Old 01-31-2006, 11:22 AM   #1  

Default ChangeOne Diet

Has anyone tried this Diet?
KarenRB53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 12:11 PM   #2  
it's always something

I haven't actually tried it, but I've read the book and it makes a lot of sense. I think a lot of people could benefit from the suggestions in the book. So many people dive into a diet, then give up because it's hard to make such drastic changes overnight. I like the way Change One does it gradually, because it should make it easier to stick to long term. Have you tried it?
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 06:40 PM   #3  

Height: 5'8

I read the book last year, and really loved the concept.

I've never really done their specific diet, but I have tried to make changes one step at a time since reading the book- I typically am an "all or nothing" kind of gal, and quickly get burned out because I try to do too much at one time.

I set specific goals for myself, and did them one at a time. For instance, in preparation for my new diet, I did a few things like week one, no more caffeine (Yikes! that was the WORST one) then week two, no food at all with sugar- artificial or real- no candy, chocolate, ice cream, etc., Week three no processed snack foods- potato chips, pretzels, etc. Week four, exercise every single day.

That was basically my plan, and I've been able to stick by it almost 100% since I started, and I really think it's because I made all of my goals in stages, and did one thing at a time.

The book was so inspirational- I highly recommend it to anyone!
Rizeninme is offline   Reply With Quote