Support Groups - In your 30's? No kids? Have 50 - 100 lbs to lose? A little crazy?

PinkyPie
01-26-2006, 05:28 AM
There are so many great support groups here and I just don't know where to start with choosing where I might belong! So... I'm starting a thread here and hopefully some like-minded and like-bodied people will come and visit me here...

About me:
I'm 37
I have no bio-kids (I have 2 stepkids)
I have 2 cats
I have 2 fish
I am a Lifetime Member of Weight Watchers (reached my goal, kept it off 2 years and then fell into a big black hole of depression and personal problems)
I take a/d medication (Effexor - a life saver)
I have approx 85lbs to lose
I am originally from the States and I live in the Netherlands
I'm following Weight Watchers again since 17 Jan
I love music and travelling
Once I get into exercising I really love it
I do like a glass (or 3) of wine on a regular basis :o
I LOVE food and am always trying to make something new, different and most recently WW friendly.
I am a little crazy, but I promise a nice and open person :smug:

So, anyone want to join me? ;)

coley144
01-26-2006, 05:36 AM
Can I join? I'm 35. No kids. Want one! Am losing weight partly to be healthier if/when I have one.

I live in the UK. I have 2 jobs. One as a tarot reader. I have a lovely fella and lots of mates. I like a glass of wine or 2 as well! Hobbies are writing novels and losing weight! I'm calorie counting and learning quite a few lessons about balance. My sister lives in Amsterdam so I've been there a few times.

And last night I packed my first gym bag since 1986! I have an induction session today at 12. ARGH!

PinkyPie
01-26-2006, 05:50 AM
Hi Coley! Yes, please join me!!

I am also losing to get healthier to possibly have kid(s).

Nice to have someone nearly on the same time zone! I find it hard sometimes when I come here, post and then it takes hours before anyone responds because of the time differences.

Interesting that you are Tarot Card Reader!! I have tried a few times with cards I have at home, but my boyfriend is a bit of a skeptic and won't let me do it too often.

I don't have a lot of friends at the moment - I just moved pretty far away from everyone and during my worst period I suppose I pissed a lot of people off so I've had to move on with just myself and my partner.

WOW your sister lives in Amsterdam!! It's a small world!

Best of luck at the gym! Bet things have changed a bit since 1986!!

coley144
01-26-2006, 06:38 AM
Thanks for the welcome Velveteen,

I started doing tarot cards about 15 years ago as a joke and stopped laughing when it started working! I don't mind sceptics at all. My fella is one. I just enjoy reading to be honest so its a good second job.

You talk about your worst period. I wonder how many overweight people suffer or have suffered from depression. I know I have but I hope I'm through that now. I saw a film about Churchill and he called it his black dog as in 'the black dog's here today.' Makes sense to me although I think its more grey...a nothing colour.

So are you doing weight watchers now to lose the weight?

PinkyPie
01-26-2006, 07:29 AM
Considering how many people out there emotionally eat... I'm sure the numbers are quite high for overweight people suffering/suffered from depression. I know I'm definitely through that period now, but only just... I can still be hyper-sensitive, have issues now with my self-confidence and it still doesn't take much for me to burst out into tears. Definitely a greyish colour...

I am doing WW now, just started back and had a 1.7KG loss for my first week, so pretty happy about that!! How is calorie counting going for you? I've never actually tried it, only Weight Watchers (this is my 3rd attempt - only the 2nd time did I reach my goal!).

coley144
01-26-2006, 09:54 AM
Oh I'm a definite emotional eater - and I've had a lot to get emotional about! But I'm hoping all that is in the past now or that, more sensibly, I'm learning better ways to deal with the crap when it comes.

I'm really enjoying calorie counting. Sounds odd but true. I think its because I'm not denying myself anything. In the past I've failed on diets very quickly because they were restrictive and I got kind of panicky I think. It made me stressed which made me eat so I failed. This diet if I have a high calorie day then I balance the next day. Its teaching me a new way to eat. Its also teaching me that snacks I might want really arent worth it. For example I had a cadburys creme egg on saturday night. 170 calories. It wasnt 170 calories worth of nice so I wont bother again. I do have a fun size mars every day though because its 87 calories of nice and I can budget for that!

I've lost 25 pounds since mid August which is about a pound a week. I was getting frustrated with the speed but I've talked myself round now. I'm not in a race - that's what I'm teling myself!

So tell me about WW. I know its the same sort of thing really by with point rather than calories. Do you go to meetings? Are they any good?

Is there anyone else who wants to join our 30 something, no kids and a bit crazy party?

PinkyPie
01-27-2006, 04:38 AM
Good Morning Coley! :sunny:

Restrictive is exactly the reason I don't like dieting at all. I think WW is like counting calories, they just make it easier :D They've done all the work on how many "points" something is (whatever the formula behind it) and then you are able to figure out (based on weight/age/activity) how many points you should have. That's what I mean about being lazy... I don't want to be restricted and I don't want to have to "figure out" things... But both give a feeling of "control" and I think that's what we both need in the end (if you don't mind me saying so). WW and counting is also all about making choices... same with the "nice" and "not so nice" stuff... WW has points for that too... I would MUCH rather have nice!

I do go to meetings... I've been to exactly 2 now! LOL Previously on WW though, I went all the time, every single week. After I reached goal I went every week as well and then started to slack. I truly believe that *I* really must go and be accountable to someone until I'm able to do it myself. That may be never. I'm not sure if I like my new meeting, but there seems to be nice people there. It's just a big group (no pun intended! LOL) so I'm not sure if I'll ever really know anyone there.

So, how can we promote our new group? :D

coley144
01-27-2006, 11:40 AM
Do you know I think that's exactly the thing...with other diets I've felt like someone else is telling me what to eat. I hate being told what to do (yes issues there!) so with this diet I choose what I eat. Of course I'm reading online and learning the best choices I can make but its still my choices not 'you can't eat....' I know from reading on here that some people really get on well with pre planned diets so its just different strokes isn't it?

I don't know how I'd get on with a WW group unless they could guarantee there would be someone heavier than me and someone who's lost 100's of pounds! I know its bad but I wouldn't want to be the heaviest there (I suppose because I am the heaviest most places!) and I'd want the inspiration of knowing that it could be done by seeing someone who has done it. Which is why I'm here I suppose because there is such a great mix and you get inspiration and comfort in the same place!

As for promotion..I dunno..I guess we keep chatting and see if some hardy soul wants to join us!

What are you up to this weekend? Any diet related goals? I'm out tonight with friends so my aim is not to drink too much. I have lots of tarot readings to do over the weekend and I need to be sharp! Also its just a waste of calories!

PinkyPie
01-27-2006, 12:24 PM
Hi Coley

Again with WW, that's what's great because there is nothing off limits. It's really "Here's the information we can give you, here's the guideline, we'll provide lists and books and suggestions for points and we'll tell you how to calculate points yourself, the rest is up to you"

I have seen different shapes and sizes in the meetings and from my own personal experience, a friend of mine joined long ago at a little over 130KG and lost 30KG for her wedding. She was still heavy but it worked for her (we all fall off the wagon though... at some point I guess!) at the time. I'm not sure if you would be the heaviest... besides if what you are doing now is working for you then you should stay with it! The thing I like also about meetings is that there is a group discussion usually (you don't HAVE to participate) and you hear things, tips, suggestions, or just personal experience that you can relate to. Another thing... if you go and there are people your size there and you are losing together you get to see right in front of your eyes that it works. I sound like I work for them or something... LOL I don't, I just like it :)

Don't have big plans this weekend... my stepson's birthday is Monday so his mum is having a party at her place on Sunday. So... cake and other crap available - I'm just going to plan that I go there with a full belly so I'm not tempted. That's about it really! Exciting life I have!! LOL

Too right about the waste of calories! Do your best! I know you can :)

beginme
01-27-2006, 01:32 PM
Hi.

I'm 33 (34 next month), not married, no kids. I have a horse and 2 dogs.

I also suffered from depression this year and Lexapro is what I'm on.

I have 78 lbs to lose and, while I'm sticking to my plan, I'm still depressed about having to lose that much weight.

BTW, it's the people who AREN'T a little crazy that I worry about.

PinkyPie
01-27-2006, 02:34 PM
Hello beginme!! Welcome, welcome!! So glad you could join us!

I understand about feeling depressed about needing to lose quite a bit of weight. I am aiming for 84lbs so we've got real similar goals. I too feel that way sometimes, though lately, I've been more "OK" about it. OK in the sense that it happened and now I have to do something about it. Not OK that I let myself get this way, no. I still go through phases of being pissed off at myself.

What sort of plan are you following? Whatever it is, we're here to support each other! We can all learn from each other anyway, what works, what doesn't, and how to make this a healthy journey.

And I agree... I prefer the crazy people myself! LOL :)

FishWoman
01-27-2006, 02:45 PM
Hi there! I am 36 with no children (but 2 dogs, a cat, and a husband) and I'm definitely at least a little crazy.:dizzy:

However, I have only about 20 pounds to lose. (I've lost my first 10 pounds since September 2005).

Let's see - I usually count calories (less than 1500) per day, but have just been tracking calories for this month. I will start counting again in February, but i needed a break. I exercise for at least 30 minutes almost every day. I try to eat healthy, but it seems like I frequently make bad choices because that is *easier* to do.

Let me know if I am welcome.:)

PinkyPie
01-27-2006, 02:49 PM
Hi FishWoman!!

Well... I guess you can join us ;) LOL - seriously, I don't think we have to be too strict about the amount of weight that one needs to lose to be here... I think it's more the age/no kids/craziness that's the most important :)

Coley is also a calorie counter :) So maybe you can exchange good ideas?

We'll also need your wisdom and guidance when you hit your goal and are maintaining... and maybe we can also keep you on track and honest so you don't gain the weight back!

beginme
01-27-2006, 03:44 PM
Well, I'm focused on what I call the "secret" to weight loss--exercise and healthy, balanced eating.

I ride horses 3-5 times per week, but I don't count that as exercise since I've been doing it since I was 10.

I do my spinning bike 2-3 times per week, walk 2x per week, and do a yoga or pilates tape when I've got extra energy.

Food wise, I'm just trying to be reasonable. My problem areas are: icecream, ANYTHING chocolate, french fries, chips, and pizza. I'm staying in a 1,500 calorie per day program right now.

One other problem for me is getting enough protein. I don't eat anything with feathers or fur, so I'm pretty much limited to nuts, fish, eggs, yogurt, and meat substitutes.

It's so nice to have somewhere to come where people understand where you are.

NYRabbit
01-27-2006, 05:38 PM
Hi ... mind if I pop in?

I'm new around here...I'm going to be 30 in 2 weeks (does that count?) and have no kids, just 2 cats. Emotional eater...check. Depression...check. I can relate a lot.

Looking forward to reading through all the posts and getting to know you all!

kykaree
01-27-2006, 05:40 PM
Here I am! Thanks for starting this little group!
I am 33, you can see my weight down dere on my tracker, and I live in England too.
No kids, have pretty much given up on having kids. I've had two miscarriages, and the partner I am with now has had the snip. We're not keen on trying fertility treatments et al, with my history, so it's just us and the cat!
I have been following my healthy lifestyle plan for a year now, and have lost 63lbs. I am really happy with that, and was planning for 50lb in year one and 50lb in year two!
I had depression, a few episodes of it. The last major episode was 5 years ago, after my last miscarriage. I was under careful surveillance by the hospital, who wouldn't admit me, because they thought I was more of a suicide risk in hospital than out, and I quite grateful for that.
I did have another period of it when I moved to the UK, but that was mainly homesickness, I am an Aussie by birth.
In the year I have been exercising and eating well, I have been fine, my brain has been crazy but not depressed, and only one panic attack in 12 months, somewhat of a record for me!!!

coley144
01-28-2006, 07:38 AM
OOhh lots of lovely new people..hello!

Beginme - The people who aren't crazy worry me too! I mean what world are they living on? Sometimes I'll talk to people who have had no troubles in their life at all and instead of feeling jealous I just think 'Oh, bless, you just wait!'

Fishwoman - I am imagining a mermaid now! Or womens legs and a fish's head! Good to find another calorie counter though you exercise more than me! I'm working on getting a routine of going to the gym twice a week then exercise bike and punch bag at the weekend. Then I can build up from there.

NY Rabbit - you are very welcome to hop in here! What sort of diet are you on?

Kykaree - Hello! My sister had 2 miscarriages between her 2 kids and it was a terrible time for her - a lot because people seemed to make light of it. So sorry you have been through that. I have never tried, yet, and so have no idea whether I can concieve or not. I figure getting my weight down wonit hurt though! What part of England do you live in? I'm in Sheffield.

PinkyPie
01-28-2006, 08:54 AM
NY Rabbit, Kylie good to see you here!! :carrot: You both are in good company!!

Beginme your red light foods sound like my red light foods! LOL

You seem to have a good exercise regimine - that's something I can definitely learn from example! I need more exercise!

Do you eat beans/pulses? Because I found aduki beans at my local asian supermarket... and I love beans of all sorts really. I used to be a vegetarian and I still eat in a vegetarian way most of the time, so I understand not wanting to eat things with fur or feathers.

Definitely is nice to be around people who really understand! Not that there aren't tons of supportive people here... it's just nice to be with a group with a little more in common.

Kylie so good to hear that you are doing much better mentally these days!! While I was never in the hospital, there was a time when my boyfriend was pretty much ready to commit me. I really don't know how I made it out of that period except that he was by my side the whole time, even when totally frustrated with me.

I am also a transplant - originally from the states but living in the Netherlands - again nice to have something in common with someone!!

Coley how'd you get on last night with going out? a good night? not too many bevvies?

- - - - - - - - - -

So. It's Saturday almost 2pm. I'm sick, just a cold but I don't like it, puts me in a foul mood. I seem to be on another planet from my boyfriend, just trying not to take it personally. Planned a fish dinner (recipe I found on epicurious) so I know exactly how many points I have left for lunch and possible drinks tonight :)

Yesterday went well foodwise - boyfriend brought home a bottle of Vinho Verde so I had 3 glasses. Puts me a few points over my goal, but I think I'm still ok!

Hope everyone has a good weekend, will check in again later :)

coley144
01-28-2006, 10:14 AM
Hi Velveteen

Had a good night booze-wise. Two glasses and wine and at G+T. Pretty good for me! Bit crap in another way..place was too small for my bulk! Have written about it in my blog. I didn't really need any reminders that I was fat.
:(

coley144
01-28-2006, 10:16 AM
Why does is my sig at the end of one post then not in another? Its teasing me!

I didn't post again for that. Wanted to say to Velveteen that colds are a good excuse for LONG lie ins! You heal quicker when you are asleep. Hope you feel better soon. x

72butterfly
01-28-2006, 10:37 AM
Hi, I am 33 with no kids but a great boyfriend. I am a little crazy but the good kind. I live in Northern Virginia. I have about 85 pounds to lose to get to my first "ultimate goal". I get the feeling once I get there I may want to lose more. I am definitely an emotional eater. I am the type that eats well in public but behind closed doors watch out. Once I get going I actually love to exercise too. Right now I am doing a Powerflex class at Bally's. A different muscle group for every song. I do water aerobics and Taebo also. Sometimes I walk on my treadmill also. Variety is the key for me. Oh yeah, I am going to try Yoga later on today with a friend and she definitely fits in this category too so I will tell her about it. I have a cat too. I'm not using a specific diet. I guess I am using little things here and there from all the different diets I have been on. I know how to eat healthy. I just need to do it. I eat 3 meals and 3 snacks a day and drink all the water I can stand.

PinkyPie
01-28-2006, 12:10 PM
Hi Velveteen

Had a good night booze-wise. Two glasses and wine and at G+T. Pretty good for me! Bit crap in another way..place was too small for my bulk! Have written about it in my blog. I didn't really need any reminders that I was fat.
:(

Glad at least there was not too much caloric damage. :hug: to you for feeling like you were in too small a place. I know this feeling too well! I think pretty much all the smaller restaurants and cafés are like this in Holland. I'm always afraid I'm going to take a glass or two and a tablecloth with me on the way out. It sucks that we have to have these reminders. Like we didn't know we had a full load behind us already?! :?:

Just think... when we reach our goal this will no longer be an issue for us. We will probably still deal with other (mental) issues, but clearing off tables with our extra baggage won't be one of them!!

PinkyPie
01-28-2006, 12:11 PM
Why does is my sig at the end of one post then not in another? Its teasing me!

I didn't post again for that. Wanted to say to Velveteen that colds are a good excuse for LONG lie ins! You heal quicker when you are asleep. Hope you feel better soon. x

I noticed that too sometimes! Very strange! :?:

On that note, I *do* feeling like lying on the couch a bit. My bf very sweetly offered to go to the supermarket and then sat with me and made a list of the things we need. He's totally supporting this WW thing. And why not? He still gets a tasty meal out of it!

Thanks for the well wishes!

PinkyPie
01-28-2006, 12:16 PM
Hi, I am 33 with no kids but a great boyfriend. I am a little crazy but the good kind. I live in Northern Virginia. I have about 85 pounds to lose to get to my first "ultimate goal". I get the feeling once I get there I may want to lose more. I am definitely an emotional eater. I am the type that eats well in public but behind closed doors watch out. Once I get going I actually love to exercise too. Right now I am doing a Powerflex class at Bally's. A different muscle group for every song. I do water aerobics and Taebo also. Sometimes I walk on my treadmill also. Variety is the key for me. Oh yeah, I am going to try Yoga later on today with a friend and she definitely fits in this category too so I will tell her about it. I have a cat too. I'm not using a specific diet. I guess I am using little things here and there from all the different diets I have been on. I know how to eat healthy. I just need to do it. I eat 3 meals and 3 snacks a day and drink all the water I can stand.

Hello! and welcome to the group! I think we are all the "good" kind of crazy here, so you are in excellent company!

I too am hoping, no, GOING to lose 85 lbs to get to my goal. Anymore than that though and i'd be emmaciated! I'm afraid actually that I will not look that great at that weight, but we'll see how it goes...

Whatever works for you is great! I think we can share a lot with each other here and learn/get tips for all of our journeys!

Oh... and just wanted to say... I have trouble *sometimes* eating in public. Or rather, when with a group of thin(ner) people, or my boyfriend when I'm not feeling good about myself. I always feel bad if I eat more or eat faster. I don't ever like going somewhere with someone and I get something to eat and they don't... I make myself feel like a pig then. I would like to get rid of that issue. Perhaps we can try to help each other?

kykaree
01-28-2006, 04:44 PM
The software is now programmed to put your sig on your first post on a thread and not on any others. People have such long signatures that 3FC were having complaints from people on dialup about pages taking too long to load

We went to the pictures today in Manchester and saw Munich. I quite liked it, although I was determined not too. The acting and direction were fabulous. The story was very onesided and appeared to justify counter terrorism, but hey ho, it was worth it just to see Daniel Craig's stunning blue eyes!!!

I live in Ramsbottom, near Bury in Lancashire.

I have only ever been to Amsterdam, and I loved it. I thought the people were really nice. I have a friend who is a lecturer in Maastricht. He finds it quite frustrating, especially the language barrier. He finds the Dutch are fine when talking to tourists etc, but getting anything done, particularly red tape wise, is a bit problematic.

I had sushi for lunch, which I love. My partner doesn't love it quite so much, but the place we go to has a big carousel and you just choose things as you go, so it's really nice, you can stop when your hungry, and one person can eat a lot and the other doesn't have to, it's great! I was sitting next to a girl, and got chatting, she is from Australia too, so we swapped phone numbers!!!

Small world!!!

72butterfly
01-28-2006, 09:49 PM
Velveteen. Sure we can help each other out. That's what 3FC is all about. I think if I had this much support during previous weight loss journeys it would have made a huge difference. It is definitely helping me stay the course.

PinkyPie
01-29-2006, 06:48 AM
Good Morning Girls!! :carrot:

Kylie - I definitely want to see that movie but I know what you mean about justifying counter-terrorism and being one-sided. I don't agree with those tactics, well, terrorism in general... but it looks like it is well done anyway, so we're going to check it out as well.

Butterfly - Support is so important! I definitely think with you all I'll be able to reach my goals. We're going to be one hot group of chicks here!!

coley144
01-29-2006, 07:26 AM
Mornin everyone!

Well I have dusted my ego off after friday and am back on the horse. Actually I'm really pleased I didn't really get off the horse! Previously if I'd had a bad night I'd have ended up face down in the chocolate..not this time! It is really stupid to eat because you're depressed about being fat and I think I've finally got that in my head! Touch wood..

Am super busy today because I did a promotion on my tarot readings and now have so many to do! So my weekend has just been wiped out doing them. I am going to find time to get on my exercise bike though.

Thanks for the sig info Kykaree (Kykaree or Kylie?). Makes sense now. Veltveteen I hope you are feeling a bit better. Butterfly - I used to do yoga and really liked it. Not sure why I don't do it any more!

Have a good sunday everyone. xxx

kykaree
01-29-2006, 07:32 AM
Kykaree is my screen name, Kylie is my real name, so I'll answer to anything!!!

I've been for a swim this morning, an hour of sensible swimming, and an hour of swimming and chatting, can we call it interval training?? LOL

I'm going shopping this afternoon for some new clothes to wear to the gym, it's still hard even now. It was impossible when I was a UK 26 (US22) but still hard as a UK18 (US14). Wish me luck!

PinkyPie
01-29-2006, 08:38 AM
Coley proud of you for not falling off the horse!! Such a great way of being in control after it would have been so easy to eat the pain/frustration away!

Excellent about the reading promotion too - do people come to you, do you do it by phone, internet? how does it work?

I do hope you find the time to do something just for YOU though :)

Kylie Good luck with the shopping! If you think it's impossible in the UK you should try it here! Ugh! Something I don't understand... if there are a few Plus Size shops here... why don't they also offer us workout clothes? do they want us to stay fat so we can keep buying their godawful creations? I mean seriously... the stuff in the fat shops is just not ME. That's something I hate about being overweight - they don't make clothes that suit ME anymore... that probably goes for many of us.

Maybe I should show you guys pictures of my previous before and after? and now before/during so you see what I mean? Or is that too self-promoting! HAHAHAHA!!

Anyway, Kylie... best of luck with shopping and hope you find something that you like!

We are going to the Ex's today - My stepson's birthday is tomorrow and the party is today (he'll be 5). Surrounded by the Ex, Ex IL's, Ex friends of my boyfriend and a table full of food and drink... I tend to eat in these situations because I'm bored and I feel (paranoid?) that everyone is judging me. I'm just going to think of you all and NOT head for the food table. I don't need to. I am in control. I had an excellent brunch that filled me up and I'm NOT eating out of boredom, fear or paranoia!!

Tayja
01-29-2006, 11:15 AM
*** stalking Velveteen *** ;)

:lol: J/K just seen this thread tho... too young and with a chill'in so not right for your group... tho i am certifiably crazy :lol:

just wanted to wish you all good luck !! you can do it !! :cheer:

was going to suggest we start a OLU group, i seem to be recruiting lately :lol: but looks like you have found yourself a great little group here :D

coley144
01-29-2006, 11:25 AM
Hi Tayja, What's OLU? Maybe I'm just being a bit dim! Thanks for the good luck though - right back atcha!

Velveteen - Step back from the buffet! LOL. Oh it sounds like a really difficult situation. I hope it went ok.

I do my readings online. I have a regular column on a website and get jobs through that. I do the readings, type them up into Word and send them through. It works pretty well. I do face to face readings sometimes but I've had some problems with people crazier than me so I tend to stay on the net instead!

Anyway am done with my readings for the day so I'm onto the bike then off for a LONG bath. Tonight its a lovely tomato and pasta tea (corn pasta because I can't eat wheat) and a G+T. Perfect!

Tayja
01-29-2006, 11:30 AM
Coley, Velveteen and I are on another message board also OLU... and she found me over here when I first signed up...

since i found 3FC i've been telling EVERYONE about it and have had two other OLU girls sign up so far, plus some of my off line friends...

so when i seen her first post that she didnt feel she belonged in any of the exisiting groups i was gunna suggest we start a OLU group... but it seems she has found a great group here with ya'll since her first post !

emjay71
01-29-2006, 10:24 PM
Hi all,

I'm am involved in two other threads within this site but was nosing around and couldn't help but find all of you very interesting. I will be 35 in exactly 1 week, have fifty some pounds to lose, and you guessed it, have no children. I have been doing ww on my own and checking into this site for my accountability and motivation (my own little money saving idea). I also try to excercise on a daily basis, I do it at least 5 times a week. I do "walk away the pounds" tapes in the privacy of my own home. Fitness centers have worked well for me in the past, however, I now live in a rural area and it is not at all convenient. Here are my stumbling blocks: staying w/i my daily ww points and social drinking (which contributes to not staying w/i my points). Any pointers that have worked for anyone else here. Oh and I guess I should tell you I have been here since late November and have lost 6 lbs. I weigh in every Monday and immediately come to this site to make my progress known (thats the accountability part).

MJ

PinkyPie
01-30-2006, 05:05 AM
:lol: Tayja :lol:

You are indeed certifiably crazy! Who else is here from OLU? I noticed Helen a couple of weeks ago... but that's it!

Coley I managed to stay away from ALL food and caloric drink substances!! :carrot: I was pretty hungry when we returned home, so I had a snack and then later I made dinner. I felt REALLY good for staying away... even my BF said it was pretty hard (he's trying to trim his belly down a bit) - very tempting stuff...

Very interesting stuff!! Is it harder to do a reading when the person is not there in front of you? Or you get a clear indication from that person already of what they want to know? (I always thought a reader needed a clear question from the readee :) - I don't know much about it though, so feel free to correct me!)

Hope you enjoyed your workout, bath, dinner AND your G&T! :D

MJ Hello! Glad you found us! Wow you sure do exercise a bit! I can definitely get motivated from you! I do understand the stumbling blocks... I don't think I've stayed within points since I started WW, HOWEVER, I'm getting better at it and I still seem to be losing... Social drinking... that's a toughie, because I also like to go out for a drink! Not to mention that I love FOOD as well so going out is a big big obstacle for me and something I need to learn how to deal with. I like a glass of Red wine or two as well... that I've had to just cut out completely during the week. It does help with weight loss and I don't feel so tired in the morning (not that I feel hungover or something, I guess I'm just more able to get right up when I don't drink wine in the evenings - and that will help get me exercising in the mornings!)

Anyway, I'm rambling here... just wanted to say welcome and also CONGRATS on your loss so far! let's do this thing!!!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

So, GOOD MORNING all!

I had a good weekend food/drink wise, not perfect, but GOOD.

Mentally/Emotionally... I had not the best weekend, in fact the whole week was a bit... blah. I found out last Monday that my EX's Grandmother died and I felt very sad because I cared about her very much (long story about my separation and eventual divorce, but I haven't had any contact with his family - except a cousin I worked with previously - for over 2 years) and thinking about her, led to me thinking about my EX in-laws whom I miss terribly, led me to thinking about my family (another long story but the feelings there are generally anger and disappointment), which led me thinking about my friends (another story, but I have no friends at the moment because of the bad period I had), which led me feeling very lonely.

On top of that, we went to R's EX's place for his son's birthday party and that didn't make him feel happy at all. I wouldn't want to be surrounded by my former life either, but I kept telling him it's not about how WE feel, it's purely for his son and that's it.

All this emotional stuff... I'm just really surprised it didn't send me over the edge!!

On a positive note: I weighed at home this morning and I was down 2KG :spin: Let's see what really happens tomorrow evening at Weight Watchers :)

Also: I exercised this morning!! 20 minutes on my elliptical!

So, so far, so good!

coley144
01-30-2006, 06:05 AM
Emjay - Hello! Social drinking is difficult. I've found that my capacity is going down as I lose weight as well.

Velveteen - Am very impressed that you stayed away from the buffet especially after such a difficult weekend. Well done you! And well done on the weight loss. I'm still on TOM so am just waiting to see a difference.

When I'm doing a tarot reading over the net I need their date of birth and a photo. Normally we'll have chatted a bit by email so I think that helps me, 'find' them when I'm reading. It is very odd that it works but then tarot in general is quite odd!

Better go..am at work!

72butterfly
01-30-2006, 08:28 AM
Hi everyone,
I had a good weekend. I exercised on Saturday and Sunday. I did yoga with a friend on Saturday at a yoga studio. I wasn't a big fan of yoga because I had taken it once at my gym years ago and left the class early. I just cound't contort my body into those positions. My back hurt too. Anyways the experience on Saturday was much better. I am even thinking of taking classes from the studio. My friend thinks it would be cheaper to take it from any of the local county govt agencies which is true. I think I prefer the atmosphere of the studio. On Sunday I did water aerobics and it was great. Two instructors are sharing the teaching and we had the guy yesterday. What a great workout. Today I will be going to the gym for my weight training class with mom.

Food wise I did great. I had one slip up I need to stop obsessing over. 1am Sunday morning I had crackers and hummus. I didn't go crazy or anything because I portioned it out, but it wasn't part of the plan. I gotta let it go. I had been sticking to the plan for 4 straight weeks no cheating or anything. I was bound to break at some point. I generally eat whatever I want but just pay attention to the portions so I think I need to let go just a little then I won't feel the need to "cheat".

Gotta go. Everyone have a good Monday.

beginme
01-30-2006, 12:43 PM
My weekend was better than usual, but I just have the hardest time on weekends. I guess it's the no structure part. Well, that and the fact that I actually have TIME to be lazy (which I love)!

Anyone else have a hard time w/food on the weekends?

NYRabbit
01-30-2006, 01:14 PM
I just typed a big long thing and it disappeared on me. Argh!!

So here we go again. Sorry I was MIA all weekend...I'm on the computer at work so much during the week that sometimes I just can't face being on a computer on the weekend, and this was one of those weekends.

So a little about me:

I moved to NYC about a year and a half ago. It's been some tough times since coming here...changing jobs and having trouble making friends in a new place, etc.

I've been dieting my whole life in one form or another, but my most recent "diet" started in August. I weighed in then at 241. At that point I joined a sports club nearby and I have been going pretty religiously about 5 times a week, 45-90 minutes each time. My hubby is going too, which makes things much much easier. At that point I still pretty much ate whatever, but watched portions a bit. I did lose just doing that. But in December, my office started a WW at work group, so I joined in for the heck of it. I've been doing the points counting since last week of December. Thursdays are my meeting/weigh in day, and last Thursday I weighed in at 216. I was happy happy happy. :) My first goal is to break 200. My next goal is 175, and then I am going to take a look at myself and how I feel and decide whether to keep going or to work at maintaining for a while. We'll see.

I am a wicked stress eater, depression eater, anger eater. I always have been...in the past I've used my weight as a shield to make me invisible to people I wanted desperately to avoid.

I have trouble on weekends, because I have a nice little structure to my days on workdays, and it just doesn't work as well on weekends. On weekdays, I do breakfast at 9:30...snack around 11:00...lunch at 1:30 or so...another snack around 4:00...do the gym after work...do dinner after the gym. But weekends are just not falling that way, so I am struggling there. Dining out is a challenge, and living in NYC, I do a lot of dining out. Plus, 'caloric beverages' are a real challenge, especially because the ones I like are SO caloric (like apple and pineapple martinis, etc.)! I am trying to alternate one real drink with one glass of club soda, but it's hard anyway.

Looks like this little group is great, and you all seem to be doing very well. Can't wait to really get to know all of you.

FishWoman
01-30-2006, 03:08 PM
Hello all! I am catching up with everyone's posts. I am rarely on line over the weekend. We went out for my father-in-law's 71st birthday on Saturday. I ate alright, but drank too much wine. It seems there are several of us here that like the social drinking! I know it is something I need to cut down on, but I hate being the one with water.

I did the elliptical for 40 minutes each day on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, and I also did a 36 minute yoga dvd on Sunday. I know it seems as if I work out a lot, but it is easier for me to work out more than to cut calories. I have just been tracking calories for the past month, but have to go back to actually limiting calories again if I am going to drop any weight.

Coley - if you are going to the gym 2x/week, plus the bike and punch bag on the weekends then I think you are doing really well with exercise. Do you have a maximum amount of calories you eat? I am going back to 1600 starting today.

Velveteen - I used to be vegatarian (about 5 years) but wasn't eating properly at all near the last year of it. I ended up going back to eating meat in order to have a more balanced diet. I know that if I work at it, I can eat healthy and vegetarian, but I don't have the time right now. I try to watch what i eat, but frequently end up being excessively carb-heavy (bad carbs, not good fruit and vegetable carbs) when I cut back on meat and fish.

72butterfly - where in NoVa do you live? I live in North Potomac, MD and work near Farragut Square in DC.

Kykaree - I love sushi as well. DH is rarely up for it though.

NY Rabbit - I am going to be in Manhattan tonight (Peter Cooper Village). From now until the end of April I am going up for 2 to 4 days each week to assist one of our clients. Can you recommend any good restaurants or clubs in the area?

Tayja
01-30-2006, 04:42 PM
Velveteen... do you want me to call you Velventeen or by your name :lol: i got Karla and Kat(mrsjamie&kat) both over here :D

NYRabbit
01-30-2006, 05:44 PM
FishWoman: Restaurants...wooooo there are so many. If I'm right, Peter Cooper Village is around 1st Ave & 20th Street....hmm....I tend to stick more around midtown, but a girl in my office recommends Dos Caminos (mexican) at 26th & Park. Blue Smoke has great BBQ and they are at about 27th & Lex. I've heard Posto at 2nd Ave & 18th St. has great pizzas. If you want to go a little further, some great restaurants are China Grill (about 52nd & 6th), Victor's Cafe (cuban) at 52nd & Bway, and Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steakhouse (49th & 6th). As for clubs, there are a lot of clubs in the 20s between 5th & 6th...all kinds of them. I haven't been to any myself, so can't really recommend.

emjay71
01-30-2006, 11:14 PM
Hi everyone, Thank you for the warm welcome. Well today was weigh-in day for me and I am down 1 pound. No big surprise, I always lose only one pound. Just once I'd like to lose about three. However, I know I really shouldn't complain at least I am moving in the right direction. And my husband is out of town so I went out w/ the girls Friday night, and you guessed it, over indulged on the adult beverages. Oh well.

MJ

72butterfly
01-31-2006, 12:32 AM
FishWoman

I live and work in Arlington.

beginme
01-31-2006, 02:05 AM
Of course, and WELCOME!!!

The more the merrier here!

beginme
01-31-2006, 02:07 AM
So, had a really good food today so I'm psyched about that. Got in some exercise too, so all and all it's been good.

2 more days to my first weigh in since the B I G S H O C K E R of last week.

So, I've got everything xxed.

Thanks for the support folks!

coley144
01-31-2006, 05:37 AM
Hello everyone!

72 Butterfly - Crackers and hummus isn't a terrible crime! I know its annoying when we dont do perfectly. I wonder sometimes if that is one of the problems - that we are perfectionists. I know that as a kid I hated sports because (thanks to undiagnosed asthma) I wasnt the best. So I tended not to do it at all. Silly hey? I didn't want to do it unless I was the best.

Emjay71 - It is SO nice to see that I'm not the only one with a weakness for those adult beverages! I keep track of mine on my calorie counter website and sometimes there % are a bit embarrassing! i.e. 45% Carbs, 25% fat, 22% protein, 8% alcohol!!!!!! My New Years resolution is to get it much lower!

Ms Crockett - You are very welcome. Any preferences in diet plans?

beginme - Good luck with the weigh in. I've just FINALLY finished TOM so I'm hoping for some results asap!

Wanted to share a bit of insight I got last night. Me and the man went food shopping and had a row on the way round. It was something stupid and over quickly but it happened when we were walking down past the chocolate. I was overcome with this urge to just grab the chocolate and eat it. I was so frustrated with him at that point not listening to me and in some way I thought that my eating or overeating would communicate that I was pissed off with him.

In my family we've never been very good at arguments, tending to avoid them at all costs. I always knew that I ate because I was angry. I just never knew I ate to communicate that I was angry! Stupid really because who's going to understand that? Anyway it opened my eyes to that weirdness which is obviously something I've been doing for years! And as no-one going to say 'you're obviously angry as you're eating chocolate,' its never going to be acknowledged so the anger isn't going to go away!

Hope that made sense! Sometimes I think too much!

PinkyPie
01-31-2006, 07:53 AM
Coley – I was pretty amazed with myself too for staying away from the food table :lol:. Next time I’m faced with it, I will remember that I was able to conquer it before!

Tarot is a bit strange, but I like it and am always intrigued by it!

Your post about eating to communicate that you were angry REALLY struck me. That is SO me! Anger is one of the MAIN reasons I pretty much expanded quickly to get where I am now. I still feel like a walking time bomb at times, because I am angry and I’m also very sad and I just don’t always know how to say it. It’s a long story, but it has a lot to do with my parents and growing up. I tend to keep everything inside. People who really know me, KNOW that I’m like this because I’ve had such a hard time, because it shows in my weight, my skin (I have pretty bad excema on my hands) and my hair (I have alopaecia so I get bald spots!!).

Now the question is – how do we deal with the anger instead of eating to show it?

Butterfly – WOW lots of exercise this weekend! Glad you liked your yoga class too! I have been thinking about yoga for a while now… but I too did a class AGES ago and really didn’t like it… it was just a drop in class so I felt really lost with the moves and, on top of that, they wanted us to breathe in one nostril and out the other and I thought “That’s it! I’m outta here!” :lol:

Definitely don’t worry about your slip-up. Think about it… before you were busy with losing weight you would have “slipped up” even worse possibly!! Crackers and hummous is surely a MUCH better choice than cookies, ice cream, chocolate, pizza, etc… I think you made an excellent choice for a 1am snack attack!

Beginme – I definitely normally have problems on the weekends. It has everything to do with structure and control. During the week I can be in much better control. Preparing my food, eating at certain times, etc. Weekends can just be too crazy. It’s something I want to really learn how to deal with better.

Glad you had a good food day AND exercise!! Woot!! :cb:

I’m crossing everything for you for your w/i as well!!!

NY Rabbit – Where are you originally from? I have a very good friend, from high school actually, who moved to NYC also, but now several years ago. She lives in Brooklyn. It was also hard for her in the beginning, but I guess as with any place it gets easier with time! I personally didn’t have ANY friends or social life for my first 3 years in this country, so I can relate!

Your weight loss so far is EXCELLENT! :bravo:Congratulations! Do you like WW so far?

I guess there are several of us now who eat during rougher times. I just don’t know how to break the pattern, but I wish I did.

I, too, like my caloric beverages! :lol: Last weekend I made sure to drink at least a litre of water while I was drinking my vodka/Cassis Light. Of course it’s easy at home, going out is another story… and I have discovered a place in town that makes mojitos… luckily for my body we don’t have a lot of cash to go out much, but when we do… :lol:

FishWoman – I did the same when I was vegetarian; I would go on and off of a few select animals just so that I was getting some sort of decent nutrients in my body. I remember a LONG time ago, I worked a night shift and LIVED off of pasta and espresso. Then I wondered why I would pass out occasionally, when I had almost NO iron in my blood… silly, silly, girl!

Do you know how much extra time it would take you do eat the way you really want to? Is there anything you could skim some time off of? I know that changing out lifestyles CAN be timeconsuming when we are not used to incorporating it in our daily lives.

Tayja - :lol: you know my name, you can call me by it! I have my name in my sig but it only shows up on the first post of a new page I post on

MJ – “only” a pound is STILL a pound and STILL a loss!! Way to go!! :cp:

Another adult beverage indulger in the group!! Seems to be a theme here!

MsCrockett – :welcome3: to the group!

I am doing Weight Watchers at the moment and I only just started exercising. You should be able to lose with any plan w/no or limited exercise in the beginning anyway. You must do some type of movement for work, don’t you?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Today is my w/i day! Actually tonight! I’m nervous!!

Tayja
01-31-2006, 08:09 AM
:lol: Ok Renee will do :D

just wasnt sure since it seems everyone around here is more on a username basis then a first name basis :lol:

Getting ready to head off to school... I hope everyone in this group has a wonderful day today :D

72butterfly
01-31-2006, 08:23 AM
Coley and Velveteen thanks for the support. The perfectionist part does trip me up. I think overdoing everything last time is what knocked me off the wagon. Here's the story. I had lost 129 pounds then put 93.5 of it back on. I've let go of that and moved on. I've lost 10 pounds this month and am extremely happy about that. I have done this before and I will do it again. This time it will stay off with the support of my 3FC friends. I don't know if any of you are familiar with the Myers-Briggs test. They tested me at work and I am an ISTJ. I know people say don't get locked into that stuff but when I read the profile: ITS ME! One of the things they say is ISTJ women struggle with their weight. I pride myself on being self aware and I truly believe that will get me through this journey successfully this time.

Exercise..I do really like it. I am dragging and screaming the entire way but once I am there I work hard. Afterwards I feel that natural high and if I sweat a lot that is even better. I am working out 4 times a week. In a few months I will move that up to 5 times a week and stay there until I have met my goals. I may have to adjust that I will see. I am sticking to the 4 times a week now because I have a lot on my plate right now and I don't want to push too much then I will want to quit (self aware).

Gotta go. Happy Tuesday

hellokittyfan
01-31-2006, 12:00 PM
Hi everyone,

Can I join your group??

I'm 32, no kids, with about 50-60 to lose. I just joined WW again and lost 1.6 pounds in my first week which brings my weight loss to 4.1 pounds (not alot, but it's a start!).

I'm also a lifetime WW member and this time after my loss, I hope to stay one!!! :)

Lisa :carrot:

PinkyPie
01-31-2006, 02:12 PM
Tayja - that's true, it's definitely more anonymous here than at OLU :)

Butterfly - I understand about perfectionism. I was reading on another website about the definition of perfectionism and how it differs from person to person. One thing that really struck me was that the "all or nothing" way of looking at it, really doesn't work - we become WAY too hard on ourselves. I mean, let's face it, making mistakes is HUMAN. NO ONE is perfect and that's why you need to give yourself a break every so often. In fact, the best thing (in my humble opinion ;) ) is to celebrate the positive each and every day, make sure you pat yourself on the back for all the good that you did, rather than just one or two "bad" things. There's also the words "bad" and "good" which I think are way too vague for everyday life and situations. You can only do what is best for you at the time. We are faced constantly with choices... and like I said earlier... you had hummous and crackers... how many people do you know who do something "bad" or slip up eat something as healthy as that? Usually it's fast food, or pizza, ice cream, chocolate... something we end up feeling very guilty about, because we are programmed (or rather, somewhere along the line we or someone else programmed us to feel that way) to feel that way. Be good to yourself and you really will acheive what you want :D

I do like exercise myself too, but I'm exactly the same way! You have to practically light a fire under my a$$ but once I get going, I love it! I love the way I feel afterwards, yes, even the sweat also, it's like "proof" that I did something good for my body! 4 times a week is really AWESOME - I haven't even managed twice yet! Keep up the good work!

MsCrockett - I'm glad you have been able to figure out what is right for you! Anything we can support you with, you can count on us!

Hellokittyfan - Hi Lisa and :welcome3: Glad to have you with us and CONGRATS on your loss so far! I'm also a returning lifetimer! Let's do it this time and NOT have to go through the whole thing again!

By the way I also love Hello Kitty! :D

PinkyPie
01-31-2006, 03:18 PM
Hooray!!! 1.2 KG down this week / 2.65 lbs!!!

beginme
01-31-2006, 03:47 PM
I get the whole perfectionist thing too! How is it we manage to use it against ourselves so much?!?!?

Well, I couldn't wait one more day, so I got on the scale today. I'm down 1 lb. Not as much as I hoped give how hard I've worked this week, but still, the scale is headed in the right direction!!

I'm going to be happy with it.

It's so exciting to see this group growing so quickly!!

Thanks to Velveteen (which is my fav. book of all time) for getting us all together.

It's so comforting to read all the stories!

NYRabbit
01-31-2006, 04:40 PM
Hi all

We've got some great losses in here so far!! Let's keep those scales creeping downward!!!!

Velveteen...Congrats on your loss by the way! I'm originally from Phoenix AZ...then moved to Massachusetts...then here to NY. I like it here in a lot of ways, but there are just soooo many people that it's easy to feel lost and even easier to feel alone, which is a pretty weird thing based on the sheer number of human beings roaming about.

I do like WW so far...I miss many of my old habits (like lots of ice cream and chocolate!!) but what can I do? If I want to be thinner, then the ice cream had to go. How many points are you getting a day? I'm at 26...that's not too bad. Would love a few more, of course. ;)

Last night I wound up way under on my points, but today I am running toward the higher end. Ah well...a small dinner is in my future I suppose.

I can totally relate to the communicating anger through eating. But you're right - it doesn't work - so why do we do it? Something to be paid close attention to I think.

And I say yay for crackers and hummus. In my moments of weakness I turn to candy or cookies. So more power to you.

Keep on keepin' on everyone!

hellokittyfan
01-31-2006, 05:28 PM
Hi everyone,

NYrabbit - I have the same points each day (26). Most days I find it hard to eat enough points (hard to believe, but true!). I eat so many fruits and veggies and some of them have no points.

It is tough, I miss eating whatever I want, but I'm trying my best. Keep up the good work!!

Lisa :D

coley144
02-01-2006, 05:15 AM
Mornin Ladies,

Lovely to see lots of people here! Am in a bit of a mood today as my TOM has finally finished and I'm a pound up on when it started! Havent eaten more so my body owes me! Fingers crossed for tomorrows scale visit!

beginme
02-01-2006, 01:31 PM
Ok, I couldn't resist and got on the scale again today---down another 2 lbs for a total of 3 lbs.

Yippee!!

beginme
02-01-2006, 01:33 PM
Wait a minute.... where's my tracker?

NYRabbit
02-01-2006, 01:51 PM
Hi all

hellokittyfan - I have the same points too (26). Our leader was telling us though that it is okay to eat lower than that if we are not hungry, but that we should never go lower than 20 because 20 is the bare minimum needed for proper nutrition. So I kind of look at it like I am on a scale between 20 and 26. Monday night I only got to 20, last night I got to 25. I wish I liked more vegetables - it would make it much easier to fill me up for low or no points. As it is I am a little anti-vegetable, unless it's a salad. And then there's that pesky dressing because I tend to hate low fat/fat free versions.

coley - no worries, that pound will disappear!

beginme - great loss, congrats!

Have a great day everyone.

ves
02-01-2006, 08:16 PM
I would like to join this one. I need to shed the weight i gained in the last few yrs. I was doing well till my grandmother passed away, had to go to the UK then i fell off my program i was doing soooo good had lost 40lbs
now that i am getting married in sept i have to get into shape
so i bought one of those recumbant bikes i used it 1 hr per day trying to eat sensibly. i know what to eat, just like the junk food. (i am a nurse, go figure)
so anways i have lost 10lbs in the last 2 weeks so i think that is pretty good

fiancee has 3 daughters
and we have 3 cats too

Sunrose
02-01-2006, 10:29 PM
Hi everyone,

I hope it's okay if I join in, too! I am almost 31, with no children, and have about 95 more pounds to lose. I slowly lost some weight over the past year, but I have stepped it up over the past month and have lost about 8 pounds, mostly through exercise and watching my calories. I teach high school and have a great boyfriend and two great cats. I look forward to getting to know all of you better!

coley144
02-02-2006, 05:52 AM
Hello Ves and Sunrose. You both sound like you are doing really well.

Beginme and Velveteen- Congratulations!

NY Rabbit - Thanks! It had gone today and I'm wavering over the next pound so I'm hoping for a result by the weekend.

Ms Crockett - You can do it! My fella gave up pepsi and had a bad headache for a few days. Once that was done he was fine. If you think about it though why would you want to drink something that gives you withdrawal pains?

Hellokittyfan - great name by the way! I find it hard some days to get up to my calorie limit. I bank them though so it means I can have a higher calorie day the next day. Can you do that with points?

hellokittyfan
02-02-2006, 10:43 AM
Hi all:

Ny - thanks for sharing about the 20 points. I've actually been doing better this week. Yes thankfully I like vegetables, but my downfall is candy and all kinds of sweets. I find that I can actually eat a little here and there (as long as I write it down!) and it's ok!! I've also heard at the meetings that people tend to lose more weight if they use a little bit of their flex points every day, so we'll see when I weigh in on Saturday. Keeping my fingers crossed!!

Mscrockett - way to go on giving up the pop!! You can do it. It's so much healthier for your body to drink water. I know it's hard, but it'll be worth the effort. Hang in there!!!!

Coley - about the points, well you can't carry them over day to day, but we have flex points every week. They are 35 points that you can use in any way you want to supplement your daily points range. I don't use up all of mine at all really. I've been using up more of my points as I get hungrier in the afternoon and evening, so I'll have to see how that goes.

Hope you guys are doing well. Happy Thursday!!!

hellokittyfan
02-02-2006, 10:46 AM
Hi all:

Ny - thanks for sharing about the 20 points. I've actually been doing better this week. Yes thankfully I like vegetables, but my downfall is candy and all kinds of sweets. I find that I can actually eat a little here and there (as long as I write it down!) and it's ok!! I've also heard at the meetings that people tend to lose more weight if they use a little bit of their flex points every day, so we'll see when I weigh in on Saturday. Keeping my fingers crossed!!

Mscrockett - way to go on giving up the pop!! You can do it. It's so much healthier for your body to drink water. I know it's hard, but it'll be worth the effort. Hang in there!!!!

Coley - about the points, well you can't carry them over day to day, but we have flex points every week. They are 35 points that you can use in any way you want to supplement your daily points range. I don't use up all of mine at all really. I've been using up more of my points as I get hungrier in the afternoon and evening, so I'll have to see how that goes.

Hope you guys are doing well. Happy Thursday!!!

princess_atti2ed
02-02-2006, 11:52 AM
Hey everyone, was wondering if I can join in too? My name is Heather, I will be 30 in April and Im married with no kids... We have been married for almost 8 years (July 4th) and I had a bout of cancer when I was 19 so no babies for us so far... We are hoping to do in-vitro this summer though!

Anyway, Im trying to do weight watchers here at home on my own, mom is doing it at her house as well so we are trying to keep each other going 80 miles apart! I would love to have some support from others, and give lots of support to those who want it! Anyone else doing the WW thing?

Im trying to keep doing my exercises, although it seems every week I do good exercising, I end up gaining weight! LOL I know muscle weighs more, but that doesnt make me feel any better!

Thanks for reading!

Heather

PinkyPie
02-02-2006, 12:44 PM
Hi All, sorry I've not posted the last couple of days! Been busy but doing just fine! I'm going to try and post later tonight and at least welcome everyone properly :)

ves
02-02-2006, 01:48 PM
well about the pop thing i know you can do it, as i have done it. I just lovvvvvve POP well use to untill i found out it was the cause of my heartburn.

i drink water and thats about it unless i have lemonade

dont like coffee, or tea

i must drink 6-10 bottles of water a day. i love it when the bottles go on sale :carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

ves
02-02-2006, 01:48 PM
well about the pop thing i know you can do it, as i have done it. I just lovvvvvve POP well use to untill i found out it was the cause of my heartburn.

i drink water and thats about it unless i have lemonade

dont like coffee, or tea

i must drink 6-10 bottles of water a day. i love it when the bottles go on sale :carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

beginme
02-02-2006, 05:10 PM
Hi folks,

I agree about the soda (or pop)! Anything that can unclog a drain has no business in my body!

That said, it took me FOREVER to give up my 2 a day habit. But I did it 5 years ago. I feel better for it.

Now, if I could just give up the chocolate.......

Happy Thursday!

NYRabbit
02-02-2006, 05:47 PM
Hi everyone

Welcome to the new folks. We're getting lots 'o' ladies in here. Woo hoo.

Ves & sunrose - welcome welcome. Tell us all about what you're doing & stuff.

MsCrockett - great for you on getting rid of the soda. I used to have a 2-3 regular soda a day habit. Caused a lot of my weight problems, I am sure. Now I have a diet one once in a while, but I usually stick to water, selzer & club soda. It makes you feel better for sure!

Coley - yay that the pound is gone! Maybe it will take a friend with it!!

hellokittyfan - I used every last one of my flex points this last week & still lost. I don't like to use them, but sometimes I think it's unavoidable, especially for eating out. For candy - have you tried the WW/Whitman's candy? I found them in my pharmacy, just 1 point per piece and pretty good.

Oh yeah - Heather - welcome to you too! Almost lost you in there. Lots of us are doing WW, including me. Lots of points chat going on!

Velveteen - HI! Your little group here is growing by leaps and bounds.

So I had my weigh in today, and despite a bad exercise week and just so-so food week, I was down 2.6 lbs. to 213.4. I couldn't be happier. Yay!!

Keep on a keepin' on everyone! Have a great rest of the day.

PinkyPie
02-03-2006, 05:00 AM
So...

Good Morning everyone!!

The last couple days have been OK foodwise - actually Wednesday was a perfect 20 points! Yesterday I woke up late, threw a bunch of stuff in a grocery bag and made due with what I had PLUS we had pizza last night (but still did differently than in the past - shared a pie with my boyfriend instead of having a whole pie, so 4 pieces), ended up at 26½ points. I even exercised yesterday! 20 minutes on my elliptical! :carrot:

I am still a little bit sick, my boyfriend is really sick and the kids are coming this weekend - I need to plan a little bit beforehand, though will be challenging as it was my stepson's birthday Monday and we are going to have cake for him on Sunday...

Still will get to personals here - I would really like to keep this thread going... we only had 5 pages and 14 people have posted... I think it's a nice little group :)

coley144
02-03-2006, 06:17 AM
Mornin!

Am confused about which thread is active so am posting on the highest one!

Still seeing no downwards movements on the scale (normally after TOM I drop 2 pounds) but I figure that as I have just started going to the gym so that may well account for it. Still I'll keep plodding along. Am due at the gym today.

Velveteen - Can't you build in some cake points? And I've got to ask a question that has been bugging me - What is an elliptical? I know I'm an exercise novice but what on earth is it?

PinkyPie
02-03-2006, 06:45 AM
Hi Coley!

Are you weighing every day? The exercise COULD have something to do with it, how many times have you been? You started last week right?

I probably could build in some cake points... AND I'm going to try to make the cake with applesauce instead of butter. I think we're going to take the kids bowling though, so that means we'll eat out afterwards. I think I just have to be kind to myself and not put too much stress on being "perfect". And I CAN work out at home, that should help.

An elliptical is this: http://www.trainersecrets.com/Images/elliptical_trainer/nordic%20track/nordic_track_ctx910.jpg

I bought it a few years ago and used it A LOT the first year and a half. I actually bought it from a place in SCOTLAND and had it shipped here! :lol: Yes, I'm crazy, but I wanted it and I couldn't find one here like it (I have a Nordic Track). It ended up costing me around €1000 with importing it :dizzy:

Just last night I was saying to Ron (my bf) "I can't believe I used to do 45 -60 min on this thing 4x a week!!" as I was about to pass out after 17 minutes!!

coley144
02-03-2006, 06:54 AM
Ahh! They have those at the gym. Here in Sheffield we have lots of hills which are a lot cheaper versions of that! Just teasing! Still I couldn't walk up one for 50 mins straight! I have a friend who runs up hills for 7 hours straight! That's just craziness!

I am weighing every day. I'm a mite obsessed. Have you read the Hackers diet? Have a link if you want one. He has a good argument for weighing every day then averaging it out so highs and lows aren't so emotional. I should try to listen to that!

PinkyPie
02-03-2006, 07:00 AM
Oh, I've been to Sheffield before, I know what you are talking about! :lol: There are NO hills in Holland... well, maybe one, in Limburg. Pretty far to go just for exercise! Ha!

I am trying NOT to weigh every day, but sometimes I do... I don't want to allow the scale to tell me what kind of day to have. Right now it's not of course, but later, when I'm not losing like I am now (the beginning) it may become something bad...

would love the link - am always intersted in different ideas and opinions and theories... :)

princess_atti2ed
02-03-2006, 09:26 AM
Hey ladies! I was just wondering what the problem was with this board? I joined the other day, sorry if there are too many people on here now! Thought is was where I fit in the best! Manybe there is a good reason for needing a new one??

Anyway, about that eliptical... I used to use it at the gym when I had a membership and OMG kicked my butt every time! I'd like to get a treadmill to use all the time, that I can put in front of the tv and do it while I watch my favorite show!!

I also weigh myself everyday, although WW tells ya not to, I use it as motivation to do better, and to get on track if Im not! Im up 3lbs from my weigh in which is Sat. but its also TOM and I have exercised 4x this week which I haven't done in the past, so Im really hoping that is the reason... I have stayed within my points everyday except for last Sat. after I weighed in we went out to eat a couple times! :dizzy:

Let's go ladies we can do it.... My goal today is 200 reps with my thighmaster... amongst other things too I guess!!

Heather :hug:

ves
02-03-2006, 10:56 AM
well it is a sucky rainy day here had a break inbetween paitients so im going to get on my bike and do a 30 min go of it

have one of those recumbant ones, it was sitting in my brothers basement so i lifted it. as my friend in berkshire says you are just borrowing it hh he :carrot: :carrot:

i'll continue to post in this thread, just did not get what was going on :hug:

PinkyPie
02-03-2006, 11:05 AM
well it is a sucky rainy day here had a break inbetween paitients so im going to get on my bike and do a 30 min go of it

have one of those recumbant ones, it was sitting in my brothers basement so i lifted it. as my friend in berkshire says you are just borrowing it hh he :carrot: :carrot:

i'll continue to post in this thread, just did not get what was going on :hug:

"borrowing" long term! :lol:

princess_atti2ed
02-03-2006, 11:14 AM
Hi Heather

There is no problem with the group :) Just some confusion.

I guess you work out quite a lot huh? Sure looks like it! Good luck with your goal today!!

Well unfortunately NO I do not work out quite a bit, which is the problem! LOL Im trying really hard to get motivated to keep getting some sort of exercise in! I'd like to get a treadmill soon so I can keep going and add some variety!

Thanks so much for the encouragement!!

PinkyPie
02-03-2006, 11:39 AM
I have a little challenge with a friend of mine in San Diego where we are working out 3x a week for minimal 10 minutes and keeping each other posted about it. It's the only way I can get myself exercising :lol:

Wonder how we can get a challenge going on here?

PinkyPie
02-03-2006, 11:47 AM
So, I got some clarity from Suzanne (she rocks btw) and I understand that other groups close their threads sometimes after a certain amount of posts.

What do you guys think? Should we have a monthly thread for example? I mean, we just started as a group so I would be ok keeping this one open for the whole month of Feb and then a new one in March?

Or we could do weekly? We could have themes, etc? I'm open to any/all ideas and think it would be great if we could decide as a group :)

NYRabbit
02-03-2006, 12:04 PM
I think monthly would probably be good - less to keep track of!

princess_atti2ed
02-03-2006, 02:45 PM
I think we could do it once a month, less hastle, and I really think that we are all pretty capable of keeping up with a months worth of posts! But then just my opinion! :D

Heather

coley144
02-05-2006, 02:48 PM
Hello Ladies!

Monthly threads are cool with me. Lost 2 more pounds as of yesterday. Hurrah! One more and its two stone which is very good here in the UK!

Went to the cinema last night (to see the Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe) which was fab and as I was majorly down on calories for the day I thought I'd have some chocolate raisins. Didn't have loads, the bag was very empty in comparison to my fellas but it was still 225 grams! So I'm working that out thinking 'well ok, it might be 500 calories but I've only have 650 today so i'm ok.' Looked on my calorie counter today - 950! yes 950!!!

Bugger!

It doesn't throw my average for the week out or anything but 950! OMG! What a waste! I could've had steak, mushroom and fries! A lesson learnt there!

NYRabbit
02-05-2006, 06:01 PM
Hi everyone

Getting ready to watch the Super Bowl...hubby's making lots of goodies out of the weight watchers cookbooks. If the recipes turn out good, I'll let you guys know.

Hope everyone's having a great weekend!

hellokittyfan
02-06-2006, 03:26 PM
Hope you guys all did well with eating and the Superbowl. I didn't eat all that well this weekend, but I stayed within my WW points range, so that's good. I need to up my exercise this week!!

I lost 2 more pounds, so that's a total of 6.1 pounds. I'm on my way, slowly but surely!!!

Ny- no I haven't tried that candy yet. I try to eat tons of fruit, so one day I will wake up and either be an apple or a strawberry!!! LOL!

Take care.

Lisa :carrot: :carrot:

princess_atti2ed
02-06-2006, 03:31 PM
Ok everyone... I gained 2lbs :( pretty crappy... although its TOM and I have exercised 4x last week so maybe its a bit of muscle? LOL And yes I sucked watching the game yesterday... I'll get back on the wagon though... It should be stopping by any second!

congrats to everyone who lost and for those of us that didnt... There is always this week!!! :hug:

Heather

ves
02-06-2006, 11:47 PM
well the beginging of a new week. I have been doing pretty good, exept sunday. I was on ebay, shopping. I did not do my hr on the exercise bike:dizzy: but did get some wedding shopping accomplished he he

i have again started my hr and will be continued to do so
last week i lost 3lbs yayyy

i need to lose some more so my dress will fit awsome:carrot: :carrot:

weights are tomarrow to help with those awful muscles that are hiding somewhere:strong:

coley144
02-07-2006, 04:53 AM
NY Rabbit - Hope you enjoyed the superbowl.

HelloKittyFan - 2 more pounds! Excellent!

princess - It'll be TOM I promise. It always does that to me. Mind you the gym does as well so I think you are right. Its the combination of the two.

ves - 3 pounds? Well done! And dont get me started about ebay. I get so excited by it! Its like a competition but you actually get stuff!

I'm having a very spotty week this week. Have even got a spot on my neck! Never had one there before. Now have a mouth ulcer as well so feeling a bit grotty. Nowhere near TOM so its very unusual. Did post somewhere else about toxins so I wont repeat myself. Anyway onwards and upwards...

hellokittyfan
02-07-2006, 10:41 AM
HI guys,

Congrats to everyone who lost!!

Heather - hang in there and don't let the weight gain get you down. It happens sometimes!!! :hug: Just keep doing what you're doing and you will get there!!

Coley - hope the "spots" go away!!! Maybe try seeing a dermatologist or something if they become more bothersome. Congrats on losing your 2 pounds too!!! ;)

Hope all are well. I'm feeling a little "blah" today, but I'm hanging in there.

Take care.

** Stacye **
02-07-2006, 12:27 PM
Heya ladies! Room for another?
I was doing some reading thru the thread last night and thought this would be a great place to be ... So, here I am! :D

Here's a little about Me:

I'm 37
Married - We've been together for 8 yrs & married for 5 yrs
No bio-kids, but I do have DSS who is 11 yrs old
2 furbabies - Cat 'Rudi' & Mini Dachshund 'Roxi'

I was married before for 11 yrs - noone could ever figure out why we couldn't get pg - I/we had come to terms with the fact that it just wasn't going to happen, so I totally let go of any idea of ever having a child.

Fast forward several years ... remarried now :p and I'm at the doc's having some blood work done b/c I was feeling like *poopy* ... it was then discovered that not only was I extrememly Anemic (from years of terrible AF's), but I also have PCOS and I'm IR (insulin resistant). I had a small surgical proceedure in Jan. 2005 and we immediately began fertility. After a year of failed treatments, I decided that I would lose 50 lbs and then we'd try again - but at the time I had no idea just how much losing weight and getting healthy would become to me. Like most of you I'm sure, I've lost and gained over the years ... Nothing would work longer than 3 mths and I'd be right back where I started and weighing MORE! But this time was different, something clicked inside me - call it my lightbulb moment, whatever ... it was just different! I've been on plan since August of 2005 and to date I've lost 68 lbs :carrot: - I still have a 'weighs' to go, but even now I feel better than I have in years!

I'm not really on a plan, per say - I'm using portion control, some counting of calories and I'm moving more - Whodathunkit? Eat less, move more ... it DOES work! :)

My exercise consists of walking, elliptical (my DH got me one for Christmas), Biggest Loser DVD and just yesterday I bought a balance ball and a jump rope. Jump rope?? Yep, did ya know that you can burn upto 1000 calories an hour jumping rope? Not like I can do an hour (yet) ... but, it's fun and I'm burning calories!

Well, this is getting a little long, so I'd best close for now!
Congrats to each of you on your success so far :carrot: :carrot:
I look forward to getting to know each of you!

beginme
02-08-2006, 08:29 PM
Hi Stacey!! Welcome!! You look great, congrats on all your success so far!

Wow, this group sure is growing and that's GREAT!

I've had a really tough week, but still lost 2 lbs, so I'm happy!

Hope everyone's having a good week!!

coley144
02-11-2006, 08:43 AM
Hello everyone! Have been away on training the past few days. It was only 30minutes away but it was SO much colder!

Hellokittyfan - hope you are feeling less blah!

stacye - Welcome! Wow you've done really well! I started that same time as you and you've lost double the amount I have! You must be working really hard!

beginme - 2lbs!!! Well done! I don't think, after the first week I've ever lost 2lbs in a week.

So how's everyone else? Been good? Been bad? Been middling (that's neither good nor bad but somewhere in the middle)?

princess_atti2ed
02-11-2006, 09:22 AM
Hey everyone... Well my week wasn't bad as it could have been, but certainly could have been better!! Last week I gained 3lbs for some reason (I even exrecised 4x) and this wekk I lost 1.5 of that, so Im almost back down to what I was...

Keep up the good work to everyone... and have a wonderful weekend!

Heather:carrot:

NYRabbit
02-14-2006, 05:35 PM
Where's everyone gone to?

I was in FL on vacation but I'm back. Hello out there!

princess_atti2ed
02-14-2006, 05:39 PM
Good question!! I posted on Saturday with my weight loss for the week and that was it.... Maybe I chased everyone away? :?: LOL

Hope everyone is having a great week so far and maybe people will wake up!

Heather

coley144
02-15-2006, 04:20 AM
I'm still here! Was wondering where everyone had gone as well!

NYRabbit
02-15-2006, 10:38 AM
Glad to see some familiar faces. :)

Been rocky on the food & exercise front this last week or so because of vacation and then hurting my back. But I hope for not too much damage on my weigh in tomorrow! Wish me luck.

hellokittyfan
02-15-2006, 02:29 PM
It has been a little quiet, but I always try to visit.

Hope you guys are doing well.

ves
02-15-2006, 05:39 PM
well i have been working like mad, so i have been lucky to get my hr of exercise in everyday this week

im feeling fat he he but havent gained any its probally cause im tired or something

trying to make plans for wedding in sept in the UK too so i have beeeeen so busy but i do pop in every once and a while

:hug:

NYRabbit
02-16-2006, 03:50 PM
Hi there everyone (wherever everyone may be!)

PHEW! Made it through my weigh in for WW. Down 1.6. What a relief. I missed last weeks meeting because of vacation - a vacation that involved hamburgers and birthday cake more than it should have. Then hurting my back, haven't crossed the threshold of the gym in over a week. So I am SO glad that buckling down these last few days food-wise got me a good result.

How is everyone else doing??

coley144
02-17-2006, 10:26 AM
Hello, hello!

NY Rabbit - well done on the 1.6! How's your back now?

ves - How are you getting on with the wedding planning? Don't even mention ebay to me! I love it and have to seriously control myself when I'm on there.

princess - Well done to you too! I think the exercise certainly adds on muscle and messes up the weight loss for a while.

hellokittyfan- how's it going with you?

Velveteen, beginme, stayce and Kykaree - you still around? How's it going?

I'm in my normal waiting for TOM weight rise. It'll be a week or so before I see any movement downwards. Its as these times I have to remind myself to just keep going. I went to the gym today - 3rd time this week - when I have spent all day thinking of excuses not to go..so I'm quite chuffed (pleased) with myself.

Anyway hugs to those of you struggling and congratulatory slaps on the back for those of you that arent. x

Keeksee
02-18-2006, 04:48 AM
I just found out about this site 2 days ago... Is it too late to join? I am on the WW @ home too, married, no kids, no pets and a whole lot of pounds to lose! Would love to achieve goals with others! :)

coley144
02-18-2006, 08:14 AM
Hello Keeksee, you are very welcome. Where you from?

And hurrah! I've lost another pound despite being due on. I think this gym business is paying off. This bring it to 28 pounds which is 2 stone here in the UK - a very nice round number...or a bit less round hopefully! Anyway hurrah!

Keeksee
02-18-2006, 07:06 PM
Hi Coley! Thanks for the welcome... I'm from Sunny (currently raining) California! :) Congratulations on another pound lost! I'm trying to get back on track and would need all the help/support I need... Slowly but surely right?! :)

Looking forward getting to know everyone... Talk to you soon! :D

coley144
02-20-2006, 05:44 AM
Hi Keeksee. You know I thinking slowly but surely is definitely the way to go. I do keep being frustrated by the slow plodding of my weight loss but really its good for many reasons...
1) My weight is actually going down rather than up - fundamentally a good thing!
2) Slow weight loss gives your skin more time to catch up.
3) It gives your mind more time to catch up too.
4) It gives you more time for your new routine to become completely routine.

I should read this list next time I get frustrated!

NYRabbit
02-20-2006, 08:32 PM
Hi everyone - & welcome Keeksee.

Having a very rough patch...still having back troubles unfortunately, so no gym yet. I am hoping tomorrow or Wednesday (guessing it will be Wednesday). Don't know what to expect out of this Thursday's weigh in. *heavy sigh*

How is everyone doing?

princess_atti2ed
02-20-2006, 08:40 PM
Hey everyone! Well this weekend absolutely sucked, we went to chicago to celebrate valentines day and my eating was horrid!! Also barely drank any water... Sooo Im 3lbs more than when I weighed myself on friday before we left! Im hoping that its mostly water weight, so Im on about 70oz so far for the day. On the positive side, I did work out twice at our hotel, they had a pretty nice workout room so when I got up at 7 before everyone else, I went down to exercise!!

So here is to a wonderful week to everyone, and here's hoping I can get this excess weight off this week!

If we keep working hard we can all do it... think of all of the sticks of butter we can eliminate this week!! :carrot:

Heather

ves
02-20-2006, 09:57 PM
Yes i am int he same boat as some of the other people. My FH is on a buisness trip and i came with him. We are at the royal york in toronto. So i have been trying to go to the gym every day they have an amaizing workout room.
Small problem is the dinner that we have to go to. OMG the food is amaizing today i was shocked to be able to out to benihan it is a japanese restarant. Oh and the complimentary breakfast and alchol doesnt help

thought i would come on to see how everyone is doing. thank goodness i lost 2lb last week cause im sure next weigh in wont be that sucessful

:dizzy:
off to drink some more :D

chubs107
02-21-2006, 10:47 AM
Hello Everyone!!! I'd love to be part of your group!! I'm 31, no kids except for my 2 dogs and my turtle. I live with my partner of 9 years and we are both trying to get healthy and lose over 100lbs each. We did it once before doing the same thing we are doing now, attending a Weight Loss Specialtist (MD) once a week. We have gone through some things in the past 4 years that made us pack on the lbs again.. bought a new home, and completly remodeled it!! We are doing this for good this time!! We have been on this journey for about 6 weeks now and we are on track to be better, healthier SEXIER women!!!

beginme
02-21-2006, 04:27 PM
Hi everyone! I have had a crazy past week!! This weekend was a really bad food weekend, but I've been keeping up the exercise.

Skipping the scale this week!!

Not sure why, but I've really been struggling with the food again. Sigh.

Hope everyone else is doing well.

Keeksee
02-22-2006, 12:04 AM
Begin --- I can totally relate about the food struggle!!! :( I am finding it harder to get back on track this time ... It also doesn't help that friends from work always want to eat out... Ugh! I'm really going to have to learn to say NO! Wish me luck ladies! I really HAVE to get back on track!!! :mad:

On a lighter note... I got the "Biggest Loser" DVD and tried it earlier! WOW! That was good! :) :dizzy: :)

:carrot: :ink: Together, we can do it! :ink: :cb:

dalai_lala
02-22-2006, 05:14 PM
Hi all... I'm 35, married, no human kids, four cats, six fish, kinda crazy, emotional eater, depressive... nerd by birth, geek by marriage. It wasn't really a New Year's resolution to lose weight, but, my life completely changed in December so I decided that while I was changing I might as well change the weight as well. I had decided last year to go back to college and finish my Bachelor's degree, classes began in January, but I had to quit my (STRESSSSSSFULLLLLLL) 9 to 5 job to do it. So, I kissed my job goodbye in December, started school in January, and decided that I would lose a pound a week for the remaining weeks of the year (49, call it 50). I've got at least 100 pounds to lose, more like 125-ish, but 50 pounds is a place to start.

So, I'm already two pounds behind, but, that's okay, I'll still keep at it. I'm sure I'll catch them up somewhere along the line!

Best of luck to everyone and Happy Wednesday!

-Lala

coley144
02-23-2006, 12:23 PM
Hello!

NY Rabbit - Hope the weigh in went ok.

Princess - exercising when you are away? I'm impressed!

ves - loved your last sentence 'off to drink some more' :dizzy:

chubs107 - welcome welcome! Where you from? What's your weight loss specialist like?

beginme - exercise is good. One out of 2 aint bad!

Keeksee - Good luck! You can do it!

dalai-lala - Love your name. You can stay! ;) Where you from? I have more than 100 pounds to lose too..we can do it!

Have been pretty good this week. Gym 3 times. Diet within reasonable limits. Scales havent moved but is my normal pre-TOM stall. Am due on tomorrow so hopefully the scale will budge. Anyhoo, see you ladies later!

princess_atti2ed
02-23-2006, 12:51 PM
Ok Im still trying really hard this week... Ok, could be trying harder Im sure but hard for me anyway!

My diet has been within limits, and after exercising twice on vacation I did do my biggest loser dvd yesterday! Soooo sore today, apperently I worked my butt and legs really well this time! :p Did that and went to PT yesterday so I got a good workout... even with a sore back! (Hate hotel beds!)

So as of this am the scale shows Im back down to where I was last friday so two more days til my saturday weigh in... PUSH!!!!!

Let's go ladies... We can do it!!! :carrot:

chubs107
02-23-2006, 03:00 PM
Coley - H!! I'm from Miami Florida and I have been living in a suburb of Ft Lauderdale for the past 10 years. Haven't really moved much!!! LOL

My Weight Loss Specialist is great!! She is a Doctor, Family Medicine that has specialized in Weight loss for about 20 years. She has been very successful in the Miami area. We go to her once a week and we are weighed and they take our blood pressure and pulse. Then based on your weight loss or gain or no change she asks some questions to see what is or isn't working and then make any changes as needed. One your first visit you are given a book of what you can eat and how much. She goes over everything with you. Weekly we are given an shot of B12 and amino acids and given some fat burner pills.. just enough for that week. It's really cool and it has been working for me. Once you reach your goal weight, you are put on maintenance for a year to make sure you don't put it back on.

Julie (partner) and I have been going together and it has help a great deal. We have a little competition going.. it motives us!!

Keeksee
02-23-2006, 11:12 PM
Ugh! It's my 3rd day of doing the "Biggest Loser" DVD and I am sore all over! :dizzy: Even my back flabs are hurting and I've NEVER felt them hurt before! :lol: I guess I shouldn't complain... It's good pain... Gotta tell myself --- it's all good, all good, all good! :dizzy:

Still struggling with food but hopefully burning off some of it... just keeeeep try---ing :jig:

Hope everyone's having a good week... Hope your day goes well tomorrow Coley! ;)

Welcome Chubs!

dalai_lala
02-24-2006, 09:16 AM
Good morning all and Happy Friday! Though, I do dread weekends as I get completely off track/off schedule on nearly every one and either don't exercise or eat way too much or both. Meh, well, this is a brand new weekend and all I can do is do my best. This weekend I will do just fine, right? :D

Thanks for the welcome Coley! I am from the 'burbs of Orlando, Florida, by the way, though I grew up in a much smaller, hick town a couple of hours away from here.

-Lala

dalai_lala
02-24-2006, 10:41 AM
Okay, sorry for two posts in a row but I have just gone through all of the previous messages and wanted to chime in on a few things... :wave:

First, a new board every month seems like a good idea to me as well.

Second, on giving up soda/pop... We have switched to diet sodas and tea made with Splenda. It was hard to get used to at first (I am a huge Dr Pepper fan) but now I can't drink regular soda at all, it's so sweet that it's sickening. I do really miss Dr Pepper though - the diet DrP is drinkable, but it just ain't the same. Now we are moving toward caffeine free as well, though I still refuse to give up my coffee (3 cup a day habit). The "sweet tea" (if you've ever watched Gone With the Wind, say it with proper Southern flair, please! ;) ) is now decaf as well, which just leaves me with coffee and the occasional soda had while dining out.

Which makes me think, it's really getting to be about time that we had more sugar-free drink options while dining/drinking out. There are so many people who use this site, I'm wondering if we can encourage everyone to ask about adding more sugar-free varieties to the menu everytime we go out. Whether it's soda/pop, coffee houses, or even adult drinks (which we all like so much)! Hmmmmm..... well, I will start doing that myself, anyway. Can't hurt, might help.

And finally, chiming in on the stuff I'm doing to lose... I am working (daily) on portion control and cutting out snacks (like Little Debbie cakes-- I tend to want something sweet every day, and I get quite sick of sugar free popsicles.) I am watching sugar, fats, and trying to eat better choice carbs (pre-diabetic, metabolic syndrome). This week I have resolved to stop eating fried anything, and so far failing miserably (sigh). I'm not doing points or counting calories or carbs or fat grams - being forced to count anything makes me angry and depressed and I always rebel by stuffing myself stupid. I am keeping a food diary for the first time, and have found that it helps immensely. I am also keeping track of my weight and bloodsugar measurements and my exercise there, for extra encouragement. For exercise I do the elliptical on MWF and weights on T and Th. Supposedly I do weights on Saturday as well, but that hasn't actually happened yet. :o I also do a stretch routine every morning and again every evening before exercise.

Speaking of which, this is getting way too long and it's time to go do my AM stretches! Happy Weekend everyone!

-Lala

coley144
03-02-2006, 09:34 AM
Hello Ladies!
Sorry I've been awol for a while. I've been sick..literally! Without going into details the result is that I've lost 5 pounds and am dehydrated! I'm not going to count the loss as its probably all gonna come back.

Just as I got better my fella went in for an operation and is now in bed with a dvd on feeling very sorry for himself and I dont blame him. Try really hard not to get a hernia is my advice!

Anyway only a quickie but wanted to drop in, say hi and that I hope everyone else is cool.

Claire x

NYRabbit
03-02-2006, 11:33 AM
Hi all

Sorry, I've been MIA again. Life has NOT been a picnic these last 3 weeks or so. First my hurt back. Then hubby was in the hospital, twice in two weeks. As a result, mom-in-law flew out from out west and hung around for a few days unexpectedly which resulted in a lot of take out and no gym. While I was at the hospital with him, I picked up some mutant flu strain from some weird person in the emergency room (New York City emergency rooms are nasty, there's just no way around it), and I got sicker than I have been in years and years. I have been eating like crap and haven't been to the gym since February 7th! Now hubby's grandfather died yesterday, so we have to make an unscheduled trip to MA for the funeral and a weekend of good ol Irish wake feasting (or so I hear). Argh. I have my WW meeting today and weigh in (YIKES!) and I am DREADING what the number's going to be.

Sorry for the big paragraph of gripes!!

Anyhoo - welcome chubs and lala. I'm not usually so yappy!

Hope everyone is feeling good and doing better than I am. Oh well - Monday is a new day and a new week and hopefully all of this b.s. will be behind me!

Ciao for now!

princess_atti2ed
03-02-2006, 11:51 AM
Hey everyone! Also checking in... Im kind of at a stand still, having a horrible food week... Aunt Flo is here and for the last 4 days or so I have been craving crappy food! Im at that point that Im getting soooo tired of being a good girl but Im trying so hard to overcome that... I know if I can get over the hump I will get back on track, but for not its not going so well!! Waiting for my Dr. appt. next wed. to talk about myhypothyroidism, as I think Im being under medicated.... So hopefully I'll get a boost back after that!

Anyone else been in a funk lately??

Oh P.S. Are we going to get a new thread now that its March??

Heather

princess_atti2ed
03-06-2006, 01:03 PM
Did everyone leave again? Come on ladies where is everyone? How can we give and get support if no one is out there?

Well my weigh in went better than expected, after being 198 most of the week which is up 2lbs from last sat. my weigh in this sat. was 195, which means I lost 1lb! OMG what a struggle it has been the last few weeks, especially this past week!

Well hope everyone had a wonderful weekend, and is ready for a very successful weekt his week!!

Let's Go Ladies!! :carrot:

Heather

coley144
03-06-2006, 03:06 PM
Hello! I'm here. Been busy nursing my fella through his op. It is getting very quiet round here. Its difficult because none of us started the thread. Was Velveteen. Anyone seen her? I don't really want to muscle in on her thing.

dalai_lala
03-07-2006, 07:52 PM
Coley... looks like no posts from Velveteen anywhere since Feb 2nd. I hope everything is okay.

As you're the second-longest-around member of the gang I think it would be okay if you picked up the thread for a new month...

-Lala

ves
03-07-2006, 08:32 PM
i kinda fogot about this thread till tonight ooops
i have been doing my hr everyday on the good ole :ebike:
we have been kinda lazy feeling but pushing myself to do the hr. I have three birthday parties this week so not the healthiest eating cakes isnt so much a good thing. But maybe my metabolism is getting a bit better. 2 birthday down and one more to go tomarrow.
been trying to organize most of my wedding plans but other than that jst sleeping
ohhhhhhhh got a new camera today, i just loooooooove it
since i started in january i am down 16lbs so i am off to a good start:belly: FH is noticing i am getting smaller oh ya ya but i am not supressing my cravings just being reasonable about it.
:dance: :dance: :dance:

i am sprinkling some :dust: good luck to all you that are trying to loose

coley144
03-08-2006, 05:03 AM
Have started a new March thread.

C x

evierama
06-19-2006, 12:10 AM
Hi ladies, I'd like to join. It gets a bit lonely on here.
Im 34,not married and no babies yet. I want to drop the lbs first.