Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-25-2006, 05:25 AM   #1  

Default Losing weight while in college

Hey everyone... im a college student and i want to know if there are any others here who can give me tips on how to eat healthy while dealing with professors, sororities, fraternities, classes, all-nighters, final exams, etc...

my sleep patterns are HORRIBLE. I frequently pull all nighters even when i dont need to, simply because i cannot sleep. how does that affect my weight if i exercise and eat proper foods?

i plan to join my university gym tomorrow, and rent out a locker for the semester so i can bring clothes and leave them there... that way i will not have excuses like "i forgot my sports bra".

Sometimes i feel like im not motivated.. and i wonder what the **** is wrong with me... but lately i find that all the negative energy i put into hating exercise could easily convert into positive energy for putting on my shoes and getting to my campus gym

It's a slow and steady climb... i just hope that i can start (and more importantly, continue) my routine through the semester...

I love this website...
brownsugah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 07:08 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 184/C/145

Hello,

I am in college/university, and trust me I know your struggles. But sometimes you can really take advantage of all the good things college has to offer without ruining your lifestyle/diet/exercise routine. My number 1 suggestion is get a buddy! I am sure one of your friends needs to loose a few pounds too, this helps both of you stay motivated and track. As well when one dont want to go to the gym the other will make you! My second suggestion join WW or TOPS or some sort of support group. When you diet alone for me, its just setting myself up to fail, when you have someplace to go weekly then its more encouraging. It is also important to cut back on the alcohol! I find when go out to clubs and stuff I eat after, and eat to cure hangover and just eat because I want to. So I go out every weekend, but I only consume 3-4 drinks a night (on my flex points). When going to parties/social gatherings bring baked lays chips. Its all about improvement in small steps, that will get you results, and help you stick. Anyways hope I helped!
Take this oppurtunity to improve your life, b/c when your out of college you'll be too "stressed" out or "busy" b/c u'll have a job, or familly, or husband...so life really never gets easier, so probably now is a good time as ever! (I know this b/c I felt like this for so long!)

Jenn
jenn_mullett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 08:13 AM   #3  
Get Phlip ready to flip!

S/C/G: 165/155/135

Height: 5'6"

I'm also at school, and I think your idea of buying a locker is a great one. The more money I put in, the less I want to let is go to waste (and just the $10 for the locker does it for me- stupid college budget ). Other things I would suggest: plan out your meals and carry healthy snacks: on my campus, it's almost impossible to find a healthy snack at the union, except for ones that cost 3 times as much as normal snacks. The sleep probably does affect your weight, because even if you are eating healthy foods, you are probably eating more. We get hungry during the night, but not enough to wake yourself up. If you are up anyways, you are more likely to eat. It can also mess up your studying: your body retains information better if you get a good night's sleep the day before it is learned and for two days after (not all that realistic, but setting a schedule will at least let your body adjust to the amount it's getting). Good luck with your loss!
swingchick is offline   Reply With Quote