Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-24-2006, 11:10 AM   #1  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Default Thank GOD for 3FC!

I am at work. I was debating heading out for an hour or so (I came in early, so I have extra time) to go run some errands (bank, Target...). I was seriously thinking about how much I wanted to stop out for fast food for lunch while I was out. Cheeseburgers and fries and milkshakes, oh my!

Than I came here. I saw the thread by LLV about Super Size Me. I remembered both how yummy the fast food is and how gross I feel when I eat it and decided that the yumminess isn't worth the lethargy. Instead, since I was feeling hungry, I made my whole-wheat bagel w/peanut butter and strawberry jelly. I didn't even end up going out to run errands because I think it would have been too big a temptation (even going to Target, I probably would have wound up buying a whole box of Little Debbies or something).

Now that I've already eaten my lunch, if I am hungry when the real lunch time comes around, I can get a salad or a small cup of soup from the cafeteria downstairs (and stay AWAY from the pizza!). Even if I load a salad with cheese, egg, and heavy dressing, it will at least have the nutrients of the veggies, which is more than I can say for that would-be fast food meal (of course, I will be responsible about how much dressing and toppings I add, but just to make the point )!

So anyway, THANK GOD FOR 3FC and all of the friendly, helpful, and supportive members, or I would probably be scarfing a greasy pile of nutritionless junk right about now
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 11:14 AM   #2  
Working on Hot!

S/C/G: 242/225/175

Jill you and me both...(you beat me to posting the same thread..lol) I love this site..and I stay on track because there is such a place to come and see others just like me...Thank 3FC
la3y_un1c0rn_37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 11:37 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

This site is my sheild. As long as I stop in here first ... I make waaaay less mistakes!
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 11:52 AM   #4  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

AMEN, sistah!! 3FC has saved my butt on more than one occasion!
Jen415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 12:34 PM   #5  

Meeee toooo! Even though I'm a lurker more than anything, it still helps. A LOT.
beginme is offline   Reply With Quote