2 TBLS poppy seed
2 TBLS seseme seed
1/4 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp worstershire
1/4 tsp minced onions
1/4 cup oil ( I use olive )
1/4 cup rice wine vinager
1/4 c honey (or 1/2 c sugar will do)

Make the dressing first so it can sit around for an hour or so and get more flavorful while you chop up the other stuff

In the original salad this was poured over baby spinach, sliced strawberries, and almonds - that is really yummy and quite a hit.

Then my mom started pouring it over grandma's chicken salad (which grandma puts mayo on ) with a few new ingrediants

The salad:
Chop up 1/2 bunch of cerery. The tops to 1/2 way down. Include all the leaves and get really leafy celery.
1 bunch of cilantro (parsley word too)
2 slightly sour red (for color) apples tossed in the juice of 2 limes (to keep the color)
1/2-1 cup of chopped dried apricots
1/2 to 1 cup of craisins (dried cranberrys)
1/2 to 1 cup of walnuts
2 cups of pre cooked chichen chopped up (I grill breasts with seasoning, my mom buys pre cooked chicken at the grocery store)
1 cup fresh blueberries
1/2 - 1 onion chppped
2 fresh jalepenos chopped finely (optional)

I toss all the chicken in 1/2 the dressing and pour the rest of the dressing over the salad just before serving.

This is one of the best tasting and most beautiful salads I have every had. My mom chose the ingrediants mostly for color.
Old 07-16-2001, 10:26 PM   #2  
NASCAR Fan

morrigan, this sounds wonderful!
Have you figured out the pt value out for this yet?
Old 08-09-2001, 03:41 PM   #3  

S/C/G: SW308/CW159/GW170

Height: 5'7"

This salad is amazing. With all the different things in it I was not too sure if I would like it or not. Keeps well. Husband was game.
Only change that I made was cut back on the poppy seeds. I would not have been able to smile for weeks.
Closed Thread