Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 02-01-2006, 08:06 AM   #1  

Height: 5'-2"

Default Chicks in Control, February Chat

Hi, everyone!
It's a new month. What are your plans for the day/week/month?

I'm starting my new program tomorrow, and I can't WAIT! I've been eating like a porker all week, and frankly, I am SICK of junk food.
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 09:00 AM   #2  

Height: 5'5"

Ellis~I am so excited for you!!! I can't wait to hear how the program is!

Marrianna~Do we have any news yet??? I have been praying for you and thinking baout you all week.

Rosetta~I hope you are doing better. I know it can be tough to get back on schedule.

I have been good. My mom and sisiter got home yesterday, and I dropped off my siblings. It was so noce to have a quiet house. I have a busy week, cleaning for a small party on sunday (Superbowl) and packing for our cruise. We leave early Monday morning. Sound suicidal having a party just before we leave, but we will manages somehow. You ladies have a great OP day!!!
upswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 03:23 PM   #3  

Cool

Hi, all. Happy Feburary. I've had a cold for the past week. Ugh. My head's all stopped up. That sent me right to the chicken soup. But I did lose 4 lbs. last week so I'm doing okay. This month I have a big birthday and I'm anxious about it. That and a few other things. Once it's over maybe I can settle down and be faithful to my fast.

Ellis - I did the same thing before my fast. I only had about five days between the time I signed up and the start date, but I packed in every favorite food I could think of. By the night before I was so sick of eating (threw away a perfectly good chocolate eclair) that I couldn't wait for the fast. What are you planning for your last meal?

Ellen - Don't tire yourself out too much. Where are you going on your cruise?
sapphire9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 03:48 AM   #4  

Hi everyone.. I am not pregnant. I had a massive cry about it yesterday, mostly for all of the fertility problems we have had in the past. Today I am feeling fine.. thank you for asking and being so sweet.

Ellis - I know that you will do great on your new program.. hugs and best wishes for tomorrow

Ellen - enjoy the cruise! We had a big party just before we left on our xmas holiday... we told all of our friends finger food only and take your mess with you they were very helpful

Rosetta - congrats on the weightloss. I hope that the events you are anxious about resolve themselves.. good planning always helps.

I have a month off from university and am looking forward to making eating well and fitness a focus.. I just got my last paper back and scored 49/50... so happy about it! So some time to relax before the next round of uni craziness begins would be lovely.
Marianna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 08:50 AM   #5  

Marianna, I'm sorry, sweetie... This wasn't "your time", but I just know that everything is going to be alright for you. I'll keep you in my prayers.
And congratulations on your paper! Enjoy your month off... make it all about you.

Rosetta, I'm sorry you're sick, hon! But glad to hear you're still losing.
My "last supper" wasn't very interesting. Pizza and a small bag of chips. Honestly, I'm so sick of eating badly that I had to force it down.

Ellen, you crazy gal having a party the day before your cruise! You must be so excited... have a wonderful time!!

So... my program started today. I'm STILL not allowed to eat properly! I see the dietician on Tuesday, and I have to log my usual food until then so she can assess my eating habits. DARN!!
I DID get my pedometer, and I'm wearing it.

I hope everyone has a great day!!
Old 02-05-2006, 04:01 PM   #6  

I am off for my cruise!!! See you all next week!!
Old 02-07-2006, 08:41 AM   #7  

Ellen, I hope you have a wonderful time on your cruise!
Old 02-09-2006, 05:14 AM   #8  

Hi.. Ellis.. how is the new program going? I was thinking of you today. I hope that you are doing fabulously

I am feel really good actually - my eating is going well and the exercise is coming along as well.. hope everyone else is feeling positive as well.
Old 02-09-2006, 08:09 AM   #9  

Hi, Marianna! I'm so glad you're doing well... keep it up, hon!

My program is GREAT, thank you! I'm on Day 3. Longest I've stuck to a program in about a year.
I'm on a 1700 calorie "diet", and I eat breakfast at 8, snack at 10, lunch at 12, snack at 2-3, dinner at 6, and snack at 9.
I'm supposed to lose 1-3 pounds a week, but I'm hoping to drop about 60 this week.
Old 02-10-2006, 08:19 PM   #10  

Good luck Ellis, I have been thinking about you. The cruise is going well. but is almost over.

Marianna~I am happy to hear that you are doing well. I have been iffy on the eating, but I have been exercising my butt off, so hopefully it will ballance out.

((hugs)) Ladies!!
Old 02-11-2006, 07:40 AM   #11  

Ellen, we're looking forward to hearing all about your cruise! See you soon, girl!!

I'm off to my first exercise class. Weights, I think. I saw the trainer the other day for the first time, and to start, I'm to clock at least 5000 steps a day on my pedometer, plus attend three fitness classes.
I had a slip-up with a bowl of Raisin Bran and skim milk the other day, but otherwise, I think I'm doing well.
Old 02-12-2006, 12:44 AM   #12  

Upswife.. glad to hear that the exercise is going well

Ellis.. I am sure one little slip up would be fine. Good to hear you are feeling positive.

I also want to get a pdeometer to see how many steps I do. I have a feeling it is much less than I thought.

I seem to be going pretty well actually. I just feel like this is "it". I am ready for a change, know wheat I need to do and there you go! I think that tapping has helped as I have less propensity to want to indulge on certain foods. So my next weigh in is tomorrow and I am shapping up to have another loss this week - which is great for me...
Old 02-12-2006, 07:15 AM   #13  
fIREFLY

S/C/G: 179/172.5/165

Height: 5'7''

What kind of program are you all on? I need to shake things up a bit.
cacmsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 08:18 AM   #14  

I am doing South Beach.. hope you get some inspiration real soon
Old 02-12-2006, 08:49 AM   #15  

I'm doing a program that's "fitted" to my weight loss requirements.
1700 calories a day, 5000+ steps on my pedometer, and three weight-lifting classes a week.

Marianna, I hope you see a loss tomorrow!
I think you'll really like having a pedometer. It gets you moving. When you've been sitting at a desk/computer all morning, it's 2pm, and you look down and see... "YIKES!!! Only 456 steps!!!" ... you tend to get your butt in gear.
I take the stairs in my house more often. We have a three (well, four including the basement) story house with the bedrooms on the third floor, and I'm one of those people who piles stuff on the stairs until I absolutely HAVE to make a trip upstairs. Well, I'm no longer one of those people. I am now a "frequent stair climber".