Entrees - Phase 1 - Turkey burgers

View Full Version : Turkey burgers

SunLit
01-25-2006, 11:13 AM
I had a lovely ground turkey breast burger last night by adding a bit of low-fat mozzarella and some cinnamon to it, then grilling it up. I didn't know what to expect, except for some burnt cheese on the grill.

But the cinnamon was a fabulous addition! I used just a dash, but it really came through nicely. I read somewhere that cinnamon was good for dieters, so I thought I'd pass that along. I hope it's allowed on Phase 1, because I see quite a few such Thanksgiving burgers in my future!

Also, the turkey I buy is specifically only ground breast and has very little fat. I noticed another post mentioning the various types of ground turkey and thought I'd mention it.

H-ko
01-25-2006, 03:55 PM
They're not OP, but prior to the SBD I would sometimes make DH blue cheese burgers by forming two very thin patties, sprinkling some crumbled blue cheese on one, and then topping it with the other and pressing them to seal together. Then I'd broil or grill it for him. It makes a pocket of warm, melty cheesy goo - so if you like that idea, you could try it with the turkey and mozzarella, too.

batmomm2000
01-27-2006, 08:02 PM
hey I just finish a ground chicken burger kinda the same. I mixed in chopped onion, mushroom, fresh basil and some pepper jack cheese. It was delish servied ontop a bed of spinach with horseradish mustard!!

I love the cinnamon idea though maybe my next one.