Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 01-28-2006, 10:21 PM   #1  

Default Need Help

Im trying to lose weight and I cant, I started to used a tredmill and an eliptical machine tooo, and desont work I trying to watch what I eating Im 37 yrs old and Im afraid to keep gaing instead of losing
I just start to take smartburn but I dont see any difference.
somebody Knows ehat could I do ??
thanks
restart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 10:36 PM   #2  

S/C/G: xmas start wt: 156

Log your food and calories at www.fitday.com or www.nutritiondata.com. It will help you with the food portion. If you are taking antidepressants, consider talking to your pdoc about alternatives. Sanity is more important though.

How long have you been doing this? It takes a little time.

Drink 64oz of water per day. Very important.

Make your foods nutrient valuable foods.

Eat 6 small meals per day if possible.

Get Rest.
DeafinlySmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006, 04:43 PM   #3  
210 / 193 / 140

It's hard to make suggestions without knowing the details, such as how long you've been doing this, how often you exercise, and what your diet is like. If you've only been doing this a few weeks, keep in mind that it can take a while to see the effects. That doesn't mean it isn't working. Also remember that if you gain muscle as you lose fat, you'll be getting smaller and healthier even though the numbers on the scale may not change much. So don't get discouraged. The scale doesn't tell the whole story.
Margarita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006, 07:30 PM   #4  

Smile

Im doing this since 2 months ago, maybe its not a lot of time but I dont know if is normal, that I dont see any difference in two months thats why I feel like this, I dont eat a lot of fast food or sweets, but I dont know a good diet neither, thanks for your help.
restart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006, 07:45 PM   #5  

S/C/G: xmas start wt: 156

get a fitday account and then tell us what your calories were today (not tomorrow when you've had time to think about it).
DeafinlySmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006, 07:59 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 196/159.6/150

Height: 5'7.5"

That's a really good idea. When I started using fitday I was **amazed** at how much I was eating; I would eat a gigantic bowl of pasta and cheese but I should shrug it off by saying, "Well, I only had one bowl..." but fitday makes it painfully obvious where your problem areas are.
maegdaeien is offline   Reply With Quote