LA Weight Loss - Question on Servings

View Full Version : Question on Servings

StargazerJMK
01-24-2006, 02:00 PM
I guess that's what you'd call it. I see in the food guide that they have the following listing for eggs:

Eggs,large, whole.........3 (up to 6 per week). What exactly does that mean? That three large, whole eggs are a single protien?

I'm soooo confunsused.. :dizzy:

On an up note. I talked to them yesterday about the LA Lites and I have now been moved up to the Red Plan... without the LA Lites. :cheer: Course I lose my guarantee, but heck... I'm not worried about that part.

mrsbeanie
01-24-2006, 02:03 PM
JMK - yes three large eggs are one protien. They recommend you only have 6 total eggs for the week. I usually do hard boiled eggs (1 and 1/2) for 1/2 protien or use the egg substitutes. Sometimes I do egg salad without the bread

StargazerJMK
01-24-2006, 02:09 PM
JMK - yes three large eggs are one protien. They recommend you only have 6 total eggs for the week. I usually do hard boiled eggs (1 and 1/2) for 1/2 protien or use the egg substitutes. Sometimes I do egg salad without the bread

Whew! Thanks. That means that I can have half that hard boiled egg left in the office fridge in my salad today. I had one at mid morning along with a fruit. The fruits I get, and most things are pretty straight forward. Somethings however are really different... peanutbutter & jelly sandwich is 1 protien, but 1 slice of lite bread is a starch... like I say... I'm confused. LOL

Thanks again!

mrsbeanie
01-24-2006, 02:13 PM
The jelly sandwich falls under carb cravers where they take into count the total amount of calories say and compare it to a serving size of meat. For example a vegetarian protien is 3 tbs peanut butter but on the carb craver pb&j you only would use 1 tbs

shennie_97
01-24-2006, 02:52 PM
the carb cravers can be used for replacment proteins to get the carb cravings in. but try not to have more than a few a week.

StargazerJMK
01-24-2006, 03:07 PM
The jelly sandwich falls under carb cravers where they take into count the total amount of calories say and compare it to a serving size of meat. For example a vegetarian protien is 3 tbs peanut butter but on the carb craver pb&j you only would use 1 tbs

Awww that makes sense. Thanks for explaining it to me. I may figure this out yet. ;)

StargazerJMK
01-24-2006, 03:09 PM
the carb cravers can be used for replacment proteins to get the carb cravings in. but try not to have more than a few a week.

I try to limit carbs as much as possible. I'm hoping I can keep that up. I've been the receipe section and found somethings I'm defiantely going to try. So much great information here. :carrot:

Big Bootie
01-25-2006, 09:59 AM
I just started LAWL last week. I have eaten 1 and 1/2 tbs PB and 1 tbs sugar free jam on on piece of light bread twice now. I have been counting it as 1 starch, 1/2 protein and a condiment. Is this ok? No one at my center said anything.

deetsmom
01-25-2006, 10:54 AM
There is a PB&J Carb craver that just counts as one protein...look in your guide, it should be there:)

Big Bootie
01-25-2006, 11:31 AM
I saw that but is it ok to do what I am doing instead of the carb craver?

mrsbeanie
01-25-2006, 11:37 AM
Big bootie - it is perfectly fine to do it the way you are and count it like you do. I do it both ways!

Repo girl
The peanut butter should only be 1 T, I think. But I am on blue, maybe it its different?

mrsbeanie
it's probably better to do it the way you do cause its not so good to do a lot of carb cravers!

mrsbeanie
01-25-2006, 11:38 AM
For Carb Cravers it would be 1 T of peanut butter. But as she is doing it and counting it 1 1/2 T would be 1/2 a protien.

shennie_97
01-25-2006, 11:45 AM
The peanut butter should only be 1 T, I think. But I am on blue, maybe it its different?

Kaite on Blue and lower your protein sizes are smaller. I think you get more on the higher plans

Big Bootie
01-25-2006, 11:49 AM
I am on the red plan repo girl so 1 and 1/2 tbs is a half protein.

I am trying to get away from eating the PB as much because it is a vegetarian protein. But I don't really know what to eat for my half protein in the mornings. I don't like eggs, so that is not an option. I guess I could get the half in at another time?

Also is it normal to gain a pound during my first week. I lost five pounds initially but then I gained a pound back. My counselor said it was probably because I ate beef two days in a row. Oops.....that was not planned. And I missed a fruit serving one day. Is this true? I am trying to stick on this the best I can and not get disappointed in myself for gaining a pound. I guess maybe it will take a couple of weeks to really figure it all out.

One last question, sorry to be so bothersome on my first day here! Is it a problem if I eat dinner later in the evening, I am still eating every two to three hours but I go to school at night and don't always have time to eat dinner before I go to school, so I have been eating one of my fruits during class and then my dinner when I get home. Is this ok?

Repo girl
01-25-2006, 11:58 AM
My center says that it is a myth that you cannot eat later in the evening. They said it was fine. Did you know that you can eat 2 oz of lowfat cheese for your 1/2 protein? Is your PB reduced fat? I would not worry about the 1 lb gain. I'm sure that it will gone by next WI. Make sure you are getting all of your waters in, as that is really important to your loss. Come on over to the losers and friends thread and introduce yourself. That is where most of us hang out!

juliemarie
01-25-2006, 12:12 PM
1. After the initial Take Off/Fast Forward, whatever they call it-it is common to gain a little back. Hang in there and do what you're doing.

2. Katie-my center says that only soy cheese can be used as a protein. Reg red fat cheese has to be counted as a dairy. Must be a corporate/franchise difference.

Repo girl
01-25-2006, 12:26 PM
Must be, someone else here said the same thing. Have you tried the soy cheese? I wonder what it tastes like?

juliemarie
01-25-2006, 12:36 PM
I haven't tried it. Don't really need to-I have no difficulty getting my protein in;)

Big Bootie
01-25-2006, 12:48 PM
I don't think I could do the soy cheese. I am so picky about my dairy. I don't like the soy milk, so I don't think I would like the cheese. I think I am just going to have to up my protein at lunch or dinner by a half on some days.

juliemarie
01-25-2006, 12:54 PM
I really don't think having red fat pb at breakfast every morning is a problem.

Big Bootie
01-25-2006, 01:17 PM
Well the lady at my center said that she didn't advise it because it was on the vegetarian protein list and it is higher in fat and sodium than non vegetarian proteins.

juliemarie
01-25-2006, 01:28 PM
Yeah-they say lots of things;)

mrsbeanie
01-25-2006, 01:34 PM
just wanted to add - My center told me I could use the vegetarian protiens as I have such a hard time getting my protiens in. They did say that peanut butter should be kept to 2 - 3 full servings per week. I think that if you limit yourself to 1 1/2 T per day of reduced fat peanut butter it was okay

shennie_97
01-25-2006, 01:59 PM
in the new books, regular PB has the dot behing it meaning you can't have it often, but RF has nothing behind it

also when i have class late at night i have a big breakfast and lunch and then a smaller dinner and I usually eat a lite in the car on the way home. It is not so much about the actual time you eat, but moreso about how much time it will be before you go to sleep between eating and bed.