General Diet Plans and Questions - Michael Thurmond's Body Makeover

Pages : [1] 2

View Full Version : Michael Thurmond's Body Makeover

jenna
07-15-2001, 10:26 PM
I'm starting Michael Thurmonds 6 week body makeover system. As you notice in the top of the thread I left out the (6) :lol:

It will take a bit longer then that for me.

I paid for the 7 day delivery but "due to the popularity"
of this product it took about 4 weeks to recieve it.
The amount of data in the package is pretty good and with
my many years of experience :lol: :lol: :lol:
the data is well laid out and well I like it.

I will strive to do the plan as laid out and report the happenings
on this tread....except....I will use a bowflex to do the workouts
instead of the bands. Mustn't waste the $ I spent on the
Bowflex...p.s. The Bowflex is great :love: . Also instead of the
6th meal hubby and I will treat ourselves with a homemade
(with splenda) icecream bar. I don't see how it would hurt...but shhhhhh.... don't tell Micheal Thurmond. I want a treat at the
end of the day ;)

I need to lose about 95lbs...could do 75lbs but lets see.
I'll keep you posted.

jenna
95lbs to go

jenna
07-18-2001, 01:51 AM
Well Saturday was my official start day. The day I weighed
and measured.

Hubby and I ate better that day and Sunday. But on Monday
I fixed all the meals, exact portions. We have been walking
each nite for 30 or so min. and are working up to 1 hour.

I have managed 75oz of the 100oz of water I should be drinking and haven't started the resistance exercises yet. Tomorrow looks like a good day to put these in. :)

BTW I am eating 5 meals a day and one end of day snack. Not hungrey a bit!

In the first 3 days I have lost 5lbs. I am going to hold
Michael Thurmond to his 30lbs in 6 weeks.

jenna

mittens
07-21-2001, 09:33 AM
Hi Jenna,

Glad to hear that your package showed-up. I ordered the program 2 weeks ago and was beginning to wonder where it was. Did they offer to reimburse you for paying for the 7 day business delivery?? ;) I was going to call today and see what was going on, now I know, thanks.
So is it worth the wait?? I cannot wait to get started, I am really motivated and eager to get going. Any tips on figuring out body shape and all?

Thanks,

Mitzi

jenna
07-22-2001, 10:30 PM
Mittens,

Yes well worth it. Your package should be to you in about 2 more weeks.

LOL I tried the squeeky wheel drill and it truely didn't work. I even called Michael Thurmond believe it or not. Tracked him down to his own company in Santa Monica. I was shocked when I was put on the phone with him. I was just calling to complain LOL. Oh well, he did jump on the horn, called the marketing company and had their manager call me. Alas, they were backlogged and no matter how much I *****ed .....when shipments come in they send out by first come first served. They did offer to refund my money, but I didn't take them up on it, as I did want the product.

This past week I was on the plan for 5 days and was off of it 2 days. I lost a 5 lbs total.

My goal next week is to perfect the plan and be more perfect on it.

I gotta tell you, I was never hungrey eatting every 2 1/2 to 3 hours, but if I went 3 1/2 hours..........LOOK OUT!

I am so excited there will be someone else to talk about the pgrm with.

best,

jenna

mittens
07-24-2001, 05:48 PM
Hi Jenna,

Well, I am counting down the days! I found out that they did charge my credit card on the 20th, so I am hoping that means that the program has been shipped out.

So how are you doing?? Sounds like you are doing wonderfully, 5 pounds gone already!!! Hurray! :) How are the exercises?
Are there any foods that I should stock-up on in the mean time? I know that the program may differ greatly for different people, but there might be some foods that everyone should be eating.

Keep going strong! I'm here rooting you on! Talk to you later.

Mitzi

LANA_B
07-26-2001, 11:24 AM
Hi Jenna & Mittens, May I join you?

I knew I could come here to 3FC and find something posted on the Body Makeover! :D

Yesterday, I was home sick from work, and I did something I NEVER do! I made an impulse purchase off a TV infomercial. Yep, you guessed it, the Body Makeover program. Funny thing is, I had never heard of it before yesterday.

I have tried almost everything to lose weight. Something's have worked...but I would lose steam after a while and just give up on it. I know only I can make the difference this time around too, but I have to try again. My hubby almost killed me when I told him because I'm always starting something, but never finishing! :angel:

Anyway, since I just ordered yesterday, I won't be starting for a while (especially if there's a backlog on shipping)...but I wanted to join in now to get motivated.

Jenna - I too need to lose about 90 pounds! Maybe we can do it together! Let us know the progress!! Also, how do you make those homemade ice cream snacks??

Thanks! Lana

mittens
07-27-2001, 04:29 PM
Hi Lana!

Welcome!! Wow, your husband sounds just like mine! Ha! He is very skeptical, but supportive. Yea, the wait seems long---but just think how geared-up we will be by the time we actually receive the program. I am trying to get in the right frame of mind so that I will be poised for this exciting adventure! I have not even started but it already feels like I am empowered knowing that you and Jenna are here too---we can support each other and share tips, etc. :)

Jenna, how are things going with you? The week-end is here---this will be a tough time for me. Have you eaten out on this program yet??

Mitzi

jenna
07-27-2001, 11:08 PM
Welcome Lana!

I can't wait until both of you get your packages. I really like this pgm.

I just got back from vacation and am still holding my 5lbs loss. Monday I'll be back on the wagon and will try to post every day on what is going on with the pgrm.

I am really excited! I think this one will be the one. See you guys on Monday.

Jenna :D

LANA_B
07-30-2001, 08:57 AM
Hey Mitzi & Jenna!

Hope you both had a great weekend! Unfortunately, I didn't eat very well this weekend. It seems whenever I plan to start a new program, I always feel I need to get that last brownie sundae in, you know, the last hoorah so to speak! Oh well, it's over now. I've committed today to eat good until the program arrives.

Speaking of that...I ordered the program last Wednesday, and Thursday afternoon I got an email notification that my order has been shipped...could it be???? Maybe they've gotten re-stocked, and yours will be coming soon too Mitzi!

Way to go Jenna on maintaining your 5# loss!!! I'm curious to know more about the program, especially the eating plan...what can you tell us Jenna?

My husband is exactly like that...skeptical, but VERY supportive. We are trying to get pregnant, so I really need to lose some weight (just to gain it back with baby... :lol: )!

Lana

beachgirl35
07-30-2001, 12:33 PM
Hello all!!
I am new to this sight,but have been reading your thoughts on the 6 week body makeover. I am on the plan (starting day 4 today). I weighed this morning just to get an idea about how I am doing-I have lost 5 pounds in 3 days!! I am starting the fat burning(walking) and toning exercises today. I took my measurements today also. Friday will mark one week so I will post my results then. Just wanted to let all of you know that it is a good plan and very workable. I have tried just about everything in the past and I am liking this plan alot. It is nice to see quick results. I am sure things will taper off after a few weeks, but it is very motivating to see results in the beginning. Good luck to all of you!!;)

LANA_B
07-30-2001, 12:56 PM
Just wanted to say hello, and welcome Beachgirl! Glad you could join us!

I am very excited about doing the program and having online support here with you gals! I will try to stay dedicated in posting. I am glad to hear of such great results within days of starting the program, but I am thinking I won't be seeing a 5lb loss so quick. You see, after many attempts at various diets, to say my metabolism is low would be a GROSS UNDERSTATEMENT!:(
That, and I think the quick weight loss has alot to do with upping your water intake...and I already drink about 80oz a day!

Anyway, we'll see.....

I thought it would be nice to do a quick little biography of ourselves to get to know eachother as we hopefully become a strong support group for eachother! I'll go first...:D

I'm soon to be 29 yo, married for 3 years to a wonderful man, and I work for a bank as a Tax accountant (boooring!!!)

I've been overweight since my teenage years...highest was a few years ago...about 228. Keep in mind I am only 5'1". I got down to about 185 for my wedding 3 years ago, then went back up to 221. Got down to 196 on Weight Watchers last year...hovered at 202-205 for MONTHS without losing anymore. Went on vacation last month, etc., etc., and I am now......drum roll please.....218 as of this morning.

How is it that when you lose a bunch of weight, you say "I'll NEVER let myself gain it back...if I see a few pounds come back on, I'll get right back on track" but then it seems like over a weekend, you somehow seemed to put 20 pounds back on??? :o

If anyone can answer this mystery, please let me know!!

Lana

beachgirl35
07-30-2001, 02:38 PM
Hello again!!
I will give my bio next. I am 35 yrs. old and have been married a little over 8 years. I have only been heavy for about 5 years and would like to lose the weight so I can get pregnant. I am 5'3" and weighed in today at 202(I was 207 last Friday). My goal weight is somewhere around 115 or 120 and fitting in size 6 or 4. This is what I have been most of my life, so I know it's a good place for me.
I want to say that this program is also a mental thing. I have been doing lots of self-talk over the past 3 days. It might sound crazy but I keep reminding myself what my motivation is and that I can have pizza again one of these days!! I am trying to stay calm and focused this time. I too have been on WW and just didn't get good results. I know some people do and that's great.
About the water:you are supposed to drink 100 OZ. a day. I am actually drinking a little more than that. I have cut sodium way back, but not completely out of my diet. Talk to you all again soon!

mittens
07-30-2001, 02:58 PM
Hi Everyone!

Boy, with all of this support and encouragement we are going to do great! Welcome beachgirl! Sounds like you are already having some great results, 5 pounds gone already, terrific!! :)

Lana, I was reading your bio and it sounded familiar---we have alot in common.

I just turned 33, ugh! Have been married for 5 years to a wonderful man. We are also getting into the baby mode, but I want to lose weight before getting pregnant. I'm a shortie too, 5'2. I started gaining weight in college and gradually gained more as the years went on. My current weight is 211, I'd like to get down to 125-135. I have tried WW several times with some success, but never lasting.

I know for me, when I have lost a few pounds I tend to get lax with myself. I think that I can start cheating a little---testing things out. I ignore the pounds creeping back on---until something forces me to actually realize what is happening. It is a constant battle ---self sabotage galore!

This online support is really going to help me alot too. It will probably make all of the difference in the world for me. :) I'm still counting the days here---this is the beginning of the 4th week, so hopefully there will be a package arriving very soon!! Tick tock....:lol:

Have a good day everyone!!!

jenna
07-30-2001, 03:55 PM
Well we should call this the 200 club...LOL

I am 226lbs
5'7 1/2"
Live in Southern California
45 yrs old
married 24 years
Work in the Commercial Mortgage Industry
Hubby and I work from home office

Today got up dedicated to start the pgrm
hubby and I did our resistance workouts.

Ate oatmeal and egg whites (with tomatoes
and bell pepper) for break.
Note on making oatmeal good. Add vanilla
to your oatmeal right after adding the oats
then when done and in your bowl add
cinnamon and splenda. At first I just kept
telling myself it was oatmeal cookie dough.
Believe it or not after one week I now really
like it.

Then lunch happened and i thought hummmm
Chillies or the Deli would be good. Bad Jenna
instead I walked myself over to the kitchen and
made lunch.

My biggest challenge will be resevations, I
love reservations. :lol:

LANA_B
07-30-2001, 04:49 PM
It's so nice to meet you all...:)

It's interesting that we're all in the low 200's...

Could it be that out of 13,000 members to 3FC's, there are only 4 people doing the Body Makeover? Just wanted to put a call out to anyone else lurking out there...please feel free to join our quest!

Jenna-24 years!!! Woweee!! That's great!!

Mitzi-the self sabotage thing...it sounds verrrrry familiar...

Beachgirl-I try and tell myself the same things...."that is not the last Brownie Sundae in the world"...sometime's it works, sometimes not (like last night)

Be back tomorrow....;)

Lana

gramme
07-30-2001, 07:04 PM
Hello To All,

Have been with 3fc's for awhile but I was never really motivated to do anything but read alot of the posts,until I saw yours. I have ordered the 6 wk makeover but am still waiting to get it,should be anytime now. I've tried alot of programs with not alot of success. My problem is that I have no staying power, I start a diet and after so long I give in to temptation. I like the idea of this program because of 6 small meals aday, and now that we are all on the same program ,you who have already started it can help out us gals when we get started and need some help. To you all that have started the program,keep it up, your doing a great job!! You've given me the hope that I can do the same. Hope to check in everyday to say hi and to see how you are doing. Will give bio next time,just wanted to say HI this time.

beachgirl35
07-30-2001, 07:16 PM
Hi Everyone!!
I have posted three times today. I usually don't have extra time, but am out for the summer(I'm a teacher). I am just very excited that we can all chat and support one another through this program.
Jenna- thanks for the tip on the oatmeal. I am going to try the vanilla idea!! Well, it is time for my fat burning workout. My husband and I are going for "the walk". He doesn't need to lose weight but he is really trying to be supportive. Hope to talk again soon.:)

LANA_B
07-31-2001, 09:05 AM
Hi Gail, glad to have you join us!! I too have lurked in the past, but didn't feel motivated to post until I saw this thread.

A familiar theme has been running through all our posts...many of us has failed in the past because we had no "staying power", as Gail aptly put it. Well, I'm seeing a vision here....if we can all commit to support eachother, and look at this as the FIRST time we are trying (to get out of that "I always fail" mentality), then maybe a year from now, when we all have those made-over bodies, we can all meet for vacation somewhere sunny, and celebrate our successes!!!!!

I personally have been overweight for so long, I can't even imagine being 120-130 pounds. But I guess that's exactly what I need to do...start seeing myself that way so I can BELIEVE I can get there!

Some good news...after my minor binge from the weekend...yesterday I drank 128 oz of water (yep, that's 1 gallon folks...I'm floating :dizzy: ) I am down 2 pounds...so that's good.

Gotta go for now...will check back in at lunchtime!

Lana

JRomeo
07-31-2001, 10:44 AM
I received my kit but didn't start yet because I am babysitting my neighbor's daughter for a few days. I'm planning on starting Sunday or Monday. I remeber reading the best time to start is Monday. This was somewhere in the booklet. I already made my plan and see that the portions are way small. I really don't know how to judge 2oz of chicken. Any hints? My profile is mostly chicken and veggies. Any suggestions on the food. I don't eat onions and have to try this egg white omlet.

jenna
07-31-2001, 01:10 PM
Hello everyone!

I did great yesterday :) until the evening and :( went off plan. The only excuse I had was that I was giving myself two warm up days till the 1st of august. 1st of August for me is an important start as I have a family party to go to in Las Vegas middle of September for my brothers birthday. I want to be down about 30lbs by then. So no more flubs for me.

As far as when is the best start date? It is the day you decide to start. I am going to post my reasons why I am doing this plan on the wall by my computer so I don't forget and then lose site of where I want to be in 6 weeks.

JRomero, beachgirl, gramme, lana and mittens what a group we have going!

A good thing I have found is a George Forman Grill is great for the quicky meals. I am going to try the Jambalaya receipe from the pgrm and will let everyone know how it was.

I am a "A Type" for diet but when I am tired of the chicken and fish I throw in a little lean beef but stay in the 2oz's. I love sausa on the baked potatoes and brocolli tastes great with fresh lemon juice dribbled on it.

jenna

gramme
08-01-2001, 09:43 AM
Hi To All

Well still no luck yet on my order. I'm getting very impatient because right now in really motivated so I decided to get started myself. Already took a walk this am with the family dog,Jodie. She could stand to lose some weight herself.It's going to be a hot one here in Mich. today,96 with high humidity. Too hot for me, the humidity really bothers my asthma. Walked for about 45 minutes,not sure on miles but thats ok since I'm just starting out.I think next time I'll head out to the high school and use their new track so I'll know the distance. Have started with the water. My husband gave me a great idea. He wanted one of those big gulp cups from seven 11,you know the big,giant gallon size ones.IHe said to me to get one my self and fill it up with water and that my allotment for the day. I like that idea because the cup is insulated to keep think cold all day and I don't have to keep tabs on how much water i drink aday. OK,have to go and start cleaning the house, to you all, HAVE A GREAT DAY !!!

jenna
08-01-2001, 08:35 PM
That's great Gramme!

cooking dinner for hubby and myself right now.

me... chicken, brocolli and salad
hubby....pork loin, brocolli and salad

I drink 4 sport bottles a day to keep track. The bottle holds
25 oz.... there is my 100 oz!

I target myself for 5 that way I make 4....lol....I found that
if I target only 4 I get in 3.:lol:

Onward and Strongward!

jenna

LANA_B
08-03-2001, 08:59 AM
Hi Jenna, Gail, JRomeo, BeachGirl & Mitzi!!

Where is everyone?? Must be a busy week...let's be careful not to let this thread die out...WE NEED THE SUPPORT!!!

Well I haven't received the program yet, although I've received 2 emails saying it was shipped last Thursday...I come home from work every day expecting to find it there...maybe today...

I'm anxious to get started...I'm not doing extremely well just "trying to be good" these days. After putting back on about 15 pounds, I really hate how my body looks & feels. Yuk.

JRomeo: I don't have the program yet, but as far as the egg white omlet...maybe you can use EggBeaters?? They have an all egg white product. I actually prefer EggBeaters over eggs. I would guess you could leave out the onions if you don't eat them...but have you ever tried Green Onions? They're the long, skinny ones (look like big chives)? I find those milder & tastier, as well as MUCH easier to cut up! Also, as far as how to judge 2 oz of chicken, I would probably say that's about the size of half your palm (not including your fingers). Welcome to our little group, by the way!!
:D

BTW- Still need BIOS on Gail & JRomeo! Let us get to know you!!

I hope everyone else is doing well...have a great weekend!!

Lana

jenna
08-03-2001, 11:52 AM
JRomero

I got a little kitchen scale and buy my skinless, boneless chicken breasts at Costco. Then cut them up in 2oz and 4oz (for hubby) pieces and individually put them in sandwitch bags and toss them all in freezer bags. Then take out of the freezer just what I need. Did the same with the beef and porkloins(only for hubby).

Have you ever tried the red onions? or sweet yellows? much milder then the usual.

My eggwhite omlet I put tomatoes and bell pepper in. I think you can put just about anything vegies you want in it.

mittens
08-03-2001, 03:17 PM
Hi all!

Hope that everyone is having a good day. I had such an awful day yesterday, but when I got home guess what was waiting for me?? YES--the program finally arrived!! :D Lana, it took 3 weeks and 4 days---slightly under 4 weeks. Boy, can't believe that I ordered it that long ago, my goodness.

Anyway, for those of you who are still waiting it is definitely worth the wait. It totally blew me away actually! The program is so detailed, organized, and yes, totally customized for you. I have been on all sorts of programs and diets and have never seen anything like this. There is a video that comes with it that walks you through the blue printing and the set-up of the program for your specific needs. Plus lots of motivational tools! Hurray!

I am going to read through all of the material and then go grocery shopping this week-end. I have an all-day workshop on Monday where they provide your meals, so I will officially start on Tuesday. I did read a good tip in there to prepare all of you meals for the week at once, like cooking 12 chicken breasts and then dividing them up for the week, storing them in either the fridge (or freezer if you cook a bunch), then just pop them into the microwave to heat-up. I was surprised about how many foods were actually not very good for my body type. Like skim milk and fruit juices. We are all so unique!

Have a wonderful week-end everyone!

jenna
08-03-2001, 03:21 PM
Fess up Mittens. So....... what type are you?

I am an "A"

Remember:

"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail"

mittens
08-03-2001, 03:38 PM
Jenna, I'm an "A" too! Just like grades in school, ha!

jenna
08-03-2001, 04:01 PM
In that case we are A PLUS

Wait a second that sounds too much like a clothing size, nevermind.:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You know I think it took about the same period of time to get my pgrm too.

Here is a great water tip.
> Importance of water, are you drinking enough?
>
> 75% of us are chronically dehydrated.
>
> In 37% of us, the thirst mechanism is so weak that it
> is often mistaken for hunger.
>
> Even MILD dehydration will slow down one's metabolism
> as much as 3%.
>
> One glass of water shuts down midnight hunger pangs
> for almost 100% of the dieters studied in a
> U-Washington study.
>
> Lack of water is the #1 trigger of daytime fatigue.
>
> Preliminary research indicates that 8-10 glasses of
> water a day could significantly ease back and joint
> pain for up to 80% of sufferers.
>
> A mere 2% drop in body water can trigger fuzzy
> short-term memory, trouble with basic math, and
> difficulty focusing on the computer screen or on a
> printed page.
>
> Drinking 5 glasses of water daily decreases the risk
> of colon cancer by 45%, plus it can slash the risk of
> breast cancer by 79% and one is 50% less likely to
> develop bladder cancer.
>
> Are you drinking the amount of water you
> should every day?

gramme
08-04-2001, 07:16 PM
Hi To All,
Yes, the last few days have been quite busy!! With my son starting football and my daughter in cheerleading(both in highschool)it's been run,run,run all day long even after work. I need to take more time for myself, but....where do I find the time. Still no tapes yet,darn it! I've been such a good girl on my own. Drinking all that water and just cutting out junk food(thats my downfall). OK,well here somethings about me: I'm a mother of 5, yes that FIVE kids. My oldest is 28 and made me a grandma for the 1st time last Nov,a girl,Mychaela.Then we have another girl-26,a son-20,another son-16,and then my youngest,a girl-14. You would think I'd be super skinny after raising my group but it's sad to say but in the process of taking care of the family,I neglected myself. My husband,Gary says that there's more of me to love,and has never said anything about my weight. This is a big step for me,I'm really going to write this for everyone to see,so here goes. I'm 44 and stand 5'4" and weight 216 lbs. There I said it but only to you all,so I just took my 1st step!! I finally told someone my weight,I've never told anyone,not my husband,or my sister,not even my very best friend.This is every emotional for me,but I have to start somewhere to change my life around and even though I'e been heavy alot of my years,it all changed when I became a grandma. I want to be able to get on the floor and play with her and do all the things that grandmas do. I was thinking into the furture when Mychaela get older,say like 3,and all the fun things we will do together and then I froze and said to myself,if you want to be around for her you better take care of yourself 1st. That did it for me,that was my turning point. So I just take each day and see what life has to throw at me and just keep drinking my water!!!! I feel better already because I've finally been honest with myself.

jenna
08-04-2001, 07:43 PM
Good for you Gail. We're behind you all the way.

:) :) :) :)

JRomeo
08-06-2001, 09:11 AM
Hi all,
I started the program this morning. It wasn't as bad as I thought. Egg Whites are just something I have to get used to. Well, my bio, I'm 39 married with a little doggie. I'm 5' and 154lbs. Too short to be so heavy. Growing up I was always 100lbs so I'm not happy about this extra 50 lbs. So, I'm trying to start out right, I baked my chicken this morning, cooked rice and made broccoli. I should be set until dinner. I have to pack everything to take to work. Well that's about it. I'm at work so limited time to write. Good luck to all.
Jill

LANA_B
08-06-2001, 12:41 PM
Looks like we got a good little group going here!!!

Am I the only one who hasn't received/started the program yet? I feel so left out!!:( Just kidding...;)

Nice to meet you Gail & Jill...as you can see, we all have a bit in common...most of us are low 200's, and alot of us are Shorty's!

Jill-Congrats on starting the program today...don't worry, you'll get used to those egg whites! What kind of little doggie do you have?

Gail- Way to go on taking that first step...it's a doozy, isn't it?:dizzy: As I said earlier, alot of us are in that weight range, so we know how you feel. 5 kids!...I give you credit...I don't think I'll be able to handle more than 2!!

Hey, where's Beachgirl?? If anyone sees her, send her back this way!

Good day to everyone!!

Lana

JRomeo
08-06-2001, 02:01 PM
Hi Lana,
I have a silky terrier, His name is Oppie an has has only three legs (car accident) he's 8 years old and has more energy than me.
Anyway I am three meals in and not hungry. I still have the afternoon stack to go and it seems ok so far. I just need to make some of those marinades in the book. I really didn't read about them until last night and had no time to get them made. Have you tryied them yet?
Well I'm at work, gotta go.
Good Luck to all.
Jill

denisems
08-06-2001, 03:33 PM
Hi! I too have ordered the 6-Week Body Makeover. The informercial was great, plus I've seen the ads in the L.A. Times all these years since I'm a So Cal gal and his main place is in Santa Monica. I've just always wondered. I ordered it 8/2, and they sent an email out saying it was shipped 8/3...whatever that means. I am 41, married, mother of one daughter, and a high school teacher. It's summer now, so I've actually been taking pretty good care of myself--yoga, Tae Bo, walking, weights, etc. Since May I've lost 15+ pounds. Now I "only" weigh 260. Scary, I know, but when I found out at the doctor's office I weight 275 I cried for an hour. Scared the:devil: out of me!!! Also, a cholesterol reading of 280. YIKES!!! At 6' tall and a large frame, no one would ever think I weigh that much but the reality is--I do!!! At least I'm better than I was and that whole ordeal scared me straight. It made me realize I'm the only one to take care of me. And, most importantly, it made me realize I need to take my time. I know it won't take six weeks, but the true committment of fitness will take the rest of my life. Believe it or not, my weight that is good for me is 200 lbs. I look good and feel good at this weight. So, Michael Thurmond's program and me WILL get me to lose 60 lbs. I know I can do it, and I hope we can all rely on each other. Support is a wonderful thing. I wish you all the best, and I look forward to sharing our trials, tribulations, and especially all of our awesome results. Good Luck!!!
:angel: :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug:

denisems
08-06-2001, 03:42 PM
:o :o :o :o

Ok, I a 6'-tall doofus. I didn't sign my name. It's DENISE!
By the way: 2 cats, 2 dogs, 2 lizards, one daughter, one husband, and a whole lotta lovin!!!!
Thanks, Denise
:cool: :dizzy: :cool:

Serrano
08-06-2001, 04:18 PM
I've been lurking and must say that you all are just amazing! You plan, stay on program and talk with each other.

what I like too is that everyone is on equal footing here. Some forums can tend to be dominated by one or two people who post to death and try to "fix" everyone else. I don't see that in here. You all are gracious and supportive and everyone seems to be on the same footing.

I wish I could afford the program but my money is so tight I have none left for anything much besides gas and groceries.

With your permission I'd like to continue lurking. When I can afford the program, I'll take the big step and join you. I've been doing another program and am very happy with the exercise portion, but the food, though measured, is still broad-based. I'm an endo-mesomorph and the food doesn't really cover that body type. I feel as though I'd have better results if I knew which foods worked best for me.

Until I can get "official", I wish you luck and success!

Yours in lurkdom,

Serrano

jenna
08-06-2001, 04:33 PM
Hello Hello Hello

Welcome Denise!

Serrano - lurkers are welcome too!

Today was a good day. I have been just playing with the pgrm and maintained my 5lbs. But the great thing is that with my weekend eatting out - no additional weight gain.

Breakfast
2 egg whites with tomatos and bell pepper
1/2 cup of oatmeal with vanilla, splenda and cinnamon

Lunch
shrimp and chicken jambalaya

50% of water drank!

:)

JRomeo
08-07-2001, 09:10 AM
Well I couldn't wait I got up and weighed myself....I lost 3 1/2 lbs. Probably all water but It's fine with me.
I am on mostly chicken & fish, hardly any carbs. So I am trying to limit everything. I did have vegetarian chili last night for dinner. All beans so I added chicken, but it was great. I also tried that banana, mushed up with apple sauce and cinnamon, after it was frozen, it was wonderful!
I need to try some recipes. Any suggestions> by the way, thanks for the salsa suggestion. I had it on my egg whites this morning and it was great.
Everyone keep upthe good work.
Jill

JAH22669
08-07-2001, 12:40 PM
Hi everyone!

My name is Jennifer and I just ordered this program on 8/3. I am anxiously waiting. I am 32 yrs. old, married for 9 yrs., and I am a stay at home mother. I have three children, 4, 2 and 3 months. I have been overweight for about 5 yrs. I am 5'6 and weight 207 (IKE!) I have been trying WW for 8 weeks and got frustrated staying at the same weight for 3 weeks. I lost 6 pounds in that time, but I need better results. I feel like I put all this effort in and get no results. Anyway, I am so glad I found some other people doing this program. I will be around - but its hard for me to get on the computer on a normal basis.

Jennifer

LANA_B
08-07-2001, 04:53 PM
Just want to send everyone over to the new thread Jenna started "#2"...

But I think we should keep this thread pulled up to the top so anyone new can catch up & get to know everyone! OK??

joyceg
06-19-2004, 11:54 AM
I am looking for others who have been successful on the diet. I need to buddy up with the group. Help! I am new to this forum and I might have done something incorrectly. :)

I will strive to do the plan as laid out and report the happenings
on this tread....except....I will use a bowflex to do the workouts
instead of the bands. Mustn't waste the $ I spent on the
Bowflex...p.s. The Bowflex is great :love: . Also instead of the
6th meal hubby and I will treat ourselves with a homemade
(with splenda) icecream bar. I don't see how it would hurt...but shhhhhh.... don't tell Micheal Thurmond. I want a treat at the
end of the day ;)

I need to lose about 95lbs...could do 75lbs but lets see.
I'll keep you posted.

jenna
95lbs to go[/QUOTE]

BabySteps
06-23-2004, 08:25 PM
HI there,

I noticed the postings other than yours are from 2001, so there is a good chance they are no longer here or doing the plan :) Good luck!

lorriann
01-11-2005, 02:14 PM
hi guys,
i just ordered the package this week..i hope it works for me..
i am 24 yrs old..happily marry for 3 yrs with 2kids..
i have been over weight since after i had my first child..

i wish every one sucess!!!

wand1164
01-30-2005, 11:40 PM
Hi I just ordered it also but no one is posting on this one for some reason.

Star
02-10-2005, 03:41 PM
There is alot of different groups that are all doing the Six Week Body Makeover on Provida.com You can find all the help you need there.

I have done the MT6wkBodymakeover - it is a very good plan. I was a B body type and had to give up too many foods to follow it for too long. I did lose 20 pounds while on it.

Good luck to all of you.

darlin12009
02-21-2005, 06:40 AM
hi, i just ordered this at 5am....hope to hear from someone that worked with it and was successful on it...anyone out there?

darlin12009
02-21-2005, 06:43 AM
hi, how long did it take to lose the 20 lbs, and did you get reimbursed?

KTna
03-15-2005, 12:44 PM
I used this plan from August 2001 until Dec 2001.
I lost around 30-35 lbs just prior to getting married. I really liked the program. It is a very detailed system and is great for targeted weight loss. It is extremely sensible and easy to stick to. The exercise was the most difficult since it really focuses on problem areas - it hurts but it works.
I gained all the weight back over the next year 100% because I "forgot" to even think about being on a program.
I am vegetarian so sticking to the plan for me was a little difficult when the only protein I could eat was egg whites!
Since gaining the weight back I have lost it again, plus another 30 lbs over the last 2 years - I'm still working on the last 20.
This time around I had followed the ChangeOne program, that helped me for the first 30 lbs. The next 30 came off by mainly just counting calories and exercising 4 times a week.
I recently moved and have misplaced the Body Makeover kit. I hope to get back on that plan this coming week to get in great shape for a wedding that I am in in June. (like I said, I really like it for timed and targeted weight loss.)
The foods you eat and exercise you will do will depend on your body type.
If anyone has any questions about this program, I will try to help.

wand1164
03-16-2005, 10:39 PM
KTna,

Is there any way you can send me the food list for type A. My kit I bought on Ebay & it was missing. My future mom-in-law was supposed to bring it from Cali last week & forgot it. I hate to wait for her to send it.
Thank you!

KTna
03-17-2005, 11:27 AM
Sorrry, I still haven't been able to locate my kit. Still looking though!

farmchick
03-18-2005, 10:06 PM
I want to start the 6wk.bmo but am having trouble getting started. I just got the kit and think there is a lot to read and learn. Is anyone else starting this now and has it worked for anyone over the long run?

purplemotogirl
08-12-2005, 05:04 PM
Hi Ladies!

I ran across this forum by accident, would you mind if a newbie joins?

I'll give a bit of a bio. I will be 34 in October. I'm 5'4" and weigh 205lbs. I am married, just celebrated 1st anniversary on July 31st. Been with my husband for 8 years. Was on the slim side when we first met but have expanded since then. I am a full-time nursing student and will be graduating in December. My real bad weight gain started about 3 years ago when the the stress of nursing school hit. It's been a real struggle.

I just ordered the Michael Thurmond 6 week makeover about an hour ago.
I've watched him on Extreme Makeover and have hemmed and hawed for quite a while about buying it. I'm finally fed up and ordered it. I will let you know when it comes in. It said estimated delivery of 8/22/05, so we will see.

I wish everyone well and lots of success and hope to become a consistent contributer. Take Care!!

-PMG :D

Star
08-15-2005, 10:26 AM
I lost 20 pounds in 6 weeks and am a type B....

sareel
08-23-2005, 05:01 AM
Hi! I am new to this forum and am hoping to get to know some of you better! :D I'll start with a little intro then post what I think about the 6 Wk Body Makeover.

I am Sarah, 26, weighing in at 218 now. I was 257 after I had my daughter in August 2004 and when I started working out in March 2005 I started shedding some pounds. I am married and have 2 kids. My children have just turned 1 & 2 yrs old. My husband is struggling with weight loss too, so we are going through this together. I am a stay-at-home mom, do my schooling full time from home, and work part time from home. My husband is on disability for his mental health issues, so we both get to deal with that too. Life is hectic and the weight loss isn't easy!

Well, a few weeks ago my husband and I started the 6 Wk Body Makeover. It changed a lot of things for us! We have figured out it isn't the diet for us. There just really aren't many changes and we have been sticking to it pretty well. I see how it could work for some, it just wasn't meant to be for us I guess. I don't see it as a waste of time, I did gain some things from it. For example, the breakfast I eat is better. Before I had a bowl of Cheerios with skim milk and berries, now I have a bowl of oatmeal, a fruit smoothie, and some sort of protein. (we work out right after breakfast)

I couldn't believe how blah foods taste without salt after having been using a ton of it for years. But I could live with that. I have found spices that help. And Splenda is a lifesaver to sweeten things like the oatmeal for breakfast up. The water is pretty easy for me, I was drinking more than 100 oz before starting this.

In about 3 weeks, almost 4, we have only lost about 5 lbs each. I was highly disappointed by this. We both work out 5-6 days a week at the gym and have been doing very well with following the eating plan. And even when there was a cheat, it was still doing way better than the way we were eating before. And before I was losing about 2 lbs a week. It almost feels as if I am not eating enough on this program. Which could have slowed down my metabolism. Plus I have been so tired since using the program too.

Right now I am starting to read a book called "The Abs Diet", this could possibly be my next venture. I hate following these fad type diets, but am looking at this one as I did with the 6 Wk and hoping that it is something that can last long term, not just for the short time that they advertise.

I wish you all luck on the Michael Thurmond diet! I know it should work for some people. There is something out there that will work for all of us! It just takes time finding it.

Sarah

Manznita3
09-07-2005, 01:18 PM
I have my infinite meal planner but can't find my binder. From memory I have this:

Breakfast 2-3 oz pro A B or C
1/2 Cup Carb A or B
1/2 Cup Fruit A or B

Snack 2-3 oz Pro A B or C
1/2 Cup Fruit A or B

Lunch 2-3 Oz Pro A B or C
1/2 Cup Carb A or B
1 Cup Veggies

1/2 Cup Fruit A or B

Dinner 2-3 Oz Pro A B or C
1/2 Cup Carb A or B
1-2 Cups Veggies A

1/2 Cup Fruit A or B

Can someone correct me if I'm wrong?

Thanks!!!!

purple pirate mom
11-05-2005, 03:50 PM
Hi everyone. I hope no one minds if a rookie joins. My name is Shannon. I go by Purple Pirate Mom because my children are Purple Pirates. A little about myself: I was married at age 18 and 135 lbs. I began my life as a mother at age 19 and blew up to 225 lbs. Or so I thought. I got on the scales a minute ago to start my journey with 3FC and found out that I am 233 lbs. BUMMER!

Anyway. I have 3 boys ages 2,5,& 6 and a baby girl age 11 months. I have wanted to start the M.T. 6 wk body makeover for a LONG time but as life and 4 children go, I just couldn't afford it. Then last night, I got a bright idea. I bid on the program on ebay. My bid is at $9.99 for a new program and I have 3 days to go. I will get the system though, just can't afford to pay $160 for it. I am so excited to start. If anyone can give me a few tips before I start, I would greatly appreciate it! Congratulations to all of you that are on your way to your goals. I can't wait to meet mine either!

teresaethier
11-19-2005, 12:24 AM
Well, I am also looking for the support for the program. I bought mine over two years ago and am going to do it. I have a complete kit if anyone needs any info from it.
Teresa

CPAHughes
12-02-2005, 08:44 AM
Does anyone have the Type B menu they can send me. I want to see the menu and the foods before I buy the whole system.

Thanks!

slimNpretty2B
12-05-2005, 12:04 PM
Hello jenna---and all out there! I'm new here---name's Diane--- are you familiar with the Woman's World edition of Michael Thurmond's article? I've misplaced my and reallllly want to recommit to it---I'm an A/circle---

any chance you or anyone else can relay the info. given.

you know, I am finally willing to be the woman The Lord made me to be---I've been for some reason fighting...feeling as though I don't deserve His goodness the of a healthy, beautiful body He gave me...as well as to all of you.

I'm not very familiar with threads and all so if, Jenna, this isn't posted to all the others---and if you don't have the WW magazine condensed version maybe you ask and refer them back to me ???

Anyways---Thanks and God Bless you and yours,

Diane

laffingbead
01-06-2006, 02:23 PM
I think that you who are asking for info on the eating plan need to either buy Michael's book or buy the 6-week makeover plan, instead of trying to get it for free. If you bought the plan on e-bay, you could check with Providia and see if you can buy the missing materials.

mickeyc
01-07-2006, 09:16 PM
I have read all the great postings to this group. You all sound so committed and willing to suppport each other. I ordered this program about 3 hours ago and am excited to get started. Hope I can count on you for help.

Also, the users who were posting to this forum in 2001- 2005, did you have success?

mickeyc

mickeyc
01-08-2006, 11:34 AM
It doesn't seem like this plan is getting as many postings as previously. Have you started yet? I just ordered mine yesterday and am sooo anxious. I think I'm older than most of the people that are on this thread but am ready to go:carrot: !

MELODY525
08-05-2006, 09:52 AM
Is there anyone left still on the MT body makeover? :?:

2bfit06
02-21-2007, 08:00 PM
Hello Everyone,

It doesn't look like there have been any postings to this thread in a while. I hope that you are all still doing the program and still and having some good success. It's a bit restrictive, but it does work!

I have had the information for a little while, but was trying something else with no success. I have a very close friend who will be featured on the new commercial. She went from a size 28 to a 6, in 11 months. So I know that the program works. She was also very faithful to exercise, therefore no sagging skin and she looks fantastic. I am very proud of her.

Anyways, I started on Monday 2/19/07. I would like to give support as well as get support. So if you are out there and thinking about starting or restarting, PLEASE HOP ON IN AND POST! Let's support each other.

2bfit06
02-21-2007, 08:03 PM
Bumping It Up!

2bfit06
02-21-2007, 08:07 PM
One more thing....
Maybe we could start by listing what your strategy to stay on plan each day will be.

My plan or goal for this week is to plan, prepare and stay perfect on plan!

2bfit06
02-22-2007, 08:43 PM
Hey, Aren't there any takers? Don't be afraid. Post your feelings rather they be positive or negative.

Today was a POP day for me! YEE HAW!!

2bfit06
02-25-2007, 07:01 PM
Ok, I can't believe there is no one on this entire site that isn't doing or haven't tried the 6wbmo. It is a bit restrictive, but it's a great program and it works.

This first week, I lost 5 lbs. I know that I would have done better if I didn't eat the red meat, but it's allowed, just limited quantities, being a type C.

I guess if no one posts in the next couple of days, I will just let it be and do it on my own.

nicolbw
02-26-2007, 02:18 PM
I did this program in 2005. It worked really well. I think I lost like 30 lbs in 10 weeks. There were a few days in there that I didn't stay on plan or I'm sure I would have lost more. I ended up going off it because we were moving across country. We had to wait a week before we had a place to live and then we had to wait like a month before our household goods got here. (My husband's in the Army.) So staying on the program wasn't an option.

I would love to be able to do it again, but I don't think I have the self disapline right now to do it. I like my salt and can't drink that much water. I am, however, doing something similar. I've combined this program with a couple others. Basically I've added in a couple new types of healthy carbs and protein, but I've kept the way I eat everything (how much and what to eat at each meal.) This helps me feel less deprived.

I hope it really works for you.

2bfit06
02-27-2007, 03:56 PM
Nicolbw, Thank you for your reply. I am glad to here that you are doing something and that it's working for you.

I do agree that this is a restrictive program, but if you can take 30 lbs off, in 6 weeks, I guess it has to be. It's a very sensible and sound way of life and once you get to Living Lean, you can began to tweak the program to your likings.

2bfit06
02-28-2007, 07:54 PM
I guess I will use this as my journey....

Today was a great POP day! I feel lighter already this week, we will see what the scale says on Saturday.

130wannabe
03-07-2007, 01:39 PM
Hi Everyone,

My name is Lori and I just ordered the 6wbm last week and am anxiously awaiting it's arrival so that I may begin. I currently attend WW because I need the accountability of the weigh-ins but follow the Atkins diet. I have been wanting to get the 6wbm for some time now and fianlly bit the bullet. I am a body type "A" (according to the on-line test) and was wondering if anyone out there can give me a rough idea of what I should stock up on so that I can begin the diet as soon as it arrives. I have 102 pounds to lose so if there is anyone out there who would like to buddy up I would love to chat.

Take care and have a great day,
Lori

2bfit06
03-08-2007, 09:10 PM
Lori,
So glad to hear that you ordered the program. It's a great program and I have restarted it after being away from it for about 4 years.

It's my third week and I have lost a little over 11 lbs.

I would suggest that you start training yourself to get all the water in, cut out your salt and processed sugars. Chicken breast, fish and turkey breast are great buys as well as fresh veggies. I am a type C so some of the things that we get at each meal would be different.

I wish you all the best on this journey, post as often as you can and let's do this together!

Take care,
Ulanda

wildkitten1965
03-11-2007, 01:26 PM
HI guys! I was hoping people would start talking in here! I am on the 6 week program as well. I have started and stopped more then I care to say. Its not that the program is that hard...or restricting. My motivation has been compromised (by my own choice) by the stress of life. NO excuse! I have frequented the 6 week BMO site but some of those people get so hard core it almost works in a negative way to me. I only have one goal and its to get control of many aspects of my life, one being my health!

I have a lot of recipes and excel info for use with this plan and would love to share!

I hope your day is POP!

Look forward to sharing support!

Kat

Firefighter 85 Wife
03-12-2007, 01:07 PM
Hi Everyone.

I happened to come across these surfing the net. I ordered the program yesterday and now am waiting for it to arrive (ETA 23/21).
I've seen the commercials and debated on ordering. But yesterday he was on HSN and they were selling it as one of their show stoppers.

I am currently 225 lbs (God that hurts to type) at 5'5". This is the heaviest I've ever been and it didn't hit me until this past Saturday when I was at my golf lesson. My instructor was vidoe taping my swing and when he played it back, the tears welled up in my eyes. I couldn't believe that was me on the screen.

If I could even lose 30 pounds before I go on vacation in July, I will be happy. I also think if I do lose this weight, it will help me finally get pregnant (ttc for 6 1/2 years - no luck).

I'm looking forward to starting the program and chatting with you all.

2bfit06
03-14-2007, 08:51 PM
Hi ladies,

I am so glad that you decided to stop by.:)

Firefighter, you will not be sorry that you ordered this program. It really works, but you have to determine to work it.

Wildkitten, this time you are going to do it. I believe in you.

I have a dear friend who is a true success story of the 6wbmo, she lost over 130lbs. She lost that weight in 2003 and has kept it off. I am so proud of her. Micheal Thurmond himself delivered her a mini-cooper. I thought that was just fanstastic.

I am a type C and really looking forward to finding myself again.

Let support one another.

Elspeth73
03-17-2007, 11:50 AM
Hi all! There might be another section/thread on the forums for this... and if so, my apologies, I didn't see it!

Does anyone have any good food ideas or recipes to share?? I'm mainly needing breakfast ideas (type B).

A friend and I did this a few years back and it worked great for both of us... now many lbs heavier :p both of us are on WW and going to give the 6 week makeover a redo for a jumpstart!

Orn1218
03-17-2007, 09:25 PM
Hi! of 2006 I started the 6wbmo in January and lost 80 pounds. Unfortunately, I fell off the wagon and gained 35 back. eeeck! I've been back on plan for 2 weeks and have dropped 8. I feel good about getting back in the groove, and chipping away at the weight gain.

Anyways, I am a "B." I just wanted to say hi and add support to this group.:)

I make smoothies every morning in my Magic Bullet. My day doesn't start right without one!

2bfit06
03-18-2007, 09:29 PM
Hello all,

It's good to see more of you stopping by.

This really is a great program. We all know that it works, you just have to work it.

You have to prepare some things in advance to make sure that you always have what you need in reach.

Let's support one another to get to our goals.

I really like the Chili recipe that comes with the kit, but you can also check their site for recipes. Many of them are really tasty. I would not suggest buying the cookbook, because the site itself is such a great source.

I did however purchase the supplements, not the fat fighters but the others. I don't notice a difference just yet, but I have only been taking them for 2 days. They are sort of expensive, so if I don't notice anything in the next 30 days, I will not be reordering.

Have a great evening!

2bfit06
03-23-2007, 10:21 PM
Where is everyone at?

I hope that you are all still fighting the good fight and winning the war against fat!

I know that we can do this. Let's support one another on our journeys to healthier lives.

2b110
04-01-2007, 05:24 PM
Hi 2bfit06!

Read this post and wanted to join in! New to this community! Just ordered thru infomercial last night here in California!

Looking for support and wanted to write in! Maybe we could all keep in touch?

Tried WW. Lost 5 lbs. Snails pace. Very excited to try this---no wait, DO this! I know that it has to be a permanent life change, and I'm willing to try to get on that road to the 110's.

Hope u reply soon!:carrot:

MELODY525
04-02-2007, 09:12 AM
2b111~ I DID THIS PLAN IN 2003 AND LOST OVER 30 LBS. I'VE KEPT ALMOST EVERY LB OFF ALL THIS TIME. GOOD LUCK!!
THERE ARE HUNDREDS OF WOMEN AND MEN ON PROVIDA.COM DOING THE 6WBMO TOO AND THOUSANDS OF RECIPES. THE SITE IS HUGE. YOU MIGHT FIND SOME GREAT IDEAS THERE FOR YOUR JOURNEY! I JUST HAPPEN TO LIKE THE 3FC SITE BETTER. THE "CHICKS" HERE MADE ME FEEL VERY WELCOME AND IT'S MORE PERSONAL.:hug:

Little Ladybug
04-02-2007, 03:07 PM
Hi,

My name is Carol. I am 42, been married 12 years and mother of two small children. I want to start this diet so that I can play with my kids. I have bought both of Michael Thurmond's books because my hubby won't let me get the kit. I still would like to join this group for support and ideas.

What is most frustrating for me about the books is that the diet one (6 days) has the diet for the first six days and nothing much for the long term. There is no dairy listed at all for the diet portion and I wonder if the (6 week) long term one has it included.

Can anyone help me with an expanded food list? :?: I'm type A.

Weight loss trackers

Main goal

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/tulip-bar/slider-snail2/lb/246/119/235/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/)

Mini goal

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar063/slider-but3/lb/246/200/235/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/)

Marissa G
04-05-2007, 01:49 PM
Hey everyone i am new to this but i am happy to find some people doing the 6 week body makeover. I just bought mine this morning and can't wait to get started.I know that i am type B and i just finished putting together my little black binder! I would love to b able to join in on your discussions. i am starting at 301lbs but i am really excited about this plan and can't wait to c what lies ahead!!!!!I was gonna wait and start after easter but i am ready to do this and i can't keep giving myself exscuses!!! So i hope to meet some of u soon.I better start reading HERE I GO!!! http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar098/slide-bike/lb/319/145/301/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/)

2bfit06
04-07-2007, 09:58 PM
Welcome,

It's great to see more of you stopping in.

Marissa G, this program really works, but you have to work it. The key really is preparation. I would encourage you not to look at it as another diet, but a lifestyle change and if you are willing to give it your all, I am 100% sure that you will be pleased with the results you get.

Melody, I would have to agree with you about the the people here compared to the ones on the Provida site. They are a little cold, I think. I did meet some that were nice, but it's hard to find a good fit. That was the reason, I wanted to try and get those who were on the 6wbmo, to start talking.

2b110, you can do this! I know that you will reach your goal and you may just surprise yourself at how fast you get there.

LittleLadyBug, I don't have that information. Maybe if you checked on EBay you may be able to find a kit a cheaper price than ordering it from MT site.

Let's continue to be successful together.

MELODY525
04-08-2007, 08:43 AM
2BFIT~ I SENT LADYBUG INFO IN 3 PMS THE DAY SHE POSTED SO SHE HAS ENOUGH TO GET STARTED AT LEAST. YES I MET SOME GREAT PEOPLE THERE BUT NEVER "FIT" IN ON THE FORUMS FOR SOME REASON. I WOULD POST AND JUST BE IGNORED BY MOST. I FELT VERY INVISIBLE. SO I LEFT. HOPE YOUR JOURNEY IS GOING WELL TOO.

MARISSA~ SORRY IT TOOK SO LONG TO GET BACK TO YOU. GOOD LUCK WITH THE PLAN AND I HOPE YOU LOVE IT AS MUCH AS I STILL DO!! ALL THE BEST OF LUCK AND KEEP US POSTED.

I DECIDED TO START GOING BACK ON MT'S PLAN AND COOKED THIS WEEKEND AND PRE-WEIGHED AND MEASURED. ALL MY LITTLE CONTAINERS ARE IN THE FRIDGE AND FREEZER. :D SO I AM READY FOR A NO-EXCUSES WEEK! HAVE A GREAT WEEK YOURSELVES
AND A VERY HAPPY EASTER :bunny2:

AvalonGoddess
04-09-2007, 05:48 PM
Hi everyone!

I just started out on the 6WBMO last Monday, so I'm a week in. I had a rough first week and went off plan 3 times, but I've forgiven myself for that completely because nobody said this plan would be easy (especially for me since I'm an A type...lol). So in the first week I still lost 7lbs, though I was hoping for at least 10...but this week is no excuses and I'm ready for it. :)

^^..^^ jessica

MELODY525
04-09-2007, 07:03 PM
:carrot: WTG JESSICA....CONGRATULATIONS!!:carrot:
GOOD LUCK ON YOUR JOURNEY!!

I WEIGHED-IN OVER THE WEEKEND 4 LBS LOWER. WE'LL SEE IF IT STAYS OFF! LOL HOPE YOU ARE ALL HAVING A GREAT NEW WEEK!! GOTTA LOVE MONDAYS!!:p

dfyellets
04-10-2007, 03:28 PM
Hi my name is Denise. I'm fairly new to this site but i just got my 6wbm in the mail today and i'm truly excited to get started. I'm a type B.

LArteaga
04-10-2007, 03:44 PM
:dust:

Hopefully that will do the trick! I have heard a lot of great things on the program, I ordered it about 3 days ago and am very anxious to begin.

26 yrs old
189 lbs
5'1

mother of three working 8 hrs and keeping track of an e-bay sales account. I am trying my best to make up a schedule that will accomadate all that and give me time to cook (I heard there is a lot of cooking involved).

Hope to keep talking to you guys when I start, I think it would be the best motivation I could have :) Have a great Week!

2bfit06
04-15-2007, 07:52 PM
Hello everyone,

How are you all doing with your program? I am doing great, I have written out an exercise schedule for myself the next 12 weeks. Many of the exercise is not what is recommended, but I was doing the exercise before going back to the 6wbmo and I love it. So I may not lose as quickly but I will be getting a nice toned body underneath.

It's good to see so many new people that have discovered the program.

Don't forget the key is to prepare!

MissFaller
04-17-2007, 12:02 AM
hi everyone, so happy to see this thread is still up and running, i was a member a long tiem ago on here and i can't remember my login ( i wasn't a frequent poster)

i had the program for over 3.5 years, there is no doubt that it works, it's sticking to it that's difficult.

i wanted to get back on track but i seem to have misplaced my cards. i kind of remember the menu ( B and/or C since provida can't tell me which one i am for sure )

#1 prot & fruit
#2 same
#3 prot, carb, veg
#4 prot, carb
#5 prot, carb, veg
#6 fruit

could someone PM me with the right breakdown ( did i get it right ? i know B and C are a little different ) I really want to get back on the wagon, i have about 50- 60# to lose.

thank you in advance!

onmyway8802
04-27-2007, 01:26 PM
2bfit I want a mini cooper

Not really, I just want to be a success story. I ordered this past weekend and was hoping i would have it to start this weekend. I can't wait to get started. I am determined to put my life back together. Today I went to court to finalize my divorce of 29 years. I have a 19 and 5 year old boys. I love them to death and I want to enjoy life with them. Not stay stuck at home embarrassed of how i look in my clothes. No More!!! Michael hurry up and get that package to my house!!!

SpiritLed1
04-27-2007, 04:13 PM
The library carries his books. You get all the info without having to pay! I am checking out the 6day Body Makeover. It looks very interesting. I am a type E

Elspeth73
04-28-2007, 09:47 AM
Where is everyone at?

I hope that you are all still fighting the good fight and winning the war against fat!

I know that we can do this. Let's support one another on our journeys to healthier lives.

Hello! I'm bad about the whole message board thing...:o
But I wanted to check back in. Next week will be my "week 6" on the plan... I've lost 16 lbs!! I have done a little cheating here and there, but still keeping those within my WW point ranges for the day/week.
I feel better than I have in the last 10 years, so much energy, and clothes that I've had stored for years are starting to fit again.

I will admit that the longer you stay on this the cooking and measuring does start to wear on you, but it DOES work. Nothing else has worked for me in the last 5 years.

After next week I will probably continue to stay on the plan for a bit longer to keep seeing my 2-3lbs a week loss, my target it to be at my goal weight by July.

We can DO it!!! :carrot:

MELODY525
04-28-2007, 10:47 AM
WOW! ELSPETH WHAT A GREAT LOSS!! CONGRATS:cheer:

HAPPY LOSING EVERYONE!
AND A BIG :welcome: TO ALL THE NEW PEOPLE POSTING!
:broccoli: AND GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL.

ncjenni
05-01-2007, 09:32 AM
Hello All... I too haven't posted here in FOREVER. I also was sucked into the infomercial and decided to search "Ebay" for a cheaper better deal on this 6 week body makeover. Guess what?..... I found one and ordered it yesterday for $30!!!! I am currently doing WW from home and I mainly ordered this system for the workout video, etc. I was wondering if anyone can tell me, can I still be on WW & follow this program too? WW has worked for me so far b/c I have lost 17 lbs since JANUARY! :carrot: I am ssssooo PROUD of myself! I guess my question is... can I do WW & the 6wk body makeover together?

MELODY525
05-01-2007, 09:57 AM
HI JENNI~ CONGRATS ON THE LOSS!!! WTG GIRL!! YOU SHOULD BE PROUD OF YOURSELF!! :cb: I AM NOT THAT FAMILIAR WITH WW BUT HAVE RUN INTO WOMEN AND SOME MEN TOO THAT SAID THEY WERE DOING WW AND THE 6WBMO TOGETHER. WHEN YOU GET THE KIT, YOU'LL SEE IF YOU CAN. GOOD LUCK!!! THERE ARE TONS OF RECIPES NOT ONLY HERE ON 3FC BUT ALSO ON PROVIDA.COM
MAYBE ALL THEIR INFO THERE CAN HELP YOU DECIDE IF IT'S POSSIBLE.

ncjenni
05-01-2007, 10:13 AM
Cool--- Thanks Melody525. In 3FC.. were would I look for recipes? I love to try new things and with me being raised in the South... All I know is... FRY EVERYTHING! LOL So I am always looking for "healthy eating" recipes to retrain my Southern roots in cooking....

kihayes
05-08-2007, 10:52 AM
Hi everyone!! I hope you don't mind me joining in. I ordered this program on ebay at a more affordable price. I have been following and reading up on this program for a while now, but a single mom with a limited income, I could not afford the regular price. Thinking I got a great deal on ebay, I was sooo excited to get my new diet program. I am a type B body type, and it turns out that the package is missing alot of things. My own fault I guess. The six day part for B is not on there and a lot of the plan for B is not either! I have the of food from each catagory, the tapes, and some of the literature. Does anyone know if the type A plan work similar to type B? I seen somewhere that they are very similar. Maybe that will work?

kihayes
05-10-2007, 10:42 AM
Well I guess I'm on my own. If anyone happens to read this weeks later like I did, please PM me and we can support each other. I will also start checking every other day or so to see if anyone else has responded. I found the info I was looking for in my plan. I got my B menu items and started the other day. Not too bad so far, but boy I wish you could have 1 treat a day like WW. It doesn't even have to be something with sugar, but a peice of bread or something with a little salt. I think this will work for me but not as a lifetime lifestyle. I think after my Florida trip (5 weeks now) I will go back to ww. It is very doable as a lifetime lifestyle. Good luck everyone.

georgiawoman
05-23-2007, 08:51 AM
I have a lot of weight to lose more than 100 lbs. I have been on this diet faithfully for 4 days, I have lost 12 pounds, feel really bad but at least if I die, I will die lighter. Any words of encouragement would be greatly appreciated.

MELODY525
05-23-2007, 09:43 AM
Good Luck to Everyone Beginning And Congrats To Georgia. Nice Beginning. Most Of The Recipes I Still Use Came From The 6wbmo Website. There Are Literally Hundreds Of Recipes There And They Even Tell You According To Body Types.
Wishing You All A Great Journey On Your Road To Healthier Bodies!!

4thebigday
06-12-2007, 09:05 PM
Hi every one! Just as a little encouragement to you all on the program....
I first heard about this program maybe around Feb '05 from a friend of mine. She gave both me and my boss the quiz and copies of the essentials that we needed for our body types. I was a B, my boss was a C. I did it off and on for a few months, and when I would do it I would see dramatic loss. I'm talking 4 lbs a day sometimes!!! The problem was the preperation required. I could probably only go 4 days on the plan before I'd go nuts or just run out of food/time to prepare it. so I'd go back on Starting Monday. I went through this cycle for a few months. I would gain back over the 3 day lapse, but I would quickly re-lose it once I started up again. ThenI just kind of stopped doing it. BUT (this is the encouraging part) my BOSS did it faithfully, and she went from a size 16 to a 10!!!! And this was less than a year. It seemed like it happened SO Fast. Probably didn't seem that way to her though!! Hahaha. So this plan DOES work! It just takes dedication!! And a little creativity so the food plan doesn't get boring. From reading the posts it seems the 6wbmo/provida site has some good ones. I'll have to check them out....because... I've started again! Hopefully I wont go through the same cycle!!! But I started on Monday- weighed my self this morning.... and had a 3.9 weight change from when I weighed my self on Saturday!! I don't know what my start weight was on Monday... so I'm going off of the last time I weighed myself (saturday). To keep myself motivated... I'm going to keep reading the posts and getting information on the program! So keep me updated on all your sucess!!!! Good Luck all!

chubbyskychick
06-25-2007, 01:19 AM
Hi.
I've wanted to try Michael Thurmond's Bodymakeover for some time. I am going to begin it tomorrow.

I'd like to continue to post my progress on this same forum with you also.

Thanks.

chubbyskychick

kihayes
06-26-2007, 08:33 AM
I agree, this diet certainly works...if you have the determination for it. That has been my problem, not the diet, but the determination. I would do really good for a few days and then cave in, or just be in a situation that personally, to me, would of just been very akward to "not eat" or bring my own food. For instance, if you are invited over for dinner with your inlaws or coworkers...Provida insists that you should bring your own food or tell them you can't have anything with salt, perservatives, fat, dairy, etc..... To me, the sensible thing was to "swing" it by eating "smart" at those situations. Try to make up for it by drinking more water then recommended, excercise a few more minutes than the 45-60 suggested, and cut a little out on the rest of the meals for the day. On the provida site forums, I was slammed for being weak, and just not ready to commit myself for the program/diet. Am I really that out of line for treating a situation like that? There is NO room for altering anything on this program, and that is what my problem was. Especailly for a LIFETIME..that one was hard for me to picture. Does anyone else have this same problem and have suggestions? Like I said, the program wasn't the problem, it was me.
Regardless of my "altering", I did lose 18 pounds in one month:carrot:. Then I stopped and am trying to psych myself up to start again. I am also concerned that I will gain it all right back if I don't basically stay on the diet for the rest of my life.
Hope there's still other out there....:?:

4thebigday
06-26-2007, 02:32 PM
Yup. That's basically the deal with this diet. Sometimes it's just not practical to be able to eat like that. I work in an office setting- but I don't have my own office. So i'm out in the open. So it is a challenge for me to be able to eat my meals with out getting a few stares, and questions about what I'm eating! I hate that!! When people peer over your plate and ask what you are eating! LOL. Trust me, it's not that exciting. So my soultion to that was to just alter my meals, and make meal selections that I could eat and wouldn't cause a lot of prep time. Most times I'll eat my meal straight out of the little baggie I packed it in! I get tired of eating the foods... especially because I have to be so limited on my selections at work. But the way I look at it is- this is supposed to be a life change, not just a diet. You will gain the weight back if you go back to eating the way you did. So if you have to modify your diet for a day so you can go on with your life- so be it. You wont have special situations EVERY day making it hard to eat as planned. Last week I had a tough week. We were moving offices and I had a lot of other stuff going on. Toting around my little lunch bag was just not going to happen. So I'm getting back into the swing of things now that things have settled down.

Kihayes- don't give up or get bummed out. Get back on the wagon as soon as you can- and take it one day at a time. I got the PM- but my pop up blocker blocked it! weird! IM me on Yahoo if you have it.

Chubbysky chick- let us know how things are going with you!! Good Luck! It does work!

kihayes
06-26-2007, 03:19 PM
THE STARES ARE BRUTAL!!! I work in a office too. I would eat breakfast at home, and at morning snack, eat already boiled egg whites (or cubed chick-turkey) and stawberries at work. At lunch turkey with salad and balsalmic. Radishes are considered carb so I would have that in my salad. Usually would eat that again for snack, and at home, I would eat whatever weird stuff I need. It was work where it was hard!! Also, if you can find it, there are whey protein shake mixes around you can get that have no added sugar or peservatives (about $30). I never got around to buying any, but it would of been a good alternative to chick/turkey!!
Yes, I could live with this as a lifestyle not a diet IF I can do a little "smart" alterations.
Thats why I came here, I hoped this site (3fatchicks) would be more accepting of me here.
Thanks for the encouragement..its a nice change!!

pan
07-07-2007, 07:53 PM
Hi all,

I have decided to pull out my 6WBMO and restart tomorrow. Tonight I will sit down and look over my food choices and also order a heart rate monitor. Right now I am at 195 and have been eating like a mad woman for about 2 months since getting laid off from work (I think I gained about 20 pounds in a month and half). Although I believe I have found a new job that starts in September, I don't seem to be able to stop this cycle of overeating and drinking too much. So, right now is the perfect time to start this food plan. After all, I have a lot of time to cook and plan out my meals :D. That was what got me caught up in the first place on this plan.

For me, this plan makes a lot of sense. I take Metformin due to PCOS and insulin resistance, so the emphasis on lean proteins and low glycemic carbs is smart. I am also on thyroid medication. Years of fasting and yo-yo dieting have killed my metabolism. The results reported on the 6WBMO are so impressive, I am thinking that this plan could really jump start my weight loss. It would be great to drop at least 20 before school starts in September.

Someone posted about the general attitude of tweaking the plan that seems to be prevalent on the 6WBMO board and I agree, so I am here. Hopefully, it will be easier to get some support here. Honestly, I just can't see myself giving up the cream in my coffee.

I hope that this works and that those of us trying this way of eating can support each other! Good luck to all who are trying this!

Pan

butterfly73
07-12-2007, 02:29 PM
My dh and I are also starting this plan. We borrowed it from his parents after they both lost over 30 lbs in 6 weeks.
I do have a little issue though - I'm a type "B" and I don't have the eating guide for that type :(
Would anyone mind to type out the daily portions for me? The ones on the card - just amounts and types for the meals. I would really appreciate the help so we can get started. He's a "C" so that doesn't help!

Thanks in advance!

stranger n my mirror
07-20-2007, 10:41 AM
I did this plan about 2 yrs ago and it really does work. I lost nearly 50 lbs but have gained about 25 of it back. Last November I posted on the Provida website that I was going to start back up on the plan but that I was going to wait until after the holidays. I was really blasted for my decision to wait. It was so upsetting to me, so much so that I haven't returned to the site since then. And I didn't start back up either. I am now doing kind of a modified version of the plan. I am not going to be as rigid on some things. I am not paying as much attention to no salt added items as what they preach. I am not making my own ketchup or salad dressing. And when I have an event to attend I am going to just eat as sensibly as possible.

At first I liked the rigidity of the program but then life intervened and there are times when it just doesn't fit in. I know I can make this work without being so militant about it.

pan
07-20-2007, 10:39 PM
I had started the program and then fell off. I need to deal with the fact that I am a binge eater for sure! If I do not eat at the prescribed times, then watch out. It really is not just about the food!

I am going to start over again and maybe need to allow myself some leeway. I too felt that the board was WAY too rigid and sometimes, downright nasty.
Going to start over again on Monday so I have time to shop.

Sorry, I don't have the cards for the B amounts available to me. Maybe they are listed on the mybodymakeover.com site?

Pan

2muchbackend
07-20-2007, 11:50 PM
I got the kit about 3 years ago and did real good for about 2 weeks then fell of the wagon big time. I went to the provida board at that time and said how I was starving and they pretty much said get over it so I fell off. I have alot of weight to lose so 2 oz of tuna is just not realistic so I couldn't stick to it. I also have pcos/insulin resistance and need to lose weight just having problems finding something I can stick to.

pan
07-21-2007, 12:49 PM
Hi Carrie,

I too have pcos/insulin resistance and am taking metformin - 3000 mg per day. For years I maintained my weight by not eating much at all or by fasting for days at a time, which killed my metabolism. To maintain 140 I was eating 1000 calories a day and walking about 5 miles a day. I can go most of the day without eating yet, when I give myself the chance to eat, all bets are off. Also, I tend to want to eat the sugary stuff - not unexpected for one who has pcos. The metformin has helped a great deal with the sugar cravings and 6WBMO did a great job for me - WHEN I could actually prepare the food and eat according to a schedule. I am afraid to weigh myself this coming Monday - I fear that I have hit 200 again. YIKES!!

I am going to give 6WBMO another shot and am going to be a little more lenient with the program. Due to my awareness that I do have a binge eating disorder (and I KNOW that I do), getting that in check seems to be of most concern. This is a healthy food plan because it is tailored to lose weight and bring down my blood sugar, but some aspects are so rule driven that I fear it sets up an unhealthy dichotomous way of thinking of food, one of the issues that seems to be prevalent with binge eating. So, I am going to do my best to follow the plan, as intended, and staying away from all sugars and binge foods. I can say, proudly - no alcohol for 15 days!! (binge eating and drinking go hand in hand).

Good luck to all!
Pan

heath13
07-26-2007, 06:54 PM
Hi everyone

I just started the program yesterday. I attempted it a year ago but never really gave it a chance. So far, I am doing pretty good. I have had a couple of nibbles here and there, but anything is better than what I was doing in the past. I agree that some of the threads are a bit strict, but I just post on ones that I feel are not so militant. If your interested let me know, and I will tellyou the ones I post under. Maybe we can all be a support system for each other. We can do this!
Heather

belle9
09-16-2007, 12:38 PM
I've read thro all the threads form back in 2001!!
I'm waiting for my book to be delivered by Amazon!! 2 weeks more at least!! name is Michelle an di live in bonnie Scotland, Michael Thurmond has yet to reach our shores except on the Extreme Make Over show!!!
I've looked on the web site and done all the tests and i'm Type E i even look like the computer generated image!!!
Is there any of you still out there on the diet!???

maryshady
09-16-2007, 03:15 PM
Hi Belle
I'm doing a modified version of the program. I don't have the kit but I found some info online for the 6 day makeover and I am adding some calories to it. I did it all week this week and really like it. It is a lot of cooking and prep but well worth it . I was hungry by meal times but never starving throughout the day.

Looking forward to getting to know you.

belle9
09-17-2007, 04:50 AM
Hello Mary

Thank you for your reply, was nice to hear that there was still someone there.
can you tell me why you've modified the diet?
i ask because i'm allergic to wheat, gluten and dairy and hope that this isn't going to be a problem on the diet!! your thinking how on earth has she managed to put on so much weight when she cant in theory eat any naughty foods!! i wonder myself!! sometimes i cant resist cause i feel like i'm missing out all the time so i eat them and just suffer the next day. But i think that i just eat alot of what i'm hoping are just the wrong foods for my type!!
I've only recently moved to Scotland. I met a lovely scottish man on the internet and after a year and lots of visits i moved in with him. I'm from Plymouth in Devon well its almost cornwall, originally. i've put the weight on since i've been with the scottish man!!! the phrase fat and happy has never been more true, but that doesn't mean its good!!! he's happy with how i am now but i'm not, so its time to sort it out.
Michelle

maryshady
09-17-2007, 08:28 AM
I am modifying because the diet I found is for a six day mini makeover. You are suppose to lose 10 lbs in 6 days. But the calories are low around 1000. So I modify by adding extra ounces of protein, and some nuts for a snack at night.
It comes to around 1500 cals which I think is safer since I exercise. I don't have time now (leaving for work) but I will ppost the diet later.

Nice to meet you!

belle9
09-17-2007, 10:45 AM
Hello Mary

I would be interested in anything you can share with me,diet and exercise. Having a diet that you can succeed on is the most important thing but i think your right 1000 cals would be hard to sustain if your exercising!! i can see why it works tho!!
Hope you've had a stress free day at work,
Michelle

bandit2
09-24-2007, 11:45 AM
so how is everyone liking this????

maryshady
10-09-2007, 07:17 PM
Started back on this today. Doing it in combination with the Beck Solution Book. Is anyone else doing Michael Thurmond?

bandit2
10-10-2007, 02:22 PM
Hi, I just received the information, got the book together and I am reading it.
Hoping to start next week. Need to get my mind organized for this. I was doing WW for a long time but think I need a change.

So, you have done this programme before? Why would you combine it with another programme? Hope I am not asking silly questions.

maryshady
10-10-2007, 09:13 PM
The Beck SolutionDiet is not a diet but a cognitive therapy step by step book. It helps deal with all the head stuff that goes along with overeating. Each day there are more steps to do as you learn to eat like a thin person.

I have never done the MT actual program as it is too expensive. I found the mini makeover on line and I do that one just modify it a little cause it is too low in calories. It follows the same premise as the actual diet just smaller portions.

I am on the second day and doing well so far.

bandit2
10-11-2007, 01:15 PM
Goodluck with this, Mary and keep me posted on your progress.

I am planning on starting this Monday - will let you know how I do.

Bye for now.

bandit2
10-22-2007, 01:22 PM
Is anyone else doing this programme?????

Or is there another forum for this?

happy2bme
10-22-2007, 01:58 PM
Bandit -

There are a couple of people on the forum who have done this diet. I did it years ago. There were some people who made "unfavorable comments" about it. I agree that the 6 week plan is too radical but... as far as the regular part of the diet I was very pleased. It was a big eye opener to me that it wasn't the fat content I should be focusing on but instead I needed to make sure I was cutting out the sugar as much as possible. For the first time in years I saw the scale start to shift down.

I think eating the mini meals helped alot. At the time I was working from home and was more easily able to fit in the gym workouts as well as the mini meals. Once I was back in the office again and got out of my routine - it was especially difficult to remember or be able to eat every 2 hours or so - the weight loss stopped.

I'm back to WW again. Of all the diet plans discussed on this forum, it seems that the Michael Thurmond plan was one that never drew much of a discussion thread here.

Don't let that discourage you in your efforts. Good luck to you!

CIRCLES
10-22-2007, 02:47 PM
Hello All

I have looked into this program around the net, it seems to be a bit too restrictive. But I was thinking of getting the book that is suppose to be the program more compiled. I am more curious about the exercise portion, if anyone is a body type A can you tell me what the exercise portion is like if that is not going against any rules. I took the online questionair and it says i'm type A.

Thanks for any help

bandit2
11-02-2007, 01:05 PM
Hi - I took the quiz and am a type A as well. But have just decided for now to go to gym instead of his exercises.

Take care!

TurboMom38
11-06-2007, 08:15 AM
I would just like to say that the 6WBMO works and so does other programs, but you have to make up your mind that you are going to work it.

Yes, in the weightloss phase it is a little restrictive, but it's real food and it's all about learning what works for your body. The Provida site has tons of delicious recipes that other members on the plan have come up with and that will give you plenty of variety.

This is my second go around with the plan and it's not the plans fault that I fell off the wagon, but my own. It's a well put together plan that allows you to eat real food without purchasing expensive bars or shakes.

It's all about a lifestyle change and a made up mind to make those needed changes.

So while the program has been talked about in a negative light, I believe in the program because I know that it works.

bandit2
11-07-2007, 01:33 PM
Good attitude - so how is it going? I am still doing gym for my exercise & so far doing pretty good. Down 10.2# in 3 weeks - probably should have been more, but I am pleased with this.

TurboMom38
11-07-2007, 04:18 PM
bandit2, I am doing pretty good! I know that I would probably have faster weightloss if I did different exercise, but I love Turbo Jam and Cathe' F. So I know that I am building muscle and getting more toned and lean, so that is a definite plus. I am a type C so I am little bit more muscular underneath the fat rolls anyway.

I feel like the little black book is a powerful weapon and as long as I focus and follow the plan, I will get desired results.

ChristinaC
11-12-2007, 01:00 PM
So I am curious bandit how are you doing I just ordered this program, and am ready to have a fight with my scale.....Please tell me how you like the program so far, I have been back and forth on weight issues all of my life I have gained 30# in the last 4 years I need to take control I am hoping this program will help me put some common sense back into my thought process when eating and exercising. :-) Thanks for sharing BTW.

bandit2
11-13-2007, 08:45 AM
Hi Christina:

I just started week 5. After 2 weeks I was down 10.2# so was pretty happy with that. Then the 3rd week only dropped 1.8# & had a few outtings in week 4 which lead me to fall off the wagon & I gained 4#. So back on track yesterday and I think the 4# gain was from too much crap over a short period of time. I was down another 2# this morning.

As with other programmes, it works if you follow it. I stuck to the book the first 2 weeks, then went online and experimented with some of members recipes and some were pretty good. Like adding eggwhites to oatmeal - that has helped with breakfast.

Good luck on this & wish there were more people to talk with about the programme. I am going to gym for my exercise & haven't tried any of theirs yet. Let me know how you do.

Bye for now.

yooperfinn
11-14-2007, 09:08 AM
HI!

Just got my kit and am gonna put it together today. Just scanning through the material..so much to go through - they sure give you enough stuff to help you through your journey. I'll try to check in as much as I can, possibly each day. I'm a Lifetime member of WW, but of course I gained my weight back by not keeping up with good habits and meetings. I think human connection during weight loss is essential! My problem is (ok, I'll say it!) laziness. I need to face my issues and deal with them once and for all. I'm a 60-year old wife, mom, grandma who wants to get healthier. Admit looks are a factor, too, but not as much as wanting to live longer.

SUE

NCDeb
11-14-2007, 10:31 AM
Hi All,

I just started the 6WBMO on Sunday. I'm 48 and have 40 to 50 lbs to lose. (It's been so long since I have been thin I don't know what weight I am shooting for!) I am a scale addict so I have weighed myself everyday and I am down 5 lbs in 3 days so that is very encouraging and will probably keep me honest for a while longer.

I gotta say though - the food is terrible!!! I'm doing the Rapid Result this week and I don't like white meat poultry, tuna, grapefruit, or mixed berries (this time of year they are really sour) and going without fat, salt and dairy is torturous for me! So forgive me if I get a little whiney.

My husband and I are going to Bonaire in February and I would like to be in a size 10 by then so this is calling for drastic measures. After that I can slow down and get on a more reasonable diet.

So I am curious - for those who have been on the diet for the entire 6 weeks - how did you do? Deb in NC

TurboMom38
11-14-2007, 02:45 PM
NCDeb, You should not start out your first 6 weeks doing the Rapid Results, that is not recommended. That is way too restrictive for your initial start. If you are having a problem with bland tasting food, Mrs. Dash is a lifesaver. There are many different varieties.

bandit2
11-14-2007, 02:52 PM
Hi everyone:

Sue - yes, there is alot of material to go through and it took me forever to sort it all out. I haven't done their exercises yet, still doing my own thing at the gym.

Deb - I didn't find the food too bad & once I started added eggwhites to oatmeal that made breakfast better. Was getting tired of plain oatmeal.

As I mentioned earlier I had a blow out & regained 4# but this week am back down to what I was at end of week 3 which was 10.2#. I wasn't as strict as I should have been, but still was pleased with the results.

My challenge is I am going on trip starting tomorrow for 1 week & it is all inclusive food & drinks. So hoping to behave somewhat & get in extra exercise.

Good luck & welcome everyone.

TerryT
11-14-2007, 08:04 PM
I LOVE this program! I have lost 45 LB's and 25 inches. This is the easiest program ever after you get used to it. It took me 2 weeks to get the hang of it and the no salt thing was a big issue to start with. Now I cannot even stand salt at all. I have 5 -10 more to go but will eat this way for life. I lost 5 sizes too.

I say anyone doing the program, give it a good 2 weeks and always have your food prepared to eat at your scheduled times.

NCDeb
11-15-2007, 06:33 AM
Wow TerryT!!! Great results!!! Congratulations!!! That is very encouraging.

bandit2 - are you adding raw eggwhites to the oatmeal before cooking? I exercise in the morning so I have been cooking the banana in with my oatmeal and adding corriander and cardamom and eating boiled egg whites. (Tried frying the slimey litte guys but with no oil they stuck to my non-stick pans!) Good luck on your vacation, and enjoy.

TurboMom38: Restrictive is an understatement considering what I am accustomed to eating. <g> Yesterday was the first day I wasn't starved to death! Actually I am doing the "Lose a Whole Dress/Pant Size by Friday' and my material suggests you start with that. (Purchased it almost a year ago.)

Yooper - Just realized your location - I have friends up there hunting this week! Have you sorted through all the stuff yet? My daughter is doing this with me and I 'let' her figure it out and she even calculated how much chicken/turkey/veggies we needed for the week.

bandit2
11-15-2007, 09:50 AM
Hi Deb:

I put 1/4 cup uncooked oatmeal in dish, add water & nuke on high for 1 minute, stir then add the uncooked eggwhite and nuke for another minute, then stir and add either some cinnamon or brown sugar-twin.

This makes it very creamy and I don't miss the milk at all.

Congrats on all the fabulous losses. I am off to Cuba today for 1 week and hopefully will OK with the food.

Good luck & talk soon.

NCDeb
11-15-2007, 10:26 AM
bandit2 - Cuba!!! I am so jealous. Have a great time! Will try the oatmeal recipe tomoorw. Haven't heard of brown sugar twin but sounds good.

yooperfinn
11-16-2007, 09:32 AM
HI...

I finally got through all the stuff and got my book together (type B). Today I go grocery shopping for all of the stuff I need.

bandit2: Thanks for the reply and encouragement! Need as much as I can get . I think this will actually be fun as long as I keep in touch with the board.

NCDeb: Yes, my husband is at camp (boys will be going there soon) I thought this would be an ideal time to get started with no distractions. I've got a whole two weeks yahoo!! And being a B type, I can have turkey on Thanksgiving, too!

SUE

NCDeb
11-16-2007, 11:16 AM
Well, I tried the oatmeal recipe this morning and I love it. Not quite like half and half but much better than plain. Will pick up some brown sugar twin and some Mrs Dash this weekend and that should help.

Yooper - I just love hunting season! Gives me a chance to read and catch up on my chick flicks!

TurboMom38
11-16-2007, 12:48 PM
NCDeb, I just wanted to show you where a BMOS said that it's not good for someone just starting out to do the 6 day MMO. It's on Provida's website, I have copied it for you below.

Hi everybody,
Just a note to those of you that are new to the 6 Week Body Makeover. After you do the quiz where you learn what body type you are, then you need to begin eating to that particular program by using your Fast Track Menu card.

Please, please, PLEASE do not begin using the 6 Day Mini Makeover!! Your body is going to be going through some changes, detoxing from sugar, salt, processed carbs and fats. You will experience many fabulous results from following your regular program. This plan, however, is meant for those who have been on plan and are trying to tweak their program or are going for a weekend goal (special event). It seems that when new members do the mini early on, that they MAY get good results that week, but then things slow way down for them. The mini is pretty calorie restrictive and may cause some so slow their metabolisms rather than speed it up. It can be FABULOUS for a quick weekend goal..to get into that smaller size

Also, another suggestion. If you want to get the attention of a Body Makeover Specialist (me, or any of the Associate BMOS) then it is sometimes helpful to post that in the Thread title or description. We do our best to scan the horizon for any postings that need our attention, but sometimes they slip past us! There are so many of you happy losers out there!!! :)

Good luck and happy losing! :)

NCDeb
11-16-2007, 03:12 PM
TurboMom - thanks for the info. The regular diet looks a lot more appetizing. I'll save the 6 day mini for times when I hit a plateau.

But they have a 'help page' somewhere? I have never been able to get on any of their help sections of the 6WBMO. The page where you log in will not come up, I get "the connection to my.provida.com has been terminated" error - and the 24/7 help I get a "page cannot be found" error. Do any of the rest of you have trouble accessing the site? I'm using Netscape and also tried Explorer.

TurboMom38
11-16-2007, 05:52 PM
NCDeb, Go to Provida's official site and then Forums, there is a lot of good information on there.

I didn't want to scare you away from the 6 day mini makeover, but I knew that it wasn't ideal to start with that. Maybe after your first 6 weeks when you are used to the program you can do it if you feel you need to.

I am down 10 lbs in my first 2 1/2 weeks. I knew that my weightloss would be a little slower because I am not doing the recommended exercise. I never used to exercise and I quite frankly hated exercise, but I found something that I love and I am sticking with it.

NCDeb
11-17-2007, 06:36 AM
Thanks TurboMom - The forums clarified a couple of things. I had been trying to access through the 6WBMO site. I had a baked apple for a PM Snack and I was in heaven! The real deal will be much more pleasant.

I hate exercise too but I always feel so much better after I do something. I have never figured out why it is so hard to get up and move. Logically it doesn't make a bit of sense.

Right now I am doing 30 minutes on the Gazelle right after breakfast and will try to work up to an hour but I keep having weird little aches and pains pop up in different places. <g> Yesterday I started with the resistance band and want to work up to doing those 4 days a week. I roller skate outdoors once a week - well, right now it's about all I can do to just stay upright!

MonaRae
11-19-2007, 09:48 PM
Hello I have a question and sorry if this has been asked already.

Can you use seasoning and salt with this plan? I'm a Type B!

NCDeb
11-20-2007, 07:11 AM
Hi MonaRae - I'm a B too. But aith all the body types you can use herbs, garlic, onions but no salt. Not even salt substitutes. It's a bit hard and tasteless the first couple of days but you will get used to it.

NCDeb
11-21-2007, 06:58 AM
I'm still scale hopping but I just can't believe the weight is moving off this quickly. I'm down a total of 8lbs in 10 days. This is fast for me.

So what is everyone's game plan for Thanksgiving?

I am cooking for 8 or 9 and my original plan was to just cook normally and eat what I wanted but keep the portions small and get back on plan afterwards. Since this seems to be going so well I am toying with the idea of pulling out portions of food before seasoning and saving them for my daughter and I to eat.

Everyone have a great Thanksgiving and enjoy your time with families and friends!

TurboMom38
11-21-2007, 10:41 AM
Hello everyone,

I wanted to say Happy Thanksgiving to all of you!

I think it will be a pretty easy day of food choices as long as I can resist the pie. It's sweet potatoe pie, but it has some other bad stuff in it. Tastes great.

Enjoy your time with your families!

superninjenndo
11-22-2007, 02:44 AM
Hello all - First of all let me say, I hope each of you has a wonderful Thanksgiving!

This is the first time I'm getting serious about really losing weight in about 4 years, when I was my lowest(165). Since then I shot all the way up to 205, and now I've plateaued for the last 2 years or so at 185. I've always been active, but due to problems with my hormones weight doesn't come off easily, but I guess the upside to that is I don't gain it too easily, either. I've really been interested in Michael Thurmond's program for about a year now, and I'm ready to get serious and buckle down and buy it. It's very encouraging to know there's so many of you out there who are using it successfully! I'm aware that it mainly cuts out sugars, salt and processed garbage, but I have a question in general(or for any other B types); what are the overall diet restrictions on dairy? How much does the program allow if any at all? Because honestly, I can't live without my milk! I know, people say to get serious the only way is to give up certain foods you like, but I'd sooner become a lacto-vegetarian and give up everything else just to keep it!(Which I may just do if this program doesn't work out =)) So If anyone could let me know, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks so much and god bless!

NCDeb
11-25-2007, 08:23 AM
Just checking in - hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving.

I totally blew the diet on Thanksgiving - I knew I would, I don't know what I was thinking but I enjoyed every minute of it! I am back on track and am down a total of 9 lbs at my two week weigh in so I am back in the running again.

How is everyone doing?

bandit2
11-27-2007, 11:17 AM
Hi everyone:

Had great holiday but had lots of stuff not on programme. Gained 1# overall, but back on track as of yesterday.

Seems like everyone is doing well. Any new recipes?

NCDeb
11-27-2007, 04:32 PM
We want to hear about Cuba!!!

and how on earth did you only gain 1#???

bandit2
11-28-2007, 01:28 PM
Hi everyone:

Cuba was great. Beaches & weather was wonderful. Had a relaxing holiday for a change & did lots of swimming & suntanning. Also went bicycling and had a hour long massage which was heaven. We did a 1/2 day tour into a cuban city and did horse-drawn carriage & boatride as well. Lots of walking around resort & jumping in big waves.

I guess I managed to only gain 1# because we got in some exercise. Their food isn't as good as what we are use to, but no one went hungry. But overall food isn't great. But resort was lovely and people very friendly.

So what is everyone having today for their meals?

NCDeb
11-29-2007, 06:18 AM
I haven't ventured into real cooking yet. I'm still having grilled chicken tenders - they seem to be the perfect size - and veggies.

I hit my 10lb mark this morning - so I am excited.

yo momma fat
12-31-2007, 12:04 AM
Hi,
I was wondering If someone could PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE PM me the fast track menu plan for Michael thurmondís 6 week body makeover Type A, as recently I have had my second set of twins, and new babies make 5 yes 5 and I am 25 y.o and have had a lot of trouble with other diets and was hoping this one would work for me but cannot afford it (I live in Australia and it is $300 plus or $250 via ebay) I really need to lose this weight as not only is it a health risk, but I donít want to be a bad influence on my children, please help me,
All the best
Angil

rprbabe
01-04-2008, 04:30 PM
I am starting this program tomorrow and looking for some other members that are trying it. I've had it for a while and went on it a few days at a time before but always find excuses for not sticking to it and now I find myself at my heaviest weight ever, more than when I was pregnant years ago! I look in the mirror and am shocked that I have let myself get like this.

xxkarmadxx
01-06-2008, 02:27 PM
Hello everyone. I just joined 3FC this morning and have been busy reading. I have had the MT plan for over a year now but have not really done anything with it. I have decided to make 2008 my year. I will acheive my goals, big or small. I am a 34 year old stay at home mother of one. I have RA and OA. I have been on disability for several years now. I weigh 275 right now. Which makes it really hard on the joints. Down from an all time high of 295. I weighed Dec 30th 2007 and was 278. I started doing the plan but fell off a few times. So here I am back at it again. I look forward to posting with you all and hearing about your sucesses.

bandit2
01-14-2008, 02:58 PM
Hi everyone:

I didn't think anyone was posting here so haven't been on this site for awhile.

Angil - I will look through my stuff & send you some info since we are same types.

I started off good then got off track & have been mixing some of these ideas with ww which isn't so strict.

How is everyone liking this?

funkymonkey001
01-21-2008, 03:03 PM
I need the list of what I can and can not eat can any one help me with that? I'm a type C, if you could give me that info that would be great!

and lady's you keep up doing what your doing!

Love, FunkyMonkey001 :D

bandit2
01-25-2008, 11:17 AM
Hi ladies:

Did you know you can go on website & get basically what you need for your type? That is better than someone trying to send you everything online.

Good luck.

tntwhillock
01-26-2008, 11:09 PM
Hey everyone! I bought this program about 2 years ago, but haven't been able to start it because of lots of personal stuff going on. But I'm going to give it a shot starting Monday. I have everything that came with my package but can't seem to locate the Body Type B Fast Track Menu Card...anyone know where I can get one? Customer service is closed till Monday and I wanted to do my grocery shopping tomorrow.

HELP!!

miraclemom
02-06-2008, 06:44 PM
I too have the 6 WBMO. I have had the kit since 2003. I never really got into it though until about 3 years ago and really lost on it. I then suddenly got pregnant with 3rd child and went off. Well, he's 2 now and I really need to get back on. I was suproised to see a discusion about his plan here. I used to post a lot on their support site but I really struggle with finding and connecting with a buddy. I hope others here can do this with me. I look forward to getting to know others on this plan.

Jada
02-07-2008, 12:35 PM
I am waiting for the program to come in the mail. They said that it would be here by Feb 12th. Anything I should know about the program to help me get started?? I have about 60-70 pounds to lose.

fieldstr
02-08-2008, 08:00 PM
I am considering buying the 6 week body makeover. I've checked out different websites looking for reviews of the diet. Most of what I have found is positive, but I have found some dissatisfied users who complain that it either doesn't work or it's incredibly time consuming. I understand that any new diet will take some time and effort to understand, but what I need to know is how time consuming it can be. How much preparation goes into it? Some people complained that they spent hours in the kitchen preparing and storing food. I've also read complaints about the food being bland (that some or all seasonings were not allowed on the diet). Is this true? Or does it depend on the specific diet for your body type? I took the online quiz and found that I am a Type A-Endomorph. Will this affect my diet? Also, are there certain food combinations that you can and can not use?

I know I'm asking a lot, but I really want to know as much as I can before I invest the money. I've had diet dissappointment after dissappointment in the past. So the more info I have up front, the better I'll feel about the investment of time and money. By the way, does the "less exercise" really work? Cause I hate to exercise! :carrot: That would be music to my ears! Also, I heard you have to drink A LOT of water. Is this true?

Much thanks,
Tiff

mommyfat
02-09-2008, 08:12 AM
Hi Tiff!

To answer a few of your questions, I have this diet & exercise program. i have had it for about a year and a half now and have used it for all of 1 week. Life just got in the way and I don't think I was ready for the commitment yet. I am also a type A. This is the most restrictive on the diet. I will say that if you are a type A, you end up eating food very similar to what would be on South Beach or some other low carb diet. I don't know about how well the exercise works because I haven't really stuck with this at all. There are many seasonings you are supposed to avoid on this and many other diets. Many seasonings use a lot of salt and as such, a lot of diets say to avoid them. We all know, retaining water is nether fun, nor pretty :D I might get this out of the garage again and try to start over. Let us know if you decide to get it.

Good luck! -T

Jada
02-10-2008, 09:30 AM
mommyfat,
You are in bay city, MI we are almost neighbors. :wave: Let me know if you start the 6wbmo. I am starting on Feb 14th That is my valentines present to love myself. I am a type B and so is my husband so that helps out a lot. We can have the same meals and I can buy only the types of food for a B type.

Tiff,
Let me know if you do decide to get the program we can lose together. my goal is to lose as much of the weight as I can by June when my son gets out of school. We are planing a vacation to visit friends in Texas and I don't want to be the big fat sweaty person not able to keep up. Also I am the Den leader for my sons Tiger Cubs and I want to not bulge out of my uniform anymore. I am very excited to try this program.:dance:

-Jada
"You don't drown from falling in the water. You drown by staying there."
-unknown.
"Self delusion is pulling in your stomach when you step on the scales."
-Paul Sweeney

miraclemom
02-10-2008, 11:04 AM
I have had the kit for years. It took me a while to get myself committed to do it. If you are at a place of desperation, I say get it. It is hard and takes a lot of dedication but it definately works. When I did it a few years ago before baby I was losing between 4-8 pounds a week! I was at one point dropping 1 dress size a week. No, I am not making this stuff up. Here's what is required of you...
Drink 100 oz. of water daily
Eat every 2 1/2 -3 hours daily
exercise
give up sodium, fat, dairy, wheat and sugars

Basically, the plan is low fat. You eat things like oatmeal, rice (white or brown), lots of veggies, turkey, chicken, fish some beef if you are a bidy type D or E. Oh and you can have potatoes. The support site has lots of great recipes. I find it hard to get a lot of support there unless you join NBU which is a vertual college for eating. But that takes a lot of your time.That's why I came here. To find others on the plan. On the support site they are very strict on what you can say too and I had trouble with that. I still go there though for great information. I have a lot of information I don't mind passing along to help anyone out. It motivates me to help others. I am starting it all back up tonorrow (Monday). I have my meals ready to go and I must recomend buying those ziplock steam bags. They are great. All I do is prepare a dish in it and then freeze it and it's ready to go when I want it. I just throw it in the microwave.

I'm here if anyone wants to know more.

Jada
02-10-2008, 03:24 PM
Good luck on starting again. :bravo: I will get my package on Tuesday so I figure by the time I get it together and go shopping I will start on Valentines day. Let me know how it goes!!

LisaLisaSM
02-11-2008, 06:26 AM
i have a question about the plan. i recently ordered it and i'm a type B. I know that the menu includes oatmeal and rice and such. i've been low carbing for a very long time, now, and the thought of eating those foods scare the crap out of me. every time i have any of those things, even in moderation, i gain weight instantly. so i guess my question is, are the carby foods optional? can i get away with just eating protein and veggies, mainly, on this plan?

miraclemom
02-11-2008, 09:47 AM
i have a question about the plan. i recently ordered it and i'm a type B. I know that the menu includes oatmeal and rice and such. i've been low carbing for a very long time, now, and the thought of eating those foods scare the crap out of me. every time i have any of those things, even in moderation, i gain weight instantly. so i guess my question is, are the carby foods optional? can i get away with just eating protein and veggies, mainly, on this plan?

It's not recommended to leave those out. They are good carbs and full of fiber and they "fit" with the way this plan is designed. I would try it for a few weeks to see for yourself. I had to reprogram myself as well when I first tried it because I was comming off a low carb diet. No carbs work for a low carb diet. Good carbs work for this diet. Trust me, if you follow this plan, you will lose weight and not gain.

With this plan you are reprogramming your metabolism. On low carb, it's designed to make you "not hungry". On this plan it's the opposite. If you are hungry that means your metabolism is working. And you eat every 2-3 hours to feed that hunger. This plan is designed with specific complex carbs which are beneficial to losing the weight. Also, you comsume the carbs with protein which slows down the conversion to sugar.

Once you get your kit, there is a whole section under "Using Foods To Loose Fat" that really explains it all and the dangers of low carb to the body.

I hope I answered some of your question.

Today, I start back on the plan. Here is a tip for any "A" types out there. With our oatmeal we need protien which they call for egg whites. I scramble mine and put them in my oatmeal. You can't taste them that way and it works great for me.

Pammy8458
02-11-2008, 03:54 PM
A friend of mine recenetly gave me her old copy of the 6WBM and said she thougt I could benefit from it. I have been looking over the materials and it sounds really good. However, she had misplaced the infinite menu planner and the recipe cards. Can anyone help me figure out what Protein A,B & C or Carb A,B and Veggie A are. The ones of you who are already on this program can probably already tell I am body type A. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Pam

Kim in NJ
02-12-2008, 04:30 AM
Hi Ladies -
I too started 6WBM on 2/1.
Although I am getting more and more strict with the plan. It was a little overwhelming at the beginning with all the reading so I mainly dropped breads, pastas, sugar and salt from my diet on 2/1. I've lost 10 so far and now I am understanding the Type A plan better.

I have tried EVERY diet known to man! I did great on Atkins before having my third baby 3 years ago - but I cannot get back on it strictly and I NEED to do something fast. I would love it if we could start a monthly thread if anyone else is interested. I didn't think anyone was posting here and I love 3FC for support.

Good Luck to everyone starting!!!
(PS - I need to change my picture.... my older daughter is now 11 and the younger one is 5 from that picture. It's sad to think I've been battling my weight their whole lives!!!!!)

Jada
02-12-2008, 09:36 PM
I am sooo excited!!! I got my package today. I was a little mad at the lady that I talked to on the phone to order it. I asked if it was for woman and men and she told me no. So she sold me the "buddy package" for an extra $50 and I could order for the male. I get it and they are exactly the same. So little mad about that. But I called my friend who is going to get married (some day) and she is getting the package from me. So win/win I guess. So I did my plan. I am a B body type. I will go shopping tomorrow to get all the stuff and I start the plan on Thursday! So now it is just figuring out what to eat.
I do have a question. On the meal plans when it says protein a and protein B. I pick just one right? Let me know.
Good Luck ladies. Lets keep it going. Also if anyone has Gmail or Msn messenger and wants to buddy up for instant messaging PM me. I love to talk back and forth and I don't have to wait for you all to post.

Tigerseye
02-16-2008, 08:31 AM
I ordered my kit and am waiting for it to come! im so glad there is support here for this program...im gonna need it :)

Tigerseye
02-16-2008, 08:34 AM
BTW Miraclemom...Thank You for the tip on putting the egg whites in the oatmeal! I was not looking forward to eatting those, lol :)

miraclemom
02-19-2008, 02:32 PM
I do have a question. On the meal plans when it says protein a and protein B. I pick just one right? Let me know.

You guessed her chester! The "a" is always the better choice, I think if I remember right but you can choose either.

I must say, I have been on a bit or a rebelliun lately but I am back on track. Way to go to all who have started or ordered the plan. It really does work.:carrot:

bandit2
02-21-2008, 11:50 AM
Hi everyone:

We I first tried this I lost 9# in 11 days and was happy with that. I found it hard to have protein so often during the day, but it is good plan if you can stick with it.

Planning & preparing food ahead really helps.

Good luck with this.

Tigerseye
02-21-2008, 10:23 PM
Wow! Im starting on sunday and it makes me feel so hopeful when I read of everyones weight loss....that is great!

Pammy8458
02-22-2008, 04:49 PM
Getting ready to get started with this program. I have been doing the basics while trying to get myself to drink the 100 ounces of water. Haven't weighed during this time waiting till kick in full force to see how it goes.

Tigerseye
02-22-2008, 08:47 PM
I am starting tomorrow and just prepared my meals for the day. Im used to just eatting on the fly and not making all that food :)

KellyShet
02-28-2008, 12:57 AM
Hi... I just started on the 6WBM today. My friend bought it and shared some of it with me. I'm a type C. I know the basic deal... but oh boy, did I get sick of chicken today!! AND- I always eat chicken! What are my other protein options? I know I can't do beef.... how about peanut butter or cheese? I read in this forum that laughing cow works OK. Any thoughts on that?

Kelly

Mixie Molloy
03-03-2008, 11:08 PM
I have the michael thurmond...I love the chili..I use ground chicken...and hello how awsome is that resistance band...although I hate when my fiance is home when I do it, because he wants to "help" lol...good buy, but I think I can work the DVD player myself...he now refers to himself as my "Jillian" from TBL

cuckoomimi
03-07-2008, 11:02 PM
he now refers to himself as my "Jillian" from TBL

haha, this makes me giggle.:D

motivatedchick
03-08-2008, 11:07 AM
Getting ready to get started with this program. I have been doing the basics while trying to get myself to drink the 100 ounces of water. Haven't weighed during this time waiting till kick in full force to see how it goes.

me too! excited (same time really scared) when i get the plan this Friday...!!

bandit2
03-10-2008, 10:10 AM
Is anyone starting 03/10/08?

ayrdrummer
03-11-2008, 04:24 PM
Hi, I started 3-10-08. I tried once before and lost 15 lbs in the first 2 weeks, a total of 25 the first month. but I was having some health issues at the time and didn't stick with it. That was almost 5 years ago. I'm really committed to trying this again...will keep you posted on how it goes!

ayrdrummer
03-12-2008, 11:21 AM
Not sure what to think, I started at 163.5 on Sunday, Tuesday I was down to 159, but up to 160 today. My body has changed so much since the last time I tried this eating plan that I'm worried I won't have any success on this
A bit about me, I'm 46 and had a hysterectomy 2 years ago---that's when my body started to change.
Has anyone else had similar experience?

goincrazyinky
04-11-2008, 07:48 AM
I am going to start the plan and need support. I looked at the posts and nobody has posted recently on this plan. Am I looking in the wrong place?

CutieSusieQ
04-21-2008, 12:41 PM
I am going to start the plan and need support. I looked at the posts and nobody has posted recently on this plan. Am I looking in the wrong place?

Hey! I have had this plan for about two years now. I bought it from eBay. I actually like this plan, but it is rather hard sometimes. The food gets boring, but I did it without the recipe book. This is my second time doin this plan. The first time was a success but this time I plan on buying the recipe book. I lost 15 pounds in 4 weeks the first time, and then I kind of started cheating. Then I left the plan altogether. I started drinking alcohol rather heavy on the weekends too and now I am feeling overweight again. I am back on the plan again and I hope I have the same results as I did the first time. I only want to lose about 15 or 20 pounds. It's after I lose the weight that I don't know what to do to maintain it! I know the drinking must stop!

I don't know what type of support you are looking for but I have been there and done this so maybe I can offer some tips.

If you have found another more active forum, please let me know!

CutieSusieQ
04-21-2008, 03:15 PM
Ijust wanted to share this link with those of you who don't know about it. It has a ton of info on there...recipes, suggestions, support, etc.

just go to mybodymakeover.com/forums

amandamn1
07-08-2008, 05:42 PM
Hi there, just started this today :D I am so excited and nervous...and am hoping this works!

amandamn1
07-16-2008, 01:15 PM
well, I have been on this for about a week, and have lost some weight....which is awesome, because I admit, I have been cheating, and also just had some dental surgery, making things difficult

amandamn1
07-16-2008, 01:20 PM
am planning to start exercising this week once my mouth heals :)

tiffhas3
07-20-2008, 01:16 PM
hi everyone. i did 6wbmo about 2 years ago and had great results. i am wanting to start again, but have found everything in my kit except for my infinite menu planner, so i know what i am supposed to eat (protein, fruit, etc.) but don't know what the choices are. does anyone have this info they would be willing to share? Thanks! :)

DayByDay
07-20-2008, 01:50 PM
To avoid any legal issues with copyright infringement, etc., I would recommend contacting the company for a replacement of what you are missing. They would certainly be able to verify that you purchased the program initially.

Asking for someone to share information for free is really no different than software piracy, etc. HIGHLY illegal.

JudoMom
08-10-2008, 09:41 PM
I bought a 6WBM via Ebay.. it's here.. (2 months ago.. didn't have time to listen to cds & get things organized). Now I'm ready to go. I"ve typed my body (B endo-meso), sorted the binder all out, etc. I think I know what I'm supposed to be doing ... except....

Am I missing a list of foods under each of the protein, fruit, veggie, carb types? Or do I literally have to go through all the menus and sort this out myself?? I have looked everywhere and even the binder contents don't list a "food list". I'd like to save myself the time, if I can!! (as in NOT compiling that list)

Thanks!

I'm back.. nevermind *lol... I figured it out.. it's all laid out in the Infinite Menu Planner ... *duh

gma22
08-13-2008, 07:34 AM
Good morning ladies. Please forgive me, I did not read the pages and pages of posts before posting so my questions are probably answered somewhere in your posts. I want honesty about this program ok?

I have been morbidly obese for 30 years and overweight more than that. I am in my mid 50's so I am not going to spring back with tight skin etc like some who are very large and lose a great amount of weight. I don't plan on being a bikini model, just want to be fit. Lastly, I have had to have 2 colon surgeries in less than a year from diverticulitis so I have to have something that is not a nutty program, but intelligent eating. I am one of the few fat women who is not offended by the word fat, stand up for myself and a proud of my size as it is and don't let anyone talk down to me, make fun of me or whatever. Oh and I have the most scrumptious man that I have been married to for 36 years who adores me whatever way I am so the support is certainly there. I am also someone who works hard at losing weight, but have never found the one program that seems to work for me consistently. I loved WW but because you can eat whatever you want, I stupidly just ate whatever I wanted and stayed within points. I lost, but with this medical mess I got myself into, I can't continue to eat stupidly as next time, I may not survive it or will end up with no colon at all and be stuck with an ostomy bag forever.

Is it truly a healthy eating program, not nutsy but balanced? Do the exercises seem to work, I don't want miracles, I mean do they help build up your body strength and stamina wise? I just ordered the program, but I am sending it right back if you posters say that this is something other than a good healthy eating and exercise plan. I would love to be 100 lbs down in a year as we are going to Las Vegas again next Sept. We have been there 3 times and let me tell you, walking around in over 100 degree heat when you weight 350 lbs is truly difficult. I want to desperately be able to walk around without huffing and puffing.

Thanks for your input ladies. I post at Support/Steel Magnolias so I will check back in here later to see what y'all have said! Oh and good luck to each and everyone one of you. Just remember, losing weight is not just food and exercise, it is retraining your mind about how, when and why you overeat. Combine the three, eating, exercising and behaviour modification and you are unbeatable!

Faye :)

JudoMom
08-13-2008, 07:40 PM
Hi Gma2one

I have just started this program, but I have spent a lot (and I mean A LOT) of time looking it over. Years ago, in the late 70's, I lost 44 pounds on WW. This program (food wise) seems to be very very similar. There were different vegetable lists, very limited carbs, lean protein (lots of chicken and fish) and lots of water. The only really big difference I see is that instead of 3 meals, these are smaller and there are 5-6 meals/snacks a day.

I am starting the exercise tomorrow.

Sorry I can't be of much more help, but the diet looks very healthy to me.

TheBeesKnees
08-21-2008, 06:36 PM
OMG!!! Body For Life must've been meant for me. After reading these postings, it dawned on me...I purchased the Provida 6 Week program and unknowingly...3 years later purchased Michael Thurmond's Body for Life book.

I didn't put 2 and 2 together because of the different titles. Wow. just wow.

This makes me more excited to get myself reacquainted with BFL. I purchased a Mr. Bento to utilize the 4 compartments and divvy up my portions properly like a pie chart in each section. That and 2 protein shakes...out of convenience and flavor, I chose Muscle Milk Light in the double chocolate with a side of strawberries or apple for my carb.

How exciting, everyone!!! Anybody thinking of signing up for the challenge? Besides wanting to look better and feel better, why not have the purse money as incentive as well? Just my personal opinion. You can look up their website - google body for life. You can see the before and afters...then the before and after afters. Which I personally think is neat to see that folks can maintain.

TheBeesKnees
08-21-2008, 06:50 PM
Hi... I just started on the 6WBM today. My friend bought it and shared some of it with me. I'm a type C. I know the basic deal... but oh boy, did I get sick of chicken today!! AND- I always eat chicken! What are my other protein options? I know I can't do beef.... how about peanut butter or cheese? I read in this forum that laughing cow works OK. Any thoughts on that?

Kelly

Here's a list of protein from the site.
Chicken breast
Turkey breast
Lean ground turkey
Swordfish
Orange roughy
Haddock
Salmon
Tuna
Crab
Lobster
Shrimp
Top round steak
Top sirloin steak
Lean ground beef
Buffalo
Lean ham
Egg whites or substitutes
Trout
Low-fat cottage cheese
Wild-game meat

I hope that helps. I like that you can get single servings of low-fat cottage cheese in the 6 packs.

texanloser
09-29-2008, 04:21 PM
Hey y'all!

I recently discovered the 3FC site and wow, what a lot of support! I am just starting the 6DBM and would like to lose about 50lbs, then reevaluate if I need to lose more. I'm a body type B. Is there any chance we could get a little more action going in this thread? I'd love to get some support, and maybe share some cooking tips and stuff like that.

Let's do this thang!

gabbnteach
10-08-2008, 09:16 AM
Hey there Texan!

Yes, I would also love to talk with others who are doing the 6wbm and having success. I started the diet part of it last Friday, and am already down 8.2 lbs! I honestly haven't had time to start the exercises yet, but hoping that will also help me stick with it. All in all I find it not very difficult a plan to follow, as long as I prepare in advance! Good luck everyone and lets keep working!! (I'm a type B, too)

Christian
11-01-2008, 06:55 PM
Hi ladies!

Is this board still active?? I just started today and would love to have some support, as well as give it :D

Arlene Dallas
11-01-2008, 07:19 PM
Hi Everyone,

I purchased this program last year but havent tried it yet...I am thinking of digging it out again and giving it a look over...for those of you who have been on it for awhile:

Loss?
Pros?
Cons?

Christian
11-01-2008, 08:42 PM
Hi Arlene!

I have done this once before and did wonderful!! I went off the program for awhile BUT am regrouping and just know that this one is the one that will finally get me to my goal.

Loss- Was about 10 pounds
Pros- IT WORKS!!
Cons- I craved bread and milk something awful

BUT I am going to take my calcium tablets and see if that helps some :D

Christian
11-06-2008, 11:43 AM
PRO- I am dowm 8 pounds since Saturday, so I am thrilled :cheer:

foxykat007
11-12-2008, 05:17 PM
Hi All

I love this forum and am happy to have finally joined you ladies ;)

I am starting the 6 week body makeover today... my birthday is Thanksgiving and I am hoping to drop 7 pounds by the 27th... I weigh 152 as of this morning. I'm 5'7" and would LOVE to get down to 140... I am baby stepping my goals... 145 first... then 140... Ideally I would be thrilled to get down to 135... But will see if that will be a healthy weight for me.

I can't find my book, but I think I recall that he basically recommends eating mostly protein with veggies ever few hours for the rapid results... Am I correct? Can someone clarify this for me?

I am going to do the band workout today ... upper body and do the lower body tomorrow and then proceed ever two days after...

My therapist originally recommended this program to me... I never did it after ordering it last year... I never did the blueprint either... do you think it makes a difference???? I basically carry my weight all over... a little more in the middle and hips and upper thighs... I think like most of us women do.

I am inspired by all your success stories and would love to have a buddy on board with me... that is starting about the same time.. and about the same weight.

God Bless you all!!!

Christian
11-12-2008, 05:25 PM
foxycat- Go to Micheals website and the take the body blueprint test by answering the questions there, it is free and it will let you know what your body type is, and let me know what it says, I may be able to help you a little more then K :D

foxykat007
11-13-2008, 04:36 AM
Hi Christian...

I know I'm a C... I went and did the questions anyway, because I know my mentality was a bit more warped a year ago... I have suffered from an eating disorder, but am proud to report I have been better than ever =)

The questions told me I am still a C

Are you a C too???

Thanks for your help, I really appreciate it... I'm looking for a buddy to partner up with also... let me know if you'd like to join forces.... We are about the same height... I'm a tiny bit taller... I'm just shy of 5'7"

Christian
11-13-2008, 09:39 AM
foxykat- I am an E but I would be glad to buddy up with you, I too have suffered from an eating disorder, I was anerexic when I was a teenager and have struggled with doing different diets for about 14 years and it seems that this plan is the best for me, hope we can help each other reach our goals in a healthy way :yes:

foxykat007
11-13-2008, 03:49 PM
Christian ;)

Yes, yes, yes! I would absolutely love to buddy up with you!

I just want to find a way of life/eating that works and one that I don't have to obsess about anymore... It's draining... All my friends think I'm nuts with always having to worry and talking about it... I'm SO OVER IT!!! lol

Are you doing the band exercises too? And what other workouts are you doing???

I'm laying off the weights because I feel that I bulk up... At least until I shed this layer of fat, I'm not going near weights... It's so frustrating and it causes me into a downward spiral...

Also, do you somewhat count calories? Some days I'm below 800... Other days I'm about 900... Especially if I'm just eating protein... I feel that it is difficult to ingest a lot of food... but now after reading the calorie counting section, I am almost thinking that my low calorie is the cause of my weight not budging... What are your thoughts?

Stay strong everyone ;)

Christian
11-13-2008, 04:06 PM
foxycat- I think that not eating enough calories causes our bodies to hold weight, so I think that if you add more calores you will get off the plateau for sure :yes: Also I do the Walk away the pounds tapes and Biggest Loser DVDs for my workouts this winter, I know I should do more, but I love these tapes and at least they make it fun ;) As far as being over my weight issues, I am with you, I dont want to be known as the chic who was always on a diet :eek: Have a great day, and I am here if you need me :wave:

foxykat007
11-14-2008, 01:58 PM
Christian..

The dvd you are doing sound great!!! Whatever works for you, keep it up!

I have been always accused of over training and recently over the last month or so have taken is down some notches.

I used to do spinning classes 3 times a week, I stopped a few weeks ago, my thighs were building out and I didn't like the way they looked.

Now they have gone down and look sleeker =)

I stick to walking!!! I do what MT suggests... I avoid hills and I do the "fire breathing" lol he talks about... I have a great route from my house into Toluca Lake where Hillary Duff and Jennifer Love Hewitt live... So it's a great treat to reach that area 20 mins in from the start of my walk... Then I circle a couple times then head back... I love it! It actually last about 70mins.

I highly recommend doing 20 mins of cardio every morning on an empty stomach....

Here, I'm cutting and pasting this from another post this morning....

Incoming......

So far since I started low carbing the last few days.... I'm down 3 pounds!!!

Woo hoo!!!

Also, I swear, doing ONLY 20 mins of cardio on an empty stomach is SO helping as well.... 20 mins ONLY!!!

Mark Walberg's trainer, Johnny told me that 5 years ago... I remember seeing him the day after he told me that... I was so excited to tell him " I DID 45 MINS!!!"

He scolded me and said " Not 21 mins, not 22 mins... all you need is 20 mins"... anything more you start depleting precious muscle. By doing a quick 20 min cardio session on an empty stomach, you tap into your fat reserves...

Try is everyone... I SWEAR IT WORKS!!!

Everyone I have ever told always tells me so!

Have a blessed day all!

Also, I have a question... how many posts do we have to post to be able to post ( lol ) our little weight tracker????

What gives with the minimum posts until we're able to... Seems a little odd.

foxykat007
11-14-2008, 02:03 PM
Also... I highly recommend Windsor Pilates!!!

My body got into the best best best shape ever with those... All you need are the basic 3... Buns and Thighs.. Arms... and Abs...

Each workout is about 18 mins long... I swear grandma's can do it! lol.... It's easy and extremely affective.

For the arm dvd I use two pound weights... also for some of the abs, with the roll up and a couple other exercises, I hook 2 pounds weights on my feet to make it easier for me to get UP with more ease... kinda cheating but I swear, it works!

You can buy them from ebay for cheap... or I even think Target sells them... I usually do the pilates on a think plush blanket to protect my back... They go by SOOOOOOO fast, I swear when I have let too much time pass from doing them... when I DO do the dvd's, I feel foolish for not doing them sooner, they are so simple and when they are done.. You are like " That's it!"

Check em out!!!

Christian
11-14-2008, 02:49 PM
Hey there!
UI have those pilates tapes :D I love them too, I need to get them out and blow the dust off em :eek: Also I think you will get a ticker after 10 posts, so just post some smilies or something and you should be able to get one ;)

You sound like you work out alot, and I will take the 20 minute tip for sure Lord knows I need too get rid of some bellyfat :yes: Today has been awsome with my food so far, so now I am off to get in a mile with Leslie, have a great day and if you need me I am on and off here alot :D

foxykat007
11-14-2008, 03:47 PM
Christian..

How do I post the ticker??? Where do I go? I looked for it but had no luck... Please advise...

Thanks sister ;)

Christian
11-14-2008, 04:28 PM
Go to user CP and then go under edit signature, it will give you directions from there...good luck I will be looking for you to post one :D

JudoMom
11-15-2008, 02:29 PM
Hi Ladies,

Glad to see some action on this thread.. I tried posting to get it going to no avail earlier this summer when I first started the program. I'm now down 28 pounds with 7 more to go. I'm a B. This has been THE best program I've ever been on, except now that I'm close to goal weight, I'm starting to self-sabotage. I post over at 6WBMO as well and it has been a life saver, as have the recipes from the recipe forum. I'd have thrown in the towel a long time ago without those.

I also bulk cook... preportion and freeze the portions. I have a nicely rounded out supply of different kinds of my B foods in the freezer. I just spend an evening cooking when one kind runs low. Because I take mid-morning snack, lunch, afternoon snack to work with me and barely get home with "time" to spare for supper, these things have been a life saver.

Hope to get to know you better :)

Christian
11-15-2008, 08:38 PM
Judomom- I too am thrilled to see movement here, It makes my day better just to know others are living this way too :yes: Way to go on those 28 pounds!!! That is AWSOME! I am stalled right now weightwise, but I lost about 11 pounds since the 1st of this month so I figure it is a plateau that may be a little hard to get through, Hope to get to know you better too :D

need2lose
11-16-2008, 01:23 PM
Ok, so I see y'all are not as heavy as me, but this is a weight loss forum, so I feel good. I just purchased the 6WBMO and I am scared to death of it!!! I put everything together, watched the exercise DVD's, and know what I can and can't eat. BUT...I work shift work and am scared that that will be my downfall. I can take a break every 2 hours though, but I am not sure about leaving my food in the 'community fridge". What if someone eats my food, and I have nothing to eat, when I get home, all bets will be off. Just wondering what kind of foods oyu guys eat at work so that you are eating evey few hours??? Just let me know. Thx!! <3

Christian
11-16-2008, 04:08 PM
need2lose- :welcome: Glad to have you here, I am not sure on what to take to work, what body type are you? I can help more once I know that, also I would put my name on my food in the fridge if you have too, Dont let anyone sabatoge your plan, you are gonna do wonderful!

need2lose
11-17-2008, 11:00 AM
Hey, I am a Body Type 'A'. I am still a little confused about the portion thing with a cooked meal, maybe you can help me with that also. Thanks so much, you are my lifesaver!!:hug:

Christian
11-17-2008, 12:09 PM
I got out my book and it seems like your choices are even more limited than mine are so missing a meal for you may not be an option you want to have to face for the first few weeks at least , pre-planning has been the secret to my success on this plan, and without it, I would not be wjere I am in such a short amount of time, that is for certain ;) I will PM you with some ideas K!

CannieD
11-18-2008, 05:24 PM
Ok. I have been all over this website looking for inspiration to lose the weight I need to lose. I have been on mt6wbm before and did great at it, I ust never learned how to maintain, so here I am again. I am a B. I had been on the 6wbm website and tried lots of their recipes. Judomom, what are some of your favorite ones? I see you are a B also. I am ready to start this again and get in the groove. Hope we can all help each other?

Christian
11-18-2008, 07:34 PM
:welcome: CannieD, You can do it, I know you can, how much weight did you lose the first time on this plan?

CannieD
11-18-2008, 11:11 PM
30 Pounds. Which I want to do again and then another 20.

Christian
11-19-2008, 08:40 AM
You can do it!!! I am amazed at this program myself :yes:

CannieD
11-19-2008, 05:48 PM
How much have you lost on this program?

Christian
11-19-2008, 09:11 PM
13.5 pounds since November 1st ;)

CannieD
11-19-2008, 10:09 PM
Wow!! That is great Christian!! What type are you? You probably said earlier in this thread but I've forgotten. Have you just been on this since the 1st of November? If so, what were you doing before? How do you keep from getting bored with the food? Where do you prefer to eat when you go out, or do you go out to eat? Sorry for so many questions but I don't want to set myself up for failure. Thank you for your help.

Christian
11-20-2008, 07:58 AM
No problem, I am type E, I really dont go out anymore much, but when I have to I eat at Wendys and have a half of a baked potatoe with half a small chili and take the rest home for another meal, or I have a salad and barely use any dressing, for my bodytype I do have the option of a steak meal with 1/2 baked potatoe and broccoli and alot of resteraunts offer that option , BUT I notice by not eating out, I am saving ALOT of money and I have even saved enough to fix my power window in my car, and trust me...that was 100% needed :lol: As far as not getting bored with the food goes..I do...BUT the results are so amazing that I dont even care anymore, I am just used to it now and pretty much eat the same thing everyday, I mix it up a little but not much. I used to do the South Beach Diet and it works great too, I mean you can lose weight on it really well and even keep it off, but I just needed a program that was more structured so that I HAD to stick to it and this one makes me stick to it because of the fast results and the way my body changes. Also pre-preperation of my food has kept me on track BIGTIME!! I cook up my protiens in advance and then freeze them and I boil my potatoes about 3 times a week in bulk and I even cook up my mixed veggies every other day so that I am never unprepared, I think if I didnt do all of that , I would fail. Hope that helps some ;)

TurboMom38
11-29-2008, 08:52 PM
Hello everyone,

I was here a long time ago and life got in the way. Many things happened to throw me off course, but I am back. I am going to find me again.

I did this program about 5 1/2 years ago and lost 30 lbs and kept if off for almost 4 years, but I got comfortable and slipped back into old ways. I tried to restart last year, but as I stated above it didn't work out like I planned.

Anyways, I am back and I am ready to finish what I started. I currently need to lose 40-45lbs, and tone up. I know that I can do it and I will do it. Holidays are always tough because there are so many yummy (bad) things for you especially family favorites, but I have to abstain from those old habits.

I am a Body Type C and a very picky eater.

I hope to get support as well as get it.

This is a great program, just as others are. Many programs really work, but you have to work them. I like MT 6WBMO because you eat real foods, no bars, shakes or juices.

Have a wonderful day and I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Christian
11-30-2008, 07:06 PM
:welcome: Turbomom!! You can and will do this :D

TurboMom38
12-04-2008, 08:13 PM
Hi there,

Almost done with the first week and feeling great! I haven't weighed myself because I decided that Monday mornings would be my weigh day. I am having a hard time getting all of my water, but I am going to keep at it until I get it.

Consistency is Key!! I am feeling a new sense of expectation and I can't wait until December is over! I love Christmas, but the good snacks are a problem.

Have a wonderful day everyone!

Christian
12-05-2008, 06:59 AM
Way to go on your first week TurboMOM!!!!!!!! :cheer: :cheer: It only gets easier from here, trust me ;)

TurboMom38
12-07-2008, 08:11 PM
Christian,

Thank you for your encouragement! I plan to make this work for me this time around. I had a bit of a struggle on Saturday because I had a problem with my vehicle and was out without my food. I plan to make sure from now on to have my food packed no matter what. I got right back on plan when I got home, but I had to have something and I made the best choice possible with what was available, but it wasn't the best.

I have selected a pair of designer jeans as gift when I reach goal. I plan to have my pictures taken professionally in a designer outfit!:carrot: I have never paid that much for a pair of jeans so it will be a treat to myself.

What is your goal? I want to lose 45 lbs. I don't know how long it will take, but I am going to do it.

Have a great rest of your weekend.

Christian
12-07-2008, 08:38 PM
Turbomom- The jeans are a great idea :yes: And you will be in them before you know it :D My goal is to get to 139 as I have not seen that # since I was 18 :lol: I am wanting to try for another baby next summer and want to be in shape so that I wont gain alot and it should make the pregnancy easier, Plus I will know how to get right back in shape again. You can and will do this, and I will too, ....keep in touch and know I am here if you need me :hug:

Startingoverat37
12-07-2008, 08:49 PM
Hi I am new here, I did the 6WBMO over a year ago and lost 20 lbs, then of course off plan and eating regular foods again made me gain most of it back.. I am excited to see that there is a thread here... may I join you gals?
I am a B and didnt have any problems with it last time except eating so often... I came from the frame of mind that eating so much couldnt make you lose the weight. Anyway, I went shopping today and am ready to start over tomorrow!!!

Christian
12-08-2008, 07:19 AM
:welcome: Startingover!!! I am so glad you found us here, and I just know you will have alot of success and I cant wait to hear about it:wave:

CannieD
12-12-2008, 01:03 PM
I am going to go shopping so that I can start on Monday. I am a B and also lost on this plan before. Going on a cruise Feb 21 and want to look as good as possible.

TurboMom38
12-13-2008, 06:17 PM
Hi friends,

I am happy to say that so far I have lost 6 lbs. I can't wait until Christmas is over though, not because I don't love Christmas, but because it's so difficult to be 100% right now because of all of the wonderful treats.

I have not gone overboard, but I am struggling to say NO! I will get there, just having a bit of a hard time.

I look forward to being 100% the day after Christmas. I know that I could not post this failure on Provida's board, I would be eaten alive and I know that I have to do this for me.

Christian, my jeans are a good focus for me because I really want to be healthy and look good in them.

Welcome, StartingAgain, you can do this!

Have a great day everyone!

Christian
12-14-2008, 09:37 PM
Turbomom- I am not 100% lately eighter, but I will be the 28th, my B-day is the 27th and I cant see myself being good until the day after, I am watching calories though and have only gained 2 pounds in 5 days of eating this way, I am hoping to be just finish my weightloss in January or Feb and just live lean afterwards, We can do this, I just know it!

CannieD- Monday is getting close ;) You can do this!

TurboMom38
12-16-2008, 06:45 PM
Hello everyone,

I am sorry for my last post, I was rambling quite a bit. I am doing better today however.

I ordered Chalene Extreme, she is the maker of Turbo Jam and I loved that program so much, I thought I would try her new one. I think the combination of the 6WBMO and that exercise program will help me achieve the results that I am after. Being a Body Type C, they don't really recommend kickbox type exercise, but if you aren't doing what you love, you won't do it.

Christian, I hope you have the best birthday ever!

Have a great day!

Fungirl28
01-14-2009, 04:48 PM
I am going to go shopping so that I can start on Monday. I am a B and also lost on this plan before. Going on a cruise Feb 21 and want to look as good as possible.

Hi. I'm restarting with the MT makeover. I started 3 years ago and lost 80lbs and then I stopped and gained 40 back. I've been back on for a week and I'm down 11 lbs:carrot:. I am going on a cruise next January and I want to get as close to my goal as possible.

Mommy2ArmyBrat
04-17-2009, 08:15 AM
Bump! Anyone still on the 6wbmo? I'm waiting for my kit to arrive. I"m looking for a 6wbmo buddy.

CannieD
04-18-2009, 05:15 PM
I'll be your 6wbmo buddy. I no longer have all the info but I STILL remember it from when I did so well a while back ago. I have been wanting to get started on it again but seem like I am on it a day or so and then go off it. If I can have someone to write to when I am wanting something I am not suppose to have, maybe that will help me. Let me know!!