Support Groups - Body For Life For Women Clublette (BFLFWC)

Amarantha2
01-25-2006, 11:25 AM
Yo! :) This is a trial revival of a thread first posted by Eydie! :carrot:

All about ME!!! :carrot: Noticing that I've been very interested this week in my rereading of Body For Life For Women by Pamela Peeke, M.D., and that my WOE closely tracks with what is in the book AND that my workouts this week have closely tracked with the 12-week sample rotation printed in the book, except for the days of week performed, I am declaring that I am on Week 1 of my BFL (for Women) "transformation," although in my case, I am really just using this as a plan to rev up my dedication to exercise, which is flagging. I love the rotation in the book and the idea of sticking exactly to it for 12 weeks, but it's just a sample and most any ol' workout will do the job!

I will continue to eat a low glycemic diet and remain refined sugar free, but BFLFW does not require that ... basically the book just outlines a healthy diet.

All about YOU!!! :carrot: We of the BFL For Women Clublette (so far that's just Amarantha) are issuin' an open invitation to anyone who is doing or contemplating doing BFL for Women (or just BFL) ... or any part of it, modified or not modified, as we love those modifications ... to post their workouts and thoughts here as daily as humanly possible.

This is just sort o' a trial thread and we, the BFLFWC members reserve the right to jettison our participation if there be no interest in this thread 'cause why take up bandwith. I'll be happy to delete this thread if no one bites! :dizzy:

I did lower body weights (25) and abs/core (20) at gym today. I will continue to split my workouts between home and gym; on week two I will move the rotation to follow the book exactly, leaving Sunday as the free day, so it's a little skewed, but not much.

Anyone? :carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

deleted2
01-26-2006, 07:54 AM
I'm in! I'll start officially Monday and will use the next few days to work myself up into a frenzy about it. That's exactly what I need, a good frenzy!:carrot:

Amarantha2
01-26-2006, 09:55 AM
I'm SO happy to see thee in the "clublette house," E, as I am havin' so much fun with this challenge but need partners in the frenzy!!!! :carrot:

I decided to do the rotation "pivot" today that I was going to do next week to get me on the EXACT day of the week per the sample in BFLFW, which I wish to follow TO THE LETTER as to upper/lower/cardio/abs. I am using the method in the book for reps and sets, varying exercises per body part as she recommends and ADDING THAT VITAMIN I ... intensity ... so I did lower body/abs again, a lighter workout than yesterday as I do realize that I am transgressing the principles by doing weights for a bodypart two days in a row, but there it is. Tomorrow then will put me on an official cardio day.

I could have waited a week to do this when instead of doing the "pivot" but just wanted to forge ahead.

I do realize that per the book, there's no need to follow this exact rotation. I just want to for fun and for the sake of having a coherent plan as my exercise has been lackluster and my mind 'n bod need ... yep to get into a fit frenzy and do something new ... my exercise is usually all over the place and that gets as hold as always being strict.

One of the things I like about this book is that she is open to modification and gives "alternative" methods for just about everything. The original BFL did not do so. She stresses tailoring the plan to YOUR needs.

I am on the first 12-week "Weight Removal" segment. My focus is on the training method. I am doing the drop sets recommended and really like those ... I want to get away from the idea I always have that I have to do a full body workout to get results ... so anyway having fun.

My eating remains on track. I am logging my menus in my Fitday PC and still off the refined sugar, also filling out xeroxed BFLFW sheets every few days.

Let's go!

Amarantha2
01-26-2006, 10:01 AM
BFLFW Quote o' the Day, Principle No. 9: "Develop your mission statement ..." ~ Pam Peeke, M.D., Body for Life For Women

I am focusing on this principle this week. I will post my mission statement when I get it worked out! :carrot:

Amarantha2
01-26-2006, 06:33 PM
Well, I discovered from this exercise (Mission Statement) that I don't have a mission statement! :carrot: But I like what the book says about having one as a tool for saying "no" to demands that people make that don't further one's mission statement ... "I'm sorry. I can't [insert request here]. It doesn't work for me right now. Maybe next time." (BFLFW, p. 84) ... so, I am making up a temporary mission statement for this 12-week transformation segment and reserving the right to change it: "I, [insert nickname I'm using at the moment, since they change daily], aspire to use the next 12 weeks to improve my exercise adherence and exercise time management skills, as well as reaching a new level of fitness and expertise in excercise performance (I'm already pretty expert in it, but ...) for the purpose of improving my chances of living a long and fantastically fit life in the best body possible by dint of performing the BFLFW sample rotation printed on page 156-157 of BFLFW as exactly as possible, with the exception of changes made to the first week as previously mentioned, and with the understanding that the specific exercises in the book for each bodypart are not the only ones I will use to achieve success in this rotation. I also aspire to make improvements to my healthy diet followign as closely as possible but with some modifications the "Mouth" part of BFLFW.

One thing that resonates with me about this book is that it lists some "ideal" weight levels for women and I just happened to notice that it says 125 for a 5'5" woman (while explaining that this is not the end-all and be-all of the thing ... there are other factors to consider). This conforms to my previously stated goal of 125, which is what my doctor has also given the go-ahead to.

Tomorrow: cardio day!

deleted2
01-26-2006, 08:21 PM
For the frst time in many months I did a "Firm" video, just to get me in the notion of intense, sweaty exercise again. I've been letting myself off the hook for too long!

Amarantha2
01-26-2006, 09:51 PM
Huzzah, E! Great work. :cheer: This is it for me, too! I'm really enthused about this round of BFL (FW) and about adding Vitamin I!!!

Take no prisoners!

Amarantha2
01-27-2006, 10:08 AM
Cardio Day: 30 minutes Leslie Sansone's Walk Away the Pounds High Calorie Burn! When I do Leslie to a time frame, I just rerun the first portion of the tape to get the required time. BFLFW principle applied: Vitamin I ... I tend to add intensity to Leslie by double timing, etc., etc. ... it is too cold here to go to gym right now, so the tape fits the bill.

Another BFLFW principle I'm using is the Estrogen Squad thing ... looking for support from like minded females ... hence this thread! Huzzah!

Amarantha2
01-28-2006, 08:31 AM
Upper body day: 30 minutes working on upper body in method described in book (e.g., three sets of each exercise, increase weights each set & decrease reps, two exercises per body part, rest between reps and sets).

This is different than my usual methodology of just doing TB three times a week.

I am using the calorie counting alternative in the book re food, recording in Fitday PC, cals have been higher than anticipated, but quality of items eaten is on track.

Day 28, no refined sugar.

Amarantha2
01-28-2006, 02:59 PM
Hey, Lean Mean Amazon Queen E! :queen: I am keepin' the faith and left you a response in the jungle far far away ... we await your return here on the island :listen: . Your Vitamin I supply has been ordered from the village pharmacy. Huzzah! :wl: :ebike: :dancer: :tread: :welcome3:

Amarantha2
01-28-2006, 07:12 PM
Cals high today as this new program is really digging in and building muscle. My weigh-in is tomorrow and I doubt if I've lost any weight, maybe gained, but it will be muscle and will not discourage me as the transformation frenzy is on me. I have a feeling this will not be my last round of BFLFW and hope a wanderin' BFLFWer floats in on the banana boat soon ... just a plea for the Estrogen Squad principle. I had some really good eats today, but will not be postin' menus, which is not to say that it wouldn't be great for the clublette members to do so. I am continuing to eat mostly in the BFLFW "Mind" method and from the list in the book, but again am making modifications.

I notice in the book that Peeke often reiterates the need to make the plan one's own, a component that seemed to be lacking in the original BFL, which I've also done. I am interpreting this to mean modifications are good and that's good 'cause I like modifyin' stuff.

Although I am continuing to weigh in on Sundays ('cause it's the best day of the week for me to do so), my actual transformation week 2 starts Monday.

The rotation I am doing is resulting in much more work for each bodypart, although actually, I seem to be spending less time exercising. I am having fun. It's great to have a plan.

deleted2
01-29-2006, 10:29 AM
Hi Amarantha! Tomorrow is Day One for me and I'm still working up a frenzy about it.:carrot: Yesterday I did upper body stuff and today I'm going to do lower body, just to reaquaint myself with the exercises. Also, I'll be doing yoga and Pilates today.
And I have lots of good food on hand to get me thru the week too, and I'll be posting my menus for accountability.

I'll be studying the sacred text of BFLFW today too!:) I really should do that mission statement......

Amarantha2
01-29-2006, 11:26 AM
:welcome: Huzzah, Fellow Travelor in the Sacred Text o' BFLFW E hath arrived at Transformation City!!! Hurrah! Thou be stalwart to embark on this journey, Ms. E, and not a moment too soon as I was about to throw a hizzy fit due to havin' GAINED two pounds this week.

Now this is not necessarily a bad thing, as I have been hitting the weights very hard, due to the rotation I am doing and the application o' Vitamin I! I can tell that I have gained strength (I didn't measure this week as I'm waiting a month) ... I gain muscle very easily, BTW ... plus I do know my cals have been too high for a loss, SO ... I am going to soldier on with this and see if the increased energy burn from the extra few ounces or pound or so of muscle will help the trend reverse by next week. In other words, I AM NOT GIVING UP and will be heading into week 2 come Monday ... well, actually, THIS IS WEEK TWO, as far as I'm concerned ... I really do need to count from Sunday as my brain gets screwed up when I consider Monday the first day o' the week ... anyhow ... it's my free day for exercise, but I did a session o' dynamic stretch anyhow ... we soldier on. In return of thy postin' menus, I will pledge to post some occasional BFLFW friendly recipes here as I come up with 'em.

I will do much better with cals this week. Huzzah!

Let's go!

SherryA
01-29-2006, 12:20 PM
Ok girls, I did Body for Life a couple of years ago... What is the difference between it and the additional "for Women?"

Amarantha2
01-29-2006, 01:03 PM
:welcome: Sherry! BFLFW is quite a bit different actually, you'd almost have to read the book to get a total picture. It's written by a female physician to address specifically female body issues by methods involving Mind, Mouth, Muscle (MMM). The basic food plan is similiar. The exercise recommendations focus more evenly on weights and cardio (e.g., there's no 20-minute cardio limit) and urge women to exercise more intensely (Vitamin I). A "free" exercise day is recommended, but not a free eating day ... just the recommendation to have something off plan as a treat when it is needed.

Dunno, maybe E can further elucidate. :)

Amarantha2
01-30-2006, 10:24 AM
Huzzah, Comrades in the Fantastic Arms we are buildin' in this transformation challenge! :wave:

Reportin' that I've done lower body/abs! Cals yesterday were 1782 (using BFLFW alternative calorie counting method, so decided to report on that).

Counting my transformation weeks weird from Sunday to Sunday doesn't track with me doing the Monday-Sunday rotation (ok, I DO need a life, but bear with me), so I'm just saying THIS is the start of Week II, Day 8 of my 12-week transformation. I will continue to do weigh-ins on the LAST day of each program week. Huzzah!

TODAY'S THE DAY! :wave:

Amarantha2
01-31-2006, 06:48 AM
No Refined Sugar Day 31, BFLFW Day 9!

Cardio Day: 30 minutes Leslie, a little less Vitamin I today as this daily exercise has started to really rev up my metabolism and I decided to cool it a bit. I was going to go to gym and do a spinning class but decided it's too dark and cold out there at the moment. Cals were in the 2000s (again) but I will work them down over the course of the week.

Huzzah, E! :wave:

As I have been doing every day, I was reading BFLFW, my inspiration for this quest. I was rereading the principle (I forget which one) about taking time to meditate or do mind-body work. I think maybe the dynamic stretch class at gym would fall under this category and may start doing it again ... not today.

deleted2
01-31-2006, 07:04 AM
coffee w/ 1/2 and 1/2
whole grain biscuit w/ egg sub., ff cheese, 2 veg. 'bacon'

barbecue soy 'ribs'
whipped cauliflower
2 clementines

1 cup rice milk w/ chco. whey protein

ww macaroni and cheese [homemade]
steamed brocolli
strawberries w/ fruit-sweet. fudge sauce

water: 6 glasses
fruit/vegs: 8 servings
vitamins: yes
calories: 1615

exercise: 1 hour treadmill [alternating 5 and 10% inclines every 5 minutes]

STARTING WEIGHT: 146.4

Amarantha2
01-31-2006, 10:28 AM
Yo, great first day, :queen: E!!! Thou inspireth me! Huzzah!

deleted2
01-31-2006, 06:03 PM
Thanks Amarantha!:hug:

Had a going-away lunch for a co-worker today at the local Mexican restaurant--I had huevos rancheros. I know I could've done worse but still I have to make some very low-fat choices the rest of the day. And I haven't had ANY fresh fruit or vegetables today. Water and exercise is on track though!

Amarantha2
01-31-2006, 08:50 PM
Yo, E, we are twins! I had Triscuits (it's a low glycemic 100 percent whole wheat cracker ... I count as a bread serving, I KNOW it's not on the BFLFW food list, per se, but again, I am modifying that somewhat) with FULL FAT cheese and picante sauce (no sugar) for lunch during production day, as there was NO (I kid you not) grated low fat or fat free cheese in the grocery store in the little town where I work and I really needed something tasty. For a serving of this, I top six Triscuits (original only,the others have maltodextrin in 'em) with 1/4 cup USUALLY low fat or ff cheese and the picante and microwave. Kills fast food cravings and is fairly healthy. I had a small salad on the side. For a snack two hours later, I had lowfat milk.

This is a feature of BFLFW that I like as opposed to the original BFL or the Eating for Life book that followed (which is also different than the original) ... in the original book, dairy is considered a carb (at least yogurt is ... I'm not even sure they allow milk, but I could be wrong about that) ... I concur with Peeke's list that considers it a protein ... I have to have milk ... it is food number one with me, so having some as a snack covers both carb and protein for me, as it has a good ratio of each.

The daily workouts and better eating are really having an effect on me, as I posted this morning. I am metabolizing differently ... not so much appetite today, ending eating day at 1651. Had some of the chicken and a few Brussels sprouts for breakfast actually. Only fruit was grapes, had a serving twice, had half an apple also.

I plan to do upper body day at the gym tomorrow, but may modify that. There's nothing to keep me from lifting at home, but there's more variety at the gym and I can do a heavier day ... also I like to use cables for triceps.

I am really feeling dedicated to this BFL "round" ... even if I deviate slightly from the food plan, I am so essentially on track it's great.

Water was good today, will have another glass before going to sleep.

AVANTI! Let's go!

Amarantha2
02-01-2006, 09:42 AM
Comes the dawn: Jana the BFLFW Jungle Lass ariseth and goeth to gym. This be No Refined Sugar Day 32, BFLFW Rotation Day 10, Week II, Upper Body Day. Did excellent workout: 60 minutes weights (I do more exercises than specified in BFLFW, but use the book's method ... 3 descending sets, at least two exercises per body part (what a horrible term) ... the "at least" is my modification, I sometimes add more and I also work a few specialty "parts" (like wrists) as time permits.

Did 5 minutes of walking on treadmill, 10 dynamic stretch.

Breakfast was Triscuits "nachos" with lowfat cheese, picante sauce. Again, Triscuits are a low glycemic, whole grain cracker and I count it as a "bread" serving.

Water good. I'll be back with total cals. Shopping today as working tonight.

Amarantha2
02-01-2006, 11:21 AM
Sorry to hog this thread, E (plus any kind lurkers or potential BFLFW Clublette members), but just thought I'd add my cross postin' far far away journal entry here as a followup on how I'm viewing this a.m.'s breakthrough:

Argh, this was supposed to be a gentle just-the-facts kind o' place for the noble A ..., aka Jana the Jungle Lass to briefly log her Body For Life For Women adventures in a secret book in the deep dark dilemmatic dietary jungle ... but LO ... it seems Pirate Paula the Palpatating Amazonian, a well-known seagoin' exercise pirate hath taken over the peaceful environs of Jana's Jungle Jym (which Jana started up as the Amazonians did not have a place to train for their Body For Life For Women transforation event) and forced everyone in the Jentle Jym to take extra Vitamin I today (if the gentle reader doth not know what that is, please read Body For Life For Women by Pamela Peeke, M.D., which is the current Bible being used in this establishment.

"NOW REPORT," shouted Paula to the frightened Jentle Jungle Lasses, in their cute little limegreen gymsuits! "How did ye do on your UPPER BODY day?" (Secretly, this evil pirate wench is scheming to build the Amazonians up into a race o' superfit pirates, kidnap them to work for her and buy a few more pirate ships, eventually, she will become queen o' the sea.

"We had a great workout, Pirate Paula," quavered the Jentle Jungle Lasses. "We did 60 minutes o' upper body work at the gym ... far exceeding that listed in the BFLFW bible. We walked five minutes on the treadmill, too, thus meeting BFLFW's request to add more cardio as we become more fit, EVEN THOUGH, it was not a cardio day. We also did 10 minutes o' dynamic stretch."

"Ok," said the Pirate. "Here's a 10.5 week supply o' Vitamin I that I scarfed fer ye somewheres up north. Ye better take a dosage every day and if I hear o' ye slacking off on that, I'll be back and raid yer larders or somethin' equally as dire. I will be checkin' on your progress and wanna see a report daily posted in the Jungle Village Square. Got it, ye landlubbers?"

"Got it, Paula," quavered the Jentle Jungle Lasses, lookin' longingly in the direction o' the breakfast buffet.

Film at 11!

deleted2
02-01-2006, 04:48 PM
Haw! Love it, Am! You DO paint a picture---and your scenarios are actually inspiring to me. I picture Paula as a fine stately lass, kinda like Gina Davis in that pirate movie whose name escapes me at the moment.
Keep 'em coming!

deleted2
02-01-2006, 04:55 PM
coffee w/ 1/2 and 1/2
ww homemade macaroni and cheese
[Wouldn't normally have this for breakfast but I was running late and it was 'there'! Good news is the cheese is mostly cottage cheese, so it was excellent protein.]

huevos rancheros
[had this at local Mex. restaurant--it was served with white rice, beans and white flour tortillas. At least I didn't eat the tortillas. Again, I was going for protein with the eggs.]

BIG salad [spinach, lots of vegs, 3 hard-boiled egg whites, Woodstock dressing]

Bean brownie!

Water: 7 glasses water
calories: ?
fruit/ vegs: 5 servings

exercise: 30 min. treadmill [alternating inclines again]
30 min. tae bo
30 min. upper body weights

I'll have to share the recipe for bean brownies at some point. Really good and sweetened w/ apple juice!

Amarantha2
02-01-2006, 05:22 PM
Yea, she be stately and "of a certain age" between lass 'n crone 'n that's all she'll say on that head! :)

I don't really post menus because mostly I just click on servings of food groups in Fitday PC, but have been doing well today, for me. Again, I don't eat strictly from the BFLFW list, which is just too restrictive for me, so I "broaden" it mentally. I would love to eat as healthily as thou, E!

Anyhow, I had some grapes (BFLFW says not to eat these, but they are Sugar Busters friendly so I do), peanut butter and milk (reduced fat, not ff) after gym.

Then I bought some 100 Percent Whey Protein by Optimum Nutrition (hope it's ok to mention the brand), which was mentioned by someone on a Sugar Buster forum ... I'm not really on Sugar Busters but blood sugar control is important to me ... it is sweetened with Ace-K, an "acceptible" artificial sweetener used by diabetics that I am putting on my rather short list (two) of those that I will use. I felt very decadent but after all Peeke recommends protein bars as meal substitutes so I decided I needed one of these a day ... taste like ice cream to me ... 1g sugars, which is the lactose in the whey, no sugar alcohols or that demon (IMO), Splenda. This helped me a lot.

Two hours later, I separated two packages of chicken breast into foil packs of 12 ounces each and froze, water fried one pack with mushrooms and Brussel sprouts and a little balsamic vinegar and olive oil spray. This was delicous and shared by Old Dog, who keeps butting my knee right now thinking there is more.

I will have more great mini meals later ... off to get ready for work, should be a short night, I hope.

I'll be back tomorrow ... we Jentle Jungle Lasses have heard tell that Pirate Paula the Personal Trainer wants us to rally at the gym early for cardio.

After that, we will get back to our cozy home workouts with Leslie, who is MUCH nicer than Paula.

Please do share the recipe for bean brownies ... I do need some sweet tastes now and then or I may cave on the NRS!

E, I although I am modifying the diet, I am growing in strength, nutritional control and exercise consistency every single day and starting to feel much more perked up!

This 12-weeks may just see me to at least my original goal of 135 pounds ... I will likely do another 12-weeks. Love the simplicity of following the book's rotation.

Amarantha2
02-01-2006, 05:23 PM
AND FORGOT TO SHOUT THAT THOU HADST A GREAT TUESDAY, E!!! March on! Paula will be pleased with thee, lass! Might be a pirate promotion in this! Avast!

deleted2
02-02-2006, 06:43 AM
Funny you're talking pirates....A few weeks ago I mentioned to Garry [don't know how this came up] that when I was about 12 I had a mad crush on Robert Shaw. Yes, that crusty old cob from "Jaws"! And that he was in a pirate movie called "Swashbuckler" and that's where I developed my young obsession. Well, last night he presented me with the video! He said he found it somewhere for cheap and couldn't resist, so that'll be fun to see it again. After seeing the picture of Mr. Shaw on the box I don't think that it'll inspire the same feelings that it did when I was a wee lass. I've moved on, I guess!

deleted2
02-02-2006, 06:55 AM
coffee w/ 1/2 and 1/2
1 cup rice milk w/ choc. whey protein
1 clementine

boca burger w/ 1 tbsp. tahini sauce
whipped cauliflower
2/3 cup peas and corn

granny smith apple w/ 1 tbsp. peanut butter, 1 tsp. maple syrup

tomato-veg. soup
ww tortilla w/ 1 slice cheddar, 2 tbsp. lite cream cheese, spinach, peppers

fruit-sweet. ww peanut butter cookie

water: 5 glasses [must do better!]
calories: 1445
fruit/vegs: 6 servings
vitamins: yes
exercise: 1 hour treadmill [alternating inclines again]

You know, I was surprised that Dr. Peeke recommended protein bars as heartily as she does in the book. I don't trust 'em; they just make me hungrier!
I've found that I love a nice tart apple with a smear of peanut butter. Great snack!

Amarantha2
02-02-2006, 10:28 AM
Funny you're talking pirates....A few weeks ago I mentioned to Garry [don't know how this came up] that when I was about 12 I had a mad crush on Robert Shaw. Yes, that crusty old cob from "Jaws"! And that he was in a pirate movie called "Swashbuckler" and that's where I developed my young obsession. Well, last night he presented me with the video! He said he found it somewhere for cheap and couldn't resist, so that'll be fun to see it again. After seeing the picture of Mr. Shaw on the box I don't think that it'll inspire the same feelings that it did when I was a wee lass. I've moved on, I guess!

Avast, mate!!! :carrot:

Amarantha2
02-02-2006, 10:45 AM
Yea, E, I was surprised about the bars she listed. My no refined sugar protein drink is useful and safe for my blood sugar, but most of the bars she listed have a lot of sugar in them. I feel they are not much better than a candy bar, with the exception of EAS bars (were those listed, I'm not sure right now, not where the book is). But even the EAS ones have a lot of ingredients that I don't eat. When I did the original BFL, I was buying those by the box and eating too many of 'em. I think sugar free protein powder is fine, but the bars aren't worth it to me.

Your day looks great! You are off to a bang-up start! :cheer:

I love Boca burgers ... must think about getting some.

My cal count was 1598 yesterday. No really memorable meals after I posted.

Today is Day 33, no refined sugar, Day 12 (I think) BFLFW rotation (Week II), Cardio Day: Did 20 minutes treadmill, 15 minutes recumbant bike, 10 minutes dynamic stretch ('cause I don't feel well, but it helped, I need to remember to add in mind-body work, which is also specified in BFLFW)!

Was strange to be at the gym when the cycle/abs/core/dynamic stretch class was going on as I seem to have bonded so much with that group and the exercises, but it was so good to have my pal Private Petra the Pirate, a fitness hermit who lives in a cave all by herself, peek out from her jungle lair: "Avast," she shouted, "I wanna work out alone!!!! Sis boom 'n bah, rah for me, that's how I be!!!"

~ Signed, Jana the Jungle Lass

Amarantha2
02-03-2006, 02:06 AM
Cal count UP again, we are not going to talk about it! :) It's past midnight, so this is Day 34 of No Refined Sugar and Day Something of BFLFW rotation. I am going to bed. :)

deleted2
02-03-2006, 07:52 AM
Don't feel alone, A., 'cause my calories were up yesterday too. Even tho I didnt have to work yesterday I found myself fretting over the latest drama at work and let it get to me.:shrug: :kickcan: Oh well, it's a new day and we have another crack at it. Hoorah!

Coffee w/ 1/2 and 1/2
scrambled egg sub w/ brocolli, onions, peppers, 1 slice cheddar
1 mini. ww bagel
clementine

ww pita w/ boca burger, spinach, onion, mustard
zucchini 'fries' w/ fruit-sweet. ketchup
red pepper stix

1/3 cup unsweet carob chips

homemade mac. and cheese

ww mini. bagel w/ 2 tbsp. peanut butter

See how I started out so strong? You can actually tell when I started to really get into fretting about things, can't you?:o

calories: 1700 [actually less than I thought!]
fruit/vegs: 6 serv.
vitamins: yes!
exercise: 35 min. lower body/abs
30 min. step video

Amarantha2
02-03-2006, 06:45 PM
Yo, E! Yes, I think we are twins, as I've been fretting over various stuff all day again and came home early from work, was going to work at home but it's not happening ... cals at 1781 and will try to keep somewhat down, not sure if feasible. I think it's possibly the increased exercise consistency of this challenge that may be making things difficult right now.

Yep, we MUST continue and soldier on. I have to share that since I have started this, I put my "sword" (it's a toy, I've posted about it in the past ... makes a noise and I use it as a talisman for when the dieting gets rough) on my "altar" and before every BFLFW workout session, I give it a swing and it "clanks" ... sets the mood and lets me know I'm on an official program and the coming exercise session is highly important.

I will reiterate a mantra I used a couple of years ago: "I'm a woman on a mission, I AM; I'm a woman on a mission, I AM; I'm a woman on a mission and I'm not just goin' fishin' ... I'm a woman on a mission, I am."

Ibid. :)

This was lower body day and I did 20 minutes of weights, including abs/core, then a 10 minute walk (it doesn't take long to do lower bod).

On to Saturday!!! If 3FC goes down, I'll report in the other place. See ye!

Amarantha2
02-05-2006, 02:15 PM
It's yippee skippy time, it's yippee skippy time, it's yippee skippy time, it's ... (tune: Howdy Doody Time)! :carrot:

Have exceeded goal of getting off one pound of the extra I put on in my first BFLFW week.

Don't feel too well today, but still committed and rarin' to go for week 3, luckily, this is my free day from exercise. I have also declared it a no-work zone (though this will put me even further behind where I already am so Monday will be bad, but it won't be the first time ... I am practicing Peeke's prescription of taking time for self-care).

I will get back to reporting cals soon. My average weekly was less than the week before and Vitamin I was up in all the workouts.

Here's a recipe I put together yesterday for some low glycemic bodybuilding bars ... Fake Bodybuilder Brownies, 2 cups porridge oats; 1 egg; 2 scoops SUGAR FREE chocolate 100 whey protein powder; 1/2 cup almond meal flour; 1/4 cup UNSWEETENED applesauce; 1 tsp. baking SODA (not baking powder). Mix ingredients, spread in large cake pan, bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until done, cool, cut into 12 rectangles and freeze in single servings for lunches. Cals per each 80.

Sis boom 'n bah.

No faeries or pirates about. I'm brain-dead, but happy with this program.

How's it goin' E!!!!???

Amarantha2
02-05-2006, 02:17 PM
Ok, I want my updated sig to show ... forgot it only shows once on a page, so I'm gonna hog the thread a bit ... sorry fellow clubbers.

Amarantha2
02-05-2006, 07:01 PM
Well, ok, still hogging, but wanted to report that I'm having a fantastic rest day and am so glad Dr. Peeke put it on my schedule 'cause I seem to need permission to rest these days! :)

Much to my happiness, since I am following the BFLFW sample rotation day by day, there's a cardio day on Monday, which is going to be the 18-hour day from purgatory for me 'cause I'm not working today. So I will do a happy and minimum 30 minute vid and be on my way. Only the first and third weeks on the rotation seem to start off with cardio, odd.

In the words of the immortal :queen: Kaylets, "Here we go, Monday, here we go!"

Actually, it's Sunday, but the sentiment applies.

Sis boom 'n bah!!! Rah! Let's get some fire in the belly here and away we go!

Amarantha2
02-06-2006, 08:29 AM
BFLFW Women, Week 3!

No refined sugar: Day 36!

Completed 30 minutes cardio (Leslie Sansone) ... a lack of Vitamin I today. Personal Trainer Paula the Pirate is swimmin' to shore now with a fresh supply ...

Jana the Jungle Lass is climbin' Mt. Kilamajaro (sp?) today (translation: very long and difficult workday) and she's already sufferin' from altitutude sickness. How does this relate to BFLFW? The challenge is to not lose focus because of a bad day! Hooray!

deleted2
02-06-2006, 06:45 PM
Coffee w/ 1/2 and 1/2
1/2 ww pita w/ lite cheese, zuccchini
pineapple chunks and orange wedges

veg. 'chik' patty
whipped cauliflower
peas and corn

apple w/ peanut butter, maple syrup

tom.-veg. soup
ww tortilla w/ lite cream cheese, ff cheese. squash, onions, peppers, spinach
choc-covered almond butter patty

ww mini bagel w/ peanut butter

calories: 1615
exercise: 15 min. pilates
1 hour treadmill

deleted2
02-06-2006, 06:48 PM
coffee w/ 1/2 and 1/2
1 egg, 1/2 cup egg sub., scrambled
2 spinach pancakes**1 wedge 'laughing cow'
clementine

1 oz. corn chips w/ 3 tbsp. guacamole
ww tortilla w/ beans, lots of veg, cheese, salsa

chco. cov'd almond butter patty

ww tortilla w/ humuus
grapes
1 ww fruit sweet fig bar

ww mini bagel w/ butter

calories: 1595
exercise: 25 min. upper body

deleted2
02-06-2006, 06:52 PM
coffee w/ 1/2 and 1/2
whole grain biscuit w/ egg sub, ff cheese, veg. 'bacon'

nachos [corn chips, beans onions, peppers, zucchini, mushrooms, salsa, cheese, guac, lite cheese]
DOESN"T THAT SOUND LIKE A GOD-AWFUL MESS??? It was tasty tho!;)

2 mini ww bagels w/ lite cream cheese

Calories: 1345
exercise: none

deleted2
02-06-2006, 06:53 PM
Congrats on releasing over a pound into the jungle!:D

Amarantha2
02-07-2006, 01:59 AM
Hmmm, no, E, the nachos sound really good. I've been makin' 'em lately with Triscuits (100 percent whole wheat cracker) as I don't eat corn anymore. Great minds think alike! :)

Thanks for the congrats, but I have to get a grip tomorrow as I've been way over cals all day ... just overworked and outta control, BUT the good part is I'm still focused and committed to this challenge, so I move on.

Your menus look yummy, cals good and exercise primo!!!

Looks like Paula the Pirate doesn't have to pay anyone any visits for awhile and the Jungle lasses can bask in the warm, green fog of their accomplishments!

We won't even MENTION my cal count! :)

Tomorrow is my lower bod day, I think. Gotta check the schedule ... pronounced SHED-ULE!!!

WE'RE ON THE MARCH!

D'ye think we need a few more members in the Estrogen Squad here? :)

We'll have to dazzle 'em with our amazing success stories, printed in Jungle Talk Magazine ... then they'll flock to join us!!!

Not that we aren't fun and amazing all by ourselves, but fellow travelers are lovely!

My favorite success story in BFLFW is the lady in her 90s ... I look at that and think, sheesh, if she can accomplish that, what's stoppin' me ... the answer, of course, is that NOTHING is stoppin' me.

We soldier on.

ceara
02-07-2006, 08:13 AM
Ordered the book in from the system. May be here today. Will see if this is doable for me.

Ceara :drill:

Amarantha2
02-07-2006, 11:00 AM
Huzzah, Ceara!!!! :wave: Happy to hear thou mayest be joinin' our Estrogen Squad (the term is used in the book) here in the BFLFW jungle jym ... or whatever it is to each individual club member, 'cause our challenges are personal to us (also a concept in book)! Avast, mate! Climb aboard if thou desirest!!! :cheer:

[i]Just a quickie a.m. report for this jungle lass before she headeth to the Salt Mine in the Fitness vs. Career Dilemmatic Ocean, to which destination she's temporarily been sentenced by a non-fitness-sympathetic judge for crimes against the state (e.g., poverty). She expecteth Personal Training Pirate Lass Paula to come blazin' in on the BFLFW Take Care o' Self First 'Cause If You Don't Who Will ship!! (That's my interpretation o' part o' the BFLFW concept, everyone be free to disagree ... whee).

Ok, I wrote a lengthy thing here about appreciatin' E's menus and wanting to share that I did eat in the 2800s yesterday. Best meal: garlic grilled chicken with brussel sprouts and mushrooms. Exercise today: Upper body, which for some reason the rotation has on again (20 minutes) and an extra cardio workout following the book's advice to add extra cardio workouts as fitness grows ... but half of my post disappeared.

BFLFW Quote o' the Century: "Don't let 'I don't have time' be your excuse. You say you don't have time to give your body the care it needs? Yes, you do. ..." Ann Mon, p. 236, Body For Life For Women by Pamela Peeke, M.D.

Ibid.

aria2000
02-07-2006, 08:28 PM
Hi Amarantha and everyone! Just found this thread!
I am currently doing WW, but I wanted to stop by to say hello anyway! :)

Amarantha2
02-08-2006, 04:57 AM
Hi, Aria! :wave: Thanks for stoppin' by to say hi (rhymes). :)

Amarantha2
02-08-2006, 01:54 PM
Been having trouble getting back into this site to report my workout this a.m., but hopin' it'll get better soon. Did a wimpy 30 minute walk, but added a little Vitamin I (thanks Paula, the Pirate, no need to bring me another bottle, I have plenty) and upped the ante to add a 10-minute jogwalk session. Never made it to gym. Feelin' very unsettled and want to be alone ... takin' Old Dog to vet now for her checkup, makes me crazy. Ended cals yesterday in the high 1600s!!! Feelin' very lean ... think I will get a good result this week! (famous last words)!!!

deleted2
02-08-2006, 06:06 PM
coffee w/ 1/2 and 1/2
1 veg. 'sausage'
egg/cheese/veg casserole

homemade ww macaroni and cheese
zuchinni and mushrooms
choc-cove'd almond butter patty

orange

a few baked corn chips w/ guacamole
4 hard-boiled egg white halves stuffed w/ humuus
red pepper strips

mini ww bagel w/ 1 tbsp. peanut butter

water: 7 glasses
calories: 1635
exercise: 1 hour treadmill
30 min. lower body/abs

Amarantha2
02-08-2006, 09:27 PM
You are doin' great, E!!! Sis boom 'n bah!!! Hurrah!!!! You have definitely located and captured the wily Exercise Mojo and he is yours! :cheer: :) :dc:

Ending my eating day in the high 1700s, may be a bit less. Had a lean steak and Brussels sprouts for dinner ... Old Dog shared.

Tomorrow is lower body/abs day and I will try to do it at gym.

I need to do better with water so will have some now.

Do you have a specific recipe for the ww mac 'n cheese? :)

ceara
02-10-2006, 08:05 AM
Am working my way through the book. Some of the things are resonating with me. I have 4 days of healthy eating under my belt...and that means 4 successful non-grazing nights!

I know what you meant Empress A...when you say you feel tighter...that's an encouraging feeling :cheer:

:wave:

Ceara

Amarantha2
02-10-2006, 06:33 PM
Yo! Congratulations on four days of healthy eating, Ceara!!! :cheer: Yep, it's always nicer when things are "tighter" ... I feel great and did "jogwalking" for my cardio today ... decided I will think about running a marathon in 2007!

I have not deserted this group nor am I doin' my usual gettin' tired o' a program thingie, but the server change, apparently, is causing me problems ... it takes so long for me to load a page on 3FC now that I sometimes can't get here ... yesterday I couldn't even open the site ... I've posted in the help thread but no help, so I also posted this challenge in the diet land far far challenge section ... also hoping for more members!

I am feelin' great and enjoying the mostly-at-home workouts ...

ceara
02-11-2006, 08:10 AM
Another day! I had an unexpected work op yesterday, so my city running around didn't happen...hope to do it today.

Have finished scanning the book...now I need to absorb it. The weight training stuff I did back when my kids were little...just need to get my head around it again...I certainly have the equipment.

So am off for a walk....cardio you know.

I find the site slow to load, but am also noticing that on other sites...just assumed it was the computer or the Net running slow....even the DSL at work is slow....

Hang in there Empress A :carrot: ...where is Eydie?

:tread: Ceara

deleted2
02-11-2006, 08:28 AM
I'm still here! :) I haven't logged my food for the last couple of days and that's always a sort of a dangerous thing for me, so today I'm back to it! I've been feeling overwhelmed with stuff lately and have been called away from the business at hand.

It's snowing here today!

Amarantha2
02-11-2006, 09:20 AM
Yo, I realized I can load the site here and open pages whilst doing other tasks, so can still kind of participate here, but it's really a labor intensive process. I'm thinking it will just go away as the server propagates. I am really getting into my BFLFW workouts and am also making a vow to run a marathon (slowly) in 2007. I am posting the BFLFW challenge in different places on the web also in case I can't get in here, as it so really helps to find fellow travelers ... realizing in all cases that we aren't doing just BFLFW strictly but modifying to suit US! :)

I'm really feeling overwhelmed, too, E ... think this challenge is a big help to me. :)

Ceara, sorry thou also has been experiencing slowness ... for me it's only on 3FC, but I've had trouble here before when they've changed things.

Did 30 minutes upper body today! Breakfast was weird ... guacamole and Triscuits.[/b]

ceara
02-12-2006, 08:59 AM
Another day! Yeah!...that is six so far....Got my walk in this am and am going to do some weights this evening...just a few to refresh my memory of these things.

Got a pedometer and a skipping rope yesterday. Am wearing the pedometer now but it isn't too accurate in the house...I guess my strike is softer so the steps don't register....

Anyway...off. Got church this am and some work work to do this pm...eve is for the weights. At least I am planning my attacks these days!

How was the weigh-in, Oh tighter Empress A? I like the clothes-o-meter idea in the book...and I finally know what Vitamin I is!

:tread:

Ceara :wave:

Amarantha2
02-12-2006, 09:38 AM
Great work on Day 6, Ceara!!! Avast, glad you have the Vitamin I supply well in hand!!! :cheer:

Re the clothes-o-meter, I just ordered a size smaller pair of jeans ... a great feeling!

I'll be back (the site is moving a little faster today) with my weigh-in info. I don't weigh in until approximately 9 a.m., but I have some exciting news (to me, anyhow): I am posting this lots of places so I can convince myself I have to do it! :) I know I am crazy, but I just registered for my FIRST half-marathon, which will take place in 2007. I figured I needed a long lead time to think about this and if it was already paid for, I'll be more likely to follow through on what seems a pretty scary goal for me.

I will continue to finish the BFLFW rotation for the moment to improve total condition, then think about more specifics for race training.

Hopefully, my ancient knees and cranky left foot will hold out this year. This is very hard for me ... making long-term commitments because I tend to be often anxious about the future ... but hey ... if it doesn't work out ... just call me Nancy Kwan.

This is my free day from exercise, but I ran 10 minutes.

Pirate Paula the Personal Trainer is pleased. She is saying 'avast' all over the place and ordering more Vitamin I from her supplier.

Actually, I made a mistake when entering the time I planned to complete it ... I was thinking of how fast I can jog a MILE and put that in, then realized that a half marathon is TWELVE miles ... oh well, maybe I'll be speedy that day ... REALLY speedy! :)

deleted2
02-12-2006, 06:21 PM
I'm so proud of you, Amarantha!:hug: I've always wondered what was involved in training for a marathon.

Glad you're here, Ceara!:hug: Those pedomters are tricky. I've tried cheap ones and expensive ones and have never been satisfied. You're right, it could be the strike or as Kaylets said once, it depends on where you attach it on your waistband.

I've just completed week 2 and this week held some challenges but I got thru it okay. This week will be better.

I actually gained weight this week. Grrr....:mad: 147.4 pounds! It may be unrealistic but I'm going to see if I can get it down to 146 or 145 by next Sunday. More Vitamin I and paying closer attention to the food.

This is late but here's my starting measurements--I did measure when I first started:

CHEST 34'
WAIST: 33"
HIPS: 40"
THIGHS: both 34"

deleted2
02-12-2006, 06:25 PM
coffee w/ 1/2 and 1/2
2 ww w/ egg sub, ff cheese, veg. 'bacon'
1/2 cup peaches

4 hard-boiled egg white halves w/ humuus
Thai veg. soup w/ seitan
chco. covered almond butter patty

ww tortilla w/ beans, lite cheese, salsa, guac.
fruit-sweet. peanut butter cookie

water: 5 glasses
calories: 1670
exercise: 20 min. upper body

deleted2
02-12-2006, 06:29 PM
coffee w/ 1/2 and 1/2
2 blue corn-blueberry pancakes w/ maple syrup, 1 tsp. butter
1 veg. 'sausage'

2 hard-boiled egg white halves w/ humuus
1/2 cup peaches

veg. "ribs"
green beans
baked sweet potato wedges

2 triscuits
2 hard-boiled egg white halves w/ humuus

tomato soup
2 ww w/ ff cheese

water: 8 glasses
calories: 1440
fruit/ vegs: 5 servings
exercise: 20 min. yoga
20 min. Pilates

Amarantha2
02-12-2006, 09:14 PM
Yo, finally was able to get back on here. Still having trouble with the site.

Thanks for the nice comment re the half-marathon, E! I am excited, too bad it's 11 months away but I needed a long-term project to jazz up my life!

You are doing great with your menus and exercise ... and it is normal to gain weight when increasing exercise consistency. You will get to your goal!!! Huzzah!!!

Ceara, it is SO great to have thee on the journey here! :cheer: Re the pedometer, I second what E says, they all vary a lot in their accuracy ... some people wear them on a cord around their necks and this, strangely, proves accurate in many cases ... but they are a good idea ... I had a watch once that computed the distance I was jogging/walking ... liked that a lot.

My weight is exactly the same as last week, which I am extremely happy with given the amount I ate over the seven-day period. I am also gaining muscle, especially in obvious areas like biceps (I am blessed with the ability to build muscle quickly, strange in so unathletic a person).

If I don't show up for awhile, it'll be because of the problems I'm having with the site ... will be around and back asap.

Huzzah.

deleted2
02-13-2006, 07:14 AM
Money's short this month, so I have to pull back on money for food this week. I'm taking this opportunity to get creative with all the dribs and drabs of frozen and canned vegetables I have. It'll be a challenge but such is life!

deleted2
02-13-2006, 06:56 PM
coffee w/ 1/2 and 1/2
2 corn-blueberry pancakes w/ 2 tsp. butter, maple syrup
1 'sausage'

3 hard-boiled egg white halves w/ humuus
grapefruit juice and seltzer

ww tortilla w/ beans, cheese, salsa, guac.

tomato-barley soup
2 ww / lite cheese

water: 8 glasses [finally made it!]
calories: 1665
fruit/vegs: 7 servings
exercise: 1 hour treadmill [still working those inclines]
15 min. yoga

Amarantha2
02-14-2006, 06:38 PM
On a work computer ... can't even get on here most of the time at home. :)

I'm officially rewriting my exercise rotation to allow me to get in my dynamic stretch and abs classes as I work towards the marathon ... E, your menu looks delish and you are doing great on the exercise.

I will be posting in mine other lairs when I can't get on here. I don't see that the problem is going to resolve itself anytime soon. It must be my system because it works fine here, but who can say ... I've run all possible checks and have no idea what the prob is, oh well! :) C'est la ...

Hi, Ceara! :wave:

ceara
02-15-2006, 07:51 AM
Nine days under the belt...I think. Anyways, however many they are, they are in a row!

Now, I did do some upper body weights on Monday am...Yowza. Forgot I owned some of them. Good thing it was a wimpy workout! Gonna do a slightly less wimpy one this am, and hopefully walk. The pedometer is quite interesting I must say...I really don't walk much in a "non-road" day according to it!

Food has been consistant...I'm off the sugar and the wine...no cravings. And the bread, am eating oatmeal. Think that portion sizes may still be off...but only on the veggies. I consume a lot of those...been working my way through a 3 pound yam for 3 days now!

:wave: to Eydie (you're awesome!) and Empress A (my inspiration!)

So off to change my tracker, and do some lifting!

Ceara

deleted2
02-15-2006, 05:13 PM
coffee w/ 1/2 and 1/2
2 ww w/ 1 slice swiss, 1 tbsp. lite cream cheese

Odwalla bar

lentil soup
1 oz. cheddar

fruit-sweet. pnut butter cookie

tomato soup
2 ww w/ boca burger, mustard, onion, spinach
apple

calories: 1650
water: 8 glasses
exercise: 30 in. upper body
15 min. Pilates

deleted2
02-15-2006, 05:19 PM
Dare I say it? I think I see my weight redistributing itself in more appropriate places. I'm looking tighter, not necessarily feeling it yet though. I'll feel better when I see a drop in weight---I know it's not everything, but still......

Ceara, found out today that the local library is checking out pedometers to interested patrons! Does your library do that? Did you watch the Westminster Dog Show?

All's well. Feeling positive--trusting the process!:)

ceara
02-16-2006, 10:39 AM
Another day bites the dust! I like streaks. Did some upper body weights yesterday...and walked. And so far today have walked the road. Got over 5000 on the pedometer yesterday. Over halfway there already today....I think that it isn't too accurate. If I have something on with a snug waistband over it, it doesn't do so well...loose and free I guess!

So, am off...busy week at work. One thing after another.

Food is good, water is good, exercise is good. Clothes-o-meter showing results...and of course the scale isn't. Ehk.

:wave: to all. Fight the good fight!

Ceara

ceara
02-16-2006, 10:41 AM
oo-ooh Eydie...nope we don't. Nice idea but too progressive for these good ol' boys :) .

Amarantha2
02-16-2006, 05:12 PM
Ok, the site let me on today but it's a flybye as I have to go to work tonight. :) Ceara and E ye are doin' so great and so be I!

I am not actually sure if I'm a BFLFWer anymore, though, as I'm having so much fun with my half marathon training and now aspire to a state of runnerdom. I used to run, maybe 10 years ago, and have dabbled in it off and on since, but this has been the first time I've entered a marathon and it's fired up my enthusiasm.

I worked out my training rotation for five weeks ... just basic training ... running every other day and cross training with the class and weights the other days, with rest days interspersed as I have problematical feet and don't want to blow them out prematurely! :)

NSV today in exercise class when some people (more than one) who have not seen me in six weeks commented to everyone how "shrunken" (in a good way) I seemed (have lost a lot of inches, although I haven't measured) and the instructor told them I'd been running and had entered a marathon and that accounted for the "shrinkage." :lol:

Later, gaters!

deleted2
02-16-2006, 05:51 PM
coffee w/ 1/2 and 1/2

lentil soup w/ brown rice
2 ww w swiss and ff cheese, spinach, onion
fruit-sweet. pnut butter cookie

tomato soup w/ barley
veg.-tofu filo pastry w/ Thai crystal
fruit-swet. peanut butter cookie

water: 3 glasses:(
calories: not sure
exercise: 35 min. treadmill [5-10 % inclines]

Thai crystal---doesn't that sound like some kind of street drug? Actually it's a sweet-hot sauce that I've discovered how to amke and it's delicious!:)

deleted2
02-16-2006, 05:56 PM
This is going to be a high calorie day--I dread counting up the numbers at the end of this day, but I will, and I'll report the ugly truth. :o
As close to bingeing as I've been in months, and weepy today too. I'm the whole package, baby!!!:carrot: :( :devil: :lol: :bb: :stress:

ceara
02-18-2006, 08:05 AM
Another couple days! One day at a time...hold on. Worked a basketball tri-star last night...had 2 pieces of pizza...not planned for but controlled. I could have eaten more but talked meself outta it.

No controlled exercise but around 2300 on the pedometer..I'm supplying in another branch today...I think I'll take a skipping rope and if no one is in :s:. The last time I worked this branch it was pretty slow.

Friends coming for dinner and cards tonight...and it is my mother's BD today...so they are coming tomorrow for dinner...windchill is 28 below so no walking for me!

Gotta fly...my hair is lovely I see....and I have to get ready.

Have a great day!

deleted2
02-20-2006, 07:17 AM
I've been BAD!:o No exercise for the last 3 days. Food has been okay; I probably could've cut back here and there.
Hopefully I can get back on track today....

Amarantha2
02-22-2006, 04:03 PM
Yo, haven't been able to get on here for a week. I'm really disappointed that the server change seems to have eliminated me as a regular member ... it just takes so long to even open the site, let alone click my way through, but that's life I guess! :) Was able to get here today and report that I'm still doin' the half marathon/BFL training and am thinking of creative ways to get it all in.

Have had some strange reactions to tellin' people I signed up for this race ... from tellin' me "you'll never do that" to "why are you thinking about that NOW ... it's 11 months away!" ... some folks, mostly online, have been supportive of what is actually a kind of big thing in my life.

Today I saw an acquaintance from an old gym and I was so rash as to tell her about it ... after "that's a whole year away!" (do they think I can go run 13 miles without training for it after having NEVER done that?), she asked me which charity was sponsoring it ... said I wasn't doing it for charity ... then what are you running for? she asked :) ... just to run, I said ... well, I do that every day, she said (she does, she's very fit) ... well, thanks for the support, I said ... :lol: ... I need to keep remembering in life not to share things with people who don't care anything about what I do ... and there's no reason why she should, as to be honest, I've frankly never liked her or cared what she did ... but I've always admired her great back muscles ... think I'll work on that!

Well, E & Ceara, the Sword Bearer, I miss this thread and will keep trying to get here and E, dinna worrit 'bout those high cal days ... I've been havin' 'em too ... nature o' the beast (human beings).

Ceara, congrats on that clothes-o-meter ... it's the most accurate scale in the universe!!! 5,000 steps on the ped is great ... don't worry too much about its accuracy ... it'll be accurate enough for your purposes.

I am looking for a running watch such as I had when I was MUCH younger and ran ... can't find anything like it now ... it had a "pacer" that estimated distances, etc., and also beeped you along at the right pace that you'd programmed in.

Have to go now! Later!

deleted2
02-23-2006, 08:01 AM
Glad you got in for a visit, A! I'm still hanging in there but barely.:D Seriously, I've ben preoccupied with some stuff lately and haven't been journaling my food which is NEVER good for me. Working out has been okay, noy great, but okay.
I know that i need to find my balance again and I will.:carrot:

Amarantha2
02-23-2006, 05:19 PM
Well, here I am again! :dc: I can now post here if I go do other stuff between clicking pages open. This is crazy ... I even subscribe here and can't enjoy using it, but still tihnk it might get better when they fix whatever's wrong with the sigs.

E, you WILL find your balance, never fear. I am at my usual haunts ... have been looking for your blog entries to comment on but no new ones ... I'm kidn off off that, too, for now.

I have a HUGE appetite since starting the running, plus massive amounts of energy ... kind of crashed today. I am rewriting my whole training schedule right now as I've sort of "hired" back the trainer I had a few months ago to run with me ... for a few weeks at least ... I enjoy the company.

In the next few months I will be looking for a 5k to practice on ... yes, I'm a bit obsessed with the running project, but I can't see a reason not to be ... it's healthy! :)

E, I made "fake peanut butter cups" per your recipe ... I mixed nutty natural pb (about half a jar) with two scoops of the sugar free whey powder and a few drops of liquid saccharine (it doesn't cause cancer and is one of the two sweeteners I approve of for my body) ... I sort of spatulaed this around then formed into flatish balls and froze ... has a halvah-like texture and tastes like a cross between one of those old-fashioned (bad, but I like 'em) protein bars and peanut butter fudge ... mine are 123 cals ... I had too many today, but anyhow ...

Gotta go! Will try to come more often.

CEARA!!!! hI ... I can't see if you've posted again since yesterday 'cause it'd take five minutes just to click onto the last page ... BUT huzzah anyhow!!! You're doin' great!

ceara
02-27-2006, 05:25 PM
Nope, haven't posted for over a week...got blindsided by the birthday cakes...and wine. Am on the wagon again though...just. Back slid some, but not all the way....splinters in my butt....:lol:

I couldn't get on at all....DH had to reload Windows? Thank goodness for husbands....

ceara
02-28-2006, 08:50 AM
Mornin' Ladies! Sunny and cold....got stuff to do...walking and weights (I hope). Class tonight...no Shrove Tuesday pancakes for me though....

Here we go Tuesday, here we go! Who's with me?

ceara
02-28-2006, 09:46 PM
Rattle, rattle. Did the road, did the upper body weights...ouchy tonight. Slept rather poorly last night, so plan on an early night.

No pancakes for supper...homemade pea soup though...I love that crockpot!

Class was good....I think I'm tired though.

'night :wave:

ceara
03-01-2006, 08:00 AM
Bang, Bang. Conked out last night and slept right through to 4:30, checked the time and conked 'til 5:30. Much better than the night before.

Am working through Bob Greene's new book...interesting. Think I need to up the workouts. Time to start running the poles again...and more skipping. Am going to edge in with the weights though...those have been a long time ago.

I counted the "good" days vs the "bad" days in February...the good outnumber the bad! Yes!

Here's to day 3! March streak begins! :s:

ceara
03-02-2006, 08:34 AM
Bang, bang, Rattle, Bang-BANG! Hmmmm, I showered?
Anyway, one more day under the belt and on the wagon. Am hoping to travel today but with the freezing rain, I may need to re-vamp my plans....
Hope you are all hanging in there!

Amarantha2
03-03-2006, 09:21 PM
Yo, hi clublette members! I miss ye ... it took me seven minutes to navigate into 3FC and into this thread. No matter what I do, I can't fix the problem that's occurred since they changed servers ... Suzanne emailed me and tried to help but there seems not to be an answer to it ... I'll still be in and out but it just takes so long to get in ... you're doin' great, Ceara! :cheer: Hope the freezin' rain isn't too bad ... I remember freezin' rain from when I lived in the midwest ... glad it's only a memory ... a weather condition with no redeeming social value, methink! :lol:

I am still on my journey to the half marathon ... it's going to take a lot more effort than I thought as I am totally not as in shape as I thought ... hired back the trainer for a few session ... we are doin' runs in the park once a week ...

E! Huzzah! :wave:

I am in and out in the usual places ... miss all the :queen: s

Kaylets
03-05-2006, 07:29 AM
Hello lovelies!!

Sorry it took me so long to stop by and say hello but I've been in the midst of transferring to that position I mentioned so many, many times. And can you imagine my glee when the showed me the gym? And that it was beautifully maintained, cleaned daily, brand new (looking) machines and even a tv...??
( its a shame that I am impressed that the gym has a tv but I am)
:carrot:

Empress.... I am so excited for you ! I remember when you were still using your "walking cane" and now you are training for a marathon!! Awesome!
sorry you're having computer issues....

Eydie:... keep smiling sweetie, its just hormones!! :^: ... I can relate!
Read your menus w/ interest when you were getting creative w/ what was in the pantry.... Isnt interesting how we really can figure out something when we thought there was nothing there?

Ceara: You're doing great too! I am impressed!

So...

Tomorrow, the plan is to get out of the house early enough to use the machines in the gym, not just get there and put on the office clothes!! :smug:

Any for peppermint tea?

ceara
03-05-2006, 08:29 AM
Okay...am trying a new way of formatting this...see how it works.

I'm BACK! And can't type I see...why are there vowels in words again? :?: Had a great time and managed to overcome some eating obstacles....yes for me!

So am off to do stuff today...starting with a walk...then laundry, church, weights (I hope) and cleaning...very ambitious!

Nice to see you Empress A and Kaylets....where's Eydie? I have the misc. Forum saved in my favorites Amarantha...it goes right to that page...and I leave myself logged on. Saves a bit of time.

ceara
03-06-2006, 08:19 AM
Stellar day yesterday...need to start being consistant with the weights. Got the walking down pat, and the no-booze and the healthy food...one thing at a time. Am increasing on the water front and the clothes-o-meter is quite good.....Rattle rattle.

toosh
03-06-2006, 05:25 PM
Hi everybody

Just a general question I thought one of you may be able to answer:

I'm considering starting BFLFW but I have quite a bit of weight to lose, do you recommend it? I plan on getting the book from the library and looking it over. However, when I went to the website all of their success stories seemed to be people who needed to lose a little bit of weight for bodybuilding or some such thing. I guess it is more of a "fitness plan" and less of a "weight loss" plan. Me, I'm trying to accomplish both.. so what's the verdict?

ceara
03-06-2006, 05:41 PM
Hi Toosh! If you're taking the book out from the library, why not look it over...it is free after all. I like the general concepts, and I'm not yet into the weights part, but it is doable for a loss of a lot of weight I think. The other book that seems to go hand in hand with it is Bob Greene's new one...I have them both out of the library myself right now and am reconcilling the two....I like the stretches and weight routines in the Greene book...also his approach to dealing with the emotional reasons for weight gains and dealing with that as you work on the "reshaping" Even if you only do it for 12 weeks (they both are that long) it is a good healthy jump start, and is something that would be a life plan as opposed to a quick fix. I'm beginning to see there is no quick fix...just a lot of hard work and dedication. Getting off the soapbox now.

:wave: nice to meet ya!

Ceara

ceara
03-07-2006, 08:08 AM
Where is everyone :?: .

Another good day yesterday...I like where my head is these days. Good walk, good food choices and some water. Today, up the water and add some weights!

Gotta go play ball!

ceara
03-08-2006, 07:47 AM
Another equal day...caught myself starting a binge last night...need to do some self examination as to why...healthy stuff and stopped myself but still....

Walk was good....over 7000 for the day on the pedometer...am still not there with a weight routine. General foods were good, water a bit higher. Today, more water (already started), a walk, some functional exercises and weights...I hope...some kind of block there.

Have a great day all lurkers. I'm rattling around here...:wave:

Amarantha2
03-08-2006, 07:50 PM
[color=blue][b]Huzzah, guys, I had a pretty respectable click-through time here as compared to previously, so some new software I installed may be helping the situation. Still a little long, but good, mayhap I'm kinda back?

Toosh, I second all o' Ceara's points ... I personally think you'd lose just following BFLFW to the letter, but there are a lot of plans out there that'll help you lose. It's really just which one pleases you and fits your lifestyle ... and you don't really need to follow any plan other than your own or a combination of a lot of plans ... whatever results in producing a calorie deficit will help you lose weight ... but BFLFW WILL improve the way you look and feel and metabolize food. And as ye know, thy doctor should be consulted before choosing a weight loss/exercise program. :)

Kaylets, nothin' wrong with appreciatin' the TV in a gym ... it's a boon ... especially on the freakin' treadmill ... :lol:

Re the vast improvement in my fitness (and really it has been vast lately), thanks ... I still have the walkin' stick in the back o' the car for hikes but it's great to think about runnin' ...

I say "think" as I am soooo slooow ... I did a treadmill test yesterday and in theory find that I COULD traverse the half marathon with a mix of run/walk in a bit more than five hours, which is more than they let you stay out there ... so I am determined to find some fast twitch muscles in my bod in the comin' months so as not to be completely humiliated come race day ... of course, I would not really be humiliated as I am only askin' myself to TRY ... my hero is still the Penguin (author John Bingham) ... waddle on. :)

A death of a friend has me a little bit down but I had a good workout in park with trainer today. She strolled, I walked and ran ... we did four miles ...

Cals are getting back in perspective ... had massive appetite for about two weeks ... all the cardio ... not technically doing BFLFW now, focusing on cardio and getting in the other stuff too and also trying to handle messed up work and financial life ... well, what else is new.

Hopefully I can be a regular here again ... click, click.

Amarantha2
03-09-2006, 03:42 PM
Huzzah! Here again ... I just registered for a one-mile race April 29! Huzzah! Gotta go! ... sorry for the flybye ...

ceara
03-10-2006, 10:21 AM
Congrats on the registration Empress A! WTG! :cp:

I've been flat in bed since Wednesday...fever and just slept. Think it is normal now, I'm just kinda weak. So....will see how things go.

Where's Eydie :?:

deleted2
03-10-2006, 06:57 PM
I'm here, my doves! I'm finishing Week 6 and I truly hope that the 2nd half is better than the first. It's a long story and I've been pre-occupied with a lot of stuff.
Honestly I've been doing enough to just say that I'm doing it. I need INTENSITY!

And how's this for irony? Starting the first Monday in June, I'm going to be leading a BFLFW support group at work and getting paid for it!!!!:D It'll go for 12 consecutive Mondays. I'm kinda nervous about it and kind of excited too. I hope there's some interest. Now the thing is I have to whip up some enthsiasm myself and really get in shape. It would NOT look good for me to lead this group all gooshy!:o

ceara
03-11-2006, 07:33 AM
WTG Eydie! That sounds like so much fun...and you'll have a built in support group. Not to mention, with everyone eating the same way and at intervals no eyebrows will raise...I was talking to a friend of mine who works with a man who is diabetic and has to eat every three hours I think. Anyway he works for one of the big 3 auto, and has a doctor's note on file pertaining to this. His GF tried to muscle him and write him up because he was eating in the cafeteria at 11 am....you think they'd know?

Anyway, am coming back to the land of the living...hope this does not blossom into a cold. Will assess myself after I have an orange and some oatmeal as to the walkability of the body. And maybe the stability exercises in Greene's book. They are pretty gentle. I'm tired of being immobile!

Carpe diem! :wave:

ceara
03-12-2006, 11:40 AM
Another good day under the belt...did the walk, stretches and stability exercises, not weights. Managed to eat properly, and drink water. So....here's to another! :cheers:

Had to put down one of my old girls this morning...she has been on borrowed time for 2 years...doesn't make it any easier though.

Off to do some cleaning! Carpe Diem! :wave:

ceara
03-13-2006, 05:38 PM
Another day, another check mark! I found a pair of pants in my closet that I forgot I had....they are a little big now, but I'm gonna wear 'em 'til they are grossly big. :) Also did some trying on...close on a few things...the old surgery pooch is the problem but it is getting smaller...finally.

So, back to work and back to the water...drinking that is!

Tah....rattle-bang, bang.:tread:

ceara
03-14-2006, 07:33 AM
Hey, are you guys ever coming back? I know that Amarantha has stopped her journalling in the land far-away and is devoting her computer time to workout time :lifter:...very admirable. Hope you flybye once in a while. Eydie is working hard. :encore: And I'm rattling around in here by meself. :kickcan: So....

Weights for me today. :workout: Scale and clothes-o-meters are showing good movements....the eating part of these programmes (BFL and Greene's) are easy and work! The exercise is coming for me...haven't walked since Saturday and likely won't this morning...I could end up in Kansas it is so windy! May try that for tonight. Weights for the am though....and stability exercises.

So, off like a turtle. :strong:

ceara
03-14-2006, 12:21 PM
Yeah! :cheers: I did the weights and stability! Now hopefully the bluster dies down by this evening and I can walk! :tread:

Arabella
03-14-2006, 12:45 PM
Good for you, Ceara! :encore:

ceara
03-15-2006, 08:06 AM
No walk yesterday...windy. And it is STILL windy! I may make the attempt....just because I need to...at least the sun is out ;).

Weights were good...am feeling pleasantly stiff, not wretchedly sore. That is good. When I'm comfortable with the routine, I will start upping the weight. I still do the stability ones everyday according to Greene, so that will be on my agenda also. There are 11 of them....

So. Onwards. :sumo:

deleted2
03-16-2006, 09:03 PM
You're doing great, Ceara!:carrot: I've had 2 very long, busy days at work and haven't worked out in 2 days. Definitely have to make up for it this weekend!

Amarantha2
03-17-2006, 08:33 PM
You're doin' great, Ceara! :cheer: Sorry about your old girl ... I so know where you are coming from ... my girl is no longer young and it is hard for me ... she's ok for now, though ...

You, too, Ms. E!!!! :cheer: How cool that you are getting paid to lead a BFLFW support group. You will be great at that.

I'm also doin' great but it takes so long for me to get in here again ... I really hate what has happened to my ability to access 3FC since the server change, but there doesn't seem to be an answer.

I talked to the owner of one of those ladies workout gyms that is opening near me about a job today ... it'll be a couple of weeks before I know anything more ... if I could get it, I will be ready to retire from journalism and start a new life in the fitness industry ... although on the lowest possible rung of it, of course, but I'd enjoy it.

Think I said that I entered a one-mile race just for practice ... this will be on April 23 ... I can easily run a mile, although there'd be no shame if I walked it ... it's just for fun ... and I will meet real runners who participate in races and learn how to go about it without having a nervous breakdown.

Have been running 5-6 days in the past two weeks, squeezing in the exercise classes and weights ... bought myself a "girlie" Danskin light barbell set today from Wally World ... I think I can order another set of plates to add a bit more weight ... I LOVE this thing ... it is so cute.

Eating is good but one day I ate a half of a small chocolate cake and two days later ate two candy bars ... off sugar again ... hopefully that won't happen again for another year ... :)

I'll keep trying to get in here on a regular basis ... miss you guys. Ceara, I did indeed stop the journal in the land far far as I do believe I can get further using the time for more rest and exercise (and work, I guess), but I may start another one sometime ... will post on that other land, E, on Sunday.

Big event to cover tomorrow and a funeral to attend right in the middle of it. Later, gators.[/color][/b]

ceara
03-18-2006, 07:28 AM
Managed the walk yesterday. Food was good until the mini-binge last night...4 granola bars :o and a banana. Oh well, done and past... onwards. Need to figure out why though....Clothes-o-meter is showing lots of improvement.

I am working today, so will be off shortly for a walk. Neighbourhood party tonight...Spring/St Pat's combo. I will make some sourdough biscuits for it...Seize the moment!

Amarantha2
03-19-2006, 11:01 AM
Yo, I had a very nasty surprise from Demon Scale ... UP 3.2!!! I am not too upset because measurements taken earlier in the week show an overall loss of approx. 5 inches in a month ... however, I am changing my method of computing this, so that's not exactly accurate either.

My cals have been high all month because of the increased appetite from running but this week they were LOWER ... however, it was my once-in-a-lifetime week to eat sugar and refined flour ... TO ME THIS IS PROOF POSITIVE THAT I CAN'T MAINTAIN OR LOSE WEIGHT WHILST EATING THESE ITEMS ... this week I will lower cals, continue race training and weights and get off the evil stuff.

Am not too upset ... the weight will reverse itself next week ... we soldier on! When the weight journey gets tough, the weight loss tough get tougher ... or somethin' like that!

I'm workin' today, too, Ceara ... see ye guys!

Arabella
03-19-2006, 11:27 AM
Fly-by buttinsky, here! :D

Amarantha, of course refined flour and sugar both make the bod retain fluid like nobody's business, too. So I'm sure those pounds will be gone in a twinkling and will likely take a friend or two with them. I've been weighing self daily and often if I've indulged in that stuff -- even if overall cals were OP -- I'll see a 2 or 3 pound gain the next day. I am seriously on the wagon :yes:

Amarantha2
03-19-2006, 08:18 PM
Thanks for the encouragin' words, Arabella, I'm sure that's the answer, too, and am also really serious about bein' off the stuff again. :) I think one week in a year might be a good thing, actually, I enjoyed the release of eatin' the stuff but am back to feelin' as if I don't need it.

My "challenge" for this week is to work toward an average of 1707 (Fitday PC's prescription to lose a pound of fat ... actually, I can eat more than that if I stay off the refined stuff), eat no more than 2000 per day, eat no refined sugar or flour or any o' the usual suspects, run or walk a total of eight miles at any speed as I continue to train for the half marathon and more imperative for the one-miler I will do April 23 ... I can already run a decent mile with no problem but it's my first ever race and I want to feel comfy, do two weight training sessions featuring my adorable new "girlie" barbell, attend exercise class twice and do one walk/run in park with trainer ... all this whilst having the last o' the March difficult work weeks.

I got through here pretty easily so will hope to update on this challenge daily, even if it's late in the day.

I'm not exactly doing BFLFW anymore but am with the plan in spirit!

ceara
03-20-2006, 07:32 AM
Yes, I'm seeing a slight increase in the numbers also and the only difference is more refined flours and some sugars. I've managed to stay away from the demon booze, so no empty calories there. However, the walking is good and yesterday my water consumption was up, so I figure just continue on my merry way and it will drop off again. I need to up the distance again...since I seem to becoming fitter, my times are faster....

Kids are back at school today after March Break...so life returns to more "normal". Anyway....walk, weights and floor exercises on the menu this am...along with laundry and maybe some vacuuming! Avanti! :wave:

deleted2
03-21-2006, 07:20 AM
coffee w/ 1/2 and 1/2
brocolli quiche

2 ww bread w/ lite swiss, cabbage, onions. mustard

2 small lo-carb bars

brown rice w/ spicy tofu and vegs.

1 w toast w/ better-butter [a blend of olive oil and butter!]

water: 3 glasses
Calories: ?
exercise: 2 miles treadmill
20 min. dumbells

deleted2
03-21-2006, 07:30 AM
coffee w/ 1/2 and 1/2
3 multi-grain pancakes w/ maple syrup, strawberies
1 soy 'sausage'

4 ww crackers w/ cashew butter

2 ww w/ lite swiss, onions, cabbage, mustard
cucumber slices
3 pcs. dried mango

1 pc. ww toast w/ cheese

water: 4 glasses
calories: 1685
exercise: none

deleted2
03-21-2006, 07:34 AM
Coffee w/ 1/2 and 1/2
brocolli quiche w/ oat crust
2 'sausages'

2 w w/ lite swiss, cabbage, onion, mustard
strawberries
clif 'nectar' bar

red bean soup
sea chips w/ 1/4 cup guacamole
2 tbsp. barley-sweet. choc. chips

8 oz. grape juice
1 ww toast w/ butter

calories: 2140:o
exercise: 35 min. treadmill
10 min. Pilates

Amarantha2
03-21-2006, 07:56 PM
Hi, guys! :wave: I'm on a flybye from a work computer ... have to go to meeting in a sec. I didn't meet any of my challenge today but cals are still good. Re exercise didn't go to the class and didn't run ... will run in park with trainer tomorrow ... today was just a "collapse" day after the marathon (not the fun kind) work session.

Everyone is doin' great! E, what are lo carb bars? :)

Arabella
03-22-2006, 06:57 AM
And what are sea chips?

deleted2
03-22-2006, 07:12 AM
Amarantha, I don't even remember the brand of the bars---maybe Slim-fast or something? They were the little ones that come 6 to a box, mallitol-sweetened. They weren't good and I won't buy them again. I need to make my own treats and I haven't had a chance to do that lately.

Arabella, sea chips have been around forever. They're just corn chips seasoned with various powdered seaweeds! Sometimes I just get a craving for them.

Amarantha2
03-22-2006, 08:02 AM
Yea, E, I need to make my own treats also ... only way and they are so much better than stuff in a box! :) I'm running in park with trainer today and then will stop at the whole foods market and work on stocking up on items for cooking. I have some promising recipes to tweak into my own healthier versions. I also want to make some of those frozen veggie quiche cups that are in the South Beach cookbook ... been wanting to do this for ages ...

deleted2
03-22-2006, 05:31 PM
coffee w/ 1/2 and 1/2
veg quiche w/ oat crust

1/2 cup brown rice w/ "chicken" seitan strips, vegs, 1 tsp. goddess dressing
apple w/ 1 tbsp. peanut butter and maple syrup

And then it all went to ****......Don't know why. I was at work preparing a reception and it was there and then, well, I don't want to talk about it. Oh the fat grams! :o :?: :o

The best thing about yesterday was I had a great workout! 45 min. working my lower body and 15 min. with dumbells. Apparently that was the most 'sincere' lower body workout I've done in a while because today I'm delightfully sore!

Amarantha2
03-23-2006, 05:14 PM
RAN A 14-MINUTE MILE! Huzzah! Actually, I ran 1.5 in 21 minutes, which is a 14-minute mile pace! My previous best pace since starting this project was 17.5 ... I used to run a 12-minute mile in the good ol' days long ago and far away (well, actually 10 years ago right here, but anyway ...) ... this is not bad for ME (slow for some, I don't care 'bout THEM, just ME!) :)

Then things went downhill a bit and I ate sugar again ... s'ok as I have decided not to be so strict ... still giving up sugar (again) and the white stuff, but if items have a tiny bit of cornstarch (like the low carb tortillas I like), I'm going to stop obsessing over things like that ... and if I occasionally lapse into sugar, I'm just going to ignore it and go on with my plan ... so no sweat.

Low glycemic (fairly) snack idea: Cashew butter tortillas ... spread one tablespoon cashew butter on a sugar free, low carb, 100 percent whole wheat tortilla (small size ... I use La Tortilla Factory Lo Carb ... 50 cals, fold like burrito and wrap in foil (much like a Hostess Ho-Ho in the ol' days when they were wrapped in foil not a cellophane-like thing on a cardboard slab) ... freeze, grab and go for lunch, snacks ... thaw or microwave.

If you really WANT a Hostess Ho-Ho, mix some sf chocolate 100 percent whey protein powder into the cashew butter.

Cashew butter, btw, should never be bought in a $14 jar ... this doesn't taste fresh and costs too much. Best bet is to buy it in a small container in health food store (ground by you or staff) or whole foods market ground fresh and in a small container ... a cup or so is a few bucks in most areas.

Cashew butter gets hard if kept too long, especially in the fridge, heating in a microwave and stirring takes care of this before spreading on the tortillas. The cal count with the La Tortilla brand and a T of cashew butter is 155, give or take.

Just call me Betty Crocker.

ceara
03-27-2006, 07:52 AM
:wave: Betty! I found that too with the almond butter...I need to find a store where they grind it. Good work with the running! I'm ready to get back into it now that my life is more my own...and a 14 minute mile is nothing to sneeze at...it is faster than my no-minutes miles!!!
Eydie! How're ya doin'?
:wave: Bye!

ceara
03-27-2006, 08:44 PM
Ending the day at 6745 on the pedometer...did walk the road. Food was good. Water...so-so. Gonna go have a drink of H2O and off to bed! Tired...;)

ceara
03-28-2006, 07:12 AM
Ok...gonna walk in the rain. My time yesterday was fast...had the wind at my back for 1/2 of the walk! :lol: Will have to add more distance again. Scale is moving down too...'twas a temporary thing. I am going to do some weights today too...along with everything else. Better go!

Empress, I'm sure Boston will still be there...how dare it not?

Yokosuka
05-02-2006, 12:12 AM
Hello ladies,

I was recently introduced to BFL from a friend that did it successfully years ago. I bought the book and Eating for Life. I didnít know about the book for women. I want to get started right away, so I donít have time to order a 3rd book. :?: Are the two books very different? Is there away I can use the original book and incorporate the ideas from the new book? Any help of advice you could give would be great!

Thanks!