Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc - how many here are on Nutrisystem?

View Full Version : how many here are on Nutrisystem?

Suzanne 3FC
01-30-2006, 05:50 PM
We'd like to know how many of you are currently following Nutrisystem. Please reply only once, so we can give it a quick count, and only reply if you are currently on the plan. Thanks!!!

Rizeninme
01-30-2006, 08:12 PM
Me! :)

roseofsharonkb1
01-31-2006, 01:52 PM
Me too! (as soon as it is delivered:o )

Sharon

cesinesss
02-01-2006, 01:43 PM
ME:carrot:

lhendricks
02-02-2006, 09:41 AM
Since January 9th, 2006.

kbl
02-02-2006, 03:56 PM
I am

LovelyLatina
02-03-2006, 10:28 AM
I'm on it:P

tallygal1
02-05-2006, 10:45 AM
I'm trying NS for a month; doing the weekends-off program purchased from QVC and using a Low-GI format on the weekends. Will probably move off the NS to Low-GI at the end of the month. I've found NS is a bit cost prohibitive and some of the food is a bit icky - plus I miss cooking.

Suzanne 3FC
02-24-2006, 12:40 PM
Bumping for any newbies :) What we're really trying to find out is if there are enough members here on Nutrisystem to start a Nutrisystem sub-forum :)

honey_texas
02-24-2006, 11:08 PM
Me. Love it.

Sunrose
02-27-2006, 11:50 PM
I just joined today!

rncynthia
02-28-2006, 05:17 AM
This is my first time at this site - looks great!!:carrot:

niccole88
03-01-2006, 05:15 PM
I started today!

Tallullah
03-07-2006, 10:03 PM
Here!

Susan_L
03-08-2006, 12:13 PM
My first day is today. One day at at time.

DebDixon
03-10-2006, 07:11 PM
I would love if this board would start a Nutrisystem sub forum. I've been on since 1/28 and loving it!!:wave: Deb

tallygal1
03-11-2006, 10:32 PM
Suzanne – I’m sorry you didn’t enjoy your week of NutriSystem. However, it’s like another poster said, not all diets are for everyone.

Personally, I’ve been on: WW; moderate success but grew tired of the point counting. South Beach; was hungry ALL THE TIME. Calorie Counting; more math :( . Sugar Busters; can’t live without pasta. Looked into Sonoma (too much like South Beach) and Low GI. The list goes on and on. This has been an extremely easy transition for me and I’m down about 15 lbs in a month. Not bad for me, I think.

After reading your review, I wanted to ask you a question. Did you receive a meal diary with your order that outlines what you should have at each meal (i.e. breakfast entrée, dairy, fruit/lunch entrée, protein serving, vegetable, fat/snack protein, fruit/dinner entrée, veggie servings; salad serving, fat, dairy/dessert)? It sounded as if you weren’t eating all that you should have been

Just curious.

Thanks!

wickedgrl_76
03-14-2006, 01:53 PM
I started NS on 1/30 & I'm down 17lbs. It's the easiest & most convinient plan I've ever tried. And believe me I've tried everything. This is the longest I've stuck with a plan & that's because I've gotten really great results. I recommend this program for anyone who is constantly on the go or just wants a plan that is not complicated to follow. I love it.:carrot:

MELODY525
03-14-2006, 01:55 PM
Suzanne~I forgot to add myself when I started on 2/23.... you will be glad to know I am down 4.5 lbs!!! :carrot: thanks for your support :dance:

Suzanne 3FC
03-15-2006, 02:33 PM
After reading your review, I wanted to ask you a question. Did you receive a meal diary with your order that outlines what you should have at each meal (i.e. breakfast entrée, dairy, fruit/lunch entrée, protein serving, vegetable, fat/snack protein, fruit/dinner entrée, veggie servings; salad serving, fat, dairy/dessert)? It sounded as if you weren’t eating all that you should have been

Just curious.

Thanks!

Yes, I received the booklet and I included everything as listed, though I may not have mentioned it all in my review because I was preoccupied with the NS foods, lol. There was a lot to say :p I checked off everything in the booklet as I ate it, and even entered it into Fitday. I thought that it was odd that the week before, I had eaten the same amount of calories on the Flavor Point diet, but it seemed that there was a lot more food. But, I also spent a lot more time in the kitchen cooking everything from scratch, which a lot of people find works against them when dieting. There are probably pros and cons to most plans. I really would not be able to do NS ever again, and I heard from an awful lot of people that felt the same way. It's our policy to tell it as we see it (or taste it, lol) so this was no exception. However, I know that there are plenty of people that do find they can stick to it, which is what makes any diet plan work, and why we considered adding a NS forum to our community. You are all really nice people and we enjoy watching you succeed, even if we are not all on the same diet :)

Congrats Melody!!! :bravo: Keep up the great job!!! :woo:

MELODY525
03-19-2006, 08:45 AM
:encore: THANKS SUZANNE!! YOU DID A GREAT JOB TOO!!! :cheer:

RubensMuse
03-20-2006, 07:31 AM
On it one week and dropped 8lbs! So I am sticking with it!

vikki50
03-22-2006, 05:49 PM
I just joined 1 week ago. Really excited!

readyfreddy
03-24-2006, 12:41 AM
im a newbie

Tallullah
03-25-2006, 02:37 PM
Welcome to NS all you n00bs! :hug:

ryzmom
03-28-2006, 09:50 AM
count me in!!

I love NS! it's so easy to follow.

wendylu
03-28-2006, 06:22 PM
I only started Nutrisystem yesterday morning. So far so go. My drive to lose the weight at this point has somehow made the food not so bad. Cross your fingers it continues!
Does anyone know the real weekly weight lose average?? I'm looking for realistic, not that :devil: "results not typical" stuff.

:carrot:

Thanks,
Wendylu!

LeesaK
03-29-2006, 12:27 PM
I've been on nutrisystem since april 7th, 2005, have lost 43 pounds so far.:D

wendylu
03-30-2006, 04:36 PM
Great Job Leesak!!! I only hope I can stick it out that long.

AmericanWomansong
04-12-2006, 01:21 PM
please peeps write more inspiring stuff! :D

readyfreddy
04-12-2006, 10:21 PM
I am loving it! I love that the program takes out 90% of the choices i have to make. I mean I pick a breakfast, lunch, snack, dinner, and my protiens and veggies I want to add- which I enjoy doing- but I don't have to look in my cupboard and try to figure out what I should make, what I should eat, how much do I have etc. The portion control helps immensly. Yes sometimes I start to get hungry before dinner- but that's okay with me! There's nothing bad about feeling your internal cues every now and then. In fact I think when i was eating such huge portions that I never felt hungry in between meals, I really couldn't tell when to stop eating because I never felt the hunger, so I couldn't feel it go away. Does that make sense? Anyways I am liking it. It takes away my impulse choices- ie grabbing a HUGE bagel with GLOBS of cream cheese from the local deli for breakfast. :-( Before I was gaining about 1 lb a week... now I am losing on average 2 lbs a week. I couldn't be happier. I never feel light headed or weak or woozy as I have felt doing extreme dieting before.

as for the food- overall its pretty good! and the so-so food is made up for by the quick and easy preparation.

effectiveness - 10/10
food taste- 7/10
food quality 7/10
ease of following the plan 9/10

AmericanWomansong
04-13-2006, 02:59 PM
I totally identify with your post, readyfreddy!
I lost track of portion sizes (I have done N/S in the past then Jenny Craig...lost all my weight on both to gain it back again)...and decided i needed something VERY simple and easy. I simply can not plan things out. I can't even cope with having to eat A lunch with A breakfast (Jenny Craig...well back in mid 90s not sure if they still do that now). So I went back to N/S.

N/S is not that expensive either if you compare it to eating out all the time like I do (I am for one the queen of drive-thrus!).

People gripe about how small the food portion is and expect it to taste like normal table food. it ain't going to since it is all about convienence. It is though pretty good this time around compared to when I did it back in the early 90s.

I do eat more protein than the plan has for me (I am not 100 bls to lose) because I am on diabetec drugs and I watch my sugar lows. I am not diabetec but I am definitly pre-diabetec. My glucose was 92 after a day of fasting on my last blood test. If it got up to 100, that is medically pre-diabetec. Argh! Doctor said though that once I lose enough weight, it will come down.

Source (http://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=54805)
Normal fasting blood sugar levels are considered those that fall below 99 milligrams per deciliter (mg/dl) of blood, while anything between 100 and 125 mg/dl is considered pre-diabetic, according to the National Institute for Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases. Once fasting glucose levels rise to 126 mg/dl and above, a person is considered diabetic. Fasting glucose levels are taken after a person hasn't eaten for at least eight hours.

The fact that N/S is made in mind with a lower sugar, lower carb rate is such a blessing!

I saw the scale drop this week...but I am preparing for the fact it may got up and down before I "officially weigh" myself on Sunday (my weigh in day).

bumpey
04-16-2006, 11:09 AM
I have been on Nutrisystem three weeks now. I am down about six pounds. The scales go up and down thru-out the week. I am trying to figure out which day I weigh less, so that can be my weigh-in day. haha.
Most of the foods I like, the ones I don't I just make sure I don't order again.
6 down 26 to go.:dizzy:

Rocker Chick
04-27-2006, 10:22 PM
I just bought it today

cmbaj310
07-01-2006, 01:23 PM
I started Nutri-System on July 30, 2005 and have lost 116 lbs as of today. (Starting weight 311...current weight 195).

I find the plan very simple to follow and enjoy the food. You just have to weed out the entrees that don't appeal to you and order only those that do. I don't like to cook, so the convenience that NS offers was a real selling point and the plan has taught me portion control and the importance of eating small, balanced meals throughout the day.

No diet plan is right for everyone, but this one has been great for me.

spunky1
07-02-2006, 12:39 AM
I considered myself still on NS, even though I eat other things, too. I really like NS, as the pounds and inches really came off easily and quickly. Does anyone watch Celebrity Fit Club? A few seasons ago, they put the celebs on NS, even though they didn't advertise it. I figured if they thought it was a good program, then I would give it a try. It really does work.:)