Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 02-01-2006, 06:28 AM   #1  

Default Exercise Question

Hi Ladies,

Hope everyone is well. I have a question, I have been riding my bike for 1 hour per day (about 15 miles) and decided I would add Tae Bo to my work out. I did Tae Bo on Monday and OUCH! I am still sore two days later. I feel like I did get a good work out...My butt, back and front of my legs, biceps, triceps, and abs are all sore so I know I did some work.

Is this a good thing or did I push myself too hard?
Should I stop with the Tae Bo until I am no longer sore?

BTW, I am Amy. Currently wishing to lose about 20 lbs. Since Jan. 1st I have lost 5.

Thanks and Happy Febuary!
Amy
AmyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 06:53 AM   #2  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Being sore really isn't an indicator of pushing yourself too hard, it's more of a sign of your muscles going, "Ooooh this is new... Ouch!"

And the soreness will go away, especially if you get your body used to Tae Bo!

Remarkably, once you get moving again and using the sore muscles, the soreness goes away. But, if you get light headed, feel dizzy, have trouble breathing, or feel EXTRA tired doing day to day stuff, then you ARE pushing too hard!

So I guess it's really up to you whether you want to work out when you're still sore, but I wouldn't give up Tae Bo, you'll get used to it
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 07:16 AM   #3  

TAEBO has a tendency to do that! LOL I agree with what 2frustrated said...the soreness will go away, just keep at it unless you have some of the other symptoms that would indicate you pushed it too far. It is definitely a great workout and you will feel it for quite a while! Keep up the good work!
FunMom! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 02:10 PM   #4  

Thanks girls =) I'll give it another go tomorrow hehe. The only side effect I have is muscle pain, like when I bend over, sit down, reach, and laugh

If this TAEBO doesn't whip me into shape I dont think anything will =)

Have a fantastic day!
AmyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 04:52 PM   #5  

Do u attend a class for TAEBO....or use a video....do tell...i wanna lose around 20....been trying for about a month...and no loss yet..
Juhi is offline   Reply With Quote