Does it Work? - Saki

View Full Version : Saki

Heva2015
01-25-2006, 05:12 PM
Hi
Can anyone help me out here? Has anyone heard of saki helping weight loss? I was at the store today and the cashier told me she lost over 8 stone drinking two glasses of saki a week. I'm not adverse to trying this, even if it doesn't work!!!

Thanks
Heather xxx

funniegrrl
01-25-2006, 05:23 PM
You mean, rice wine? You're kidding, right?

Mel
01-25-2006, 05:37 PM
I think it probably works if the only food you ever eat with this "diet" is sashimi and miso soup.

Mel

Heva2015
01-25-2006, 05:40 PM
Hi
I was a little confused myself, my sister thinks she means you should replace your usual drink with sake, less calories but the way she said it was like it was like medicine or something...'take a cup of sake twice a week...it tastes nasty at first but you get used to it...' she was Oriental too, just wondered if it was like Green Tea and might help the metabolism or something....

AquaWarlock
01-25-2006, 06:29 PM
I drink green tea almost religiously (I like the taste--and its a lot healthier than drinking pops) -- but sake I only take in cocktail form... I highly doubt that's gonna help weight loss.

But I've never heard of sake for weight-loss or conventional health benefits (I do believe it is used in Eastern medicine, though unlikely for weight loss)

Heva2015
01-25-2006, 06:52 PM
I live on green tea too, again because I like it not because of any help to my health, I also find it makes an excellent base for soups and stews!

penpal
01-26-2006, 07:11 PM
Hi
she lost over 8 stone drinking two glasses of saki a week

Maybe you could use it as a meal replacement :hat:. Talk about "liquid lunch"! :dizzy: