General chatter - Anti-wrinkle creams?

View Full Version : Anti-wrinkle creams?

Venus In Mourning
01-24-2006, 01:52 PM
Has anyone had any success with any anti-wrinkle creams? I'm only 24 and it seems like overnight I am starting to get wrinkles around my eyes. For the past week I have been putting Neutrogena Wrinkle Reducer For Eyes around my eyes once in the morning and once at night with Neutrogena SPF 15 Healthy Skin Anti-Wrinkle Cream in the morning and Nivea Visage Night Cream with Q10 at night and it hasn't done much so far. Actually, for a couple days it looked better and then, while I wasn't doing anything different, the fine lines came back. Any suggestions anyone? Any experiences with what works and what doesn't?

I'm all about growing old gracefully, but I'm just not ready to start yet. :lol:

healthyme05
01-24-2006, 02:34 PM
Humm...I'm around your age (I'm 23). Some girls that have those fine lines earlier on get them because they spend a lot of time in the sun. I've heard that sunscreen on the face helps to slow down the process. About.com has a good article on preventing wrinkles with sunscreen. You should google it and read about it. Good luck!

funniegrrl
01-24-2006, 03:17 PM
Sun damage is definitely the #1 cause of wrinkles.

There's a great series of articles on skin care on the web site for Paula Begoun, a cosmetics consumer advocate. Here are a few about wrinkles:

Skin Aging & Wrinkles (http://www.cosmeticscop.com/learn/article.asp?PAGETYPE=ART&REFER=SKIN&ID=26)

Battle Plan for Wrinkles (http://www.cosmeticscop.com/learn/article.asp?PAGETYPE=ART&REFER=SKIN&ID=12)

Venus In Mourning
01-24-2006, 03:29 PM
Thank you both. I did find the article on About.com and read the two links from funniegrrl. I actually think the problem might be dry skin. It said, "The wrinkles you see and agonize over (not to be confused with fine lines caused by dryness these are easily remedied with a good moisturizer)." I used to soak up the sun constantly as a child, but I developed a bit of a skin irritation to the sun once I hit high school, so since then I have been spending a lot of time indoors. I'm not really a sun ray abuser, but I do know now to start wearing sunscreen no matter what. When these wrinkles appeared, my skin was in a weird transition from oily to dry. Once my skin went dry, I got wrinkles around my eyes. I'm going to keep moisturing I guess. It's so depressing though. :(

Nori71
01-24-2006, 05:30 PM
I've tried lots of products and still will! I have fine lines on my forehead and starting around my eyes. My most recent find is Burt's Bees - Repair Serum with Attar of Rose. I've found that many "serum" products actually do do what they are supposed to to some degree - "reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles" - my face usually feels nice a tight after applying.

BTW - OT, but the Paula's Choice line that was mentioned above works great! I LOVE her 1% beta Hydroxy Acid Gel - everyday under my moisturizer!