Closed Thread

Old 07-16-2001, 12:00 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 268.8/266.4/145

Height: 5'8"

Thumbs down Weigh In at Home 7/16-7/22

Hi everyone.

I hope everyone had a great weekend and is ready for a new week.

I'm retaining water like crazy right now (had some really salty food at dinner last night) so I'm not even going to deal with a weigh-in. I'll just proceed with my week, remember to stay away from salt over the weekend (sheesh, you'd think I'd learn by now), and see what the scale brings me next week. Having more Chinese food cravings today, but instead I'm going to go to Taco Fresco and have baked chips and salsa and an order of refried beans. It will be an 11 point lunch, but it will be delicious and filling. Yum.

Have a great day everyon

Carla
260/??/140
Old 07-16-2001, 11:45 PM   #2  

Carla - Good idea not to weigh in since you're retaining water. No reason to let a number on the scale throw you off. Hope you enjoyed the lunch...sounds good.

Well, the last weigh in I posted was a 4 lb gain a week before we went on vacation. I lost those pounds before we left, but gained them back again while we were gone. I started out really well, but by the end of the week I quit paying any attention. I had a nice visit with my sister, but the weather did not cooperate. It rained/was cloudy all afternoon on four out of the five days we were there....not good on a beach vacation. The kids did go to Disney World with their cousins one day because it was raining so much they were getting bored at the beach. Anyway I am back OP today and am hoping for a loss next week. I walked this morning and this evening.

Talk to you later.
Pat
(178/148/135)
Old 07-17-2001, 08:18 AM   #3  

Carla - I agree, with all that salty food leave the weigh in if it would throw you. Good for you ignoring those Chinese food cravings! Sorry to be a nag but have you done any waling recently?

Pat - sorry to hear about the gain - vacations can be so difficult especially a beach vacation without any sun! Good for you for walking. You'll get those pounds off this week.

I worked pretty late on Friday and having drunk so much coffee, could not get to sleep before 2 am. I "slept in" on Saturday morning so I didn't go to my WW meeting. I did OK over the weekend - I didn't count points at the bar-b-que but I didn't go nuts. We had a good time at the bar-b-que on Saturday and had a blast at the show (The Producers) on Sunday. So far this week I am doing OK, even though yesterday was a long and stressful day. I've managed to accumulate a banked food points and 3 activity points. The sneak peek at the scale was good this morning so now I need to be sure to keep it that way. Sunday we go out to the beach for 5 days and I'd like to start vacation with a loss.

Have a great one,
Judy
Old 07-17-2001, 10:37 AM   #4  
Determined Chick!

Hi group :-). Weigh in was not great yesterday after having corn beef hash for bfast and pizza hut for dinner :-P It looks like the scale is up another 1/2 pound four a total of 3.5 gained back ...Ahhhhhhhhhhh... I'm hoping the 1/2 pound gain this week is water. In any case, I haven't exercised at all, and I only follow the food plan until something tempting comes up (then I just quit).

This has got to stop, so I am going back to a meeting tonight (maybe ;-) ), and facing the scale. My thought is that I only have 2 wks before vacation (A 2wk vacation), but I'd be better off if I was OP for 2 wks instead of just waiting until I get back to get "gung ho" again. I'm afraid of the damage I could do on vacation if I am totally out of the healthy, losing weight, mode.

I'll post back later.. Have a great day all! Holly
Old 07-17-2001, 10:45 AM   #5  

Hi everyone -

Pat - Look at the bright side: If you hadn't lost those 4 pounds before your vacation, you'd be up by 8 now. I know you'll get those pesky pounds off soon. I'm sorry you had such lousy weather. I'm hoping that when we're at the beach in August the weather will cooperate, for the kids' sake. As for me, as long as I'm by the ocean, rain or shine I don't care.

Judy - Walking, hmmm. Well the week of 4th of July I got quite a bit in. Nothing much since then. I'm getting home a bit earlier tonight; perhaps the princess would enjoy a ride in her stroller. I envy you for having seen The Producers. I didn't get a chance to see it when it was here in Chicago. Good for you for banking points and for a good sneak peek.

I believe the PMS monster is with me. I'm struggling, but still trying. We have no plans this weekend, which is great so hopefully I can get caught up at home and get some exercise.

Have a good day everyone.

Carla
Old 07-17-2001, 01:50 PM   #6  
Determined Chick!

Default Liar, Liar, Pants on Fire!

OK - My plans are changing, and now I will probably not be going to a meeting tonight. However, I may treat myself to a trip to Borders where I want to purchase a book on weight lifting (HA! Yeah, that's the ticket, another exercise book will surely be the answer to my couch potato problem!!)

Cece - I think it was wise for you to back off the weigh-in. It is never that great of a motivator to see a high number on the scale. Keep staying on the right track, and don't let the PMS monster get the better of you! Maybe while you are struggling today you could concentrate on one or two things like getting in the water and/or taking a walk. Hang in there! Where R U going on vacation? Which beach? Sounds wonderful!

Judy - It sounds like U R doing great :-) You have obviously made some lifestyle changes that have stuck with you (exercise, etc...) Keep banking those pts!

Pepper - Ugh...vacation weight gain :-P. You know what to do to get it off, though, so don't sweat it! (Or do sweat it off with exercise !)

Talk to you soon :-) Holly
Old 07-17-2001, 02:17 PM   #7  

Hi Holly - We must have been posting at the same time before. You're absolutely right - you're better off on program for the two weeks of vacation than waiting until you return. Where are you going? We're going to the Outer Banks in North Carolina and specifically, Nags Head. I'm definitely going to be concentrating on gettin the water in today, that's for sure.

Carla
Old 07-17-2001, 03:48 PM   #8  
cookies are for browsers

Just checking in...

If you all are having water weight issues, please post on the water weight thread under "support". THere are also some good ideas there.

The Chopra plan seems to be working pretty well for me. I have a VERY light breakfast (1 piece of fruit) a large lunch and a small dinner (a superpretzel or a salad or some fat-free tortillas and salsa.) I feel lighter, but I ditched the evil vile #(*^$(*^$#(& scale so I don't know if the pounds are coming off. I'm also keeping up my once a week juice fast which helps me stay in control and also helps digestion. I do feel like I have more energy and I feel WAY more in control. I was mad at a friend and instead of eating through it I waxed my legs instead. Boy does that work! Anyway, this plan seems more like my natural eating habits I had when I was thin, so hopefully it will get my bod there.

Couldn't ride my bike ALL last week but rode it yesterday - some guy wanted to buy it from me!! As if! It's a GIRL bike!!!

Hope you all have a great week.
Old 07-18-2001, 12:44 AM   #9  

Judy - Good job banking those points...especially hard when dealing with the stress. Keep it up and you'll be sure to start your vacation with a loss. It'll help get you in the right frame of mind to help you stay OP over vacation.

Holly - I think you should get back OP before your vacation. Waiting until you get back will mean four more weeks off program and will make it even harder to get back OP. Did you get another book? My sister and I went to a book store while we were in Florida and, of course, both of us headed to the diet and exercise sections. She said she still buys the exercise books, but has told herself she won't buy any more diet books.

Carla - Keep fighting that PMS monster. Were you able to get in a walk? Hope you have better weather on vacation. It wasn't as bad for me as the girls because what I like to do at the beach is walk in the waves early in the morning and late evening. Sara and Laura had been looking forward to laying at the beach every afternoon and that was when it was raining.

Jennifa - Glad to hear the new plan seems to be working for you. Good job getting back to riding your bike.

I am happy to report that my sneak peek this morning showed three of those pesky pounds have left...must have been retaining water. I didn't think I had done too well today since I took Laura and her friend to Pizza Hut for dinner, but when I added the points up I had enough in the bank to cover the pizza. I took a walk tonight, but had to cut it short because of storms moving in. Tomorrow will be hard because we are going to my sister's house for a birthday party for her two kids and I ate all my banked points today. I'll have to make it a light breakfast and lunch.

Talk to you later.
Pat
Old 07-18-2001, 10:58 AM   #10  

Hi everyone -

Jennifa - I'm glad to hear that the Chopra plan is working for you. It's great to feel more energy - everything else just seems to fall in place then. Good job not turning to food when you were upset with your friend. Hope you get more time on the bike.

Pat - Yay for you for getting three of those pounds off. And for having the banked points to cover your pizza hut dinner. I'll send you positive vibes to make it a light day today and to have lots of willpower at your sister's.

I didn't get a walk in, unless you count walking up and down the aisles of the grocery store. It felt to get some shopping done as we were running low on just about everything. I stocked up on lots of fruit so I'd have it for snacks during the day, replenished my frozen dinner supply so I don't have to go get lunch, etc. So I'm ready to go. I am having lunch with a friend today, but I've planned for the points. And I just realized that I never made my oatmeal for breakfast. I think I'll do that now so I'm not starving at lunch time.

Talk to you all later,

Carla
Old 07-18-2001, 05:34 PM   #11  

Hello Ladies,
Well I knew this would happen, I gained a pound and a half! I saw it coming with that big loss last week, then my husband and I went out for mexican (yum) and I really didn't have the points but I ate anyway! Well This is another week I will move on.

Carla~ Sorry the PMS monster is visiting you, I am sure he will want to visit with me next, see if you can give him wrong directions to my house

Judy~ Have fun on your vacation! Way to go with the banked points and activity pts! Your right a loss would be an awesome way to start a vacation.

Holly~ I love Borders! I could spend a ton of money in that store. Take things one day at a time. sneak in some excercise, park your car as far away from Borders as you can, and drink lots of water, you know the weight will come off! What if you try and pretend like you just started the program? Maybe that wil give you a fresh prospective. Good luck

Pat~Congrats on losing Three of those pounds! Isn't it awesome when you discover you have banked pts! And since you went for a walk you burned calories, so it's almost as if you never ate the pizza

Jennifa~Glad the Chopra plan is working out. Wow, you are a stronger person than me, I could never fast! I would be ready to rip someones head off Good for you. Just think you will be slim and have silky smooth legs

Well that's all for now I need to take a wlk with the dog.
Everyone, have a great week!

Maryjo
Old 07-19-2001, 12:28 AM   #12  

Carla - Good for you for getting the house stocked back up with good things. We were really low since vacation, but Darrell finally went today so I have my snacks, etc. back. It does make it a lot easier to stay OP.

Maryjo - Sorry about the gain, but as you said it is another week.

I didn't do well today. I started out light, but things fell apart. Darrell usually fixes dinner, but fell asleep (last night was his first night back at work) and didn't get up until I got home from work. We didn't have a lot of time before we had to get to my sister's house, so we went out to eat. Now I know I could have chosen better, but I didn't. Then my sister had ice cream cake for the party. YUMMM. Anyway I'm now 6 pts in the hole and have Sara's birthday on Friday.

Talk to you later.
Pat
Old 07-19-2001, 02:17 PM   #13  
cookies are for browsers

Default Success?

Hi all,

Pepper, Maryjo, Cece, and Judy, thanks for your continued support. Hang in there - you can do it!

I noticed this morning that this Chopra plan is helping me to stay closer to the WW plan than the WW plan does. Don't know why yet but am thinking about it.

Anyway, I visited my old scale, the one that I gave away, and I did step on it. It said 199. Before, it said 212, then another one said 216. 13 or 17 pounds? Either way, it's a loss. The real question is is it water or is it real? Only the 180s will tell for sure.

Hope everybody stays OP. Listen to your bodies and pay attention to what you are eating.

Jennifa
216/199/170
Old 07-19-2001, 03:09 PM   #14  

Wow, have I been out of it. A couple of very, very long and stressful days but we rolled the system out Tuesday and so far it's been well received. I am definitely in the midst of PMS which isn't the best combination but even though I've been snacking, I've been trying to get some veggies in there. I'm basically at 0 for exercise and food banked points but that's OK - I could be at a huge deficit. I didn't exercise yesterday (got home very late yesterday) but plan on doing something this evening. So far the sneak peeks have been good - today and tomorrow to make sure they stay that way!

My plans for vacation is to get some exercise (tennis or run/walks) in the morning and try to have a couple of "special" meals - and eat as low point as possible for the others.

Sorry I can't respond to you individually but I've just got a couple of minutes before a meeting. If I can I'll stop in before vacation. If I don't get a chance to stop in before we go, I hope you all have a great weekend, week and weigh-ins!

Judy
Old 07-19-2001, 04:03 PM   #15  

Pat - Yes, it's certainly easier to stay OP when you have a wide variety of good choices at hand. Eating out at the last minute is a toughie, so is ice cream cake (which I adore), so I'd say you're doing good to only be in the hole by 6 points! What are you doing for Sara's birthday? When does she leave for college?

Jennifa - I think one of the beauties of the points system is that it gives us a framework into which we can fit various ways of eating. So I can see how following another plan actually helps keep you with points. If any of that makes sense. At any rate, sounds like you found the plan for you. That's great. And how great to see such a drop at the scales. Sure some of it is probably water, but not all I'd bet.

Judy - Congratulations on your rollout. Sounds like it was a success. It's always a relief to have these things behind you. That's way our conversion is stressing me out - it just keeps dragging on and on and on... And look at you: PMS and a system rollout and no deficit. I'm proud of you! Now you go and have a wonderful vacation.

I'm sitting here happily munching my Orville Redenbacher 94% FF Smart Pop popcorn. 2 points of pure yum. Having an OP day and glad of it. I have learned a valuable lesson - I cannot buy the Slim Fast Peanut Butter Crunch energy bars anymore. I cannot stop at one. Really defeats the purpose - could have real Butterfinger instead. Maybe if instead of bringing a box to work I can keep them in the deep freezer at home and just bring in a bar every once in awhile. Hmmm. I'm thinking for dinner tonight I'm going to have a nice big salad, some canteloupe, and a glass of wine. Sounds like a nice light meal for a humid summer's night and will make up for the Slimfast Energy Bar incident.

Have a great evening.

Carla
Closed Thread