some of our friends lately. Carmen is out living it up this weekend, but where is Sy and Bre? Come out and play ladies! You, too, Star, you lurker!

thnknthn
02-03-2006, 04:36 PM
Well Hello Ladies hope that everyone is doing fine!

I went to WI this am and lost 3.6 pds since wensday, I also did not tell them I was on TO because I feel that most of the loss had to be water. So I will not be changing my clicker. I am going to finish TO today and be back OP tomorrow and will weigh in again on monday...Hopefully some of it will stay off.

Do you all weigh your foods? I just recieved a LAWL scale on Ebay for $7.00, and boy am I glad I got it. I think I figured out why I stalled I was only giving myself (eyeballing it) 1/2 the protien. I think you all said that could affect weightloss if you are not getting all of you portion sizes. I feel pretty darn silly. But tomorrow is a new day!! Hope you guys have a great OP weekend.

Congratulations all you Losers---Way to Go! :cp:
I will be around

PURPLEPIRATE99
02-03-2006, 04:46 PM
Katie - That is funny about the Nanna. I catch myself calling her that sometimes - but is what she calls Bananas and plus that is what I call my grandmother - hince her great-grandmother - so I try to stick with Savannah as much as possible!!! Funny that you said you would leave Nannah to watch the kids - I'm sure they just giggle over that one!

EmmysMom has been missing for a while too - Is she on vacation ??

Bernadette - You go girl - Your my inspiration for the Weight Loss competition at work - geez - over 3 lbs is great - Did you do limited or unlimited TO???

deetsmom
02-03-2006, 04:53 PM
Aw Katie, I feel so loved:)

I just got in from being out since 8 and am about to go out for a little more errands now that my son is home from school.

On LAWL, I weighed in at 133.6 this morning, thats down .6 and they sat down with meand outlined a SUPER STRICT plan, which I am not thrilled about- I was given two weeks more loss for free and they want me to replace one meal a day with their shakes and sub 4oz Take Off juice w/water for two of my fruits per day...they want to see how this works...apparently their big manager has gotten involved since I went over their heads again the other day. This is their last super strict idea and in anticipation of this and TOM in a few days, this is officially my cheat day. I have had a taste of everything I have been fiendishly craving for weeks and letting my body get a shake up...tomorrow is super strict, so for today, I will enjoy being NOT POP, LOL. Im off , ill check back later- have a great weekend, everyone!

Repo girl
02-03-2006, 05:01 PM
Deets- Wow, that kind of sounds like what I imagine **** to be like, you know, SUPER STRICT DIET!!!! Anyway, I hope that it works out well for you. Have fun sampling today.

I bought some new Laughing Cow lite cheese last night at Super Walmart. It is in a plastic crock, instead of the little triangles. 45 cals per serving. It is really good, a lot like the other, but a lot easier to spread inside of a pita or into a rib of celery.

marbear
02-03-2006, 05:03 PM
hey all!
Hubby just got the yearly raise info, and it is 14 percent! Whoo-hoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
They are doing double raises this year, I hear, to catch up with their competitors salaries.
Anyway, wonder what my cut will be ;)

I'm off for a latte to get some dairy in me.
Mary

Repo girl
02-03-2006, 05:10 PM
Yeah Mary! That is great news!

shennie_97
02-03-2006, 05:13 PM
great news Mary...in the non-profit world...it takes 7 years to get 14% and by then cost of living has went up :lol: That also means 14% more groocery money too..huh?

Deets~ WOW. good luck and enjoy your cheat. how many TO bottle will you have to buy to get through 2 weeks? a leats you have 2 free weeks though

I HAVE FINISHED ALL OF MY WATER +10 oz and it is only 3PM...very proud of myself. Really not feeling like chicken tonight. i think I am goig to have shrimp or catfish. DS is gone with his father for the weekend and since it is superbowl weekend DBF has to spend the next two days preparing for it (men!?) so I am childless and I have nothing to do.:(

PURPLEPIRATE99
02-03-2006, 05:19 PM
Mary - Wonderful news - I guess you'll be getting more allotments of Lunas off ebay to stock up!! hahahahaha

Deets - Enjoy your day today and Good luck with the STRICT DIET!! I do hope it works for you -

Shennie - I see some major TurboJam in your weekend!! Maybe if you get busy tonight - you will hit that 150 by morning!! Good luck!!! Can't wait to hear!!!

brittyboo07
02-03-2006, 06:38 PM
Afternoon chickies!!!!!!!!!

I had an amazing lunch we went to Longhorn Steakhouse and I had a Sonoma Chicken Salad kind of like a greek salad with chicken on top and it was to die for!!!! everything was OP. So if you have one of those in your area i would recommend it. I have been running errands all day long basically. Was glad to get back in here for a few minutes to check in here.

Heather~
I only do the LC every once in a while and not every week cause i can have so much more if i have regular food. Its just good to know i have a few options if im in a hurry in the morning. All this talk about the brownies i think i might have to make them this weekend as well.

Katie~
Thanks! WTG with being POP. Im gonna check out that website you suggested and the ice breakers too you have been full of info today lol

Beanie~
Beanie Beanie Beanie what are we gonna do with you lol. First off dont beat yourself up for being off plan for a little bit accept it and move on to being POP. Katie gave you great suggestions. You can do this heck you HAVE done this I mean come on 50 lbs HELLO do you remember Linda 50 lbs ago???? I do have a suggestion for you for when things like that happen and other people bring you food. Make it as OP friendly as possible for example take the breading off the shrimp, divide your fries between the others eating and make yourself a salad. Also im sure your sister is aware that you are doing LAWL so thank her for being so thoughtful but put the bug in her ear that next time you need something that is healthier.

Gama~
WTG on the 2.5 lb loss thats great!!! GL sunday and do the best you can. You have got to be kidding me that they are gonna charge for the new website what a ripoff that should be included in our program as much as we pay them.

Lori and Bernadette~
WTG on your loss keep up the good work!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Deets~
LOL shake it up girl!!!!!!!!!

Mary~
Wow thats great new for your family!!

Shennie~
WTG on the water. Do you have a lot of homework this weekend or any??? I have a lot to do and get organized to start going out into the schools next week ughhhhh its here already. What a crazy semester

Well I am making Turkey Burgers for dinner tonight when i get home and then about an hour after we eat it will be workout time again. I know im gonna hate BOB the next few weeks but It will get better my lets are certainly feeling it. Oh and FYI i HATE walking lunges!!!!!!!!!!!!! :carrot: I bet if Bob heard me say that he would make me do more lmao. Everyone have a great weekend and make it a POP weekend plan plan plan!!!!!!!! Dont overdo it on the superbowl food either..........

Gamababa3
02-03-2006, 07:41 PM
You guys I'm so excited I got the job I interviewed for today. It was the easiest interview I've ever had. The company is another cable manufacture as was the last company I worked for. I will be doing the same job just new people and new customers. I was surprised he wanted me to start on Monday, but grateful to have a paycheck coming in again. The down side is I won't be able to be on here as much as being a new employee I don't want to start by being on line all of the time. My real test to losing weight will be now in the working world and learning to pack food for the day. I'm not one who likes to take lunches and this company has an hour lunch. I hope in time I can take maybe a half of one and leave earlier.

Britt I agree I couldn't believe they are going to charge us for the new site and that it costs so darn much. $$$ that's all they ever want. Your lunch does sound yummy it's so nice when you can go out and still stay on plan.

Shennie, Bernadette & Lori and anyone else I might have missed congrats on your loss and wish you all a POP weekend.

Shennie talking about water I have only drank one bottle today due to all my running around and then an interview I wasn't counting on. I have to start drinking and hope I'm not peeing all night.

I have so much to do in my house we have people coming over tomorrow and this house looks like some body blew through and rearranged everything. Off to work I go.

shennie_97
02-03-2006, 08:33 PM
:carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: YEAH BARB:carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: CONGRATULATIONS!!!
and hired on the spot...you go girl...it was proabbly because you look so Hott know with all those inches you have lost;)

Britt~ I don't have alot of homework, juts reading, but I have a lot of work to catch up on with my practicum. i plan to get a big binder and organize all of the stuff i am doing there over the weekend, plus I have a grant I am supposed to write for them that I need to turn in next week. And then I have to start working on their annual survey and ......you get the picture:dizzy:

but with DS gone I hope to get most of the stuff done. I am just heading out of work and I have talke DfutureMIL to let me do her taxes instead of paying HR block 2 million dollars for it, but she has never been in my house and I don't want her to think her DS is marrying a slob so I need to dust and clean and everything else to make a good impression :lol:

have a good night everyone

nikkijo
02-03-2006, 09:23 PM
I have been going to this website, flylady.com, and I just want to recomend it to all of you ladies. The flylady has really helped me to organize my time and my house, and I am really thrilled with her. Now my dishes and laundry are always done, and people can drop in to visit anytime they want, I will be ready. Check it out if you have a chance!

Here's to a POP day everyone!!
I love fly lady, my husband has no idea why I get so mad when my sink is a mess!! I have the calendar and the feather duster too!!

CandlePrincess
02-03-2006, 09:38 PM
Well I think I did okay today getting back on plan after cheating so last night! I stuck with my plan and didn't eat "heavy" food today. I will go WI tomorrow. Big week coming up! Next Wednesday my husband I will get custody of a child we are hoping to adopt. We just finished the process to become foster parents, and this is happening soooo fast! Looks like my exercise will be keeping up with this 13 month old little boy!

Way to go to all the losers! WHOOO HOOOO!

thnknthn
02-03-2006, 10:29 PM
Hey Chickies I have a question about my Superbowl Menu and what I can eat. My DIL are making Carne asada, refried beans, rice, chips and salsa.

I know that the tortilla chips are a :nono: and the meat is marinated in lemon, chili powder, cummin, onions, peppers and cilantro. I should be able to eat that as long as I only have 1 or 2 6oz pieces depending on the rest of the day. I dont like there rice, I am making the salsa (will probably eat 1cup myself). What about the beans and cheese(I will only have a tblsp)? I will count this as 2p 1d 1f and 2v as I will bring my own salad. OMG what about the Margarita's (no salt) I love Petron tequila and being spanish that is what they use....Mabey I can have one??????

Let me know what you think? I think it is doable.

Gamababa3
02-03-2006, 11:03 PM
Thanks Shennie you make me laugh I wish it was I look so hot due to those inches, but those people don't know me and have never seem me. What I do hope that in a few more months they will say WOW you've lost a lot of weight. Since I start this job so much later 8:30 AM I will be able to go to the center first to still weight in, wasn't sure how I was going to work that one. You should like me oh no company let me run around and make my house spotless first:) Good luck with all the reading this weekend.

Bernadette I weighed my food more the first week or so, but the meat they allow you to eat is so much I eat weigh less then they say. When I joined my center gave me a scale, nothing fancy, but still a free scale.

momof3boys1girl
02-03-2006, 11:44 PM
Well hello everyone...i dont post often but im am on alot all day long reding all the posts...Well i started this program on Jan 8, 2006 and today at WI im am oficially down 12lbs and 13.5 inches I couldnt believe it..So something must be working im losing more than they predict...im losing about 3lbs a week ...but they also moved me to the purple plam which im not sure is right to be moved already i feel like i just started this Weight loss program
I started @ 245lbs...and im down to 233 lbs...does this sound right to be on purple plan now??

THANKS JAMIE

Gamababa3
02-04-2006, 12:05 AM
Jamie congrats on your weight loss and inches lost, that's excellent. I know I started at 228 on the red plan and they told me once I got down to 215, which was only 13 lbs I would be moved. I forgot the color, but what every the next one is and if you were on the red then it probably is the purple one. The problem with me is I haven't been eating all the proteins on red, so it will be interesting how I do. Good luck with the new plan.

StargazerJMK
02-04-2006, 01:07 AM
YIPPIE! Down another 2 pounds! Thats 9.2 in two full weeks! :cheer:

CandlePrincess
02-05-2006, 08:32 AM
Well I had WI yesterday and I was down another 1.8 lbs! Whooooo Hooooooo!Striving for POP week!

angelica1674
02-05-2006, 09:35 AM
Good morning all!! Good to have the site back up and running, I missed you all yesterday. Well,Since being back POP(friday) Ive lost 2 pounds. Hoping I can make my goal of 181 by march 1st.

Purplepirate-How is the weight loss going I am praying you beat the pants off everyone and take the money!!

Hope everyone has a POP day. I think we are going to a craft fair today. Oh by the way, got a ? I bought that light laughing cow cheese yesterday and I can have 2 wedges of that for a 2oz serving of dairy right?

angelica1674
02-05-2006, 09:42 AM
I am changing my 140 goal back to the 160 goal that I gave LAWL. I figure I will get to that weight first and see if I want to go to 140. My goal date is July 27th. I am hoping I have weeks left. :) 140 is just my ultimate goal in life. Dont know if I can even get there.

Repo girl
02-05-2006, 12:07 PM
Yes on the cheese, Angelica.

Well, I have had a very busy weekend so far. Not POP yesterday, but pretty darn close. Today we have the superbowl. I am bringing hummus with veggies and fat free clam dip with baked chips. I am going to save all of my starches for the game. Sams club had both of the new Laughing Cow lite cheeses yesterday, a 3 pack for 6 bucks and change. Since my local grocery store charges $4 bucks for one wheel, I was glad to pay it. I bought the french onion, and my sis bought the garlic and herb, and we swapped so that we can both try all of the flavors.

NSV- Bought a beautiful new coat at Sears for $30.00, size large. Ran into my cousin in Walmart that I have not seen since summer, and she went on and on about how great I am looking. Ran into my aunt at Fred Meyer, and she said nice things about my new size. Said NO to Cold Stone on Friday, Valentine cookies dipped in dark chocolate on Saturday, and pina colodas on Saturday night. Wow, so much temptation, so little time!

Have a great Superbowl Sunday everyone!!!!

thnknthn
02-05-2006, 12:10 PM
Hi everyone

Yesterday was the longest day ever without you all:grouphug:. So glad the site is up and running again. Hope you all had a POP saturday. Now I have to get thru the SuperBowl Party:crazy:

I will be back in a bit.

Bernadette

marbear
02-05-2006, 12:12 PM
I know about the temptation Katie. I blew it at my son's party yesterday, and 3fc was down. They were down for Valentine's, too, so 3fc and I are not on the same wavelength..they keep getting maintenence during my weak times :)

I REALLY blew it yesterday, so I am making myself journal on here (which I HATE b/c it is time consuming) until I can become a good girl and start journaling on paper again.

brittyboo07
02-05-2006, 12:36 PM
Morning chickies!!!!

Thought i would take a break from school work and see if the site was back up. Glad that it is.

Jamie~
That sounds about right on moving you to the next plan i know that they are supposed to move me when i get to 238ish. congrats on your loss!!!!! :carrot:

Joan~
WTG !!!!!!!!!! :carrot:

HeatherCP~
WTG!!!!!!!!! :carrot:

Angelica~
yes as katie said you are correct on the LC cheese and WTG on getting back OP and having a nice loss. :carrot:

Katie~
:carrot: Congrats on those NSV's sounds like you have had a great weekend GL at your SB party.

Mary~
Thats a way to do it girl just jump right back into it you can do this!!!!! :carrot:

GL to everyone that has a SB Party today I am not doing the SB this year and besides i have wayyyyyy to much school work to do lol. I have had 4 solid days of exercise and today is my day off so im hoping when i go WI on tuesday that I will have a good loss. I didnt weigh this morning but i did yesterday morning and my home scales had me down another pound so keeping my fingers crossed. Well I have to get back to working on these flash cards im making for my test tomorrow. Everyone have a great day and ill catch ya tomorrow if i can....

PURPLEPIRATE99
02-05-2006, 12:59 PM
Jamie - Joan - HeatherCP - :dancer: :cheer: - Congrats on the wonderful losses and progress!!! That is great!!!

Angelica - You go girl - that is awesome to drop two pounds in two days!!! Thanks for the wishes and encouragement for the WL competition - It would really be awesome to win that money right before I leave for MI to see my best friend!!

Britt - Have fun making your flash cards - GL on your test and your WI!!!

Katie - All your NSV's are awesome!!

Mary - You will get there - just take one day at a time - you have been through alot physically and emotionally.

Barbara -- Congrats on the new job! That is wonderful that you got the offer so quick. I try to pack my lunch almost every day. I keep several frozen dinner's in the fridge at work along with a bag of spinach and low fat dressing. Hopefully they will have a frig that you can use - I keep apples, grapes and other fruits in there as well, so that I will always have OP foods around no matter where I'm at. I will pick different places I can go to eat out if needed too - like Chick-fil-a or a salad from MCD or subway - haven't been there yet though....

Bernadette - Good morning Chickie - Hope you have a good Superbowl day!! ou are doing great with your weight loss too - We all are really taking February seriously!!!

Speaking of NSV's I actually had some myself yesterday while choosing to be completely OP at the circus - All the popcorn and nachos smelled wonderful, but I felt too good in my jeans to want any!!
We stopped at Chick-fil-a and picked up lunch on the way there, so that I wouldn't be tempted!!! I had a chargrilled wrap and a fruit bowl. - It was delicious!!!

Gymgurl
02-05-2006, 02:14 PM
What is everyones plan for Superbowl food? Yikes lol

marbear
02-05-2006, 04:10 PM
Gymgurl, I will probably just stay home. You've opened a can of worms with that topic, because DH (D stands for a bad word in this case) did his little league practice yesterday...actually left Eli's b-day party before any of the guests to do it. He came home and did ride to walmart with me, but refused to go elsewhere. Today he did not set the alarm for church like I asked, so we all woke up too late. We needed early service today b/c he is going to hang out with a friend (Bryan) who is having a b-day today. They are just playing video games for several hours. ANyway, after that, he wants to go to a superbowl party. THe guy called me asked if "we" were coming. I said "I don't think Eli or I have been invited, so I guess it will be Erik." I was fuming b/c he hadn't mentioned that this was a family deal. He just would rather go without, I guess. Anyway, the guy talked to Erik on the phone and Erik was like "when I get home we can go to that superbowl thing together if youw ant." Ok, nice to have known BEFOREHAND, JERK. I get the feeling he would rather do ANYTHING than spend time with me and Eli, and that makes me MAD. Anyway, I took Eli to the bookstore where he fell in love with a thomas train set, so I bought him a starter kit with money from my sister for his b-day.
Mary

green0923
02-05-2006, 04:19 PM
Hey there, ladies!

Congrats to everyone on the tremendous losses so far this month! I'm still getting to know everyone, but I continue to be impressed by everyone's support.

As for the SuperBowl, my center on Friday offered a SuperBowl snack pack for $42 (said it was $23 off). I chose not to get it, because I am doing pretty well with snacking so far, and I don't want to get started down that path.

Repo, sounds like you have an excellent plan for snacks -- and they sound delicious!

As for me, since I am still in the early phases of this diet (started Jan 18), I really think I will stick to veggies and fruits for the time being. Wish me luck!

GL during all the parties, ladies! And have fun!

angelica1674
02-05-2006, 04:44 PM
I dont plan on eating anything special today. Our family doesnt really do anything for superbowl.I am being POP till next saturday. My daughters first bday party is then and I am going to eat what I want(within reason,of course)So I am eating REALLY light foods(cottage cheese, egg beaters,egg whites) till then and I will after.

PURPLEPIRATE99
02-05-2006, 06:05 PM
Well I'm sitting here drinking my water while my DH and DD are eating TGIF mozzerella sticks with marinara sauce - WOW they smell so yummy. I keep thinking I need to go in there and get an apple or something....

Oh I meant to ask earlier - SHENNIE - Did that 150 come to greet you this morning? I was eager to know!!!!!

Erin - I'm doing the same as you - trying not to go down that wrong path this early in the ballgame. I really want to win that competition by next wednesday and I still have about 2 lbs to lose.

Well I'm doing my best with today - so far totally POP, hopefully it won't get any more tempting since we are planning on staying home.

I found a wonderful recipe that I would like to try, but it calls for using flour to fry. Is there anything you can use to put a light coating on something in order to pan fry?

Thanks - I will check in later!!!!

Bobby18
02-05-2006, 06:49 PM
After getting some great feedback from you guys, I went back to the COD on Thurs. I called ahead to ensure one of the counsellors I liked was going to be there and sat down with her for approx. 30 min. We spent quite a bit of time going through what was causing me to go off program and discussing what my life situation was like. After a few minutes, she determined that I had been put on the wrong program. I had been put on Gold when I should've been on Blue because I work more than 40 hours per week.

We also spent some time discussing LA Lites - I told her I didn't like to have to eat 2/day, but that I liked the fact they were available if I needed something quick or a sweet fix. I also found out that it is possible to only have 1 Lite/day, but that they recommend either using them each day or not at all. The reason that LAWL doesn't like you using them only some of the time is because it is like changing programs again and again. Since our bodies take approx. 2 weeks to get used to a change in eating and start losing weight, it is important that it knows what it is getting. This makes sense to me, so I decided to do 1 Lite/day. For me, I am to do the Blue program, but skip 1 Lite each day.

I am extremely happy with the service I received from my COD on Thurs. I know now that I will always go when I can see 1 of 2 counsellors that I like. I also found out that the Manager I had signed up with had been let go just before Christmas - I guess they received a lot of complaints about how pushy she was and how she didn't give new clients all of the info. they were supposed to get.

We set a smaller goal of losing 25 lbs. by May 17th. We are going on a 15 day vacation to N.Carolina and I wanted to get into some of my nicer summer clothes. This goal is very doable given it is approx. 1.5 lbs. per week. We are going to see how my average turns out as with my weight lifting I may not lose the 2 lbs. per week.

Thanks for all of the support!

Suzanne

Debster921
02-05-2006, 11:00 PM
Hello ladies,
Here's hoping that everybody is staying on track with the superbowl on. It has been a crazy week. Now I get 2 days off to recoup and get ready for next week. At WI on Saturday, I was down another 2 lbs. for a total of 11.6 lbs. since I started LAWL on Jan. 13th, so I am feeling pretty good right now. I have made the commitment and have been POP for the most part.

Heather-I have seen in some recipes that you could crush up melba toast to use for light breading for pan-frying or baking. I haven't tried it but got a box of the melba toast the other day.
WTG on not giving in to all the circus yummys:bravo: That is Awesome.

Looks like there are quite a few that are experiencing losses this month. WOOHOO!!!:carrot: Keep it up!!!

From what everybody is saying, it looks like there are a lot of differences in the way some of the centers work. I think ours is a corporate center. I got a scale and a workout video when I signed up. Haven't done the video cuz it's a VHS and I'd have to go dig out the VCR and hook it up to do it. I also got the Free to Live book and tip cards after the first week. Our center has the old cookbooks on sale for $20 and I'm on the waiting list to get the new one, they said probably in March.

Have a good evening all,
Debbie

marbear
02-05-2006, 11:08 PM
My son got a Thomas starter kit today and I am just dreading this. I am very obsessive about getting into what my child is into...we have like 20 Maisy books and more in the mail because that is his favorite show. Luckily, there are very few Maisy toys ever made, so I can't go insane. Thomas is different. It's readily available and EXPENSIVE! I WISH I could come across some at a thrift store to add to his set, but I know it will never happen. If he keeps up with it, we will get him a train table for Christmas. Right now he's using our old coffee table and it's fine.

Tomorrow I will not be so naughty with the food situation...I have completely lost my focus!

Mary

Debster921
02-05-2006, 11:19 PM
Oh, BTW, I found the very LS herbox beef and chicken broth at Albertson's in the soup aisle where the dry soup mixes are on the top shelf. Almost missed it. I got the beef in the packets and the chicken in the loose granules. Hope that helps those still looking for it.

deetsmom
02-05-2006, 11:20 PM
My son got a Thomas starter kit today and I am just dreading this. I am very obsessive about getting into what my child is into...we have like 20 Maisy books and more in the mail because that is his favorite show. Luckily, there are very few Maisy toys ever made, so I can't go insane. Thomas is different. It's readily available and EXPENSIVE! I WISH I could come across some at a thrift store to add to his set, but I know it will never happen. If he keeps up with it, we will get him a train table for Christmas. Right now he's using our old coffee table and it's fine.

Tomorrow I will not be so naughty with the food situation...I have completely lost my focus!

Mary

My three boys are over the top with Thomas..it really hit my oldest one late and this Christmas EVERTHING they got was Thomas, its insane...they really get into all the different names of the engines and such and my kids spend hours playing the trains.

So how did the party go? What did you end up doing with the cake finally? Im sure he had a blast! When is his actual birthday? Gotta love 2 year olds, its such a great time:)

Rose21
02-06-2006, 08:09 AM
Hi Guys,

Glad to see you are all doing well and hopefully everyone did well yesterday during superbowl.

So far so good on the plan. No real big cheats. However, I have this huge dilema coming up. I'm going overseas for a business trip for a week and I feel so lost cause I don't know how I'm going to count my servings! Can't bring my scale with me! Don't know how they prepare their foods! I'm even dreading the airline food cause I don't really have a choice and I'll probably be hungry and have to eat the stuff! What to do? Any suggestions? Hopefully I'll have the internet to access you guys from there!

Thanks!
Rosie

PURPLEPIRATE99
02-06-2006, 09:09 AM
Suzanne - That is wonderful news that you got such great support from your COD!! That is what they are there for is to try to determine what is best for you and to help you get the weight off - Congrats on that victory!!! I hope you enjoy your trip to N. Carolina!!! I think it is beautiful - of course, I live there!

Debbie - That is wonderful progress!! I truly believe making that committment can help drastically - it just makes it easier!! :cheer: :dancer: Oh and thanks for the hints on the herbox soup mix - I'm still looking.....I think I may be looking in the wrong section. I've been looking where the boullion is - I will keep looking though. Not sure if that brand is just not in this area or what??

Mary - I'm so glad the party went well. Yes, I think they are making a fortune off of Thomas!! Of course, anything popular is just going to be outrageous b/c they know us parents are going to buy it for the kids....we just have to.

Rosie - I would think that they still have some simliar proteins as we do. I know that if you look at a piece of meat - the palm of your hand is supposed to be around 3 oz, so if nothing else - maybe you could use the "eyeing" weighing while your gone. Try to focus on the fruits and salads - that will keep you mostly OP - I would think. I would try to pack Lites/Lunas to take with you and anything else non-perishable you could take in your bag. Good luck!! I'm sure you will do great!!!

Shennie - Anticipating your weigh in post - hope I didn't miss it!!!

Well I did good yesterday - No mozzerella sticks for me - so the weekend was a great success. To go to the circus and the superbowl and not cheat was definitely a NSV for me. I did have an awesome dinner last night!! I have beef pinwheels that had peppers, spinach and some swiss cheese wrapped in the middle of the meat - It was soooo good!! Then on top of that I won $100 in a superbowl game we had a work. I got the score right for the first quarter!! It was pure luck, b/c none of the squares had any numbers until they were all purchased and then someone drew the numbers.....it was a wonderful suprise - Now, I just need to win that other money next wednesday. I know I won't have it this weds........

marbear
02-06-2006, 10:36 AM
Ok, the actual b-day is Saturday, which happens to be when we held the party. For the cake: I used to have a little business of making polymer clay sculpted beads on ebay, so I took my skills and supplies from that venture and made a polymer clay maisy. It looked spot on, because I have had oodles of times watching the darned thing..>I should be able to replicate it, right? Anyway, we put her on top of the cake with a bunch of hersheys kissables (candy coated mini kisses). The kids had so much fun eating the kisses off of their icing, and I let Eli eat all he kisses off the rest of the cake (you only turn 2 once).

This morning we had a grade a freakout over Thomas. Oy...is that what I can look forward to? He got out of bed and handed me his new elephant (my sister bought that vicariously through me) and then said "CHOO CHOO" and ran into the big boy room where we have put the track and trains on a coffee table (we'll get a train table if he sticks with it, but we're not investing that much into something that could be a passing fancy). Anyway, I told him he had to have breakfast downstairs first, and he freaked. While I was heating his breakfast, he managed to climb up the stairs and start playing with the trains anyway. TIME OUT, baby. Anyway, I asked if he wanted to watch Maisy and he said "no, choo choo." My lil heart broke right there. Around here Thomas only comes in 10 minute episodes, so I let him watch one I had tivoed for him and then put on Maisy...he was happy to watch her then.

BTW Deets, if you have a Michaels, ours carries Thomas stuff. I am thinking of taking their 40 percent off coupons and buying up Thomas stuff if he seems really into it (which he does). Maybe with their markup it doesn't help that much, because I don't know how much the trains SHOULD cost. I just know every time I looked for my nephew I was shocked and could only buy him a couple of things. My sister said I could have my nephews trains since they have outgrown it. They don't have much, but I'll take it, you know?

I dread this...I always get into what my kid gets into and now I'll be scouring the land for Thomas junk. UGH!
Mary

Leah AU mom
02-06-2006, 11:02 AM
Hi Everyone!! Hope you had a great Super Bowl Sunday. We had fun with friends, but I fell into temptation. In fact I am in need of a BIG kick in the butt. I only have about 12 lbs. to lose, but it might as well be 100. Why can't I do this this time. I stuck absolutely with the program the first few weeks with no cheats and the lbs. just crept off. I get so discouraged!!!!

Heather, Great job on the loss!! :carrot: I"m cheering for you to win that $$

Mary,
THe Maisy party sounds fun! Jackson (2.5) loves Thomas. He's using an old coffee table with plywood on top for a train table right now. Like you, we'll probably get him a train table if he sticks with it. Right now he loves to carry his engines around. I bought some THomas movies off ebay for about $3 each. He also loves to take his track apart all the time.
He also likes Bob the Builder and Buzz Lightyear.

Speaking of expensive toys, my daughters like American Girl dolls. Fortunately, my mom is really into that, so she gets them a lot of doll outfits for gifts and to have at her house when they take their dolls to play with Gran.

Deets, Looks like you are doing great!!

Repo, How do you make hummus?

Shennie...Good luck on the 150...Just curious, what is your goal?

Everyone else........Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

green0923
02-06-2006, 11:03 AM
Mary, word of advice on the Thomas stuff! DS LOVES all trains, and adores Thomas! If you can, avoid the wooden Thomas stuff, because it's so much more expensive! The wooden trains are about $10 each, while the plastic ones are only $3-4. And they are not interchangeable. Also, as for videos, we bought several Thomas videos (the old ones where George Carlin and Alec Baldwin do the narration) on overstock.com for much less than retail anywhere we could find them. Plus, overstock only charges like $2 for shipping. We did end up investing in a train table when DS turned 3, and it was worth it! But we waited until he showed interest for about a year (like you).

Suzanne, sounds like you did the right thing meeting with your counselor. I'm glad your center is working with you!

Debbie, my center gave me the VHS too, but we don't have a VCR. I traded with a friend who has a VCR but no DVD for a "Walk Away the Pounds" video. It is about 20 minutes with warm-up and cool down, and by the time you finish, you have done a power mile. It's much easier than I thought, and on days when it's too cold or rainy to walk outside, I do that video at home.

Rosie, wow, that is a big dilemma. I agree with Purple, the best you can do is probably to eyeball the food! And definitely pack non-perishables for the trip over, like raisins, or lites, or whatever you can. It will be a challenge, but you can do it!

Purple, congrats on the $100, and on doing so well with the mozza sticks! I know it's tough! We have food catered in frequently here at work, and I never really gave much thought until the last few weeks how unhealthy it really is!

Shennie, I'm with Purple ... any news on Saturday's weight?

I will WI at my center over lunch ... about 2 more hours! I'm excited. My scale showed me down again this morning -- but 6 hrs makes a big difference.

PURPLEPIRATE99
02-06-2006, 11:44 AM
Debbie - Thanks for the melba toast idea - I believe I had heard that from somoone too.....

Where do I find the melba toast - is it with all the other crackers? I think I bought some melba toast crackers - but they are garlic flavor - so I don't know if that would work just as well or not?? Any suggestions ladies??

Gamababa3
02-06-2006, 12:22 PM
Good morning ladies. Sorry don't have time to read all the posts I will tonight. I didn't want to get up this morning, so now I'm not going to the center to weigh either have to head straight to work. I packed a quick lunch last night and am choking down some cereal now, but have to get going. Wishing you all a POP day and will try and post tonight. I miss chatting with you all already:(

Repo girl
02-06-2006, 12:28 PM
Morning all! I have had an eventful morning all ready. DH took DS to school on his way to work, then the school calls to say that the kindergarteners do not have school today. They said that they forgot to send home a note. So I load my suburban up with a ton of kids and run into the school. On the way home, my car overheated. I only had about 3 blocks to get home when the light came on, but by the time I got here, steam was rolling off of the engine. Hope I did not do any damage to the motor. Superbowl started off well, ended not that good. I did not go crazy, but it could have been better. Oh, well. Today is a new day! Congrats to all of you who have done so well over the weekend!!

m_everett
02-06-2006, 12:31 PM
Happy Monday ladies!!!:p

Well, I had a pretty good weekend. Had WI on Saturday morning and lost 2.6 pounds since Wednesday. Woo hoo!!!!:carrot: I'm at 8.8 pounds lost since Jan 1st and my goal for the week is to get to 10 pounds lost!! I started TO today with the Knudsens juice so hopefully that will give me a little boost this week. Still haven't gone vitamin shopping yet- there's a GNC right NEXT to my center so I'll probably check it out tomorrow. I'm also starting to go back to Curves tomorrow- tried to go after WI on Sat but was already closed....I have to wake up earlier :^:

Way to go all you losers!!!! :carrot: :D :hug:
Have a great day everybody!!!

-Marisa ;)

PURPLEPIRATE99
02-06-2006, 12:33 PM
Katie - Sorry to hear about your bad morning. I do hope there is not damage to your truck!! That sucks they didn't bother to send a note home - that is crazy!!! I'm sure you will get back on track today - I had a very hard time resisting yesterday - but that $$ competition really kept my mind from going anywhere else!!! I can see how easy it would've been though - and I was at home....

Barbar - I hope you have a wonderful day at work. I'm sure you will impress them all!! Let us know how it went tonight!!!

Marisa - Congrats on your wonderful progress!! Keep up the good work - and hey give yourself credit about going to Curves - at least you tried - that is important and definitely a NSV!!!

Repo girl
02-06-2006, 12:40 PM
Heather- Money talks right? It must have a louder voice than food. Glad you guys had fun at the circus. Since DH works on Saturdays, I have been trying to take my kids somewhere interesting every Saturday. We have a planning meeting over breakfast, make a list, then get with it. This week we went to an airplane museum. The week before it was the library. Next week we are going to a matinee of Curious George, and the next week, the Natural History Museum to see a dinasour sea monster exhibit. My mom and sisters usually come with, so it makes it a little easier to take all of them. Luckily we live close to a bigger city, (big to Idaho, that is) because our town does not have much in the way of culture.

shennie_97
02-06-2006, 12:42 PM
Heather~ actually made it to 150.4, but then I went to a superbowl breakfast buffet and well let’s just say I was scared to weigh in this morning. I am going to weigh tomorrow after a lemon water filled day of light foods :bravo: on staying POP all weekend…way to go.

Suzanne~ so glad you go the help you needed

Debster~ I love making oven-fried and pan-friend foods with melba toast. My favorite in chicken nuggets…they are so crisp and crunchy, you will love it. I put my melba toast ina ziplock baggie and pound it with a mallet for a minutes and instant bread crumbs. I have also done fish before and it was great too.

Heather! You can find melba toast with the higher-end crackers …in my store it is a different ailse than the saltines and what-not.

Mary~ glad all of Eli’s party stuff turned out good.

Barb~ happy first day of work!!!

Leah~ my goal is 140, but I am aiming for a little under so that once I start weight training again and have a little salt here and there I will be 140…I hope to get to 135ish and I have until the first week of April so we will see.

Here is my latest social security rant. I finally get my son’s name stuff changed and I still get my return rejected because they say I have the wrong birthday, well I look at it and of course I know my birthday so I think, maybe some computer glitch and send it again, well it was rejected again and I called the social security office (wondering why does the IRS even need my birthday and why would I call social security about it anyway?) well anyhow back in 1980, someone added an extra 1 to my birthday so it is listed on there records as June 1, instead of June 11. After going to take a copy of my birthcertificate to the local office this morning (to prove that they messed up, I guess) they give me a letter that says it takes 6 WEEKS to verify that I am telling the truth (mind you , there computer says that before 1980, I was born on June 1st, so they know they messed it up) so I have the mortgage co calling me daily about earnest money so I asked the lady at the social security office and she said they won’t change the date until after they verify so I just filed my taxes today under my “fake” birthday. I hope it works, because I am sooo frustrated and I have to be out of my place by May 1 and I need to get this done. I am tempted to just have them roll the cost over into my loan, but I have to buy points then……I would say something bad about the govt. right now, but I am scared they might be watching me after how evil I was in the office today :devil: why me?!?

PURPLEPIRATE99
02-06-2006, 12:43 PM
Wow - Sounds like you guys are really doing some interesting things. I was actually impressed that Savannah sat through the entire thing. I could tell she was getting a little restless the last 15 minutes or so. She dropped her passy about 15 minutes after intermission - so that caused 15 minutes of whining, but then she was okay - we found it after the show was over!!! I would love to take her to a maintee - but I'm scared it would be a waste of money - I think maybe once she gets 2 1/2 - it might be a little better.....Oh, I ask you a question about the lemon water in the sodium thread - let me know if it is the whole lemon you squeeze and how much water you are using??

shennie_97
02-06-2006, 12:47 PM
heather, they have mommy matinees in my area, they are on Tuesdays and kids are required. see if you have them in your area, call your local theatre

Repo girl
02-06-2006, 01:12 PM
Okay, so I just got onto my bank's website to pay my house payment, and someone has already paid it, in cash. The bank has no idea who. They are going through their receipts from last Monday to try to figure out what happened. Probably someone meant to pay their own payment, and paid mine on accident. Especially since they overpaid by $150.00. I called my dad and asked him if he did that on accident, since we bank at the same place, but he said, no. The bank said that that payment should have showed up as a transfer from someone's account, but it doesn't. It just says, Loan Payment, which means that it was paid in cash. So weird. They are supposed to call me back within the hour. It would be great to not have to make my house payment this month, but I'm sure that won't happen, after all it was not my money that made the payment.

Debster921
02-06-2006, 01:35 PM
Morning ladies,
Katie- What a way to start the day huh?! At least to you were close to home and hopefully your suburban is ok.

Sheenie- I can't believe all the trouble you are having with the SS office. Of course leave it to the government to make everybody's life a little harder. Hopefully you can file with the fake info and get it straightened out soon.
I saw the recipe for the chicken nuggets, I will have to try them this week. There also was a recipe for breaded zuchinni, anybody try that yet??

Suzanne- Good for you on talking to you COD, we have awesome counselors at out center and I know it is so much better to go and be motivated when you have that kind of support.

Rosie- You can check with the airlines, sometimes they serve different meals for people with special food needs. You'll make right choices, just make sure to get lots and lots of water in. Will you have time to do some sightseeing while you are overseas?

I had a little personal victory yesterday, at work we were having a "meet the teachers" event for craft classes and one of the gals was decorating cookies for Valentines day. When I went on break, those dreaded cookies were in the breakroom begging to be eaten. I actually just pushed them to the other end of the table and didn't even give them a second look!!! A few weeks ago, I would have scarfed a couple down.

green0923
02-06-2006, 01:36 PM
Hey there, ladies!

Well, I WI and am down another 3.8 lbs since Friday! Woo hoo! :carrot: It sucks having so much weight to lose, but the good thing about having lots of weight to lose is that it tends to come off more quickly in the beginning and keep you inspired!

Repo, weird about the house payment! They should do a search in their accounts by the amount of money deposited into your account and payments due within the past week and this week. It shouldn't be THAT hard to find who it belongs to. (I used to work in banking, and this happened from time to time.) The other common thing was transposed account numbers (like if yours is 12345, theirs might be 12354 or something like that). Hopefully, though, it was just a good samaritan making a payment on your house! :) It sounds like you do such fun activities with your little ones! That's so great! And man, I can't believe they forgot to send a note! Your poor car!

Barb, GL on Day 1 of the job! You will be wonderful!

Heather, GL with the money! You are committed, so you can do it!

PURPLEPIRATE99
02-06-2006, 01:52 PM
Katie - Wow - let's hope that you don't have to pay that house payment and can take that money and do something nice for yourself - or catch up on christmas bills!!

Erin - :cheer: :dancer: - YOU GO GIRL!! THAT IS AWESOME - SEND some of those loser vibes my way!!!

Thanks ladies for the comments - I was proud of myself this weekend - it took alot to say know - but money is definitely motivating!!!

Oh, and at lunch - I FOUND THE HERB-OX CHIX packets - I was excited. They had the beef - but not in low sodium!! Whooo hoo - now I can make some chix noodle soup!!! Then when I get back to work I noticed that the recipe calls for cube steak - which I already bought - and then it is not in the protein list - I must have got it confused with club steak - Does anyone think it would hurt to have one meal with the cube steak if I use the melba toast for pan frying?? The recipe looks so good .....and I wanted to share with you chickies!!

stiesta
02-06-2006, 02:21 PM
Hello All,

I am new to this forum, and have to say I spent 3 hours reading all your past posts instead of watching the SuperBowl -- couldn't get away from you!

I joined LAWL the week before Thanksgiving and have lost 19 pounds (with 19 more to go). I am pretty much at the lowest I've been in my adult life, and feel lilke the rest is just going to come off so slowly. It's hard to be patient, but you all have inspired me! I am going to do it! Does anyone allow themselves a "cheat" meal or treat? I am just trying to figure out if that's feasible for me or not.

Again, thanks for all the great words and motivation!

Repo girl
02-06-2006, 02:24 PM
Wow!!! The money was correct, it was for an insurance overpayment. So I made double payments on the cars to put them ahead. Bonus for me!! I decided to use it for bills fast, or I would use it for something dumb, and be sorry later. I could not find the herbox, so I bought Wylers low sodium, but I don't think it is as low as herbox.

Erin, excellent loss! How exciting!

Repo girl
02-06-2006, 02:25 PM
Welcome Stiesta!!! Congrats on the 19 pounds. I know it hard when the losses slow down, but be patient if you can, they will come.

PURPLEPIRATE99
02-06-2006, 02:44 PM
:welcome: Stiesta - I know how hard it is to quit reading sometimes - it is just so great to have people that support you!! Congrats on the 19 lbs!! I'm about in the same boat as you - I think when you start on the downhill of the loss - it gets a little slower - but you can do it - just remember as long as the scale is moving in the right direction - so are you!!!

stiesta
02-06-2006, 03:08 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome, sistas! This is awesome!

Leah AU mom
02-06-2006, 03:13 PM
Heather, Just have to say..........you are so encouraging to everyone. Your posts are always so nice

Leah AU mom
02-06-2006, 03:14 PM
Welcome Stiesta!:wel3fc:

stiesta
02-06-2006, 03:15 PM
I hope it works, because I am sooo frustrated and I have to be out of my place by May 1 and I need to get this done. I am tempted to just have them roll the cost over into my loan, but I have to buy points then……I would say something bad about the govt. right now, but I am scared they might be watching me after how evil I was in the office today :devil: why me?!?

I know what you mean. When my son was born, my husband filled out the paperwork for his birth certificate. He has HORRIBLE handwriting, and whatever poor soul at the SS office could not read my husband's writing and misspelled my son's name. I had to file for an amended birth certificate and social security card, and anytime he needs to get copies of either, he has to tell them the "original" and also the "amended" names in order to verify it. It was a nighmare getting it straigthened out, not to mention draggin an infant to wait for an hour at the SS office. I feel your pain!

PURPLEPIRATE99
02-06-2006, 03:16 PM
Leah - Thanks - I just love to help encourage and see people succeed!!! I know I have alot of motivation right now - so it helps me to stay motivated as well - I just think all of us on here have a reason to be proud of ourselves!!! When I went to WW I always wanted to be a leader - to help others, but I could never get to my goal. That was always something I wanted in the end. I just enjoy being a motivator I guess.......Thanks for the comments - they mean alot!!

Oh I forgot to say also - that all the chickies on here have helped me too at one time or another - so I want to be able to return the favor if I can...

shennie_97
02-06-2006, 03:23 PM
thaks for the encouragement stiesta and :welcome: you will love it around here.

Heather, you are such a kind soul...I can only imagine that Savannah will be just like mommy;)

I must be full of waterfrom that salt yesterday..I have been to the bathroom with a FULL bladder 5 times in the past 4 hours and that is with me trying to hold it. I also have gotten in 76 oz of water so far, but I ussaly drink about 50 by now and I still don't go like this.

I made some chicken for my salad for lunch and the smell of chicken just was not working for me today. I have to think of something to eat later to make up for the missed protein, but I just couldn't do it.

I finally found some of the Ken's salad dressing that the LAWL success book mentions and it is delicious:carrot:

Repo girl
02-06-2006, 04:04 PM
I used the Morningstar Steak Strips to make stir fry for lunch. It was really good. Mary, I also made your berry pita cobbler. YUM!

PURPLEPIRATE99
02-06-2006, 04:21 PM
Shennie - Please do shed some light on the Ken's salad dressing - is it any of the Ken's Lite ones? Just wondering - I always like spicing things up with different flavors. I was at the store the other day and I've always been a ranch or honey mustard girl, but I love that ginger dressing at the japenese steakhouses - I wonder if they sale that anywhere as low sodium?? haha - yea right!!!

Katie - Those steak strips were going to be my next adventure in the veggie proteins.....and is that berry pita cobbler in the recipes?? I don't remember it, but I know Mary posts alot of her stuff in the "friends" thread too??

marbear
02-06-2006, 04:31 PM
Try the Hellman's Honey Mustard in a squirt bottle (near the reg. mustard in the sandwich fixings aisle). It is so good and has about 15 cal a tablespoon (pretty low sodium from what I remember.

Mary

Gamababa3
02-06-2006, 04:50 PM
I all at lunch. This company makes you take a hour lunch and everyone is gone out of the office but me. So I sit and type. Today has gone by pretty slow and it's only 12:45. They won't let you play a radio so I'm sitting in silence. It's only the first day so I'm sure after the first couple of weeks it will get better.

Stiesta welcome you will find this site a GREAT place to visit often.

Thank you everyone for the well wishes on my first day at a new job.

Erin congrats on the almost 4lbs weight loss that's great news!

Heather congrats on doing well at SB. I know it's hard not to give in to temptation. Oh yeah for winning the $100 extra bonus:) I did pretty good, but not perfect. I did try some of the 7 layer bean dip with about 4 chips and then ate my cheese and crackers. They made a roast and baked potatoes so I had that for dinner with a salad. Since I didn't make it to the center today I weighed at home and was only down .8 ozs. I think I'll weigh in tomorrow if I have time, if not I might stretch it out this week. I have stayed on plan today. Glad you found the bouillon, but surprised they didn't have the low sodium.

Shennie so sorry to hear about the hassles your still going through with the SS office. I sure hope you don't have more problems with the IRS.

Repo happy the bank figured out the problem and the money should be in your acct and not someone else's.

Hi to everyone else I might have missed. Off to find something else to do for another longggg half hour.

Repo girl
02-06-2006, 04:54 PM
The honey mustard is great, I agree. The berry cobbler is 3/4 c mixed frozen berries microwaved for 4-5 minutes. They get really juicy and hot. Mix in one packet of splenda, and crumble in 1 ww pita. Stir well, and let sit for a few minutes for the pita to soak up the juice. Then of course, top with FF Cool Whip. F,S, Condiment

PURPLEPIRATE99
02-06-2006, 05:02 PM
Barb - Oh, I did find the Low sodium in the chicken - they just didn't have it in the beef. Sorry your day is going so slow - but hopefully after you get a schedule down pat - it will go alot quicker!! It is weird to see you post and it is lunch time and I'm preparing to leave before long!!

Katie - Forgot to say AWESOME about the money -those kind of suprises are the best!! Thanks for posting that berry recipe - that sounds sooooo yummy.....

Mary - i will have to try that one too - I've been buying the Ocharley's reduced fat honey mustard dressing from Super Target - it is wonderful!!!
I've been searching online for the Japanese ginger dressing - found several recipes - now the trick is to figure out how to make it OP - I don't think it will be too hard, but I don't think it is something I would be able to have on a regular basis either.

hkychik
02-06-2006, 05:21 PM
Welcome, Stiesta! You will find this a great place to be - I've only been here a week, and already it's like a second home to me!

WooHOO! It seems silly to be excited about .6 loss at WI today, but I was just happy I lost. I've got TOM coming next week, and with the superbowl yesterday (YAY Steelers!) I thought I might have overdone it on the starches and sodium. I did get chastised for drinking juice from concentrate - too much sugar, but it is sooo hard to find "not from concentrate" juice, and I'm just not a fruit eater. I bought their mixed berry smoothie powder today - it seemed a little slimey (graphic image here - kinda like snot :barf: ) but after I added some strawberries and a TBS of FF Coolwhip, it was pretty good!

Hope everyone has a POP day!

Repo girl
02-06-2006, 05:24 PM
WTG Lori, a loss is a loss in my book!

I just tried the berry icebreakers. They are soooo good. With OP candy like this, who needs anything else?

PURPLEPIRATE99
02-06-2006, 05:27 PM
Katie - that is funny b/c today at lunch - I bought the other sour ones - they are good too - just be careful - b/c they will irritate the top of your mouoth if your not careful. I had bought a container of the tangerine - the ones that have the mints and the gum - and I ate the whole thing - only about 15 mints - but still - the roof of my mouth was so sore - but they were soooo good. I bought some of the berry too this weekend - but haven't tried them yet!!! Go ICEBREAKERS!!!

I'm headed to the gym - See you chickies later!!!

brittyboo07
02-06-2006, 05:40 PM
Afternoon Chickies!!!!!

Wow we have been talkative today lol. Thats what i like to see just takes me a little while to get caught up. I have decided that i need to spice things up a little bit with my food. I think im starting to get into that same old boring routine. I am a bit hungry this afternoon and i think thats because i had a light lunch but im still POP for the say. Kind of trying to figure out what i want to do with dinner tonight. I feel a cheat coming on but I really have to stay POP this week cause this weekend my boyfriend and I are going out of town our V-Day because its during the week and we dont live in the same city and our schedule is really busy with school and work lol. I will be staying OP as much as possible but I might let myself have a treat if he will let me lol he has been after me to stay POP and i love him for it so its all good. I will try to post Wed, Thursday and Friday night but wont be able to during the day as I will be in a Kindergarten class all day long!!!!!!!!

Rosie~
Where are you going on your trip? For the most part be sure to take your bars as some of the other chicks have already said and make sure you drink lots of water!!! Other than that you will just have to do your best with your food choices when you have them. Dont forget to tell your center you will be out of town/country and to put you on hold for a week and ask them for some tips. Put them to work thats what we are paying them for right??? lol

Mary~
How cute sounds like yall had lots of fun and little boys always love trains however girls are wishy washy on trains lol I was always scared of them as a really young child.

Gama~
Hope you have a better second half of the day at work. Thats nice that you can get online during your lunch hour.

Katie~
Sorry to hear about the car hope everything is alright. GL on being POP today!! WOW on your house payment thats a brighter side to the day huh.

Marisa~
WTG I dont remember if I posted this or not yet but i talked to the pharmacists on Friday at Sam's and he recommended One A Day for Women because it has extra calcium which we really need on this plan. Does anyone else feel like we dont get enough dairy????

Shennie~
Sorry you are having all these problems with the SS dept. But on the upside that means you can have two birthday parties this year right???? :woo:

Erin~
WTG!!!!!!!!!!!!:carrot:

Heather~
WTG on being so goooooooooood this weekend!!!!!! :carrot:

To all the Newbies :welcome:

Ok im off to see if i can find a fruit to eat .......

Repo girl
02-06-2006, 06:09 PM
I often wonder about the dairy, too. Especially after seeing all of the advertisements recently about dairy and weight loss.

You weekend with your BF sounds like a lot of fun!

marbear
02-06-2006, 07:06 PM
Trains: Eli has crawled up the stairs alone 3 times today. It is a big no-no even though he can manage them well. I like to be with him. He has waited until I went to the bathroom or was fixing food for us and then he snuck up to play with the too-too (how he says choochoo). I halfway regret it for that reason, but I am glad he gets joys from it.

Britt, I wish I could just do a perma-sub on the protein for dairy. Looking at the nutrition facts, I am wondering if the lites aren't manufactured to replace dairy. Hear me out:
8 oz 1percent milk:

Calories 105 ( Kilojoules 440 )
% Daily
Value*
Total Fat 2.4 g 4%
Saturated Fat 1.5 g 7%
Cholesterol 10 mg 3%
Sodium 127 mg 5%
Total Carbohydrates 12.2 g 4%
Dietary Fiber 0 g 0%
Sugars -
Protein 8.5 g
Calcium 313.6 mg
Potassium 396.9 mg
____________-
Therefore, if we had 3.5 cups of 1percent milk extra per day instead of lites, they would equal 365 calories 25.5 grams of protein, 8.5 grams fat...sounds similar to 2 lites, huh?

marbear
02-06-2006, 07:11 PM
Ok, this has been hurting my feelings for today. Eli's weight was 95percentile and height was 75th percentile. That is too fat apart. THe doctor said his bmi was in the 90th percentile, which isn't good. The kid barely eats, so I guess I am going to have to measure out his milk (and switch from 2percent to 1percent the doctor said). I am so strict on juice and junk, yet this is happening anyway!!! Anyway, he eats a really good breakfast of a 150 cal beef sausage pattie (the only meat he will eat all day), a waffle or pancake (100 calories) and half a banana with milk. Lunch is iffy, but he does manage to eat some (usually fruit with peanut butter or lowfat cheese as the protein and maybe a couple of crackers or something for the bread). Afternoon snack is something like 4 pb crackers or a cereal bar. Dinner he never except for the fruit I will offer (and sometimes not even that). What am I doing wrong? I got on this diet to model for him, and now I am losing weight and he is gaining a disproportionate amt. to his height.

Mary

stiesta
02-06-2006, 07:24 PM
Mary - how old is your child? I think sometimes docs tend to get a little bit worked up. I have three kids and when their weight seems to be growing faster than their height, they usually catch up eventually. All you can do is what you're doing, which sounds great! Don't beat yourself up.

I agree with the milk thing. I have wondered why we eat so little calcium. Interesting...

I have been POP today (after 2 days on the FF program) and am feeling good. I need a big loss this week as my motivation is lacking. Thanks to ya'll for the inspiration!

Go chicas!

pinkflamingo68
02-06-2006, 07:28 PM
Hi all-I posted in the Roll Call but thought I'd come in here, too to say hello. I'm 37, married, in Texas. I started the plan a week ago and am LOVING it. I was very skeptical at first (cost, bars, scam accusations) but so far it's been great. Any plan has some drawbacks.

I have read lots of your posts for inspiration and guidance this past week - I look forward to getting to know you all better!

Thanks,
Ange

hkychik
02-06-2006, 07:54 PM
Oh, Mary, I would love if that's how it worked out: milk for LA bars. I am SOOOO missing my milk - it's the hardest part of this plan for me. Even harder than giving up the Mtn. Dew (which I did cold turkey - YIKES). My family of 4 used to drink 10 gallons of milk per week - we joked about buying a cow!:moo: .

Welcome aboard, Ange. You'll find this a great place to be!

deetsmom
02-06-2006, 08:02 PM
Hey there:)
I know you are really busy lately and probably dotn have much time for working out, LOL! But, how did you find Turbo Jam? Do you like it? I saw the infomercial for the first time today and it looks a lot like Tae Bo, which is ok, I just get bored of it. I will start back exercising one of these days, LOL!!!

shennie_97
02-06-2006, 08:06 PM
Heather~ I think most of the Ken’s items are low sodium and they have fat free. I had never been able to find it, but I was at a grocery store by DBF’s and thought I would try again and I found the whole collection!

Barbra~ glad the job is turning out all right, I don’t know how you do it without a radio though, I cut mine on the second I get in.

Hykchick~ Indiana summer makes an apple juice that is not from concentrate and Tropicana and Florida’s best are both not from concentrate too.

Britt~ I love kindergarteners, they are so oblivious to the bad world around them and everyone is their best friend. You know I don’t like milk so I don’t really get in much dairy anyhow, but every time I see one of the 3 a day commercials I really wonder if LAWL is too little in the dairy dept. also in “real life” is vanilla ice cream a diary?

Mary~ from the pic you posted of Eli he looked about average child size. You are doing excellent and he seems to have well-balanced meals. Also don’t forget that kids do kind of stretch out some and get leaner between about 2 and 4 years old, so good for you for being so concerned, but I think nature will take care of most of it.

:welcome: pink

Hey Deets~ missed you, you were MIA for a while. I do like turbojam, but I am not doing it as much as I should…just plain old tired most nights. It is fun and if it is the same set I have, it comes with a lot. I got 8 workouts I think, maybe 9.

Leah AU mom
02-06-2006, 09:44 PM
If you like Ken's olive oil vinaigrette dressing, there is a great recipe you might like
Black Beans
white corn
red pepper
green onions
cumin
Ken's Olive oil vinaigrette
For LAWL....measure the portions for protein (beans) corn et.
THis is a great black bean salsa

marbear
02-06-2006, 10:04 PM
My sister does something like that with black beans, rice, cilantro, lime juice, and tomatoes. Even though I hate black beans, am indifferent to rice, and am funny about how I will eat tomatoes, It is AWESOME.

Thanks for the support about my son...he was at his 2 year checkup. I seem to think my nephews plumped up a little before a height growth spurt, so I hope that is what is going on. The kid eats like a bird the majority of the time. I have decided to switch him to skim milk like the doc said and I bought a water bottle at target for 50 cents which I will use to measure out 24 oz of milk for the day. I already give him the rec. 4 oz or less of juice, but that is much easier to keep track of than 24 oz. Once his milk jug is emptied, it's water for the rest of the day (maybe one glass of crystal light if I have it made up). I got on this diet primarily to be a great example of healthy living for him, so I am not about to let his weight become an issue for him. It is my job to do what I can, and perhaps he has been getting too much milk (I feel like he is asking for it a lot lately). I don't think he's "fat" or "overweight" but I do think he is laying groundwork that will affect his weight later in life, so I want him to lay healthy groundwork. I checked the turkey sausage and it was almost as fattening as the beef sausage patty. I don't think 150 calories is too bad, esp since breakfast his the one meal he eats really well.

Mary

slimmerKim
02-06-2006, 10:47 PM
Hi Mary -

I have 3 kids, and I'm also a parent educator (I make home visits to parents w/ kids age birth to age 3).

And I think it's kind of odd that your doctor gave you the BMI for your 2 year old. You shouldn't even be worrying about # of calories and 150 calorie meals. Generally a child this age will not overeat. The tummy sends messages to the brain to tell it that he is full. I know you said he doesn't eat much, so I would not try to limit the food at all. You can always have healthier snacks etc... but remember that FAT for an infant/toddler serves a REAL purpose. It creates a coating over the synapses (connections) in the brain and that makes them permanent. Crystal Light has artificial sweetener in it and children don't need to be exposed to that - plain water is better!

I do understand having to limit the milk - that may also make him eat more. I have a few parents on my caseload who have to do this (or give them the milk AFTER they eat). And going to skim milk is fine as long as he's getting some "good" fat like peanut butter :)

Anyway - sorry to jump in here - 95%/75% do not seem too far apart to me!

deetsmom
02-06-2006, 10:56 PM
I agree Kim...my youngest is a big milk drinker too and we were advised to do the "after you eat your food" route with him and now he knows. My ped recommends a switch to 2% at 2yrs of age, we have ours on 1% but he eats peanut butter every day and lots of whole fat cheese, etc. His percentages sound fine to me as well. with my three boys, they have all had such different percentle readings and you know what? They all even out at some point and as long as they are eating healthy, no worries:)

slimmerKim
02-06-2006, 11:17 PM
Deets - are you moving on to stabilization this week? Or at the end of this week?

I'll go in this week and then next, and then I'll go to stabilization as well!

Gamababa3
02-06-2006, 11:31 PM
Hi Ladies, by now you some are of you are getting ready for bed and I just got home about an hour ago. Let's just say I wasn't impressed with my first day at all. I was so excited to come home to a phone message for a company that I had applied for. There letting me come in and interview next Thurs after work. I have never had such a bad feeling for a company after the first day. There will be times they want me to work till 6-7 at night and not get paid for it, which I understand, but then when I asked what if I need to leave a couple of hours early for an appt, they had the nerve to tell me I would have to put in a request to have them dock me 2 hrs. So they want you to work more for them, but they can't work with you in the same manner. Most of what they do are so out dated you have to fill out a form for just about everything and there are so many steps to just process an order. I told my husband I should have known the interview process went to easy now is the real test of the company. Shennie I agree with you I can't stand to be with out a radio playing. I have never worked for a office position where you couldn't have one as long as it was low. I was thinking how would I make it through the Christmas holidays with now Christmas music. Sorry to ramble on I'm just so disappointed that I gave up my unemployment and was happy for this company. Lets pray tomorrow is better. Hope you all had a great day and I'll chat with you as soon as I can. Hopefully I will make it to weigh in tomorrow.

Repo girl
02-07-2006, 12:47 AM
Barb, sorry your first was disappointing. That sucks. Hope tomorrow is better!!

Mary, I agree with the other girls. Don't stress about it. Eli is fine. My 4 year old is so tiny that she does not even register on the height chart, and her weight is at the 5th percentile. WIC scared me so bad about her size one time that I went straight to our Dr. with her. He told me that height weight charts do not really mean that much with little children, and not to be concerned. On Eli eating like a bird, ask him to make a fist. His stomach is about the size of that little fist. That is why little kids need to eat often, because they cannot eat a whole lot at a time. You are doing a great job with Eli.

Deets, How is Ultra Strict going?

Welcome Pink!!!

Kim- Stabilization? Wow, can't wait to get there!!

Have a great POP night everybody!!!! Katie

deetsmom
02-07-2006, 01:05 AM
Deets - are you moving on to stabilization this week? Or at the end of this week?

I'll go in this week and then next, and then I'll go to stabilization as well!
No..they gave me two free weeks with a more restricted plan using themeal replacement shakes and TO juice once a day to see if that will do it...

deetsmom
02-07-2006, 01:06 AM
Barb, sorry your first was disappointing. That sucks. Hope tomorrow is better!!

Mary, I agree with the other girls. Don't stress about it. Eli is fine. My 4 year old is so tiny that she does not even register on the height chart, and her weight is at the 5th percentile. WIC scared me so bad about her size one time that I went straight to our Dr. with her. He told me that height weight charts do not really mean that much with little children, and not to be concerned. On Eli eating like a bird, ask him to make a fist. His stomach is about the size of that little fist. That is why little kids need to eat often, because they cannot eat a whole lot at a time. You are doing a great job with Eli.

Deets, How is Ultra Strict going?

Like everything else, I get used to it rather quickly. The meal replacements shakes are tasty ad with TWENTY grams of protein, they DO fill you up...so far, so good...

thnknthn
02-07-2006, 03:49 AM
:welcome3: Ange!

Hello Ladies Hope you all got thru SuperBowl OP! I dont know how but I did and I stayed OP and I did not have any margaritas:(...

Hope every one has a good nite and see you in the mornin'

PURPLEPIRATE99
02-07-2006, 09:10 AM
Good Morning Chickies!!!

Well I will start by staying I cheated a little last night and I felt horrible. I got home from the gym and Savannah was eating some goldfish. My DH was cooking supper, but it wasn't even close to being finished. So I thought - well, I only had 1/2 starch for breakfast this morning, so I can have a few - that shouldn't hurt - Well I had a few, then a few more- then a few more. I ended up having at least about 50 which is one serving ~150 cals -which isn't bad, but I felt bad. I just needed something - I felt so weak and couldn't wait till dinner. I already ate my fruits for the day - I should've just had my luna instead, but I didn't. Then I ate supper and felt soooooo full. I did skip my last luna which would've equaled out in calories, but not the right Protein.

I figured I would do the right thing and confess to my chickies this morning - I'm going to be POP today though. I'm not letting it get me down - I've done really good lately -

So, off to the personals.....

Britt - Sounds like you have a wonderful weekend planned with DBF - Hope you have a wonderful time.

Shennie - I like what Britt said about celebrating your birthday twice. Hopefully the tax return will go through without any problems. You will probably have to answer questions later - maybe 2 years from now when they get around to reviewing it......(*that happened to me ) just keep all that paperwork from the SS.

:welcome: Ange!!! you will love these chickies - they are all wonderful and full of support!!!

Bernadette - Congrats on doing so good through the Superbowl!!! and way to go about not giving into the margaritas!!!

Barbara - I'm so sorry to hear about the disappointing day at work. Hopefully the other opportunity will come through for you - I've been there before. I spent 13 weeks at a job I absolutely hated, but luckily I landed the job I'm at now and absolutely love it - I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers - and hope that you get that other job you're interested in. Good luck at weigh in - maybe that will cheer you up - b/c I'm sure you will have a loss - you've done awesome!!!

Deets - Missed you - Glad you're doing well on the strict plan - hopefully that will help you get off those last stubborn pounds and then you can go to Stabilization.....

Mary - I agree with the other chickies - he looks totally healthy to me and the advice and information from SlimmerKim really makes sense. I think b/c we concentrate so much on what we eat ourselves that we push it to our kids as well. My DD has lowfat cheese - not the real kind. I get the reduced fat crackers/chips - everything - b/c I'm so scared she will get chubby and not have a good self esteem like I did. I know kids can be so cruel to each other in school.

Slimmerkim - Thanks for the wonderful information about the kids eating. I didn't know that artificial sweetner was "bad" for the kids. My DD loves our tea which is made with splenda - she doesn't get too much though - is that bad? Should I try to make her regular tea? I guess I'm so paranoid about her getting big - that I try to limit her fat, but I guess that is not a good idea. I will take all your advice/information into consideration. She is a healthy eater - but she is very tall for her age, so her height and weight equal out really well -

stiesta - You will get that loss this week - just keep your head up!!!

Katie - Good morning Chickie!!!!

Leah - Thanks for the recipe - unfortunately black beans make me have this terrible odor that comes from my backside - :rolleyes: :nono: :barf: Makes my DH want to hide outside - hahahahahaha
so I hope someone else enjoys your recipe idea........

To anyone I missed - Good morning and here's to a POP day :cheers: for everyone!!!!:dancer:

marbear
02-07-2006, 09:58 AM
slimmerkim-thanks for all the tips...just so you don't worry, he is not eating 150 calorie meals...the sausage patty I let him have for breakfast every morning is 150calories, then he gets a waffle or pancake plus fruit and milk with that. It is the only meal a day he will consistently eat, and sine sausage is the only meat he will eat I let him do it once a day. DH is upset that he eats increasingly smaller meals throughout the day, but that is how the rest of the world eats and I'm not about to discourage it. They say it is one of the reasons we Americans are so darned overweight...skipping breakfast or having a puny breakfast.

He's 2 years old and in 2t clothing (I even had to take in his 2t adjustable pants to a smaller setting). The BMI thing really scared me, but he LOOKS like a normal kid (definitely on the solid side, but not pudgy). I just hate seeing a fat kid sucking on a kool aid bottle and stuff like that. I want to teach him how to eat healthy foods. My dad actually encouraged me to eat chips and coke vs juice and healthier foods whenever he took me to the gas station to visit with his buddies (they congregated there). I guess it's because it was cheaper, but it's one of those things that stuck with me. Now I have this attitude of "why would I eat healthy when there is junk food available."

By the way, I took a pregnancy test (first response) like the dr. suggested to see if I am going back to normal. If it came up positive, I had to go visit her tomorrow. Guess what-2 pink lines as bright as you please. UGH...Kinda weird to be UPSET that you're showing up positive, but in this case it just means I have to wait longer and longer to try (and may still end up with that dumb surgery).

Mary

PURPLEPIRATE99
02-07-2006, 10:02 AM
Mary - So sorry to hear about the positive. I really hope that your body will do what it needs to take care of things naturally so you don't need the surgery - I will still keep you in my thoughts and prayers...

shennie_97
02-07-2006, 10:47 AM
Mary, you know what is best for Eli you see him everyday not just quarterly for a shot and weigh-in. Keep the faith about your health, you are just being prepared for a wonderful miracle, just wait and it will show up.

Slimmerkim~ were do you work do you work for a PAT office?

Barb~ :hug: My last job I was hired on the spot and thought the interview went pretty bad, but I soon figured out why was hired on the spot and was glad to say goodbye to them. (had the similar issue with overtime requirements) Do what is best for you, you have to have peace of mind and nothing is worth loosing it.

Heather~ that was a great choice for a cheat, we give those to the kids all the time for healthy snacks and I often can’t resist

Ok, finally weighed this morning and I was at the same weight from Sunday…150.4, so I am not too bad off, but even though, I keep kicking myself because if I didn’t cheat I could have been in the 140’s by now.

I have to head down to Indianapolis this afternoon for Social Work LEAD day in the morning where we get to meet with representatives and talk issues at the State house. I also have to go to DSs DARE graduation this afternoon at 1PM, and they are having pizza. I am pretty sure they will get it from Little Ceasar’s (so it will be soaking with grease) I will dab away the grease and slowly eat one piece though for a CC.

Tonight I don’t know were we will end up eating, but I will be sure they serve a grilled chicken salad and I hopefully I will be ok tomorrow.

Question: when you know you will be eating out twice in a day I know it is important to have more water, but should I wait to drink a lot more water this afternoon/ evening. I have a 2 hour drive to Indy and we are carpooling so I don’t want to have to constantly ask to stop, so I think I will try to get in 40-50 oz before 2PM and then will start back up with another 40-50 when we get down there at about 6Pm, what do you think? I just want to see the 140’s.

Tee625
02-07-2006, 10:55 AM
Hello ladies .... Hope everyone has a POP day. I had a bad week last week and now I'm up 2lbs. I need to make sure I stay POP this week so I can lose it. It's amazing how it takes two weeks to lose 2lbs and 2 days to gain it back.

I've been trying to post a picture but I keep getting a message saying the upload has failed. The picture is in the size requirements I'm not sure what's wrong. Can any one help?

m_everett
02-07-2006, 11:02 AM
Hello there chickies..... How is everyone doing on this fine Tuesday morning?!?!? I'm feeling pretty tired myself today. I'm on day 2 of TO (knudsens) so I'm really hoping that it'll payoff at WI tonight. I can't wait to get back OP tomorrow. TO really makes me feel run down....blah....
I started working out again last night and boy am I feeling it today....it does feel good to get my body moving again.:tread: :ebike: :strong:

Hope everyone has a great OP day!!!:D

-Marisa ;)

Tee625
02-07-2006, 11:05 AM
Sheenie, I think that's a good idea to hold off on the water while your on the road so your car mates won't get upset.

shennie_97
02-07-2006, 11:16 AM
NSV, I pulled out a pair of pants this morning, thinking I might be able to get into them (haven't fit them comfortably in at least 6-7 years) and then put them down and was in a hurry when I ended up putting them on. so i was sitting in the car realized, wow, they went on so easy I didn't even notice putting them on, no struggle what so ever..my leg just went right in.

Tee~ I have to spend the night with these ladies so i though it was best not to upset them ;)

Rebeca
02-07-2006, 11:21 AM
Hellow guyz!!! I went to the center yesterday and happy to see that I lost the 2lbs i gained! It has been so hard to go out with friends and have fun with all the lettuce in my place while everyone else is having martinis with mozzarella sticks and steaks with jacksauce!!! Anyways, I finally lost it and with my crazy schedule is hard to find time to cook something really good. WOrking from 8 until 5 then school from 5:30 until 9:30 is just not easy! Then on the weekends I have other jobs to take care of!!!

While eating about the children's habits of eating I realized that the reason I am not able to deal with food is because I was forced to eat when i was not hungry! As a little kid I was very skinny and my mother (as all mothers do) thought I was too skinny and therefore unhealthy! Being skinny or chunky at such young age is not a sign of heath! Kids will grow out of their baby fat and there is absolute nothing parents can do about it!

Please take your children's food seriously! Dont make them eat too little or too much! Let them recognize when they are hungry and when they have enough! Otherwise your children will be struggling with their weight just like we are!

Make them believe that they are perfect just like they are and they do not have to be a size 0 to be beautiful!!!

Have a great day chicks!!!

PURPLEPIRATE99
02-07-2006, 11:53 AM
I just have to say Rebeca - about the kids eating - that is exactly what I'm doing. I don't make her eat anything - I let her choose when she is full and I let her choose when she wants something else. I don't keep alot of junk around, but I do have a few heathlier snack options for her other than fruits, yogurt, good stuff. I don't want her to be part of the "clean plate club" like I was forced to do - She knows when she doesn't want anymore food - and she is a healthy girl. She has spurts where she eats more than others, but she doesn't drastically lose or gain - she is very consistent.....I just don't want to be too strict on her as far as having everything low fat and reduced fat just b/c I'm scared she will gain. The best thing for me to teach her is healthly eating and portion control when she needs help!!! You are so right!!!
Congrats on the loss as well.

Marisa - Congrats on the workout!! I think that will help even more with the TO results!!

Shennie - I think you have planned so well. I would definitely try to get in the extra water. I would try to get in as much as possible within reason and then stop drinking heavy about 2 - 2.5 hours before you leave. That should give your bladder time to release any extra without having to stop too much. I think your idea about the pizza is great. Dont worry honey - you will see those 140's - your body just wants to test you and see how serious you are - hahahahah - like you haven't already showed it. Thanks for the comments about the goldfish. I knew they weren't too bad, it was just the guilt of knowing I shouldn't have had them, but they were soooooooo good. I really did enjoy them.

Tee - Good luck on getting that 2 lbs off - you can do it.....and I agree with the part about you gaining so much quicker than loosing. I guess that is the part of life that just isn't fair - no matter how you look at it. It is kind of like having to work 5 days and being off for only 2 - whoever came up with that idea wasn't thinking clearly.....

Gamababa3
02-07-2006, 12:14 PM
Repo, Heather & Shennie thank you for your thoughts towards me and this job I do appreciate it.

Shennie so happy your able to fit in your smaller pants and they go on so easy now, great feeling I can't wait to be there.

Heather sorry to hear about your cheat, but you are a very strong person and I know you will put this behind you and be right back on program. Hand in there. I thought your comment about the black beans was so funny. I made the red beans again on Sat and my grand daughter won't eat them said they make her toot to much. Her Mom agrees as Jasmyne usually stinks up their apt.

Tee I'm sure the 2lbs you gained will come off quickly hang in there. As for the pic I had that problem to. You have to have a program to resize your pic smaller for it to work. The one of mine now is from my camera phone.

Rebeca Congrats on your loss. Great words of wisdom. My grand daughter eats healthier then most of us. I'm happy she likes the healthy things plus in preschool they give them healthy choices also.

Well here is my update on this job. I sat here getting ready this morning and it dawned on me they have no proof I work for them as they haven't done my orientation yet, so they don't have my SS# or my DL # and I haven't signed any paper work, except for an email with my name saying I received a stapler, tape etc. They want to make sure I don't take anything when I leave. Well my thoughts were is not to go in. I talked with my husband this morning and he said I'm more important then any job and as long as I can still get unemployment he is ok with that. I did call the unemployment office yesterday and gave them the company's name and phone number, but I called this morning and the other women said to just come to my job. I'm pretty sure there's not much the company can do to prove I worked for them. They did set me computer up and I typed an email, but that is about it. What do you guys think? I don't want to go back. I did leave my scroll mouse and three pics there, so I'm going to have to ask them for them back. I know I'm not going to get paid for my long day yesterday, but I'm ok with that it just opened my eyes to asking a lot more questions before I accept a job again.

Repo girl
02-07-2006, 12:17 PM
Morning everybody! Having a POP day. We had a sleepless night with kids in our bed and stuff, so all I feel like doing is laying on the couch. Has anyone ever tried the bun and thigh roller? I am thinking about buying one. I made something really good last night. I found this website that gives you six dinner recipes a week, along with a shopping list for the grocery store. I chose the low carb options, and made the first meal last night. It was called turkey vera cruz. It was divine. The site is savingdinner.com. All of the recipes that I am making this week can be adapted to LAWL easily, and my family loves nice meals.

Gymgurl
Hey girls....sorry I have been so busy the last couple days! I had weigh in this am and stayed the same...this is good since TOM started yesterday morning.....but still OP and doing pretty good...caught my daughters cold...so I m going to lay down and will be back later!!

Gymgurl
OMG we have one daughter left that has to be in bed with us everynight...will fall asleep in her own but ends up in ours.....lol

Repo girl
02-07-2006, 12:21 PM
Thats how my daughters are too. They bring their dog in with them too. Picture a queen size bed with 2 adults, a 4 year old, a 3 year old, a great dane, a chihauhau, and chocolate lab. IT DOES NOT WORK!!!

PURPLEPIRATE99
02-07-2006, 12:29 PM
OMG - you ladies have me laughing.... Savannah always ALWAYS ends up in our bed. Sometimes it is 11: 00 and sometimes it is 2:00 - but she always makes it in there. She whines - her Daddy goes to get her - and VOILA - there she is, but I have to say - I so enjoy snuggling with my baby...she is so precious!!!!

Repo girl
02-07-2006, 12:31 PM
Yeah, wait till she is almost 5 and still thinks that your bed is hers!!

PURPLEPIRATE99
02-07-2006, 12:33 PM
yes, that is exactly what I'm dreading....I have a young sister in law - that slept with her parents until she was 10!!!!!

Oh, Repo - I just looked at that site - did you order those menus?? I saw it was 9.95 for like a 3 month trial?? what did you do??

green0923
02-07-2006, 12:41 PM
Ugh! You guys are cracking me up about the kids sleeping in bed! That is one habit we have THANKFULLY not gotten into. We had some other issues (rocked DS to sleep until he was 15 months, did not make him sleep in his big boy bed until he was 3 yrs, etc.), but luckily, every transition we have tried to make has worked really easily. With DD, we have been trying to do everything right ... but life just gets in the way, doesn't it? :)

Repo, you made me laugh so hard, thinking about you in bed with DH, 2 little ones, and 3 dogs ... I just can't imagine! :)

Gamababa3
02-07-2006, 12:45 PM
Jasmyne still sleeps with her Mom and she just turned 5. Every time she starts to sleep in her bed she will get up in the middle of the night and crawl back in with her Mom. I told my daughter why doesn't she take her back to her own bed and she says that she doesn't feel or here her come in. I sure hope she's in her own bed before she is 10.

shennie_97
02-07-2006, 12:56 PM
Katie, it must have been a bed sleeping night with parents. My DS is 9 and he crept in my room last night and slept on the floor at first, but I stepped on him on the way to the bathroom and told him to go to his room and he swore he had a nightmare and I was in no mood to fight last night so when I came back from the bathroom he was curled up in my bed and it had been so long since he had slept in my bed (at least 7 or so years) so I melted at the sight of my baby in the bed and didn’t wake him back up.
However, my DS is pushing 4’10, so it was not the joy it useto be with his knees in my back. He has been asking for a bigger bed for a while and I really think he needs one after last night.

Tee625
02-07-2006, 01:54 PM
Thats how my daughters are too. They bring their dog in with them too. Picture a queen size bed with 2 adults, a 4 year old, a 3 year old, a great dane, a chihauhau, and chocolate lab. IT DOES NOT WORK!!!

:cp: oh my goodness that's too funny. When any of my kids get in bed with us my husband will get up and go sleep in their bed. When my daughter gets in the bed with us she likes to come and lay on top of me... it is so uncomfortable.

Tee625
02-07-2006, 02:00 PM
Marbear, don't worry, your son will be just fine. If your son is solid then most of his weight is probably muscle. It doesn't seem like he eats much at all so I'm sure he can't have a weight problem. My daughter turned 4 in October and at her check up the doctor said that she is in the 5th percentile with her weight. And if she doesnt gain any weight within the next couple of months they would need to run test on her to see why she isn't gaining any weight. She was 26lbs for over a year and she eats just fine. I weighed her the other day and she has gained 2lbs since then but she can still wear clothes that are 2T and 3T.