Old 01-23-2006, 05:57 AM   #1  
Atkins Lover

Default Weekly Chat for Jan. 23rd - Jan. 29th

Well this weekend was a rough one as far as food, which I knew on Friday it would be. I also had some major family drama happen on Friday night, but I didn't turn to food again. It wasn't w/dh this time but w/my half sister and her family. AUGGHHHH!! Anyways, I'm proud of myself for not turning this week to food w/all the emotional up and downs that have going on. I'm hoping to continue w/my induction this week again. I'm finding right now that I can make it through the week just fine but with everything that is going on during the weekends I can't. AUGHHHH, frustrating. Well have a great Monday and hope it is OP for you all.
beckamundo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 08:22 AM   #2  
TemporaryFatChick

Hang in there Bec, and CONGRATULATIONS for not caving in and eating your feelings when the drama began. It's so hard for us to find healthy ways to deal with emotion when we have a life long habit of turning to food!

I'm entering day 2 of induction, and while I dreaded it, it's not been so bad. I found asparagus on sale at Food City, so I felt like I was livin' large with my steak and asparagus last night. I've got two waters, 2 eggs, 1 oz. of cheese and my first cup of coffee in so far, and I have a spinach salad and chicken in the fridge for lunch, so I feel pretty good about my day. I'm not looking forward to my joints aching like they did last time I was on induction, but I'm anxiously awaiting the energy boost!

Have a good day everyone!

Tenn
Tennessee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 08:45 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 196/150/150

Bec - sorry to hear about the family drama, but good for you sticking to plan!!

Tenn - hoping your energy boost comes in soon!! Glad to hear that you are finding foods to make induction easier to handle. Having a variety of food on induction is what made it 1000x easier for me this time around. Last time I pretty much existed on salads (green, egg & tuna LOL).

Have a great day everyone. The boys are home now, so my posting time will be limited again for the next couple weeks - as always .
gonna_be_150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 08:46 AM   #4  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Morning Ladies and Have A Happy Sucessful Week !!!!
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 09:14 AM   #5  

Happy Monday everyone... I had a great weekend..and mondays are my weight in day.. (I try not to weight each day just in case of gain.. lol) So anyway I weighed in today and I have been great with sticking to my 20 or less carbs per day but mainly sticking to just about 20.. and I was so upset to step on the scale to see a 2lbs gain.. WHY?? I don't get it.. I do the test strips each day I am between dark pink and dark maroon at all times.. I just don't get it.. I am pretty upset I also think my #1 down fall was that on Jan 2nd when I started this I didnd't weight myself until a week later.. well we all know that you loose quite a bit that first week so I feel like I jipped myself of that.. lol So my starting weight was 176 and now I am 173 this morning.. now there is one more thing and I am thinking this is probably a huge factor.. does anyone else have this problem of not going ot the "bathroom" regularly when on Atkins?? What do you do for this.. take a fiber substitute?? Okay I guess I am done complaining for this beautiful snowy monday morning I have just been doing so good with exercise and sticking to the 20 grams of carbs per day that to step on the scale and see a rise is very upsetting..

Christine
ChrisNeedsLessWeight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 09:59 AM   #6  
TemporaryFatChick

O Christine, that's so disappointing! Yep, I had a "going" problem when I started the first time. I make sure I'm drinking a lot of water, and I take a fiber cap twice per day. The combo keeps things going smoothly. As for the scale #$*%^ to the scale! How do your clothes feel? Did you measure before you started? I weigh every morning and am always surprised when I see my weight fluctuate by 3-5 pounds in a day. I know I'm not eating 10,000 calories, so it's not possible for it to be fat - probably water, gravity, etc. If you're sticking to it, just drink your water, take some fiber and hang in there, the pounds really will melt off!!!
Old 01-23-2006, 09:59 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 180/176.5/135

Height: 5'6.5"

Hi Christine - I am in the same boat as you - no weight loss this past week.

As for the "bathroom" problem - Atkins suggests adding Psyllium husks for fiber to your diet. I tend not to be very regular when Atkinsing...kind of wondering if that's why I weigh several pounds more today than yesterday...

*sigh* - this week is off to a depressing start for me
Morgaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 10:00 AM   #8  
TemporaryFatChick

O Christine, that's so disappointing! Yep, I had a "going" problem when I started the first time. I make sure I'm drinking a lot of water, and I take a fiber cap twice per day. The combo keeps things going smoothly. As for the scale #$*%^ to the scale! How do your clothes feel? Did you measure before you started? I weigh every morning and am always surprised when I see my weight fluctuate by 3-5 pounds in a day. I know I'm not eating 10,000 calories, so it's not possible for it to be fat - probably water, gravity, etc. If you're sticking to it, just drink your water, take some fiber and hang in there, the pounds really will melt off!!!
Old 01-23-2006, 10:54 AM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by beckamundo
Well this weekend was a rough one as far as food, which I knew on Friday it would be. I also had some major family drama happen on Friday night, but I didn't turn to food again. It wasn't w/dh this time but w/my half sister and her family. AUGGHHHH!! Anyways, I'm proud of myself for not turning this week to food w/all the emotional up and downs that have going on. I'm hoping to continue w/my induction this week again. I'm finding right now that I can make it through the week just fine but with everything that is going on during the weekends I can't. AUGHHHH, frustrating. Well have a great Monday and hope it is OP for you all.
Hang in there Bec.. I know I tend to lean on food for comfort to so I know how big of a deal it was for you this weekend to stay on track.. so WTG!!!!! As far as the week vs. weekend I am in the same boat as you I do fine during the week no problem at all then the weekend comes and I think we jsut have so much going on that I find it harder.. but I HAVE to do this so I just chug through... glad you made it this weekend and heres hoping to a great week..
Old 01-23-2006, 10:56 AM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennessee
Thank you.. I did measure myself the day I did my first official weight which was the 2nd sunday in January (2 weeks ago yesterday) I am actually just getting done with my 2.6 mile walk/run (lol) so I am going to hit the shower and remeasure that will be a great boost if I see something there.. and as far as my clothing yes I do see a difference and I see a difference over all and ya know I am alway stelling my girlfriends don't worry about what the scale says go by how you feel.. funny how I can preach til the cows come home but I can't take my own advice... go figure.. thanks for your words I appreciate it..
Old 01-23-2006, 10:58 AM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgaine
Hi Christine - I am in the same boat as you - no weight loss this past week.

As for the "bathroom" problem - Atkins suggests adding Psyllium husks for fiber to your diet. I tend not to be very regular when Atkinsing...kind of wondering if that's why I weigh several pounds more today than yesterday...

*sigh* - this week is off to a depressing start for me
I am sorry to you to then.. you must feel like I do.. I just want to see something staying the same is okay.. but gaining 2lbs that freaked me out.. I have never heard of Psyllium husks I will have to look into that thank you very much.
Old 01-23-2006, 11:28 AM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisNeedsLessWeight
Thank you.. I did measure myself the day I did my first official weight which was the 2nd sunday in January (2 weeks ago yesterday) I am actually just getting done with my 2.6 mile walk/run (lol) so I am going to hit the shower and remeasure that will be a great boost if I see something there.. and as far as my clothing yes I do see a difference and I see a difference over all and ya know I am alway stelling my girlfriends don't worry about what the scale says go by how you feel.. funny how I can preach til the cows come home but I can't take my own advice... go figure.. thanks for your words I appreciate it..
Now I am quoting myself.. LOL

But really this just goes to show that I should have listened to my own preaching.. first off when I stepped on the scale this morning I didn't realize that 1/2 the scale was on a tile and 1/2 was off.. so when I went to take my shower I reweighed and saw ohh wow 2 lbs loss I was at 169.. so that was okay but the measuring was awesome.. I lost 3 1/4 inches in 2 weeks.. the only part of me that stayed the same was my upper thighs which is so funny cuz my pants are more baggy in the back/side legs so I would have thought they shrunk... strange huh??? But anyway it was a hug motivator to see all this hard work really was paying off.. so thanks for suggesting the measuring and anyone who is just starting out GO MEASURE.. so when the scale isn't telling you want you want.. the measuring probably will. Thanks for the support girls..
Old 01-23-2006, 01:09 PM   #13  
Baby Steps

Bec: WTG on not turning to food during stress. That is just SO awesome and you've a right to be proud. Hope the stress goes away soon!!

Tenn: WTG on day 2!! And asparagus sounds SOO good! I have some in a can--but it's not nearly as good as "fresh"

Stacie: Have a good couple days!!

Leenie: how's it going?!

Christine: Everyone's given you excellent advice. I think I'm abnormal because I've never had bathroom problems. WTG on the weight loss and glad things look better now Keep up the great work

Morgaine: Sorry to hear your week's not starting good. Hope it gets better!!

Not sure WHAT was running through my head. I went downstairs, did some weight lifting (didn't do the whole routine cuz DANG my muscles are out of shape. So was proud of what I DID accomplish--better than nothing) came up, and promptly ate a donut!! WHAT?? I know! I've NO clue what the heck happened. ARGH! I got some cheese and some venison sausage and a HUGE glass of water (1/2 way to getting my water intake in!!) and sat down to catch up here. After eating that and thinking about it, I realised I hadn't had a decent breakfast, and was SUPER hungry and when I get like that it's like my brain shuts down and I grab junk food for a "fast fix". That'll teach me! Oh, I didn't give up cappuccino completely. I tried, but had SUCH a monster headache I thought I was actually going to get sick. So I cut the cappuccino's to 1 REGULAR (small coffee cup) cup in the morning and one in the afternoon. And if I feel I "need" the edge, I bought bottled soda and I'll pour a SMALL glass. So going to work on cutting that out. But discovered cold turkey was just NOT the way to do it And I'm wishing that all the exercise I'm doing and if I got my water intake in I could keep at least the 2 small cups of it. We'll see!!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 01:22 PM   #14  
Baby Steps

OH!! Forgot to mention, I put my shorts on to exercise, looked down, and OMG one of my inner thighs has this BULGE of fat. EWW!! I mean, they BOTH have bulges, of course, but THIS was like an EXTRA. EWW!!! No shorts for me this summer until that is GONE!!!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 02:18 PM   #15  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

just a quick hello.......I did my measurements this morning, and Im down another 6.25 inches and decided Im taking today off. Give the fighting a day off in my head. I'll check in with you all tomorrow. No exercise(structured) and no food worries today.
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote