LA Weight Loss - G.I. Diet

View Full Version : G.I. Diet

treehouse
01-25-2006, 10:55 AM
Is anyone doing this diet. It has worked for me. I would love to meet others who have had success with this diet.

PS...how do I get this Diet as a sub-forum?

Snowbunny
01-25-2006, 01:27 PM
I read the book; to me it just seemed a mild verson of south beach.
But good luck to you.

treehouse
01-25-2006, 02:06 PM
I'm not familiar with the South Beach Diet. I knew I was well overweight when I went for my annual check up last year. I asked my doc what to do and he suggested buying this book. I did and have dropped 54 lbs and my BMI went from a horrific 31 down to a healthy 22.

I have trouble calling it a diet though since it is basically a lifestyle change. Eat less and move more.

Cheers.

Treehouse

aphil
01-26-2006, 09:54 AM
A diet is only placed into a sub-forum if there is a ton of activity and a lot of people using it. A certain plan will not have a sub-forum if only a handful of people are using it.

treehouse
01-26-2006, 01:49 PM
Great...thanks for the info. Morning weigh-in 132.4 lbs.

InLimbo
01-27-2006, 04:38 PM
I just ordered a book called the GL Diet (Gyc. Load not index). Saw it on the England Amazon site - but ordered it off our American site. It was highly rated in England and since I've tried many if not all American Diets, I thought I'd branch out :D

Waiting for it now in the mail. Currently following the Curves plan - 6 smaller meals, lo-carb and lo-fat and doing well. Seeking a more long term approach.

Cheers....Sue

treehouse
01-27-2006, 08:03 PM
Hi Sue.

Good to have you onboard. Now that I've reached my weight I really need the support to maintain it. I'm trying to get my husband on the bandwagon...it's really difficult when he is home (he is a truck driver) as his eating habits suck....tonight it was Pizza Hut. Tomorrow will be a better day I hope.

The G.I. book that you ordered, do you know by what author it is? I'm just curious as there are a few out there.

Cheers.

Tree

surfer376
01-28-2006, 01:05 AM
Tree I am on The G.I. Diet!
Love it, here is a link to some gi dieters, it kinda fizzed out. I joined at one time but no one gave me the time of day, also my gi buddy quincy joined and it was the same for him.
But here is the link maybe you can get some ideas!
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59635
Chari