Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 01-28-2006, 07:35 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Talking Weekend Chat - January 28th and 29th

Good Morning

How is everyone today?

The weather is suposed to be aroun 55 today so my butt will be outside enjoying this.

Other than that, its cleaning and goofing around with DD. Love it !!

Watcha all doing?
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 12:37 PM   #2  

Hey Leens

The usual weekend madness...dd 7 has a friend over for a sleepover.
DD 14 is babysitting for two families today with an eyebrow wax in between.

Today I am organizing my scrapbooking stuff and organizing pictures. I am going away to a weekend workshop next weekend. Tonight I am going out with about 15 gals from work for a going away supper.

Tomorrow planning a trip to Vegas with another couple

Have a good one everyone!

Liz
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 01:46 PM   #3  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Morning everyone!!! I hope your weekend is going great. It is snowing here but I'm snug as a bug in my warm house. I will be walking (WATP) this afternoon so the weather is no longer a deterent in exercising. I also walked yesterday. I was busy at work yesterday so I didn't get a chance to post.

So....

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, Leenie!!!! YEAH!!!!!

I did some shopping yesterday and that was okay. I needed a new iron (mine dropped on the floor just a few too many times) and I bought some clothes staples.

Today I'm going to start my new sweater after I make modifications on the pattern I just finished. I'm sort of bummed about the last one because I made it to the pattern and it's too short. I'd made the pattern on the jade sweater (which is a little short) and then I altered it for when I made the yellow sweater. That one turned out perfectly. But I didn't write the alterations down and when I made the white one, I made it per the pattern - hence it's too short like the jade colored one. So I'm going to write down the changes and make another one. To say the least, the white one is frustrating.

Okay, enough rambling for now. I will visit again later. Liz, take care of yourself and feel better. Know that you're loved. Isn't it amazing how little things can make you feel down? Hope things go good today.
Marie
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 04:44 PM   #4  
Lifelong Journey Member

Okay, I lied. I didn't stay in the nice warm house. Instead, DH and I took the dogs on the 2 mile walk around the block - in other words, up the big hill, then back down. It was way harder than the WATP, but it was fantastic. There's about 4" of snow and my puppies had a great time. And I got very winded.
Old 01-29-2006, 07:16 AM   #5  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Good Morning

Its still a little dark out and everyone is sleeping LOVE IT !! I love the quiet mornings all to myself w/my hazelnut coffee.

I have no plans for today except some more cleaning and laundry. Should be a nice day although the sky looks cloudy.

My house is decorated for Valentine's day....got red lights and a red lighted heart outside w/red and white doily hearts in the window.....gotta make the drab winter more cheery yah know.

Liz, hope your sleep over was fun. I really need to take out my scrap-booking stuff, I miss doing it.

Marie, good for you for walking the dogs... I'd be winded too. One thing about getting out side to walk is its much harder than the WATP's tapes... but I still like the tapes for when you can't get out or the streets are to crowded with traffic. GOOD JOB !!

Whats everyone up to today?
Old 01-29-2006, 11:48 AM   #6  
Lifelong Journey Member

Hi all, I finished my white sweater last night even though I knew it was too short for me. I really like it but I can't wear it. So I'm offering it to my friends here at 3FC. First PM asking for it, get it. The size is an XL Petite. DH guesses you'd probably need to be about 5' 1" to wear it. So let me know if this would fit you and I'll send it to you.

Old 01-29-2006, 12:31 PM   #7  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Oh Marie, its beautiful and gosh that is so sweet of you.... I'm more like 2x lumberjack size lol .... The first to respond is a very lucky person.
Old 01-29-2006, 04:35 PM   #8  
I CAN DO THIS

Hello Ladies...

I know I keep falling off the planet and then coming back again. I just been dealing with alot and it's just been harder than normal..I finally went to see the doctor and got put on Lexapro, but I don't think it was working.. everything was more or less the same and then when I went back to see him again.. he up'd it and it's still the same.. So... I did some research after talking to my therapist and she thinks.. maybe it's more that I may be bipolar... I fit almost all of the description of it.. but I also fit all the descriptions for depression and anxiety.. so I don't know.. I go and see my doctor again on the 10th of February so I will find out what he thinks..

Anyway other than that.. Life is Life.. I finally got my divorce done and it is final.. I started dating again but that relationship didn't even last.. it only made everything worse.. so now I am actually doing somewhat ok.. if I want to call it that..

But I wanted to get back on here since I miss talking to everyone. I know it's been awhile. Plus I need to get back on my diet.. I have gained again and it more or less just sucks..

Hope everyone is doing good..

/hugs
Ashlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006, 06:44 PM   #9  

Hey Everybody!

Just wanted to pop in for a minute. Hey Leenie thanks for the "kick" on Tuesday. Sometimes it helps just to unload. That revved me up and got me on task. The rest of the week went really well.

Weather has been dreary here today. I really hate the rain. Had to drag myself to church early to sing with a group. Turned out well though. Time now to get things together for the school week. Hard to get out of the house smoothly with 4 kids even with a little planning!

Hark!! The laundry beckons!

Sandy
flagmama is offline   Reply With Quote