Support Groups - STOP THE INSANITY Weekly Challenge #4! Countdown to Valentine's Day!

mscat816
01-23-2006, 09:01 AM
The object of this thread is to STOP THE INSANITY! of doing the same thing week in and week out to lose weight, expecting different results, and not getting them! We invite you to challenge yourself to establish a new weight loss ACTION each week and repeat it for 7 days straight. Choose whatever inspires you and will make a difference in your weight loss goal - a certain amount of water intake each day, no sweets, a certain amount or kind of exercise a day, etc.

If you don't master the action - take it on another week. Once you have mastered the action, continue that challenge but if you are not losing weight (or inches) STOP THE INSANITY! and up the anty on that goal or take on another. We will weigh in and declare our challenge(s) for the week each Monday. I will award kudos for each day you report success and at the end of the week for total pounds lost.

We will support each other by staying focussed on our successes and/or challenges of the day and week and keep our personal stories to a minimum.

Let's see how much we can lose by Valentine's Day!

mscat-
All that we have is right now.
Yesterday is gone, Tomorrow is not promised, and Someday is not a day of the week!

dgpebbles
01-23-2006, 09:20 AM
Morning everyone,

well I'm down another 2lbs :goodscale this week....I did 6 of 7 days of workout last week....but I did ride my bike twice yesterday cause I knew I wouldn't be able to workout today...I am going to a Aerosmith concert :hat: tonight after work and I know I'll be to tired afterwards....

My goal this week is to get in exercise everyday the rest of the week, keep eating heathly...I do need to watch my water intake kinda slacking some days..

Hope everyone has a great day and a great weigh-in today:goodluck: ....I look forward to seeing everyones else's results..I know we all did great...chat at you all later

Soon2BFitChick
01-23-2006, 12:21 PM
Hey everyone!! :wave:

Yes, I'm happy with the scale this a.m.! I'm down to 214. Six pounds off last week! Yay! I know some of it was bc of my salt intake b4, so I slowed that down and I'm doing lots better! I kept my cals and fat in check for the whole 7 days, drank my water each day too, and did my exercises every day! This is the best week I think I have ever had while losing all this weight! I was reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeallly focused bc of my challenge on the other group. I didn't wanna be the slowest loser like I was last week. So I took charge and I think I may have won this week! 'Weighting' for everyone else's reports to come thru. If competition helps you at all, please consider joining our group. I know it has helped me. I'm back on track and going strong right now. That could change if another hurricane comes and displaces most of my family who live in Beaumont again, or my husband goes into the hospital or I adopt a newborn or if my baby has to spend a week in the hospital and I stay with her the whole time, never leaving once, (all of which happened this last year)... FOR NOW, I'm going strong again! Yayyyyy!!! :cb: :cb: :cb:

Thank you all so much for your help and motivation. I couldn't do it without you all. Seriously. Knowing I will be reporting here helps me too. I want to have done well. :D

So keep at it, ladies! (There are no men here lately, right?)

We are doing great! Hi 5^!!! :cp: :cp: :cp:

Big hugs, Selina :wave:

phatpanda
01-23-2006, 12:35 PM
So, best not to talk about my progress last week...with friends coming in from out of town, a roommate's birthday bash and sleep deprivation from work...i'm not going to even weigh myself today...

BUT, moving on...my challenge this week once again is to be in bed by 10pm! I really feel like getting some sleep would help my overall condition of being more active and staying focused!

Congrats to everyone who did so well last week!:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

deleted
01-23-2006, 02:24 PM
:balloons: :woo: for you, ladies! Wow, six pounds, Selina, and two pounds, dgpebbles!!!! :balloons: :woo: I am so happy for you! :flow1: Hope your success continues this week! :flow1:

Like phatpanda, I refused to get on the scale for a posting weight today because I have simply been NOT GOOD! Bad family stuff going on, a sibling going through an alcohol crisis that I don't think he will come out of this time ... and I am helpless to do anything about it! :( I know I'm making excuses, and I shouldn't. I'm an emotional eater, and that's what I've been doing ... getting emotional and eating! :(

Maybe this week will be better; I will do my very best, but I'm not going to state an official Challenge this week. I'm going to give myself a week to think about things and try to steady myself. I wasn't going to post at all this week, but I just had to come here and say how proud I am of my buddies here who are being SO DEDICATED, and getting it done!!! You are really rocking, girls! :dance:

Have a good week, all! :hug: and :cheer: for all of you!

Sushi Penguin
01-23-2006, 04:56 PM
Hello, hello :)
Tuesday morning here, and I'm another pound down. I was going to skip weigh in this week, but then I thought I did want to know how I'm doing! Anoter pound down, but I won't be adjusting the ticker because it seems like I did the calculations wrong last week.

Last week went quite well, I met my goals 6 days out of 7.
And Mscat, thank you for the power that one day when I had an insanity moment. :) I did the exercises and did get to bed - about 10 min late, but I did challenge myself, so I'll let that count. :)

This week it's no food after 7 pm and to be in bed in time (10 pm the next two days, then 10:30 pm rest of the week), and no more than one coffee per day and at least one coffee-free day.

Good luck to everyone! :goodvibes: :grouphug:

acire
01-23-2006, 06:30 PM
Hey ladies,

GOOD JOB ON LOSING SO MUCH WEIGHT!!!
Selina... wow! That's so great. I know how it feels to see the scale drop so much, and I'm really happy that you are all sticking with your progress.

Last week I missed two days of the gym, but today I went back to it with a fury!! Today I'm down about 2.0 pounds, 1.9 to be exact. I'm happy with that considering I went ot visit my mom and ate some home cooked foods!

This week, it's all me though so I will be joining you ladies in being strict with this!

mscat816
01-24-2006, 12:41 AM
What a wonderful Monday report! A great week was had by all! Congrats to our last weeks' leaders . . .

carla :cp: :cp: :cp: for 3 days of goals met!

acire :cp: :cp: :cp: :cp: :cp: for 5 days and :woo: :woo: for 2lbs down! :encore:

Sushi :cp::cp: :cp: :cp: :cp: :cp: for 6 days and :woo: for 1lb gone! :encore:

Pebbkes :cp::cp: :cp: :cp: :cp: :cp: for 6 days and :woo: :woo: for 2lbs vanquished! :encore:

Bonnie :thanks: for sticking with us and cheering us on. Relax on your week off from challenges.

Phatpanda :grouphug: we love you - don't worry about weigh-in today. Just keep working and weigh-in will pay off soon.

Selina :cp: :cp: :cp: :cp: :cp: :cp: :cp: :cp: for 7 days of goals met and :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: for 6 whole pounds banished! :bravo:

and me - couldn't face the scale either :eek: I only exercised 3 days (thanks to my bum knee), but I did 4 days of good eatin' and got to bed by 10 3 of those days. I count 4 days of goals met out of 7. Gotta do better this week - promising to get in 4 days of exercise and working on bed by 10 again.

I am sooo proud of all of you for standing strong even in the face of family visits, tempations and challenges. We are not giving up! Let's strive to have a STOP THE INSANITY moment that keeps us on track each day. Have a great week.

mscat-
All that we have is right now. Yesterday is gone, Tomorrow is not promised, and Someday is not a day of the week!

Sushi Penguin
01-24-2006, 02:00 AM
Mscat, I had an idea the other night, just as I was falling asleep... maybe we could have "Insanity Stopped" reward icons? We'd post whenever we pressed the button or did something to stop the insanity and you as our leader could award us (and yourself as well, of course!) kudos...? What do you think, Ladies?

carla49
01-24-2006, 02:23 AM
Hey, Sushi, I like that idea! A new way to meld the challenge and stop-the-insanity concepts! Now if only I could get a grip and actually hit that stop button a little more often...

Bonnie, sorry to hear you've got another family issue. Don't hesitate to PM me if you'd like to talk about it. :hug:

Mscat, good on ya' (channelling Aussie lingo here) for doing as well as you did, especially with the bum knee.

Awesome weight-loss success from Selina (WOW!) Acire, Pebbles and Sushi! Now if the rest of us could stop messing about and stop the insanity of using food for all the wrong reasons, maybe we would weigh in and make the weekly pounds-down hit list too! (But maybe not tonight? :lol: )

Tonight I'm celebrating a fairly positive outcome in our federal election here: the ruling party out (they had misbehaved and deserve punishment), a minority government (good because while they're too right wing they can't do too much to dismantle social programs in their present situation). Not a perfect scenario, but given fears of a landslide right wing majority, I'm just dancing and drinking the night away (metaphorically, at least). :D :hat:

deleted
01-24-2006, 11:07 AM
:flow2: Sushi, acire ... I wanted to jump back in here to congratulate you on your lost pounds! I'm very happy for you, and hope you will see more good results this week! :flow2: (Also changed my ticker back from 199 to 202 ... gotta face it, and then fight my way back down! :o :dizzy: :^: )

Carla, thanks for your shoulder when I need it! Some of these things we just can't do a thing about, sadly ... :hug:

Have a great day, everybody! :cheer:

phatpanda
01-24-2006, 11:41 AM
Bonniebell - just wanted to say with your honesty to change the ticker I changed mine as well...thank you for making it real to me that it's okay to gain a little and get right back into the program...:thanks:

too bad we can't make our own stop the insanity icon...but definitely think it's a good idea to give kudos for all of our willpower! mscat- you are too good about keeping track of things and rewarding us all...your leadership is much appreciated:flow2:

hope everyone has a good day today!

deleted
01-24-2006, 11:48 AM
phatpanda ... :hug: We'll all conquer this thing together, one day at a time! :^:

deleted
01-24-2006, 11:55 AM
Hey .... for some reason, our Weight-Trackers are suddenly not showing!!! What gives? Let's see if it works on this one ...

NEVER MIND! That's right ... the Trackers only show on your FIRST post on page ... :-)

mscat816
01-25-2006, 12:11 AM
Great day for me! Hit the insanity button a couple of times today when I wanted to snack - instead of the usual - I reached for a fruit or veggie and as a result - got all my servings in :carrot:

Great idea Sushi! Let me know if anyone finds one we can import! For now I will use the :bravo: sign for everytime you report a STOP THE INSANITY accomplishment!

Phatpanda :bravo: and Bonnie :bravo: for bravery and honesty in changing those tickers!

carla49
01-25-2006, 12:27 AM
Gee, Mscat, it seems that in my case it's the d****d insanity button that keeps hitting me instead of vice versa. :( I have a feeling next week it'll be me you're congratulating for facing up to changing my ticker... this is a week that will live in self-indulgence infamy. :shrug:

deleted
01-25-2006, 12:22 PM
:flow2: Morning, Girlies! :flow2:

Hope you're ALL having a good day. :grouphug: I'm feeling a little more *up* personally. I had dropped a pound, back to 201, this morning. Even though I'm not officially *Challenging* this week, I did go to water aerobics on Monday night, walked two miles and went to the weight room yesterday, and am getting ready to go with my husband to the Y shortly, where I will do a water workout on my own while he does the weight room. (I couldn't sleep last night, hence, missed the water class I meant to attend early this morning.)

Calorie-wise, I've done a little better this week .... Monday in the 1800 range, Tuesday in the 1500 range. Just feeling my way again ...:dizzy: I had a *S.T.I.* moment when I got up at 3:00 a.m. today when I just could not sleep. Usually, I will SNACK :o a little more heavily than I should then ... because I'm lonely, things on my mind, nobody to *talk at!* But this time, I said to myself, NO :no: you will NOT do that! I had a small apple and an ounce of nuts (added the calories to my total yesterday), and went back to bed pleased that I had pushed my *S.T.I.* button! :D (Miss Carla, I know what you mean about the *S.T.I.* button hitting you .... For a few days, felt like it was beating me to death! :D )

Also decided to mix up a new *cocktail* to take the place of the wine I like to drink with dinner. As much as I enjoy it, I know that wine is empty calories and I'd be better using those calories for healthy food. I know one glass is heart-healthy, but I usually will drink two if I drink one!!!:o :devil: :dizzy: SO I am making the most refreshing drink ... fill a big glass with ice, pour about a third full with lo-cal Cranberry Juice Cocktail, fill with diet Ginger Ale, squeeze a quarter of a fresh lime into that, and YUM!!! So crisp and lovely ... :^:

Have a good Wednesday, everybody! :cheer: for all!

Sushi Penguin
01-25-2006, 07:31 PM
Hello Ladies :)
Three days of success behind me. :) Hopefully the rest of the week will go just as good!

Bonnie, congrats! Good job with the button! Actually, I want to nominate this icon as kudos for pressing our insanity buttons :strong: -- because it requires a lot of strenght to do it and to stop the insanity! :)

mscat816
01-26-2006, 12:39 AM
Hi Ladies!

Sushi - :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: for 3 days of ACTION! I thought about using the :strong: symbol too! I like it - we'll give it a go and see how everyone likes it.

Bonnie :cheer: :cheer: for 2 days of ACTION and a :strong: for your S.T.I. moment! Thanks for the wine spritzer substitute recipe. Gonna try it myself instead of sneaking that more than occasional wine cooler.

carla :hug: I know what you mean - I skipped bellydance class (too much stuff to do this evening) and did NOT get on the treadmill to make up for it :fr: But I did do extremely well on diet plan - DD and I are on this very strict and stringent diet just this week only to jump start our weight loss beyond that dreaded plateau.

Have a great Thursday everyone!

Sushi Penguin
01-26-2006, 07:23 AM
Thursday evening here, and I messed up... had dinner late, munched after dinner, no chance of making it to bed by 10:30 pm...
However, I've had no coffee at all today and didn't even feel tempted! Being at home makes that easier, since I sually get coffee during break at work, but it's been even easier to have two a day at home ever since I bought this new kind of coffee in bags, which you can brew like tea.

dgpebbles
01-26-2006, 10:03 AM
I haven't been to bed before midnight all week...someone kick me in the butt and make me get some rest..I've done good on eating but I don't know what happened yesterday with my water..

deleted
01-26-2006, 10:39 AM
:sunny: Morning, friends! :sunny:

Popping in a minute to say that I stuck with 1500 calories yesterday ... :dance: .... two days in a row now, and I did do that water workout in the afternoon so I'm doing well. :D Now, let's see how today goes. I *think* I will do a long walk this afternoon if it isn't too cold, and definitely will do the bike & weights tonight at the Y.

Off to Costco (to fight the samples!) and get a nice rotisseried chicken to bring home! Have a great day, all! :cheer:

deleted
01-27-2006, 12:25 AM
Good evening ladies .... :flow1:

Hope you've all had a good day. On my way to bed, and just wanted to say that I DID exercise for the fourth day, tonight doing my bike & weight-room session. Kept the calories in the 1600 range today so am pleased about that. Maybe eventually this scale will drop a little more.:^:

Tomorrow will be a challenge as my DH and I are going to see "Capote", then out to eat at a great Mexican restaurant. I've checked out their menu (with nutritional info) on line, have my dinner planned ... Chicken Margarita off the grill, grilled veggies, and Mexican rice (560 calories total). The hardest thing will be resisting their homemade tortilla chips, so I'm planning on taking twelve out of the basket, and nibbling on just those until my food comes. I'm still debating about a Margarita ... could just share one with my DH. Keep your fingers crossed for me that I can manage this, please! :dizzy:

Hope you're all having a good evening ... :grouphug:

mscat816
01-27-2006, 12:26 AM
I am sooo tired! It is 11 pm and I am still up :tantrum: But I had an excellent day staying OP. Didn't hit the insanity button at my friend's candy dish on her desk though :no:

Can't seem to get on the exercise band wagon again. Going to bed too late so I don't have the energy or the motivation when I get up at 6:30! WIll have to figure out something - we are moving the stair climber back into the bedroom and I know it will be harder to use my excuses then.

dgpebbles - you and I have got to solve our night owl problem ;)

Bonnie :cheer: :cheer: for 2 days in a row of standing firm.

Sushi :strong: for resisting that coffee!

I have a few more things to do tonight before my Landmark Education event tomorrow (home introduction). I am determined that after tonight I will go to bed on time! Have a great Friday ladies.

deleted
01-27-2006, 12:42 AM
Mscat, I feel for you .... with not being able to get to sleep at night! It can wear you down. Hope things go well with your day tomorrow.

Actually ... I've stood pretty firm for FOUR days now, Mscat. Just hope and pray that I can keep it up!!! It's a miracle for me to do so lately! :-) (Just realized this moment that we posted at the same time, girl!!!)

Night all!

Sushi Penguin
01-27-2006, 08:05 PM
I'm willing to let Friday count.
I did get to bed earlier than expected (around 10:40 pm). Food didn't go as good - we went for a trip, didn't get back till 7:30 pm, there was no dinner for me by mistake (nothing big, no worries), I was too tired to cook anything - so I just had some cereal and then a bit of chocolate.
It probably shouldn't count though... I don't know. Bah.

mscat816
01-28-2006, 12:00 PM
Mornin' Lovelies! I am having the most fantastic week despite my little problems with staying up too late and not getting in any exercise. I have been OP everyday with the exception of last night. I had a Landmark Home Introduction at my home and munched on my appetizers :D (Not on my Plan!)

However, we had a fabulous evening - the workshop left each of my guests with a new possibility that will make a difference in their lives and one of my guests registered for the Landmark Forum :carrot: I invented a new possibility around time which includes time to exercise and take care of my health needs.

I was so inspired that I shifted my belief in my ability to accomplish my weight loss goals. I will post in more detail about what I see for myself in the area of health and fitness when I have more time. However, what I didn't share with all of you is the scale has been moving again. I was afraid to say anything because that happened last week for whatever reason and by the time weigh-in day came I was up 2 lbs! So I am changing my ticker to honestly represent what I weighed at the beginning of this week so my weigh-in on Monday will be representative of what my accomplishment is. I am confident I will show a loss because I know the move in the scale this week is the result of my hard work.

Bonnie :cheer: for another day of success. I know you can do it this week. Today is yours for the taking!

Sushi :hug: hang in there. It's not about what you didn't do yesterday - it's about what you can do today!

deleted
01-28-2006, 12:35 PM
:hug: Mscat, I can hear your energy and positive outlook ring out! Good for you! :flow1: Hope you will have a great weekend, and am looking forward to hearing about your new plans for yourself in the healthy lifestyle arena!

I took a day off plan yesterday ... ate about 2000 calories by the time we saw "Capote", ate at Chili's, then had wine by the fire. I MEANT to hold the calorie line at 1500, but it was just one of those days when I didn't.:dizzy: I am getting ready to take a long walk, so that will mean exercise five out of six days so far, and I'm really pleased about that. I'm thinking the scale may smile on me Monday ... :)

Good luck to all of you, WHEREVER in the devil you are!!! :o Miss you when you don't check in! :grouphug: But I hope your absence indicates that you're having such a great weekend that you can't be bothered with the computer ... :D

Cheerio! :dance:

deleted
01-29-2006, 06:27 PM
:p Hey girls ... you must be out having a ball! :p 'Cause I sure can't find you here this weekend ... :lol:

I have exercised six out of seven days ... two water workouts, two weight room/biking workouts, two long walks! YAY!!!!!!!!! Very pleased about that! :sunny: NOW ... food-wise, I was very good four days, two days I've eaten at about *maintenance* level, and today isn't over yet! But since I didn't really CHALLENGE myself this week, was just sorting myself out, I am happy. Don't know if the scale will drop tomorrow, but at least I've had a week where I know I haven't OVERDONE!

Hope you all have good weigh-ins tomorrow, and are having a great weekend! :grouphug:

Sushi Penguin
01-29-2006, 07:49 PM
The rest of the week is a blur... I know I did achieve my coffee goal - no days with more than one coffee and one day of no coffee at all. But I can't be sure regarding my other goals... not met on Thursday, but met on Friday or Saturday or both... Sunday was fine, but I didn't get to sleep till very late despite having gone to be on time. Maybe that's why I'm so confused - not enough sleep! ;)

This week same goals... no food after 7 pm (or after dinner if running late), in bed by 10:30 pm with lights off, no more than one coffee per day and at least 1 day with no coffee.

mscat816
01-29-2006, 09:50 PM
Hi Ladies - I am sooo looking forward to hearing about everyone's successes tomorrow. I know everyone has had a least a couple of days of good fortune this week. We all have been making great progress :carrot:

I have had a great diet day and the scale is still loving me with a change in the right direction - DOWN! For the first time in a long time I am looking forward to weigh-in tomorrow. I will do my utmost to get the thread changed in the morning so we can post our weights and our goal totals for last week.

Have a great evening!

mscat816
01-30-2006, 04:56 PM
DON'T POST HERE - GO TO STOP THE INSANITY WEEKLY CHALLENGE #5!
mscat