Old 01-29-2006, 11:30 PM   #1  
Doing It...

Default Matron of honour

My brothers finacee asked me to be her matron of honour which is awesome. I am so excited to stand up for her while she marries my baby bro.
The wedding is in September which gives me time to lose some weight (which I have already started to do) and tone up a bit for the strapless dress we are buying.

But why oh why does the rest of her wedding party have to be tiny? (5 other girls)
I take a 14/15 and I think I am a good 7-8 dress sizes larger than the next biggest girl (who isn't big at all, in fact she is normally a smaller size and will be for the wedding but she just gave birth 2 weeks ago).
It motivates me and makes me want to cry at the same time.
smiles16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 12:14 AM   #2  
Wild Angels

Height: 5'2

Oh I so know what you mean! I have two weddings to go to later on this year, which is also my motivating factor, and Lord knows I don't want to be the girl in the bathroom who can't get the dress on! Not only that, but I've got friends coming who I haven't seen in ages, so this is my one chance to really wow everybody without upstanding the bride, of course. LOL
NemesisClaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 08:25 AM   #3  
repeat offender

S/C/G: 178/167/105

Height: 5' 3"

Talking

I also have a wedding to attend, not sure when since they haven't set the date yet. But I know it's going to be sometimes this year. I would really like to look great for it.
Miaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 08:44 AM   #4  

I'm maid of honor at a wedding in August...... We went and ordered my dress earlier this month, and I'm convinced that when it comes in it'll need LOTS of alterations! At least, that's what I'm planning on..... While I may wear 14 pants, my dress size is a 20W cos I'm top heavy.... That was a little disappointing to see, but like I said, I'm going to need to get it taken in by August!!

Good luck to us all!
britomart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 06:49 PM   #5  
mom2cole

You can loose quite a bit of weight by september so don't get disappointed. I also have a wedding to attend where I will see quite a few people who I haven't seen in a long time and I want to look great also.
mom2cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 10:58 PM   #6  

I'm in the same situation as you! I'm the MOH in a wedding in August. The other bm's are skinni! It's also a hard situation because I met the bride in college, and we've been close friends ever since. The bm's are all friends from high school and are kinda acting nasty because they feel one of them should be standing up for the bride. Anyways.... it's been a bit of an interesting situation, but hey, i'm there for the bride...

Anyways, i ordered my dress on Saturday... there's a pic of it in my blog. I was fitted into an 18, which is good because I was in a wedding last summer nad my dress was a 20! Whooo progress. I just want to be toned and slim by august... lol so i'm hoping i'll really need to take it in when it comes to alterations!
Linds81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 01:35 AM   #7  

I'm going to be the matron of honour for my best friend. The fact that the all the bridesmaids are sizes 3/4/5 is sort of what got me started losing in the first place. my best friend is also normally quite small (she's working hard on losing her preggo weight baby is just 3 months old) and I didn't want to stand out being a size 16 next to all the tinys.

told her I WILL be a size 6 or 7 by time her wedding comes. Plenty of time to get there. she's just started planning but isn't wanting to get married till sometime next fall or winter. hoping I can get to my goal by summer and then MAINTAIN.

lisa you have plenty of time. stick to your goals and you'll get there
sunstreeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 07:17 PM   #8  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

Height: 5'2

smiles, I just got married in April. I had 2 twiggy bridesmaids, one busty matron of honor, and one of my best friends who would describe herself as "bottom heavy." I was so happy to have them all up there supporting me and I thought they ALL looked beautiful. EVen when dressing for everyday no one has the body they want. ALL women think they need improvement, it is a sad part of life. Yes use the wedding as motivation to better yourself. But do it for you, so that you feel better...not just to look better for other people.
Stephanie Osborne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 09:15 PM   #9  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

I feel your pain--probably even more so. I am my sister's maid of honor in April. My dress is a size 24 (the biggest size they make that dress), and it JUST barely fits. Another girl in the wedding party is a size 2. I am praying that I never have to stand next to her--her waist is probably smaller than my thigh I'm not sure about the other 2 girls...I think one is like a size 8 and one is maybe a 12...in any case, I will be the largest by a landslide. Greeeeeat...
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote