Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2006, 03:23 AM   #106  
Aussie Chick

S/C/G: 99/86/65

ACT is the same time zone as NSW. Im happy with an evening for chatting, any evening except Monday, Wednesday or Thursday, as I'm at school those nights. See Im easy to please...lol.

Good job on everyones weight loss. I wont know how I've gone till March unfortunately, cause I'm weighed every 6 weeks.
Old 02-21-2006, 04:19 AM   #107  

S/C/G: 109.6kg/104.6kg/67kg (15/8/10)

Height: 170cm

Out of Tuesday or Friday evenings...Tuesday is probably better for me. I get more Tuesday nights off in my monthly roster rotation than Fridays.

Anyone else?
Old 02-21-2006, 05:14 AM   #108  
leeny

S/C/G: 142/85/66

Thanks for the encouragement guys...you all are truly inspirational...we should be on the Biggest Loser eh...we are all so great Tuesday night for the chat for me is great. Is 8.00pm Qld time (i have no idea what that is other times) good for everyone. Most of us would have had our evening meal by then is that right...someone comment...I am not a good decision maker.
I don't know what happened to our "man"chatter or the other new girl...maybe we frightened them off...hope not. It does seem to be the same ones chatting all the time so it would be great to chat quicker on the chat
Must go to bed even though it is only early...big day today...too much cleaning..I must say I might not be at work currently but my house is getting the much needed clean it needs. Tommorrow is the oven I'm sure you are all envyous
I am a true believer that "things happen for reasons"and the right car will turn up for you Lindor(is your name Linda). My name is Leeann. Look forward to chatting soon...leeny
Old 02-21-2006, 06:03 AM   #109  

If I am correct 8pm for you is 6pm for me and that is fine for me...I don't have to worry about having a family fed or any of that stuff

So Tuesday evenings it is then? Are we all for that?

And Leeann, my name is not Linda - Lindor came from a chocolate wrapper that was sitting in front of me when I registered here

Last edited by Lindor; 08-10-2006 at 06:25 PM.
Old 02-21-2006, 04:04 PM   #110  

Thumbs up

I'm fine with 8pm Tuesday , what chat room ?????
Just the main one ???I was BAD yesterday while picking up youngest Daughter from school stop at the BIGM (I only got a coffe )to get DD a after school snack(she had just finnished Cheerleading )of chips and a burger ,but being a DD she kept giving mum chips and I kept EATING them
Hope we all have a good day
Old 02-21-2006, 06:02 PM   #111  

That's seven in the morning for me, some Wednesdays I start late so might be able to join you for a little while!!!

I'm off to bed, what a day. I celebrated returning to work by going swimming before work, bearing in mind that our weather didn't get over 5 degrees today. I got the bus at 6.30 this morning and it certainly was nowhere near 5 degrees then!!!

Then tonight I got to the bus station and my bus hadn't turned up, so I walked to the gym and did my weight training!!! It's the first time I have been and night, and it won't be the last. There are many pretty boys who use that gym!!!

My partner works for a really rude newspaper called Daily Sport, which is not about sport at all really, and one of his jobs is to pick naked women for the paper. If he can look, so can I!!!!! Only he gets paid for it
Old 02-22-2006, 05:01 AM   #112  
Aussie Chick

Oh what a day I've had. I did 2.5 hours at the gym, including a Pump class, 25 minutes on the eliptical, and then a Piloga class. Tonite I popped into target and saw jeans on a sale rack. Seeing as the pants I had on kept slipping, I was actually walking around holding them up, I grabbed 2 pairs to try on in sizes 18 and 20.

I thought, I'll try the 18 on first, be optomistic you know. And OMG they fit, not only do they fit, they are a little loose. And I'm talking real jeans, not elastic in the back fake type jeans. Its working its working. Can you tell I'm on top of the world. And to top it off they cost less than $9.

Oh what a day.
Old 02-22-2006, 05:59 AM   #113  

Oh well done Kathy. I don't care what scales say, only when your clothing size changes can you really feel proud of what you have done!!!

And a bargain to boot, you gotta love that!!!
Old 02-22-2006, 11:27 AM   #114  

Well done Kathy!!!!!

I'm hanging out for the day I start dropping clothes sizes too. I've lost 9kgs so far and I think I have made it to size 21 now

Size 22 are feeling loose, but I still can't make it into a 20!!!

And Kykaree, I agree with your statement about the scales. I reckon I lost a kilo on Monday just by getting my hair cut...and that does nowt for clothes sizes or weight loss

Goodnight all
Old 02-23-2006, 01:08 AM   #115  

I was a size 24 (which is a 26 in UK depressing that you gain a dress size justby hopping on a plane, I want to go to US where you drop two sizes when you land )

Now I'm a size 16 (size 18 here) which is just amazing to me!!! I don't think I have been a size 16 since I was....well...16!!!!

I can now shop in some ordinary shops, one more size and I'll be able to shop almost anywhere. Some of the really expensive shops here only go up to a UK 12 (Aus 14).

Shopping here is fabulous. I thought clothes were really expensive here when I first arrived, but when I went back to Australia two years ago, I found everything really dear. I went to BIB in Myer, and could barely find anything under $100!!!! I used to shop there all the time. And everything was really plain. Here the fat clothes are really lovely, if you shop around.

I went for a run after work yesterday, at the gym. I managed 3 miles in 45 minutes, which I am absolutely over the moon about. My aim is to finish my 10k in June in 90 minutes, which at current pace I am already there. So perhaps I'll need to revise that goal as my training progresses.

I'm going to the gym at work today to be tortured, I mean measured. And my body fat done too. Which means no breakfast til after. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. I am such a breakfast girl. I can't function until I have had my porridge!!!
Old 02-23-2006, 04:47 AM   #116  
Aussie Chick

I went to the gym again tonite, I'm getting so addicted, did 30 mins on the treadmill covering 3km in front of Bold and Beautiful, and then hit the eliptical for 30 mins overing 4.2 km. I was soaked afterwards, but I'm still on the high from it. Wheeeeeeee
Old 02-23-2006, 09:09 PM   #117  
leeny

S/C/G: 142/85/66

You are all amazing. It is such a thrill to get into a size you never thought possible eh I was a size 24(and just squeezing into that). I remember my mum bought me a pair of shorts for my birthday in size 24...where she even found then who knows...you look beuatiful she said. How can a size 24 look beautiful i screamed back at her. I will help you lose weight she pleaded with me. What size will a buy you next year she said. That statement cut to the bone...I exclaimed a size 12 mum. I hope I will. Well I did get to that size 12 and she bought me a pair of shorts. I have always kept that big size 24 to remind me that I will never be that size ever again..yuk. Unfortunately I gained some of my weight back and am now wearing size 14 and will return to my 12 again. I have so many lovely clothes - all size 12 - I am now a clothes horse. I suppose I always was but who can buy nice ones in big sizes here unless you want to pay zillions.
My walking is still going great...shock. I went over to the neighbours yesterday...she wasn't home...I could have not walked but went back home, grabbed one of the kids to motivate me and the dog and away I went. Good for me. Food wise...not too bad but definitely not perfect. One out of two ain't bad though.
Keep on posting guys, you inspire me to continue...leeny
Old 02-23-2006, 09:58 PM   #118  

I just bought me a brand new exercise bike!!! Should arrive in about 10 days.

I tell you...I am an impulsive shopper!!!! God only knows what I will be like when I get down to a decent clothes size! Maybe I should start filing for bankruptcy now??
Old 02-24-2006, 04:25 AM   #119  
Aussie Chick

I'm the same, I cant walk past crossroads now without at least taking a look at what they have. I would have bought a dress there today, except it really emphasised my huge shoulders.

On the good news front, I am now cm's wise smaller than my sister. The only place I'm bigger is on my waist and thats by a whole 2cms. Woohoo. We are having a comp between us now to see who can lose the most weight.
Old 02-24-2006, 08:10 AM   #120  
Learning to love myself.

Height: 5' 7"

Oh, I am most DEFINITELY the same. I know I should be saving money, but I just can't resist buying new clothes. I am simply THRILLED to have so much choice. Luckily hubby doesn't mind at all. I think he is happy to see me so happy... oh, and he also likes it when I tell him to buy something for the computer or camera because I am feeling guilty about all my spending.

Lindor - You will LOVE the exercise bike, I'm sure. I love mine. I was having withdrawal symptoms as I couldn't use it for a few days. For two days I was now allowed to exercise (strict instructions from my dietitian friend) because I made myself sick by over-exercising. Took me a while to realise it, but I was thoroughly exhausted on Monday and could hardly think straight or function properly at work. I thought about it (as well as I could) and talked with a couple of people and we decided that I had not upped my food intake at all, but had doubled the time spent exercising and had seriously increased the intensity of the workouts. Not a good combination for keeping healthy... or losing weight. My weight had plateaued and I was compensating by exercising more, which was only sabotaging things. Oh well... you live and learn.

Anyway, after a couple of days of no exercise, no work, no nothing, I felt more awake than I had in months! It was wonderful. Then my body decided to rest a little too much and a virus that it had obviously been fighting off for a while took over. So I had two more days off work to get over this thing. Not pleasant at all. My throat felt like I had been sucking on sandpaper, and after talking it felt like I had been swallowing razor blades. I had NO energy and just wanted to nap. I am a little better today and was actually able to exercise again, but far more moderately. I was SO looking forward to it, whereas for a while there it was becoming a chore because I was pushing myself WAY too hard.

Anyway... getting back to my original point... and taking the LONG way to get there... I do believe you will enjoy using the exercise bike. I watch the news every evening while I workout. It makes the time just race by.

Kathy - Well done on the size decrease. I don't have a comp of any kind with hubby, but I was so thrilled when I finally weighed less than he did. Now I am about 10kg less, which is just great. At target I may end up around 20kg lighter, as long as he doesn't go and lose weight on me. I even tried on some of his trousers a while ago and they fit! That was pretty good, because I would have hardly pulled them over my knees even 6 months ago.

I look forward to hearing when the chat is. 6pm should be OK, although that is dinner time, so will have my mouth full while we are 'talking'.

Take care all,

Zelma
Closed Thread