Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2006, 05:30 PM   #1  

Default New Here Can Wait to get Started ... Cant wait to meet new friends

my name is Robyn i am 27 , i am new to this group and am looking for people that i can relate to i just have a baby 8 months ago and want to loss the extra weight if anyone has this same problem please feel free to drop me a line i cant wait to meet new friends so that we can lose the weight togather oh ya i am from Calgary Alberta Canada
Old 01-27-2006, 09:24 AM   #2  

Hi Robyn-I am an 'old timer' who has come back-just had a baby 6 weeks ago so i understand where you are coming from. This was my second baby and i never lost all of the weight from the first one. I have been doing WW on and off for years-since they were doing exchanges! I haven't gone back to meetings yet, but am trying to increase my exercise and make healthier choices. I like to run and am planning a 5 mile run in May and a 10K. Want to train for a half marathon.
Glad to 'meet' you
Old 01-27-2006, 01:21 PM   #3  
wannaloose

Wink I know how you feel!!!

Hello Robin and Lori!!!
I am new here and can definetly relate with you girls.
I am 30 years old I have two boys (2 & 5 years old) I gained 80 pounds with my first child and still haven't been able to loose them. I was always thin until the boys. I din't get any weight with my 2nd son, it was my oldest son that killed me!!!
I have tried all kind of diets out there and find that I can eat basically anything with WW. I started the gym and can't explain how good it feels and the motivation you can get. I know is very hard with babies, taking the time, house, work etc... But you need time for yourself.
My problem not sure if you feel the same is that I get very hungry and my cravings are insane!!!
But I have controlled that a lot by eating something small every 3 hours and of course the more I go to the gym the better I feel and the less I feel like eating. I feel that going to work out really makes you more consious about what you eat. I have only lost 10 pounds but I know it will take time.
(70 to go...better than 80 )
Not sure how much you gained with the baby but I am sure you can do it.
I got this the other day and loved it, even put it in front of my fridge.

Hope you like it too!

1. Free your mind, and the weight will follow
2. Food is not the enemy
3. One step at a time
4. It takes support to slim down
5. I control my weight, it doesn't control me

Last edited by beberooo; 01-28-2006 at 12:44 PM.
Old 01-28-2006, 08:43 AM   #4  
Running Babe

I am currently gaining weight during pregnancy... too much though. Dec-Jan are really tough months for me, I know it's an excuse, but argh, I talked about my fears of gaining too much with my fiance last night, he was really supportive, but didn't dismiss my fears as being silly (unlike most women I know when I say I am gaining too much).

Anyway, I know that was OT, but in 6 months or so (after the first month post-partem) I'll be back with you guys with a wonderful little miracle in my arms!!

Cheers!

Ali
Old 01-29-2006, 01:02 AM   #5  

I have a 22 month old daughter and I know exactly what you are both talking about. I gained 60lbs. while being pregnant with her and I lost about 20lbs. after having her and then gained it back. I am now recomitting myself to losing this weight. I saw a girl I knew from high school on campus at the University of Florida and she didn't even recognize me! I cannot believe I let myself go like this. When I saw her it really hit home that I need to do something about this. I hope we can all keep in touch and motivate eachother to finally stick with it this time.
Old 01-30-2006, 07:06 PM   #6  
wannaloose

Thumbs up

I know I move here from Puerto Rico and my weight was 145 I am 5 '8 tall.
I wouldn't go back home until I don't loose this 80 well now 70 pounds that I got with the babies. Is crazy and really hurts...Is like you say I can't beleive I let myself getr like this.
But we are in the right place and at least we are consious that we need to loose the weight and we can do it!!!
If you need any help or support let me know. I will bew happy to help..
WE CAN DO IT!!!!
Old 01-31-2006, 09:34 PM   #7  

Thanks, beberooo. I am here to support you too. I have found that this site has really encouraged me to stick with WW. It gives me the accountability I need, because obviously answering to myself hasn't been enough up until this point. Just one day at a time
Old 02-01-2006, 10:33 PM   #8  
wannaloose

Thumbs up I passed one more day!!!

You are soooo right!!!
One day at a time.
I have to remember that...I almost go over my points today so I ran to the computer to get my mind out of thinking food.
And I didn't eat anything else!!! Whoo whoo!!!
I passed the craving test today...

Last edited by beberooo; 02-01-2006 at 10:44 PM.
Old 02-03-2006, 10:58 AM   #9  

lol I'm dealing w/ the whole craving things today big time! lol At my office we had a meeting this morning and of course they brought donuts but I just stayed away from them and I am going to be strong because I want a greater outcome than what a donut can give me for 10 min. lol Hope you all are having a great day!!
Closed Thread