Old 01-30-2006, 06:43 PM   #1  

Default The Longer I Eat This Way...

(borrowed topic from our neighbors at 3FC)

"The longer I eat this way...the more my body rejects any crap I put into it. Has anyone else noticed this? Aside from feeling terrible, and all the side effects, have you noticed anything else?" (Borrowed part)

Friday night was girls night out at work so, I made sure I ate onplan and drank LOTS of water. Well, I did good, had 4 drinks (not too fattening..vodka w club) while out (good for me and a big change from last year). I had a really good time. But then, hunger and weakness hit. Hard. I stopped at McDonalds and woofed down a cheeseburger and a fudge sundae. Well...Saturday was spent in the bathroom and had a headache.

Point is, the longer I eat the way I should, drink water and exercise as long as I remain focused, the more my body will not accept the garbage. The "battles" in my head are not as intense or frequent as much either. I was tired of "fighting with myself" over what to eat and what not to. And the guilt I felt afterwards...ugh..don't miss the guilt. I think my guilt was the worst thing.

Anyone else??
Jenniffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 07:07 PM   #2  
Co-Mod

S/C/G: 272/129/127

Oy, the guilt. I know about that. And the only ones we cheat are ourselves.
shrinkingchica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 07:34 PM   #3  

Hey, it over and u did it and now it done. Leave it there. Look at what took u to that point and think of what u can do to change the action needed to get u to where u want to go instead of where u ended up going. This may sound corny but I just watched batman begins again, and one phrase is true in that movie. Yeah it a guy in a suit and all crazy fantasy, but the part said about :we fall so that we can get up again. That true. We are gonna fall and the weaker ones are the ones who don't notice they have fallen. The rest of us who do notice need to get the heck up! Why? Cause it's the only direction and the only thing we can do. It is also the only thing we can do to take action and to take control of ourselves, of the parts that we are capable of controlling. GEt up!!! Now! Forget the fall when guilt and not knowledge is invovled, focus on getting up. The best in ur goals!
tobetheman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 07:39 AM   #4  

Absolutely! My body has almost no tolerance for crappy food anymore. Sandi, Jilly and Jiffy can attest to that, having been witness to the aftermath of my eating some fried, fatty foods and a little too rich ice cream during our fabulous Chicago getaway a few years back. I swear I looked as though death had warmed over and I ended up spending a good portion of the morning of our departure with my head hung delicately over the john. And I hadn't even partaken in the cocktails of the night before like my fellow fat chicks! It just goes to show that your body grows accustomed to however you choose to treat it, because back in the day, I could really pack it in, and still come back the next day just raring for more.

Beverly
boiaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 07:56 AM   #5  
One pound at a time...

I have noticed the same thing as well. If I decide to go the heavy laden greasy and fat loaded food (but it tastes soooo good), I really pay for it the next day. I usually have very poor night of sleeping (body trying to deal with all the extra stuff I have partaken) and the next day, let us say I need to be near a washroom. For me, it doesn't pay.
ChocLabLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 09:11 AM   #6  
DNR
Determined Woman

I had a problem with lactose intolerance for a long time before I started eating the way I should. Now that I eat right, I don't have the problem anymore. I used to have to take a lactase supplement before I ate anything with dairy in it and I haven't taken it since I started Weight Watchers in November. Weird. Your body can tell when you are putting the right things into it and the older you get, the more noticeable it is I think.

DNR
DNR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 09:40 AM   #7  
Downsizing Dee!

I've been finding quite a difference in the things my body could tolerate before and what I can eat now. The slightest bit of grease sends my stomach in a whirlwind. I know it's better if I can't handle the junk but it tastes sooooo good.

~Dee
newfiedarling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 09:45 AM   #8  

Oh yeah. I have trouble with acid reflux when I eat fried foods. I hadn't had any trouble for months, UNTIL>>>I went off program. I had an episode that wasn't even as bad as the ones I was having before, and it was awful.

As a matter of fact, that's one of the things that shook me from my lethargy. I either needed to get Pepcid or get back on the program.
TakinBabySteps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 11:13 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 258/ticker/135

Height: 5'3

At the begining of January I decided I'd lay off all the Diet Coke and drink those crystal light packets from a water bottle full of water (this is convienent and easy for me) Now I just don't want the diet coke unless we eat out. I actualy want that crystal light iced tea.
Melody2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 02:48 PM   #10  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

One thing i can tolerate far less than before is alcohol. I used to get a lot of calories from wine But now a glass tends to be more than enough and I need to stop much earlier than I used to or I feel ill.

It makes for cheap nights out!

I haven't really tried eating rubbish that much, because I don't crave it anyway, so it's hard to say how it would affect me, guessing by my reaction the last time someone ate takeaway pizza in front of me and I felt like throwing up I think I can guess though!
YP1 is offline   Reply With Quote