The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing For discussion of the NBC tv show The Biggest Loser and the book Winning by Losing, by Jillian Michaels

Old 01-27-2006, 06:25 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 332/270/160

Height: 5"7'

Default Do I need the book?

I bought Jillian's book and I order the BL workout dvd, do I need to get the BL book. I haven't had a chance to read Jillian's book yeat, maybe next week after I've finished off a bunch of projects and dealing with some personal stuff but I already do pilates and WATP during the week and eating right but I need to step it up and bought this stuff. Any advice?
Old 01-28-2006, 03:32 PM   #2  
Tekken-Style

I don't own the Biggest Loser books or DVDs, but I'm fairly certain they're a bit different from Jillian's book and DVDs, which I do own. (Maybe someone who owns both can be a bit more help)

What I would do is order the Biggest Loser book, if only to compare and contrast with Jillian's. It wouldn't hurt to see how both function/work. Maybe see which one is best for you. This forum has threads on both JM's and BL's workouts and eating routines (hesitant to say diet).

You may could poke around in those and see what everyone says.

I'm not a lot of help, I know. But I can't stand a thread to get a ton of views with no posts.

Good luck.

--B
Old 01-28-2006, 04:23 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 301/280/175

I love the Biggest Loser workout dvd - I think it is a great starting point especially for me. I need a routine that was a little more real than those I had been doing and I have been able to stick with this one. I was not a fan of the book though. It focused a lot on the contestants (and I know some that really liked it for that reason). I thogh Jillian was a bit more structured IMO. I would suggest getting it through the library or leafing at it at the store. I borrowed it from a friend. There were some recipe ideas as well in the bl book.