100 lb. Club - Famous People

View Full Version : Famous People

Heva2015
01-25-2006, 06:46 PM
Hi
I was watching Newlyweds last night, Jessica Simpson was filming Dukes of Hazzard and I got to thinking about which famous person's figure I would like most. I have always been overweight and thought it might help me to focus by looking at some skinny celebs!!! I was just wondering who would be your celebrity figure of choice?
Mine are:
Jessica Simpson
Paris Hilton (with a bigger chest!!!:p )
Any of the Pussycat Dolls
Pink
Angelina Jolie (before pregancy obv!!!)
Jordan (UK topless model)

I think that is me for now...:workout:

Nori71
01-25-2006, 07:19 PM
... and thought it might help me to focus by looking at some skinny celebs!!! Just what I try not to do!!!:p Celebrities don't inspire me for the most part! I do like JLo's body though. Guess I'm not into "skinny".

Heva2015
01-25-2006, 07:56 PM
I guess we all have our own inspirations!!! I focus a lot on celebrities because I study performance and want to be where they are and I know it will be a lot easier if I have the conventionally beautiful figure.

f(x)
01-25-2006, 07:58 PM
I agree with the fact that celebrities do not inspire me. In fact I like watching Celebrity Fit Club because I can see all the "beautiful people" who have gained weight and are in the same place I am. It's good to know they that fat is an equal opportunity employer. We are all individuals like snowflakes so it seems like a exercise in pain to want to be someone else. We really have no idea what these people really look like anyway given airbrushing and other digital manipulations. The whole thing is an illusion but we buy into it and then beat ourselves up for not looking like something that never exited in the first place. I think there is something very weird about women who starve themselves down to 10% body fat and then when they have no breasts go and get some artificial one installed. That seems very neurotic to me not to mention shallow

Heva2015
01-25-2006, 08:14 PM
Hi
Yeah, totally, I have very many other reasons for wanting to lose weight, not least of all to help prevent my cancer coming back and to help the osteoporosis I have following the cancer treatment (I'm 24). I will never diet to a ridiculously low level because life is a precious gift, I just started this thread because I know that their must be people out there inspired by celebrities which is why so many of us buy their exercise videos and the weight loss products they endorse especially here in the UK.

sabriena
01-25-2006, 08:54 PM
A celebrity that is inspiring to me is Kristie Alley. She's gorgeous and she's not "oh my god" skinny :D

Yohoney
01-25-2006, 09:08 PM
Just what I try not to do!!!:p Celebrities don't inspire me for the most part! I do like JLo's body though. Guess I'm not into "skinny".
Yep, JLo would be my pick too.

mthrgoos68
01-25-2006, 09:55 PM
Yup, I would vote for Kirstie Alley too. She's really inspiring, and so is Oprah. They look great!

f(x)
01-25-2006, 10:40 PM
Oprah is a good example of a real person who has struggled. Kristie Alley leaves me cold. She is selling a product and I think she is losing weight for what I consider financial reasons and so she can fit into the the strange standard of beauty her profession seems to demand. I doubt her sincerity in wanting to help people. Oprah I can relate to more because she has talk about all her emotional issues with food. Also she has not starved herself sick thin but has found a comfortable healthy weight and a good workout plan she can keep up for life. The same can not be said about Kristy. Kristy's last commercial about it "raining men" points to a very superficial take on the whole issue. It is almost as if she is saying "I was a loathsome human being before but now I have made the grade and am therefor worthy of love" When you think about it that is a very unhealthy message which sadly too many of us buy into. How many women tell themselves their live will be perfect when I lose weight? It is a total myth but one that sells a lot of products. I see her as part of the problem not part of the solution.

goalnorolls
01-25-2006, 10:47 PM
I like oprah too. There is one pic of her in a pink dress that I just love. Plus I know she is not a size 4!

futuresurferchick
01-25-2006, 11:21 PM
I realize this is a fictional character, but Xena inspires me. :^: Remember her? I know, I'm weird.

sjdphc
01-25-2006, 11:31 PM
Beyonce! I want to be "bootylicious" too! Oprah is also a big inspiration.

NotTheCheat
01-25-2006, 11:54 PM
I'm a Xena fan too. She could really kick some (bad guys :devil: ). I think Lucy Lawless is very cool - can't wait to see more of her on Battlestar Gallactica.

I'll also put in a vote for Missy Elliott. She has lost a good bit of weight for health reasons and is looking great.

Kamily828
01-26-2006, 12:28 AM
Im gonna also say JLo.

NemesisClaws
01-26-2006, 01:16 AM
Hmm...I'm gonna say Reba McEntire...I love her hairstyle, and her figure. Plus the woman can sing! :)

stacylambert
01-26-2006, 01:17 AM
Oh Heva I LOVE doing that. I actually save pictures from the internet and cut them out of magazines. I'm not into the real skinny ones like Paris Hilton who you mentioned would never by on my list. Jessica Simpson is a good one. I like Trish Stratus from WWE. Beyonce and JLo are good ones. Others I would say are Katherine Heigl (GORGEOUS), Tyra Banks, and Charisma Carpenter. There are a lot of fitness models that I really like too because they aren't super skinny and they have muscles! Yea!

Yogini
01-26-2006, 01:47 AM
I'm not inspired to lose weight by celebs but I LOVE Kate Winslet's and Oprah's attitudes, shapes and fit looks!

SwimGirl
01-26-2006, 02:40 AM
Give me Mariah Carey any day! I remember looking up to her when I was 13 years old, she had the same kind of hair as I did. I think she's hot, a little crazy, but crazy people are fun :)

I dig Mia Tyler as well.. until she talks! She used to be the spokesperson for the last company I worked for, and she was fired for her attitude.

-Aimee

Yogini
01-26-2006, 03:57 AM
Give me Mariah Carey any day! With or without the plastic surgery :o

zoritsa
01-26-2006, 09:59 AM
Hmm...as far as celebs who inspire me to lose weight.Missy Elliot has slimmed down and looks really good.Queen Latifah is a beautiful full figured woman...and she is so comfortable with her body(she was on the package of my bra that I recently bought).As for a body that I'd love to have,Gwen Stafani when she was in No Doubt years ago.She looked healthy,though I'm looking for the healthy me...which will not be her figure.

DishyFishy
01-26-2006, 12:01 PM
I can't think of any celebrity who has the figure I'd like. I'm also rather shocked because thinking about this has brought home to me that I already love the shape (just not the size!) of my own body. :o Wow! What a realisation! Thanks for starting the thread, Heva2015. :)

I must be getting old though. I haven't heard of half the "celebrities" mentioned above! :rofl:

Jen415
01-26-2006, 01:36 PM
Me too Ali....I've got curves in all the right places, just a little bigger than what I want!

howie6267
01-26-2006, 02:02 PM
I can't say any of them inspire me. However if I had to choose one to look like it would definitely be George Clooney. I'm happy with my face but would like a body like that. I'm not into muscle bound looks.

jillybean720
01-26-2006, 02:27 PM
I guess it's different if, as you say, you're trying to get into the entertainment industry, but I prefer not to look up to unrealistic women's figures. The one on the original list that really got me was Paris Hilton--man, I think a strong wind could snap her arm in half :dizzy: Jessica Simpson is a beautiful woman, but I know I will never have D-cup breasts, so no point in depressing myself even further :p

I think Kirstie Alley (or however it's spelled) is doing a great job. Honestly, if I wanted to lose weight and could make some money off of doing so, I would probably do it, too! Also, in the "Raining Men" commercial, she looks to me like she still has some weight to lose. She's not nearly as thin as she used to be, and certainly isn't "Hollywood" thin. I don't think she's any worse that Subway's Jared--he lost a lot of weight and made some money off the deal, but I don't think anyone ever got mad at him for doing so. In our society, it's widely accepted that thinness=attractiveness, so I don't have a problem with her commercials.

Queen Latifah DEFINITELY looks good. So what if she may have a few extra pounds--she's talented, has a great figure/shape, and is a strong and confident woman. Now THAT'S inspiration :)

f(x)
01-26-2006, 05:06 PM
I can't think of any celebrity who has the figure I'd like. I'm also rather shocked because thinking about this has brought home to me that I already love the shape (just not the size!) of my own body. Wow! What a realisation!

Good for you!!!. We should rejoice in the beauty of our own bodies. It's good to see the media brain washing has not affected everyone. Maybe there is hope for us yet.

Jenniffer
01-26-2006, 06:28 PM
Oooh. Good thread!

J.Lo-ABSOLUTLY
Sandra Bullock-Miss Congeniality blue dress
Charlize Theron

It's not that "they" inspire me or do I inspire to "be them". But those are a few ppl I wouldn't mind if our bodies resembled each other. Hehee

Charles78
01-26-2006, 06:36 PM
Funny you should ask about this... I think many times we develop unrealistic expectations about famous people and looking like them. They are for the most part airbrushed to perfection. Now, I suffer from a problem with body image. Even though I know I have lost a lot of weight and I can see it in photographs, I have a hard time seeing it in the mirror. I have found famous people that are the same height and approximate body build that are at or near the my goal weight. For example, Harrison Ford is only about 10 years older than I am, is about my height (he is 6'
1 and I am 6' 2" and weights 215.) When I hit my goal weight of 225, I will still not look as good as Harrison Ford :) LOL but it gives me some idea of body image.

http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/54/039_20549~Harrison-Ford-Posters.jpg

Just call me Indy hahahaha :)

NemesisClaws
01-26-2006, 11:08 PM
Jillybean, you are so right about Kristie Alley and Subway Jared! I understand both point of views on this, but I have to admit, if they were paying me to take it off, I would be jumping all over it! (Weight that is, not clothes!):dizzy: But then again, it also depends on what and who you're promoting. Like Anna Nicole Simpson for instance with her Trimspa pills. Not only are they expensive out the wahoo, but in my personal experience, they didn't even work. If I was going to endorse something, I would like to think that I had checked it out beforehand. Gotta have some morals somewhere....:p

SwimGirl
01-27-2006, 02:25 AM
I don't strive to look like any one star... I definitely strive to look like myself (besides, I am totally as hot as Mariah or JLo), sometimes when I work out and need that little thing to push me up a notch... I actually look at older pics of myself, when I was thinner of course.

Don't get me wrong... I'd definitely switch if it didn't cost me anything, or hurt... so surgery is OUT! heh

-Aimee