Old 01-31-2006, 12:45 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 200/175/120

Default What kind of milk do you drink and why did you choose it?

I have started my journey to wellness this past December and starting about two weeks ago I started craving milk. No I'm not pg either.

I'm just curious to see what type of milk the other 3FC's on here are drinking and why.

I'm currently drinking skim milk and loving it.
BeatlesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 12:59 PM   #2  
geeky pagan chick

S/C/G: 265/136/150

No milk unless you count soy I just don't like the taste of cows milk. I do like yogurt though, go figure.
Tani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 01:03 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 200/175/120

I definitely count soy.

I grew up drinking nonfat powdered milk, but only because my mother can't have soy products. I have thought about switching to soy milk in the past because I'd had issues digesting milk. Since tweaking around my diet I'm delighted to say that I can now tolerate skim milk.
BeatlesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 01:25 PM   #4  
Calorie-Counting Diva

Height: 5'1"

I drink 2% simply because it's the kind I prefer. The way I figure it, I don't drink much milk. Why drink stuff I don't enjoy for the few times I drink it? 2% has always been my favorite.
LadyFirelyght is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 01:41 PM   #5  
DBR
Diana B

Believe it or not, I prefer skim milk. I hate the thickness and taste of regular milk. I never drank it as a kid. I wonder if my mother offered me skim would I have drank it, who knows....
DBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 03:06 PM   #6  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

I had been drinking skim milk(for years) and loving it until I was trying to cut down on some of my carb intake. I started to look at other sources and tried the "fat free carb countdown" milk from Hood's. I am hooked!!! I absolutely love it and don't even notice a difference PLUS.... I've just trimmed some of the carbs out of my day.
angel-eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 03:09 PM   #7  
Working My Way Back Down

Skim or 1% - whichever is cheaper when I'm shopping! I often buy it in 1/2 gallons on clearance and freeze it. Just have to remember to take it out a day ahead to thaw.
WaterRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 03:10 PM   #8  

I drink 1% because I want to cut my fat and calories back (grew up on 2% at times but mostly whole milk). I can't STAND skim milk. IT looks and tastes like blue water to me. IF I wanted water on my cheerios, I'd use it instead *hehe* Just my opinion. I've never tried soy but I'm a picky eater so I doubt I would like it. To each his own I guess.
AmberM
AmberM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 03:11 PM   #9  
LLV

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel-eyes
I had been drinking skim milk(for years) and loving it until I was trying to cut down on some of my carb intake. I started to look at other sources and tried the "fat free carb countdown" milk from Hood's.
I always buy the Carb Countdown chocolate milk. Not because I count carbs, but because it's low sugar, which for me means fewer calories, since I cut calories anywhere I possibly can. I love having my chocolate milk in the mornings and it's really good.

However, just plain milk I drink skim. Because it's fat-free. I don't believe I've ever seen the Carb Countdown fat-free kind. I almost bought the regular flavor of the Hood's but it has too much fat. So for regular milk I stick with my skim, but drink the Hood's when I want chocolate.
LLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 03:19 PM   #10  
Half Dome Hike 2006!

Skim, but it's not my preference. Interesting that you mention craving milk--I do that at times too. Milk (protein!) really cuts my hunger a lot--I tend to have a skinny, sugarfree vanilla latte in the mornings and I'm good to go until lunch.
NowOrNever! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 03:26 PM   #11  

Cool

I don't drink milk directly. Put 2% in my tea (skim is too thin). I do have skim in my lattes though. Every calorie you save helps.

P.S. Beatlesfan: I'm an old Beatlemaniac.
sapphire9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 03:28 PM   #12  
What are you waiting for?

S/C/G: 232/258/223

Height: 5'4

Im not a huge fan of milk so i drink 1% when i feel the need or in my cereal, But my favorite drink would have to be silk very vanilla soymilk, I only have this on occasion or in my oatmeal as it is higher in fat and sugar- but It's my favorite!
rysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 03:48 PM   #13  
LLV

Quote:
Originally Posted by NowOrNever!
Skim, but it's not my preference. Interesting that you mention craving milk--I do that at times too.
I get milk cravings, too. To where nothing else will do, I gotta have milk. Sometimes I'll stand with the fridge hanging open, chugging my milk like I haven't had any in years, lol.

It's okay, I'm the only one in the house that drinks skim (my husband and son drink 2%) so I can drink from the carton all I want and no one is the wiser.
LLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 04:07 PM   #14  
Half Dome Hike 2006!

Linda, I miss my ovaltine! I used to have a glass every night--actually, I suppose I could still do that and might once in a while. There are times when I just crave a big, tall glass of cold milk too!
NowOrNever! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 04:14 PM   #15  
One life, live it well

S/C/G: 304|ticker|160

Height: 5'6½

I rarely drink a glass of milk - but I put it in my coffee each morning. It's organic 2% - since that's what I buy for my 2 year old. When I used to drink milk it was skim.
Nori71 is offline   Reply With Quote