Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2001, 05:47 PM   #1  

Default Somersize or WW?

I'm in quite a quandary! Last summer I lost 32 lbs. on WW. I thought I could handle it on my own but have gradually gained back 15 lbs. I want to lose it before it gets out of hand again. I was tired of WW so I started Somersizing last week but just can't handle all the work it takes to remember what you can eat with what. I really don't see me doing that the rest of my life. I also ordered and received the Michael Thurmond 6-week body makeover which seems time comsuming and cumbersome. I am a perfectionist and if I can't do the program exactly, I can't do it at all! I know - it's a curse.

Has anyone tried either of these programs (Somersize/6-week body makeover)? I really feel deep inside WW is for me. I get so nervous and confused over this. The one good thing is that I'm walking 1 1/2 miles a day and I will do that no matter what program I follow. Please help me decide what to do. Feedback, please!
Old 07-15-2001, 06:09 PM   #2  

I think you answered your own question in your post.

WW is the easiest program I have ever been on that gives you such a wide variety of foods to eat with no special ways to eat them. Make it even easier by marking the foods with the points when you put them away from the grocery store. Also, can separate most eaten foods into serving size packaging right away so it's always ready and easy to grab. Make point tracking fun by making a game out of it. Keep track of points during day by using penny's for example. Move them from one cup to another and when they're gone....your done eating! If you put your mind to it, you can do this program with ease and comfort!

Good luck on whichever you choose.

Karen
Old 07-15-2001, 08:44 PM   #3  

Hi,

I did the Somercize program and lost quite a bit of weight on it. But, it seemed limiting. (I gained some of it back because of a medical problem which caused me to have to change my food plan).

I really like the WW program, because I can eat more types of food, and find something just about anywhere we are invited or wherever go out for dinner. This just seems easier.

Our WW leader strongly encourages us to make new food choices. I think a lot of us tend to get in a rut with our food and then get bored with it.

I find I am having more success now that I am going to meetings on a regular basis and I am so lucky to have a great leader. I spend a lot of time here, at dottisweightlosszone and Boot Camp Buddies. And, I enter every weekend challenge, summer challenge, etc., that comes my way. Also, I am accountable at a few different sites each week after weighin. It really helps me. The support is great.

Another thing that really motivated me was something my WW leader did. It was called "6 months from today" and it really got me going. I typed it up, so if you are interested in reading it please email me at [email protected] and put 6 month from today in the subject line and I'll send it off to you. Or if you want me to post it, I'll be happy to.

Good job on continuing the exercise!! Don't give up! Try new foods, jazz up your program. You are worth it!!! We can do this together!!!
Old 07-16-2001, 08:46 AM   #4  

if you know deep down that WW is the plan for you, then I think you owe it to yourself to give it another shot. You already know that it works. You just have to remember the maintenence part of it :-) Since you've done WW before, I don't have to list all of the reasons why its such a good plan, but what I like about it *so* much is that I do not have to cut any foods out of my diet. And because of that, this is something I can do for the rest of my life, even if I don't count *points* the rest of my life! Good Luck , whatever you decide to do!
Old 07-16-2001, 08:56 AM   #5  

Default I think you answered your own question, too!

I agree that you answered your own question.

Personally, I have tried just about everything to lose weight. The only thing that makes me feel like I can really do it is WW. I love the fact that there isn't anything I can't eat. I can eat anything - so long as I plan for it and budget my points for it. To me that is real life. Even my thin friends do this. If they eat a big or fattening meal or blow it for a day, the next day they get right back on plan. They eat better, they cut a few extra calories, they do an extra 20 minutes on the treadmill.

The don't assign points to these things, but they do exactly what WW is teaching us to do.

Additionally, I don't think you can beat the support system WW gives you. I know that I could never do this all on my own. I need my meetings and I need these boards. I can get support even when I'm not at a meeting because we are all on the same page here!

I don't think you can get that anywhere else!

If you really believe that WW is for you - then you are probably right!!

Carole
289.6/155
Closed Thread